*Contains Spoiler* Nip/Tuck Back For Season Three

Fitzy

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The plastic surgeons of FX's provocative series "Nip/Tuck" will be slicing and dicing for two more seasons.

Series creator Ryan Murphy has signed a deal with the network to stay on with the show for seasons three and four, along with executive producers Greer Shephard and Michael Robin, the cable network announced Tuesday (Jan. 11). The show's third season, consisting of 15 episodes, will debut in late summer or early fall.

"Over 'Nip/Tuck's' first two seasons, Ryan Murphy has displayed one of the sharpest and most original television voices ever," FX Entertainment president John Landgraf says. "We're overjoyed that his vision will remain in place for two more seasons."

Murphy's return wasn't assured as the show wound down its second season, despite strong ratings -- it's the No. 1 basic-cable series among adults 18-49 -- and Golden Globe nominations for best drama series and for stars Julian McMahon and Joely Richardson.

He was quoted as saying he might be done with the show after two years and a season finale in which McMahon's character, Dr. Christian Troy, appeared to be at the mercy of a killer. He was also looking ahead to directing his first feature film, an adaptation of the Augusten Burroughs memoir "Running with Scissors."

That project is still on track to begin filming in March, and Murphy will be back with the show for its next season.

"'Nip/Tuck' has been an extremely gratifying series for myself, Greer Shephard and Mike Robin to produce and direct," Murphy says. "We are anxious to being work on season three and look forward to working with our incredible cast and crew."

Landgraf also said Tuesday -- the opening day of the TV Critics Association winter press tour -- that FX would likely launch its fourth drama series during the summer. The network has two pilots from which to pick: "Thief," which stars Andre Braugher ("Homicide," "Gideon's Crossing") as a professional burglar, and "Over There," an Iraq-set military drama from Steven Bochco ("NYPD Blue") and "Mississippi Burning" writer Chris Gerolmo.

I would be so freakin' pissed if they didn't decide to pick Nip/Tuck up for a third season...it'd be the dumbest thing they could ever do, with all the hype it was given...and it was pulling in what I believe is the best ratings that FX has ever gotten. The Shield I don't really care for, however I like the main character. Rescue Me I hope also returns, which was getting over in the ratings, not as well as Nip/Tuck, but still really good. I can't wait for this summer/fall for their returns.