Miami Vice marathon

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Guest Crimson Nightmare

I guess Entertainment would be the place to post this. Just letting everyone know that since 4:00 CST TV Land has been airing a Miami Vice marathon that will continue till about 4:00 AM I believe. I'm not sure. Either way, that's alot of Miami Vice for your viewing pleasure. They're also advertising the upcoming DVD set during it (which is naturally why they're airing the show it seems), just giving a heads up to all.

I would be happy but I don't get TV Land here in Canada. Our retro station is called "Dejaview" which hosted a Miami Vice marathon on January 26th. Sadly it wasn't very good as they only aired 6 episodes before replaying them. It was a 24 hour marathon but really it was 4 six hour chunks of the same shows. The worst part was they were out of order which didn't make much sense. Doesn't matter though, my DVD set will be here this week!

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Strange question, but towards the later seasons of Miami Vice, what was up with the strange "Supernatural" themed episodes? I mean they were cool and all, just..not what I'd expect to see on Miami Vice.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

*Scratches his head confusedly* I looked up photos of the 355 Spider and I don't recall ever seeing one of those in Vice. I know the Daytona was the first car, which was blown up, and then there was a white Testarossa (which is one of my favorite tv-cars of all time), but the 355 just isin't ringing any bells. Did I miss something? (Although I have seen this car in the first Outrun arcade game, and some other places). In my opinion, even when it was really bad, it was still kind of good, bad Miami Vice is still seemingly better than most newer shows on TV.

My favorite moment from the whole series still lies in the first episode (well, I'm pretty sure it's the first), where Crockett and Tubbs are in the Daytona, driving (cool camera angles I might add), Phil Collin's "In the Air Tonight" in the background, Tubbs is loading shells into a rifle, and you just knew something was about to go down. Gah that was good TV.