2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Guest Brady_3for3

Elden being back is great. He has one great purpose, he can throw his body at Shaq in the Eastern Finals. If they can get Carlos Delfino back healthy, along with McDyess, Arroyo, and Lindsey Hunter, this gives the Pistons a 9.5 man rotation for the playoffs

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker's back in the Beantown Green. And rightfully so. If there was one man who really wanted to be a Celtic until the day he retired, it's Walker. Paul Pierce might be a skilled player, but he's no leader. Walker, on the other hand is a bonafied fire-starter. Sure, he might throw up a shitload of shot attempts, but if it means that he'll be able to light a fire under Piece and Davis, heck, it's ALLL GOOD.

Walker's like a prodigal son. He and Ainge certainly have had a bitter history, with Ainge criticizing Walker's abilities in the court before trading him. Walker was pissed at Ainge because he really loved the city of Boston, and wanted to spend the rest of his career in Beantown. I think Ainge is right to bite the bullet and take Walker back, if only for one season. (Antoine's contract ends this year). And I think Walker's matured as a player and as a person... he rode the pine in Dallas and was on the worst team in the worst possible city in Atlanta. Now he's in a team with a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Hoorah.

3-0 winning streak for Boston since Walker came back! Whoohoo!

IMO, only reason they truely took him back, was because they have until the end of the season, as a test or what have you.If he proves worthwhile, and takes Boston somewhere, they might keep him, or they could shove him to the side, and hopefully start Al Jefferson damn it.

All I know is, Paul Pierce is NOT a leader. Paul Pierce is the one man I know who suffers from Pippen-itis... he pouts and sulks when the game is on the line.

I'm not particularly impressed with Al Jefferson. If he's really as good as people expect him to be, he wouldn't have to fight for minutes. I've got him pegged to be the next Bryant Reeves.

• 3 weeks later...

David Stern is fucking gay.

Imagine if Indiana finished 7th and ended up facing the Pistons in the first round, that would be fuckin' intense, especially if JO made it back in time as well, with Artest playing.What happened to the NBA thinking about ratings, surely that Playoff series would rate hugely.

And don't fucking sleep on the Nets, especially if they continue there strong play, and RJ comes back in the first round, Kidd/Carter/RJ/Robinson or Kristic would do well against the Heat, if they slid into the 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

Big game for the Cavs today they were able to beat Dallas big and they are down to a few games and they can secure a spot in the playoffs. I hope the they finish 6th since that would likely mean a seris against the Celtics and that is the team I think the Cavs would have the best chance against in the first round. Looks like last years Westren confrece finalist are going to be on the outside looking in who would have though that at this time last year.

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed in LA and the T-Wolves. Those two teams are kinda out of the playoff picture. Now Minesotta has a bigger chance of getting in the 8th spot right now, but I think LA doesnt have any hope at all.

I feel sad for the Lakers...maybe next year. I wonder how long Kobe is going to be out though. They say he had a leg injury during the Memphis game.

I still can't believe my Bulls are doing so well this year. They haven't made the Playoff's since Jordan left in '98, and this year they finally return to the Playoffs, and that makes me happy. Ben Gordon has been excellent all Season, and is my pick to win the NBA Rookie Of The Year Award.

The Pistons just clinched their fourth straight division title in a close game against the Bulls. It was a hell of a game, and the Bulls threw everything they had at us, but Chauncey Billups came through in the end like he had done so many times before.

I take my hat off to the Bulls though, they have a hell of a team and could do some serious damage in the playoffs. They're definitely going to be a tough team for anybody to contend with when the playoffs begin.

I not sure about the bulls the dont have much playoff experince so it could be hard for them to contend, unlike what some people say playoff experice does make a difference.

With that said, I think the Cavs will be able to make they just need to win 3 games to get in for sure or the Nets can win one more then the Cavs do and the Cavs still get in. Lebron been picking up the team the past two games and we have had some help from Traylor with his carrer high in points last night. Even though the Cavs will likly get an early exit it will be good to see them in the playoffs.

I not sure about the bulls the dont have much playoff experince so it could be hard for them to contend, unlike what some people say playoff experice does make a difference.

No doubt about it, I'm not saying the Bulls will contend this year. It's clear that the Eastern Confrence will come down to Detroit or Miami. However, I'm guessing the Bulls will get out of the first round, and I could see them possibly pulling off an upset in the second round. I wouldn't bet on it, but anything can happen.

I think the Bulls have a good chance in the playoffs...if they are all healthy. In their last game, wow, I didnt even expect them to be that good. It took Billups to shoot at 8. secs to go to win against Chicago. They have been surprising when I see that their last biggest streak(9 wins) happened during the time Deng, Hinrich and Curry were out for some of those games. Right now, Deng is out for the whole season(cant even make it to the playoffs due to the surgery and the possible 6 months of rehab on it.) and Curry is still out for some more testing in his irregular heartbeat...but Chicago just lost 2 games in recent memory. Its nice to see their bench stepping up like they are doing these days.

speaking of Miami...will Shaq play in the next game? Or will he still be out?

I am pretty sure that Shaq will be back for the next game atleast that is what I have heard.

It is funny how when the Sixers got Webber there were some people saying they would be able to compete with the top teams but now it seems as though they could be on the outside looking in.

Thats happened because AI hasn't adjusted to make Webber fit, Webber's being forced to adjust to AI, although it seemed like they ahd got shit together.

Sixers are making it though, the Cavs are going to be on the outside.Vince Carter is right up there right now with the best in the league...he and J-Kidd have been monstering shit.

The Cavs are really close to making the playoffs now the need to win twice I think to make it and the only way they wouldnt is they would lose all or win just one and NJ wins all of the games or three and latly the Cavs have been playing consistenly so I dont think they will lose them all. Lebron will score all the teams points if he has to make the playoffs.

The sports show reporter was saying "if you like the NBA you've got a game later tonight... and tonight's game will be between...."

Throughout the whole sentence i was just saying to myself (as i hadn't seen it announced yet) "Sixers Sixers Sixers...", and he says "the Philadelphia 76ers and the Miami Heat". :D

Ok, it may sound stupid to you, but i'm happy :P

Melo isn't better, it took me this year to realise that.Melo = the new Big Dog.Melo's slipped back to 4th behind Bron, Wade and Bosh, and may slip back further behind Hinrich if the Bulls get somewhere without Curry and Deng.

But Bron ain't shit as far as leading his team...he's trying, but they shoulda kept Silas.