WWE: RAW Versus Smackdown

Demon

WWE RAW

LIVE from the America West Arena, in Phoenix, Arizona!

As the show begins, we see a video package showing the final seconds of the Batista-Triple H match last week, with the big man delivering the sit-out power bomb and getting the three count. We then see HHH’s angry face as the entire arena sang about his departure. Next, Chevelle’s ‘Vitamin R’, the theme of Backlash, kicks up as we see clips of Batista costing Edge his match against Chris Benoit two weeks ago and Shawn Michaels attacking Edge last week. We then see a clip of Eric Bischoff announcing that Edge would make a decision on his opponent for Backlash TONIGHT. ‘Across The Nation’ now kicks up, and the RAW introduction video plays before we cut to a LIVE shot of the arena which we pan around. The camera also allows us to catch a glimpse of what appears to be a steel cage hanging from the top of the arena.

JR:”Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Monday Night RAW! I’m Jim Ross and beside me as always is Jerry Lawler, and what a show we have in store for you!”

King:”That’s right, JR, but I have a question and I think everyone else is asking the same thing. WHY is there a steel cage hanging from the top of the arena?!”

JR:”I have no clue, King, but you know that that must mean that something big is gonna happen tonight on RAW, just one week away from Backlash!”

King:”Speaking of Backlash, tonight Edge is gonna make his decision!”

JR:”That’s right, King. Will he face Batista and use his ONE title shot, or will he face Shawn Michaels and have the opportunity to get TWO title shots?”

King:”Time will tell, JR. But--Hey, whoa. You hear that?!”

--A Challenge

What King is referring to is the opening lines of Kid Rock’s ‘Legs’ playing over the PA system. The crowd start to go wild and Lawler joins them as STACY KEIBLER walks out onto the stage. Stacy is smiling and she waves to the crowd as she waits for the cheers to die down so she can talk into the microphone she brought with her.

King:”Man, JR, she is quite the woman!”

JR:”Indeed she is.”

King:”She’s not your type, though. She’s not inflatable.”

Stacy:”I know most of you are wondering where my friend, Randy Orton, has been the last few weeks and I can honestly tell you that I don’t know. He won’t return my calls, and the only reason I can come up with is he’s planning to do something big. Something that would make a huge impact. And Randy, if you’re listening, I want to tell you to be careful. Don’t do anything you might regret. When I told you to make an impact a few weeks ago, I didn’t mean for you to do anything stupid. But since Randy has been gone, I’ve been thinking a lot. And I’ve realized that I want to once again become a manager. Which is why I went and hunted down two of the best athletes on the RAW roster to be my new clients. And I found two great superstars in my search. One is a former ECW World and Television champion, and the other is a former WWE Cruiserweight and Tag Team Champion. And together, they are challenging the World Tag Team Champions, La Resistance, to a title match at Backlash. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my new clients, Rhyno and Tajiri, THE HOUSE OF PAIN!”

Suddenly, the ‘This Is Extreme’ ECW theme kicks up and Tajiri and Rhyno walk out next to Stacy, playing to the crowd. Together, the trio walk to the ring as they play to the crowd, and once they reach the ring their music stops.

Stacy:”And to show that these two men are capable of taking over this company, we are challenging any two men in the back to a match! Come on down and enter The House Of Pain!”

Maven’s music suddenly starts up, and Maven himself walks out along with Simon Dean. Together, they walk to the ring.

JR:”We have ourselves a match!”

OR:76

The House Of Pain Versus Maven and Simon Dean

This was a match designed to show off the new team of Tajiri/Rhyno, and it did it’s job. The match began with all four men in the ring, brawling, but the referee got the situation under control and Tajiri was chosen to start in the ring along with Maven. Tajiri used a variety of kicks on the first Tough Enough winner, but Maven eventually blocked one and then took over the match, working on Tajiri’s right leg with tons of submissions. Finally, Maven tagged in Simon Dean, who followed in his partner’s footsteps by beating on The Japanese Buzzsaw’s leg. However, Tajiri managed to kick Simon in the face before diving and tagging Rhyno, who charged in and GORED Simon Dean to get the early victory. Afterwards, La Resistance ran down to the ring and began brawling with The House Of Pain until security had to run down and hold the teams apart.

Winners: The House Of Pain OR:74 CR:68 MQ:80

JR::”And it looks like La Resistance have accepted The House Of Pain’s challenge, so this Sunday at Backlash it’ll be Robert Conway and Sylvan Grenier defending their World Tag Team Championships against Tajiri And Rhyno! What a match-up.”

--Bischoff Makes A Match

We now go to the back, where Lita and Christy Hemme are talking in a hallway.

Lita:”I mean, did you see what Trish did to me last week? Making me lose that match against Molly Holly was the last straw.”

Christy:”You said it.”

Lita:”Which is why I’ve challenged her to a match at Backlash.”

Christy:”Wait…what?”

Lita:”Yeah. I challenged her. So I can win her belt and beat some sense into her.”

Christy:”But…that was my shot.”

Lita:”What do you mean, YOUR shot?! You had your chance at Wrestlemania!”

Christy:”What is your problem?! We--”

Suddenly, Eric Bischoff pops into the picture with a big smile on his face. The girls continue arguing until he finally speaks up.

Bischoff:”Listen…ladies. I have a proposition. How about…three way action?”

The girls look outraged at Bischoff’s comment, and Lita slaps him.

Bischoff:”OUCH! Not like that! I mean as in a three way match!”

Lita:”…..I’m listening.”

Bischoff:”At Backlash, Trish Stratus will defend her Women’s Championship against both Christy Hemme AND Lita. How about that.”

Christy:”Fine.”

Lita:”Fine.”

The two ladies go their separate ways, angry at each other as Bischoff is left alone.

OR:84

COMMERCIALS

*Slam Of The Week: Christian hits the Unprettier on Chris Benoit last week, winning the four way number one contender match to gain a Intercontinental Title shot at Backlash.*

JR:”Welcome back to RAW, ladies and gentlemen, and the show is brought to you tonight by Pizza Hut, makers of the best pizza’s known to man.”

King:”And Playstation 2. Live in your world, play in ours.”

JR:”Up next is a tag team match that should be quite interesting considering the fact that Shelton Benjamin, who will be teaming with Chris Jericho, will be defending his Intercontinental Championship at Backlash against Christian, who tonight is teaming with his ‘Problem Solver’ known as Tyson Tomko.”

Christian and Tyson Tomko Versus Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho

This match, of course, was to hype the Christian-Shelton Benjamin Intercontinental Championship match at Backlash. All four men pulled off a decent match, and even Tomko did a good job here. Jericho started with Christian’s ‘Problem Solver’ as the match began, and got beat on for quite awhile. However, he managed to fight back by reversing an Irish Whip and knocking Tyson down with a cross body for a one count. Jericho then went to work on Tomko’s leg, so he could set up The Walls Of Jericho later. It was not to be, however, as Tomko fought back and tagged Christian. Christian went back and forth with Jericho for a while, until Y2J finally got a chance and tagged Shelton Benjamin. Christian wanted nothing to do with him, though, and tagged Tomko who came in and got knocked down by Shelton. Benjamin proceeded to beat on Tomko, until he got tired of that and THREW Tomko into Christian, counting it as a tag. Christian poked Benjamin in the eyes and went for the roll up victory, but Y2J stopped the count. Benjamin and Christian then went back and forth until finally the Intercontinental Champion fought out of the Unprettier and hit a fisherman suplex for the victory.

Winners: Benjamin/Y2J OR:77 CR:76 MQ:78

JR:”Shelton Benjamin gets the win, and you have to wonder if this is an omen!”

King:”An omen? No way! Christian WILL win at Backlash, JR. I guarantee it!”

JR:”That remains to be seen, King, but it COULD happen.”

--Discrimination Is Wrong

We now go backstage, where Muhammed Hassan is standing in front of the RAW logo along with Khosrow Daivari and Jim Cornette. Lillian Garcia seems to be interviewing them.

Lillian:”Muhammed, what--”

Cornette:”Ya know what? Shut up, and get out of my way.”

Cornette shoves Lillian out of the picture and then turns to the camera.

Cornette:”Last week, that big idiot you people out there call Kane got what he deserved when I took my trusty tennis racket and I broke it over his demented skull! But please excuse me, because I know some of you don’t know who I am. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jim Cornette, and incase you’re wondering why I’ve returned to the WWE, let me give you the simple answer. Knowing that I’m the best manager in the business, Mr. Hassan here hired me as his very own Executive Consultant.”

Hassan:”That’s right. Mr. Cornette understands me, and he knows about the kind of things that are done to me here in this country. That’s why he’s become my agent, so he can protect me from American discrimination!”

Cornette:”I’ve worked with foreigners before, and I’m glad to do it again. Muhammed Hassan is a great athlete, and he should be treated as one. He should NOT be treated like a piece of junk, but people treat him like one anyway. What a disgraceful kind of people we’ve become here in American! It’s completely disgraceful! And Kane, if you decide you wanna put your nose into my client’s business tonight, then we have a little something planned for ya in advance.”

Cornette grins as the picture fades out with Daivary translating his words into Arabian.

OR:74

COMMERCIALS

*Smackdown! Rebound: Early in the show, a large group of wrestlers gain a grudge against Theodore Long, and later in the night he is attacked by a mystery person.*

--The Main Event Is Made

As we return, we get a shot of Eric Bischoff in his office, looking through some papers on his couch. Suddenly, The Coach walks in.

Bischoff:”Ah, Coach! Has Edge arrived?”

Coach sits down next to a smiling Bischoff, and Bischoff looks at him as his smile slowly turns to a frown. Coach finally gets the point, and moves down the couch.

Coach:”No, sorry Mr. Bischoff. No one has seen him yet, and I’ve checked with security.”

Bischoff:”Damn. Backlash is THIS SUNDAY, Coach! We need a main event!”

Suddenly, the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, walks into the room and both Coach and Bischoff stand up.

Batista:”So, what’s the deal, Bischoff? Who am I facing at Backlash?”

Bischoff:”Well…the thing is…”

Batista:”You don’t know? Bischoff, last week I humiliated Triple H in front of the entire world. Last week I showed everyone that my victory at Wrestlemania was NOT a fluke, and now I don’t have a match at Backlash? I’m the World Heavyweight Champion, damnit!”

Bischoff has turned white in fear, and Batista looks like he’s going to break him in half. Suddenly, none other than Shawn Michaels enters the room. He looks surprised to see Batista, and he goes face to face with him in front of Bischoff.

HBK:”Hey there, champ. Just swung by to talk to Eric about you. And about who you’ll be facing at Backlash. And Eric, if Edge doesn’t show up to make his decision tonight then I’d be more than happy to fight for the World Heavyweight Championship this Sunday.”

Batista:”That sounds like a challenge.”

HBK:”Maybe it is.”

You can cut the tension with a knife at this point, and Bischoff suddenly speaks.

Bischoff:”I…I’m sure Edge will be here. In the mean time, why don’t you two go get ready. You seem so eager to fight, tonight’s main event will be Batista Versus Shawn Michaels in a non-title bout.”

Shawn Michaels nods, and then leaves. Batista goes to leave, but before he does he says one last thing to Bischoff.

Batista:”You better have answers by the end of the night.”

Bischoff is left alone, white as a ghost, with Coach who we see is now on the couch, holding the Christy Hemme Playboy issue sideways and apparently looking at her center fold. Bischoff turns to him and coughs.

Coach:”Wow. Now SHE…is fine. I’d just like to--”

Bischoff coughs louder, and Coach drops the magazine.

Coach:”Oh. Heh. Sorry, Mr. Bischoff, what were you saying?”

Bischoff:”Go get me something.”

Coach:”Like what?”

Bischoff:”I DON’T KNOW, JUST GO GET ME SOMETHING!”

Coach:”Okay, let’s say I went and got you SOMETHING. What would it be, exactly?”

Bischoff:”DAMNIT COACH, I DON’T KNOW! JUST GET ME SOME COFFEE OR SOMETHING!”

Coach leaves the room, and Bischoff flops onto the couch, obviously having a bad day.

OR:78

JR:”Shawn Michaels Versus Batista? TONIGHT?! Bah gawd, what a match!”

King:”It should be great, JR, but what’s up with Edge? Where is he?!”

JR:”I don’t know but right now it’s time for Muhammed Hassan to take on The Hurricane. And Hassan will of course be accompanied by his ‘Executive Consultant’, Jim Cornette, who made his return to the WWE last week.”

Muhammed Hassan Versus The Hurricane

The entire match, the announcers kept speculating on whether Kane would interfere and Muhammed Hassan looked distracted by this possibility. However, after some brawling Hassan kept his RAW undefeated streak alive due to Jim Cornette cheating and hitting Hurricane with his tennis racket when the referee wasn’t looking.

Winner: Hassan OR:71 CR:67 MQ:75

JR:”And Hassan gets the win with the help of Jim Cornette, but King I cannot believe that the monster, Kane, didn’t show up during this--BAH GAWD, I SPOKE TOO SOON!”

--Outsmarting The Monster

JR says that as flames burst from the stage and Kane himself emerges from behind the curtain. In the ring, The Hurricane rolls out and Muhammed Hassan is left standing in the center of it with a nervous Daivari and a wide-eyed Jim Cornette beside him. Kane looks at the trio, and then gives the cut-throat signal as we get a close-up of a scared Jim Cornette. However, Cornette breaks out of his shock and suddenly begins waving his arms in the air and screaming, ‘Bring it down now!’ over and over. Even Kane looks a little confused, though he doesn’t take his eyes off of Muhammed Hassan.

JR:”What is Cornette doing?! What’s he--wait a minute! That cage is lowering, bah gawd! That’s Cornette’s plan?!”

King:”Apparently it is, JR!”

Indeed, the steel cage hanging from the top of the arena begins to lower as Cornette continues to motion for it to come down and Khosrow Daivari begins to scream in Arabian at Kane, who begins to walk slowly down the ramp way, smirking. Kane moves a lot faster than the cage, even though he’s walking, and Cornette notices this. Thus, as Kane reaches the end of the ramp way, Cornette grabs Daivari and throws him out of the ring into the arms of Kane!

JR:”Cornette just threw Daivari to the wolves! He just sacrificed Daivari!”

Kane finds this whole situation funny, and starts to laugh until suddenly his expression goes serious as he lifts Daivari into a military press position and then DROPS HIM ON THE CROWD BARRICADE!

JR:”OUCH! BAH GAWD, DID YOU HEAR THAT?!”

By this time, the cage is nearly lowered to the ground and Kane begins to stomp on Daivari, not even taking notice. Finally, the cage reaches the ground and Kane finally turns to it. Jim Cornette begins mocking The Big Red Machine, and the fans pop as the monster begins to climb the cage. However, this seems to be part of Cornette’s plan as he suddenly pulls out two pairs of handcuffs and reaches through the cage, handcuffing Kane’s right hand to the steel as Muhammed Hassan handcuffs the other. Kane is now hanging off the side of the cage, struggling to get out and Cornette begins to laugh along with Hassan, who opens the door to the cage and walks over to the side of the ring, pulling out a steel chair.

JR:”Bah gawd, Kane is hanging from the side of the cage! He can’t get off the cage!”

Hassan brings the chair to the spot where Kane is hanging, and he smacks the steel chair over The Big Red Machine’s back several times. WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!

JR:”Good gawd, stop it!”

King:”Kane is really getting it, JR!”

Suddenly, Lita comes running from the back but Jim Cornette runs out and goes to stop her. She tackles him, though, and then grabs Muhammed Hassan’s steel chair. He rips it back out of her hands, however, and then SMACKS IT OVER THE HEAD OF LITA! Kane has twisted his head to watch this, and he is now completely pissed off. Hassan begins taunting him, and suddenly The Big Red Machine breaks his right hand free, grabbing Hassan by the throat with the hand before slamming him into the steel cage. Hassan is dazed, and this allows Kane to take a few steps up the cage. The monster then JUMPS OFF the side of the cage, using his weight to break the other pair of handcuffs and clotheslining Hassan in the process!

JR:”Bah gawd, this is brutal! Kane just used all his weight to break free from the cage, and he used that same weight to plow down Muhammed Hassan, after that bastard hit Lita over the head with the steel chair!”

Kane is hurt badly, but he bends over Lita anyway to check on her. While The Big Red Machine does this, however, Hassan recovers and picks up the dented steel chair before crashing it over the skull of Kane from behind! Kane does not go down, though, and instead he stands up before grabbing Hassan by the throat and smashing his face into the side of the steel cage. Kane now begins to pummel Hassan with rights and lefts, until finally security makes it’s long overdue appearance. A group of medics also come out to tend with Lita, and the security guards swarm Kane, grabbing him from behind. The monster is on a unstoppable rampage, however, and he begins to beat the hell out of the guards with rights and lefts. Meanwhile, a recovered Jim Cornette begins to drag Muhammed Hassan to the back, with Daivari stumbling after them. Kane is blinded with rage and doesn’t notice, though, and he continues to fight the security guards until finally a voice is heard.

Voice:”Stop! Kane, stop!”

Suddenly, none other than Eric Bischoff appears on the titan tron, an angry look on his face.

Bischoff:”Listen, I know you’re angry. But please, stop before someone is KILLED! And if you do stop…if you leave those poor men alone…then I can give you something you want VERY badly. I can give you a match with Muhammed Hassan at Backlash. Not just any match, but a No Holds Barred, STEEL CAGE Match!”

Kane seems to like the idea, and he gets a sadistic smile on his face as he nods slowly.

Bischoff:”Then it’s settled. And to Muhammed Hassan….I say this…..*We get a close-up of Bischoff who looks very serious* may god have mercy on your soul.”

Hassan, Cornette, and Daivari all look worried and hurt, but Kane is still smiling and nodding, with the bodies of several security guards all around him.

OR:74

JR:”Jesus, what a hellacious match that is gonna be this Sunday at Backlash, if what just happened happens again at Backlash! Bah gawd, Kane is a MONSTER!”

King:”What about Lita? What about the puppies?! She’s hurt!”

COMMERCIALS

--I Can’t Believe I Let That Happen

As we return from the break, we see Eric Bischoff in his office with The Coach. They are both sitting on Bischoff’s leather couch, and Bischoff himself looks more stressed than ever. Coach, meanwhile, is eating a turkey sandwich which is overloaded with mayo and lettuce.

Bischoff:”How could I have let that happen? Damnit, I can’t even control my superstars.”

Coach:”*His mouth full* Dghonght whgory Mghster Bisghgoff, ygho--”

Bischoff:”You know what, Coach? Don’t even bother trying to comfort me. I mean, I guess it could be worse though. Theodore Long over on Smackdown got his ASS KICKED last week. Talk about not being able to control your own superstars. I mean, what--”

Suddenly, the phone that is sitting next to Bischoff starts to ring and he picks it up.

Bischoff:”Hello, general manager of RAW……What? Edge is here?! It’s about damn time! And--what? HE’S here as well? That’s perfect. Just perfect. Tell Edge I want his decision to be made in the ring, and tell HIM to get in my office immediately.”

Bischoff hangs up the phone, and looks at Coach who is wildly trying to keep his sandwich in his hands. However, mayonnaise is flying everywhere and pieces of lettuce are dropping to the ground rapidly.

Bischoff:”Our problems are solved.”

Bischoff smiles and the scene fades out.

OR:82

JR:”Welcome back to RAW, folks, and what is Bischoff talking about exactly?”

King:”I hope it’s a new RAW diva! Puppies!”

JR:”Well it is now time for our main event, and Edge has not yet announced his opponent at Backlash. But from what we just saw, it appears that he is here!”

King:”Let’s go to the ring, though, JR. It’s Shawn Michaels Versus Batista in a non-title match. This should be good!”

Batista Versus Shawn Michaels

The match started with both men staring each other down, and when they finally locked up Batista got the advantage, scoop slamming HBK to the mat. Michaels got right back up, though, and blocked a right hand before throwing Batista across the ring and into the corner. Shawn then went for a Stinger Splash, but Batista got out of the way before clotheslining HBK. The two then went back and forth like this for a good ten minutes, while the announcers speculated on Edge’s location. Finally, Edge made his way to the ring to no music and walked around ringside while watching the match. Then, when HBK had Batista set up for the Sweet Chin Music, Edge grabbed his leg and Shawn was distracted. Batista then hit the sit-out power bomb on Michaels for the three count. Afterwards, Edge slid into the ring and delivered a devastating SPEAR to The Heartbreak Kid.

Winner: Batista OR:79 CR:81 MQ:75

JR:”And Batista gets the win, thanks to Edge! Does this mean Edge has decided to face Shawn Michaels at Backlash?!”

--Making An Impact

Edge, after spearing HBK, now gets in Batista’s face. The two begin badmouthing each other until suddenly ‘Back In Black’ by AC/DC starts to play and Eric Bischoff walks out to a mixed reaction. Bischoff walks down to the ring, smiling, and when he gets in he starts to talk into a microphone he brought with him.

Bischoff:”And now, it’s time for what everyone in this arena has been waiting for. Edge, please, tell us who you have chosen to face at Backlash. And remember, if you choose Batista that is the only title shot you’ll be getting for the foreseeable future. But if you choose to face Shawn Michaels, then you get the opportunity to get TWO title shots. Which do you want, then, Edge?”

Edge is given a microphone from someone at ringside, and he pauses for a moment before speaking.

Edge:”Well, I think what I just did sums up my answer. I have waited MY WHOLE LIFE to get a title shot, and every time I got close the conspiracy against Edge would push me back down the ladder. Well NO MORE! At Backlash, I will face Shawn Michaels and I WILL finish what started so many months back. And then, I’ll go on to beat Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship. And, since I beat ol’ HBK, I’d have two opportunities to do it. One would be in the main event of the RAW after Backlash, and one would be on a date of my choosing. And I KNOW that you cannot beat me twice, CHAMP.”

Edge smiles sarcastically at Batista, who is looking all too serious as he snatches Edge’s microphone away.

Batista:”Well then, I guess that’s settled. But what about me, Bischoff? What about the World Heavyweight Champion?”

Bischoff:”That has been taken care of, Batista. You see, a couple of days ago I got a phone call from an old friend of yours, who was looking to make an impact. And I guaranteed him a World Heavyweight Title shot…at Backlash. Batista, please welcome your opponent for Backlash….”

Suddenly, to a mixed reaction, some familiar music kicks up as suddenly none other than RANDY ORTON appears on the stage, doing his signature pose and smiling. Orton is holding a microphone and wearing street clothes, and he keeps staring at Batista as he makes his way to the ring. He then slides in as his music dies down.

Orton:”That’s right, big man. It’s me, your old pal Randy Orton. And at Backlash, I’m going to win back MY World Heavyweight Championship and prove to everyone that I am BETTER than you. In fact, I’m better than ANYONE in this arena. I am Randy Orton, and I am the future. I--”

Edge:”Hold on a second. You say you’re better than anyone in this arena? Well, uh, last time I checked I WON my match at Wrestlemania and you LOST. I’m the one that deserves that championship. You had it, and you lost it.”

Orton looks angry, and he turns to the crowd before suddenly turning back and hitting the RKO on Edge! Batista goes for a big clothesline on Randy, but Orton ducks and gives the World Heavyweight Champion an RKO of his own. Bischoff, meanwhile, bails out of the ring to protect himself. Orton now picks up the World Heavyweight Championship and poses with it, and suddenly RIC FLAIR comes running down the ramp way.

JR:”Here comes Ric Flair! He’ll teach Randy Orton a lesson!”

But as Flair slides into the ring, Orton turns to him and The Nature Boy doesn’t attack. He simply rolls out of the ring and then begins walking up the ramp as the crowd actually boo him.

JR:”What the--Flair wouldn’t attack Randy Orton! The hell?!”

King:”Well he hasn’t exactly pledged his allegiance to Batista, JR! Ever think that maybe he wants to team up with his other former Evolution stable mate, Randy Orton?”

JR:”But, but, no damnit!”

King:”No matter how much you curse, JR, it doesn’t matter! Randy Orton will be fighting Batista at Backlash for the World Heavyweight Championship, and my bet is on Randy!”

Orton continues to pose in the ring as the fans boo and RAW goes off the air.

OR:75

Randy Orton's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Randy Orton gained 4 points of overness from this turn.

End Of Show

OR Show: 76

We got a 5.27 rating for 'RAW'!

The attendance level was 8003 people.

We made $320120 from ticket sales.

user posted image

Thursday 21st April 2005

Smackdown comes to you live this Thursday night and after the brutal attack last week, who will be in charge tonight?

Well, rumours are suggesting that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will be at the arena to discuss the Theodore Long attack, and to find out just which superstar did this brutal act of violence.  Everyone knows that Vince won't let this go until the attacker has been found and paid the price.

Meanwhile, John Cena and Eddie Guerrero get a chance to get their hands on their respetive opponents just three days before Backlash as they team up and are set to face Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle.  Also on the night, we are understood to believe that Carlito 'Caribbean' Cool will be hosting a new show on Smackdown, and his first guest will be a man taking part in the Main Event, Kurt Angle.

In other matches, Mark Jindrak will be teaming with Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas to face the Cabinet's team of Tag Team Champions The Basham Bros., and United States Champion Orlando Jordan.  If either Jindrak, Holly or Haas can pick up a win, then all three will get a shot at the titles this Sunday at Backlash.

The Undertaker will face Kenzo Suzuki in competition but will JBL be standing in the wings waiting to strike?  Plus Chavo Guerrero teaming up with Spike Dudley gets a chance to cause an upset before his match with Paul London this Sunday.  London will be teaming up with Nunzio in this tag team match.

All this, plus Vince McMahon's decision on the attack last Thursday night, and just who will be in charge of Smackdown while Theodore Long is out through the assault?

Catch this unbelievable night of action only on Smackdown this Thursday night.

Featured Matches:

John Cena/Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle/Rey Mysterio

Kenzo Suzuki w/ Hiroko vs The Undertaker

Paul London/Nunzio vs Chavo Guerrero/Spike Dudley

Haas/Holly & Jindrak Get Title Shots At Backlash If Win:

Mark Jindrak/Charlie Haas/Hardcore Holly vs The Basham Bros./Orlando Jordan

Raw Thoughts............

The opening little video package was nice. set the scene for the show well. Reminded us of the main event from last week, but also did a good job of building the suspence as to which way Edge might go with his decision as well as putting both sides of it across and making it seem a little uncertain as to which way he'll choose.

"She’s not your type, though. She’s not inflatable.” Amusing.

I'm a little unsure about the Stacy thing. It seems an unlikely combination that doesn't fit that well together. However, that's not to say you can't pull it off and make them seem like a good trio. There's plenty of other examples of people being put together in slightly strange combinations and it working. All depends where you go with it I guess. As for Rhyno & Tajiri Vs La Res at the pay per view it's solid enough without being inspiring. It'll take a lot of work to make peopel care about those tag titles again. Not your fault, it's what came before the diary that did that, but you've got a lot to do to turn it round.

The match itself, as you said in the first line "it did its job". It was obvious who would win and that's fair enough. It's always nice to see Maven job as basically, he sucks. Generic and average in every way.

The Lita, Christy, Bischoff segment was cool enough. I don't have any interest in a women's division so I'm not excited about the three way match but if you're runningn with the division, which you seem to be then I'd guess that is about as good as you could go with for the PPV. I still think they are wasting a segment that could have been used better elsewhere but as the WWE aren't about to drop the horrid women's division any time soon I can understand why you aren't dropping it either.

The Christian, Tomko, Jericho, Benjamin match was good. I'd have liked to have seen Christian get the pin though, not Benjamin. Having the title match coming up, with the challenger having pinned the champion (even if it was a cheap cheating win) would have set it up a bit more for me.

The whole Cornette, Hassan, Daivari segment I really liked. I thought Cornette came across well and I liked the way you pushed in the fact that he'd worked with foreigners before and taken them to the top of the WWE. I'm really interested to see how far you go with Hassan and Cornette.

I liked the segment with Tista and HBK. A non title main event between the two should be really interesting and help develop the PPV storylines going in. I'm also finding the Coach and Bischoff interaction really funny at the moment. Again they had me chuckling.

Hassan vs Hurricane, solid match. Did what it was meant to. The right guy won.

The segment after it was superb. A couple of things I was a bit unsuer about. How did Cornette get the cage in the arena? And Kane breaking the handcuffs. I'm not sure whether I was a fan of that either. Undecided there. However, I thought the segment was written really well and built their feud superbly. I'm really excited about their match at the PPV

The next segment with Bischoff and Coach was intriguing. I genuinely have no idea at this point who Bischoff was referring to.

Batista Vs HBK. Sounded like a really good match, and the Edge interference and eventual spear on HBK was great and built them up some more. Wht came after the main event was all solid. Orton needs to be a heel to be entertaining, and him Vs Batista should be good. I was a bit unsure who you were going to have getting the title shot but now that's sorted. Edge Vs HBK has been built up well, but I really hope this is the last time I see them wrestle in a long time. I think Edge needs to go over, desperately, so it'll be interesting to see what happens tehre.

All in all a solid show that has me really looking forward to your PPV matches at the moment, nice work I'm really enjoying Raw right now

user posted image

21st April 2005

US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio

The show kicks off with footage of last week's terrible incident, as it started with clips of several superstars (Cena/Angle, Carlito, JBL, Eddie Guerrero) all having words with Theodore Long, before we saw the end of the show, and Theodore Long lying unconciouss on the floor with blood pouring out from his head, as it ended with clips of him being taken away on a stretcher and in the back of an ambulance as it drives off with its sirens and lights flashing. This is followed straight into the show without any credits as we are joined inside the arena as the camera scans around the audience.

Vince McMahon: Private Investigator?

'No Chance' hits up around the arena, and the fans go wild to a sight they haven't seen in a while, and that is the WWE Owner/Chairman making his way out from back, Mr Vince McMahon. He makes his way down to the ring smartly dressed and in his typical 'Im the Chairman' swagger of his that has become his trademark. He climbs in as he moves over and takes hold of a mic from SD ring announcer Tony Chimmel.

Vince: "That's right, THE BOSS IS BACK! **POP** And the reason I am here is because of the terrible act last week on Smackdown's very own GM, Theodore Long. Now Theodore has suffered several internal injuries, and I'm sorry to say he won't be back for a while, if at all after the incident and suffering he had to endure last week. I am not proud to say I have done some things in my time which even turned my own stomach, but the callous and cowadly act last week was not called for. I have made up a list of people who had motive, and chance to take revenge on Theodore Long, and I am sure that by the end of tonight I will be able to discover just who was the culprit involved. The people I have so far on my list are, The Big Show who last week faced off against Carlito and lost the match after a brutal shot to the head, and I know Show in the past has acted first and talked later, as we saw what he did to Kurt Angle when he was General Manager. We have that other man involved, Carlito himself, we all saw what he said to Theodore Long last week, about how he was put in a match claiming he was still not fully fit. We find ourselves also with Eddie Guerrero **POP** Last week he was ejected from the building and told Theodore that no one would stand in his way at getting his hands on Rey Mysterio, and then we found out Eddie had somehow got into the building to attack Mysterio, but the question has to be asked, how did he get into the building? We have Rey Mysterio as a possibility as well, to put the blame on Eddie as the one involved. We have former WWE Champion JBL, who claims he was disrespected by Theodore Long and not getting his rematch. Finally, we have two superstars who are taking part at Backlash this sunday, and that is Kurt Angle and WWE Champion John Cena **POP**. Both had motive and reason to want to attack Thedore Long, and both had the ample opportunity. I have called each of them superstars to my office backstage throughout the night, and I will be making more enquiries as time goes on. But I will tell all you Smackdown fans, that Justice will be served, and that the man who viciously attacked Theodore Long will be brought before the Board of Directors, and severely punished for his actions. What I do promise is that tonight, I will make an announcement regarding Smackdown, and I will make an announcement regarding the person involved, and that will all be before we go off air."

OR: 94%

Vince McMahon gained overness from this segment.

ADVERTS

Cole: "We're back folks, and before the break the Chairman of the board, Vince McMahon made an announcement that he would find the man involved in the horrendous callous act on Theodore Long last week!"

Tazz: "Well whoever is the man involved in this, I hope the Board of Directors come down hard on them, because you cannot go around and attack the GM of the company, and especially when the guy is like what, 60 or so?!"

Cole: "Well I don't think he's that old Tazz, but what a night we have planned, two announcements Vince has said he will make later on tonght, plus we have a huge tag team match as John Cena and Eddie Guerrero will team up to face off against Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle, but also tonight, Carlito will be hosting his very first edition of 'Carlito's Cool Show; and his guests Tazz, none other than Kurt Angle and John Cena!"

Tazz: "That is sure asking for trouble having them two in the ring, but I am looking forward to our next match."

Cole: "That's right partner, Mark Jindrak is teaming up with Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas, and they will be going up against The Bashams and Orlando Jordan of the Cabinet. Now we have been informed that if Haas, Holly or Jindrak can get a victory in this match, then they will facing these men for the titles at Backlash this sunday night!"

Championship Title Match At Backlash!

Mark Jindrak/Charlie Haas/Hardcore Holly vs The Basham Bros./Orlando Jordan

This six man tag team match was a good match to kick the show off as the fans were into it. The Bashams and Orlando Jordan made some quick tags and put it over Charlie Haas who got trapped in the ring, until a chance to make the tag was taken and Mark Jindrak jumped in and it came down to a Million Dollar Punch on Orlando Jordan from Jindrak before he covered and made the three count, as the ref awarded the match. This now means that Mark Jindrak will face Orlando Jordan for the United States Championship, and Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas will face The Bashams for the Tag Team Championship this sunday at Backlash.

Winners: Charlie Haas/Hardcore Holly/Mark Jindrak (Via Submission)

OR: 69% CR: 66% MQ: 73%

Danny Basham is losing overness because of his weak gimmick. Doug Basham is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

Back Next Week

A video is aired next over the titantron. It shows a beaten down old bus, making it's way down the road, its plastered with Dudley Boyz pics all over the side of it and on the front it has destinaton: "Dudleyville". It pulls up behind a very slow vehicle moving about 5mph in front. The bus moves around and pulls in front before it stops the car behind as it pulls over into a sideroad where we find a couple of Old Age Pensioners inside the vehicle. They get out as we see the doors of the bus open. We suddenly hear a voice scream out.

'D'von GET THE TABLES!"

The WWE Logo shows next, and under it the message comes up, 'Returning Next Week on Smackdown'.

We go back to the bus as we see D'Von holding back the female pensioner, we look up to see Bubba Ray holding the male pensioner up on his shoulders on top of the bus, as he comes crashing down, and all we hear is a loud bang. We then see a shot of the pensioner out cold, as Bubba has come crashing down through a table with a glared look in his eyes, as we hear the woman screaming out her husbands name.

The ending comes up with, "No Table Is Safe!"

OR: 66%

Cole: "How about that Tazz, The Dudleyz are back next week on Smackdown."

Tazz: "I can't wait Michael, The Dudleyz are one of the greatest Tag Teams in the world, and it will be nice to see them back here only on Smackdown!"

Cole: "Before that, we saw Orlando Jordan lose out to Mark Jindrak, and folks we have now been informed that at Backlash this sunday night, we will see Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly face off against Tag Team Champions The Bashams, while Mark Jindrak will go up against United States Champion Orlando Jordan. Let me tell you, Smackdown is shaping up to be a great card for Backlash, and we have even more, because the following match between Paul London teaming up with Nunzio taking on Spike Dudley and Chavo Guerrero, well Chavo has claimed his rematch clause for losing the belt at Wrestlemania 21 and this sunday he will meet Paul London in a rematch for the Cruiserweight Belt!"

Paul London/Nunzio vs Chavo Guerrero/Spike Dudley

A great and fast cruiserweight match up with Chavo eventually getting the pin on Nunzio by a grab of the tights which the ref didn't see. As he made his way up the ramp, he signalled back to Paul London that this sunday he was gonna walk out once more the Cruiserweight Champion signalling for the belt around his waist.

Winners: Chavo Guerrero (Via pinfall by pulling the tights)

OR: 75% CR: 66% MQ: 85%

ADVERTS

A Cool Return

Bckstage we find Eddie Guerrero in his dressing room getting ready for his match later tonight when in walks Rob Van Dam.

Eddie: "RVD, Essai. Man it's good to see you back!"

RVD: "It's good to be back Eddie, although I've still got a bit of a problem injury, but I thought I would come here and support you after what happened at Wrestlemania. Man, I watched it at home, and I couldn't believe what Rey Mysterio did to you, the way he just upped and left you to lose the titles, and then to attack you from behind after the match, that wasn't cool."

Eddie: "Don't I know it, listen bro, you know Rey right."

RVD: "Well I thought I did yeah."

Eddie: "Right, so you must know some of his weaknesses? I need an angle, something to focus on when I meet him, can you help essai?"

RVD: "Sure, listen after what he did to you, I'd be glad to help you. Why don't we have a chat, I'm sure I can give you some great advice about Rey!"

OR: 85%

An Arrival?

As RVD and Eddie move off to discuss their strategies, we find Vince McMahon stood in the GM's office, he is on the phone to someone.

Vince: "So how far away are you? **pause** Ok, so you'll be definitely be here before the show ends, because I want to make the announcement tonight. **pause** Great, well I'm still looking through all the evidence I have found and I've talked to all the superstars, and so far I have nothing. **pause** Actually, I never thought about that, you've given me an idea, listen, I'll see you when you get here, in the meantime I've got to check some things out. Bye!"

With that Vince hung up the phone and went off out the office as we saw a pad on the desk with the suspects names on it, all but two names were crossed out, JBL and John Cena's.

OR: 86%

Cole: "I wonder who Vince was talking to on the phone?"

Tazz: "Well whoever it is, it sounds as if they are on their way to the arena right now, and may have given Mr McMahon some advice on who attacked Theodore Long last week!"

Michael: "That was a brutal attack last week, and it looks like we may have another brutal match next, Kenzo Suzuki will be facing The Undertaker!"

Kenzo Suzuki w/ Hiroko vs The Undertaker

The Undertaker took on Kenzo Suzuki with his wife Hiroko at ringside. Kenzo didn't look happy at facing the Deadman as he tried some kicks and slaps to gain the advantage, but it had no effect on The Undertaker. The ending coming when Hiroko jumped onto the apron, and with The Undertaker distracted, she threw something to Kenzo in the ring. The Undertaker turned to face Kenzo as he threw some white powder, but Taker ducked out the way and Kenzo hit Hiroko with it as she crashed off the apron and to the ground screaming and holding her face. Kenzo looked on in shock, before turning to be picked up by Taker who then went on to hit The Tombstone on the Japanese man and covering for the pinfall. The Undertaker celebrated in the ring, as he dropped to one knee, the lights went out and turned blue as Taker raised his arm and gave a devil facial expression. Unknown to him, JBL had slid out from under the ring where he had been hiding, as he grabbed a chair from under it and slid in the ring. He smashed it against the back of Taker who dropped to all fours. A further chair shot against the back of Taker took him down flat. Taker rolled over onto his back, as JBL had a cheesy grin on his face, and raised the chair up, only for Taker to rise up and look up at JBL who's look suddenly changed to one of fear. JBL though hit a quick chair shot to the head of Taker who crashed down once more, as he got cut and blood came out from his head as JBL raised the chair again as we headed to a break.

Winners: The Undertaker (Via pinfall)

OR: 74% CR: 76% MQ: 72%

ADVERTS

Cole: "We're back once again and as you can see in the ring it looks like we are going to Hawaii Tazz!"

Tazz: "Not Hawaii Michael, The Caribbean, and it definitely looks Cool!"

Michael: "You been taking lessons from Carlito now? Anyway, let's go to the ring and see what he wants!"

Carlito's 'Cool' Show

As we return we find Carlito 'Caribbean' Cool in the ring, it is decked out with palm trees and a beach look atmosphere. He stands waiting with a mic as the crowd give some heat to him.

Carlito: "Welcome to a very cool show, in fact it's so cool I have lots of superstars who can't wait to get on it. **cheesy Carlito grin** You see, being this is Carlito's first show, Carlito had to have the Best on his show, and so Carlito has invited to his debut of Carlito's Cool Show, none other than Number #1 Contender, and a real cool dude, Kurt Angle."

'Medals' plays around the arena before Kurt Angle appears in his wrestling gear. He makes his way down the ramp and climbs into the ring, before shaking hands with Carlito.

Carlito: "I said Carlito had a cool guest. **heat** Kurt, those medals around your neck, now that's cool. The way you wrestled with a broken neck to win them medals, thats cool as well. But Kurt, you know what's not cool? That's the WWE Champion. **POP** John Cena ain't cool, he think's he is, but he's nothing more than a punk who got lucky."

Kurt: "You know Carlito, your so right. Your right about John Cena being a punk, your so right about me winning these gold medals with a freakin' broken neck. I have to say as well, this set is cool Carlito, you really outdone yourself this time. This is freakin' Cool!"

Carlito: "Thank you Kurt, Carlito appreciates you being here. Now we all know you are gonna win back that WWE Championship at Backlash, **heat** That will be so cool, but one other thing Carlito wants to talk to you about, is the attack last week on General Manager Theodore Long. Now I have spoken to Mr McMahon, and Carlito knows that neither you nor myself are being considered for that attack because we were both no where around when it happened. Although, Carlito has to say that what happened to Theodore was what he had coming, making Carlito sweep snow from the pathways, to find The Undertaker only for him to attack Carlito, and then to make Carlito clean out the toilets."

Kurt: "Carlito, what Theodore Long did was not only direspectfull to yourself, but disrespectfull to any superstars as great as you are. To treat you like he did, well I have to agree in that he got what he deserved. And I spoke with Vince, sorry, Mr McMahon **holding his two fingers and beding as if abbrieviating the name**. He agrees that I was nowhere around the arena when he got attacked, and that means I'm in the clear. But I tell you who is in the frame, and thats the Champion John Cena **POP** He had motivation, he had the opportunity, and we all know he'll attack anyone, I mean before Wrestlemania we all saw him attack Theodore Long already. What more proof do you need?"

As Angle says these words, out ran John Cena. He made his way down to the ring quickly as he slid in and immediately attacked Kurt Angle. Carlito made a quick exit not wanting to get involved and ran back up the ramp out of sight, as Cena and Angle got it on. Officials ran down to break it up as Cena jumped the Officials and got to Angle more as the continued brawling.

Cole: "Folks, all hell has broken loose in the ring, and up next we have a huge Main Event that features these two opponents, we'll be right back after this!"

OR: 89%

Carlito Caribbean Cool gained overness from this segment.

Smackdown Of The Week

Smackdown of the week features Carlito hitting The Big Show with the Iron Bar and knocking him out.

John Cena/Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle/Rey Mysterio

The Main Event had four men who all were gonna meet at Backlash. Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero kicked the show off, and it wasn't a pretty site at the start, with the two men brawling around the ring. The referee had to break it up on several occassions, and eventually Mysterio got control, as he tagged in Angle. Angle took Eddie down with some nice techincal moves, and went to lock in an Ankle Lock but Eddie was quick to turn it over and throw Angle away. By this time the fans were calling out Cena's name and desperate for him to get in the match. Eddie eventually after quite a while got to the tag and made it to Cena, only for Mysterio to get in to distract the ref as he didn't see the tag, and ordered Cena out the match. Cena was seeing Eddie double teamed on by Angle and Mysterio and he snapped as he threw Brian Hebner to the the side and he crashed down on the mat as he attacked Kurt Angle. The two men took it to each other with big right hands as Cena got the advantage. A toss to the ropes was followed by a big backdrop on Angle. Mysterio attacked Cena by jumping on his back and tried a sort of sleeper hold on Cena. Angle got to his feet as Eddie came from behind, only for Angle to turn behind hitting a low blow on Eddie, as the ref looked on. Hebner moved over to the ropes as he called for the bell, and announced to Tony Chimel that he was calling for a double Dq, the assault on himself by Cena, and Angle's low blow. Cena tossed Mysterio over the top of himself and over the top rope to the ground outside. As Angle went for a clothesline, but Cena saw it coming and moved out the way before sending Angle over the top rope and out. Angle and Mysterio were on the outside as Cena went to try and get out the ropes but was being held back by Hebner as officials came running down once more and rushed Angle and Mysterio backstage, with Angle and Cena in a staredown as we headed to the Raw Rebound.

Winners: No Contest (Via Double DQ)

OR: 85% CR: 88% MQ: 80%

Raw Rebound:

Footage is aired of the Raw brand, as we see Kane viciously attacked by Muhammad Hassan/Daivari and Cornette, before we see the Main Event and Shawn Michaels facing Batista.

Cole: "Well everyone, it's time and I hope your all sitting comfortably, because I have a feeling someone on this show is gonna get fired right now for the assault on Theodore Long last week!"

Tazz: "Who knows Michael, but Vince did promise us an announcement tonight, and who knows what he has planned. I think we are about to find out."

And The Culprit Is?

'No Chance' kicks off again as out walks to a nice pop Vince McMahon. Making his way to the ring in his swagger of a style he climbs in and grabs a mic.

Vince: "Earlier tonight I told you I would get to the bottom of who attacked Theodore Long. Well after a rather thorough investigation, I can now announce that I believe I know who is responsible. Now, unfortunately I cannot name the man responsible in this horrendous crime **heat**, as I still need that last piece of evidence, but I can announce that this person will be held responsible at Backlash this Sunday. This person will be in this ring to explain his actions, and the Board of Directors will have made a decision of what to do to this man. I can personally say that I will be at Backlash, and I will make sure that the decision is final." **POP**

OR: 77%

Cole: "We are gonna find out in just three days who it was Tazz, the excitement is building up, and I have my money on Carlito!"

Tazz: "He did say he would do something about Theodore, but I don't know if even he would go that far. I have a feeling it may be the WWE Champion John Cena, after all he attacked Theodore some time ago and had no regrets about that."

A Part Time Return

Vince: "Now, I want to make my second announcement tonight. As you are aware, Theodore Long will not be back for some time, and I cannot just allow all the superstars to run riot on the show, so I needed a new General Manager, someone to step into Theodore's shoes, and take hold of the show for the time being. Now, I was thinking of allowing Eric Bischoff to take over, but I believe that running two shows may be a bit too much for him, after all look what happened to WCW. **POP** Intsead, I took an option I believe you fans would like, an option that I know I can put in good hands, so I would like to introduce you to your Part Time General Manager...."

'Im All Grown Up' by Eve starts up as out walks former Smackdown GM, Stephanie McMahon. Dressed in a business suit she makes her way down to the ring and climbs in as the crowd pop to the announcement. She goes over and kisses her father on the cheek and takes hold of the mic as Vince walks off back up the aisle and backstage leaving Stephanie in the ring.

Cole: "Oh my word, Stephanie McMahon is back on Smackdown everyone, the former Gm before Theodore Long is back, can you believe this Tazz!"

Tazz: "Well I don't think anyone thought Stephanie would be back on Smackdown. The last time we saw her she was being took backstage after a brutal match with her father Mr McMahon, and now he has brought her back as the General Manger, albeit part time."

Steph: "It's good to be back! **pop** It's good to be back on the Number #1 Brand Show in the company **POP** Smackdown holds a lot of memorys for me, good and bad, and although Theodore Long took over in my shoes, and he has done a great job, I feel I want to continue what he has left us. So to make these matters a bit shorter, I am here to announce that this Sunday at Backlash, we are going to witness the following matches, your WWE Champion John Cena will defend his belt against Kurt Angle. **POP** Mark Jindrak will go up against United States Champion Orlando Jordan for the belt **pop**. Hardcore Holly and Charlie Haas will take on The Bashams for the Tag Team titles. **pop** Cruiserweight Champion Paul London will go up against Chavo Guerrero who has claimed his rematch clause in his contract **pop** Also on the night, after the attack last week in the ring, The Big Show will go up against Carlito Caribbean Cool in a No Disqualification match. Eddie Guerrero will meet Rey Mysterio in a grudge match **POP**, and JBL will go up against, The Undertaker **POP**. Now, next Thursday night will be my first official night in charge of Smackdown, and I promise all you fans that I will only bring you the best and most exciting action this company can offer. So everyone enjoy Backlash this sunday and thank you for your time, and thank you for your wonderful reception on my return to Smackdown!"

'Im All Grown Up' starts up again as Stephanie applauds the fans while pacing around inside the ring.

Cole: "Stephanie is back folks, and Backlash is only just 3 days away, the excitement is building and who knows what is gonna happen on the night, see ya next week everybody!"

OR: 77%

OVERALL RATING: 81%

TV Rating: 6.10

Attendance: 7,046

Gate Receipts: $281840

Smackdown thoughts....

Nice little intro video thing recapping the footage. set the scene well. I'm always a fan of something like that to start off a show.

The vince segment at the start did its job well. Set the scene even further for the show. I like the idea that we're going to have a storyline running throughout the course of the show tonight. This sort of whodunnit thing could be cool if it plays out well.

Carlito's cool show I like. I think Carlito could come over really well in an interview type segment like this. Not sure how it'll effect his wrestlig credibility though, especially after he destroyed the Big show last week.

The opening six man was decent enough. Set up some more matches for the pay per view. With Jindrak having pinned the US champion that gives him momentum in the US title match. My only problem is that Jordan Vs Jindrak, unless it's given some serious buildup, is a match I think people will struggle to care about. Same with the tag titles. It shows the weaknesses on smackdown when those matches are for titles. Now, that can be overcome, but guys like Jindrak are going to need to be built up more to bridge the gap between the few main event guys, and the rest.

I laughed a lot at th eDudleys bit. I liked it. Should I find pensioners getting beaten up funny? Well, I do. Sorry. Nice segment though, nice to see someone getting a small buildup before returning instead of just being back.

The Cruiserweight match I was a bit disappointed in. It was ok, and I don't expect reams and reams of match. I really don't like reading long matches but for four guys whose focus is on what they do in the ring I'd have liked just a few more moves or a couple of spots thrown in there.

RVD and Eddie bit I thought was cool. Not much more to say on it than that, it added to the storyline. I'm perhaps being paranoid but I smell an RVD heel turn.

The Vince segment was great. Created a lot of intrigue about the rest of the show. Who's turning up? who attacked long? I'm tempted to rush to the end of hte show and find out, but I won't spoil it.

Taker Vs Suzuki was ok. Decent enough match. JBL beating Taker up was cool. I like the idea of Taker getting beaten up by anyone. I got bored of him years ago. That's my only concern with Taker and JBL, in the same way I've seen it all before from Taker, I've seen it all before from Taker Vs JBL too.

Carlito's cool show. I loved this one. I really did. I thought you captured Carlito and Angle's characters brilliantly and the Cena run in heaped more heat onto the title match at Backlash.

The main event wsa really solid. four decent workers. Well, three decent workers and one charismatic guy. It built the matches involving these four nicely and kept the heat building.

Not finding out who made the attack on Long I could deal with but Steph being back I couldn't. I'm sorry, she's one person that I couldn't care what you did with her or how you use or portrayed her I would still struggle to be entertained. I'm just not a fan and never will be. She's a horrible actress, nothing special to look at, and can't wrestle. I don't see she adds anything to a wrestilng show, apart from her being Vince's daughter, which in fact is another reason I don't like seeing her on screen. But meh, that's just personal opinion. For every person like me who can't stand Steph, I'm sure there's another who's chuffed she's back.

Looking forward to Backlash, my only gripe would be a couple of matches being thrown together a little bit last minute, and they are for titles. Jindrak Vs Jordan, and the tag titles are a bit rushed for me, but the main matches, Guerrero Vs Rey, Cena Vs Angle, are all built nicely and it'll be a decent show. Plus I still want to know who attacked Long.

• 7 months later...