The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

So, Crosby is back (again) on Thursday.

Should they just give the cup to Pittsburgh?

What do you do with him? No way id put him in with James Neal and Malkin and risk hurting there Chemistry id honestly toss him on the 2nd line not like he needs anyone to sponge off of he can carry a Line on his Shoulders

So, Crosby is back (again) on Thursday.

Should they just give the cup to Pittsburgh?

What do you do with him? No way id put him in with James Neal and Malkin and risk hurting there Chemistry id honestly toss him on the 2nd line not like he needs anyone to sponge off of he can carry a Line on his Shoulders

I'd watch his minutes anyways, and Malkin is having an amazing season. Put Kunitz on Crosby's wing, and the world is as it should be.

Guest mr. potato head

I love the suggestion somebody made at some sort of conference about deciding draft order based on who collects the most points after being eliminated from the playoffs. The only argument against it seems to be that it's difficult to track in box score form, but from a competitive balance standpoint, it's a lot better than the current system.

I love the suggestion somebody made at some sort of conference about deciding draft order based on who collects the most points after being eliminated from the playoffs. The only argument against it seems to be that it's difficult to track in box score form, but from a competitive balance standpoint, it's a lot better than the current system.

But wouldn't the shit teams continue to be shit? :shifty:

Also, silver lining: watching the draft this year might be more interesting now that the Leafs have a potential top 5 pick!

Guest mr. potato head

Also, silver lining: watching the draft this year might be more interesting now that the Leafs have a potential top 5 pick!

No, because they'd be eliminated earlier, thus have more time to make up the points. To use this year's standings as an example, Columbus would be the only team currently accumulating "draft points" (and that just started). Even Edmonton's a few points away from being mathematically out of it, so Columbus gets a head start to make up for their comparative shittiness.

No, because they'd be eliminated earlier, thus have more time to make up the points. To use this year's standings as an example, Columbus would be the only team currently accumulating "draft points" (and that just started). Even Edmonton's a few points away from being mathematically out of it, so Columbus gets a head start to make up for their comparative shittiness.

Ah, gotcha. That is a good idea.

But, if they ever consider doing it, wait until the Leafs stop sucking :shifty:

Yakupov/Forsberg/Galchenyuk (although, his major injury this year is worrysome) will become our top prospect (sorry Kadri :shifty:)

Bah! Fantasy hockey...first week of playoffs.

Week starts, second place in the league. I am losing 3-7 right now. I don't like my chances :(

Worst part? The winner of the league gets to take one of the players from any other team, and I have Malkin!