2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

bah not trade, I mean let go.I'll read what I say next time.Of course I was meaning Nash.

And please, the Nuggets aren't going no where.I'm a fan of Melo too, but clearly, thats a team that overachieved.Although, they could have a decent 2nd half, they're not making a Playoff run.Suns, Sonics, Spurs, Rockets, Lakers, Mavs, Kings, T'Wolves are gonna be the playoff teams, with the Nuggets a very slim outside chance, although I would not be surprized if they pass the T'Wolves, who seem really unmotivated and unhappy, which translates into poor play.

I agree on the Bulls though, they got alot of hype because they beat some teams hovering below and barely above .500 because they're the Bulls.I also change one of my sleeper picks in the East, the fuckin' NETS are rallying, VC is trying everything possible to make sure that J-KIdd sticks around.I really thought it would have been smarter for them to lose the rest of the season, get a high draft pick, and get a big man who'll be able to contribute enough, because Jefferson/Carter/Kidd is gonna dominate next year.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BacknBlackHoez

The Nuggs can jump over the T'Wolves & The Lakers if those 2 teams dont get their shit right, the Nuggets are getting it now, they know they have a coach that will be there. Plus, the health factor.... Melo, Camby, Martin & Nene are all healthy right now, if Vo was there this team wouldnt be struggling like this. Althought, I STILL expect Andre Miller to get traded.... maybe they can get Michael Redd, and Earl Boykin would start, but then they would need a backup PG.

Rumour is Miller for Payton, atleast, thats what I heard.And by the way the Suns have gotta break Most 3 pointers in a game, with adding McCarty, they've made some smart trades, they're 7 men deep now.

And I just remembered my REAL Sleeper pick, proven by how much I slept on them.The fuckin' Grizzles.They fuckin' stopped the Suns offence, with everybody in the Suns lineup, while they had two of their best players out with injury (Pau/Posey)

Seriously, last year's coach of the year leaves, Fratello comes in and rights the ship instantly.Look at the line up they fucking had: J-Dub, Dahntay Jones, Battier, Swift, Wright.

They're missing Posey, Miller and Gasol (although Miller was on the bench, recovering from injury), the Nuggets, with the depth they have in that front court (and the backcourt, Boykins has been a monster lately), should have been able to hold together better than they have.Nuggets will slip into 8 with a tossle between the Nuggets, T'Wolves and Lakers.Once Kobe's back, the Lakers will be alright, and will make the playoffs, because then the focus will be off Lamar, who's been pretty poor.C-But and Atkins have been good, though.

I dunno, I still think the Nuggets overachieved, this year they're underachieving.And the Bulls proved themselves a bit more worthy than what they were, espcially Deng, as they beat the Mavs.

4 minutes played. Lakers @ Pistons 2 - 18 :ph34r::shuriken:

I wonder how many rebounds have the pistons won so far. They've won about 90% of them so far.

EDIT: eveytime the lakers get the slightest of comebacks the pistons get the 20 point advantage back. I don't see the lakers coming back in this game.

I'm curious to know Ben Wallace's numbers in this game (other than points obviously)

Edited by Malenko

Guest BacknBlackHoez

they (the Lakers) were down bad early against the Rockets and only lost by 1 at the end of the game... it was 18-0 with the Hawks up, and the Hawks barely won... so who knows how the game will end.

Guest Brady_3for3

they (the Lakers) were down bad early against the Rockets and only lost by 1 at the end of the game... it was 18-0 with the Hawks up, and the Hawks barely won... so who knows how the game will end.

I'd put the Rockets right now over the Pistons though, and they fell a basket short against the Rockets.

They won in overtime against the Nets also...the Lakers have been doing pretty well at coming back from nowhere lately, give them their due.

when BNBH notices that the Lakers are making good comebacks, you know they're doing something right.They came back by 26 against the Rockets or something, they still got a shot.

I'd put the Rockets right now over the Pistons though, and they fell a basket short against the Rockets.

They won in overtime against the Nets also...the Lakers have been doing pretty well at coming back from nowhere lately, give them their due.

when BNBH notices that the Lakers are making good comebacks, you know they're doing something right.They came back by 26 against the Rockets or something, they still got a shot.

Edited by Malenko

Guest Bluesman

You know you played like shit when Darko makes an appearance midway through the 4th. This game was over 3 minutes in, it was like the Wolves/Grizz from earlier this week, only enjoyable because it was the Lakers and not the Wolves.

Darko is probably one of the highest paid men in the world per hour. Want proof?

Last year he played 159 minutes, or 2.65 hours.

His average salary? $ 3,595,800 for 4 years

Wage/hour? $1,356,905.67

The fucker makes almost a million and a half dollars an hour! As much as it would suck to be the # 2 pick and never play, I'd say he's probably just as happy counting his money and picking up a ring he did nothing to deserve.

Guest Brady_3for3

Guest Bluesman

Malone retires...

SALT LAKE CITY -- Karl Malone is retiring, ending a career in which he became one of the NBA's greatest power forwards and was No. 2 on the league's all-time scoring list.

Malone, who teamed with guard John Stockton for 18 seasons with Utah to form one of the NBA's greatest duos, will announce his retirement Sunday, the Jazz said Friday.

Malone, who is 41 and underwent knee surgery last summer, is healthy and works out every day but has not played since last season with the Los Angeles Lakers. He joined the Lakers in an attempt to win an elusive NBA championship, but failed to do so despite playing with Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant.

Malone will announce his exit at a news conference at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City.

The Jazz had no comment Friday on the decision by Malone, whose agent said last week that it was possible Malone might return to action with San Antonio.

Malone is the second-leading scorer in NBA history, 1,459 points behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He played 18 seasons for Utah before joining the Lakers for the 2003-04 season at a greatly reduced salary, saying he wanted to win a championship before retirement.

He missed 39 games last season after injuring his right knee, and was hurt again during the playoffs, missing the last three games of the NBA Finals, all of which the Lakers lost to the Detroit Pistons.

Lakers spokesman John Black said Malone's retirement was no surprise.

"We wish him and his family the best ever. We've had one year with him and everyone in the organization, from the front office staff, fellow players, coaches, everyone really enjoyed having Karl around for that year," Black said. "He was a real addition to our team last year in helping us get to the NBA playoffs."

Malone opted out of his $1.65 million contract after last season, making him a free agent. He and his family have homes in Newport Beach, Calif., and Salt Lake City.

Malone was a key factor in the Lakers' victories over the Spurs in last year's Western Conference semifinals and Minnesota in the conference finals.

Malone's agent, Dwight Manley, did not immediately return calls seeking comment. He said in October that his client wasn't ready to play but that if he returned, it would only be with the Lakers.

That changed late last year after Malone was accused by Kobe Bryant of making a pass at his wife. Malone, through Manley, denied the accusation and apologized to Bryant and his wife for any remarks she might have considered inappropriate.

Stockton, who with Malone formed the famed pick-and-roll tandem, retired after the 2002-03 season.

Guest Brady_3for3

Malone's retirement really has no effect on San Antonio. He's old and washed up and would've had no big impact for the Spurs. The Spurs still will win the West and still will lose to the Pistons

Yeah, the Pistons swept the Rockets, but have you seen the Rockets lately?They're chemistry has been fantastic, and surrounding Yao and T-Mac with good veterans has lead to that team playingamazingly well.Give teams time to develop chemistry, which you shut off instantly, and they can be a good team, same goes for New Jersey.But don't overhype the Pistons, they're crusing, everybody knows it.

And in response to you, what about your weak stuff?Which team has a victory over the Spurs?...next case.

Guest Brady_3for3

The only thing I like about Houston is that they have my two favorite white players of all-time, Jon Barry and Bobby Sura. The Pistons have been playing AWESOME basketball as of late. Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton are the most underrated backcourt in the league, Tayshaun Prince is having a career year and the Wallace's are still the most feared defensive duo in the league. Not to mention the bench, Antonio McDyess is the steal free agent signing of the off season and the acquisition of Carlos Arroyo from Utah was an absolute steal.

But go ahead, underestimate the Pistons, we LOVE that. The Pistons weren't supposed to beat New Jersey, let alone Indiana in the Eastern Conference Finals. And forget about the Lakers, that was a foregone conclusion. If the Pistons won ONE game, that was an upset. Umm I forgot, who won the NBA Championship? We got the belts and if you want them you have to come to Auburn Hills, MI and take them.

But underestimate them and jock up Houston, and Miami, and San Antonio and the like.