Pakistan in Australia

sahyder1

Pakestan is probably the most inconsistent team ever. After beating their arch-rivals India in India , and then getting Austrian upper-order out quickly in he first innings of both the test matches, they look like they've lost all hope. Yohanna, should've kept on an attacking field, instead of allowing Gilchrist to get in stride. Hell, even Gilesppie went on to score a 50.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pakestan is probably the most inconsistent team ever. After beating their arch-rivals India in India , and then getting Austrian upper-order out quickly in he first innings of both the test matches, they look like they've lost all hope. Yohanna, should've kept on an attacking field, instead of allowing Gilchrist to get in stride. Hell, even Gilesppie went on to score a 50.

• 3 weeks later...

Now Sami's injury is gonna be a huge factor for Pakistan in the VB series but I'm liking our play in this match so far. I wasn't too big of a fan of dropping Farhat for the series thought but Salman Butt keeps making a name for himself. I don't know what hte story is behind sitting Hameed today especially with Malik not being able to bowl. I'd much rather have Hameed in the lineup then Malik especially since Afridi and Razzaq were there in the bottom half and do pretty much the same thing Malik does. Bowling is gonna worry me today. Getting 40 overs out of Naved, Mahmood, Razzaq and Afridi is gonna gonna be scary. I also would've had Kamran sit and have Younis Khan in the lineup and behind the wickets as the keeper. All said, Younis Khan and Yasir Hameed should definitely have been in the lineup instead of Hafeez and Akmal/Malik.

Guest Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I switched on the T.V and the first shot I was was straight in the ground. WHACK!

Ofcourse, Flintoff can hit it much harder.

Or maybe he can't. i was talking to a Paki and he said it was because Afridi was a 'Patan'???

Ofcourse, I wasn't clear, so he said Rooney is like an English patan. And i don't watch football. So, can anyone clarify that term, please .

Yeah, I switched on the T.V and the first shot I was was straight in the ground. WHACK!

Or maybe he can't. i was talking to a Paki and he said it was because Afridi was a 'Patan'???

Ofcourse, I wasn't clear, so he said Rooney is like an English patan. And i don't watch football. So, can anyone clarify that term, please .

Guest Thomas Jefferson

1) It's Pakistani

2) It's Pathan (as in someone a member of a Pashto-speaking people of eastern Afghanistan and northwest Pakistan, constituting the majority population of Afghanistan.)

Guest Thomas Jefferson

How lucky is Australia? They should be thankful for that rain. Boy, was WI off to one heck of a start.

In other news, Shoaib Akhtar has been sent home and that pretty much brings an end to any major hopes for the Pakistani Bowling the rest of this series.

The rape stuff sounds like bullshit to me. No report was filed with the police. The alleged victim supposedly talked about it at some counselling session or something.

Shoaib was supposedly sent home to try and recover from the hamstring injury that's been bugging him for a long time. They want him to get fixed up before the India tour. He was also seen at a bar a couple of weeks ago and someone leaked the pics to the Indian media(I'm willing to bet any money that it was one of his friends who did that). The PCB has a strict policy against bars and strip clubs. But the official reasoning is still that his hamstring is still bothering him.

Sounds exactly like that to me. Fine reporting to the media, but alas, not the police.

Hayden's innings the other day was brutal, something you don't want to watch all that often. Very selfish. Have to hand it to Clarke, he kept the scoreboard ticking over.

Afridi has found his spot there, the last ten or so overs. He is useless in tests.

Edited by The Flamin Mongrel

Guest U.s_Champ_Mysterio

Australia and Pakistan was not musch of a contest good on Clarke for maing a hundred honourable mention to Afraidi and Gayle 2 sixes of 2 of Aussies best bowlers.

Aussies=20 points

Next Match: Australia vs West Indies 26th January 2005

Got to hand it to Pakistan, a very good win there. Although, with Younis Khan going home, Kamran Akmal has to come in right? Younis was hopeless with the gloves, and Kamran is more then handy with the bat. Haydos has to go, and his form is downright awful. Give him a couple of games with QLD, and give JL a go in the ODI arena. God knows he is a different players since his last one dayer.

Personally I prefer Younis Khan behind the wickets because it seems to be the only thing that gets him in the lineup these days. I know Kamran has to be the future behind the wickets but Younis isn't that old right now and I want his bat in the lineup regularly.

With that said, I think Pakistan is playing a solid match so far. We should put up a very good score considering the pitch.

Solid work against West Indies. 307 is definitely a great score at the WACA. I believe they missed the stadium record by just 2 runs. Youhana was brilliant. Gotta give credit to Naved as well. He bowled great.

Edit: I just read that Naved's father passed away during the match (ironically his son's best performance ever). Keep in mind that Younis Khan lost his father the game before. Naved is staying in Australia for the finals though.

Edited by sahyder1

Off to a solid start here in the first final even with us getting robbed on a couple of those LBW calls. I definitely want Pakistan chasing Australia in all 3 matches. I'm not too confident bowling second with this group. Razzaq allowing just 20 runs off of his 6 overs so far is rather surprising. Anjum allowing 26 runs off of 8 over is nice but gotta give a lot of credit to Naved once again allowing just 26 off of his 6 overs so far We got 3 wickets early but this partnership needs to be broken now.

Edited by sahyder1