2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Orlando would get raped to fuck with that trade, they don't in any way need fucking Lenard or Skita.If Anything, I'd rather see them get rid of Francis to give Jameer Nelson a chance to shine and let he and Dwight Howard build to the future with Cato, Turkoglu, Christie and Hill around them.

I think the Pistons are starting to get into a bit of a "We're so good we don't have to play great anymore to get recognition" mode, ala the Lakers early last year, where they cruised most of the time.But I see the Pistons storming home and swiping the Central Division title right outta 'Bron's fingers.

Where the fuck did the Wolves pull a 5 game win streak from?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebron wasnt going to be 100% so he didnt want to reijure or cause a worse injury so he sat out. The cavs are in a mini slump right now they are winning but they just arent putting them together like they were earlier in the year. I want to see Paxson shake things up a little and try and get another scorer next to Lebron or get a more rebound/defensive center for Z or both in the case that the Z and other and picks for Maglore and B Davis trade is still alive and goes through.

Guest Bluesman

They started playing team ball again, especially on defense. As long as everyone keeps their ego in check, and wants to win games, the Wolves should be fine. I'm going to be interested to see how (little) ESPN makes of this, as they love to talk about the Wolves when they're sucking, but generally ignore them otherwise. As opposed to say, the Knicks or Lakers, who they carry on and on about regardless of the team and its position.

They started playing team ball again, especially on defense. As long as everyone keeps their ego in check, and wants to win games, the Wolves should be fine. I'm going to be interested to see how (little) ESPN makes of this, as they love to talk about the Wolves when they're sucking, but generally ignore them otherwise. As opposed to say, the Knicks or Lakers, who they carry on and on about regardless of the team and its position.

Guest Bluesman

Speaking of the Bulls, did anyone catch last night's game? That thing was awful to watch, the refs called every little damn thing, and then some. It's a good thing it didn't go into overtime, it could have gotten to the point where neither side could put a full team on the floor due to guys fouling out. Gotta say though, Ben Gordon looks like he's going to be a hell of a player.

Ben Gordon is filthy but he's just too inconsistent. Alot of that has to do with Skiles rotation but it will be a 25 point game followed by a 6 point game almost every time with Gordon. I think that Gordon should be starting over Duhon even though Duhon is better on D. I think Duhon would be the better sixth man.

Jordan was drafted number 3...Gordon was drafted number three..:shifty:

What the fuck happened to the Wolves?They couldn't put away A Kings side without C-Webb and Peja?The fuck?Your on a 5 game win streak, and you lose the streak because Brad Miller kicks you ass?Yeah, Bibby/Mobley/Miller isn't a bad combo to have with those two out, but come on.Fuckin' T-Wolves.

Who else saw T-Mac and Wade upstaging the clash between Shaq and Yao?Shaq went 15-5, Yao had 22-9 but Wade had 23 of his 30 in the second half, T-Mac had 28 or something, can't remember off the top of my head.

And the fucking Suns, end of 3 quarters and have 104 points, up on the Raptors by nearly 30.

Guest Bluesman

Part of it was Flip's fault. For whatever reason he still seems to think that Sam-Spree-Wally-KG-Eddie is our best lineup, when it is not. Spree shouldn't be playing that late into the 4th unless he's hot, and with the way Mobley and Bibby were playing, Hassell/Hoiberg should been out there for defense. Eddie had a tough time closing out on Miller, which makes no sense as he can't get around Eddie, yet for some reason Eddie refused to respect his shot. Flip needs to figure out what shit works and what doesn't, and start sticking with the stuff that does. It's no coincedence that our recent winning streak featured Freddie and Trent playing more minutes and a bigger role.

You're dead on about Gordon, it really would help him to get 25 minutes plus a game. Hopefully the Bulls don't try and force him into a different role (like moving him to point right now), as he's a great scorer and is definately clutch. Here's hoping he isn't DuJuan Wagner all over again...

The knicks need to regroup big time. It shows that they dont have a true point guard since Marbury is more like a scoring guard. They should get rid of Allan Houston and Tim Thomas, heck, maybe Marbury too and see what they get in return. They also need frickin' cap space and see if they can lure a free agent this season. They need a centerpiece player and clearly Marbury aint that player, the same thing is happening with the Celtics and Paul Pierce. Marbury and Pierce are good, but they dont make their teamates better, they dont inject leadership and energy into the game.

Apparently he and Kobe had a truce last season.And Kobe said he'll take Jackson, as he knows he has no other options.And Denver, sucks.I still dunno how they let Portland beat them, when Portland were playing like shit too.Van Exel killed them in the first half, slowed in the 2nd half, then Telfair dominated them in the 4th, before Randolph finally got things together.

Anthony choked too, missing 2 free throws, which could have put them ahed with 3 minutes left.I'm sick of hearing about this shit Nuggets side though, I wanna hear about the Girzz, who've slipped under the radar, 20-9 since the reigning Coach of the Year left, and they got Fratello.Same goes for the Wizards.

Wizards get no love, Arenas, Hughes and Jamison should all be fuckin' All-Stars, same with Shawn Marion who got shafted outta the starting spot and wasn't even close to the top (fucking Melo was ahead of him...come the fuck on...infact, I think Amare was behind Melo too.)

Ehh, I've really gone off Melo, who's really slipping, I'd place him 5th now with Bron, Wade, Hinrich and Bosh (who's killing it as the franchise player) ahead of Melo right now, despite good indiviual stats.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

'Melo still got 4th in voting for forwards in the west, above Amare, Dirk, Webber.

With the season 'Melo had last year, with THE best rookie stats, and making the playoffs in the west, i still say he's number one.

I still dont buy that LeBron is the best all-around player in the NBA. he verages 12 points in the paint, which is within the top 5 in the league, you cannot depend on him as a shooter from distance, hell he started off the Knicks game a few weeks ago with 2 straight airballs on 1 possesion. He can get in the passing lanes and shows that he is 2nd in the league in steals, but he does get dunked on quit a bit (ala Desmond Mason) and get twisted while he's in the air (ala Dwyane Wade last night)

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

Everyone should know by now that the NBA All-Star voting is going to produce the same results almost every year. The casual fan is unaware to breakout seasons or even consistently great play from people. They go to the names they know, even if they are hurt or aren't playing "All-Star" calibur ball. Canadian fans got Vince Carter in all these years and Chinese fans are going to do the same thing for Yao Ming and now since he plays for the Rockets, Tracy McGrady. Not saying that these guys aren't nasty players in their own right but a lot of other deserving players don't get looks because fucking retards like the 223,743 people who voted for Alonzo Mourning have no idea whose playing good or should I say to the highest level that season. The whole Yao thing was similar to when Ichiro came into Major League baseball and the All-Star Game was in Seattle. With baseball, the host team always gets more All-Stars than they should but in this case in Seattle it got out of hand. I see no explanation for why Steve Nash is not starting for the West except for the fact that people see Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady and don't even give Nash a look. True NBA fans votes show through as the returns come in as Nash went from low in the guards to third behind the ridiculous totals of Bryant and McGrady. I am not saying they shouldn't be on the team (look at my reserves) but I think the NBA should promote some of their new talent every once in a while outside of LeBron James. Here is what my All-Star lineups would look like from who I voted for:

EAST

Guards:

Dwyane Wade, Miami

LeBron James, Cleveland

Forwards:

Richard Jefferson, New Jersey who would have to be replaced due to injury (probably by actual starter Vince Carter who has stepped it up lately)

Antawn Jamison, Washington

Center:

Shaquille O'Neal, Miami

Reserves: Grant Hill, Orlando (who will be injury replaced); Allen Iverson, Philadelphia; Gilbert Arenas, Washington; Chris Bosh, Toronto; Kirk Hinrich, Chicago; Ben Wallace, Detroit; Michael Redd, Milwaukee

WEST

Guards:

Steve Nash, Phoenix

Ray Allen, Seattle

Forwards:

Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas

Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix

Center:

Brad Miller, Sacramento

Reserves: Tim Duncan, San Antonio; Kevin Garnett, Minnesota; Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers; Tracy McGrady, Houston; Corey Maggette, Los Angeles Clippers; Rashard Lewis, Seattle; Yao Ming, Houston (there are no other centers)

'Melo still got 4th in voting for forwards in the west, above Amare, Dirk, Webber.

With the season 'Melo had last year, with THE best rookie stats, and making the playoffs in the west, i still say he's number one.

I still dont buy that LeBron is the best all-around player in the NBA. he verages 12 points in the paint, which is within the top 5 in the league, you cannot depend on him as a shooter from distance, hell he started off the Knicks game a few weeks ago with 2 straight airballs on 1 possesion. He can get in the passing lanes and shows that he is 2nd in the league in steals, but he does get dunked on quit a bit (ala Desmond Mason) and get twisted while he's in the air (ala Dwyane Wade last night)

And jonny, gotta give Jermaine O'Neal something, he's avg. like 26 points a game, and was up around 30 for like 10 games, same goes for Iverson, if he had some more wins, he'd be pulling for MVP contention, but because the Sixers and their division suck he ain't getting no look.His team is more depleted than Bron's.

I wouldn't say Melo's in a slump, he's still avg. 20 a game, but he just, doesn't seem to compare.He should be making strides and leading his side, he hasn't matured enough by the look of it, Bosh, Wade and Hinrich, Bron are all leading their team,

Wasn't that LeBron Dunk over 6'2 Damon Jones though?And Bron has help, look at what Z and Gooden done when he wasn't there, it's just they don't get as much of a chance with Bron on the floor.

East 12:

Iverson

Wade

Jamison

JO

Shaq

LeBron (I personally feel, the improvements Wade has made, are more significant than Bron's...fact is, people expected Bron to be a star, no one expected Wade to jump up by 8 ppg from last season and be top 5 in apg.And Jamison's Wizards are on par with the Cavs, would be higher if Hughes was still around, with a shit front court.)

Hill

Carter (lately, anyway)

Bosh

Arenas

Hughes (if he wasn't injured, anyway) so Redd

Wallace

And Stevie Franchise or Steve-O, whatever he wants to be called could make a strong case also.

West:

Nash

Allen

SHAWN MARION(Seriously slept on)

Dirk

Amare (If Peja and C-Webb got injured earlier in the season, Brad Miller would make a strong case.

Duncan

Garnett

Bryant (replaced by Maggette)

McGrady

Rashard Lewis

C-Webb

Miller

and Yao, I guess.