WWF 1996

Guest acacia

Guest acacia

The WWF in 1996 was not a pretty picture. Sure there were beautiful parts, (Bret Hart Vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 12 for instance) but the vast majority was rather weak. In 1996 I was just beggining to fall in love with wrestling, however, and the nostalgic memories of Rowdy Roddy Piper beating the shit out of Goldust on his gold Cadillac whilst yelling "faggot" doesn't seem as jarringly appauling as it might seem if that happened last week on Raw.

What I am trying to say is that if I was the booker and head writer of WWF from February of '96 on, I might not have done it AS differently as the indy wrestling tape trader of today. Too many of my fondest memories were spent playing with my action figures and using them to live out the storylines budding in my young head.

This may be the most transparent, thin, weak, etc. backstory ever, but this is the backstory to this WWF 1996 diary. This is not going to be the regular diary, where I do my booking and fueds by the stats given, I am not going to drop everyone without Speed and Technical ability above the 85 mark, and I am definately not going to change the creative direction WWF was going with at the time. Yes that means there will be some stupid angles and storylines that seem less mature than a Saturday morning cartoon. But maybe, just maybe, I can help redefine some of our nostalgic memories. Like the time I rented WrestleMania 12 and watched that Iron Man Match mentioned earlier over and over and over and over.

I start at after an ever so slightly altered Royal Rumble '96, and into the 1st of February. Just in time for Wrestlemania XII.

You've been warned. Let's see if I can live up to it.

-------------------------------

World Wrestling Federation

Business

Owner: Linda McMahon

Money: $20,000,000

Size: 25% (Global)

Sponsers: Sports Illustrated, Stacker 2, Nintendo, Viacom Inc.

Roster

Main Event:

Bret Hart (F)

Shawn Michaels (F)

Undertaker (F)

Diesel (T)

Upper Midcarders:

Razor Ramon (F)

British Bulldog (H)

Goldust (H)

Owen Hart (H)

Vader (H)

Yokozuna (H)

Midcarders:

Ahmed Johnson (F)

Bart Gunn (F)

Billy Gunn (F)

Dory Funk Jr. (F)

Duke Droese (F)

Fatu (F)

Hakushi (F)

Henry O. Godwinn (F)

Jake Roberts (F)

Phineous I. Godwinn (F)

Sycho Sid (F)

1-2-3 Kid (H)

Crush (H)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (H)

Jeff Jarrett (H)

Jerry Lawler (H)

Kama (H)

Mabel (H)

Skip (H)

Steve Austin (H)

Tatanka (H)

Zip (H)

Lower Midcarders:

Bob Holly (F)

Doug Gilbert (F)

Marty Jannetty (F)

Savio Vega (F)

Stephanie McMahon (F)

Bob Backlund (H)

Dr. Isaac Yankem (H)

Leif Cassidy (H)

Salvatore Sincerse (H)

Openers:

Aldo Montoya (F)

Barry Horowitz (H)

Barry Windham (H)

The Goon (H)

Wolfie D (H)

Championships

WWF World Championship

Image: 90

Holder: Bret Hart

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Image: 80

Holder: Razor Ramon

WWF Tag Team Championships

Image: 65

Holders: The Smoking Gunns (Bart & Billy Gunn)

Shows

Monday Night Raw

Station: USA Network

Slot: Mondays at Primetime

Superstars

Station: USA Network

Slot: Saturdays at Early Evening

Notes on the Royal Rumble

Duke "the Dumpster" Droese def. Hunter Hearst Helmsley by Reverse Decision

Ahmed Johnson def. Jeff Jarrett by DQ

The Smokin Gunns def. The Body Donnas to retain the WWF Tag-Team Championship

Razor Ramon def. Goldust to retain his WWF Intercontinental Championship

Shawn Michaels wins the 1996 Royal Rumble, Diesel is 1st Runner Up

The Undertaker def. the WWF Champion Bret "the Hitman" Hart by DQ

Guest acacia

WWF Magazine (March 1996 Issue)

--------------------

| The Informer |

--------------------

I, the Informer, suspect a STRONG MAN to disrupt a certain BIG MAN'S climb to the top.  Is it this Big Man's TIME?

SHAWN MICHAELS may have won the Royal Rumble, but his number one contenders match at In Your House may just make him have a HEART ATTACK.

The UNDERTAKER says he was robbed out of the World Championship at the Royal Rumble.  How will he take out his FRUSTRATIONS?

The SMOKING GUNNS have kept their TAG TEAM GOLD.  Is it going to last long?  Or will two other wrestlers find this COWBOY shtick getting OLD?

RAZOR RAMON is again the IC CHAMP.  I, the Informer, have heard him dropping the name of the guy he thinks will be the biggest challenge.  Believe me, this will be SHOCKING.

Until next time, this has been the INFORMER...

Guest acacia

WWF Superstars Preview

2/4/96

***MAIN EVENT***

WWF Tag Team Title Match

The Smoking Gunns © Vs. The Bodydonnas

Singles Action

Sycho Sid Vs. Steve Austin

Appearances by:

Savio Vega, Hunter Heast Helmsley, and more!

Edited by acacia

Guest acacia

WWF Superstars

2/4/96

Opening

The WWF opening montage is shown and then the Superstars video beginning, with different wrestlers being profiled under generic butt-rock music.  We come into the arena, with Jim Ross and Sunny at ringside.  After their short introduction we go backstage.

----------

These Boots are Gonna Walk all Over You

Bart Gunn is backstage fixing his knee pads and boots.  Billy Gunn walks in and sits down beside him.

"We have this covered man," Billy says as he pats Bart on the back. "The Bodydonnas are gonna get a nice Texas ass whoopin'."

"Let's let these boots do the talking," Bart points to his boots.  Bart and Billy shake hands.

R:  74%

----------

A Hero?

We cut now to Hunter Hearst Helmsley who is staring at the camera with a young Kevin Kelly holding a mic next to him.

"Now you have a match coming up against Savio Vega, how do you think you'll combat his brawling?"  Kevin Kelly says.

"Hah.  Savio Vega?  Savio Vega?  That little mexican isn't anything but a skid mark on my underwear at the end of the day.  I am tired of this match already.  The only thing Savio can do is wait and be destroyed by the new WWF hero," Hunter says to boos from the audience.

"Some would argue that you are not anywhere-"

"Near what?  And who are these people?  These degrading slobs whom occupy those seats out there?"

"Well-" Kevin is interupted yet again.

"I have a match to get to."  Hunter leaves as Kevin shrugs.

R:  70%

----------

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Savio Vega

A pretty basic match.  A hold-for-hold stereotypical bout until halfway when Hunter threw Savio through the ropes.  Outside they brawled a good deal, Savio Vega even got a nice faceful of the barrier.  After a bit of outside shenanigans, Hunter spit on a member of the crowd, but Vega tackled Hunter immediately after and got the match back to the ring.  Hunter got Vega in a tree of woe position and dropkicked Vega's midsection.  Soon after Hunter hit the Pedigree on Vega and ended the match.

OR:  74%, CR:  70%, MQ:  78%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

It's Coming

A video montage is played, showing Bret Hart with the championship belt, and showing him giving the sharpshooter to unlucky opponents, each time it fades to black and white till it goes to the next shot..  Then we see the triumphant Shawn Michaels after throwing Diesel out of the ring to win the Royal Rumble, the pauses and fades to black and white and then cuts to Bret Hart with his belt parallel  to Shawn Michaels who flexes his arms to the row of pyrotechnics behind him.

A deep voice anounces, "It's coming."

R:  84%

----------

Sycho Sid Vs. Steve Austin

Sycho Sid rushed into the ring to meet Austin and his flurry of punches.  Steve beat back Sid to the corner and tried to get ten punches in, but Sid tossed Steve to the ground no problem.  As Sid leaned down to get Austin, he got a nice kick to the groin and then was tripped.  Steve got back up and laid some heavy punches into Sid and then attempted a vertical suplex, but was reversed.  Finally Sid decided enough was enough and threw Steve on the ropes for a punishing clothesline, but all he got was air as Steve ducked.  Then when Sid looked back he got a kick to the stomach and a stunner to end the match.

OR:  80%, CR:  79%, MQ:  81%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

The Ringmaster

Kevin Kelly is behind the scenes again, this time with Steve Austin.  Steve is breathing heavily from his match, "Steve, you just beat some amazing odds, how do you feel about beating Sycho Sid?"

"I feel like I deserve a little bit more respect around here.  I have worked my ass off to get where I am today and look what I just did.  I defeated a monster.  I am the Ringmaster and I will continue to dominate wherever I go.  Let that be a message to the entire locker room," Steve storms off.

Kevin is again left alone.

R:  86%

----------

WWF Tag Team Championship Match

The Smoking Gunns © Vs. The Bodydonnas

Bart and Skip started off, with the usual back and forth of the regular tag match.  This match had all of that in loads.  But the two tems gelled so well with each other that the timing and the skills were evenly balanced in a very good way.  When Billy took control midway on a weary Skip, Zip ran in but was deflected by Bart.  The referee pushed them back in their corners, but as the ref had his back turned to Zip he began to attack Billy.  Bart complained to the referee and thus Billy's beating continued.  Skip covered Billy and the ref turned back to the action to count to two, almost a three.  Billy kicked Skip down and Billy struggled but got the tag to Bart.  Bart waylaid into both Skip and Zip and then scored the pinfall after a doubl clothesline with Billy on Skip.

OR:  82%, CR:  69%, MQ:  96%

Guest Uruloke

Somehow I get the feeling your gonna form the nWo with HBK leading, and screwing Bret out of the title.

Edited by Uruloke

Guest Grapehead

This looks pretty good, I like your result style. This was about the time I was getting into wrestling as well, so good luck, can't wait to see your first RAW.

Guest acacia

WWF Raw

2/5/96

***MAIN EVENT***

No Holds Barred Exhibition Match

Bret Hart Vs. Deisel

WWF Intercontinental Title Match

Razor Ramon © Vs. Owen Hart

Strong Man Match

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Vader

This will be the first Raw since the Royal Rumble!  Shawn Michaels has just clenched the Number One contender's spot for WrestleMania XII, so watch as he must guard his body from injury before the big match.  But the current WWF World Champion, Bret Hart, has to survive a No Holds Barred match with Diesel, although the belt isn't on the line, Bret Hart will have to give up his title if he is injured!

Catch the action Monday, 9/8c only on the USA Network!

Guest acacia

WWF Raw

2/5/96

The WWF entrance montage plays and then the Raw opening video.  Superstars are profiled while the guitar workings play with lights and then finally the arena, some seats empty, but none-the-less a very enthusiastic crowd.  Jim Ross, Vince McMahon and Jerry "The King" Lawler have anouncing duties and carry it on ringside.  After a short introduction we go to Bret Hart who is in front of a chain link fence.

----------

Cross Hairs

Bret Hart is clad in his wrestling attire and wrap-around sunglasses.  He hoists his belt on his shoulder with pride.  The fans cheer.

"Shut up and let me speak," the fans begin to dissapate the cheering as Bret gets serious.  "Shawn Michaels won the Royal Rumble.  Well for that I am sorry.  I am just really sorry that I am going to have to put him through a torturous hell of a match.  I am going to destroy Shawn, like I destroy anyone in my way.  Tonight, I'm gonna destroy Diesel, just like I'm gonna destroy Shawn at WrestleMania XII.  So to anyone in my pathway from now to then, watch out.  There is no hope left, once the Hitman has you in his crosshairs, you are finished, executed, it's over.  Because I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

The fans are left confused about their once curagious champion.

R: 100%

----------

Hakushi Vs. Jeff Jarrett

For being a last minute add-in match, this did not let down.  Hakushi led the way most of the match, carrying Jarrett through most of the big bumps and making sure the pace never let up.  However, Jarrett got in several good moves, such as midway through the match when Hakushi threw him to the ropes, but Jarrett held on to the ropes, making Hakushi miss a dropkick leading to the momentum change of the match.  Jarrett tossed Hakushi around in several bodyslams and suplexes till Jarrett hit a DDT on Hakushi for the win.

OR:  80%, CR:  70%, MQ:  90%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

HBK!  HBK!

Shawn Michaels arrives backstage from a limo to a chorus of cheers from the crowd.  He stands still a moment to take in the admiration from the fans, then continues into the building.  The anouncers make sure to mention that he won the Royal Rumble and that there will be an encore PPV presentation this upcoming Sunday for all those that missed it.

R:  95%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Vader

This match started off with some heavy rights and lefts from Vader, and then a surprisingly early on piledriver to rev up the crowd.  Vader threw Johnson into the ropes and came in with a veay clothesline, and then repeated this three times to the fans chagrin.  The fourth time, however, Ahmed ducked and ran to the other set of ropes, coming back to give Vader a clothesline himself.  The fans roared and Ahmed continued to rage with his brawling skills till he went for the Pearl River plunge, which Vader reversed by shifting all his weight and collapsing on Ahmed.  Then Vader pulled Ahmed up and executed a viscious Vader Bomb for the win.

OR:  83%, CR:  81%, MQ:  86%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

WWF Intercontinental Match

Razor Ramon © Vs. Owen Hart

Owen got in almost all of his offense early on with much foot action as he ran circles around Ramon with technical prowress.  Mid-match Ramon shifted momentum by catching Owen off the top rope and getting a nice square bodyslam in.  Ramon then went to work with kicks, chops, and basic maneuvers.  When Ramon went for the Razor's Edge he was reversed and nearly lost the match right there.  After a bit more back-and-forth brawling Owen reversed an Irish whip and got in a cross-body and then almost snatched the win again.  Ramon, becoming visibly frustrated tossed Owen outside and whipped him into the steel steps.  As the action went back inside Owen ducked out of a punch and got a wristlock on Ramon, but Ramon twisted back around and scored the Razor's Edge.

OR:  83%, CR:  86%, MQ:  78%

----------

Ring Around the Rosie Part 1

Backstage the British Bulldog is seen walking through the halls in full British attire.

---------

Commercial Break

---------

Ring Around the Rosie Part 2

Bulldog's music hits the P.A. system and he walks out to an especially negative crowd.  He takes no heed to their chants as he gets a microphone and gets in the ring.  The boos are deffening.

"You Americans need to shut up in front of real dignified Englishmen,"  the crowd screams harder, they love to hate this guy.  "Shawn Michaels has a chance at Bret Hart's title at WrestleMania XII right?  Well what no one is talking about now.  I want that belt now, and I deserve that belt now.  Shawn may have the chance for March, but I want my shot.  I deserve my shot.  And I will take it on February 18th at In Your House!"

Suddenly the arena goes black.  The fans go silent while the anouncers to just the opposite.  On the TitanTron we see images of muscles and of a herculean physique in the shadows.  A chorus of little kids voices chant, "Ring around the rosie, pocket full of posie, ashes, ashes, we all fall-" suddenly an earsplitting scream and the words "I AM HERE" show up on the TitanTron.

The lights go up and British Bulldog stares at the TitanTron in confusion.  Behind him stands a figure with a black and red mask on, his bulky figure stares down an unknowing British Bulldog.  Bulldog yells in the microphone, "Who are you?  Come out!  Come out!"

The Figure behind him taps Bulldog's shoulder, Bulldog jerks around and then steps back in fear.  Bulldog leaps forward and punches the Figure, but the Figure pushes him off and stomps on him till Bulldog rolls out.  The Figure takes the microphone, "If you think you have the right to take on the champion at In Your House," the voice is obviously augmented.  "Then prove it by wrestling me tonight for the shot at the title." Bulldog nods: yes.

The fans go ballistic.

R:  94%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

No Holds Barred Non-Title Match

Bret Hart Vs. Diesel

Bret Hart got heavily booed and Diesel took on the Face roll, dealing out punishment to Bret.  After a little brawling Diesel took control and tossed Bret to the outside.  There Diesel waylaid Bret with a fury of punches and chair shots.  But a fight was still in Bret and he got the bell and slammed it on Diesel's head, splitting open his brow.  Diesel went down and Bret took the chance to latch on an ankle lock, causing Diesel much pain.  Eventually Diesel worked his way out and more brawling ensued.  Diesel then gained advantage by a well placed reversed DDT, tossing Bret through an anouncer's table.  Bret seemed beyond a win, so Diesel tossed Bret inside and waited for the three count, but at two and three quarters Bret kicked out.  Then as Diesel set up Bret for a powerbomb, Bret fell down and tripped Diesel and then in a burst of energy, latched on a Sharpshooter.  The fans cheered on for Diesel but after only ten seconds Diesel tapped.  Diesel hobbled out as Bret held his title high, but Shawn Michaels ran down the ramp to the fans approval and gave Bret a mouthful of Shawn's Sweet Chin Music.  After that Shawn rolled out of the ring and pointed at Bret and yelled, "At WrestleMania, it's mine!"

OR:  89%, CR:  94%, MQ:  78%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

British Bulldog Vs. ?

The British Bulldog made his way to the ring and waited for his opponent.  The arena dimmed and the same creepy kids from before sang their song and when the lights came up the Figure stood face to face with Bulldog.  The bell rang and they were off into a whirlwing of punches and furious peir 9 brawling.  The Figure took advantage quick and flung Bulldog around like a ragdoll.  He absolutely punished him and whittled away his knees, till Bulldog hobbled around the ring.  For a while the Figure just applied various holds to Bulldog's knees and then he moved on to power moves, belly-to-belly suplexes, even a powerbomb.  Then Bulldog ducked from a swing and applied a full nelson.  The Figure hastily powered his way to the ropes and pushed Bulldog off of him.  But Bulldog swung a powerful punch and swiped him again, this time the mask slipped off a bit, so Bulldog wrapped around his arm and got the Figure in a headlock, and then tried to pry off the mask.  But the Figure raised up Bulldog and hit an Atomic Drop.  As soon as Bulldog hit the ground he rolled out of the ring, reached under the apron and pulled out a chair.  He got inside and hit the Figure hard over the head.  The bell rang and the British Bulldog lost via disqualification.  But the Figure nver budged, then Bulldog swung again and the Figure grabbed the chair, tossed it out of the ring and then stared down Bulldog, who quickly scampered out of the ring.  Bulldog got a microphone.

"Look, you aren't all that great,"  Bulldog said through gasps.  "If you were so brave you'd tell me who you were."

The crowd cheered for the unmasking, so the Figure got a mic and looked at Bulldog for a moment.  "You wanna know who I am?  You wanna know who I am?"  the Figure ripped off his mask and the crowd cheered frantically.  That's when the voice augmentation let off, "I am Scott Steiner and I am your worst nightmare!"

OR:  90%, CR:  81%, MQ:  90%

Guest Canada's Blue Meanie

Uh.. Wow.. I didn't expect Scott Steiner.. Ever! But nevertheless it was A good choice, A great choice.. I loved it. Scott Steiner can be really huge in the WWF at 1996, Maybe he'll win the WWF Heavyweight title sometime? Only time will tell.

I'm glad that you're using Scott Hall to "Rise up" as an Intercontinental Champion, I hope he can leave his mark as the best one.. Ever.(It's obvious I mark out for Razor Ramon.. Sadly.)

The shorter results are fine, I like them, They're descriptive enough.. That's yet another 'good job' to you.

I like The Ringmaster, But you need to push him faster! :). Steve Austin was great in 1996 and I wonder what you'll do with him, I hope you push him.. Because he can be huge in WWF... in Your diary.. like real life.. Yeah..

Anyways, Keep up the good work, It's obvious that I'll keep on reading.

Guest acacia

I like The Ringmaster, But you need to push him faster! :). Steve Austin was great in 1996 and I wonder what you'll do with him, I hope you push him.. Because he can be huge in WWF... in Your diary.. like real life.. Yeah..

Guest acacia

WWF Superstars

2/11/96

***MAIN EVENT***

WWF Intercontinental Number One Contenders Match

Steve Austin Vs. Owen Hart

Singles Action

Bart Gunn Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Total Melee

Billy Gunn Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

PLUS!  A special interview with the British Bulldog about the match he and the new WWF Superstar, Scott Steiner, had last Monday on Raw, and much more!

Guest acacia

WWF Superstars

2/11/96

Opening

The WWF opening montage is shown and then the Superstars video beginning, with different wrestlers being profiled under generic butt-rock music.  Jim Ross and Sunny talk about upcoming matches before we go backstage.

----------

Winds of Change

Kevin Kelly waits outside of Steve Austin's door.  Once Kelly knocks, it only takes a few moments for Steve to open.

"What?"  Steve pokes out his head.

"Steve you have a chance to face Razor Ramon for his title on Monday Night Raw.  That is, if you beat Owen Ha-"  Steve pushes down the microphone from Kevin before he can finish.

"If?"

"We-" again Kevin isn't allowed to finish.

"Listen fratboy, there ain't no way Owen will ever beat me.  Ever.  And the next time you talk like that to me, I'm gonna have to teach you some damn manners," Steve closes the door.  The crowd cheers wildly.  The winds have changed.

R:  96%

----------

Billy Gunn Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Billy Gunn got the early advantage through basic lefts and rights.  Of course he went for some clotheslines, and the vertical suplex.  All regular fare.  Hunter reversed a second suplex, however, and used the change in momentum to let off a DDT.  The crowd cheered the rattling ring, but not Billy who had to fight out the cobwebs the rest of the match.  Hunter through Billy into the ropes and then caught the cowboy in a pedigree.  But before Hunter would pin him, he forced Billy through a second pedigree to get the three count.  As Billy got up in a daze Hunter tossed him out of the ring to a nice cacaphony of boos.

OR:  82%, CR:  74%, MQ:  88%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

It's Coming

A video montage is played the same as last week, showing Bret Hart with the championship belt, and showing him giving the sharpshooter to unlucky opponents, each time it fades to black and white till it goes to the next shot..  Then we see the triumphant Shawn Michaels after throwing Diesel out of the ring to win the Royal Rumble, the pauses and fades to black and white and then cuts to Bret Hart with his belt parallel  to Shawn Michaels who flexes his arms to the row of pyrotechnics behind him.

A deep voice anounces, "It's coming."

R:  88%

----------

Microscopic?

Owen Hart stands next to Kevi Kelly, wet hair, and in full wrestling garb, ready to speak his mind.  Kevin Kelly starts in.

"Now Steve Austin has had a change of heart recently, winning over the fans.  He says he is sure to beat you, no problem.  What do you have to say in regards to that?"  Kevin pushes over the microhpone to Owen, who stands a while with a grimace on his face.

"Kevin, I am Owen Hart.  I am quite possibly the greatest wrestler to ever step foot in the ring.  I am the only man to ever be this handsome and this talented.  Steve thinks he can take me.  Well Austin is a small microscopic bump in this train's full-steam ahead chugging to destroy Razor Ramon for the Intercontinental Championship," Owen smiles.

"Well those are-" Kevin looks over at Owen who is walking away.  "Owen?  Owen?"

R:  86%

----------

Bart Gunn Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Jeff started out fast and furious, beating Bart back into the corner and Irish whipping him into the opposite turnbuckle.  As he came back to knee Bart, Bart got out of the way just in time.  The rest of the match went just like this.  Jeff got the heavy advantage, then took a risky move, only for Bart to escape just in time.  Eventually, Bart ran out of energy and Jeff went for a German suplex, but was reversed for a near three.  Jarrett quickly scampered out of this ring, but upon returning got a hanus clothesline and then a DDT, finally Bart applied a powerbomb and got Jeff down for three.  As Bart celebrated his victory Jeff got his guitar, and to everyone's surprise smashed it over Bart's head.  Billy ran to ringside to help but got a Russian legsweep and a few stomps to the head for his trouble.  As Jeff Jarrett left with a grin on his face, Billy helped Bart up, only to get shoved off.

OR:  79%, CR:  74%, MQ:  84%

----------

Commercial Break

----------

The Bulldog's Bite

British Bulldog is sitting in Titan Tower's press conference room; seen via satellite feed.  He is dressed up in a pinstripe suit with an English flag tie.

"Hello," The Bulldog said with contempt.  "As you all know, I am here to talk about Scott Steiner's cowardly actions on last Monday Night's Raw.  I was attacked, by a man I didn't even know who he was at the time.  Well I am requesting the World Wrestling Federation allows us a rematch tomorrow night on Raw for the Number One Contenders spot-"  the room goes to black.

Static interferes with the feed and all we hear is the laugh of Scott Steiner.

What the hell is going on?

R:  87%

----------

WWF Intercontinental Number One Contenders Match

Steve Austin Vs. Owen Hart

Steve Austin came to ringside with the fans full approval.  Owen, however, came to a rather angry reaction.  Steve worked over Owen to the fans excitement at the beginning, attacking Owen every moment he got.  Taking his brawling skills to full force and then some.  Owen was pushed to retreating and leaving the ring for a moment to collect himself.  Steve quickly chased Owen around the ring.  Owen got back inside and as Steve climbed up the apron, got dropkicked back to the concrete, then Owen pounced out of the ring and onto Steve, giving him several rights and lefts.  Steve eventually worked his way out of Owen's offense and got back in the ring.  Owen did all he could, hitting Steve with even a hurricanrana, something the fans had never really seen before from the WWF.  Steve hit the mat hard and Owen then went to cover Steve, but Steve rallied back and before long kicked Owen in the gut and hit his stunner for the win to the fans massive cheers.  Owen rolled out of the ring afterwards and weakly crawled away as Steve basked in the glory of the win, and in the cheers of his now adoring fans.

OR:  84%, CR:  85%, MQ:  83%

Edited by acacia

Guest acacia

Vince McMahon was making his final decisions for Raw when Bret Hart walked in the room.

"Hello?" Bret said as he slowly made his way in Vince's office.

"Hey Bret, what can I do for you?" Vince's voice came at almost an annoyance.

"Vince, we need to talk."

"What about?" Vince looked up from his plans with a look of intolerance.

"I am the WWF champion Vince. Me. Not Bulldog, not Steiner, but Me. I haven't been treated like one," Bret said.

Vince sat back in his chair. "You are the champion. And you know what you're right, and I've got just the thing for Monday."

"What?" Bret asked, intrigued.

Vince handed over a peice of paper to Bret. Bret looked down and smiled.

"Yeah, I'll do it. Everyone else on board?"

"Yeah, I still have to get back that contract, but it'll be faxed by tonight, I think."

"Great," Bret smiled. "Thanks a lot Vince."

"No problem Champ," Vince said, inside he was just loathing this guy.

Once Bret left Vince sied and then placed his head in his hands.

"Is this the right thing to do?"

Note: Raw card up soon. Let me know how you like it so far guys, make some noise.