Question for all Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro users..

Guest solidsnake

Guest solidsnake

Hey all.

I'm sure I posted this on here last night but I can't seem to find it anywhere so I will post it again to make sure.

Ok, I am currently using Paint Shop Pro 9 to make my gfx/cut psds. But when I cut the psds they friggin'....SUCK. I dunno what I'm doing wrong and was just wondering if anyone knew of a PSP tutorial on how to cut a half-decent psd?

Ok and question 2. Where could I get Adobe Photoshop from?

Thanks for the answers (If I get any, lol)

Laterz...

Edited by solidsnake

Your other one got sent to the Archives probably because it seemed like you were asking where you could download Photoshop. If that was the case then we don't allow discussion on that type of thing at these boards. Otherwise, Doc has answered your question on where to get it.

As for cutting in PSP. I have never had too much of a problem. My personal method is to use the freehand tool, point-to-point. I make sure anti-alias is checked but I usually have zero feathering. You have what you're cutting infront of you and you promote it to it's own layer if it isn't already on one. Then you begin to go around the outline of your subject (not all at once) and when you have a part of the background selected just hit delete to remove it. Continue til you've got your cut out, then copy and paste it into your graphic. I usually save the cut-out too just in case I want to use it again or someone else might want it.

I can't really explain that well but if you have any problems I could screenshot myself in action if that would help you (or anybody..)

Guest Mike Dude

Your other one got sent to the Archives probably because it seemed like you were asking where you could download Photoshop. If that was the case then we don't allow discussion on that type of thing at these boards. Otherwise, Doc has answered your question on where to get it.

As for cutting in PSP. I have never had too much of a problem. My personal method is to use the freehand tool, point-to-point. I make sure anti-alias is checked but I usually have zero feathering. You have what you're cutting infront of you and you promote it to it's own layer if it isn't already on one. Then you begin to go around the outline of your subject (not all at once) and when you have a part of the background selected just hit delete to remove it. Continue til you've got your cut out, then copy and paste it into your graphic. I usually save the cut-out too just in case I want to use it again or someone else might want it.

I can't really explain that well but if you have any problems I could screenshot myself in action if that would help you (or anybody..)

As for cutting in PSP. I have never had too much of a problem. My personal method is to use the freehand tool, point-to-point. I make sure anti-alias is checked but I usually have zero feathering. You have what you're cutting infront of you and you promote it to it's own layer if it isn't already on one. Then you begin to go around the outline of your subject (not all at once) and when you have a part of the background selected just hit delete to remove it. Continue til you've got your cut out, then copy and paste it into your graphic.

S'exactly what I do :)

Guest solidsnake

And is the same as Photoshop as well.

What method are YOU using SolidSnake. Then perhaps people could tell you what you are doing it wrong. There are no shortcuts to cutting a cut.