Sum 41's New Track

Steeb

I like most Sum 41 songs. Their new one is quite catchy and the video is quite humorous too, as are most Sum 41 videos. Whether people say they suck or not, they enjoy making music and are very fun loving guys. My friend has one of their DVD's and at some parts its hilarious. They show the different takes of the begining of the Still Waiting video with Will Sasso. Funny shit.

I like most Sum 41 songs. Their new one is quite catchy and the video is quite humorous too, as are most Sum 41 videos. Whether people say they suck or not, they enjoy making music and are very fun loving guys. My friend has one of their DVD's and at some parts its hilarious. They show the different takes of the begining of the Still Waiting video with Will Sasso. Funny shit.

You've plum gone crazy, as I dont think it sounds anything alike. I just listened to 'em back to back. I think you just don't like Sum 41 and are trying to rip on 'em in some away.

Unrelated, yet related matter: Sum 41 and Good Charlotte going on tour, anyone else might go?

I can appreciate Sum 41, as a lot of the people I know like them, and I agree, yes they do have a certain sellability, due to their catchiness, but at the same time, it's not like they haven't done it before. Sure, it may not be the exact riff, but say, for example, I changed a few notes in the opening riff to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'. It's still a rip-off. Even though most riffs and the like have already been made, it's still possible to write a perfectly capable song, without it sounding so much like another popular song, that is can be called a rip-off.

Besdies, SOAD > Sum 41. :P

BTW, Thanks Grifter. Glad you like the name.

Sum 41 are pretty damn good (nice guitar, good voice for it's genre, they have charisma, are original [not in the musical way, but in the videos/other crap way]) compared to other similar bands, and they are fun to watch, so.... why not? I like them