The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Thanks for that. :P

Anyway, here's the Pittsburgh Penguins according to the hockey media.

And more gold from the same place.

You should ask Colorado for advice on how to lose winnable games.

Yes, cause when I think "team choking away a winnable game", I think of goalies getting chased in the first period of massive blowouts.

Guest mr. potato head

Game two of Kitchener/Owen Sound ends with a massive line brawl, an Attack player spearing Kitchener's goalie in the throat, and Owen Sound fans throwing towels at the Kitchener bench, then throwing pucks at a Kitchener radio announcer doing a post-game interview.

Ah, the OHL. :D

Game two of Kitchener/Owen Sound ends with a massive line brawl, an Attack player spearing Kitchener's goalie in the throat, and Owen Sound fans throwing towels at the Kitchener bench, then throwing pucks at a Kitchener radio announcer doing a post-game interview.

Ah, the OHL. :D

Spearing a goalie in the throat? THat sounds like kind of a douche move.

I fucking hate Leafs fans.

what other G.M.'s are out there for hire? any?

Burke has to get rid of all the crap on this Team... like Phaneuf , Connolly, Lyles, Lombardi, Armstrong...

make room for some awesome Marlies , Carlyle has to also Go. If these moves aren't made it will be another Year of The Fans of The Leafs wasting their Time and hard earned Money.

Lombardi and Armstrong I can understand, and Connolly to an extent...but Phaneuf, Liles, and Caryle? Randy just got here, he's not going to turn this team around in only 10 games

Spencer you are right but need to lose Kessel, Phaneuf and fill shoes with more heart need a true captain Need a Gilmoure Clark scoring ability like Sundin

Yes, let us get rid of Kessel, the one bright spot on this team. Who cares about his career season.....he doesn't hit or play with heart :angry:

Well, Phaneuf is out of position and gets schooled quite often. The problem is he's still a top 2 guy on about 20 other teams in the league. So it doesn't make sense replacing him unless you're getting at top 2 D back. Most people were against Caryle from the start, so it's not really fair for him when most fans want them to tank, yet complain about him being the coach.

Getting rid of Kessel is just stupid. I won't even comment further on that.

No need to drop Liles yet.

I agree on Connolly, Lombardi, Armstrong.

I think you can get some play out of Lombardi still.

The problem I see with Leafs fans this year is that (in my opinion) for the first time in Burke's tenure, they're not in a better position than they were when they started the season. They were leagues away when he started. I thought they'd make it this year...now they look like they'll be 10th next year, tops. I don't think it's the bodies in uniform that are the problem. I think it's coaching and management.

This is a little wacky, but if the "trade Kessel" idiots get their way, i'd like to see Kessel traded to Columbus for Nash (plus ancillary players/picks to make it fair). And as a throwin, add Brian Burke. The Burke name is huge in Ohio. Nash goes "home"; Kessel avoids the media bumrush. I think it works for everyone.

If Nash wanted to 'come home', he would have signed here two years ago :shifty:

Edit: I changed my mind...I just hate hockey fans. Why do I continue to read the message boards? :/

Some Canucks fans believe that Schneider is worth the 1st overall pick, calling him a top 5, elite goalie. I'm sorry, but...what? Schneider is a good goalie, yes, but elite?

There is no way I would move a top five pick to get Schneider. He is good, but it is still a small sample size there. He also benefits from playing for a very good hockey team. He would be a big upgrade for the Leafs or Columbus, but not at that price.

Some Canucks fans believe that Schneider is worth the 1st overall pick, calling him a top 5, elite goalie. I'm sorry, but...what? Schneider is a good goalie, yes, but elite?

Well some Canucks fans are idiots.

Still, you're talking about a goalie with a top five GAA, second in the league in SV PCT, and has a 19-7-1 record. There's only one goalie in the league with more than 20 wins and single digit losses, and that's Brian Elliot, a likely Vezina candidate. If top five, top two, and of two don't suggest elite to you, what do you want? Does he need to score 20 goals too?

Toe is right that it's a small sample size, but there's no way you get him out of this town without paying for it.

Still, you're talking about a goalie with a top five GAA, second in the league in SV PCT, and has a 19-7-1 record. There's only one goalie in the league with more than 20 wins and single digit losses, and that's Brian Elliot, a likely Vezina candidate. If top five, top two, and of two don't suggest elite to you, what do you want? Does he need to score 20 goals too?

But they're both playing on pretty fucking good teams, and win/loss record may as well be times eaten muesli before a game vs. times eaten poutine for all it really matters. And it is a small sample size, we thought Reimer was the goalie of the future based on a small sample size and look where that's got us.