Undertale

Ruki

2 hours ago, apsham said:

I think if you spend a certain amount at the bakesale as well, the spiders will inform her that you support the cause and the fight won't happen.

I only bought one thing. After awhile the fight ended, though.

Just started my second playthrough, doing the pacifist run.

I like how there are little changes, like at the beginning, Flowey isn't there BECAUSE I KILLED THAT ASSHOLE. And Toriel and Sans says some things saying you're familiar. And how when you use 'talk' in Toriel's fight it mentions that I killed her in my previous run.

Even your first play though, the game remembers things.

Asgore killed me in our first battle and the second battle I talked to him and he acknowledged that he killed me in our last battle.

Also, I get Undertale trading cards when playing the game and holy shit they sell for like 50 cents on Steam. I've sold three already and netted $1.50. I've almost recouped 1/4th of the price I paid just playing the game. 

The cards are crazy pricey, and I have no idea why. But I didn't complain when I made a decent chunk of the game back.

As for your spoiler...

I went and died to him on purpose 6 or 7 times. Because I thought that was the secret way to win the fight without having to fight. 7 kids, 7 deaths. Nope. I just had to soldier on.

35 minutes ago, Ruki said:

The cards are crazy pricey, and I have no idea why. But I didn't complain when I made a decent chunk of the game back.

As for your spoiler...

Hidden Content

I kind of hoped that, after the reveal, I had a way to sacrifice myself before the battle with Asgore. Because once you get there on a non-pacifist run... I just wanted to sacrifice myself for the monsters and not battle.

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help:

Spoiler

I'm in Snowdyne or whatever and fighting the Skeleton at the end and I keep trying not to fight him and doing the blue heart jumping game thing. Do I have to keep playing it until he unleashes his red attack or something because jesus christ is that game hard.

5 hours ago, LUKIE said:

I need some help:

Hide contents

I'm in Snowdyne or whatever and fighting the Skeleton at the end and I keep trying not to fight him and doing the blue heart jumping game thing. Do I have to keep playing it until he unleashes his red attack or something because jesus christ is that game hard.

Depends what you want to do.

If you want to spare him:

Just survive! Keep trying to talk to him and stuff. Eventually he will unleash his super ultimate attack, which you will jump over!

If you want to kill him:

Just attack him. He's not difficult at all.

But yeah, the game can be very difficult at times. I hope you bought/still have something from the Spider Bake Sale. 

Also, fuck, the genocide run. Make sure that is your 3rd and final run.

It's just so dark...makes me feel like a real asshole. But man, I love the way Chara (I think that's his name?) just moves forward towards people, not saying anything. Creepy little bastard.

Double also: I'm on the final boss of the genocide run. Fuck. I am getting my ass kicked so bad. This might take awhile...assuming I can do it at all. 

Genocide Final Boss

Sans, you are REALLY starting to try my patience. I like how after 12 deaths he's like "Let's just get to it"

But! I am getting better! I've gotten to the halfway point (I assume?), but then he starts unleashing those new fucking attacks? Damn. The one where he changes the gravity on the box messed with me

I am a quitter! I'm too old to spend the time to memorize and get the timing right just to maybe beat him. I'm happy that I was able to accomplish what I did.

And I do see why! A) Because it's hard as fuck and B) Because spoilers...

Because apparently if you do the genocide run before a pacifist run, Chara is actually in control of you or he has your soul or something....and he changes the post game stuff (either he will appear by your bed when you're sleeping OR the picture at the end he will replace you, and X's will cross out your friends faces, implying that he killed them). I don't want that! I don't want that at all!

On 01/02/2016 at 15:47, Ruki said:

I am a quitter! I'm too old to spend the time to memorize and get the timing right just to maybe beat him. I'm happy that I was able to accomplish what I did.

And I do see why! A) Because it's hard as fuck and B) Because spoilers...

Hidden Content

Well there's also the bit where if you'd tried to do genocide first, you would have given up when you had to

Spoiler

fight Sans, but yes, that too. <_<

Anyway, the fight against Sans is awesome and quite intentionally difficult (I should point out I've never even bothered to attempt it). Sans was already my favourite character before that, but the new dimension on the game's universe his dialogue in that battle adds, plus the fact he had all this power that he could have brought against you at any time but kept hidden until it was absolutely necessary (even if you kill Papyrus, he won't fight you unless it's a genocide run) makes him the best.

So how far did you get in the battle? Did you reach the sparing opportunity?

1 hour ago, the evil oversans said:

Well there's also the bit where if you'd tried to do genocide first, you would have given up when you had to

Hide contents

fight Sans, but yes, that too. <_<

Anyway, the fight against Sans is awesome and quite intentionally difficult (I should point out I've never even bothered to attempt it). Sans was already my favourite character before that, but the new dimension on the game's universe his dialogue in that battle adds, plus the fact he had all this power that he could have brought against you at any time but kept hidden until it was absolutely necessary (even if you kill Papyrus, he won't fight you unless it's a genocide run) makes him the best.

So how far did you get in the battle? Did you reach the sparing opportunity?

The best explanation I found of the Sans fight was "You're doing something terrible, so he's going to do something terrible to you." Plus, he did warn that the player will have a bad time. It was kind of very meta in a way. And I agree with you, Sans is hands down my favorite character...before that fight I just liked him, during? Loved him. He's just so badass and wonderful.

And I got a few turns past the sparing part. I think it takes 23 attacks to finally beat him...I think I got up to 17 or so. So close, and yet, so far. So, in my mind, Sans saved the world. Yay Sans!

I hope Toby Fox does another game. Because this experience was just wonderful.

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

Hidden Content

I hope Toby Fox does another game. Because this experience was just wonderful.

Spoiler

That's a good way of looking at it, actually. I remember when Overlady first played it and she was like 'Toriel is lovely, why can't I live with her like she wants me to?' and I said 'you can, just switch off the game now'. The persistence of the world outside the player's actions is a big theme.

Although, uh, make sure you reset the game so everyone's not dead <_<