Gail Berman Leaving Fox

Xand

What's weird is that Tru Calling, a show that only she seemed to be a fan of, is now going to have the six season two episodes air in the failed North Shore/Point Pleasant spot following the O.C.

Tru Calling had a better audience last year (4.55 million viewers) compared to the 4.05 million viewers for what North Shore and Point Pleasant were getting.

In the 9 pm Thursday time slot, Fox may as well air reruns of blooper shows. Or paid programs. This is a scenario I remember seeing, two of the average Thursday night for the audience Fox probably wants for the slot after O.C. ...

Girl #1: Hey, Point Pleasant is on. It's New Jersey!!

Girl #2: I don't want to watch that. We gonna drink now?

And well, Girl #1 only cares cause she's Jersey pride. So my point? College girls and similar age would be watching any trash thrown at that time slot, or at least that's Fox's attempts IMO. And they somehow succeed with the O.C. in postponing the binge drinking till after 9 pm.

The OC's FOX? I thought it was WB.

Yep. OC is on Fox. I'm sure it'd be better fit on WB though.

Plus, the Simpsons (which some see as a draw) is a show I detest now as the new episodes have really sucked. If they really don't think AD is doing well, I hope they at least give it a chance at another time slot first before pulling the plug.

I am a huge Simpsons fan. It's time to completely scrap the writing system and revert to whatever made it so good about 10 years ago. Or just cancel the show and forget the last five seasons existed. It's such a shame seeing how pathetic the series has gotten lately, I don't even bother watching it on Sunday nights anymore. And if the new shows get on reruns in Hartford or New York, I quickly turn it off cause it's not worth my time seeing for the most part.

Arrested Development should stick around. It's in a fairly good time slot. Could get promoted a little more.