Juve sign Mutu

RawIsWar

Juventus have announced the signing of former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu on a five-year contract.

The Bianconeri have long been linked with Mutu, ever since he was sacked by Chelsea earlier this season for a positive drugs test.

Mutu was banned until May by the Football Association for his failed test and that suspension was made worldwide by Fifa.

Despite not being able to play until after May, Juve have agreed terms with him.

"Juventus have obtained the services of Romanian striker Adrian Mutu," said a Juventus statement.

"With Bianconeri he has signed a five-year deal."

Mutu will reportedly be paid €1 million at Stadio Delle Alpi and he will actually be eligible for Juve's last two games of the season - as they come after his ban has expired.

The 26-year-old cost Chelsea just under £16 million when he arrived from Parma in the summer of 2003.

His Stamford Bridge career started brightly, but he soon lost his way and his stay in English football ended in disgrace when he failed a drugs test.

Chelsea took the brave decision of cutting all their ties with the player by sacking him, which has now allowed him to join Juve on a free transfer - something which The Blues may yet object to.

Source: SkySports.com

Holy shit!

We tried to get him ages back before the season started but it fell through I think. Heck he's had trouble with the drug crap but I'm not complaining one bit. I think he's a good striker and he'll add something to our team. Plus we've got Trez returning this week so this is damn good. He's not world class but he can certainly score some goals for us and give us backup so that we can rest Zlatan, Del and Trez at times.

:)

Juventus have announced the signing of former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu on a five-year contract.

The Bianconeri have long been linked with Mutu, ever since he was sacked by Chelsea earlier this season for a positive drugs test.

Mutu was banned until May by the Football Association for his failed test and that suspension was made worldwide by Fifa.

Despite not being able to play until after May, Juve have agreed terms with him.

"Juventus have obtained the services of Romanian striker Adrian Mutu," said a Juventus statement.

"With Bianconeri he has signed a five-year deal."

Mutu will reportedly be paid €1 million at Stadio Delle Alpi and he will actually be eligible for Juve's last two games of the season - as they come after his ban has expired.

The 26-year-old cost Chelsea just under £16 million when he arrived from Parma in the summer of 2003.

His Stamford Bridge career started brightly, but he soon lost his way and his stay in English football ended in disgrace when he failed a drugs test.

Chelsea took the brave decision of cutting all their ties with the player by sacking him, which has now allowed him to join Juve on a free transfer - something which The Blues may yet object to.

Source: SkySports.com

Im pretty shocked a team this high would bother with him, there better without him

The drug stuff is pathetic. He took drugs, who gives two fucks? I like football for what happens on the pitch, I couldn't care what people do away from it. If they do there job on that pitch then I'm happy. They can go take any drugs, beat people up and do what the heck they want off the pitch.

Guest Small Blue

It isn't exagerated - do you remember when Lee Bowyer and Johnathan Woodgate got in trouble for beating that asian man up?

Sorry, wait. I've actually read the post now.

Edited by Small Blue

I dont rate him that good, he didnt exactly shine at Chelsea and under Ranieri he was given a good chance along with Crespo and none of them shined, there not as good as first anticipated IMO

I dont rate him that good, he didnt exactly shine at Chelsea and under Ranieri he was given a good chance along with Crespo and none of them shined, there not as good as first anticipated IMO

That obviously proves it was just Chelsea.

Crespo is fucking awesome at Milan, whereas he was shit at Chelsea. Mutu had some great games at Chelsea but like said he wasn't anything special there.

Mark my words, Mutu will be better than everyone expects him to be.

Yeah, the guy is brilliant.

He's so young and yet he's so talented. You know that within time he can easily become one of the best around. He's got some amazing footwork. You seen the goal he scored for Ajax before he came to Juve? I only see it last week and it was superb. He made the entire opposite team look pathetic. He's actually smart on the ball too. He doesn't panic really at all and he knows when to hold the ball up and so on. He's saved us quite a few times this year, one or two times in the CL too.

So in other words I think the guys great and he can only get better too. He's slowly working a good partnership with Trez too after this weekends game. I cant wait to see Mutu/Zlatan together up front, should be pretty damn good. I'm really hoping we don't let go of Del though like said, I still think he's a crucial player for us.

yeah. I imagined you would.

I've seen the goal.. i considered it the best goal of 2004 as i said in the greatest goal thread. :)

He also is quite fast and agile, for a man his size. You probably remember his goal VS Italy in the euro2004 even if you wouldn't want to :P

He makes incredible stuff looks simple.. I'm a fan myself.

That goal against Italy was the biggest skank ever :angry:

Crespo is fucking awesome at Milan, whereas he was shit at Chelsea

Depends what you consider shit. Crespo's goals to games ratio in the Premiership was only beaten by one man last season, and that was Henry. Hardly shit in my opinion.