Ring Of Honor

Liam

New Head Booker For ROH! Young Unknown UK Booker!

In what can only be seen as a shock move, Ring Of Honor have recently installed a new director of the company, to run the wrestling side of the ROH brand. This is, we understand, so that the powers that be can focus more on enhancing ROH as a brand.

What is shocking about this news is the relevant obscurity of the person they have put in charge. Liam Byrne, a young promoter from the UK has been flown over, and signed to a multi-year contract at the helm of ROH. Whether this is a good decision remains in the balance. However, it will be interesting to see what changes are made in ROH in the near future, and what talent Mr Byrne can get his hands on.

Credit: www.rohwrestling.com

OOC: Fuck it, thought I might as well do one, as I did from time to time back in the olden days. Just for those who are interested, I am using a RaveX update (not sure which number it is). Also, as I have exams and essays to hand in soon, I'm not sure how much of my time I can dedicate to this, so I'll just plod along as and when I can.

PS I don't watch much ROH, but I'll try and stay as truthful to the product as I can. Any major problems, don't be afraid to let me know.

Edited by rvdwannabe

New ROH Title Unveiled!

With Liam Byrne just days into his tenure as ROH Head Booker, he has made his first executive decision. With many workers on the roster, and only two main titles, he has decided to make a new belt, which is geared more to the up and comers than the main eventers. Named the "ROH Respect Title", Mr Byrne hopes that this will be a window into the future for the ROH fans, as hopefully the ROH main eventers-to be will hold this title in the weeks and months to come.

For the time being, the title will remain vacant, until Liam Byrne sees fit to fill the vacancy.

Anniversary Show Title Challengers?

With "The Anniversary Show 2005" coming up, speculation has centred around who will fight for the ROH World Title and the ROH World Tag Titles. As Samoa Joe holds the World, and Second City Saints (CM Punk and Colt Cabana) hold the Tag Team Titles, rumours are rife as to who may challenge for both titles. Against Samoa Joe, names like Brian Danielson, Xavier, Doug Williams and Trent Acid are being thrown around, and SCS have been matched up against any of The Briscoe Brothers, The Carnage Crew or The Prophecy (Danny Maff and BJ Whitmer). However, Liam Byrne is keeping his cards close to his chest, and has been quoted as saying he will wait till a week before the card, before the title challengers are announced.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Guest Red Devil

Is this set in the current time? If so then you've got some mistakes,

- Samoa Joe isn't world champ anymore, it's Austin Aries

- The Havana Pitbulls are the current tag champs

- There is also a ROH Pure Wrestling title currently held by John Walters

Also IMO there isn't aneed for another belt, the Pure Wrestling title still hasn't been built up well enough and 3 titles is enough for a promotion the size of Ring Of Honor.

Title Challengers Announced For "Anniversary Show 2005"

After a lot of speculation in the last few weeks, Liam Byrne has announced the two title matches that will occur at ROH's "Anniversary Show". These will be:

ROH World Title Match

Samoa Joe vs Xavier

and,

ROH World Tag Team Title Match

Second City Saints vs The Briscoe Brothers

In both these matches, we see former champions with a chance to get back thier titles. As Liam Byrne wanted the wrestlers to begin with a clean slate, he deemed this one of the fairest ways to decide on the title challengers.

Further matches for the "Anniversary Show" will be announced, as and when they are confirmed.

New ROH Signings!

Liam Byrne has flexed his financial muscle for the first time since joining ROH as head booker, and has signed both Nova and Paul London to contracts. Both wrestlers had been signed to WWE contracts until recently, but with roster cuts came unemployment, and Liam Byrne was only too happy to sign them up in time for his first show, "Anniversary Show 2005".

As ROH doesn't work on a written contract basis yet, these contracts are open, and Paul London and Nova will continue working with other independents along with thier ROH commitments.

Many know Nova from his great work in ECW, and are looking forward to seeing him in action, whilst Paul London is returning to his spiritual home, after being the first "home grown" ROH star.

Further Matches Announced For "Anniversary Show 2005"

With just days until the first show under the booking skills of Liam Byrne, further matches have been announced for ROH's "Anniversary Show". In the confirmed matches, we have both new signings, as well as matches with all your ROH favourites.

Justin Credible vs Homicide

Bryan Danielson/Matt Stryker vs Trent Acid/"ROH Debutant" Nova

Paul London vs Josh Daniels

These three matches are added to the two Title matches already announced, to give what is shaping up to be a very good show.

OOC: As I said, this is based on a RaveX update. I don't know if it was the latest one, but I chose one, and decided to run with it. Fair enough, it may not be fully up to date, but meh....

And there is a Pure belt as well, but thats Vacant at the moment. I felt that there was need for three belts, as I have a massive Mid/Undercard, so needed something to "feed" them.

I'm also tempted to leave out details like PI Value, and who's feuding with whom. Thats because I want this to be like watching wrestling from an outside in, like it is when you normally watch wrestling. WWE doesn't sit there and tell you who is feuding, you just come to conclusions through booking and such.

Edited by rvdwannabe

The only thing is that I have 50+ wrestlers going for 2 singles titles. So thats why the new title was needed.

Oh well, I'll run with it, and see how it goes. I'll post the card a little later.

EDIT: Just looked at CM Punk's ROH diary.... :crying:

Edited by rvdwannabe

Final "Anniversary Show" Card Confirmed!

The card for the 20/2/2005 ROH "Anniversary Show" is as follows:

Main Event

ROH Title Match

Samoa Joe vs Xavier

Justin Credible vs Homicide

Bryan Danielson/Matt Stryker vs Nova/Trent Acid

Paul London vs Josh Daniels

ROH Tag Title Match

Second City Saints (Colt Cabana and CM Punk) vs The Briscoe Brothers (Mark and Jay Briscoe)

Ring Crew Express (Dunn and Marcos) vs The Outkast Killahs (Oman Turtuoga and Diablo Santiago)

OOC: Card will be up soon. Already ran it, just dredgine up the energy to write it up!

Edited by rvdwannabe

“Anniversary Show 2005”

(The camera fades up on an almost full arena, as the “Anniversary Show” emanates from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The crowd are already in buoyant mood, for what promises to be a treat of a show, with 2 title matches, a massive “Dream Partner” style tag match, and some intriguing singles matches also. The camera focuses on the ring as we go down to our announcer.)

Announcer: Welcoming down to the ring, for the first match of the night, with a 30 minute time limit, The Outkast Killahs!

(The crowd boo as Oman Turtoga and Diablo Santiago hit the ring. Santiago just stands around waiting for their opponents, as Oman trades insults with the audience.)

Announcer: And coming down to the ring next, their opponents, The Ring Crew Express!!

(Big pop, as the first faces of the night hit the ring. Both Dunn and Marcos look focused, as they face a big task ahead of them.)

Ring Crew Express defeat Outkast Killahs when Dunn pinned Oman Turtoga with a roll-up

The match began as a beat down, with the Outkast Killahs taking the upper hand from the start. A fast paced match, both teams tried to dictate the pace to control it for their needs, with The Outkast Killahs coming out on top of most of the early exchanges, cutting off Dunn from Marcos for long periods of time. Eventually, a mistimed top-rope elbowdrop by Turtoga allowed Dunn to tag to Marcos, who started to clean house on both of the Outkast Killahs. As the battle threatened to get out of control, Turtoga hit Santiago with a thrust kick aimed at Marcos, and as Santiago fell to the outside, Dunn rolled up the shocked Turtoga for a quick 1,2,3! After the match, Turtoga picked up Santiago and they walked to the back, as The Ring Crew Express celebrated in the ring. (48, 26, 70)

Announcer: The next match, scheduled for one fall and with an hour time limit, is for the ROH World Tag Team Titles!! Coming down to the ring first, the challengers, The Briscoe Brothers!

(The Briscoe’s hit the ring to a massive ovation. People are obviously behind them, as they want to see new tag team champions crowned tonight. Can The Briscoe’s do it though?)

Announcer: Their opponents, and reigning Ring Of Honor World Tag Team Champions, Colt Cabana….CM Punk….The Second City Saints!!

(The reaction is hostile, as CM Punk and Colt Cabana make their entrance, with the coveted ROH Titles wrapped around their waists. With The Briscoe’s looking ready to go, CM Punk and Cabana take their time in heading down to the ring, and trade some words with the crowd around the ringside area. Finally, they enter the ring, and raise the tag titles above their heads, before handing them to the referee.)

The Briscoe Brothers defeat The Second City Saints to become NEW ROH Tag Team Champions after Jay Briscoe plants Colt Cabana with the Jay-Driller

This match was every bit the hard fought match that people expected, and then some, as all four men scraped tooth and nail to win the prestigious ROH Tag Titles. The Briscoe’s wealth of tag team experience appeared to be the difference between the teams, as there teamwork was a lot more fluid, and the double team moves flowed, cutting off Colt Cabana initially, and when CM Punk entered, dishing out the punishment to him also. A cheap shot by Cabana from the ring apron saw the tide change, as Mark Briscoe was cornered, and beaten bloody, as a CM Punk pounding led to a small cut opening on Briscoe’s forehead. As the match progressed, Mark began to tire, but with a double clothesline to interrupt an attempted double team move, he made the hot tag to Jay, who went on an onslaught. Knocking CM Punk over the top rope with a running clothesline, Jay then hit a running cannonball senton on CM Punk from the ring to the ringside! As Colt Cabana prepared to exit the ring to help his fallen compadre, Mark entered, and nailed Cabana with a Cut-Throat Suplex. As if this was not enough, Jay re-entered, nailed the Jay Driller, and got the 1,2,3 to crown NEW ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!! (69,47,92)

However, this celebration was short lived, as HC Loc and Tony Devito ran down to the ring, to start a beating on the newly crowned tag team champions. HC Loc nailed a nasty DDT on Mark, before Devito picked up Jay and slammed him from the ring through a ringside table. As Devito and HC Loc stood there, the crowd booed the attack, but it looks as if Devito and Loc have put themselves out to be the next challengers to the tag titles.

(We cut backstage for an interview with Danny Maff.)

Maff: As anyone who follows ROH knows, I’m not booked on this show. And as anyone who watches ROH knows, I’m the best thing around at the moment. Does that make any sense? Don’t the people who pay deserve to see Danny Maff? Maybe ROH are just saving their product….heaven knows no-one could come out of a show with Danny Maff on it and look any better. Warning, ROH….heed it….don’t let this happen again, as if you do, I’ll do whatever it takes to get my point across!(60%)

(Maff throws the microphone down in disgust, and walks off, as we fade into a Paul London music video. This showcases Paul London’s last tenure with ROH, focusing on his matches with Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Spanky and Bryan Danielson. We finish with a small clip of Paul London thanking the crowd at the end of his last ROH match with Samoa Joe.)(47%)

Announcer: Welcoming down to the ring for this next match, with a 30 minute time limit, Josh Daniels!

(The crowd boo as Josh Daniels makes his way down the aisle. He seems very focused, and just ignores the crowd as he gets into the ring, and makes his way to his corner.)

Announcer:And his opponent, ROH’s very own “son”, making his return to the ROH ring, PAUL LONDON!!

(The audience almost blows its top, as Paul London comes running down to the ring, and slides in. He stands on the top turnbuckle, and salutes the audience, before hitting the corner on the other side, and doing the same. He seems pleased to be back, and ready for the battle ahead.)

Paul London defeated Josh Daniels after the London Calling

This was pretty much as close to a squash as you can see on ROH TV. London, riding on a crest of the reception he was given by the audience, took advantage from the start, and never let up the intensity. Daniels did fight back at times, but the odd move did little to stop London’s momentum. After a modified Powerbomb, Daniels was laid out, and fell victim to the London Calling, as London picked up the 1,2,3 on his return to ROH!(54, 31, 78)

As London celebrated his victory with the crowd, Jack Evans entered the ring, and began a beat down on London, raining down punch after punch. London, initially caught unawares, quickly composed himself, and when whipped into the rope by Evans, hit a fierce forearm to the face of Evans, knocking him to the floor. As London went to administer a beat down, Evans managed to roll to the outside, to fight another day.

(The camera goes backstage, as we see Justin Credible preparing in his locker room for his battle with Homicide. A knock on the door interrupts him, and he goes to answer it. However, the second he opens the door, he is battered to the floor with a bunch, as Homicide stands with a smirk on his face. Following him in, Homicide picks up Credible, and slams him into the wall head first, before giving him a couple of kicks whilst he is down. Homicide surveys this act of carnage, aims one more kick at Credible’s head, and then leaves, as Road Agents enter the room to break it up.)(64%)

Announcer: Next, in this match, with a 30 minute time limit, the first team to come down to the ring, Trent Acid, and making his ROH debut, NOVA!!

(Mixed reaction for Nova, nothing but hatred for Acid. They head down to the ring, and Nova gets in the ring, as Acid walks around the outside, milking the crowd reaction, before joining him.)

Announced: Coming down to the ring, their opponents, Bryan Danielson and Matt Stryker!

(Good ovation for Danielson and Stryker as they hit the ring quickly, and this match begins before the bell can even ring.)

Bryan Danielson and Matt Stryker draw with Nova and Trent Acid after the time limit expired

What an amazing match this was, as this became a bout of one upmanship, every man in the ring trying to outdo the other! Suicide dives, modified suplexes and slams, top rope aerials, hard hitting moves, this match had the lot. Stryker was singled out for the most abuse by Nova and Acid, as they took it in turns to unleash some high impact offense on him, leading to Trent Acid Yakuza kicking Stryker over the top rope to the floor, hard! As Stryker tried to regain his composure outside the ring, Danielson took the fight back to Acid, hitting several glorious moves, including a beautiful Dragon Suplex that somehow only got a two count before Acid kicked out. With Stryker still out of the match, Danielson began to feel the strain, as the quick tags of Acid and Nova became too much. Nova landed several of his signature manoeuvres, only getting close two counts off of the Spin Doctor and the Kryptonite Krunch. After Nova accidentally hit Acid with a dropkick, Danielson managed to get to the corner, and re-group, as all 4 men hit the ring. Stryker and Nova took their fight to the outside, as they brawled around the ring area. Acid missed a Yakuza Kick on Danielson, and was dropped with a stiff brainbuster! Danielson locked on the Cattle Mutilation, and held it tight, hoping to get the submission. However, just as it locked like Acid couldn’t handle anymore, the bell rang, to signify that the time limit had expired!(74, 57, 92)

As Danielson, thinking he has won the match, raises his hands, but is blindsided by Nova (Nova having knocked Stryker out with a Kryptonite Krunch on the ringside floor). Nova dishes out another Kryptonie Krunch on Danielson, before picking him up and holding him, allowing Trent Acid to almost take his head off with a Yakuza Kick! Acid spits on Danielson’s prone body as they begin to leave the ring. The medical team come down to the ring, and assist both Danielson and Stryker from the ring and backstage.

Announcer: Introducing the next match, with a time limit of 30 mins, coming down to the ring first, Homicide!

(Boos reverberate around the arena as Homicide comes down to the ring. Looking pleased with himself after his attack on Homicide, an air of confidence is apparent. He stands in the corner, awaiting to arrival of Justin Credible)

Announcer: Welcoming down to the ring, his opponent, Justin Credible!!

(Mixed reception for Justin Credible as he steps through the curtain. His head is taped up, after the vicious attack by Homicide earlier in the show. Credible looks the worse for wear, and Homicide is visibly pleased as he slowly limps down to the ring. Sliding in, Justin Credible looks pissed off, and ready to go.)

Justin Credible defeats Homicide by DQ, after Homicide hit Justin Credible with a chair

Homicide took control almost instantly, as he took Credible to the ground and pummelled away at the head. Taking off the bandages (which looked as if they were protecting a nasty cut on the top of the head of Credible), Homicide began to wail away, further opening the cut, and leaving Credible a bloody mess. Using it to his advantage, Homicide continued to use Credible’s head as a battering ram on anything he could, be it the ringpost, the guard rail or the apron itself. He got several close falls, including a very narrowly avoided pinfall after an elevated DDT. Credible attempted to fight back, but was caught off at every attempt, until a strategically placed lowblow left both men on the mat gasping for air. They both rose at the same time, and Credible began his fight back, battering Homicide with lefts and rights. Homicide, taken off guard, was all over the place, and Credible battered him from pillar to post, leaving him a bloody mess after an introduction to the ringpost via a slingshot. As Justin Credible zeroed in for the kill, Homicide back body dropped Credible out of his That’s Incredible attempt, and left the ring. Grabbing a chair, he waited for Credible to get up, and then lamped him on the side of the face with a vicious chair shot! The referee had no choice but to ring the bell, awarding the match to Credible by DQ! As Credible lies down in a puddle of his own blood, Homicide stands over him, laughs, and then leaves, as the audience boo and hiss. (67, 57, 77)

(The show cuts to some commercials as Justin Credible is helped from the ring, and everything is prepared for the Main Event.)

Announcer: And now, it’s time for the Main Event! This match is one fall, 1 hour time limit, and is for the ROH World Title! Welcoming down to the ring, the No.1 Contender, XAVIER!!

(Xavier is met with a wave of boos as he steps out from behind the curtain. Having been there and done that, however, he looks totally focused on the job at hand as he gets into the ring, and shadow boxes a little, finally settling into his corner)

Announcer: And his opponent, the ROH World Champion, SAMOA JOE!!

(The crowd go berserk for a man that has become almost a phenomenon, rather than a champion, as Samoa Joe steps out with the ROH World Title on his shoulder. Taking his time, he makes his way down to the ring, before handing the ROH Title to the ref, who in turn, hands it to the timekeeper.)

Samoa Joe defeated Xavier by DQ after CM Punk interfered

After some of the technical mastery that occurred earlier in the show, the main event was just a nasty brawl, as both men tried to kick and punch each other’s teeth down their throats. Xavier, clearly intent on regaining his title, tried to use his advantage in speed to work away at Samoa Joe, but Joe kept him cornered, and pummelled away at him with stiff punched and kicks, mostly aiming at Xavier’s legs, to slow the man down. As much as this may have been just a fight, Samoa Joe’s masterful ability to pick at an opponent’s body part, and slow them down to wrestle his game worked in his favour, as Xavier began to tire, and Samoa Joe was able to get him to the ground, and do some damage with some submissions. However, the will for Xavier to win was too great, and he survived the submissions, and even made a mini-comeback, as he took the big man down with several high impact moves, and almost had the pin with the X-Breaker, only for Samoa Joe to kick out at 2 and 33/34th’s! Joe, unfazed, caught Xavier with a stiff forearm to the face, and then planted him with the Island Driver. As he synched in the Choke, CM Punk ran into the ring, and began to pound on Samoa Joe, leaving the ref no choice but to throw the match out. CM Punk beat down on Joe, and as Xavier got up, he began to join in. Just as it looked like the odds overwhelmed Joe, Doug Williams ran down to the ring, and began to throw lefts and rights at Xavier and Punk. Punk was quick to leave the ring, but Xavier was unfortunate enough to get dumped on his head with the Chaos Theory rolling German, leaving him in a crumpled heap in the ring! Punk grabbed in and pulled Xavier away from any more problems, and they left, as Williams helped a groggy Samoa Joe up to his feet. The audience stood on their feet as one and showed their appreciation to this show of respect and allegiance as the camera fades to black. (67,56,79)

Overall Rating – 63%

OOC: Ok, I ran this card before I thought about doing a diary. Therefore, no star ratings, and no overness reports. Also, I probably wouldn’t have had two DQ finishes if I’d have been writing a diary, but meh, I’ve done it now! The next card will be written as I’m doing it, so I’ll be able to put some more into it.

ROH Attendance Numbers In

After a generally well recieved "Anniversary Show" last night in Philidelphia, the attendance has been revealed as being 2413. This looks promising, but only time will tell whether ROH under the reign of Liam Byrne can consistently pull good numbers, or whether the interest of having a new booker will wear thin with time.

As stated before, ROH appaears to have got off to a decent start with the "Anniversary Show". The fans seemed very happy with what was offered up to them in the way of a card, and marked big time for returning superstar Paul London. However, Liam Byrne may do better than to book two DQ finished in the main matches of a supercard, as allow these may set up for some interesting action in the long run, the fans did leave the arena feeling a little cheated out of a clean decisive victory in the last 3 matches.

Credit: www.lordsofpain.net

Byrne Aiming To Stamp Out Violence

With the first show with Liam Byrne under our belts, Byrne has decided to lay down some ground rules for the wrestlers to follow, until further notice. Here are a couple of snippets of a press release written by Liam Byrne, and released to the masses today:

Byrne: Obviously, due to this being my first night of ROH actions, I believe several wrestlers wanted to see how far they could push the boundaries, and what they could or couldn't do to rile me up. As we all know, this is Ring Of Honor, emphasis on the Honor, and I will not tolerate some of the scenes I saw last night. For the time being, the use of weapons is prohibited in ROH, as what occured last night between Homicide and Justin Credible left Credible with a severe concussion and stitches. Fair enough, everyone wants to make an impression on the first night, but I'm going to do everything in my power to protect my investments! The use of a weapon from now on will lead to a written warning, depending on the severity of the case. A repeat showing, however, will warrant a one month suspension.

Also, I would like to warn those who think about interfering in the future. For the time being, do what you want to do, but if I see aftermaths and interference becoming increasingly common, I will forfeit your wage for the show to charity if I believe that your actions in any way have undermined my authority.

I will hold a press conference in the near future, to give some idea of what we plan for the next ROH show, "Expect The Unexpected", again, emanating from Pensylvania.

credit: www.rohwrestling.com

Byrne Loosening Purse Strings?

After flexing his financial muscle in the first month of his reign as booker, Liam Byrne looks set to continue the trend, as he has been seen checking up on two wrestlers in recent days. Firstly, he was seen in the crowd for NWA:TNA Impact, and our sources tell us that his interest was a Mr Steve Corino. This is an interesting possibility, as Corino has wrestled for ROH before, but a potential decision to bring him in may not sit well with Trent Acid, who is said to have more then just a professional distaste for Corino.

A couple of days later, Byrne was seen at an FWA taping, apparently keeping tabs on Burchill. Burchill, having been courted by WWE recently, with a view to a contract for OVW going his way, is one of Liam Byrne's favourite current stars, and believes that he is someone that could do wonders if we see him in an ROH ring.

We shall have more information as soon as we get it.

Burchill Signs To Appear For ROH!

Burchill has signed to appear for ROH in the near future. Liam Byrne is said to be very pleased with this signing, although Burchill is a relative unknown to the US wrestling circuit.

Steve Corino Signs For ROH, Trent Acid Unhappy!

In the last few minutes, we have also been able to confirm that Steve Corino is going to work some dates for ROH in the near future. Having heard of Corino's signing, Trent Acid was said to be unhappy, but has already told Liam Byrne that he is willing to put thier personal differences aside, and work with Corino if he needs to. Several wrestlers, though, are very pleased to see Corino in ROH, believing him to be a major coup for the company.

Samoa Joe, especially, was very vocal about Steve Corino's acquisition being worthwhile to the expanding ROH franchise.

Credit:www.lordsofpain.net

OOC: I will work on the build up, and the card for tonight, and should then be able to post the results tomorrow.

CM Punk Very Vocal About Future ROH Plans!

After the events that transpired in the main event of the "Anniversary Show", CM Punk has been very vocal about his desire to get Samoa Joe and finally beat him for the ROH World Title. CM Punk has told everyone around the locker room that it is a matter of time, and all he needs is one chance, and he'll be "the man" in ROH, like he deserves to be. Many are just blowing off CM Punk's chances of actually getting a shot, as its debatable if Liam Byrne would book Samoa Joe to defend against CM Punk without some more matches to see who else may deserve a shot in time.

However, if CM Punk continues to get into Samoa Joe's face, and be a general nusicance, how long will it be until Joe steps out of line and demands CM Punk's head, whatever the consequences?

Samoa Joe Not Interested In CM Punk Yet

Samoa Joe has told us at www.rohwrestling.com that no matter how interested CM Punk may be in him, that he hasn't beaten anyone of note yet, and therefore doesn't deserve a title shot. Joe did mention that if CM Punk continues to butt in on Joe's business, then CM Punk wouldn't have to wait until a title shot, as Joe would rip his head off the second he can get his hands on him!

CM Punk is reported to have said that Samoa Joe is scared of him, and will do his best to avoid Punk, as Joe knows that inevitably, it will be Punk who takes his title belt from him.

Main Event Scheduled For "Expect The Unexpected",Other Matches Announced

After the backwards and forwards chit chat between Samoa Joe and CM Punk, over who's better than who, Liam Byrne has stepped in and sanctioned the Main Event for "Expect The Unexpected". Those hoping for a CM Punk vs Samoa Joe, may be a little dissapointed though,

In the Main Event at "Expect The Unexpected", Samoa Joe and CM Punk will collide, but in thier corners will be respective tag team partners, Doug Williams and Xavier!

Liam Byrne gave the reason for booking this match as a "way for closure to be brought to the audience who may have felt cheated at the last event". Also, Liam Byrne has promised that if CM Punk, or Xavier for that matter, get the pinfall victory over Samoa Joe in this match, they will be granted a World Title shot down the line!

In other news, Byrne has also booked other matches for the "Expect The Unexpected" card, as HC Loc and Tony Devito will meet Izzie and Dixie in a match to determine the number one contender to the Briscoe's newly won Tag Team Titles. Also, the beginning of an 8 man tournament will be seen at "Expect The Unexpected"

With ROH having two vacant titles, Liam Byrne has decided to put both titles on the line in an 8-man tournament, hoping to offer a glittering prize to the winner, and the best action in the US wrestling scene to the fans! The way this works, is that the First Round matches will take place at "Expect The Unexpected". The four who advance to the next round will them fight in the semi-finals at the next event. Whoever wins the Semi-Finals will go into the final, to wrestle for the ROH Pure Wrestling Title. The difference with this tournament, is that the losers of the Semi-Finals still have a chance to go home with a prize, as they will square of to see who wins the ROH Respect Title, thus crowning two champions in one night, further down the line.

Many wrestlers want to be a part of this 8 man tournament, but at this moment, no names have been confirmed. It is understood that Liam Byrne will announce the wrestlers who will fight in the tournament with a week to go before the show!

So far, the card is looking like this:

Samoa Joe/Doug Williams vs Xavier/CM Punk

If Xavier or CM Punk pin Samoa Joe, they will get a title shot at the next event

Carnage Crew vs Special K

The winner will get a title shot against The Briscoe's at the next event

ROH Pure Respect Tournament

Wrestler A vs Wrestler H

Wrestler B vs Wrestler G

Wrestler C vs Wrestler F

Wrestler D vs Wrestler E

We will bring you the latest when Byrne releases the names who will participate in the Pure Respect tournament.

credit: www.rohwrestling.com

Pure Respect Tournament Competitors Announced!

A press statement naming the 8 wrestlers who will battle in the Pure Respect Tournament at "Expect The Unexpected" has been released this last hour, in an effort to quell the vast numbers of rumours flying around as to who and who wouldn't be in the tournament.

The 8 competitors are:

Alex Shelley

BJ Whitmer

Austin Aries

John Walters

Danny Maff

Burchill

Jack Evans

and,

????

The last name on the release was blurred out, leading to a surge of "who has Byrne signed now?" style rumours. We can't confirm a new signing yet, as it may just be that Byrne wants to hold a regular ROH member back as a surprise, we'll just have to tune in to "Expect The Unexpected" to find out!

The draw for the tournament will occur at the start of "Expect The Unexpected".

Edited by rvdwannabe

Card Finalised for 21/3 "Expect The Unexpected" ROH Show!

Finally, with two days to go until the show, a finalised card has been put out for the ROH "Expect The Unexpected" show. Many of the matches have been announced already, but along to those already confirmed, we will see Homicide in battle, and a chance will be given to the other members of the ROH roster to shine.

Homicide, having been in the bad books of the ROH officials after what he did to Justin Credible at the "Anniversary Show" has been told that he will fight at "Expect The Unexpected", with ROH officials possibly hoping for someone to beat the chip off of Homicide's shoulder. After a long conference, the opponent they found for Homicide will be Paul London! This match promises to be something special, and will Justin Credible make his presence felt, or stay away from the man who put him on the shelf?

As there are several wrestlers on the ROH roster who don't always get to showcase thier ablities at the ROH Super-Shows, Liam Byrne has decided to give some of the more under-utilised wrestlers a chance to shine, as "Expect The Unexpected" will begin with a 10 man Battle Royale! The entrants for the Battle Royale are as follows:

Dunn

Marcos

Rainman

Ricky Reyes

Rocky Romero

Ace Steel

Matt Sydal

Masada

Roderick Strong

and,

Angel Dust

Here is the finalised card for ROH's "Expect The Unexpected", coming to you from Pittsburgh, Penslyvania:

Samoa Joe/Doug Williams vs Xavier/CM Punk

If Xavier or CM Punk pin Samoa Joe, they will get a title shot at the next event

Carnage Crew vs Special K

The winner will get a title shot against The Briscoe's at the next event

ROH Pure Respect Tournament

Wrestler A vs Wrestler H

Wrestler B vs Wrestler G

Wrestler C vs Wrestler F

Wrestler D vs Wrestler E

Entrants: Burchill, Austin Aries, Alex Shelley, BJ Whitmer, John Walters, Danny Maff, Jack Evans, and a mystery entrant!

Homicide vs Paul London

Ten Man Battle Royale

Entrants: Dunn, Marcos, Masada, Rainman, Ricky Reyes, Rocky Romero, Ace Steel, Roderick Strong, Angel Dust and Matt Sydal

We hope you join us for what should be an excellent event!

OOC: Event should be up later today.

The writing was decent but the booking was horrible.

The worst thing that I noticed was CM Punk interfering in the World Title Match. CM Punk follows the code of honor and would not interfere which would break the code of honor.

Bringing in Paul London and Nova are dumb ideas in my mind. While it is possible in the game in real life it wouldn't happen. If you did bring London back in there is no way he would face off against Josh Daniels who almost never wrestles for RoH.

The same thing goes with keeping Joe as the champion even though Aries would be the real champ. The tag team title has the same problem since the Havana Pitbulls are the champions now. Plus since there are two months of shows until the Anniversary show you may have wanted to post some results for those.

Just eliminating the pure title and creating a new title was also a dumb move. There is a website where you can check out recent results and current champs instead of just doing a half-assed job.

Justin Credible doesn't wrestle for RoH anymore and even if he did he wouldn't be good enough to be booked over Homicide by any means.

I see many problems in your booking and your knowledge of RoH. I guess you could fix those things but I don't find it likely. If I was you I would quit this diary and start with an indy fed you know more about or create your own fed. It may sound harsh but that's my best advice. You can write you just don't know your subject.

The worst thing that I noticed was CM Punk interfering in the World Title Match. CM Punk follows the code of honor and would not interfere which would break the code of honor.

Bringing in Paul London and Nova are dumb ideas in my mind. While it is possible in the game in real life it wouldn't happen. If you did bring London back in there is no way he would face off against Josh Daniels who almost never wrestles for RoH.

The same thing goes with keeping Joe as the champion even though Aries would be the real champ. The tag team title has the same problem since the Havana Pitbulls are the champions now. Plus since there are two months of shows until the Anniversary show you may have wanted to post some results for those.

Just eliminating the pure title and creating a new title was also a dumb move. There is a website where you can check out recent results and current champs instead of just doing a half-assed job.

Justin Credible doesn't wrestle for RoH anymore and even if he did he wouldn't be good enough to be booked over Homicide by any means.

I see many problems in your booking and your knowledge of RoH. I guess you could fix those things but I don't find it likely. If I was you I would quit this diary and start with an indy fed you know more about or create your own fed. It may sound harsh but that's my best advice. You can write you just don't know your subject.

Firstly, I didn't delete the Pure Title, I just made another title so I had three titles.

Secondly, Justin Credible wasn't booked over Homicide by a clean pinfall, Homicide purposely got himself DQ'ed.

Thirdly, the update I'm working with, is the way I'm doing it. Therefore, Samoa Joe was the World Champion, and Second City Saints were Tag Team Champions. That was as far as I knew the newest update at the time I started, and I began my diary before the title changes happened (or before I was aware of them). Which also is why people like Justin Credible are in the ROH, because thats what the update gave me. As he is over, I decided to use him for the time being, allowing me to hopefully further other people. I'm only working with what I have in front of me.

Fourthly, I have no TV show at the moment, so I couldn't write any build up shows for the Anniversary Show, whether I wanted to or not.

Fifthly, I adressed the Interference thing (I did the first show before I decided to do a Diary, so thats why there was interference in it, as I wasn't running it as a Code Of Honor type ROH). Therefore, from now on, the Code Of Honor is in place (as I did point out...well, a clamp down on general rule breaking)

Sixthly, ROH may not book Josh Daniels, but that doesn't mean I can't. He was just fodder for a returning Paul London, as I didn't wanna use someone that could be of use in the future, just as a sacrifice to London.

Seventhly (I know I'm inventing things now, but meh), Nova and Paul London may not be good choices in your eyes, but London has wrestled for ROH before, so thats not that much of a big stretch to see him working again. Fair enough, Nova may be a little more "sports entertainment" than others on the ROH roster, but if they (in real life) at one time booked Justin Credible, then I'm sure Nova is a believeable addition to ROH (his style suits a lot more as well).

Eight-thly.....I appreciate your feedback, but I just think that some of the problems you noted were addressed earlier on, and I didn't need them to be pointed out again.

Ninthly, if the Title holders, and who is being booked bothers you, just think of it as a retro ROH diary (even if its only by a month)....I never said the diary was completely up to date, so you don't have to see it that way either.

Edited by rvdwannabe

If you did bring London back in there is no way he would face off against Josh Daniels who almost never wrestles for RoH-Maggel

Well frankly I have something to say there.

Kid Romeo does not appear regularly in TNA but yet he was bought and fed to Jeff Hardy at iMpact! so frankly its the same thing

I'm not saying he has to book exactly like RoH does but maybe he should have used information current to when he started booking shows in the diary. If you start a diary about a real wrestling promotion you should know something about it.

I'm not saying Daniels shouldn't be booked against London because he's rarely booked I'm saying London is way above Daniels and should probably be booked against somebody who is worth wrestling him. Somebody who is on the same level as him.

By taking a real promotion you are accepting all of their history as part of your backstory and you should follow it up. CM Punk and Samoa Joe have faced off three times fighting to two draws and then Joe beat Punk so they have some history besides just Punk running in on Joe. That's the problem. He makes all these feuds up without dealing with any of the real history of RoH. Many people take real promotions and change the future of the promotion and make it their own but they don't just drop what has happened. That is the problem with this diary.

Guest buddman3164life

Magell, I must agree with BseeingU. This game is designed to allow an individual to run a particular company the way that they would like to.

If you were looking for a realistic diary, you should have been searching for a new one as soon as you saw this part of rvdwannabe's first post in this thread:

New Head Booker For ROH! Young Unknown UK Booker!

In what can only be seen as a shock move, Ring Of Honor have recently installed a new director of the company, to run the wrestling side of the ROH brand. This is, we understand, so that the powers that be can focus more on enhancing ROH as a brand.

What is shocking about this news is the relevant obscurity of the person they have put in charge. Liam Byrne, a young promoter from the UK has been flown over, and signed to a multi-year contract at the helm of ROH. Whether this is a good decision remains in the balance. However, it will be interesting to see what changes are made in ROH in the near future, and what talent Mr Byrne can get his hands on.

Edited by buddman3164life