EWR bulk morale editor

Ktama

Hi folks,

I've been a longtime player of EWR and enjoy running promotions with multiple brand splits. Unfortunately, this means morale drops pretty fast for open contract, main event and upper midcard talent who are only working one brand so miss most shows. To me, that's unrealistic, so I use Arsenic to fix it. But I got tired of manually going through to change everyone to 100 morale every week, so I wrote a simple program which edits the wrestler.dat file to change the morale stat for every worker in a save game to 100 at once.

I realised that other players might have the same problem so I parceled the code up and am sharing it in rough-and-ready form here on the off chance that someone else might have use for it. Of course, you might not have the same issue as me, but just want a quick way to max out everyone's morale at once.

Disclaimers:

- You'll almost certainly get all manner of anti-virus warnings when downloading and running this, much as you do with Arsenic etc. It's old-school vb code to match EWR itself and modifies dat files so raises all kinds of red flags. If you don't trust it and don't want to run it, no worries.

- As far as I know this has no harmful effects on the integrity of worker.dat files, but I've only tested it on my own game and can't say for sure - as always BACKUP YOUR FILES regularly, and certainly before using this!

- If anyone wants to host this or post it elsewhere please feel free.

- Don't use this with any files other than wrestler.dat from a save game (e.g. 's1', etc., not 'DATA').

- Morale will still decline as normal after use - just run it again whenever you need to.

- If there's interest in the community in other similar utilities for the game, let me know and I might take a look.

Download link is here: https://gofile.io/d/fVyJia

Alternate: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4fswzl82cemld8j/

EDIT: Thanks to @Mongo the Destroyer for noting that there are actually two morale stats - short-term (which shows in-game on lower difficulties) and a longer-term happiness stat that affects things like whether workers will negotiate with you. I've uploaded a new version 1.1, link above, which now maxes out both of those for all workers. One added benefit of this is that in one click you can now make all workers (including those who don't currently work for you) willing to negotiate with you, if they weren't already.

Cheers!

Edited by Ktama
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh where have you been for the last 20 years!?  I've been wanting this forever too.

....Until I figured out a couple months ago another workaround.  If you turn everyone into managers they still get the overness boosts from good matches (and moral raises from wrestling) without any moral drops if they don't appear on TV.  And managers can have managers, so I wonder if Ryland realized the separate rosters issue late in production and just made the game recognize managers as wrestlers.  I've been able to run feds with a lot of relationships blocking my firings by....just taking people off air and letting them happily sit out their contracts, lol.

But I have a question about your program.  Does it adjust *both* moral stats?  When I used to do it with Arsenic the general moral number would go up- but eventually workers would still wrestle like crap or not want to resign so there must be a hidden moral stat not covered by Arsenic

• Like 1

@Fat Frog Pleased to hear it's useful for you. I've reuploaded it and updated the link above - will see about somewhere more lasting to put it.

@Mongo the Destroyer The idea about making everyone a manager is valid, though I was never 100% certain that it didn't affect any match ratings or anything else behind the scenes. You're right about the possibility of two morale stats - I remember something about there being a hidden 'happiness' stat that is more long-term than morale. The program only affects the same visible morale stat as Arsenic at the moment, but I'll play around a bit and see if I can locate the value for 'happiness' and add that in.

EDIT: I've tracked down the long-term happiness stat and added a line to the code so it now fixes that, too. So this should keep all your workers happy long-term, as well as now enabling you to sign workers who were previously unwilling to negotiate with you. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by Ktama
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...