RAW Reformation: 2006

Thatz

Guest Gavin

Very very good Saturday Night Main Event. I've been pretty much a silent reader of this diary, but I thought I'd comment on SNME.

I would of liked DX in a match, but the segment was down to a tee with DX's style in my opinion.

The main event was good, glad Edge brought the title back to RAW, in what would be a great real life match.

Carlito retaining. Now that's cool!

Hopefully now Cena won the No.1 contenders match, RAW vs ECW will disappear, just keeping it to RAW.

The 6-Man tag was decent, but probably the worst match of the show.

I like the way you've written it too, it makes it a nice length to read. I would of liked one more match on the card though.

Overall, Great Show!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE News and Notes - July 17th, 2006

-The ratings for Saturday Night's Main Event are in, and they aren't half bad. The show scored a 3.3 rating, 0.2 higher than the show in March. WWE officials believe that what is most likely the blowoff to the ECW/RAW angle helped boost the ratings. WWE is currently negotiating with NBC, to possibly do a show in December.

-Edge winning the WWE Championship was the big story of the night, he was obviously very pleased in winning his second title. Many believe that Edge being the main man to fight ECW is a symbol of the company's trust in Edge as a main eventer.

-From this point forward, it is expected that ECW will be treated as its own brand, with little cross-brand promotion. Although some WWE stars may make appearances from time to time, ECW is expected to run on it's own now. They've had over a month to gain an audience, and now it's time to test the brand.

-There was plenty of action before RAW this week. Harry Smith continued to dominate in dark-matches, defeating Rene Dupree. On HeAT, The Spirit Squad defeated Murdoch & Cade, Mickie James pinned Torrie Wilson, and Val Venis pinned Johnny Parisi.

-In ratings news, RAW ended up with a 4.0 rating this week, down from last week, with ratings being highest for the main event and the DX segments. ECW scored a 2.5 on Independence Day, and Smackdown! managed a 2.8.

-Despite some serious bumps in the ladder match at Saturday Night's Main Event, both Rob Van Dam and Edge are said to be in good condition. Both men were pleased with the match, although Edge would like to refrain from working too many dangerous matches due to his previous injuries.

-The home that Mick Foley was at on RAW this Monday was infact Ric Flair's. Mick Foley did not need any stitches, despite being thrown through a window.

-There is talk of bringing back both the Television Title and the Tag Team Titles for ECW over the course of the next few months. Although there is plenty of talent for the Television Title, ECW lacks the tag teams, and officials are worried that it may be too hard to get the 3 belts television time with only 1 hour to work with each week.

-The card for the Great American Bash is largely finalized. The show will feature Rey Mysterio defending the World Title against King Booker, Batista taking on Mark Henry, The Undertaker versus The Great Khali, Finlay defending against Lashley & William Regal, and London & Kendrick defending against the Pitbulls. A Cruiserweight title match is also likely to be added to the card.

-One thing of note is that Kane, who recently moved to Smackdown!, is not on the card. It is expected that he will appear though, and that he will help the Undertaker in the Punjabi Prison match against the Great Khali.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – JULY 17th, 2006

The Savior

[The show starts on a high note, as “Metalingus” by Alter Bridge hits, and the new WWE Champion, Edge, makes his way down to the ring with Lita, who is carrying a long, red bag. He's dressed in street clothes, clearly not expecting to wrestle tonight. The crowd is booing him relentlessly. He gives the spinner a twirl, and smirks.]

Edge: “Last Saturday night, at Saturday Night's Main Event, you witnessed history. For the first time in fourteen years, the WWE Championship was defended on NBC. Rob Van Dam put up his championship against me...in a ladder match. A match in which both of us excelled in. And I'll admit...that was exteme. RVD put up the fight of his life. But it just wasn't enough to take me down. I went through hell saturday night, but I kept clawing, climbing higher and higher on that ladder, until I reached up, and took what was mine!”

[The crowd mainly boos, with a few small cheers mixed in.]

Edge: “And yet, you boo me? Me, the Rated R Superstar! I put my body in the line in that match, and you people have the balls to boo me? I should be your hero! Do you even realize what would've happened if it wasn't for me? Rob Van Dam would've kept that title...our title...over in ECW. He would have destroyed the legacy that I, and the people before me, nearly killed ourselves to build! I should be treated like a king, tonight! Everyone ought to be bowing to me, thanking me for being RAW's savior!”

[Edge looks pissed, as the crowd continues to boo.]

Edge: “That's right! That's what I am! I am the savior of this show, and of this company! And to demonstrate this, I've brought a little something here tonight in that bag Lita's carrying. Something to show that I am a new champion. Something to show that I respect this business! Something to show that my name will be written down on the list of all-time greats!”

[Edge lifts the spinner belt high in the air.]

Edge: “You see this? This is an example of the mockery that the WWE Championship has become! When John Cena won this title, he destroyed what it had become by turning it into a piece of filthy bling-bling! This time, I'm not going to be a transitional champion! This time, I am going to become one of the greatest WWE Champions of all time! And it starts with this!”

[Edge throws the spinner belt on the ground, and spits on it. He lifts his hands high, and Lita walks behind him. She opens the bag she was carrying, and takes out the old WWE Championship. She straps it around Edge's waist, as the crowd boos again.]

Edge: “You see this belt around my waist! This is the REAL WWE Championship! This isn't some piece of jewelry, this isn't something to hold your pants up. This is a championship! This belt is the very same that was worn by Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, and JBL! And now it's mine! The Rated R Superstar! Get used to seeing this picture...you're going to be seeing it for a damn...long...time!”

[Edge's music hits, and he picks up Cena's belt. He drags it along the ground as he makes his way to the back.]

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:

The Spirit Squad© vs Jose & Joel Maximo

Quick, energetic tag match to kick off RAW. The SAT were just here to job and get some money, and maybe get a look from management. Johnny and Kenny were once again working the match, with the others on the outside doing damage when the opponents came out. This was pretty much a squash to showcase the champions though, as the SAT just got beat the whole time. The match ended when Johnny hit his corkscrew kick, and Kenny hit the flying legdrop to pin Jose.

The Spirit Squad© def. The SAT via pinfall to retain the World Tag Team Championships. [*1/2]

Leaving Already?

[Edge and Lita are shown walking backstage, Edge smiling as he keeps looking at the WWE Title around his waist. They walk over to a limo, and Lita steps in...but Edge pauses.]

Edge: “Hold on a minute, there's something I've got to take care of...”

[Edge walks away from the limo and over to a trash can, where he smiles. He lifts Cena's old title, spins it once, and throws it into the can. He looks at his belt one more time, before walking to his limo. When the limo pulls away the camera pans back to the trash-can, where John Cena stands. He gets a decent pop as he reaches in and pulls out his championship, and stares down where the limo went in hatred.]

Break It Down!

[The camera goes to a door after the commercial, which reads “Mr. McMahon.” Shawn Michaels appears next to the door, and screams can be heard from within. He cautiously opens the door, only to find a wild party scene to greet him. Triple H is sitting on the couch with a beer in each hand, and women sitting on his thighs.]

Michaels: “What the...I was just gone to drain the man vein...when did they get here?”

[Triple H is about to explain himself, when McMahon himself walks into the room with a look of shock on his face. That soon turns to anger, as his face turns red.]

McMahon: “Dammit! What the hell is going on in here?”

Michaels: “Well Vince...it looks like a party to me.”

McMahon: “And why the hell is there a party in my office?”

Triple H: “Well Vince...when you're not allowed to wrestle, to do your job...you've got a lot of free time. We're Degeneration X. We do what we want, when we want, where we want. And you know what? We came in here to ask for something...but this just looked like too nice of a place not to have a party! I mean, look at this! You've got a nice leather couch here, a big high-definition t.v. Over there...it's a a nice little place you've got here.”

[Vince looks like he's ready to hit someone, as DX smirk.]

McMahon: “You came here to ask me something? What the hell do you want?”

Michaels: “We want you, Vince. You and your boy, against us.”

McMahon: “Are you kidding me? You think that I'm just going to...risk my life in a match! You think that I'm just going to lift your ban? Well think again! I'm Vince McMahon dammit, I'm the one calling the shots around here! Now get the hell out of my office!”

[Michaels and Triple H slowly leave, with the women that were by Triple H following behind them. When the exit the room, they close the door behind them, and look at eachother.]

Triple H: “I guess we're just going to keep having fun, then.”

[Triple H and Shawn Michaels smile as the show cuts to another break.]

2-ON-1 HANDICAP MATCH:

The Highlanders vs Umaga

Well...this certainly wasn't the best match. The Highlanders gave Umaga the most trouble that he's had so far. The 2-on-1 advantage really helped them out, as they were able to make quick tags and stay fresh, while just pounding on Umaga. It seemed to be working...slowly Umaga was losing it. However, just when it seemed that the Highlanders had the match won, Armando Alejandro Estrada entered the ring and bashed them both with a steel chair. He then ordered Umaga to attack the Highlanders..and he was ballistic, attacking then with the chair. He hit the Samoan Spike on both of them before leaving the ring.

The Highlanders def. Umaga via disqualification. [*1/4]

The Son of a Legend

[A video comes up on the screen. It shows clips of the British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith. It showcases his popularity with the British fans, and his wrestling ability as well. Finally, the clip ends, and a young man appears on the screen. A voice over is heard...]

Voice: “Next week...the son of a legend begins his own legacy.”

[The words “The British Bulldog: Davey Boy Smith” come up, and are replaced by “The New British Bulldog...” it fades, then new words come across the screen “Harry Smith.”]

[The camera quickly moves to a room, where Randy Orton stands, stroking his chin. He smirks as he looks at the words on the screen.]

Orton: “The son of a legend, eh? We'll see about that.”

[Orton continues to look arrogant, as RAW goes to a break.]

A Legend Gets Extreme

[Ric Flair's music plays, and he struts out to the ring to a huge pop. He smiles as he grabs a microphone.]

Flair: “Mick Foley! Get your ass down here now!”

[Mick Foley's music hits, and he slowly comes down to the ring with a bandage over his forehead.]

Flair: “Foley! What the hell gave you the bright idea to come right into my home? What gave you the idea to invade the Nature Boy's privacy?”

Foley: “It's simple, Ric. I'd been waiting here on RAW for you to show your face for weeks! The days went by...and I still didn't hear a word from Ric Flair! I may have beaten your ass at Vengeance Ric, but I never intended that to be the end of this war. And you, the coward that you've always been, stayed home. You just watched it all happen. You watched me rip on you, and you just sat at home. You know what, Ric? That drove me nuts! I had to do something, for me, and for all of these fans, right here in San Antonio, Texas!”

[Foley gets a cheap pop, as Ric Flair looks on.]

Flair: “You want to know what I was doing, Mick? I was healing up from the cheapshot that I received from your hands at Vengeance! And I was planning, Foley. I was planning on a way to come back here, and kick your ass! WOOO! And please, you call me a coward? You're the one who chickened out at Vengeance! I was beating you, and you knew that you couldn't win! So you grabbed a weapon, just as I said you would! I said that you needed props for you damn stunts, and I was right!”

[Flair pauses, as Foley stares at him.]

Flair: “So I came up with a little solution. You see Mick Foley, we've got a little event coming up on August 13th, a little event called SummerSlam. One of the biggest events of the year! And I thought long and hard about that show, Mick. Until I came up with a solution that benefits both you and me. You want to hear what it is? [Foley nods.] I've come up with something that I call an Extreme Steel Cage match. I've got this vision, Mick. A 20-foot high steel cage, with barbed wire lining the top! No escape! And the cage inside will be filled with weapons of every kind! Thumbtacks, chairs, whatever you can imagine. So what do you say, Mick? You and me, SummerSlam, Extreme Cage match!”

[Foley takes some time to consider, as the crowd cheers.]

Foley: “You know what, Ric? I accept!”

[Foley lashes out at Flair, and the two start going at it in the ring. Before any serious damage can be done though, Foley clotheslines Flair out of the ring. Flair goes absolutely nuts on the outside, throwing his jacket in classic fashion, as Foley smiles and the show goes to a break.]

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Carlito© vs Charlie Haas

Very good match, with both men showing their respect for one another. Carlito was a bit quicker here, while Haas tried to control the war on the mat. To Carlito's credit, he held up pretty well, but Haas's amateur experience just gave him too big of an edge. After escaping the ring to catch his breath, Carlito came in and started to use his high-flying offense more. Haas tried to adapt, but the Champion just had too much. He escaped from a german suplex and hit the back-cracker to score the pinfall! The two men shook hands after the match, but when Haas exited the ring Shelton Benjamin ran in, and hit Carlito with the T-Bone Suplex! Benjamin stared down Carlito as RAW went to a break.

Carlito© def. Charlie Haas via pinfall to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship. [***]

The Bitch is Here!

[Trish Stratus is shown walking in the back, only to have her bump into Melina and Johnny Nitro!]

Trish: “What do you want, Melina?”

Melina: “First off Trish, I'd like to welcome you back. I know that your injury must have been hard on you. And secondly...I'd just like to ask you to move over.”

Trish: “What?”

Melina: “Move over, because there's a new face of women's wrestling here on RAW, and you're looking at her. Now if you'll excuse us, I've managed to get Mr. McMahon to give Johnny a match with a former WWE Champion.”

[Melina & Nitro walk off, both of them looking quite smug as Trish looks surprised.]

SINGLES MATCH:

John Cena vs Johnny Nitro

Nitro showed some promise here, working with Cena to a pretty decent match. Although Cena dominated the majority of the match, Melina helped Nitro get some spots in on the former WWE Champion. Their styles may not have meshed too well, but it worked. Cena tried mainly to over-power Nitro with his brawling, while Nitro used his speed, as well as Melina's distractions. Cena just ended up being too much in the end though, as he rolled out of the way when Nitro tried his Standing SSP, and hit a clothesline. After hitting a fisherman's suplex, he did the five knuckle shuffle, and then the F-U. Cena then quickly locked Nitro in the STFU, and despite Melina's screaming, the move was too much and Nitro tapped out. After the match, Cena grabbed a microphone.

John Cena def. Johnny Nitro via submission. [**1/2]

The Challenge

[Cena grabs a microphone, and begins to speak.]

Cena: “Edge! Listen, man. I know that you think you're the big man because you beat Rob Van Dam. And I'll admit...that's pretty impressive. You did something that I could not do, and that's beat RVD at his own game. So hats off to you, bro.”

[The crowd gives a very mixed reaction.]

Cena: “And you know what? I can even understand you wanting to go back to the old Championship. This belt right here symbolizes everything that I stand for, and you know what? A lot of people don't like that. But when you spit on this, and threw it in the trash? That's not cool, man. By doing that, you disrespected me. And Edge...you've seen it before. When I get pissed off, I turn into a whole different person.”

[The crowd gives Cena a few cheers.]

Cena: “So tonight I've here to lay down a little challenge. I won a match at Saturday Night's Main Event too, you see. I won something called a number one contender's match. That match gave me a gauranteed WWE Title match any time that I want! I thought about when I should get my match, and I decided to pull a page out of RVD's playbook. Sunday, August 13th. SummerSlam. Live, from Boston, Massachusetts. That's right in my backyard, dawg! I can't think of a better place! Edge, at SummerSlam, I'll have the homefield advantage. And I promsise you, and all of the chain gang, that there's going to be a huge party in Boston after I take back what's mine! Word Life!”

[Cena's music plays as he salutes the fans in the ring to close RAW.]

Quick Match Results

The Spirit Squad© def. The SAT

The Highlanders def. Umaga

Carlito© def. Charlie Haas

John Cena def. Johnny Nitro

Guest Gavin

Great show. I love your promo's, you do them so well.

Harry Smith coming to RAW will be great. Randy will kick his ass though :P

Cena V Edge was always going to happen at Summerslam. The extreme cage match is something I would love to watch.

Keep up the great work!

WWE News and Notes - July 24th, 2006

-Of course, the big news this week comes from the Great American Bash Pay Per View. Rey Mysterio's underdog title-run was ended last night, as King Booker defeated him to finally win a World Championship in WWE, as Chavo Guerrero shockingly turned on Mysterio. Plans right now feature Chavo facing Mysterio at SummerSlam. Here is a full set of results from the show...

-King Booker def. Rey Mysterio© with help from Chavo Guerrero.

-Batista def. Mark Henry for the #1 Contendership.

-The Great Khali def. The Undertaker, but the Undertaker was saved by Kane after the match.

-Bobby Lashley def. Finlay© & William Regal by pinning Regal.

-London & Kendrick© def. The Pitbulls to retain.

-Mister Kennedy def. Matt Hardy

-Michelle McCool def. Ashley, Jillian, & Kristal.

-Gregory Helms© def. Psicosis with help from Super Crazy.

-The show recieved good reviews, with almost everyone agreeing that it was the best version of the PPV that WWE has put on so far.

-By pinning Mark Henry, Batista earned himself a title shot against King Booker at SummerSlam. The feud is expected to partially play off of the real-life heat between the two at the SummerSlam promotional taping.

-In ratings news, RAW ended up with a 4.2 rating this week, proving that Edge does equal ratings. ECW got a 2.4, and Smackdown! scored a 2.8 heading into the Great American Bash.

-Paul Heyman addressed the crowd at the ECW show on Tuesday, and he confirmed that ECW would no longer be appearing on RAW unless invited. In the main event of the show, Rob Van Dam retained the ECW Championship over the Big Show in an Extreme Rules match.

-Despite Edge throwing John Cena's title belt in the trash on Monday, the "Spinner Belt" is still being sold at merchandise stands, as it is the top-selling replica title belt.

-Harry Smith is now officially part of the RAW roster. He will be making his debut tonight on RAW. As shown last week, it is expected that his first major feud will be with none other than Randy Orton. Staff are hoping that the fans react well to Smith, and believe that he could be a big draw in the U.K. and also in Canada.

-The following matches took place on HeAT: Murdoch & Cade def. Viscera & Venis...Rob Conway def. Gene Snitsky...Matt Striker def. Johnny Parisi...Shelton Benjamin def. Deuce Shade.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – JULY 24th, 2006

A Hardcore Challenge

[“Woooo!” Ric Flair's music plays, and he comes down to the ring. Lilian hands him a microphone.]

Flair: “As some of you may know, I've got a match at SummerSlam against Mick Foley! And this isn't just going to be any normal match, no. It's going to be a steel cage match! But it's not going to be a normal cage match, either! This is going to be an extreme cage match! There's going to be barbed-wire around the top, there's going to be weapons in the ring, and most of all...there's going to be blood! Woooo!”

[Flair struts around the ring as the fans cheer.]

Flair: “Some people out there probably think that I'm crazy. Being as old as I am and still doing these hardcore matches? Well, maybe I am crazy. But I'm not crazy for wrestling a hardcore match! Oh no! I'm crazy for being Ric Flair! The wheelin' dealin', kiss stealin', jet flyin', limosine ridin' son of a gun! Thirty years later, I'm still the man! Woooo!”

[Flair is quickly interrupted by Mick Foley's music, as Foley comes out to the ramp with a microphone as well.]

Foley: “You actually think that you can beat me, the hardcore legend himself...in a match that clearly favors me? Are you insane, Ric?”

Flair: “I can beat you, Foley. I can beat Sabu. I can beat Terry Funk. I can beat any damn hardcore legend that you actually believes exists!”

[Flair suddenly turns around, only to be speared by Edge! The WWE Champion raises his belt in the air, posing over Flair.]

Foley: “You can, huh, Ric? Well how about this...tonight...right here, in Cleveland, Ohio...you go one-on-one with my friend, the man who beat me in a hardcore match at WrestleMania...the WWE Champion, Edge! Let's see how hardcore you really are, Ric! Have a nice day!”

[Edge walks up the ramp near his ally, Foley, as Flair slowly recovers in the ring and nods his head to accept the offer.]

TAG TEAM MATCH:

The Highlanders vs The Riggs Brothers

The Riggs Brothers (Jason and Johnny) got a one-time offer for this match here. They're a good team, but this was just pretty much a Highlanders squash. They took control of the match from the beginning, just pounding the Riggs with their power-offense and double-team moves. After around four minutes, Jason was knocked from the ring, and the McAllisters hit Johnny with the Scot-Drop for the win, to remain undefeated on RAW.

The Highlanders def. The Riggs Brothers via pinfall. [3/4*]

A Suspicious Situation

[Vince McMahon is shown walking backstage, scowling at the backstage staff. He finally comes to his room, where he cautiously opens the door. When he does, he sees Shane sitting in his chair.]

Vince: “Heh...it's only you, Shane. I thought that...that dammed DX would be here with another one of their pranks or parties!”

Shane: “Nah, they haven't been seen all night. I don't think that they're even here, yet.”

Vince: “Hm...well, be prepared, Shane. You never know what the hell those two are going to try and pull off!”

[shane nods as Vince nervously sits down next to him, as the show goes to a break.]

A Superstar Debuts

[The old music of the “British Bulldog,” Davey Boy Smith plays. After a few seconds, it transitions into a newer theme song. A tall young man walks out wearing blue and red trunks to a small pop. He enters the ring and grabs a microphone.]

Smith: “My name...is Harry Smith. The new British Bulldog! I'm the son of Davey Boy. I'm the nephew of Bret Hart! And I am going to carry on the legacy that they built!”

[The crowd gives Smith some cheers.]

Smith: “But I'm not going to just carry on their legacy. I'm going to build upon it, by becoming the greatest wrestler of all-time! I've worked for years, training myself, waiting for this moment. And one day all of my hard work, all of my dedication will pay off, when I do the one thing that my father could never do...win the WWE Championship!”

[smith gets another small pop as his opponent, Lance Cade, comes down to the ring.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Harry Smith vs Lance Cade

Smith dominated this match from start to finish, looking quite good in his debut. Cade tried to attack him at the beginning, but Smith had a counter for everything. He used a mixture of power moves and straight-up technical wrestling, just like his father. After wearing down Cade with some submissions and chops, Smith hit a german suplex. Smith then picked up Cade and hit the Running Powerslam to pick up the win. However, when he raised his arms in victory after the match, Randy Orton ran in and tried to RKO Smith, only to have Smith shove him out of the ring! Orton stared down Smith as he went up the ramp.

Harry Smith def. Lance Cade via pinfall. [*1/4]

That's Not Cool!

[Maria is in the back, with the Intercontinental Champion, Carlito.]

Maria: “I'm here with the Intercontinental Champion, Carlito! Carlito, last week after your match with Charlie Haas, you were attacked by Shelton Benjamin! What's going on?”

Carlito: “What's going on? Well Maria, Carlito knows exactly what's going on. Shelton Benjamin is jealous of Carlito. He's jealous that he's not the Intercontinental Champion. He's jealous that nobody likes him anymore. He's jealous that people are saying that I'm going to be the future champion, while everyone forgets about him. I mean, just look at him! He even copied Carlito's shirt! That's not cool!”

Maria: “But maybe he just admires you?”

Carlito: “Admire me? He should, Maria. Everybody should admire Carlito. But he doesn't. Listen, Shelton Benjamin...I've got an idea. You want this Intercontinental Championship so bad? Next week, I'll give you a chance. Next week...live on RAW...you're going to wrestle a match against your farmer partner...Charlie Haas! And if you beat him, 'Mister Benjamin'...then you'll have a shot at my title. And that...that's cool.”

[Carlito takes a bite out of his apple, and he leaves Maria standing there smiling.]

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:

Mickie James© vs Trish Stratus

Good women's match, as we've come to expect from these two. They went all-out here, giving it everything that they had. The match went back and forth, with both women dictating the match at different points of time. The Champion seemed to have the upper-hand in the final minutes, but as she went for a DDT, Trish blocked it an hit a chick-kick! She was about to go for the Stratusfaction, but she was suddenly struck from behind by Melina! The referee quickly rang the bell, and Melina started stomping on Trish, only to be hit from behind by Mickie James! Melina fell out of the ring, as Mickie and Trish looked at eachother awkwardly. Melina screamed as the camera went to the back.

Trish Stratus def. Mickie James© via disqualification. [**1/4]

D-X Strikes Again

[The Coach abruptly bursts into the office of the McMahon's, a look of shock on his face.]

Coach: “Mister McMahon...oh my God...hurry! They're here!”

Vince: “They're here? DX is here? Where the hell are they?”

Coach: “Well sir, they're um...well...just come outside! Quick!”

[Vince runs outside the office, and the Coach and the McMahons run through the halls, until they come outside. When they get there, they see Degeneration X...in a tank! Triple H and Shawn Michaels smile and wave at the trio.]

Vince: “What the...what are you two doing?”

Triple H: “It's good to see ya, Vince. We were just getting ready to do some target practice!”

Vince: “What...target practice? What do you mean?”

[Vince stops talking, as the tank rotates and points towards a limo. His eyes widen and his face turns red, as he looks back at the tank.]

Vince: “Stop it! Stop it right now! Don't you dare fire that thing!”

[Triple H points to his ear, as if he can't hear McMahon.]

Vince: “I said don't-”

Michaels: “Fire in the hole!”

[The sound of an explosion is heard, and the camera moves to show that the limo is up in flames. Vince falls down on the ground, as he looks on in shock. Degeneration X slap eachother's hands and laugh. The last shot the camera gets is of Vince being helped up by Shane and the Coach, looking at DX in anger.]

And We Are...The Spirit Squad!

[Maria is backstage with the World Tag Team Champions...The Spirit Squad! Kenny and Johnny have the belts on their shoulders.]

Maria: “Um...you guys asked for this interview?”

Kenny: “You're damn right we did, Maria. Listen, there's this new tag team coming up on RAW, called the Highlanders. And so far, they're undefeated. People are already saying that they're going to be the next champions. Well you know what? We don't think so. We're the best tag team here on RAW, and nobody, and I mean nobody, is going to take these belts from us. Because we are-”

[The other members cut in.]

Spirit Squad: “The Spirit Squad!”

[The Spirit Squad jump up and down in the back, as Maria just smiles at them all.]

NON-TITLE SIX MAN TAG MATCH:

The Spirit Squad© vs Eugene, Snitsky & Duggan

Mitch, Nicky, and Mikey were wrestling for the Squad tonight, as Kenny & Johnny wrestled last week. This was actually pretty competitive, with some funny interactions between the Squad and the odd trio of Eugene, Snitsky, and Jim Duggan. Duggan and Snitsky kind-of slowed the match down, though. The Squad cheated constantly, with Johnny & Kenny running in when they needed to. In the end Duggan was staggering after a dropkick from Mikey, and Nicky hit a bulldog off of a trampoline on the outside to pick up the win. All of the Squad beat-down their three opponents after the match.

The Spirit Squad© def. Eugene, Snitsky, & Jim Duggan via pinfall. [*1/2]

The Samoan Bulldozer

[When RAW comes back, Armando Alejandro Estrada is standing in the ring, with Umaga behind.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escucha! Everybody listen, haha, to me! In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Esssssttrrrrrrrrrrrrada! Haha!”

[The crowd sings along with Armando as he announces his name.]

Estrada: “And this man, standing next to me, es the unbeaten Samoan Bulldozer...Uuuuumaga! We have been here for months, and still, no one has stood up to us. So we are...haha...issuing a challenge. To anyone. If ju wrestle anywhere...RAW, ECW...Smackdown!...or even somepleace else...and are stupid enough to come down to this ring, enter the Samoan Open next week. Buen suerte senores...ju will need it!”

[umaga's music plays as Armando smiles, and the two leave the ring.]

Reinforcements

[Ric Flair is shown backstage, getting ready for his hardcore match with the WWE Champion, Edge. He is suddenly interrupted by a knock at his door, and it walks John Cena! Before Flair can say anything, Cena starts to speak.]

Cena: “Listen, I know that you aren't going to want any help tonight. You're going out there to prove a point, that you can hang with the best in any type of match that there is. And you know what, man? I think you can. I really think you can. But the thing is...it's not just going to be you against Edge. He's tough enough as it is, you saw it back when you wrestled him in that TLC match in January. But Foley...he'll be out there too. And when it's no holds barred, no DQ's...he won't hesitate to run in and kick your ass if he gets the chance!”

Flair: “What are you saying, boy?”

Cena: “Look...I'm just here to offer you some help. You can take it, or you can leave it.”

[Flair looks up at Cena, and seems to be contemplating the offer. However, he finishes tying up his boot, and stands up, walking past Cena.]

Flair: “Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'll need it tonight. Woooo!”

[Flair leaves, and the camera shows Cena alone in the room.]

Cena: “Well that's just too, bad, Ric. Because I KNOW that you're going to need it, and I'm going to be there when you do.”

NON-TITLE HARDCORE MATCH:

Edge© w/Mick Foley & Lita vs Ric Flair

Edge and Flair have great chemistry together, as they put on another great main event here tonight. All kinds of weapons were used, from chairs to chains, from tables to trash cans. As expected from Flair in a match like this, ther was a ton of blood, as he was busted open just minutes in. He put up a hell of a fight, despite getting beaten by Edge throughout. He took shot after shot from weapons, and fought off interference from Foley and Lita. Things got even more extreme as time passed, as Edge brought out Barbie. After hitting Flair in the face with it, Foley tossed in a bag to Edge. Edge opened it, and hundreds of thumbtacks fell to the ground. Foley got into the ring, and held Flair up...as Edge Speared him onto the tacks! Flair's upper-back was covered, and Edge arrogantly pinned him to pick up the win. He wasn't done yet, though. Foley went to the outside and set up a table. He brought it in, and set it up...the started to pour gasoline on it! Lita handed Edge a lighter, and he was about to set the table aflame, when John Cena's music hit, and he ran out for the save! He brawled with Edge and Foley, sending them out of the ring! Edge retreated up the ramp with Foley and Lita to close the show, holding his WWE Title high, as Cena checked on a bloody Ric Flair.

Edge© def. Ric Flair via pinfall. [***1/4]

Quick Match Results

The Highlanders def. The Riggs Brothers

Harry Smith def. Lance Cade

Trish Stratus def. Mickie James©

The Spirit Squad© def. Eugene, Snitsky, & Duggan

Edge© def. Ric Flair

WWE News and Notes - July 31st, 2006

-Many backstage were surprised at the bumps that Ric Flair took in his hardcore match with Edge on RAW last week. Flair going into the thumbtacks is a sign to many that he is willing to go all-out in the "Extreme Cage Match" with Mick Foley at SummerSlam.

-ECW tried to out-do RAW's extreme main event, as Rob Van Dam successfully defended the ECW World Heavyweight Championship against Tommy Dreamer. The two shook hands after the match, as Dreamer was blind-sided by Test and the Big Show. RVD & Dreamer vs Big Show & Test is confirmed for Tuesday's tapings.

-Harry Smith finally made his debut on RAW, and officials were pleased with his performance. He is said to be excited to be working with Randy Orton already in a high-profile feud. WWE is hoping that the fans warm up to Smith in the coming weeks, as they get to know him in and out of the ring.

-Smackdown! had some bad news this week, as Mark Henry injured himself in a match on a house show. He is expected to miss up to 8 months.

-The original plan was for Kane and the Undertaker, the Brothers of Destruction, to reunite at SummerSlam to take on the Great Khali and Henry. However, those plans have been scrapped, with Henry likely being filled in with Daivari himself.

-In ratings news, RAW ended up with a 4.1 rating this week, which is a solid number. ECW got a 2.5, and Smackdown! scored a fairly high 2.9 coming off of the Great American Bash.

-Rey Mysterio addressed Chavo Guerrero, who turned on him at the Great American Bash, on Smackdown! this Friday. Guerrero did not explain his actions, he only cheap-shotted Rey and challenged him to a match at SummerSlam.

-Chris Benoit is expected to return to the Smackdown! brand in August. He took some time off a while back to heal nagging injuries and to be with his family. He is expected to return after SummerSlam, and with the roster the way it is, he'll likely recieve a big push.

-Despite rumors circulating that the Spirit Squad will be broken up soon, there are no plans for the group to be broken in the near-future. Many view the Spirit Squad gimmick as a test for the young stars, to see who may be future main-event material.

-Umaga's "Samoan Open" is expected to feature superstars from RAW, Smackdown!, ECW, and of course...local jobbers.

-Congratulations to Stephanie McMahon and "Triple H," who had their first child was brought into the world this week.

-The following matches took place on HeAT: Murdoch & Cade def. Viscera & Venis...Victoria def. Torrie Wilson...Conway & Striker def. the Riggs Brothers...Shelton Benjamin def. Johnny Parisi.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – JULY 31st, 2006

A Legend Challenged

[John Cena's theme music immediately hits, and he makes his way down to the ring to some cheers (and boos). He gets in the ring, poses, and grabs a microphone.]

Cena: “I aint got much time tonight, so let's get straight down to business. Mick Foley, what you and Edge did to Ric Flair in the ring last week was downright disgusting. I've got three things that I believe in. I believe in hustle. I believe in loyalty. And I believe in respect! Last week, you two showed absolutely no respect to Ric Flair! I understand that it was a hardcore match, but something like that should be one-on-one, man to man. And even after Edge had the damn match won, you two still went after him! You tried to put him through a damn flaming table! He already gave it his all, and you continued to disrespect him!”

[Foley's music suddenly plays and he makes his way down to the ring to boos from the crowd. He has a smirk on his face.]

Foley: “Woah there, Johnny-boy. You think that what we did last week was...disrespectful to Ric Flair? You think that Edge and I don't respect this business? Who's the one who turned the WWE Championship into a piece of bling-bling?”

[The crowd gives this a mixed reaction.]

Cena: “Listen here, Foley. I came down here tonight for one reason, and that's to challenge you to a match. Not to get into some...some debate with you, or to argue. I came down here to ask you to fight me in the main event. What d'ya say?”

Foley: “You want to wrestle me, Mick Foley, in a match...right here, in East Rutherford, New Jersey? [cheap pop.] Let me guess...you just want some revenge for what we did to Flair last week, don't you? [Cena nods.] Well I've got an answer for you, Cena...You're On!”

[Foley does the “bang-bang” taunt as Cena smiles in the ring. Foley leaves as the show goes to a break.]

FORMER PARTNERS COLLIDE:

Shelton Benjamin vs Charlie Haas

The former members of the self-proclaimed “World's Greatest Tag Team” locked up in this one, and just stole the show. They went back and forth, with both men clearly knowing exactly what their opponent was going to do. The two battled on the mat for quite some time, showing off their amateur backgrounds with an impressive chain-wrestling sequence. After the two spent a full thirteen minutes battling, Haas went for a German Suplex. Benjamin flipped over Haas's head to escape, and hit a quick T-Bone Suplex for the win. He celebrated after the match, staring down the man he would meet at SummerSlam, Carlito, who was on guest commentary.

Shelton Benjamin def. Charlie Haas via pinfall. [***1/2]

The Samoan Open

[When RAW returns, Armando Alejandro Estrada is in the ring.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! Last week, my client and I made an open challenge to anyone to face us this week. So let's get see who dis man is!”

[There is a pause, until the music of RAW's own Gene Snitsky plays. He comes down to the ring, as Armando stares at him and laughs.]

Estrada: “This is it, this is all that RAW has to offer? No problem for us...but big problem for you, Snitsky. For here is your opponent...Uuuuuuumaga!”

[umaga's music hits, and he makes his way to the ring, ready for the match.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga w/Estrada vs Snitsky

Despite Snitsky's size, this was just another squash match for Umaga. Snitsky really didn't seem to have a chance here. After Snitsky threw everything he had at Umaga in the opening minute only to have it shrugged off, the fans knew that it was over. Snitsky went for a desperation big-boot, only to have Umaga throw him to the mat. After hitting him with a splash and some stiff chops, Umaga hit the Samoan Spike and covered Snitsky, picking up a dominant win in the first Samoan Open Match.

Umaga def. Snitsky via pinfall. [1/2*]

The Greatest Diva

[Maria is backstage, and standing next to her are Johnny Nitro and Melina. Before Maria can even say anything Melina cuts her off.]

Melina: “Shut up, Maria. I'm here right now to do one thing, and that's to make an announcement? Do you want to know what that is?”

[Maria nods.]

Melina: “That announcement is that I...Melina...am the greatest Diva here on RAW. I'm the smartest, the sexiest, and the most talented. There's nobody hotter than me, and as you're going to see next, there's nobody that can beat me in the ring. Mickie James, Trish Stratus, I don't care. I'm going to become the next WWE Women's Champion, and there's nobody that can stop me. Come on, Johnny.”

[Melina tugs on Nitro's coat, and the two leave Maria standing there.]

NON-TITLE MATCH:

Mickie James© vs Melina

Melina looked very good in her in-ring debut on RAW, taking the Women's Champion to her limits. She ended up cheating quite a bit to give her an edge, which allowed Mickie to play more of a face role. The two wrestled pretty fluidly and quickly, and they seemed to mesh pretty well. Mickie seemed to have the match won late in the contest, as she went for a DDT, only to have Melina block it and catch her with a roll-up. Melina grabbed onto the ropes for leverage, and won the match! Mickie and Melina started to brawl after the match, until Trish Stratus ran in and seperated them both, throwing Melina over the top. She stared down Melina, as she checked on Mickie James.

Melina def. Mickie James© via pinfall. [**]

The Rated R Champion

[Edge and Lita are now backstage, again with Maria. Edge is smiling as he looks at the WWE Championship over his shoulder.]

Maria: “I'm standing here with the Rated R Superstar, Edge! Edge-”

[Edge immediately cuts Maria off.]

Edge: “That's it? The Rated R Superstar, Edge? Are you blind, Maria. Do you see what I've got on my shoulder?”

Maria: “Yeah, that's the WWE Championship...”

Edge: “Then why the hell didn't you introduce me as the WWE Champion? I'm the greatest, most-watched WWE Champion of all-time!”

Maria: “Gee, I'm sorry...”

Edge: “Just shut up! I'm not here to talk about you anyway. I'm here to talk about John Cena. Cena, you must think that you're really special, challenging Mick Foley and all. Respect? What kind of crap is that? You can talk all you want about what I do, but nobody respects you, Cena. You can't wrestle! And you know what? Everybody's not just going to see it tonight, when you get your ass kicked by the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley. They're going to see it again at SummerSlam, when I pin you 1-2-3 in your backyard! Just give up, Cena. Because I'm the Rated R Superstar, and neither you nor anybody else has what it takes to beat me for MY WWE Championship. Word. Life.”

[Edge smirks at his mockery of Cena, and he leaves the area with Lita on his arm.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Harry Smith vs Trevor Murdoch

Trevor Murdoch was trying to get some revenge on the man who defeated his tag team partner, Lance Cade, last week. The son of the British Bulldog was too much though, as he had a counter to every hold that Murdoch tried to put on him. He really looked like he was a member of the legendary Hart Family. Murdoch went for a powerslam late in the match, but Smith slid right off of his shoulders and drilled Murdoch with a german suplex. He then placed Murdoch on his shoulder and hit a stiff Running Powerslam, before covering him for the win. His celebratation was short-lived however, as his music was cut off by the “Legend Killer,” Randy Orton's!

Harry Smith def. Trevor Murdoch via pinfall. [*1/4]

A Challenge for SummerSlam

[smith puts his hands on the ropes as he faces Orton, who stands on the ramp in street-clothes. He smirks at Smith.]

Orton: “Harry Smith...Son of Davey Boy, eh? I've gotta admit man, you surprised me last week. I thought that I could kill the legend of not only your father, but of the Hart Family as well. But you were expecting me. That's different, Harry. There aren't many people who can stand up to me like that. But you're different, I guess. You aren't a legend yet. You come from a legendary family, just like me. And more importantly...we're both considered to be stars of the next generation.”

[Orton pauses, as Smith stares at him.]

Orton: “So what I'm saying, Smith...is how about you against me, at SummerSlam? You can call it Legend versus Legend Killer, you can call it Battle of the Next Generation, you can call it whatever you want. But you and me, one-on-one. How about it?”

Smith: “You know what, Orton? I'll be glad to defend the legacy that my family has left me. SummerSlam? You're on!”

[Orton smirks as his music plays, and he poses as the show goes to a break.]

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:

Spirit Squad© vs Viscera & Venis

This time Kenny and Mikey, the men who originally won the belts for the team, were competing for the Squad. The Squad struggled against the size of Viscera, and Venis's veteran knowledge proved to be a great asset to him, as he out-smarted the Squad. The Spirit Squad used their numbers advantage to ultimately win the match though, as Johnny, Mitch, and Nicky beat on Viscera on the outside as Kenny hit a guillotine legdrop on Venis to score the pinfall victory.

The Spirit Squad© def. Viscera & Venis via pinfall to retain the World Tag Team Championships. [*1/2]

Enough Is Enough!

[“No Chance In Hell” hits, and Vince & Shane McMahon come down, carrying steel chairs. A long trail of security guards follow them, and surround the ring.]

Vince: “Dammit! Degeneration X...last week you two went too far! Never, out of all of my years here in WWE, did I think that I'd see something so...so outrageous! You two drove a damn tank right outside the arena, and blew up my private limo! You don't do that to Vince McMahon, you little bastards! I call the shots around here! Triple H, Shawn Michaels...get your asses down here right now!”

[The DX theme hits, and the two men make their way down to the ring, dressed as soliders (complete with helmets and face-paint.) The McMahons look furious.]

Shane: “Will you two ever grow the hell up?”

[DX shrugs, as the crowd laughs.]

Vince: “Listen, I've had enough of all this crap. I know why you two are doing all of this, and I know exactly what you two want. And you know what? I'm going to give it to you.”

Michaels: “You...you will?”

Vince: “You're damn right I will!”

Triple H: “I'm not really sure that it's appropriate for T.V...”

Vince: “Of course not! It'll be on Pay Per View!”

[Triple H looks at McMahon strangely, then he goes over and whispers something in his ear. Vince looks shocked when HHH is done, and his face is soon red with anger.]

Vince: “Dammit....how dare you talk about things like that to me! Are you two really that stupid? I'm not giving you know...oh, nevermind...I'm giving you what you want! And that's a match with my son Shane and I, at SummerSlam! And this isn't going to be any normal match, oh no. This is going to be no holds barred, no disqualifications! It's going to be Degeneration X versus the McMahons...in a Street Fight!”

[The crowd pops at the announcement, as Triple H & Shawn Michaels smile.]

Michaels: “You know what, Vince? We've got two words for ya!”

Vince: “No, Shawn. I've got two words for you. Get them!”

[Vince's personal security guards rush the ring, attacking DX from behind. DX tries to fight back, but the numbers are too many, and they go down. The security guards, clearly hired mercenaries by McMahon, hold up DX. Vince and Shane smile and mockingly do a crotch-chop, before drilling DX in the face with their chairs! DX goes down as Vince and Shane parade around the ring, finally having gotten the best of Degeneration X!]

A Matter of Respect

[John Cena is warming up backstage, when a knock comes at his door. Ric Flair walks in, as the crowd cheers. Flair looks Cena right in the eye as he walks up to him.]

Flair: “You know Cena, it took a lot of guts to do what you did last week. I was getting my ass kicked, and you came down to save me, even though I told you not to. I like that, kid. Do whatever you want, whatever way you want to do it, no matter what everyone else says! Wooo!”

[Cena smiles, as Flair shakes his hand.]

Flair: “And dammit man...I've got your back tonight, just how last week you had mine.”

[The segment ends with the two men leaving the room together, ready for the match.]

SINGLES MATCH:

John Cena vs Mick Foley

The crowd was absolutely electric as Cena and Foley faced off in the middle of the ring. Edge and Lita were in Foley's corner, Ric Flair in Cena's. The two started fighting right as the bell rang, just beating the crap out of eachother. Both men seemed quite surprised by their opponent's assault, and they were pretty evenly matched. Interference from Lita and Edge helped Foley gain a slight advantage after a while, but Cena soon started to make his typical come-back. After hitting the Five Knuckle Shuffle, Cena taunted for the crowd and went to lift Foley up into the F-U. He threw Foley down to the mat, but when he got up, he was met with a Spear from Edge! The referee called for the bell, as Edge stood tall! He had forgotten about Ric Flair however, and Flair snuck up behind Edge and hit a low-blow! Edge rolled out of the ring in pain, and Flair helped Cena to his feet, as the two men celebrated to end the show.

John Cena def. Mick Foley via disqualification. [**1/4]

Quick Match Results

Shelton Benjamin def. Charlie Haas

Umaga def. Snitsky

Melina def. Mickie James©

Harry Smith def. Trevor Murdoch

The Spirit Squad© def. Viscera & Venis

John Cena def. Mick Foley

Edited by Thatz

WWE News and Notes - August 7th, 2006

-SummerSlam this Sunday is being promoted as a huge, can't-miss event. The feeling is that it will almost be "WrestleMania-like," with all of the big matches announced. The card has been finalized, with nine matches on the card. RAW has five matches, Smackdown! has four.

-The original plan was to feature ECW matches on the card, but they were cut due to time constraints. WWE officials are working hard to get ECW at least one two-hour special on SCI-FI, as the brand's next PPV event is not until early December. ECW is expected to have several PPV events in 2007, likely at least 4.

-Two more matches were announced at Tuesday's Smackdown! tapings, bringing the full card for SummerSlam up to nine matches. The first match announced was Lashley defending his United States Championship against Mister Kennedy. The second announced as the Brothers of Destruction teaming up once again to take on the Great Khali and Daivari.

-With rumors circulating of Khali being gone from the company after SummerSlam, and with his former client Mark Henry being injured for 8 months, Daivari's future does not look bright. It is likely that his feud with the Undertaker will be done after SummerSlam, and that he will take some time off before redebuting later in the year with a new client.

-Officials backstage have been impressed with what Charlie Haas has been bringing into the ring lately, yet are hesitant to push him due to him not getting big reactions. Many believe that a solution would be to bring in someone to team with him, to add to the weak tag division.

-In ratings news, RAW ended up with a 4.1 rating this week, same as last week. ECW got a 2.4 with a main event of Rob Van Dam & Tommy Dreamer defeating Big Show & Test. Smackdown! scored a respectable 2.9, highlighted by Rey Mysterio losing to Booker T. in a Great American Bash rematch.

-The Spirit Squad is expected to recieve a more serious push in the future, and be looked at as more of a threat to anyone, as opposed to cartoony cheerleaders.

-Although Lance Storm was contacted recently to return to ECW, it is not likely that he will get back to the ring anytime soon. He hasn't ruled out returning completely, however.

-It seems very possible that a new RAW General Manager will be brought in in the near-future, once the McMahon/DX storyline is finished off.

-Val Venis suffered a thumb injury on RAW last week, but it was not serious and he will not miss any ring-time.

-The following matches took place on HeAT: The Highlanders def. Striker & Conway...Eugene def. Johnny Parisi...Carlito def. Ace Steel...Johnny Nitro def. Rene Dupree.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – AUGUST 7th, 2006

Payback's A Bitch

[“No Chance In Hell” hits, and Shane and Vince McMahon come down to the ring to kick-off RAW. Security guards follow them, and enter the ring with the McMahon's.]

Vince: “Last week here on RAW, my son Shane and I finally...finally got the upper-hand on Degeneration X! [boos.] What, you don't think that's funny? I think that it's hilarious!”

[The crowd boos as Vince and Shane smirk.]

Vince: “I mean, look at DX. They pride themselves on always doing what they want, and always getting away with it. But what happened last week? The authority finally caught up with them! All of the jokes, all of the pranks...they ended last week when Shane and I destroyed Degeneration X!”

Shane: “And that's exactly what's going to happen at SummerSlam, dad. Because this isn't going to be some wrestling match. Oh no. We aren't wrestlers, so we won't be wrestling. We'll be fighting, in a street fight! Everything's legal! Weapons, interference, you name it, it can, and will, happen. I hope that you two are ready, because you're going to be leaving Boston this Sunday in an ambulance!”

Vince: “For months you two have been screwing with me, Vincent Kennedy McMahon. And dammit, it ends this Sunday. The gloves are off! We're going to beat you until you can't get up anymore! We're going to cover the damn mat in your blood! And when all is said and done, you two will NEVER wrestle on any of my shows again!”

Shane: “You know what, dad? Why do we have to wait until Sunday? Why can't we just kick their asses right here, right now!”

Vince: “Shane...tonight? Here tonight, in this dump?”

Shane: “Yeah, right here!”

Vince: “Well...alright, I suppose. Yeah! DX! Why don't you get your asses down here?”

[Vince loosens his collar, and prepares to fight. However, no music plays, and DX does not come out from behind the curtain.]

Vince: “Where the hell are you, dammit!?”

[Vince suddenly falls to the mat, as he is nailed with a superkick from one of the security guards! Shane is kicked in the gut, and he gets a Pedigree! The other guards rush at the two attackers, but they roll out of the ring. They pull at their “faces,” and pull off rubber masks...it's Shawn Michaels and Triple H! They throw some crotch-chops at the guards and the McMahon's, as the show cuts to a commercial break.]

That's Not Cool!

[Maria is backstage with the Intercontinental Champion, Carlito. He has an apple in his hand, and the Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder.]

Maria: “Carlito, this Sunday at SummerSlam you'll be defending the Intercontinental Championship against Shelton Benjamin! What are your thoughts on the match?”

Carlito: “Well, Maria...Carlito doesn't really care about...Shelton Benjamin. Shelton Benjamin is just a loser. He's just upset that he can't have everything that Carlito does. Now I'll admit...I was impressed when he beat his former tag team partner, Charlie Haas, here on RAW last week. But that means nothing to me. Because I beat Charlie Haas, too. And I beat Shelton Benjamin and Johnny Nitro...twice. And come SummerSlam, I'm going to-”

[Carlito is cut off, as he is hit from behind by Shelton Benjamin! Benjamin throws Carlito against the wall, as Maria screams. He leaves Carlito on the floor, down and out, before kissing a terrified Maria on the cheek and walking away.]

NON-TITLE TAG TEAM MATCH:

The Spirit Squad© vs The Highlanders

The Highlanders, Robbie and Rory McAllister, took on Johnny and Nicky of the Spirit Squad in the opening bout. The match was about what one would have expected, with the Highlanders brawling, and the Squad cheating and using their athleticism. It seemed as though they just couldn't escape from the Highlanders though, who used their power to ground the Spirit Squad in the later part of the match. They seemed to have the clear advantage, picking up Johnny for the Scot-Drop, but the other four members ran in and started beating on the Highlanders. The referee called for the bell, but the Squad didn't stop. They grabbed chairs, and drilled the Highlanders with them. The Champions left the ring in celebration, as their opponents lay bloodied on the mat.

The Highlanders def. The Spirit Squad© via disqualification. [*3/4]

The Nature Boy Gets Extreme

[The classic music of the “Nature Boy” Ric Flair plays, and he makes his way down to the ring wearing a suit, not quite ready for his match later. When he enters the ring, he struts around, before taking a microphone from Lilian Garcia.]

Flair: “In six days, Mick Foley, you're going to be in for the toughest match of your career. Oh yeah, you can laugh. Because when a guy's wrestled Terry Funk in death-matches, old Ric Flair will be a cake-walk, right? When a guy's wrestled in the Hell In A Cell, a little cage will be a push-over, right? You're wrong, Mick. Because you see, this is going to be something different. It's going to be a combination of everything that you've been through in your career. There's going to be a cage. There's going to be weapons. And dammit, there's going to be barbed-wire!”

[Flair quickly tosses his jacket on the ground, and unbuttons his shirt. He gives the camera an intense glare.]

Flair: “You won't be wrestling the Nature Boy at SummerSlam, Foley. You won't be wrestling the lady's man. You'll be wrestling Ric Flair, the crazy, old, son of a bitch with nothing to lose! I've been through an awful lot in my career, Mick. And to be honest, I've always respected my opponents when all is said and done. But I don't know if I'll ever be able to look you in the eye after the hell that we go through this Sunday. I'm willing, and I'm going to put my body on the line. What are you going to do, Foley? Are you going to have the same desire that burns in me, are you going to have the same passion?”

[Flair wipes the sweat from his brow as he takes a deep breath.]

Flair: “Because I want this more than anything. I need this more than anything! And I will do what I need to do to get the job done! I'm ready for war, Mick. You can say that I'm past my prime, but I've never been more ready for a battle. This Sunday, there's going to be blood. There's going to be sweat. And dammit...there's going to be tears! Because this Sunday, I am going to prove that I, Ric Flair, am the greatest wrestler of all-time. I'm going to enter a match in which the odds are clearly against me. And you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to win. I'm going to do the impossible, just like what I've been doing for years. You'd better get ready, Mick. It starts tonight, when I team up with John Cena in the main event, and destroy you and Edge! Wooo!”

[Flair leaves the ring to his music, as the show goes to a break.]

The Samoan Open #2

[When RAW returns, Armando Alejandro Estrada is in the ring.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! Last week, we saw the first edition of the Samoan Open. And now here we are on numero dos, haha! Who is going to answer the Samoan Open?”

[The old La Resistance music plays, and Rene Dupree walks down to the ring to a small reaction for his return to RAW. He gets up right in the face of Armando.]

Dupree: “What is your name? Armando? Please, you mean to tell me that nobody here can beat your big Samoan? Come on, bring him down. For I am Rene Dupree, the French Phenom!”

Estrada: “Okay, okay. Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you...the undefeated, Samoan Bulldozer...Uuuuuuuumaga!”

[umaga's music hits and he makes his way down to the ring, as Dupree looks at him with a concerned expression on his face.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga w/Estrada vs Rene Dupree

Dupree clearly hadn't been watching RAW while he was recovering. Otherwise, he should've known that underestimating Umaga was a mistake. He went after Umaga early on, and wasted all of his big moves. The look of shock on his face when he realized that the Samoan Bulldozer was unaffected by his assault was simply priceless. Umaga screamed in Dupree's face, grabbed him by the neck, and lifted him high over his head before throwing him across the ring. From there it was just Umaga destroying the French Phenom, and he hit him with a headbutt before driving his thumb into Dupree's neck, and pinning him for the victory. Armando raised his arm afterwards, as he smirked at Dupree.

Umaga def. Rene Dupree via pinfall. [*1/4]

The Gloves Are Off

[Todd Grisham is backstage, with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. They get a huge pop from the fans.]

Grisham: “Degeneration X, earlier on in the show you two attacked Mister McMahon, sneaking up on him disguised as his security guards. Why?”

Triple H: “Why? I don't think we need to explain ourselves anymore, Todd. Vince McMahon and his son Shane need to be gone from RAW. They've been screwing around with Shawn since January, and they've been messing with me for a long time, too. And last week, when they attacked us in the ring, I think we realized something.”

Michaels: “We realized that we can't play fun and games anymore, Maria. SummerSlam is just six days away, and now the gloves are off. Vince, Shane...you'd better be ready. We won't be holding back. A street fight is a dangerous match. Anything goes. You obviously didn't learn your lesson at WrestleMania, when I kicked your damn teeth down your throat! This time, you won't be getting any second chances. After what we do to you this Sunday, you won't be able to come back to RAW.”

Triple H: “And if you aint down with that, we've got two words for ya!”

[The crowd screams “Suck It!” as Triple H & Shawn Michaels smile, and leave the area.]

Retreat

[When RAW comes back from a break, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon are shown backstage, stumbling into their limo. The Coach runs up to them before Vince slams the door.]

Coach: “Mister McMahon! Wha...where are you going?”

Vince: “Dammit Coachman, I've had enough for one night! That damn DX thinks that they're funny, dressing up as security guards? We'll we aren't laughing! I'm leaving this damn dump!”

Coach: “But...but what about the show?”

Vince: “You can run it, dammit! You shouldn't need me to act as a damn baby-sitter!”

Coach: “You'll be at SummerSlam, right though, Mister McMahon?”

Vince: “Of course we'll be at SummerSlam, you stupid son of a bitch! We're going to show up, and we're going to destroy DX! Now get out of here before I have the driver run your dumb ass over!”

[The Coach backs away from the limo quickly, as Vince slams the door shut and the limo pulls away.]

Women...

[Trish Stratus is shown walking backstage. She comes to a door that reads “Mickie James, WWE Women's Champion. She knocks, then walks in. Mickie is sitting on a bench, cradling her Championship. She springs up when she sees Trish.]

Mickie: “Trish? Oh my gosh...what are you doing here? This is my room? I'm the Women's Champion!”

Trish: “Listen, Mickie...I'm just here to ask you for some help. These past couple of weeks, we've been kind-of working together, you know? Fighting Melina? Listen...I'd just like to let you know that she's after your belt. I want it too, I know...but I don't want that...that bitch to get her hands on it! So, um...if the time comes...if you ever need any help...I've got your back.”

[Mickie clutches her Championship and nods, as Trish leaves the room quietly.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Charlie Haas vs Matt Striker

The styles of these two men complimented eachother quite well, but it seemed as though they were holding something back. Still, that didn't prevent them from putting on a decent, back-and-forth match. Haas immediately tried to ground Striker, but Striker impressed with some good mat-work of his own. It seemed that Haas seemed to have just a slight edge though, and after a few minutes Striker was at his mercy. Haas applied various submissions to Striker, working the legs and the back. After about ten minutes, Haas managed to lock Striker in the Haas of Pain. Striker was about to tap, but his tag team partner, Rob Conway, ran in and broke up the hold! The two men started to lay boots to Charlie Haas, and they left the ring with him on the mat in pain.

Charlie Haas def. Matt Striker via disqualification. [**]

The Next Generation

[“Burn In My Light” hits, and Randy Orton makes his way out to the ring. He poses on the turnbuckles, before grabbing a microphone.]

Orton: “This Sunday, at SummerSlam, you people are going to see the next generation of wrestling. You're going to see the me, the Legend Killer, Randy Orton. I'm a third generation superstar. And I'm the youngest World Heavyweight Champion of all-time. And then, in the other corner, you're going to see the New British Bulldog, Harry Smith. Son of the legendary Davey Boy. Nephew of Owen and Bret Hart. He's already being called RAW's next big star. But I disagree.”

[Orton smirks, as the crowd boos.]

Orton: “Harry Smith is NOT going to be the next big star. I am. I'm already almost there. I just need one thing...one big match...one big moment...that puts me over the edge. Harry Smith, at SummerSlam, your career is going to be ended early. Your time here on RAW is almost over, man. I'm going to defeat you, and by doing so, I'm going to kill the legacy of the most over-rated family in wrestling history...the Hart Family. Oh, I said it. I said that they aren't the best. Their legacy is a joke. I mean, what's so special? That they trained in their freaking basement? Everyone just buys into the hype. They don't really think about what they're saying. What they don't realize, is that the Hart legacy is a worthless pile of-”

[The crowd's relentless boos are suddenly turned to cheers, as Harry Smith comes dashing into the ring! He starts going after Orton in the corner. Orton takes quite a beating, before ducking under a clothesline and sliding out of the ring, and heading up the ramp. The two young rivals stare eachother down, as the RAW heads to commercials.]

The Hardcore Champions

[Edge, Lita, and Mick Foley are shown backstage in a locker-room. Edge has the WWE Championship over his shoulder.]

Edge: “Listen, you know the deal, Mick. We've both got important matches this Sunday at SummerSlam, and this tag match up next is the best chance we've got of getting a little advantage heading in. We need this match, man.”

[Foley looks up at Edge, yet says nothing, and puts his head down.]

Edge: “Come on, man. What the hell's gotten into you?”

[Foley looks up at Edge quickly.]

Foley: “You want to know what's gotten into me? I don't have just a match this Sunday. I've got a war! And dammit...this is going to be the most important fight that I've ever been in! If I don't win this thing, then what are people going to remember about me? They'll remember that I jumped off of the cell, I know that. But they'll remember that I, the self-proclaimed toughest son-of-a-bitch in WWE history, couldn't perform when the time came! They'll remember that no matter what happened, I got beat...at MY OWN GAME...by Ric Flair. I can't let that happen, Edge. I WON'T let that happen.”

[Edge just stares at Foley, as RAW goes to the last commercial before the main event.]

SUMMERSLAM PREVIEW - TAG TEAM MATCH:

Mick Foley & Edge© w/Lita vs John Cena & Ric Flair

RAW's main event was a great preview for two of the biggest matches at SummerSlam. It seemed as though each man in the match really wanted to pick up the win here, and that really added to the already intense atmosphere for the match. These guys had plenty of time in the match, so we saw all of the possible combinations in the ring. Lita tried to get involved, but Cena and Flair actually managed to prevent her interference, keeping the match even. In the final moments of the match, John Cena and Mick Foley were in the ring, as Edge and Ric Flair brawled around the ringside area. Foley went for a clothesline, but Cena ducked, and lifted him into the F-U! And unlike last week, this time the F-U connected! Cena covered Foley, while Flair grabbed onto Edge on the outside, and the referee counted the fall. Cena and Flair celebrated after the match, as Foley lay on the mat, and Edge walked up the ramp with Lita and his WWE Championship.

John Cena & Ric Flair def. Edge© & Mick Foley via pinfall. [***]

Quick Match Results

The Highlanders def. The Spirit Squad©

Umaga def. Rene Dupree

Charlie Haas def. Matt Striker

John Cena & Ric Flair def. Edge© & Mick Foley

Edited by Thatz

IPB Image

WWE PRESENTS: “SUMMERSLAM” - AUGUST 13th, 2006

TAG TEAM STREET FIGHT:

Degeneration X vs The McMahons

Vince McMahon has been making Shawn Michaels' life a “living hell” for months, starting all the way back in January. Michaels would go on to feud with Mister McMahon and his son Shane. McMahon would constantly punish Michaels, until just like at SummerSlam, the two met in a Street Fight at WrestleMania 22. Michaels finally managed to get some revenge on McMahon, brutally beating and embarassing the Chairman, by defeating him at the event. McMahon, however, would not back down. He continued to bash Michaels, and defeated him at Backlash, in a match where Shawn Michaels teamed up with “God” to take on Vince and Shane. Shortly thereafter the event, Vince, Shane, and the Spirit Squad injured Michaels. From there they began feuding with Triple H, Michaels' long-time friend. After weeks, Triple H finally got the best of the group, as Shawn Michaels returned to aid his former ally. And thus one of the most famous groups in wrestling history, Degeneration X, was reunited. They easily defeated the Spirit Squad in a handicap match at Vengeance, and from there they proceeded to pull various pranks on McMahon. Ultimately, Vince snapped, and accepted Degeneration X's offer of a match a SummerSlam. Will Vince get revenge on the Degenerates, or will Degeneration X finally fulfill their promise, and remove the McMahon's from RAW?

WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

Edge© w/Lita vs John Cena

John Cena and Edge have been feuding for months, starting way back in January. Edge, who won the “Money In the Bank” match at WrestleMania 21, cashed in his title shot and defeated a weakened John Cena for his first WWE Championship. Edge's reign was short-lived however, as Cena quickly regained the Championship at the Royal Rumble. Edge was unable to regain the Title at Backlash, competing in a triple-threat match. Yet luck finally returned to Edge's side in June, when he helped Rob Van Dam defeat John Cena to win the belt. Edge would go on to battle with RVD, eventually besting him in a ladder match to regain the WWE Championship at Saturday Night's Main Event. Cena earned himself a title shot at the same event, and has been gunning for Edge lately. Will history repeat itself at SummerSlam, or will the “Rated R Superstar” prove to be more than just a mere transitional champion?

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

King Booker© w/Queen Sharmell vs Batista

2006 will forever be remembered as a great year for Booker T. Not only did he win the revived King of the Ring tournament, but he also defeated Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Great American Bash. Yet the year will not be remembered as a great one for Batista...if things continue to go they way that they have. “The Animal” was injured at the hands of Mark Henry in January, and was forced to vacate his World Heavyweight Championship. He was out of action until July, where he made his return and defeated Henry in a #1 Contender's Match at the Bash. Now Batista will try and reclaim the belt that nobody ever defeated him for, by defeating King Booker. The two have had hatred for eachother for quite some time, stemming from shooting for the SummerSlam commercials...will “The Animal” be able to regain the gold, or will he fail to make it past the King's Court?

EXTREME CAGE MATCH:

Mick Foley vs Ric Flair

If you talk to any wrestling fan you see, Ric Flair and Mick Foley will certainly be familiar names to them. They are two of the biggest legends in wrestling history. What began as a simple feud to see who was the better man quickly turned violent, as Mick Foley brutalized Flair with a steel chair after their 2-out-of-3 Falls Match at Vengeace. Since then the feud has become extremely personal, with both men taking cheap shots at the other's career. Foley even went as far as to travel to Flair's home. Ric Flair, widely considered one of the best true wrestlers of all-time, made the challenge on RAW. An Extreme Cage Match. Barbed wire will line the top, and weapons will fill the steel cage. Blood will surely be shed in this brutal match. Both men want this match for personal reasons, and it appears that this is the only way to settle the war between the two legendary wrestlers.Yet the question remains...which main will get his arm raised at the end of the match? And which man, if either of the two, will be able to walk up the aisle after the bell has rung?

REUNION OF THE BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION:

The Undertaker & Kane vs The Great Khali & Daivari

Ever since he came to Smackdown!, Daivari has been messing with the Undertaker. It didn't matter who he managed...they always lost. That is, until the Great Khali came along. The giant dominated the Undertaker unlike anyone had done before. He defeated him soudly at Judgment Day, and beat him again in a Punjabi Prison Match at the Great American Bash. But when all hope was lost, and Khali was prepared to destroy the Undertaker, help arrived. Kane, the Undertaker's brother, returned to Smackdown! To save him. The Undertaker had been sending messages to Kane for weeks, and Kane finally accepted his brother's offer. Now, at the biggest even of the summer, the Brothers of Destruction will reunite to try and put an end to the Great Khali, and Daivari. Will their return be a success, or will Khali get the biggest win of his career?

TWO FORMER FRIENDS COLLIDE:

Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio

Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero were the very best of friends. They were family, even. And the death of Eddie Guerrero brought them together even more. Yet when Rey Mysterio achieved his dream, and captured the World Championship at WrestleMania 22, it seemed obvious that feelings of jealousy arose in Chavo Guerrero. Although he continued to support his friend, Chavo retired from the ring. But at the Great American Bash, when Rey was going for the 619 on King Booker, Chavo drilled his friend with a steel chair, allowing Booker to pin Mysterio and win the World Championship. Chavo believed that he, not Rey, should've been the one to fulfill the dream of Eddie Guerrero. And so a Guerrero and Rey Mysterio will meet in the ring at SummerSlam one more time, once again looking for the blood of their opponent to smear the mat.

BATTLE OF THE NEXT GENERATION:

Randy Orton vs Harry Smith

Randy Orton is a third-generation superstar, son of Hall of Famer “Cowboy” Bob Orton. He's the “Legend Killer,” beating such legends as Ric Flair and Mick Foley. He's also the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history. Then there's Harry Smith. Smith, who recently debuted on RAW, is the son of the “British Bulldog,” Davey Boy Smith. He's the nephew of the legendary Bret “Hitman” Hart. He's the heir to the legacy of the Hart Family. At SummerSlam, two young legends in the making will meet in the center of the ring, squaring off in a battle of the next generation. Will Smith be successful in his PPV debut, or will Orton “kill” the legacy that is in Smith's hands?

WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP:

Bobby Lashley© vs Ken Kennedy

The current United States Champion, Bobby Lashley, has been one of the most dominant U.S. Champions in recent history. He's beaten JBL, Booker T., Finlay, and William Regal to name just a few. He lost the Championship to Finlay in July, but quickly gained it right back at the Great American Bash. Now Lashley will look to make another successful title defense at SummerSlam, against the still undefeated Mister (Ken) Kennedy. One man's momentum will be stopped here, and one man will continue to rise to the top. Who will continue towards the main event, and walk out as the United States Champion?

Carlito© vs Shelton Benjamin

Over the course of the past few months, three young superstars have been waging war for the Intercontinental Championship. Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, and Johnny Nitro. The three met in the ring at Vengeance, and competed in a show-stealer which saw Carlito win Benjamin's Championship, pinning Nitro. The three had a rematch at Saturday Night's Main Event, which saw the new champion, Carlito, once again pin Nitro. Benjamin has since earned himself a shot at the title that he was never really beaten for, when he defeated his former partner, Charlie Haas. Can RAW's top young athlete reclaim the Intercontinental Championship? Or will Carlito once again prevail?

Edge© vs John Cena

King Booker© vs Batista

Mick Foley vs Ric Flair

Brothers of Destruction vs Great Khali & Daivari

Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero

Who will be pinned in the tag team street fight?:

Will any matches end in disqualification/count out?:

Name one person who will appear in a backstage segment.:

Will anyone debut/return at the event?:

Which championships, if any, will change hands at the event?:

Which match are you looking forward to most?:

Edited by Thatz

Edge© vs John Cena

King Booker© vs Batista

Mick Foley vs Ric Flair

Brothers of Destruction vs Great Khali & Daivari

(Degeneration X) vs The McMahons

(Edge©) vs John Cena

(King Booker©) vs Batista

(Mick Foley) vs Ric Flair

(Brothers of Destruction) vs Great Khali & Daivari

Rey Mysterio vs (Chavo Guerrero)

(Randy Orton) vs Harry Smith

Bobby Lashley© vs (Ken Kennedy)

Carlito© vs (Shelton Benjamin)

I like what you're doing, but you should add in Trish, Melina and Mickie in a triple threat for the title to change hands.

Or;

Carlito and Trish vs. Mickie and Shelton vs. Nitro and Melina

Women's Championship and Intercontinental Championship

That's intertaining, just going around giving advice.

IPB Image

WWE SUMMERSLAM – AUGUST 13th, 2006

[The evening starts with a rather comical video promoting the “biggest party of the summer,” before transitioning to a more serious one that highlights all of the big matches. The camera then cuts to a huge pyro, before heading over to the announcers.]

JR: “Good evening everyone, and welcome to SummerSlam! I'm Jim Ross, and sitting next to me is my partner, Jerry 'The King' Lawler.”

King: “We're finally here JR, it's SummerSlam!”

JR: “It's definitely going to be a huge night King, but first let's go over to our Smackdown! colleagues, Michael Cole and John Bradshaw Layfield.”

Cole: “Thanks, JR. We've got a couple of big matches here on the Smackdown! side tonight. I mean, Booker T. versus Batista!

JBL: “That'll surely be a great brawl, almost as good as my match with Batista last year!”

JR: “Well we'll see later on guys, but up next, Carlito defends the Intercontinental Title against Shelton Benjamin!”

-----

The first match of the night saw Carlito and Shelton Benjamin put on an impressive athletic performance. At first Carlito and Benjamin wrestled a more slow style, wearing their opponent down with strikes and small impact moves. Benjamin had quite an obvious advantage when he took Carlito down on the mat, and after a few minutes, things began to speed up as Carlito abandoned his original strategy. He got out of a chinlock from Benjamin, and hit a high dropkick. Benjamin quickly countered Carlito, hitting a few kicks, and then nailing an enziguri. The two continued to go back-and-forth, as the moves got more and more exciting each time. Carlito continued his recent trend of pulling out more exciting moves, as he hit a modified version of Jericho's lionsault for a near-fall. That didn't stop Benjamin from making a run at the belt though, as he hit a german suplex, and went for the T-Bone. Carlito was expecting the move though, as he slid over Benjamin's shoulder and hit the back-cracker, pinning Benjamin to retain his title. He celebrated by spitting apple in Benjamin's face after the match.

Carlito© def. Shelton Benjamin via pinfall to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship. [***]

-----

JR: “And once again Carlito retains the Intercontinental Championship over Shelton Benjamin!”

King: “He just spit that apple in Shelton's face, JR! That's not cool!”

Cole: “Whether it's cool or not is something you guys can talk about on your own, but coming up next we've got a championship match of our own!”

JBL: “We've got a battle between two future superstars up next you little monkey, for a title that I once held not too long ago, mind you.”

-----

WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP:

The fans were really behind both men, cheering like mad for Lashley and announcing Kennedy's name with him. Kennedy quickly got the fans to boo him though, as the first thing he did when facing off with Lashley was to thumb the champion in the eye. This accomplished little however, as Lashley simply came back pissed off. He just beat on Kennedy with his explosive offense. Kennedy really had no counter to Lashley's power, other than to cheat as much as he could. This strategy seemed to slowly give Kennedy some openings, as he had a nice string of offense. Kennedy seemed to have a bit of trouble doing more complicated moves on Lashley due to his size, but he did get off a great superplex from the top-rope. A pin attempt would only get a two-count, though. Lashley started to rally, unleashing all of his arsenal on Kennedy...only to have Kennedy dodge a Spear, causing Lashley to hit the referee. Kennedy took full advantage of the opportunity, immediately hitting Lashley with a low-blow. After sending the champ to the mat by hitting him with the U.S. Title, Kennedy went to the top and hit the Kenton Bomb. He pinned Lashley, as the referee recovered and made the fall. Kennedy celebrated after the match, announcing himself as the new champion as Lashley looked on in anger.

Ken Kennedy def. Bobby Lashley© via pinfall to become the NEW WWE United States Champion. [**3/4]

-----

JBL: “We've got a new United States Champion, Cole! Finally a man worthy of succeeding me as champion...Mistah Kennedy!”

Cole: “But he cheated to win it! He couldn't beat Lashley cleanly, so he-”

JBL: “Kennedy!”

Cole: “You would, wouldn't you? You think that you're pretty clever? Dammit...”

-----

The First Family

[Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon are backstage, in their locker-room. They're wearing the street clothes that they always wear when they wrestle.]

Shane: “So, eh...what's the plan, dad?”

[Vince looks over at Shane, and he doesn't appear to be too happy.]

Vince: “What's the plan? Well Shane, we're just going to do what we always do. We're going go out there and kick some ass! I'm sick of those damn degenerates thinking that they run the show. I'm Vince McMahon, dammit! I own this company! Nobody tells me what to do! We've got to go out there tonight, end this thing once and for all, and teach those two a lesson. And that lesson is that you don't cross the boss!”

[shane nods and picks up a baseball bat, starting at his fuming father.]

-----

King: “Did you hear that, JR? Things don't sound too good for Degeneration X!”

JR: “Maybe not King, but I have a feeling that they have a plan themselves. Speaking of plans...I wonder what Harry Smith has planned for his first match on Pay Per View?”

King: “He's probably just going to try and survive, JR. He's facing the legend killer!”

JR: “He is, alright. Coming up next we've got a battle between two future stars, as Harry Smith takes on Randy Orton!”

-----

BATTLE OF THE NEXT GENERATION:

Harry Smith vs Randy Orton

Randy Orton and Harry Smith faced off in the middle of the ring to kick-off the match, and actually got a pretty decent reaction considering that Smith just debuted. The two locked-up, and although it appeared fairly even, Smith surprised everyone by throwing Orton across the ring. When they went at it again, Orton was met with the same result. When he got back up he took an approach not unlike Ken Kennedy in the previous match, using whatever opening he could get to cheat and inflict as much damage as possible. Smith definitely looked impressive in here, using a mixture of powerful brawling and straight-up mat wrestling. He absolutely dominated Orton when he took him to the mat, almost making Orton look like a fool. The Legend Killer did start to get in a few more moves in the later portion of the match though, as he hit Smith with a series of European Uppercuts, before locking in a chinlock. Smith powered out of the move, and hit a german suplex. He then hit Orton with a few stiff chops, before hitting a powerbomb for a two-count. Smith seemed ready, and the crowd was behind him, as he picked up Orton for the Running Powerslam. Orton was ready though, and he slipped over his shoulder, and nailed the RKO for the win! Orton walked up the ramp afterwards with a smug look on his face, as Smith looked on from the ring.

Randy Orton def. Harry Smith via pinfall. [***]

-----

JR: “Despite Harry Smith's greatest effort folks, he was unable to win his first pay per view match. Still, he looked like a true superstar in the ring.”

King: “He might look good JR, but it doesn't matter how good you are, only that you get the win!”

JBL: “I have to say that I agree with you there, Jerry. When I was the WWE Champion I did whatever I had to do to keep that title, and that's why I held it for so long.”

Cole: “I have a feeling that both men are going to do whatever it takes to win in this upcoming match, when two former friends collide. It's Rey Mysterio against Chavo Guerrero, and it's next!”

-----

FORMER FRIENDS COLLIDE:

Previous matches between these two have been fast-paced, high-flying, and even technical encounters at times. This was nothing of the sort. You could almost feel the hatred that the two men had for eachother, as they went at it right at the beginning, no lock-up or anything. They did something different too...they brawled. For the first few minutes of the match, there were very few moves. As they beat eachother down though, more wrestling began to come into play. Rey, who seemed to actually get an advantage in the brawling, started to bust out some high-flying. He hit a nice hurricanrana on Chavo, and followed it up with a high dropkick and a legdrop. Chavo tried to once again slow the match down, grabbing Mysterio's legs and locking in a leglock. Chavo continued to attack the legs of Mysterio, attempting to limit his flying offense. After putting Rey in several submissions, Chavo started using some moves in an attempt to earn the fall. He busted out a brainbuster for a near-fall, hit the Three Amigos, and seemed upset when the Tornado DDT couldn't get himt the win. He seemed to lose his focus, as Rey started mounting a comeback. Chavo ended up being in the ropes, as Rey hit a weak 619. Mysterio went to the top, and came off with a Frog Splash, but when he connected, Chavo reversed into an inside cradle! 1...2...3! Chavo Guerrero quickly exited the ring after the match, with a huge smile upon his face.

Chavo Guerrero def. Rey Mysterio via pinfall. [***1/4]

-----

Cole: “Chavo Guerrero just stole a win from Rey Mysterio!”

JBL: “He didn't do anything illegal, Michael! He simply knew what was coming, and he reversed it! What a great move...that's something a real Guerrero would do.”

Cole: “Just by looking at the reaction on Mysterio's face though, I can tell that this thing isn't over.

JBL: “How can you tell by his face? He wears a freaking mask, you idiot!”

-----

The Animal

[Maria is backstage, standing with a microphone next to the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, Batista.]

Maria: “Batista, tonight you face King Booker for the World Heavyweight Championship. What are your thoughts?”

Batista: “King Booker? You really buy into that crap? Booker T. is no King, and I'm going to show everyone that tonight. Booker, I don't care what you bring out there, or who. You can bring your wife, you can bring your friends. You can even bring that stupid little leprechan, I don't care. I'll punt his little ass right into the crowd. You see, I was never beaten for my World Heavyweight Championship. I got hurt by Mark Henry. I had to give it up, and that hurt me more than anything...just walking away. But at the Great American Bash, I got my revenge. I beat his ass, and how he's the one off licking his wounds. But winning that match just didn't give me some revenge, oh no. It earned me a shot at the thing that I never lost. The World Championship around your waist! And I promise you one thing Booker T...I will take back what's mine. I don't care what I have to do...I will once again be the World Heavyweight Champion.”

[batista flexes his muscles as the camera fades.]

-----

JBL: “Just look at that, Cole. Look at the Animal! I'd be dead scared if I was King Booker right now.”

Cole: “What about this next match, JBL? We've got three men in there even bigger than Batista! It's the Brothers of Destruction teaming up once again to take on the Great Khali...and Daivari!”

-----

RETURN OF THE BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION:

The Brothers of Destruction vs The Great Khali & Daivari

The fans were absolutely on their feet as Kane and the Undertaker came down to the ring, and stared down their opponents. Khali had the same expression on his face that he always does, but Daivari looked horrified. Khali and Kane started out in the ring. The two giants started slugging eachother, showing no mercy with their strikes. They brawled in typical big-man fashion, with some stiff shots and few wrestling moves. After a couple of minutes, The Undertaker was tagged in. He quickly went to work against Khali, getting in more offense than he had in their previous matches. Khali actually looked like he was having some trouble with the team, and he tagged in Daivari, which actually got a pop. Daivari clearly didn't want to come into the ring, and when he did, The Undertaker simply picked him up and threw him. After hitting a few moves, Kane was tagged in. The Big Red Machine continued to beat up Daivari, until he allowed him to crawl to the corner and tag in Khali. When Khali ran in so did the Undertaker, and the Brothers began attacking Khali together. They hit an amazing suplex on Khali, and after laying some boots to him, they lifted him up and hit a double-chokeslam! But they weren't done...they lifted him up and hit another...and even a third! The two then went to cover Khali, only to have Daivari run in and break it up. They rose, and stared at Daivari...before planting him with a double-chokeslam as well! They threw Daivari on top of Khali, and pinned both men together to win the match.

Brothers of Destruction def. The Great Khali & Daivari via pinfall. [*1/4]

-----

Cole: “The Brothers of Destruction are back, and wow...they just destroyed the Great Khali and Daivari!”

JBL: “Something just happens when those two freaks get together...it's like they become a whole new monster.”

[A video package plays to highlight the bloody, personal feud between Mick Foley and Ric Flair.]

JR: “Just look at that King, look at that demonic structure coming down to the ring!”

King: “It looks like Mick Foley and Ric Flair are going to have to go through hell itself tonight JR...who's going to survive?”

-----

EXTREME CAGE MATCH:

Mick Foley vs Ric Flair

As the match began the two men simply looked around the ring, and at the structure which held them in. It was a normal steel cage, but with barbed wire lining the top, no door, and weapons scattered within. There were two chairs, a chain, a barbed-wire bat, a bag of tacks, and various other hardcore weapons. And so the match began. The two legends suddenly ran into eachother, with Flair hitting some chops and Foley some right-hands. The weapons immediately came into play, as Flair grabbed a chair and decked Foley in the face with it. Foley went to his knee, but came back up with a kendo stick, hitting Flair in the shoulder. The two continued to go back and forth, hitting eachother with various weapons, until Foley gained the advantage and grabbed Flair, grinding his face against the cage. Flair immediately began to bleed in classic fashion, with the blood staining his face and turning his hair red. Foley merely smiled and taunted. He began to beat Flair more and more, tossing him into the cage, and choking him out with a steel-chain. It seemed after being tortured in the hold for a while that Flair finally came to his senses, as he hit Foley with a low-blow! Foley went down, and Flair pulled himself up on the ropes. He looked around, and with a smile on his face, he grabbed “barbie!” When Foley got up, Flair struck him in the stomach with the weapon. He then lifted it up, and sent it across Foley's back. When Foley went down, the weapon was used to cut open his forehead. This seemed to light a fire under Foley, as he got up and started exchanging moves with Flair again. The two ended up fighting in the corner, and Flair ducked a shot from a cane, and hit Foley with a chair! Foley slumped down in the corner, as Flair went over and picked up a bag of thumbtacks. He poured them out over the mat, and then went to the corner. He climbed the turnbuckle with Foley, and then delivered a huge superplex onto the thumb-tacks! Flair draped an arm across...1....2...Foley kicked out! Flair was in shock! He acted quickly though, going over to Foley and putting him in the figure-four leglock. Foley screamed in agony, the blood running down his face. He seemed ready to escape the move, but Flair grabbed a nearby chair, and clocked him in the face! Flair pulled himself up on the ropes, applying more pressure to Foley. Foley struggled briefly, but he eventually fell to the mat. The referee checked him and rang the bell...Foley had passed out. Flair slowly rolled from the ring afterwards, as medics came to get Foley.

Ric Flair def. Mick Foley via stoppage. [****1/4]

-----

JR: “My God! Ric Flair has survived the extreme cage match! He's defeated the hardcore legend!”

King: “To be honest JR...that was brutal. Neither of those two guys are going to be the same again...not that they were normal to begin with!”

-----

The Champ Is Here...

[Edge is standing backstage with the WWE Championship over his shoulder. Lita is next to him, and Maria is holding a microphone.]

Edge: “This is your place, John Cena? This is your hood? Give me a break. I don't care where the hell we are, you aren't getting my WWE Championship!”

[Edge smirks, and he kisses his title.]

Edge: “I don't care where we're at, Cena. I don't care what kind of match we're wrestling in. I am sick of being held back from being the superstar...the legend that I know that I can become! You see this belt? I brought it back, I brought back the honor, I brought back the legacy! You had turned this thing into a damn...a damn prop! Tonight, when I defeat you in the middle of that ring, in front of your home-town fans...people will start to see just how big of a joke you are.”

[Edge leaves the area with Lita, as Maria stands there looking hot.]

-----

JBL: “Thank the lord for that man, Michael. He speaks the truth...he brought back the very belt that I myself held! It's an honor seeing Edge as WWE Champion.”

Cole: “And let me guess, it's an honor to see King Booker as Champion, too?”

JBL: “Of course it is! All Hail King Booker!”

-----

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

King Booker© w/Queen Sharmell vs Batista

“The Animal” got a huge reaction from the fans as he squared off in the ring against the arrogant King Booker. Although it seemed obvious that Batista would easily defeat the King one-on-one, that wasn't quite the case. Booker managed to put up quite a fight by himself, as well as having Queen Sharmell at ringside to help him out. He pulled out some moves that we haven't really seen from him in a while, and really looked motivated. Batista looked pretty good too, hitting Booker with his explosive offense. As time wore on it seemed that despite Booker's best efforts, he couldn't quite overcome Batista. That's when he made the call. Finlay and William Regal, his two allies on Smackdown!, came running down to the ring, opposite of Sharmell. She jumped on the ring apron, distracting the referee, as Booker threw Batista out of the ring. Finlay and Regal attacked “The Animal,” and threw him back in as Sharmell got off the apron, and the referee turned around. Booker T. immediately started to arrogantly attack the weakened Batista. Yet when he hit his signature Book-End move, he wasted a bit too much time taunting, which allowed Batista to kick out! Booker was shocked, as Batista rose and started to make a comeback. A distraction from Sharmell allowed Finlay to toss Booker the shillelagh though, and he used it to hit Batista. He followed it with a Scissors Kick, but Batista once again kicked out! The crowd roared, as Batista stumbled to his feet. He was drained though, and Booker hit another Scissors Kick. Batista went down, and Booker climbed to the top-rope...coming off with the Harlem (Houston) Hangover! He covered, 1...2...3! Booker T. retained with the help of the King's Court and a true desperation move!

King Booker© def. Batista via pinfall to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. [***]

-----

JBL: “He's done it again! All Hail King Booker!”

Cole: “He couldn't beat Batista on his own, though! He needed help from Finlay and Regal! That's not right!”

JBL: “Of course it is! Do you expect a King to just go charging into battle on his own? No! He'd be an idiot!”

[A video is shown recapping the Cena/Edge feud. It highlights the fact that Cena is near his home.]

JR: “Now it's RAW's turn to have a Championship match of our own. It's Edge defending the WWE Championship against John Cena, and it's next!”

-----

WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

Edge© w/Lita vs John Cena

Despite getting a fairly mixed reaction wherever he goes, the crowd was actually pretty behind John Cena tonight. Edge got some big heat, too. The two started brawling from the get-go, with Cena having an advantage. After beating up Edge in the corner for a little while, Cena clotheslined Edge over the top-rope, and taunted in the ring as his fans cheered. Edge recovered a bit on the outside, and came back in ready. He started attacking Cena again, ducking Cena's forearm, and hitting a back suplex. Edge then transitioned into a chinlock. He controlled the match on the mat for a little while, until Cena started to mount a comeback. But when Cena went for a suplex, Edge blocked it and hit a DDT for a near-fall. Edge started working Cena's abdomen for his Spear, applying an abdominal stretch. Cena powered out though, and the two started to brawl once again. It was now Cena's turn to gain the momentum, as he leveled Edge with a clothesline, before hitting a fisherman's suplex. When Edge rose Cena went for a back-drop, sending Edge to the outside once again. Lita and Edge talked things over, and Edge came back in to the ring. Cena started beating on him, but Lita got up on the apron to distract the referee, allowing Edge to hit a low-blow. This was the advantage that Edge needed, as he took advantage. He hit all of his signature moves on Cena, and even almost had him tapping out to the Edgecator. Yet it was after he hit an implant DDT that he went for his finisher...the Spear. He ran towards Cena, but Cena hit a drop toe-hold, and tried to lock in the STFU! Edge crawled to the ropes and out of the ring. Cena went to chase, but Lita jumped up on the apron in front of him. Cena looked at Lita, shrugged, and tossed her into the ring. He picked her up for the FU...what the hell?..Cena got drilled by a Spear from Edge when he turned around! 1...2...3! Edge retains the Title! Edge celebrated with Lita afterwards, as a replay showed that he had crawled under the ring, coming out on the other side and surprising Cena!

Edge© def. John Cena via pinfall to retain the WWE Championship. [***1/4]

-----

JR: “Edge just retained his WWE Championship over John Cena! Damn...if that's not a controversial ending I don't know what is!”

King: “Controversial or not, Edge didn't cheat, JR! There's nothing that says he couldn't do that! Edge just outsmarted John Cena!”

[The entire McMahon/DX feud is recapped in a video package.]

JR: “And it's time for our main event folks! Degeneration X versus the McMahons...in a Street Fight!”

King: “I've just got one thing to say to you JR...are you ready?”

-----

Are You Ready?

[The music of Degeneration X hits, and Triple H and Shawn Michaels make their way down to the ring to the biggest ovation of the night. They enter the ring and grab microphones.]

Triple H: “Tonight, you people will get to see history. You'll see 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels, and 'The Game' Triple H take on Vince and Shane McMahon. But we won't be wrestling in any normal match, oh no. It's a street fight! Anything's legal! And we're Degeneration X, and we're crazy enough to use anything!”

Michaels: “After tonight, Vince, you won't be showing up on RAW anymore. RAW is, of course, broadcast at 9 PM Eastern Time on the USA Network.”

Triple H: “Enough of the cheap plugs there, Shawn. The people here live in Boston. Massachusetts don't want to hear it.”

[Triple H smiles as he gets a cheap pop.]

Michaels: “Alright...alright. I won't even plug the brand new Degeneration X t-shirt that I'm wearing. I've just got a question for you, Hunter. That question is...are you ready?”

Triple H: “I'm ready, man. I've been ready for months. But the question is...are they ready?”

[The crowd roars.]

Triple H: “I said Are....You....Ready?! [pop.] Then for the thousands in attendance, and for the millions watching at home, live, and only on pay per view....LLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO SUCK IT!”

[After the crowd has finished cheering, “No Chance” hits, and Vince and Shane come out to the ramp with chairs.]

-----

TAG TEAM STREET FIGHT:

DX immediately dropped their microphones and ran out of the ring and down the ramp, attacking Vince and Shane before they could use their chairs. The four men brawled all over the entrance way, with DX sending the McMahons into the guard-rails. Shawn and Triple H then grabbed the chairs, and started hitting the McMahons with them. Vince started to bleed heavily quite early, while Shane only did a little. The Degenerates started having a little fun, searching under the ring for weapons. They got out some trash-cans, and started smashing them over the boss's heads. Then, with a smile, they threw the McMahons over the barricade and into the crowd. They brawled up the aisle, with them, hitting them with the trash cans and their fists. They went around the arena, and had several funny spots, mostly involving the use of food as weapons. When DX went back down near the ring though, and threw the McMahons over the barricade again, they were struck from behind by the Spirit Squad! The Squad tossed DX into the ring, as the McMahons slowly recovered. Vince and Shane got in a few good hits on DX with some weapons, busting Michaels and Helmsley open. They got a bit too cocky though, as when Shane tried to hit some Sweet Chin Music on Michaels, HBK ducked and Shane hit Kenny in the face! DX started making a comeback, sending all the members of the Spirit Squad out of the ring. The McMahons tried to plead with the Degenerates, but they showed no mercy, continuing to beat on them with weapons. Finally, after beating up the Spirit Squad some more too, DX brought out the big guns. They set up a two tables outside the ring, and after messing around a bit, sent Shane McMahon crashing through one with a suplex! This left the boss himself left in the ring, Vince McMahon. DX continued to use various weapons on him, whipping the chairman with a belt among others. After a couple minutes of this, Shawn Michaels began tuning up the band. Triple H helped Vince get up, allowing Michaels to hit him with some Sweet Chin Music! Triple H then picked up Vince, hit the Pedigree on a steel chair, and pinned him for the win! DX wasn't done though, as they picked up Vince, took him to the outside, and sent him through the other table!

Degeneration X def. The McMahons via pinfall. [***1/2]

-----

JR: “They've done it! Degeneration X has finally gotten their revenge on Vince McMahon, and his son Shane!”

King: “Just look at Mr. McMahon JR, he's a mess! This isn't right!”

JR: “He had it coming to him, King. After all of the months of torment, Degeneration X has defeated Vince McMahon...once and for all! What a night!”

[The show closes with an image of Degeneration X celebrating. Vince and Shane lay next to eachother in the wreckage caused by the tables, and the Spirit Squad are layed out around the ring. DX does a few crotch-chops over the fallen boss as the show fades.]

-----

Quick Match Results

Carlito© def. Shelton Benjamin

Ken Kennedy def. Bobby Lashley©

Randy Orton def. Harry Smith

Chavo Guerrero def. Rey Mysterio

Brothers of Destruction def. Khali & Daivari

Ric Flair def. Mick Foley

King Booker© def. Batista

Edge© def. John Cena

Degeneration X def. The McMahons

-----

Prediction Contest Results

Lucas Jackson – 45/100

RKOwnage – 70/100

Grapehead – 65/100

Panni1 – 55/100

Mister Kennedy – 75/100

OSC – 45/100

Now That's Cool – 75/100

CMPunker – 60/100

Trey – 35/100

ghetto_smurf – 50/100

thecageeffect – 45/100

watts63 – 45/100

Notes: Congratulations to Mister Kennedy/Evansfan1 and Now That's Cool for winning the prediction contest. I'm going to have to find a way to break the tie that you two have. PM me sometime next week about it. Anyway, there's SummerSlam. The shows will probably be coming out a bit slow for a little while, as I have football starting tomorrow (and for the next two weeks) from 7:30 until 3:00! Thanks for reading, though.

Edited by Thatz

WWE News and Notes - August 14th, 2006

-SummerSlam went over well with both the fans and the wrestlers backstage. There were no injuries from the event, although Mick Foley and Ric Flair did need a couple of stitches.

-Rumors are circulating about the future of Vince McMahon on WWE Television. It is expected that he will take some time off soon, as his storyline with Degeneration X is likely finished. How soon, however, remains up in the air.

-Although WWE hasn't issued a formal press release, it also seems almost sure that the Great Khali will be released soon, as officials were not pleased with his work, and the fans were not reacting to him as planned. Daivari will likely get some time off before coming back as a wrestler instead of a manager.

-The future of Degeneration X at this moment is not known. There are some who wish for the angle to continue, as it has been bringing in big money, and others who wish for it to end before it gets stale. It will most likely be left to the decision of Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

-In ratings news, RAW ended up with a 4.2 rating this week, up from the previous show. ECW got a 2.5 as Rob Van Dam beat the Big Show in an extreme rules match, ending their feud. Smackdown! scored a 2.9 heading into SummerSlam, headlined by Batista & Rey Mysterio defeating King Booker & Chavo Guerrero.

-Stephanie McMahon-Levesque and her child, Aurora Rose, are in good condition after the birth.

-WWE has announced that a Roddy Piper DVD will be coming out this fall, so it seems likely that he will appear on RAW or Smackdown! later in the year to get some time to help promote it.

-Rene Dupree made his return to RAW last Monday, losing to Umaga and sporting quite a different look.

-In a special HeAT match before the SummerSlam event, Gregory Helms defended the Cruiserweight Championship against Jamie Noble.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – AUGUST 14th, 2006

The Tale of Two Legends

[“Woooo!” is heard throughout the arena as RAW begins, and the “Nature Boy” Ric Flair makes his way down to the ring, bandages on his head. He smiles as he enters the ring, takes a microphone from Lilian, and removes his coat.]

Flair: “Wooo! Last night, at SummerSlam...the Nature Boy was victorious once again! Wooo!”

[Flair struts around the ring to cheers.]

Flair: “I went through hell last night, I'll admit. That cage...that wasn't easy. It was brutal, it was bloody, and it was hard. But when all was said and done, and the cage had been raised back to the skies, it was me who walked out of there with my arm raised. I beat Mick Foley so bad that he couldn't even tap out! I beat him in a hardcore match of the likes that he'd never seen before! You talked all along about how tough you were, how hardcore you were. None of that mattered Mick. You just didn't want it as bad as I did. I wanted to win more than anything! I put my body, my heart, and my soul on the line, and it all payed off. But you put your body on the line too last night, Mick. Your blood was mixed with mine. So Foley...come on down here.”

[After a slight pause, Mick Foley's music hits and he comes down to a good ovation from the fans. He's heavily bandaged, and he's walking with a limp. He enters the ring and stands across from Flair, as Flair tosses him a microphone.]

Foley: “What do you want, Ric? Do you want to hurt me more? You beat me, I'll admit. You beat me at my own game, and dammit...you proved to me that you're the greatest wrestler of all-time. But you know what else you proved to me? You proved to me that I'm nothing more than a joke! I thought that I was something, Ric. I thought that I was a legend! But when I lost to you last night, my reputation went right down the drain!”

[Foley turns to leave, but Flair pulls him back.]

Flair: “You want to know why I called your ass down here? Do ya? I called you down here because I want to shake your hand. Yeah, that's right. I want to shake your hand. Because you proved something to me in that match last night. You proved to me that not only could you go toe-to-toe with the greats, but that you are one of the greats. You are a legend. Mick Foley, Cactus Jack, whoever...you're a legend. Yeah, you lost the match. But people are going to remember it. They're going to remember what you, and what I did. And for that, I respect you. You're a good man in the Nature Boy's book.”

[Flair extends his hand, as Foley looks at it uneasily. After a few moments, Foley slowly reaches out and shakes Flair's hand. The crowd applauds as the two shake hands, and Flair slowly breaks away and exits the ring, leaving Foley alone. The crowd gives Foley a standing ovation as he poses in the turnbuckle and does his “bang bang” taunt, and the show goes to a break.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Rory McAllister vs Mitch

The Spirit Squad were (of course) at ringside with their teammate, as was Robbie McAllister. Rory tried to use his pure strength to put away the athletic Mitch, but Mitch seemed to be able to evade most of Rory's moves early on. Whenever Rory would get in a few hits, Mitch would simply escape to safety outside the ring. The tide was turned when the Spirit Squad's plan to cheat failed. Nicky distracted the referee, and the Squad tried to ambush Rory on the outside, only to have Robbie nail them with chair-shots! Mitch looked on in shock from the ring, allowing Rory to roll him up for the win.

Rory McAllister def. Mitch via pinfall. [*1/4]

The Arrival

[A limo is shown pulling up to the arena, and the driver exits and opens the passenger's door. Shane McMahon steps out slowly, trailed by his father Vince, who's leaning on a cane due to his match last night. The crowd boos at them, as they look around.]

Vince: “Come on Shane, I'm going to that damn ring, and I'm going to get my hands on DX!”

???: “No you won't.”

[Vince turns around and stares at the limo, where the voice came from. The camera reveals Linda McMahon getting out, and going over to Vince.]

Vince: “What did you say?”

Linda: “No, you won't. You're not going to get your hands on Degeneration X. You're going to go down to that ring later tonight, you're going to make your announcement, and you're going to leave.”

[Vince's face is red, but he doesn't say anything to his wife. He simply gulps, nods his head, and begins walking down the hall.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Charlie Haas vs Rob Conway

Haas and Conway wrestled a pretty good, yet short technical match. Matt Striker was on the outside, trying his best to interfere on behalf of his partner, Rob Conway. Conway showed some skill on the mat, but Haas shone here, using his amateur-background to out-wrestle Conway. Conway nearly won the match with a butterfly suplex, but Haas kicked out. He made a comeback, hitting several high-impact moves on Conway before locking in the Haas of Pain for the submission. His celebration was short-lived however, as Conway and Striker quickly beat him down. As they left, Haas was alone in the ring.

Charlie Haas def. Rob Conway via submission. [**1/4]

The Future Meets

[Randy Orton is shown walking backstage, where he bumps into Harry Smith. The two stare eachother down.]

Orton: “Well, well, well...if it isn't Harry Smith. Good job last night, man. You almost, and I do mean almost beat me! I mean, if you would've hit that Running Powerslam, that would've been it for the Legend Killer! But you didn't hit it, Smith. I hit your ass with the RKO, and I killed the legend of your father, the legacy of the Hart Family!”

[smith looks Orton in the eye, then extends his hand.]

Orton: “What?”

Smith: “Listen, Orton. You didn't kill any legends last night. I'm still standing here. Yeah, you beat me. Nice job. But that's not going to stop me. I'm going to uphold my name here in WWE. For years we've been the best wrestlers alive, and we've been men of honor. So, here it is. Good job, good match. It's alright that I lost. I just want to let you know that some day, when the time is right, I'll be coming for you.”

[Orton looks at Smith, and looks at his hand, before walking away.]

The Samoan Open #3

[Armando Alejandro Estrada is in the ring, with a microphone in his hand.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! Last week, the second entrant of the Samoan Open was beaten. And this week, we shall see the Samoan Open...numero treis! Haha! I have 'eard that we have a special challenger this week, eh?”

[Armando is interrupted, as some old music begins to play...and out walks the Godfather with his ho's! He gets in the ring, and actually gets some cheers.]

Estrada: “Do ju think tha this is all a joke? You come in here with your women? This es no comico. For you are fighting the Samoan Bulldozer....Uuuuuumaga!”

[umaga's music hits and he comes down to the ring, ready for the match.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga vs The Godfather

The Godfather didn't even really get a chance to put up a fight, as he was immediately attacked by Umaga. Umaga picked him up and threw him to the outside, and he landed next to the screaming ho's. Estrada threw the Godfather back into the ring, and Umaga continued to attack him with stiff strikes. After hitting a few power moves, Umaga hit the Samoan Spike, and the match was over. Umaga again threw the Godfather out of the ring after the match, as Armando looked on and laughed.

Umaga def. The Godfather via pinfall. [1/4*]

Maria, Nitro, and Melina

[Maria is standing backstage, with Melina and Johnny Nitro.]

Maria: “Hello, you two wanted to say something?”

Melina: “You're right I do, Maria! Last night at SummerSlam, Carlito beat Shelton Benjamin to retain the Intercontinental Title. Now, it doesn't really matter who won the match. Just that Benjamin is done with that belt! He's had his chance, and now it's time for someone else to get a title shot. And that man is right here, Johnny Nitro! But that's not all, Maria. I'm here to make another challenge. I'm the sexiest, most talented diva here on RAW. And Mickie James...I want that Women's Championship!”

[Nitro nods and Melina kisses him. They start getting perhaps a little bit too into it though, and they are interrupted by Carlito himself!]

Carlito: “Ew. You two are really disgusting, you know that? I mean, making out in front of all these fans? Get a room, man. And as for your little challenge...no way. I don't just hand out title shots like they're candy or something. If you want to fight Carlito, you have to earn your shot. So how about this. I know someone else who also wants a title shot, someone named Trish Stratus! So how about tonight, you two team up to take on Trish and Carlito! And if you somehow manage to win, you'll get your title shots. And that...that's cool.”

[Carlito takes a bite of an apple and pats the Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder, before walking off and leaving an angry Melina and Johnny Nitro.]

Vince's Announcement

[“No Chance” hits, and Vince McMahon makes his way down to the ring slowly, with Shane trailing. He gingerly enters the ring, taking a microphone. The crowd boos him as he stands in the middle of the ring.]

Vince: “I'm sure that you all know that last night at SummerSlam, my son, Shane and I were...defeated by Degeneration X.”

[The crowd roars, as Vince looks displeased. Vince points to the cane that he is leaning on, due to the mentioned match.]

Vince: “And as you can see, after the street fight I am no longer capable of running a brand like RAW, nor a feud with Degeneration X. Therefore I come here tonight to make an...anouncement. Starting on next week's edition of RAW, I will no longer be making frequent appearances on the brand. Because of this, RAW is in need of someone to take charge, someone to run the show with the intelligence and personality that it requires. There aren't many people like that, and there damn well isn't anyone exactly like me. But we do have something close. Beginning next week, the new general manager of RAW will be noneother than my son, Shane McMahon!”

[shane gets a mixed, yet loud reaction. He takes the microphone, as Vince looks on sadly.]

Shane: “Starting next week, things are going to be run differently around here. I'm Shane McMahon, and I don't take any crap from anybody! If you've got a problem with me, you say it right to my face! Starting next week, a new era begins on RAW!”

[As Shane stops, the lights go off in the arena, and DX's music plays! The crowd goes insane as Shawn Michaels and Triple H appear on the entrance ramp.]

Michaels: “A new era, huh? It doesn't look too different to me. We'll see how you run things, Shane O'Mac. Don't forget that we kicked your ass last week, and if you try and screw us over anymore, we'll more than gladly do it again!”

Triple H: “But that's not what we came out here to say. We came out here tonight to tell you that next week on RAW, we're going to have ourselves a little celebration like only Degeneration X can. Last night was the biggest party of the summer, hey? Well next week, it's going to be the biggest party of all-time.”

[DX's music plays as they do a few crotch-chops, and the McMahon family looks on in disgust.]

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH:

Carlito© & Trish vs Nitro & Melina

All four of these people are good wrestlers, and their styles actually meshed pretty well, leading to a good mixed tag match. As lots of tags were made, they kept the match fast-paced and interesting. Melina continued to show her talent as a wrestler, dominating Trish, as Carlito took it to Nitro. Nitro was hit with a nice moonsault from Carlito for a near-fall, but Melina broke it up. Later in the match Trish seemed to have it won, hitting Melina with the Stratusfaction, only to have Mickie James run into the ring and start attacking Melina! The referee immediately called for the bell, as Nitro threw Mickie off and escaped with Melina. He smirked as he helped Melina up the entrance ramp, knowing that Mickie's interference had earned them their title shots.

Johnny Nitro & Melina def. Carlito© & Trish Stratus via disqualification. [**3/4]

The World's Greatest Tag Team?

[Maria is standing backstage, with Charlie Haas.]

Maria: “Charlie, earlier tonight you were attacked by Rob Conway and Matt Striker...they beat you up last week too! What's the deal?”

Haas: “To be honest, Maria, I'm sick of their crap. I'm a better wrestler than both of them. They think that they're special because they're a tag team? I'm a tag team specialist. I've teamed with my brother, I've teamed with Shelton Benjamin, hell...I even teamed with a freakin' stylist. And I won gold with all of them. You want to play the numbers game? Fine. Next week, I'm coming for you guys. And I'm bringing somebody with me. Be ready, guys.”

[Haas leaves the area, leaving Maria and everyone else wondering who he's speaking of.]

An Unforgiving Challenger

[Edge's music plays, and he comes down to the ring. He has the WWE Championship over his shoulder, Lita around his arm, and a smug look on his face. He laughs and kisses Lita as he enters the ring.]

Edge: “Last night, the Rated R Superstar did what he promised. I beat John Cena, right in his home town!”

[The crowd boos the Champion.]

Edge: “I said all along that Cena was nothing more than a joke, and last night, I proved it! Cena had you all thinking that he was going to win, thinking that he actually had a chance. But what happened? I outsmarted him! That's the difference between Cena and I. He thinks with his fists, and that gets him into trouble. I think with my head! Just look back to January. I used my Money in the Bank title shot at the opportune time, and it paid off! And here I stand now, before you all, as the WWE Champion.”

[Edge is quickly cut off, as Cena's music hits, and he comes down to the ring to a good pop. He gets right up in Edge's face.]

Cena: “You outsmarted me? Are you kidding me, man? Not only did you use your little slut here to distract me, but you went under the ring and got me from behind! And you're out here acting like that's some kind of glorious win or something? Please, dog. You know you can't beat me! You're the joke, Edge.”

Edge: “I'm a joke, am I, Cena? Does this WWE Championship on my shoulder look like a joke? No. It's a symbol. It means that I'm the best wrestler here in WWE! I'm better than you, I'm better than Booker T., I'm better than Rob Van Dam, anyone! Anyone that you can name, I've got them beat.”

Cena: “You do, do you?”

Edge: “You're damn right I do. There's nobody who can beat the Rated R Superstar!”

Cena: “Well for being so damn invincible...you seem to lose an awful lot, man. I mean, I beat you at the Royal Rumble...you lost to RVD at Vengeance...”

Edge: “Just what the hell do you want, Cena? I'm sick of hearing your crap. Why the hell are you out here anyway? Trying to steal my spotlight again?”

[Cena smirks, as Edge looks irritated.]

Cena: “I'm here for a little challenge, dog. You beat me for the belt, I beat you for the belt. I retained, you retained. It's time that we settle this thing, once and for all. I think that it's time that we find out just who the better man really is!”

Edge: “Oh yeah? Just what do you have in mind? I'm the WWE Champion, I call the shots!”

Cena: “This thing between you and me aint gonna end in anything other than blood, man. And I've come up with a way that's good for both of us. Sunday, September 17th, we've got a little event called Unforgiven. And, just like how SummerSlam happened to be where I lived...this is at your home court. Toronto, Ontario, Canada! And we won't be having any normal wrestling match. It's going to be me versus you in the ring. There's gonna be weapons. There's gonna be blood. And there's going to be a clear winner. Because you can't cheat in this match. You can't steal a pin. You can't draw a disqualification. The only way that you can win, is by beating the living hell out of the other guy until he can't even get up to his feet! Edge, at Unforgiven, it's going to be me against you. And I promise you that I will be the Last...Man...Standing. Word Life!”

[Cena does his taunt and exits the ring to his music, as Edge mouths “you're on!” in the ring. The final shot of RAW is one from behind Cena on the entrance ramp, showing him staring down the WWE Champion.]

Quick Match Results

Rory McAllister def. Mitch

Charlie Haas def. Rob Conway

Umaga def. The Godfather

Carlito© & Trish def. Nitro & Melina

WWE News and Notes - August 21st, 2006

-The feud between Ric Flair and Mick Foley is officially over, as evidenced by their handshake on RAW last Monday. Both men are said to have enjoyed the storyline, as they were able to put on two great matches and have fun with the angles. Flair was likely put over because he is the more active of the two. Foley will be taking some time off, and likely won't reappear on WWE programming for a while.

-The decision to take Vince McMahon off of the air for a while was, of course, by Vince himself. The McMahon family still does have a presense on television though, as Shane is the new General Manager. Shane, although opposed to being a regular character a while ago, has since changed his mind, as he has taken a more active role backstage as well.

-The Great Khali has officially been released from his contract. Officials were not happy with the crowd response to him, nor with his ring work. Daivari will remain offscreen for a while before returning to Smackdown! later this fall.

-Rumor has it that Chris Benoit will be returning to Smackdown! in early September, and will be given a high-profile match at October's No Mercy event.

-In ratings news, RAW ended up with a 4.2 rating this week, a repeat rating from last week. ECW got a steady 2.4, and Smackdown! recieved a 2.8 rating.

-Charlie Haas will be in a tag team once again, starting on Monday when he takes on Rob Conway and Matt Striker with his new ally. It is rumored that someone from OVW will be called up to work with Haas, as WWE feels that Shelton Benjamin is too good for a tag team.

-A new team recently debuted on Smackdown!. KC James and Aaron "The Idol" Stevens got called up from OVW, and are being managed by Michelle McCool.

-The Samoan Open is expected to continue for quite some time, until someone finally defeats Umaga and gets a big gain from it. Expect past stars to be brought in, and possibly talent from other brands.

-The results for HeAT are as follows: Matt Striker def. Eugene...Mickie James def. Victoria...Shelton Benjamin def. Val Venis.

IPB Image

WWE RAW – AUGUST 21st, 2006

The New General Manager

[“Here Comes the Money!” Shane McMahon's music hits, and the new RAW GM makes his way down to the ring to a mixed reaction. He looks excited as he stands in the center of the ring.]

Shane: “Welcome to a new era beginning here tonight on RAW! I'm Shane McMahon, and I am going to be the best General Manager that this brand has ever seen! Although it's unfortunate that my father can no longer run the show, I'm going to make a guarantee that it'll be better than anything that you've ever seen here on the USA Network.”

[The crowd gives Shane a slight pop.]

Shane: “I'm not going to listen to anyone when I'm in charge. If you want something, then you'd better damn well earn it! Speaking of earning things...I've got a few announcements to make tonight. The first is that up next, we'll be seeing Robbie McAllister take on Nicky of the Spirit Squad. Since Rory beat Mitch last week, if Robbie can pick up a win here tonight, then next week the Highlanders will get a match for the World Tag Team Titles!”

[shane gets a small pop for this announcement.]

Shane: “Also, last week we saw a mixed tag match between Carlito, Trish Stratus, Johnny Nitro, and Melina. As Nitro and Melina won the match, they will be getting respective title shots. Nitro will be getting his match on September 17th, at Unforgiven. But Melina, on the other hand, will get her match tonight! That's right, later tonight you'll see Melina challenge Mickie James for the Women's Championship! Why? Because I'm Shane O'Mac!”

[shane leaves the ring after making his announcements, getting another mixed reaction.]

SINGLES MATCH:

Robbie McAllister vs Nicky

Robbie seemed not to have too much trouble with Nicky, as Rory had his back. He helped protect Robbie from the other members of the Spirit Squad, as the action went on in the ring. Nicky got in a few nice moves to show off his athleticism, but Robbie's odd strength was the deciding factor. After hitting a stiff clothesline on Nicky, Robbie was able to pick him up and hit a powerbomb to get a three-count. The Highlanders celebrated up the ramp after the match, as the Spirit Squad looked upset as they tended to Nicky in the ring.

Robbie McAllister def. Nicky via pinfall. [3/4*]

Who's the Mystery Partner?

[When RAW returns from a break, Matt Striker and Rob Conway are in the ring. Striker has a microphone. Charlie Haas's music, and he makes his way out from the back, alone.]

Striker: “What's the matter, Charles? Couldn't you find yourself a tag team partner for our match tonight? I guess we'll just have to make it a handicap match!”

[Haas grabs the microphone.]

Haas: “I've got a partner, you piece of crap! I'm just here to introduce him to you, and to everyone else!”

[Conway and Striker laugh, seeming to ask where he is.]

Haas: “A few years ago I formed a team with an athletic friend of mine, someone named Shelton Benjamin. We were two straight-up, pure wrestlers, and we dominated. We won the WWE Tag Team Titles twice in less than a year! But as time went on, we were forced to split up. We went our seperate ways. Which brings us here to today, where I've got a new partner! This guy isn't some big giant, or some high-flyer. He's a real fighter! He's got an amateur boxing record of 103 wins and only 1 loss! And when you combine his fighting and my amateur wrestling, you've got the deadliest tag team on RAW! Together, we're the Shooters! Ladies and gentlemen, Elijah Burke!”

[Elijah Burke, a young, athletic man comes walking down to the ring to a small reaction. He's wearing trunks similar to the ones that Haas has one. Haas goes to slap his hand, but is blindsided by Conway, and the match begins!]

TAG TEAM MATCH:

The Shooters vs Striker & Conway

Conway held the advantage early on, having attacked Haas from behind. Once Haas recovered though, he started showing what he had talked about earlier. He locked Conway in all kinds of holds on the mat, showing off his amateur skills. When he'd had enough, he tagged in Burke, as Conway tagged in Striker. Burke looked very impressive, fighting as if he had some MMA experience. He used a ton of strikes, and several submissions as well. After rocking Striker with a kick to the arm, he hit the stroke (Elijah Experience) and locked in a scissored armbar for the submisssion victory. Conway looked pissed as Striker lay in pain after the match, and he walked out on his partner as the winners celebrated in the ring.

The Shooters def. Striker & Conway via submission. [*3/4]

The Last Man Standing

[When RAW returns, John Cena's music plays and he comes down to the ring to a good pop. He enters the ring and and grabs a microphone.]

Cena: “I'm sure that you all heard the news. The news that Edge beat me at SummerSlam. And the news that on September 17th, at Unforgiven, we'll be facing off one last time in a Last Man Standing Match! There won't be any sneaking around or cheating in this match, guys. It's going to be a straight-up fight! I'm going to beat the living hell out of Edge until he can't even think about standing up on his own! At Unforgiven, I will be the Last Man Standing!”

[Cena is interrupted as Edge's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring (with Lita) carrying the WWE Championship. He quickly takes a microphone.]

Edge: “Last Man Standing, eh? Do you think that really intimidates me, Cena? Do you think that having a Last Man Standing match at Unforgiven is going to be the thing that gets you this belt back? You don't make any sense, Cena. I mean, how does having a Last Man Standing match help you out in any way? You forget...I thrive in the hardcore environment. When I get a chance to do whatever I want, I become a whole different person. I've beaten Mick Foley, the Hardcore Legend. I've beaten Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk. I even beat Rob Van Dam for this belt in a ladder match! What have you done, Cena? Get the fans to boo you even more? Oh yeah, you know they are. Because they know the truth about you. You can't wrestle! You can talk all you want about your chain gang and how you love to fight and all that crap, but none of that matters. What matters is that at Unforgiven, I'm going to destroy you! I'm sick of you taking the spotlight while I, Edge, am clearly the best wrestler on RAW. I'm sick of you beating opponent after opponent. You're going to get what's coming to you at Unforgiven, when I break you in half!”

[Cena looks pissed, but he holds back.]

Cena: “That's it? You've come out here to tell me that you're a good hardcore wrestler, and that some people don't like me? That's what you don't understand...I don't care. I don't care if I can't do a ton of wrestling moves. I don't care if not everyone in the arena buys my t-shirts. I care about one thing in this business, and one thing only. And that's the WWE Championship you've got over your shoulder! That's why I win my matches, man. I don't cheat. I just do everything that I can, sacrificing my body if need be! And that's what's going to happen at Unforgiven. Yeah, you might knock me down. Yeah, you might bust me open. But I'm going to get up, shake it off, and kick your ass!”

[Cena drops the mic and rolls out of the ring, taunting Edge as he walks up the ramp.]

The Samoan Open #4

[Armando Alejandro Estrada is in the ring, with a microphone in his hand.]

Estrada: “Todos! Por Favor! Escuhame! Everybody listen, haha, to me. In case ju haven't heard the news, my name es Armando...Alejandro...Estrrrrrrrrada! Haha! Last week ju saw another man fail in the Samoan Open, when the 'Godfather' was squashed like a bug! Who's dumb enough to answer the challenge this week, eh?”

[some pretty unfamiliar music plays, and down comes Johnny Parisi to the ring! The fans don't really know who he is, as evidenced by the lack of reaction when he enters.]

Estrada: “Como te llamas?”

Parisi: “What?”

Estrada: “And who are you?”

Parisi: “My name's Johnny Parisi! I've been on the RAW roster for months, and I've never even gotten a shot! I'm sick and tired of sitting back and waiting! I'm going to make a name for myself right here, tonight!”

Estrada: “You? Are ju kidding me? Nobody's even heard of you! You aren't facing any regular man, Mr....Parisi. You're facing the undefeated Samoan Bulldozer....Uuuuuumaga!”

[umaga's theme plays and he comes down to the ring, as Parisi gets ready in the ring.]

SAMOAN OPEN MATCH:

Umaga vs Johnny Parisi

Parisi went right at Umaga with everything that he had early on, as he clearly had nothing to lose. He seemed like he actually might break-out here, but Umaga recovered from the initial assault, and starting bringing the pain. He hit a ton of chops on Parisi, before picking him up and hitting a powerslam. Umaga then picked up Parisi and put him in a bear-hug, squeezing the life out of him. After ramming Parisi's head into the corner a few times, Umaga hit the Samoan Spike on Parisi for the three-count and the win. He threw Parisi from the ring afterwards, as Armando celebrated and raised his arm high.

Umaga def. Johnny Parisi via pinfall. [1/2*]

SINGLES MATCH:

Shelton Benjamin vs Val Venis

Venis didn't really have much a chance here, as Shelton looked especially motivated. He executed various moves with amazing agility, not letting Venis get in hardly any offense. After slipping out of a suplex attempt by Venis, Benjamin hit him with a wicked german suplex. He followed that up with a sick enziguri to Venis's head, and then hit the T-Bone Suplex to pick up the win in a surprisingly short match.

Shelton Benjamin def. Val Venis via pinfall. [1/2*]

RAW's Top Athlete

[shelton Benjamin's music hits, and he asks for a microphone, not even celebrating his win.]

Benjamin: “My name is Shelton Benjamin. For years I've trained my body, wrestling and working out all the time to become the best athlete on RAW! I've beaten Triple H, I've pinned Ric Flair. I'm a three-time Intercontinental Champion! And still, I get no recognition! People are more interested in seeing some damn wannabe rapper, or some 'Deadman,' rather than watching true talent! In this ring, there's nobody who can compete with me!”

[benjamin is interruped, as Harry Smith's music begins playing. Smith comes out on the stage to a small pop.]

Smith: “Did I just hear you say that nobody can compete with you in that ring? [nod.] Are you kidding? Correct me if I'm wrong man, but didn't you get beaten at SummerSlam by Carlito? And please, you call yourself the best pure wrestler? Do you know who I am? I'm Harry Smith! No matter what you do, you'll never be able to stand up to the training that I put myself through every day, just so that I can live up to my family's legacy!”

Benjamin: “Listen, kid. I know you think that you're all tough 'cuz you had a big match at SummerSlam and all, but you aint proved nothin' here on RAW. And you think that you can beat me? Nobody beats me.”

Smith: “You're right, Shelton. I haven't really done much. But you know what? That's going to change. Sooner or later I'm going to be the best wrestler in the world, and there's nobody that can stop me. So what do you say we settle this? Me and you, one-on-one, at Unforgiven. We'll find out who RAW's best athlete really is, when I pin you 1-2-3!”

[benjamin accepts the offer by nodding his head, as RAW goes to a break.]

Double Champions? That's Not Cool!

[Maria is standing backstage, with Melina and Johnny Nitro.]

Maria: “Melina, tonight you have a chance to win your first championship on RAW, when you take on Mickie James! What are your thoughts?”

Melina: “I have a chance? I have more than a chance, Maria. It's going to happen. There isn't a single diva here that's hotter than me, and there's not one here that's a better wrestler than me. I will win the Women's Championship here tonight!”

Maria: “And Johnny Nitro, earlier tonight Shane McMahon announced that you'd be wrestling Carlito at Unforgiven. So you'll have a chance at your first belt on RAW too!”

Nitro: “Carlito...heh. Carlito, you know that I'm better than you. You know that the only reason that you won that belt was because it was a triple threat match. You can't beat me one-on-one. At Unforgiven, I will beat you for the Intercontinental Title. And Melina and I will be the most glorious pair on RAW!”

[Nitro kisses Melina, as the show cuts to the ring.]

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:

Mickie James© vs Melina w/Johnny Nitro

Melina was able to show off her in-ring skills some more tonight, and she looked pretty good against the Champion. The match went back-and-forth early on, with Nitro occasionally helping Melina get a slight advantage. After a few minutes, Nitro started to interfere more and more. When he placed Melina's foot on the ropes to prevent a pinfall, someone had seen enough. Carlito ran down to the ring, and starting attacking Johnny Nitro! The two started fighting on the outside, distracting the referee. While all of this was going on, Trish Stratus made her way down, entered the ring, and hit Melina in the face with a Chick Kick! Mickie James covered Melina, and the referee turned around to count the fall! Nitro quickly entered the ring after the match, as he looked on in anger as Carlito, Trish Stratus, and Mickie James walked up the ramp.

Mickie James© def. Melina via pinfall to retain the WWE Women's Championship. [**1/4]

The Biggest Party...Crashed?

[DX's music hits, and the duo make their way down to the ring to a huge pop from the crowd. They enter the ring pose for a bit, and then take microphones.]

Triple H: “Tonight all of you people are going to witness the greatest party of all-time! There's going to be women, there's going to be alcohol, and there's going to be the two biggest Degenerates in WWE, Shawn Michaels and Triple H! My only question for you is...are you ready? [pop.] I said Are....You....Ready?! [pop.] Then for the thousands in attendance, and for the millions watching at home....llllllllet's get ready to suck it!”

[Triple H and Shawn Michaels throw up the X as the crowd cheers. They laugh and walk around the ring as the crowd goes nuts. Finally, Michaels stop and looks at Triple H.]

Michaels: “So...where's the party?”

[Triple H looks at Michaels curiously.]

Triple H: “What do you mean?”

Michaels: “I mean...where's the party? Where's all the stuff?”

[Triple H looks at Michaels, then his face goes blank.]

Triple H: “I um...I thought that you...you didn't plan it?”

Michaels: “Me? Why would I? You always plan the parties!”

Triple H: “But I thought that you were going to do it! People like me are busy, you know that. We've got kids and stuff!”

[Michaels smirks at the inside joke.]

Michaels: “Well I didn't plan anything...ah, who cares? We're Degeneration X! We do whatever we want? We used to go out all the time without a plan! We promised these people a party...let's give 'em one!”

Triple H: “You people...do you want a party?”

[The crowd cheers, as Triple H smirks.]

Michaels: “Alright, it's settled then. Let's-”

[Michaels suddenly stops speaking, as a sick sound echoes throughout the arena. Michaels goes down hard from a chair-shot, as Randy Orton stands in the ring, having snuck in! Triple H runs towards him, but Orton ducks, and drills him in the face too! Orton takes the chair and starts brutally attacking HBK with it, focusing in on his knee. After hitting Triple H again, Orton throws down the chair, and helps Shawn Michaels rise to his feet...only to plant him with an RKO! Orton rolls out of the ring, as Triple H crawls over over to his partner. The show ends with Orton posing on the entrance ramp, and Triple H staring him down while tending to Michaels.]

Quick Match Results

Robbie McAllister def. Nicky

The Shooters def. Striker & Conway

Umaga def. Johnny Parisi

Shelton Benjamin def. Val Venis

Mickie James© def. Melina

Notes: Not my best show, but whatever. I was mad that Burke got called up to Smackdown IRL, I had been planning on having him team with Haas for a while now. I'll be back to updating a bit more frequently now, as my football practices are shorter.

WWE News and Notes - August 21st, 2006

-The big news this week is that Shawn Michaels will be taking some time off for a while. The angle with Randy Orton at the end of RAW was a way to get him off-screen for a short time, so he can heal up nagging knee injuries. He is expected to return shortly after the Unforgiven PPV, where it seems likely we'll see Randy Orton take on Triple H.

-Shane McMahon is said to be enjoying his new role as the General Manager. It is expected that he will play a character with no real favorites for a while, before becoming a true heel or babyface later in the year.

-Following his match with Umaga on Monday night, Johnny Parisi was released. After months of jobbing on HeAT, management had no plans for him. Many backstage expect him to sign with TNA later, possibly reforming his team with Simon Diamond.

-Elijah Burke's debut on RAW went over well, and many see it as a sign that the tag division may be picking back up again. Although the main feud is between the Highlanders and the Spirit Squad, there are now several contenders for the belts.

-In ratings news, RAW scored a 4.1, down slightly. ECW scored a 2.3 and Smackdown! managed to pull off a 2.9.

-Harry Smith has been fitting in well backstage, as he is said to have a great attitude. If he does not get an ego like other young stars have in recent years, it is expected that he will get a big push in the future.

-As evidenced by him not appearing on RAW this week, Ric Flair is taking some time off. It is expected that he will return in October at the latest.

-The results for HeAT are as follows: Harry Smith def. Roderick Strong...Murdoch & Cade def. Venis & Viscera...Carlito© def. Rene Dupree.