Football Matches Reviews

I stole this idea from the last forum, I think it was either ChrisSteele or Foley_Funker who opened the original topic and its back again.

Basically you rate the football matches you have seen on:

Atmosphere /10

Quality of Football /10

Overall /10

Heres mine: (doesnt have to be as detailed, just bored right now)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match: Leicester City vs. Portsmouth

Date: 8th May 2004

Competition: Barclaycard Premiership

Venue: Walkers Stadium

Well it was a great day all around, the first time I had been to see Leicester in 7 years and my first visit to the Walkers Stadium. We were already relegated from the premiership but the crowd's spirit was not dampened and Portsmouth were in for a tough afternoon.

Parked opposite a Safeways and a Pub about four minutes walk from the stadium and cost five quid but hell it was pretty close to the stadium - we would live to regret that after the match. Walked down to the stadium and quite an experience seeing a lot of Leicester fans seeing as my dad only knows one other person in Barnstaple who supports Leicester. Bought a match program for 3 quid which wasn't too bad and actually was really good for the recent information like Alan Birchenall's charity run and the new Fosse Gold Away Kit.

Walked around the stadium and found the club megastore, by now it was two thirty and I was in two minds if to go in or not (with around 1,000 people if not more in there already). I did and headed straight over to the kit area were I grabbed the Black Goalkeeper top, tried it on and it fitted well so I went and got in the line to the checkouts. Ten minutes later and I was at the front of what was a massive line. Bought my shirt and headed outside.

Walked around and got into the stadium, found our seats in row FF of the West Stand which were high enough to see all the pitch easily and the stadium sure looked really decent in person. Birch had already finished his run but at 10 to 3 came out onto the pitch and gave the old introduction to the match and told the Leicester fans to stay behind after the match for an interview with the team (more like to keep us off the Portsmouth fans I'll imagine). The horn sounded and it was time for the match.

We near enough dominated the first half and marked Yakubu to shit so he couldn't do anything when he had the ball. Inside 12 minutes and down the opposite end from us Dickov it looked like had scored from the most tight angle possible, he hadn't it was an own goal but we were 1-0 up! The Portsmouth fans continued with the "You're going down" chants to which we replied, "We know, We know". Before long it was two nil and we were looking good. The Pompy fans shut up then and the Leicester fans started chanting: "Premiership? Ure havin' a laugh!" and then "Your not singing anymore!". Half time came and I decided to stay in the stand rather than fight it out around the inside of the stadium. My uncle went off and got some food and got back in the 65 minute...

Portsmouth got off to a good start in the second half and we backed off to allow them to get a goal back through Nigel Quashie, the fans started chanting, "Micky Adams...Micky Adams" he needed to do something. Adams waited and with fifteen minutes to go Dickov had a shot deflected to Scowcroft who put it home for 3-1! Trevor Benjamin came on and with his first touch of the ball slipped over onto his head which drew a mixture of boos and cheers. Muzzy Izzet was taken off to a massive standing ovation, we all knew it was his last home game for Leicester City and what a sendoff he got!

The final whisle came and all the players came on the pitch with a "Keep The Faith, we will be back in 2005" banner before Alan Birchenall conducted some interviews with players like Muzzy, Big Les and Dickov (who said he was staying - i bet hes a liar). We left and spent two hours trying to get out of Leicester, next time we won't park so close to the stadium. Great day out, great match.

Atmosphere: 10/10

Quality of Football: 6/10

Overall: 9/10

Guest OnlyOneKeano

Yep it was FoleyFunker (Myself)

I Havent been to any more as the season as ended , but with my season ticket nearing arrival i will be doing 21 match reports for spurs :)

Guest Blads

Chelsea Vs. Monaco

Atmosphere 10/10 - Fantastic

Quality of Football 7/10 - Not a night for quality, we needed goals.

Overall 8/10 - Not the right result, but the scenes after the game will stay with me for a long long time.

Chelsea Vs. leeds

Atmosphere 8/10 - Bit off a party atmosphere

Quality of Football 9/10 - The party tricks came out, Joe Cole was awesome.

Overall - 9/10 - ONE RANIERI! THERE'S ONLY ONE RANIERI!

Liverpool vs. Middlesboro

Atmosphere 8/10: Felt that Middlesboro fans sung louder than Liverpool fans. (I'm a Man Utd supporter by the way)

Quality of Football: 6/10: Bit messy, both sides gave away the ball alot.

Overall: I may have been a neutral supporter but I still enjoyed my day out. 9/10