2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Phil Jackson might come back and coach for the New York Knicks, if Isiah gave him the option. I think Jackson might be the one guy who could turn the Knicks around. They have the talent that they could trade for a true big man and not one who takes jump shots all the time.

What New York needs to do is get people with short term contracts in trades. It is not as easy as it sounds but if it means taking lesser people in a trade so that their contract expires sooner it is worth it to take the hit now so the Knicks can get closer to what seems like an impossible goal, getting under the salary cap. This would allow them to play the free agent market and not have to just to sign and trades and veteran minimum contracts. Adding Phil Jackson would bring almost a sense of stability to the Knicks. He never seems to leave a team until he wins a championship and Isiah wouldn't have the gall to fire him.

Oh yeah and Crawford and Marbury need to shoot a little better than 9% combined from 3-point range over a little span of games. That's just atrocious.

I also read something about the NO/Cleveland trade with the lone difference being that Cleveland would also send a future 1st rounder and a future 2nd rounder as well.

Enjoy this season because the NBA might lockout next year if several issues aren't worked out between the owners and the player's union over the course of the end of this season/this offseason.

The owners want a hard salary cap, limit of four years on contracts, and getting rid of the concept of guaranteed contracts much the way the NFL did.

This is terrible. American professional sports does not need another lockout. Work this shit out NBA, please.

Jimmy Jackson didn't report to New Orleans at all because he didn't want to play on a team in the cellar of the NBA. He basically held out until he got traded. New Orleans didn't want to give him what he wanted by trading him to Miami. In my opinion they did him better though by trading him to Phoenix. He lost over $300,000 in pay (through fines) by not reporting to New Orleans.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd come to this realisation, but it's true.

Kobe Bryant wants to prove to the world, he is a top tier player.And if meaning he must get rid of Shaq, so be it.

I dunno why I started thinking about this, probably because of all the heat Kobe's been catchin' about how the teams playing better without him, but what do you expect?The kid has played his whole career to date with the Most Dominant Player of this era, but having the Lakers to himself just seems like a huge challenge, to a player who's really running out of them at the moment.I mean, what better way to prove how good you are, by taking a side where it's best current big man is Chris Mihm, (eh, Odom's been so-so to me, even though I loved the Heat last year) to the playoffs (which the Lakers will, they'll slide in I'm guessing 7th).Seriously, how can you deny how good he is, if he takes that side to the Playoffs, maybe that was the plan, so it didn't look like he got help from Malone?Although I thought it would have been better for him to stick with Shaq, maybe that is in the bigger picture for Kobe?Because lets face it, when Shaq retires, and if he retired in a Laker uniform, nothing will be mentioned about Kobe, it'll be all about how Shaq made Kobe and carreid the side to the dynasty...

ehh, rant over.I still have no idea where that comes from.I blame the lack of sleep I've had in the past 72 hours (eg: none).

And Jackson to Phoenix is much better for Jimmy and the Suns, especially who have an actual player who could fit into a 6th man role.Plus, he's already played for Miami before, so he wouldn't be able to get to his 13th team.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd come to this realisation, but it's true.

Kobe Bryant wants to prove to the world, he is a top tier player.And if meaning he must get rid of Shaq, so be it.

I dunno why I started thinking about this, probably because of all the heat Kobe's been catchin' about how the teams playing better without him, but what do you expect?The kid has played his whole career to date with the Most Dominant Player of this era, but having the Lakers to himself just seems like a huge challenge, to a player who's really running out of them at the moment.I mean, what better way to prove how good you are, by taking a side where it's best current big man is Chris Mihm, (eh, Odom's been so-so to me, even though I loved the Heat last year) to the playoffs (which the Lakers will, they'll slide in I'm guessing 7th).Seriously, how can you deny how good he is, if he takes that side to the Playoffs, maybe that was the plan, so it didn't look like he got help from Malone?Although I thought it would have been better for him to stick with Shaq, maybe that is in the bigger picture for Kobe?Because lets face it, when Shaq retires, and if he retired in a Laker uniform, nothing will be mentioned about Kobe, it'll be all about how Shaq made Kobe and carreid the side to the dynasty...

ehh, rant over.I still have no idea where that comes from.I blame the lack of sleep I've had in the past 72 hours (eg: none).

And Jackson to Phoenix is much better for Jimmy and the Suns, especially who have an actual player who could fit into a 6th man role.Plus, he's already played for Miami before, so he wouldn't be able to get to his 13th team.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

I dont see why people are saying Larry Brown should go to Denver next season, he obviously doesnt like Carmelo. I still expect the Nuggets to try and trade Andre Miller, then maybe trade Nene for a shooter, ala Michael Redd.

McCarty To Suns?

Boston Herald: "The Celtics were very close last night to a trade involving Walter McCarty [news], according to multiple sources. The Celts were said to be awaiting a final word from Phoenix, which will return a second-round pick to Boston if the transaction is completed."

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

Woods signed with the Heat...what is it with contenders wanting Qyntel Woods?I mean, the fuck?I know the Heat need players for cheap, but Woods?Oh yes, and bwahahahaha, at getting fired for misdemeanor animal abuse.

And where'd the Brown/Denver stuff come from, I heard Isiah wants him if he cant get Jackson, and that Larry Brown is the perfect fit their blah blah.

And Francis in Denver will be gay, he needs to stay with Orlando.Although, Jameer Nelson starting could be interesting.Kids been slept on, and when given minutes does a good job with the Magic off the bench, with Francis moving to the 2.

LeBron came 1 rebound shy of a triple double again last night even though he screwed up his ankle a little bit. After that he relied on his jumper and did very well with it.

Is it just me or do the Suns seem to have at least three guys over 20 points in every game. That team is filthy.

Shaq dropped 33 on the Raptors after saying earlier that he didn't know who Rafael Araujo was so he didn't care. Seems like he didn't need to. Rafy only scored 2 points and had 4 boards, all meaningless. C'mon Big Diesel though, you need to shoot better than 35% (7-20) from the line. That's hideous.

And finally I watched about 10 minutes of the Detroit/Denver game. God does Denver suck. George Karl will do no good there. They just run and gun, except they have no shooters. But hey Darko got two minutes...and two turnovers.

7/20?! Man, I'm sure Shaq don't even care anymore.Surely, with all the free throws he's taken over the years he should be getting better purely because of the repetitiveness of going to the line?Atleast, that's how I got better, seeing as I used to be terrible from the line, and never practised it.

Fuckin' Shaq...I swear the Heat are gonna be cost the title because he misses his free throws.

7/20?! Man, I'm sure Shaq don't even care anymore.Surely, with all the free throws he's taken over the years he should be getting better purely because of the repetitiveness of going to the line?Atleast, that's how I got better, seeing as I used to be terrible from the line, and never practised it.

Fuckin' Shaq...I swear the Heat are gonna be cost the title because he misses his free throws.

Qyntel "I couldn't get minutes in Portland" Woods. Yeah good addition. I never saw what NBA scouts saw in this guy. He's not a good shooter and when he takes a smaller player down low posting up, he doesn't have any moves to get a decent shot off on him. And it doesn't look too good when you can't get PT over perennial underachievers Darius Miles and Travis Outlaw. Oh well I hope a new setting turns his career around.

And with the Pistons, I don't think they are the same team as they were last year. Even though their roster is somewhat upgraded, they don't seem to play with the same fire and urgency that they did last year. I know they will probably turn the after-burners on at the end of the season like they did last year but every time I watch the Pistons I cringe and say to myself "These are the champions?"

And after getting thwacked by the Clippers a couple of days ago, the Lakers get more good news. Kobe could miss TEN more games even with the All-Star break on the horizon. HOORAY IRA NEWBLE!

Guest Bluesman

As far as Woods goes, I'd seen a lot of "T-Mac but with head problems" type stuff. Apart from the T-Mac stuff, the scouts may have actually been spot on.

What would be the motives (for ORL) for dealing Francis for Skita, Miller, and Lenard?

What is the word with LeBron's ankle? I'd heard it wasn't too bad, and then all of a sudden he might miss tonight's game?

The Wolves may actually building something, as they play the Jazz tonight. Hopefully AK-47 won't be getting big minutes yet, as the last thing we need is him swatting jumpers back to halfcourt.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Orlando, well.... maybe Steve Francis is still pissed about Mobley gone, and may want out. getting 'Dre Miller wouldnt be such a huge dorp off at PG, then for next year Vo would be a very good shooter, and Skita has long arms, and could help out defensively...if he decides to not suck so much.