The Invasion...Fully Loaded

JStarr

Guest Prototype

Im liking this diary. I like how you are building your storylines for JD and Im interested to see how you play out the Invasion.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess it was pretty predictable that Faarooq was gonna find a partner...but obviously, nobody expected the guy I actually chose. :thumbsup: I like that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

SmackDown!--May 10, 2001

From the Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, Connecticut

Hosted by: Michael Cole and Tazz

No pyro this week, just “Medal.”

Cole: Welcome to SmackDown, everyone! I’m Michael Cole, with Tazz at ringside, and it looks like we’re going to be joined by Your Olympic Hero, Tazz!

Tazz: What, you mean he’s not Your Olympic Hero, too? Kurt Angle is a man who’s been traumatized in recent weeks, Cole! Have some sympathy.

Cole: I’m sure you’ll give him enough for both of us.

Angle gets a mic and wastes no time.

Angle: I can’t believe you people! I have been violated! Abused! Victimized! And all you people can do is tell me that I suck! Well, I don’t suck…YOU PEOPLE SUCK! And CHRIS BENOIT SUCKS! He’s a thief, and he proved it this Monday! As soon as security showed up to get my medals back, he ran through the crowd and into a waiting getaway car, just like all thieves do! Well, darn it, I want my medals back, Benoit! (The crowd begins to chant “BEN-OIT, BEN-OIT!”) That’s right, everybody, get him out here so he can give me my medals back! BEN-OIT! BEN-OIT! BEN-OIT!

The music that hits is not that of Chris Benoit, though, it’s that of Commissioner Regal. Regal strolls down to the ring and enters, making sure to wipe his feet as he does, and is handed his own mic.

Regal: Mr. Angle, I do sympathize greatly with your plight, sir. You have been wronged by Chris Benoit just as I have been wronged by Chris Jericho. And my plan to smite our respective foes was unsuccessful due to that churlish oaf, The Big Show. I ask you, what kind of man breaks his ankle when he’s on such an important mission for his superior?

Angle: Commissioner, it’s a simple fact that some people are just wimps who can’t play with pain. I mean, I went to the Olympic trials and wrestled with a broken freakin’ neck! And Big Show is so much of a pansy that a little ankle injury completely does him in? I mean, if I had put the Anklelock on him, then I could understand him being in that much pain…but otherwise, it couldn’t have hurt that much!

Regal: Absolutely. Now, allow me to explain just why it is I’m out here, Mr. Angle. I am prepared to offer you aid and comfort for your situation. You want a match with Chris Benoit, am I correct?

Angle: Boy howdy!

Regal: I’ll assume that mean yes. And instead of wasting it in front of these slovenly heathens in Hartford, I assume you’d rather have the match in Sacramento, California, at Judgment Day.

Angle: You’re getting warmer, Commissioner.

Regal: Now our big dilemma is this: you want assurance that Benoit will bring the medals, but you’d rather not have to liberate them from his trousers, correct?

Angle: Ugh, don’t remind me. When I get them back, I’m gonna have to have them fumigated as it is!

Regal: So, how would you like…a ladder match for your gold medals at Judgment Day?

Angle: Commissioner, you are a true genius and a credit to your country. I could kiss you right now!

Regal: A simple handshake will suffice, Mr. Angle, thank you, though. Now, if I may, I would like to address the unwashed masses.

Angle: By all means, sir…and thank you for the match.

Regal: My pleasure, Mr. Angle. (Kurt leaves.) Now, my words tonight are directed at one man, and one man alone…and that man is Shane McMahon. (Crowd pops.) Shane, I’ve been told by reputable sources that your WCW 1 limousine has been seen circling the building tonight. The only thing I can say is that you really should stay in the limousine and leave the premises immediately, because entering the building tonight would be a very foolish idea. Your father has asked me to have a security detail follow you wherever you go and report back to him with details of your activities tonight. So, if you plan to cause dissent and unrest in your father’s WWF locker room, trust me, sunshine, there will be severe repercussions. We will not prohibit your entry, young master Shane…but you do so at your own risk.

(Regal drops the mic and leaves the ring.)

Cole: Well, Tazz, from some of the exterior shots we’ve seen tonight, Commissioner Regal’s not just blowing smoke. WCW 1 has been seen around the building (camera switches)and there it is now! Wait…is Shane getting out?

(The back door of the limo swings open.)

Tazz: With the kind of mood the Commish has been in these past few weeks, I don’t know if it’s a good idea for Shane-O to test him tonight! He sicced three dudes on Billy Gunn this week, who knows how many he’ll send after Shane!

(Shane McMahon pops out of the back of the limo, dark shades and Shane-O-Mac baseball jersey in full effect.)

Shane: Yeah, Regal…I got your repercussions.

Shane slams the car door and heads for the arena.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Team Tournament Match:

Albert and Justin Credible (w/ X-Pac) v. Crash and Hardcore Holly (w/ Molly Holly)

Crash is determined that he’s going to start the match, but he looks a bit concerned when he sees Albert step in for X-Factor. He turns to Hardcore, who gestures in a “Go get ’em” manner…and turns back just in time to eat a massive boot from the 325-pounder! Crash is in peril for a long while…until he counters a Baldo Bomb by planting both feet in Albert’s chest and driving him into the Holly corner! While Hardcore begins pounding away on Albert, Credible tries to catch Crash with an inverted suplex, only to see Crash go up and over! Justin tries a wild right hand, but Crash rolls under the swing toward his corner. As Albert stumbles out, Crash slides right between his legs and makes the tag to Hardcore! Hardcore scores a clothesline on Albert, then one on Credible, then a dropkick on Albert, then one on X-Pac that sends him off the apron! Hardcore turns back to Credible…just in time to catch a swinging DDT that slows his roll just a bit. Justin heads back to the corner as Albert picks up Hardcore and tries for a Baldo Bomb on HIM…but Crash scurries up the ropes and scores a missile dropkick to Hardcore’s back…sending both men tumbling over referee Mike Sparks! Sparks is out, Hardcore and Albert are both down, Credible hustles in and absorbs a Crash Course piledriver from Crash…and now X-Pac is going after Molly on the outside! Crash charges to the outside and catches Pac running by with an apron dive headscissor…and here come the Dudley Boyz! Albert is starting to stir when Buh Buh and D-Von hit the ring…and Albert staggers right into a ringshaking 3-D! Buh Buh pulls Hardcore onto Albert for the cover while D-Von rouses the ref, and they roll Justin out of the ring as Sparks counts a laboriously slow 1……………2…………3!! The Dudleyz help eliminate X-Factor!

WINNERS: Hardcore and Crash Holly

Cole: Every time we think things are over between the Dudleyz and X-Factor, somebody keeps throwing fuel on the fire, Tazz!

Tazz: No doubt, Cole, but I gotta question the strategy by the Dudleyz here. Me personally, with some slimy characters like X-Pac and Justin Credible, I’d rather have these guys across the ring from me at Judgment Day than lurkin’ around the back somewhere. This may come back to bite Buh Buh and D-Von in the butt!

We head backstage, where Chris Jericho is pouring himself a cup of coffee. He turns from the table…and comes face to face with Steven Richards.

Jericho: Richards, if you’re here for some coffee, you may wanna try the decaf…maybe it’ll make you less uptight.

Richards: Ah, ha, ha…Jericho, you’re not the slightest bit funny.

Jericho: Wasn’t trying to be, Steve. Do you want something, or were you just here to stare at my ass while I poured myself a cup?

Richards: I was here for some coffee myself, but since you’re here, I wanted to express my displeasure with the way that you continually disrespect Commissioner Regal and his rulings. He makes the decisions that he makes for everyone’s own good.

Jericho: Yeah, he’s a real humanitarian…and just like you, he’s a total assclown!

Richards: Well, at least I haven’t felt the need to assault a woman to get my message across…and start an international incident in the process.

Jericho: What, you mean the Duchess of Queensbury? Steve, you never saw her up close, did you? The woman had bigger arms than your buddy Buchanan, more facial hair than the Goodfather…and smelled worse than you and Ivory put together! If she’s a woman, than I’m Margaret Thatcher.

Richards: You really have no respect for anyone, do you?

Jericho: Not for crazed cult members who dress like milkmen, no. And not for power-drunk Englishmen who can’t dislodge their noses from Vince McMahon’s ass crack, either.

Richards: You’re lucky I have a match tonight, Jericho. Or else we would continue this in the ring.

Jericho: Oh, yes, I feel the sense of relief wash over me as we speak. Look, junior, the day you and I climb into the ring for a one-on-one match, I hope you’ve got a wheelchair on standby, because you will never…EEEEEEEEEEEVVVEEEERRRRRRR…be the same…AGAIN! (Crowd pops.) Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to drink my coffee before it gets cold.

Richards fumes as Jericho strolls off.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cole: Well, fans, Tazz and I have been given an unexpected treat…we’re joined at the commentary table by the Number One contender for the Women’s Championship, Lita!

Tazz: Who says you got any kinda treat, Cole? She’s sittin’ over here next to me.

Cole: So, Lita, have you come out to do some scouting for Judgment Day?

Lita: Yes, I have, Michael. I wanna see Chyna up close and personal, and I think this’ll be a good match to check out. She’s facing another former Women’s Champion, and Jacqueline is not an easy woman to beat.

Non-title Match:

WWF Women’s Champion Chyna v. Jacqueline

Chyna keeps one eye on Lita the entire match, but it only allows Jackie one quick flurry of offense. The rest of the time, Chyna is in complete control, throwing Jackie around the ring like a sack of flour. Chyna whips Jacqueline into the corner, but spends a bit too much time looking at Lita, allowing Jackie to recover a bit. When Chyna tries her handspring back elbow…she catches both of Jackie’s boots in the small of her back! Jackie scores with a stiff kick to the temple, then tries a rollup, which only gets one. Jackie heads up top and waits for Chyna to rise…and when she does, Jackie flies for a hurricanrana! But Chyna holds her up…and reverses the move into a massive Powerbomb! Chyna stares at Lita some more as she covers Jackie…1...2...3!

WINNER: Chyna

Cole: Lita, she seemed more concerned with you than with Jacqueline, and she was still easily able to put Jackie away! What does this tell you about her focus on Judgment Day?

Lita: Oh, I can tell she’s focused, but so am I.

Tazz: Have you gotten any tips from Eddie Guerrero yet?

Lita: You know, Tazz, I don’t think I’d like to answer that…excuse me.

Lita takes off her headset and talks a little trash in Chyna’s direction…and we’re headed backstage.

Raven sits in a darkened corner of the Hartford Civic Center, and we hear footsteps walking toward him.

Raven: Well, well, what has fate brought to my doorstep?

A figure squats down next to Raven…and we see that it’s Shane McMahon!

Shane: Opportunity, Raven. That’s what’s on your doorstep right now.

Raven: Can I assume you’re here to offer me a job, Shane?

Shane: Not just a job…I’m here to offer you a career again. Raven, in ECW, you were a legend. In WCW, you were feared. In the WWF, you’re a homeless sewer rat who pushes a bunch of junk around in a shopping cart.

Raven: In ECW, I could never get paid on time. In WCW, I was perpetually told that my name wasn’t big enough…that I wouldn’t put asses in seats or sell any tickets. Here in the WWF, I’m left alone. The silence and the darkness and myself are finally able to perform our cosmic menage a trois, and perhaps that’s what I’ve been looking for all along. Perhaps the fates have delivered me to where I need to be. And who’s to say that Shane McMahon’s WCW will be any different from Time Warner’s WCW? I’ll assume that you’re in contact with all the “main event talent”?

Shane: Yes.

Raven: Have any of them responded, or are they too busy counting their money?

Shane: One has responded, and he’s coming soon.

Raven: Are you going to tell me who?

Shane: No.

Raven: Then I am afraid we have nothing more to say to each other, Shane. I have never been able to trust anyone in this life, and it’s rather impossible for me to start now with someone who cannot trust me. Leave me.

Shane stands up.

Shane: The offer’s still on the table, Raven. Whenever you wanna mean something in this business again…just come find me.

Raven is left alone again as Shane walks away.

Cole: Wait, Tazz, you don’t think…

Tazz: Looks like Shane-O-Mac’s doin’ a little recruiting in the WWF locker room, Cole. Mr. McMahon’s gonna hit the roof!

Cole: It doesn’t look like Raven bought the sales pitch.

Tazz: You never know with Raven, though, Cole. I worked with Raven for a lotta years, and he’s a master at sayin’ one thing and meanin’ somethin’ totally different. Mr. McMahon’s gonna have to be careful…he may have a fox in the henhouse here.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Still backstage, this time in Eddie Guerrero’s locker room. A knock is heard on the door, and Eddie stands.

Eddie: Come on in…unless it’s la policia!

Eddie’s laughing…until he sees that his visitor is Lita.

Lita: Can we talk?

Eddie: Absolutely. You ready to take Chyna down?

Lita: Absolutely.

And a quick cut takes us to a corridor, where Commissioner Regal is walking, apparently with a serious purpose. He rounds a corner, and suddenly, two young men come up quickly behind him.

???: Commissioner Regal, sir?

Regal: Do I know you boys?

???: No, sir. We’re sorta new here. My name’s Joey Matthews, and this is my partner, Jason York. We’re a tag team.

Regal: Well, boys, I’m quite sorry, but the tournament’s already started.

Matthews: No, sir, we know we can’t get into the tournament.

York: We’re just asking for a match…you know, kind of a tryout thing.

Regal: Looking for jobs, are you?

Matthews: Yes, sir.

Regal: Well, boys, I appreciate the fact that you came to me instead of that little toerag Shane McMahon…wait. (Regal finally stops walking.) How do I know you two haven’t been sent by Shane McMahon?

York: Uh, sir, we never even worked for WCW. And we’ve never met Shane McMahon.

Matthews: We wanna come wrestle in the big leagues, the WWF, not the dead and buried competition.

Regal: All right, boys. I’ll grant the two of you a match tonight. We’ll even make it the main event, how about that?

York: Sounds great.

Regal: Good…you’ll get a preview of the kind of competition you’ll be up against in the WWF. Good luck, boys.

Regal shakes both boys’ hands and keeps walking…until he reaches a locker room door that reads Dudley Boyz. Regal storms in, startling Buh Buh, D-Von, and Spike, who appear to be playing cards.

Buh Buh: You got some brass comin’ in here, Regal!

D-Von: And interruptin’ our card game…we oughta kick your ass just for fun!

Regal: Spare me the threats, unless you truly despise your jobs, you foul piles of vermin! I want to know what the bloody hell you two were doing interfering in the match earlier! Simply because X-Factor have beaten you senseless at every turn does not give you carte blanche to attack them in the middle of their matches! You cost them a shot at the Tag Team championships, and I hope you’re proud of yourselves!

Buh Buh: Well, actually, you gotta admit that was one hell of a 3-D we hit on Albert.

Regal: Yes, it was quite impressive, Buh Buh Ray…so impressive, in fact, that I’m going to give your brother D-Von a match tonight to see if he can do it on his own. D-Von, you’ll be facing the Olympic gold medalist himself, Kurt Angle…and you’d better get out there, because the match is starting immediately. Oh, and if either of you two cretins appear at ringside, the entire lot of you will be suspended indefinitely. D-Von…good luck. You’ll need all you can get.

Regal leaves, and the Dudleyz are mucho pissed off.

Spike: Dammit, and I was winning, too.

Cole: D-Von has to face Kurt Angle…immediately?

Tazz: Once again, Cole, people aren’t getting the hint to mind their own business, and the Commish is makin’ ’em pay. And you need to be careful what you say about the match, too…remember you’re on probation.

Cole: Yeah, yeah…so coming up next, it’ll be D-Von Dudley one-on-one with Kurt Angle, thanks to our fair-minded and just Commissioner!

Tazz: Cole, is that sarcasm I smell?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kurt Angle v. D-Von Dudley

Kurt acts like he’s toying with D-Von early on, taking him down easily and treating the match like a mere sparring bout. That changes quickly, though, when D-Von grabs a hold of the ropes to block a German suplex…then mule-kicks Kurt between the uprights while referee Jim Corderas tries to separate them! Corderas is clueless as Kurt backs away holding himself, and D-Von pounces with a series of right hands! Corderas struggles to get D-Von off of Kurt, and Angle capitalizes with the rolling Germans! Straps down, and Kurt clamps on the Anklelock, but D-Von is easily able to grab the ropes! While Angle argues with Corderas, D-Von rolls to the outside to recover a bit. Angle follows after a few moments, and the two men brawl their way around the ringside area. Kurt tries to deliver an Olympic Slam on the floor, but D-Von is able to slip out and shoves Kurt into the ringpost! When both men return to the ring, D-Von tries to work over the shoulder that hit the post, using a couple of armbars, an armbreaker, and also a shoulderbreaker to soften Kurt up. D-Von appears to be looking for a finish as he sets Kurt up in an inverted suplex position, but when he hoists Angle up, Kurt slips out the back and scores with an Olympic Slam! Kurt takes a couple of moments to shake some feeling into his arm, then pulls D-Von away from the ropes and clamps on another Anklelock!

Cole: D-Von might be finished here, Tazz!

Tazz: I don’t know, Cole! Kurt doesn’t look like he’s got the same torque on the ankle that he normally does! I think the arm’s bothering him!

D-Von is actually able to roll through and kick Angle off to break the hold, but Kurt charges again and delivers a snap belly-to-belly that appears to leave D-Von sucking wind! Angle locks on the Anklelock one more time…and this time, D-Von taps out!

WINNER: Kurt Angle

Cole: Wait a minute…Angle’s not letting go! He’s already won the damn match, let him go already!

Tazz: Maybe, uh, the Commish told Kurt to send a little extra message this time.

Cole: You said that, I didn’t, but that’s really what it looks like to me!

Tazz: Here comes Buh Buh Ray!

Cole: And of course, Kurt Angle bails out! He doesn’t want a damn bit of a healthy Buh Buh Ray! But, coming up next, we find out if Faarooq has found himself a new partner for the Tag Team tournament, and we’ll see him face Bull Buchanan and Steven Richards! Stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back from break, and the sirens blare to announce the arrival of Right to Censor. Bull, Steven, and Ivory head toward the ring, and Steven grabs a mic.

Richards: Did you know that over 60,000 Americans die of liver failure every year? And that over 16,000 new cases of liver cancer are reported every year? Do we know one of the leading causes of liver disease? Yes we do…it’s alcoholism. Frequent consumption of alcoholic beverages causes over 100,000 deaths each year, whether from automobile crashes, or internal disease, or drunken violence, or any other cause. Now, why do I bring you these statistics tonight? Well, it’s because our opponent tonight is an alcoholic, and a chronic gambler, and we all know that people who practice those two disgusting vices always come to bad ends. People that try to fight the will of the Right to Censor also reach bad ends, as Faarooq is about to find out. Faarooq, come on down here and take your righteous beating.

The APA’s power chords crank up, and here comes an angry-looking Faarooq, also carrying a mic.

Faarooq: You talkin’ about 100,000 deaths from violent drunk people is funny, Richards…’cause there’s about to be three more people in the hospital from tanglin’ with an angry drunk tonight!

Richards: And you threaten violence against a woman as well…is there no depth to your depravity, Faarooq?

Faarooq: Oh, that ain’t no woman…that’s a dried up husk you got standin’ next to you, Richards. I’m fixin’ to come down there, kick all your asses, and I’ma go back and hoist a few more…and there ain’t a damn thing you gonna do about it.

Richards: Are you gonna do it alone? I don’t think so. But we all know that drunks and gamblers have no friends except their bartenders and their bookies, so I know you don't have a partner.

Faarooq: Oh, I found me a partner, you don't gotta worry 'bout that. Willie Regal ain’t gonna like it, but he gave me my pick of anybody, so I found a guy guaranteed to piss off you AND Regal!

Faarooq throws down the mic…and a familiar countdown starts on the Tron!

Cole: Oh, my goodness! It’s Y2J!

Tazz: Hand it to Faarooq…he did find one of the Commish’s least favorite people to tag with!

Jericho poses for the crowd, then high-fives Faarooq…and they sprint toward the ring!

Tag Team Tournament Match:

Steven Richards and Bull Buchanan (w/ Ivory) v. Faarooq and Chris Jericho

Jericho trades shots with Richards, and Faarooq stands toe-to-toe with the big Bull. Richards quickly rolls from the ring, and tries to take shelter behind Ivory…but Jericho slingshots himself over the top and wipes them both out with a cross body! Faarooq continues to pound away on Bull, driving him into a corner, but Bull stops the flurry with a desperation knee lift. Buchanan maintains control as Richards shouts instructions, but Richards shows no interest in tagging in, nor does Buchanan move to bring him in. Finally, Bull tags Steven and hooks Faarooq in an armwringer for Richards to jump off the top rope with an elbow. Steven scores with a DDT, and goes for a very cavalier cover, lounging across Faarooq…only for the big man to kick him off forcefully at one-and-a-half! Steven quickly scurries for the corner to tag Buchanan back in, and Bull takes a little extra time to jaw at Jericho. Y2J makes to charge into the ring, and while Teddy Long goes to contain Jericho, Buchanan whips his tie out of his pocket and starts choking out Faarooq! But Jericho never gets into the ring, so Long turns and catches Bull in the act! Teddy demands that Bull hand over the tie, which he does, but not before some jawing in Teddy’s direction. He takes too much time dealing with Teddy, and when he tries for a leg drop…Faarooq rolls away, leaving Bull with a busted ass! Both men stagger to their feet, and Bull charges…but Faarooq is ready with that Angry Man Spinebuster! Faarooq is able to roll to his corner and tag in Jericho, who quickly scores with a sliding dropkick to Bull’s face, then knocks Richards off the apron with a right hand! Jericho is the proverbial house afire as he rains the shots down on Buchanan. Bull reaches out for a tag, and there’s no Richards on the apron. Bummer for him, because Jericho quickly drills Bull with a bulldog…and then follows up with the Lionsault! Rather than attempt a cover, though, Jericho hustles back to the corner and tags in Faarooq! While Faarooq advances on Buchanan, Jericho spots Richards climbing back onto the apron, and knocks him back off with a springboard dropkick! Faarooq hoists Buchanan up onto a shoulder…and plants him with the Dominator! Cover…1...2...3!!

WINNERS: Faarooq and Chris Jericho

Cole: What a huge win for an impromptu team!

Tazz: Faarooq’s got the intensity, Jericho’s got the technique…this team could be dangerous, Cole! What I wanna know is, where’s Bradshaw?

Cole: Good question, partner, I was wondering that myself.

We quickly cut to backstage, where we see Shane McMahon heading out of the building.

???: Wait just a damn minute!

Vince McMahon strides up into his son’s face with serious fire in his eyes.

Vince: You think you can come into my arena and disrupt my show by trying to steal my superstars? Boy, you inherited my grapefruits, but you didn’t get my intellect, did you?

Shane: Vince, I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re talking about.

Vince: YOU KNOW DAMN GOOD AND WELL WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! Don’t play dumb with me, I’ve been getting detailed reports on your actions since you entered this building, and I know…

Shane: What do you know, Dad? What do you think you know?

Vince: I know you were here talking to that lowlife Raven!

Shane: Is that all?

Vince: Well, as far as I know, yes.

Shane: Dad, you really need to get some more dedicated security guards. I let the guy follow me to talk to Raven, but after I got done with him, a couple of Benjamins here and there and half your security force took the rest of the night off. Dad, I’ve done more talking tonight than you could ever comprehend. I have a lot of friends here, and if you knew how much of your roster I could have in WCW tomorrow, it’d turn your hair grayer than it already is.

Vince: Now, you listen to me, Shane…

Shane: NO, YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR A CHANGE, DAMMIT! I’ve grown up my entire life listening to how things should be done the Vince McMahon way! It’s always been your way or the highway, Dad! With your staff, with the WWF Superstars, with your friends, with your enemies…and with your family. I’ve had to live my entire life in your shadow, Dad, AND THAT’S OVER! The only way I could ever get you to notice anything I did was to piss you off. Cutting class in high school, flunking a class here and there in college, fighting you over trying to institutionalize Mom…and now buying WCW. And the things that I’ve done to piss you off in the past, Dad? They’re gonna be a walk in the park compared to what I do to you next. You took the business away from your father…and now I’m gonna take the business away from you.

Vince: I swear to you, Shane…if you try to sabotage any more of my shows…and that includes a Raw, a SmackDown, or even Judgment Day…you will feel my wrath, and the wrath of this entire company.

Shane: Don’t worry, Vince, I’m not gonna be at Judgment Day…but I will be sending someone. And he’ll be making a BIG impact. And the greatest part is…you’ll never see him coming, you’ll never see him while he’s there, and you’ll never see him leave. (Shane smiles.) Good night, Dad. Give Mom a kiss for me, won’t you?

Shane leaves the building, and Vince is left red-faced.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jason York and Joey Matthews v. ???

The young team of York and Matthews head toward the ring to some generic poppy music, getting a mild reaction from the crowd. They’re smiling, happy to be in a WWF ring, about to wrestle a WWF SmackDown main event…and their grins disappear when they hear the sound of glass shattering!

Cole: Oh, my goodness, Tazz…I think these kids have been taken for a ride!

Tazz: What, you’re surprised? Commissioner Regal don’t like being interrupted while he’s on his way to discipline somebody, so I knew these kids were in for it!

The WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin, stops halfway down the ramp…and then “The Game” cranks over the PA, and out comes the other half of the Tag Team Champions, Triple H, along with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley! They stop to strategize and share a laugh at the poor kids they’re about to squash…but it’s cut short by Matthews alley-ooping York over the top onto all three of them! Matthews and York quickly take it to Austin and Triple H, knowing that it’s their only chance. Matthews slings HHH into the ring steps, and Hunter hits arm-first! Austin, meanwhile, reverses York’s attempt to send him into the ringpost, and Jason hits with an audible smack. Stone Cold rolls York into the ring, and much mudhole-stomping ensues. From here, it’s pretty much a human sacrifice, barring York scoring a reverse neckbreaker on Austin and stretching for the hot tag. Matthews gets the tag, but Austin tags in Triple H as well, and HHH scores with the high knee to catch Matthews coming in. Hunter locks in an Indian Deathlock to slow down the quicker Matthews, and Joey comes close to tapping out, but here comes York with a slingshot legdrop to Triple H, causing him to break the hold! Austin charges across and flattens York with a Lou Thesz Press, pounding away while Hunter gets Matthews into position for a Pedigree! HHH covers…but Earl Hebner is still trying to get Austin and York out of the ring! Triple H yanks Austin to his feet and orders him back to the corner, to which Austin responds with his usual salute. But he heads back to the corner, and Triple H covers Matthews again…1...2...SHOULDER UP! Hunter glares at Austin, who demands a tag. HHH begrudgingly walks over to give him one, and Austin hustles in, kicks York out of the ring, and begins to stalk Matthews. Matthews rises shakily…double birds…gut kick…and STUNNER! Cover…1...2...3!

WINNERS: Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H

Cole: Mercifully for these two kids, this match is over.

Instead of “Glass Shatters,” we suddenly hear “Rollin’” blast over the speakers.

Tazz: What the hell? Sounds like Austin and Triple H are about to have company!

Austin and HHH turn toward the ramp, where they see Undertaker walking, not riding toward the ring, still carrying his chain. Austin gestures for Taker to come get some…and totally misses Kane coming out of the crowd at Triple H and pounding him in the gut with a sledgehammer! Kane sticks HHH with a huge Chokeslam…and now Austin turns around!

Cole: Austin’s not nearly so confident, now that he’s surrounded!

Tazz: Would you be, stuck between those two?

Cole: I’d like to think I wouldn’t have made them angry in the first place.

Tazz: Yeah, you’re a brown-noser, not a fighter, right, Cole?

Austin tries to kick Kane in the gut…but Kane catches the foot and snags Austin around the throat! Austin takes a Chokeslam of his own as Taker slides into the ring. He drags Austin into position…hoists him up…leaves him there for a second…and the Last Ride connects!!

Cole: The Power Trip have been totally laid out, Tazz!

Tazz: Damn right! Not too often we see Stone Cold and The Game get manhandled like this, but the Brothers of Destruction are standin’ tall tonight!

Cole: Fans, we’ll see you on Sunday Night Heat on MTV! Good night!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, now why Chris Jericho?”

Sowders: “Furthered the issues between him and Regal pretty nicely. And it also set up two good angles after Judgment Day.”

“At this time, were there the issues between Jericho and Triple H that we saw later on?”

Henry: “Yeah, neither one really had any use for the other one, but Chris did a pretty good job of keeping his mouth shut and going with the flow. Good company guy, and he was even better when he came to work for us.”

“And how was Chyna’s situation at this time?”

Sowders: “She was getting pretty pissy backstage, didn’t wanna wrestle the girls anymore.”

Henry: “She honestly told anyone who would listen that she should have been the first female WWF Champion. And that wasn’t going over too well.”

Sowders: “Having to take orders from Stephanie just compounded the problem.”

Henry: "But after Judgment Day, we were able to placate her...somewhat."

“And I understand this show had some consequences for another superstar, too.”

Henry: “Yeah, the infamous Perry Saturn-Mike Bell incident.”

Sowders: “Perry never did tell us why he decided to beat the shit outta the guy, but it didn’t really matter. All that mattered was that Perry kinda got a rough ride the rest of the way.”

Henry: “Didn’t complain much, though.”

“Had anyone seen the first big WCW name yet?”

Sowders: “Nope…and we were damn proud of that fact, too.”

Henry: “One thing we can say for most of the guys we talked to was that they knew how to keep their meetings with us under wraps. Even the Internet gurus didn’t have much clue that we were actually meeting with these guys.”

Sowders: “It was us and Vince who knew what was happening, so not much chance of a leak there.”

“That’s pretty rare, keeping secrets in this business, especially with the ‘net nosing around.”

Henry: “Very.”

Guest Prototype

Good show. Surprised to see Jericho as Faarooq's partner. I dont see them as a full time team, though. Interested who will show up at JD.

Guest Rich F

Really enjoying your takes on some of the WWE stars, your Austin is spot on, and Regal's mannerisms, especially 'Triple Haitch' are gold. I also forget how good Richards was as the leader of the RTC - I'd like to see more. I'm not sure how planned out this is, but I'd like to see him remain seperate from the invasion and the WWE, castigating them all for their failings whilst both (all 3?) factions have to reach out to him for his help. Not so sure about the Raven promo with Shane, it just didn't seem like him.

"I’ll assume that you’re in contact with all the “main event talent”?

"Then I am afraid we have nothing more to say to each other, Shane. I have never been able to trust anyone in this life, and it’s rather impossible for me to start now with someone who cannot trust me. Leave me."

Sounded too academic, too highbrow rather than cerebral - if that makes sense. Raven always seemed to be playing games, to know, or at least imply he knew, everything, thus leaving you doubting yourself, whilst explaining he was his own worst enemy and thus you weren't shit.

One question - I don't remember Eddy doing the whole 'lie, cheat and steal' gimmick at the time - am I forgetting, or have you just added it for interest's sake?

Eddie's cheating and stealing was much like he says, not a gimmick but a lifestyle. He usually played the heel for the simple fact that he could play that cheating Mexican angle. stereotypical bastards...lol...but this has been a very good diary so far. Not sure if it's better then the Fixer diary but I'm sure this will get better.

user posted image

Sunday Night Heat--May 13th, 2001

Hosted by: Michael Cole and Tazz from WWF New York

Cole: We are one week away from Judgment Day on pay-per-view, and tonight we’ll make another match for the pay-per-view extravaganza! I’m Michael Cole, here with Tazz at WWF New York, and Tazz, we’ve got an unusual main event tonight!

Tazz: No doubt, Cole. Although I gotta correct you on one thing, the winner of tonight’s main event gets to compete for everybody right here on MTV BEFORE Judgment Day.

Cole: Well, yeah, that’s what I meant.

Tazz: Well, then learn to talk. We got ten light heavyweights ready to duke it out in an over-the-top-rope battle royal, and the winner gets a shot at Jerry Lynn’s Light Heavyweight title next week on Heat, NOT on the Judgment Day pay-per-view, as the fountain of misinformation over here might tell ya.

Cole: Who are you, Gorilla Monsoon all of a sudden?

Tazz: No, but you’re no Bobby the Brain either, so we’re even.

Cole: Fair enough, I guess. Also tonight, we’ve got an exclusive sit-down interview with one half of the APA, the rough and tough Texan, Bradshaw!

Tazz: I’m not sure I’m lookin’ forward to that one, Cole. With Faarooq joining up with Chris Jericho and moving on in the Tag Team Tournament, who knows what kinda mood Bradshaw’s gonna be in?

Cole: Well, we’ve got a competitive women’s match set to kick off, so let’s get to the ring!

Ivory (w/ Steven Richards) v. Trish Stratus

A quick match which sees Trish try to outwrestle Ivory at the start, but fail badly. Trish starts to resort to forearms and kicks, and has much more success, even drilling Richards with one as he tries to claim the forearms are closed fists. Of course, Trish takes a kick to her own head as she talks some trash to Richards, and Ivory quickly attempts to go for the Poison Ivory, but Trish is able to grab a double-leg and roll over Ivory for the cover…1...2...3!

WINNER: Trish Stratus

Cole: Wow! I gotta say, that’s a bit of an upset! Trish Stratus is not that experienced of a wrestler, and she just knocked off a three-time Women’s Champion!

Tazz: No doubt, no doubt, big feather in Trish’s cap tonight!

Cole: Wait a minute! Steven Richards just superkicked Trish into next week! That was totally uncalled for!

Tazz: Kind of a surprise there, Cole…I thought Richards was against violence against women.

Cole: Well, either he’s angry that Trish kicked him first, or he’s just a sore loser! Either way, it’s totally pathetic! It’s time for a break, but later on, we’ll have that 10-man light heavyweight battle royal and also an exclusive interview with the APA’s Bradshaw! Stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back from break, and we’re straight into a video.

Angle:  I can’t believe you people!  I have been violated!  Abused!  Victimized!

(As Kurt’s words are played back, we see Chris Benoit suplexing Angle repeatedly.)

Angle:  CHRIS BENOIT SUCKS!  He’s a thief…

(Benoit picks up Kurt’s gold medals and walks away from the ring in Milwaukee.)

Angle:  Well, darn it, I want my medals back, Benoit!

(Angle clamps on the Anklelock, and the camera closes on Benoit screaming in pain.)

Angle:  As soon as security showed up to get my medals back, he ran through the crowd and into a waiting getaway car, just like all thieves do!

(Benoit is shown leaping the guardrail and leaving the arena through the crowd.)

Heyman:  Arrest that man!  He’s running around with stolen property and making no attempt to hide it!

(Commissioner Regal is shown coming to the ring on SmackDown.)

Regal:  You want a match with Chris Benoit, am I correct?

Angle:  Boy howdy!

Regal:  …I assume you’d rather have the match in Sacramento, California, at Judgment Day.

Angle:  You’re getting warmer, Commissioner.

Regal:  …you want assurance that Benoit will bring the medals, but you’d rather not have to liberate them from his trousers, correct? 

(Benoit is shown yanking the medals from his tights and waving them at Angle while he’s trapped in the Walls of Jericho.  Then we see Angle’s grimace at the thought of his medals in Benoit’s pants.)

Regal:  So, how would you like…a ladder match for your gold medals at Judgment Day?

(The words “ladder match” echo as we see a shot of a ladder set up on the entrance ramp at WrestleMania X7...and we see Kurt Angle smiling.  Shots of Angle and Benoit brutalizing each other at several different events alternate quickly, building to a final shot of the two men standing nose-to-nose, muttering at each other before a match.)

Angle:  I want my medals back!

Switch to the Hardy Boyz’ locker room, where Lita is helping Jeff stretch for a match…until Matt barrels into the room.

Matt: Lita, what the hell are you thinking?

Lita: What? What are you talking about, Matt?

Matt: You went into Eddie Guerrero’s locker room last Thursday?

(Lita lets go of Jeff’s leg.)

Lita:

Matt: What were you there for?

Lita: I took his offer, Matt. I asked him for some advice on wrestling Chyna. I need some help, Matt. She’s not like any of the other girls I’ve wrestled.

Matt: Are you sure that’s all it was?

(Lita’s jaw drops.)

Jeff: Hey, Matt, come on, man…

Matt: No, I won’t come on, Jeff! Lita, you’re a beautiful woman…and Guerrero’s a…a…

Lita: A what, Matt?

Matt: Look, he’s no good, okay? He’s got some kind of agenda. Maybe it has to do with me taking the European title from him. Maybe it’s…

Lita: Maybe it’s you being insecure and jealous! If you don’t trust me, then why don’t you say so?

Matt: No, it’s HIM I don’t trust!

Lita: Maybe you don’t, but I do, Matt! We can talk about this after you’ve cooled down! Jeff, I’ll be outside if you want me to come to the ring with you.

(Lita stomps out.)

Jeff: Man, maybe he just wants to get back at Chyna. And if he’s got some other plan, then we just need to be there for Lita. You know?

(Matt simply shakes his head and leaves. Jeff shakes his head and goes back to stretching.)

Cole: Some problems in the Team Extreme camp, it seems.

Tazz: Hey, you know, Latino Heat’s got a way with the ladies. I wouldn’t trust him around my woman, either.

Cole: Well, we’ll see if Lita and Matt will still accompany Jeff to the ring tonight when he goes one-on-one with Christian. In the meantime, let’s go to the ring, where Latino Heat is gonna be in action!

Eddie Guerrero v. Steve Blackman

Eddie ambushes Blackman the moment he steps into the ring, trying not to let Steve get off any of his martial arts attacks. Blackman is soon able to stand after escaping a side headlock, and he staggers Guerrero with a spinning heel kick. A quick footsweep puts Eddie on the canvas, and it’s Blackman’s turn to pound away for a while. The Lethal Weapon clamps on a headlock of his own, but Guerrero manages to escape with a back suplex. Unable to quickly capitalize, Eddie absorbs a quick series of punches and palm strikes, and ends up falling through the ropes to the floor. Blackman tries to follow, but referee Jim Corderas restrains him, giving Eddie a chance to pick up Blackman’s nunchuks, which lay on the floor at ringside! Eddie slides in, but Corderas spots him with the ’chuks and tries to take them out of his hands. Jimmy’s against the ropes, and Eddie is standing between him and Blackman…and when Blackman tries to get a hold of Eddie, he’s hit with a mule kick between the wickets that drops him to the mat! Eddie relinquishes the weapon and heads up top…Frog Splash connects! 1...2...3!!

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero

Cole: Eddie couldn’t use the weapon to finish Blackman, so he had to resort to a low blow! How sad is that?

Tazz: Hey, not for nothin’, Cole, but Eddie does what he’s gotta do to get himself a win. I just hope that’s not part of his advice to Lita. I don’t think that attack would work as well on Chyna, knowhatimean?

Cole: Yeah, I think I get it. Well, folks, don’t go anywhere, because after the break, we’re gonna be joined by one half of the APA…

Tazz: …and a true veteran asskicker…

Cole: …that too, but don’t go away, Bradshaw is next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cole: All right, ladies and gentlemen, please give a big welcome to a former two-time Tag Team Champion and one of the toughest men the WWF has ever employed…give it up for BRADSHAW!

The APA’s music blasts over the WWF New York speakers and the big Texan strolls onto the stage. Bradshaw gives Cole a handshake which Cole sells like a bear hug from the Big Show, and laughs at the pain on Cole’s face. A handshake for Tazz, and everyone sits.

Tazz: Well, Bradshaw, I think Cole’s about to wet himself after that handshake you just gave ’im.

Bradshaw: Ah, hell, it’s good for ’im…teaches him to be less of a pansy.

Tazz: He’s gonna need a lot more teachin’, I think.

Cole: Okay, Bradshaw, I think the first question on everyone’s mind is…how are the ribs?

Bradshaw: Still a little tender, but I’ve worked with worse. Damn doctors are worse than a wife, naggin’ me about, “Now, you can’t go back to work until we say you can.” Hell, I don’t need weeks of therapy, I just need a twelve-pack and I’ll be numb enough to ride a bull, let alone fight Bull Buchanan and that annoying pantywaist Steven Richards.

Cole: Speaking of that annoying pantywaist…

Tazz: Yeah, you got room to talk.

Cole: Ahem…what were your thoughts when Faarooq decided to team up with Chris Jericho against Richards and Buchanan?

Bradshaw: Well, Faarooq’s been doin’ this a while, so he knows what he’s doin’ in the ring…but man, Chris Jericho is miles away from my style or Faarooq’s, and I thought he’d lost his mind. Good match, though.

Tazz: Was it hard to watch your partner winnin’ with somebody else?

Bradshaw: Yeah. And it kinda seemed like Faarooq tried not to use Jericho all that much, maybe outta respect for me, I don’t know…but it’s a little embarrassing when you gotta rely on a little Canadian midget to come in and win the match for ya.

Tazz: Um, all due respect, Bradshaw, but Jericho’s taller than I am. You callin’ me a midget?

Bradshaw: No, sir…I’d call you a little person.

Tazz leaps to his feet, and Bradshaw’s not far behind, but Cole quickly ducks in between the two to separate them.

Cole: Tazz, come on, sit down. We’re journalists, we’re here to ask questions. Come on, man.

Bradshaw: Tazz, you’re gettin’ a little touchy now that you’ve settled for a desk job.

Tazz finally sits back down, and Cole tries to move on.

Cole: Now, Bradshaw, my question to you is this: what will you do if Jericho and Faarooq make it to Judgment Day and win the shot at Austin and Triple H?

Bradshaw: Never happen. I’ll say it right now, it’ll never happen.

Cole: Why not?

Bradshaw: Look at the other teams in there. The Hardy Boyz, the Dudley Boyz, Hardcore and Crash Holly, hell, even Right to Censor. They’ve all got more experience together than Faarooq and Jericho do.

Tazz: Yeah, and midgets shouldn’t get title shots anyway, right?

Cole: Tazz, that’s enough! (To Bradshaw) You say it won’t happen, but what if it does?

Bradshaw: Well, I’ll be happy for Faarooq…but if Jericho was any kinda man, he’d hand me over his half of the titles.

Cole: Why should he?

Bradshaw: Did you see the name that was on those brackets originally? It said APA, which is Faarooq and Bradshaw. Always has been, always will be. If they somehow win those titles, those are the APA’s titles.

Tazz: Even though you won’t be doing anything to earn half of those titles?

Bradshaw: I wouldn’t expect you to understand, Tazz. Hell, in ECW, you all stabbed each other in the back all the time. Too much hangin’ out with that slimy bastard Heyman. Here in the WWF, it’s about family, and Faarooq and me are family. Family looks out for family, and Faarooq will look out for me. End of story.

Cole: Bradshaw, I’ve gotta say, this is a really different attitude you’re carrying, and I don’t really like it.

Bradshaw: Michael Cole, I don’t give a rat’s ass what you think of my attitude. I’m pissed off that I can’t go out there and do what I do best, and if that means I have a bad attitude, so be it.

Cole: And don’t you think you owe Tazz an apology?

Bradshaw (snickering): Why would I? What’s he gonna do, bite my ankle?

This time, Tazz leaps out of his chair and tackles Bradshaw, knocking him backwards in his chair, and the two begin brawling their way right off the stage. Cole doesn’t even segue to break, the show just goes there as security tries to separate Tazz and Bradshaw.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cole: Okay, fans, we’re back on Sunday Night Heat, and it looks like I’ll be doing the remainder of the show by myself, as security has removed both Bradshaw AND my partner Tazz, so let’s get back to some action.

Christian (w/ Edge and Rhyno) v. Jeff Hardy (w/ Lita)

No Matt at ringside, and that turns out to be a problem. Christian and Jeff work together pretty nicely, keeping the pace high throughout the match. Jeff costs himself dearly by having focus problems, particularly when Edge and Rhyno surround Lita on the outside. Jeff whips Christian into a corner, looking like he wants the one-man Poetry in Motion, but instead, he bounces off the ropes and takes flight over the top rope! Lita ducks aside as Jeff lands across Edge and Rhyno, resulting in a pileup on the floor! Lita tries to help Jeff up, but here comes Christian to the outside…and he drops Lita with an Unprettier on the steel ramp! Christian shoves Jeff into the ring and tries to set up an Unprettier there, but Jeff is able to shove him off into the corner again. This time, Jeff does get the running start and charges for the Poetry in Motion…but Christian gets pulled out of the ring by Edge, leaving Jeff to bounce off the turnbuckle and land awkwardly on the mat! Christian slides right back in as referee Teddy Long chastises Edge…and this time, Christian hits an Unprettier on Jeff! Long spots the cover…1...2...3!

WINNER: Christian

Cole: Edge saved his brother’s hide there, I don’t even think Tazz would deny that one! And…wait, what’s Rhyno doing? Oh, no, come on, he’s already lost the match! Oh, my GOD! Rhyno just Gored Jeff Hardy right out of his boots! This is a gang beating, and that’s all! Lita’s still barely moving from the Unprettier she took! Oh, if these two teams get to face off at Judgment Day, Arco Arena might not contain it! And speaking of a rivalry that will spill over at Judgment Day, let’s take a look at this past week’s continuing hostilities between The Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Vince and Austin are shown in the ring at the start of Raw.

Vince:  Now, I ask you all…why should a man who can’t even beat Rikishi be our number-one contender for the WWF Championship?  Rikishi defeated the Deadman 1, 2, 3 right in the middle of this very ring!  And yet the Undertaker continues on his merry way with no repercussions, no harm done to his championship aspirations.  How is that…fair?

Austin:  Dammit, Vince, you’re the Chairman of this company!  Grow a set and STRIP him of the damn shot!

(The WrestleMania Classic music hits, and Linda McMahon enters.)

Linda:  Steve, what my soon-to-be former husband doesn’t have the…ahem…grapefruits to tell you is that The Undertaker’s Judgment Day contract does have an escape clause.  If the Undertaker should lose a match in a clean fashion between the signing and the pay-per-view, then yes, he does lose the chance at the title…Vince didn’t look at the contract before he signed it, so he is a willing party to the fallback clause that the Undertaker asked to have inserted.

Austin:  What the hell’s a fallback clause?

Linda:  It ensures that if the company is unable to feature a World Championship match as the main event at Judgment Day, we are guaranteed a match of similar value and stature.  A match that people will pay to see, if you will.  So if Undertaker were to lose his shot, his match would be changed and he would face an opponent of similar name value to you, Steve…The fallback main event for Judgment Day would feature The Undertaker…going one-on-one…in a match of his choosing…against Vincent…Kennedy…McMahon.

(We see Vince looking glum and Austin grinning.  Now to Austin and Debra’s locker room.)

Austin:  No, you got everything, let’s go!

(Austin hides behind Debra.)

Taker:  Leaving so soon, Austin?

Austin:  Try not threatenin’ me when there’s a lady present.  If my wife wasn’t here, I’d…

Taker (leaning in closer):  You’d what?

Austin:  I’d stomp a mudhole in yer ass and walk it dry, that’s what!

Taker:  I do understand you not wantin’ to take a beating in front of the missus…doesn’t make ya feel like much of a man, I hear.  But that’s okay.  (To Debra)  Deb, always a pleasure…but I’m gonna kick yer old man’s ass at Judgment Day, whether you’re there or not.  (To Austin)  You can’t hide much longer, Steve.  Thirteen more days, and your ass is mine.

(Taker spits the glob of tobacco juice across Debra’s jacket.)

Debra:  What the…dammit, Steve, look what he did to my jacket!  Look at this!  I’m never gonna get this stain out!

Austin:  Well, ya wouldn’t have that problem if we didn’t stay to look for yer damn hairbrush, now would we?  Come on!

(Next, we see Austin finishing off Joey Matthews on SmackDown, and his horrified expression when “Rollin’” begins to play.  Kane Chokeslams Triple H, and Austin turns with a deer-in-headlights look as he notices he’s cornered.)

Cole:  Austin’s not nearly so confident, now that he’s surrounded!

Tazz:  Would you be, stuck between those two?

(Austin absorbs Kane’s Chokeslam…and then we see Undertaker signal to the crowd and hoist Austin for the Last Ride!)

Cole:  LAST RIDE!  If Undertaker hits that at Judgment Day, we’ll have a new WWF Champion!  Wow!  The Power Trip have been totally laid out!

(Austin is shown flat on his back in the ring, and Undertaker stands over him, arms raised, saluting the crowd.  The words “We’ll have a new WWF Champion!” echo as the video fades.)

Cole: And stay tuned, ‘cause when we come back, we’ll have a 10-man over-the-top battle royal to determine the Number One Contender to Jerry Lynn’s Light Heavyweight title! That’s next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cole: We’re back, and I guess I’m not doing this match alone, because I’ve been joined by the Light Heavyweight Champion himself, Jerry Lynn! Jerry, are you curious about who you’ll be facing before Judgment Day?

Lynn: Only thing I’m curious about is why my match is gonna be given away for free. Any fan who knows anything about wrestling would pay any amount of money to see Jerry Lynn dominate any of these fools.

10-Man Battle Royal (Winner faces Jerry Lynn on pre-Judgment Day Heat):

Entrants: Crash Holly, Essa Rios, Funaki, Grandmaster Sexay, Jason York, Joey Matthews, Spike Dudley, Tajiri, TAKA Michinoku, and X-Pac

Crash gets us started by charging at Tajiri, and the two tag teams pair off as well, York with TAKA and Matthews with Funaki. X-Pac attacks Spike, and Essa is left with Sexay. Crash nearly gets eliminated very early, as a Tajiri back kick sends him over the top, but he lands on the apron and crawls back in. Crash wants some revenge, and he charges to try and toss Tajiri, but Tajiri clings to the top rope and skins the cat back in. Crash tries for one final push, but instead, he gets Tajiri’s legs wrapped around his head…and the Japanese newcomer pulls Crash out to the floor with the headscissor!

Cole: Jerry, I’m surprised to see Crash as the first one out, are you?

Lynn: No, I’m not. Crash is an idiot, and he proved that when he blew his rematch while he was hung over. He’s got no business even being in this match.

Now Tajiri joins Kaientai as they battle with York and Matthews, and the camera catches Sexay rolling out of the way of a quebrada from Essa. Rios gets tossed quickly, and GMS stops to celebrate for a moment…but the moment is brief, as X-Pac scores with a superkick that sends Sexay over the top and out as well! Spike catches Pac from behind and tries for a Dudley Dogg, but Pac drops Spike over the top rope instead! Jason York wanders over and lays some shots in on X-Pac, allowing Spike some time to get off the rope. Tajiri turns on Funaki, talking him into trying for a moonsault on Matthews and shoving him off the top rope when he gets there! TAKA takes umbrage and charges, only to be backdropped over the top and out!

Cole: Both members of Kaientai are out, thanks to Tajiri! Jerry, have I heard correctly that you know a little something about Tajiri?

Lynn: Yeah, there’s a little history there…but I owned Tajiri whenever I faced him in ECW, and nothing’s gonna be any different now.

York, Matthews, Spike, X-Pac, and Tajiri remain. York and Matthews try to work together on X-Pac as Spike battles Tajiri. Spike sends Tajiri in, but Tajiri rebounds with a handspring back elbow! Spike ducks aside, however, leaving Tajiri to collide with Matthews, which sends him over the top! York tries to reach a hand out to save his partner, and Matthews dangles inches above the floor…then Spike and Tajiri team up to bundle York out, and he takes Matthews with him! Three men remain, and X-Pac tries to blindside both Spike and Tajiri! Spike goes down quickly, but Tajiri turns and unleashes a kick, which X-Pac ducks. Both men display the martial arts style for a few seconds, but neither man can connect with any kicks. Pac charges, and Tajiri tries to counter with a backdrop…but X-Pac turns it into the X-Factor to put Tajiri down! Pac cordially invites Tajiri to suck it, standing over him and crotch-chopping like a madman, and Spike takes advantage of the opportunity to snatch X-Pac around the neck and waist and shove him over the top! Pac hangs on to the top rope, but Spike scores a dropkick to the small of his back, sending Pac to the floor! Down to Spike and Tajiri, and Spike heads over to help Tajiri up…but Tajiri spits a mouthful of green mist right into Spike’s face! Surprisingly, though, Tajiri looks a bit ashamed…seems he thought it was X-Pac coming to finish him off. He tries to help Spike wipe the mist off his face…and Crash Holly comes sliding back in! Crash spears Tajiri into a corner…then lifts him out and connects with the Crash Course piledriver! An angry Crash stomps back to the locker room as Tajiri lays motionless on the canvas and Spike tries to clear his vision. Finally, Tajiri starts to stir, and he and Spike are vertical at about the same time. Tajiri’s still woozy, though, and is easy prey for Spike to toss over the top rope for the win!

WINNER: Spike Dudley

Cole: This is an upset, in my book! I would have never picked Spike over, say, X-Pac or Tajiri or Crash! Jerry, your thoughts.

Lynn: This’ll be a walk in the park, Cole. I’ve beaten Spike Dudley’s ass a lotta times, and one more won’t take a lot of effort.

Cole: Well, we’ll have to see one week from tonight, won’t we? Fans, make sure to call your cable company or satellite provider and order Judgment Day, one week from tonight! I’m Michael Cole, for the Light Heavyweight Champion Jerry Lynn, good night, everybody!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Spike, huh? Another odd choice.”

Henry: “Yeah, but there were so many different ways we could go with Spike and Jerry Lynn and Crash and Hardcore and the Dudleyz and Molly and X-Factor, Spike just seemed to leave the most options.”

“Did you think Bradshaw came off as a guy who was trying to turn heel?”

Sowders: “Coulda been, but really, we needed him angry. He was mad about being left out of the tournament, and took it out on everybody, even Faarooq. Again, it left us set up well for later on.”

“Was there any support in the office or from the fans for teasing a break between the Hardyz?”

Henry: “Strangely, the fans seemed more interested than the office did.”

Sowders: “Might have just been easier to book the Hardyz as a unit, rather than coming up with something separate for both of them. They had a thought that Jeff might break out on his own, but he was really starting to lose focus about this time.”

“Would you say it was the beginning of the end for him?”

Henry: “No, that didn’t happen, strangely, until after the Invasion really ended.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Raw Preview

May 14th, 2001

The final Raw before Judgment Day, and it comes to you from Cincinnati’s US Bank Arena!

Last Thursday, the Tag Team Champions, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H, were demolished by their respective Judgment Day opponents, The Undertaker and Kane.  Will they exact some revenge, or will they ask Commissioner Regal to do it for them?  And will Stone Cold try to find an opponent who can take away Undertaker’s title shot?  Find out on Raw!

Speaking of the Tag Team titles, two teams will advance to Judgment Day tonight as the #1 Contender’s Tournament continues!  Goodfather and Val Venis will try to make sure one Right to Censor team is represented when they face the Hardy Boyz, but are Matt and Jeff on the same page after last night’s blowup on Heat?  And will Jeff even be at the top of his game after taking a Gore from Rhyno? 

The other tournament match pits Hardcore and Crash Holly against the veteran team of Rikishi and Haku.  The island madmen were awarded this spot for their helping Stone Cold against the Undertaker, but can they overcome the always-angry Hardcore Holly and a newly motivated Crash?

Also, Rhyno defends the Hardcore title against Raven.  Will Raven bring backup to counteract the likely presence of Edge and Christian?  And will Shane McMahon appear to try to talk Raven over to WCW again?

All that and more, LIVE on Raw!  Monday night, 9/8 Central on TNN!

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

RAW--May 14th, 2001

From US Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio

Hosted by: Jim Ross and Paul Heyman

JR: We are six days away from Judgment Day, and tensions are running high in the WWF locker room! Good evening, folks, I’m Jim Ross with Paul Heyman at ringside, and Paul, I have a feeling tonight’s going to be an unpredictable evening!

Heyman: So you’re predicting unpredictability? That makes no sense, JR. But you may be right, there’s volatile elements colliding tonight! We’ve got the Hardy Boyz, who had a bit of a tiff last night on Heat, working together again to face the Right to Censor, and in the other Tag Team Tournament match, we’ve got the always dangerous Rikishi and Haku facing off against Crash and Hardcore Holly!

JR: Plus, there’s a match that I know you’re excited about, two of your favorites from ECW going at it for the Hardcore title!

Heyman: Absolutely! Raven and Rhyno facing off with no rules! I tell ya, it’s just like old times.

The RTC sirens drown out any further commentary, and Steven Richards leads the RTC to the ring, mic in hand.

Richards: Honestly, I’m a little confused, but still revolted and appalled by some of the things that I saw yesterday evening on Heat. Our opponents tonight, the Hardy Boyz, seemed to be having a little argument. If I’m understanding things correctly, Matthew Hardy’s girlfriend has been paying some…shall we say, secret visits to another superstar by the name of Eddie Guerrero. And when this argument started, said girlfriend…let’s call her Lita…was touching Matthew’s brother in a rather more-than-friendly way. Now, I ask…what kind of morally bankrupt upbringing did the Hardy Boyz and Lita have as children? I mean, you’ve got Jeffrey making moves on Matthew’s girlfriend, Lita’s locker-room hopping like there’s no tomorrow…Matthew Hardy has every right to be upset. Matthew, your path is clear. Come join the Right to Censor and we can help you teach some morals to your sexual predator of a brother and your promiscuous harlot of a girlfriend…and we’ll even get a piece of Eddie Guerrero as well. Your European Championship would look wonderful around the waist of conservative Right to Censor attire, and…

No more talk for Steven, as the Hardyz’ music hits, and the Boyz and Lita come sprinting toward the ring.

Tag Team Tournament Second Round Match:

Goodfather and Val Venis (w/ Steven Richards, Ivory, and Bull Buchanan) v. The Hardy Boyz (w/ Lita)

No wasted time for the Hardyz as they lay into Val and Goodfather with a flurry of forearm shots. Jeff clotheslines Venis over the top while Matt repeatedly boots Goodfather in the breadbasket. Matt quickly drops to all fours…and the Poetry in Motion connects! Crowd’s going spastic as the RTC retreat and regroup, and by the time they re-enter the ring, it’s decided that Matt will start off for the Hardyz. Matt goes toe-to-toe with Val for the early going, only to catch a low blow while Steven has Mike Chioda distracted. From here, Matt gets isolated, and nearly falls victim to the Proper Drop (FKA the Pimp Drop)…but he’s able to slide out the back and shove Goodfather into the corner! The crowd chants for the Hardyz as Matt struggles for the corner. Goodfather dives to grab an ankle, but falls just short as Matt makes the tag…and Jeff enters with a somersault senton to the center of Goodfather’s back! Jeff is en fuego as he charges across and knocks Val off the apron, then drills Bull, who tries to pop up and tell the ref that ain’t right. Now, Ivory’s got a chair, but as she rounds a corner of the ring to slide in, she gets the seat kicked back into her face by Lita! Matt’s on the floor, pounding the ever-loving hell out of Steven Richards…here comes Bull again to get Chioda’s attention…and Venis slides in to deliver a Blue Thunder Bomb to Jeff! He drags Goodfather toward the corner, and it’s an easy matter to make the tag. The newly legal Val heads up to the top rope, looking for the Morality Shot…but he gets knees as Jeff is able to counter the move! Now, here’s Bull on the apron AGAIN, and Chioda’s had enough, as he decides it’s time to evict Steven, Ivory, and Bull completely! Only Bull leaves, since Steven and Ivory are still out cold on the floor, but Bull’s not leaving quietly. While he’s arguing with Chioda, Matt charges in and tackles Goodfather…and Lita’s headed to the top! Lita takes flight and connects with a flying headscissor to Venis, and now Jeff is headed up in another corner! Swanton connects, Lita slides out, Chioda’s back in the ring…1...2...3!!

WINNERS: The Hardy Boyz

Heyman: Now, even you can’t tell me that was fair, JR! Lita had no business in the ring, let alone getting physical with Val Venis!

JR: What’s good for the gander is good for the goose here, Paul. Bull Buchanan, Steven Richards, and Ivory were circling like a pack of rabid dogs, looking for an opportunity there! Lita was evening the odds!

Heyman: I know you’re getting up there in years, JR, but have you seen a doctor about these hallucinations? The Alzheimer’s is kicking in, isn’t it?

JR: Oh, kiss my Oklahoma backside!

Quick cut to backstage, where we see Vince McMahon stroll up to a door with Edge and Christian’s logo on it and walk right in.

Edge: Well, if it ain’t the Captain of Chairmanosity!

Christian: Mr. McMahon, totally sweet to see you here.

Vince: Well, thank you, boys. Are you two ready to go to Judgment Day?

Edge: Are we? Christian’s been wetting himself, he’s so psyched.

Christian: I…what? Wait a minute…

Vince: Glad to hear it. I’m sure you two would be one hell of a challenge for Stone Cold and Triple H. Good luck with that, but it’s not what I came here to talk about.

Christian: Okay…what else can we do for ya, boss?

Vince: I’d like you two to protect an investment for me. You’re friends with our WWF Hardcore Champion, Rhyno, correct?

Edge: Oh, yeah. Rhyno’s our BFF, totally.

Vince: Okay, whatever the hell that means…anyway, I need you two to go to the ring with him for his match. He’s defending the title against Raven. And Raven has already had talks with my ingrateful, traitorous son Shane. The last thing I want is for the Hardcore Championship that I created to end up in WCW hands. You two will be there to make sure that doesn’t happen…by any means necessary. Do you understand?

Edge: Absolutely.

Christian: Raven’s gonna get so totally punkmanized!

Vince: Good, I knew I could count on you boys. The match is next, so go find Rhyno.

E&C hustle out, and Vince shakes his head.

Vince: What the hell’s a BFF?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Hardcore Championship Match:

Rhyno © (w/ Edge and Christian) v. Raven

Raven brings the shopping cart and tosses a load of plunder into the ring. Stop sign, chair, black bat, stuffed Frankenstein doll, and so on. Rhyno brings his title belt…and Edge and Christian…who each bring a steel chair.

JR: Raven’s walking into a massacre in this match! And it’s all legal!

Heyman: I know, ain’t it great?

JR: No, it’s not great! This is nothing more than Vince McMahon punishing Raven for his conversation with Shane last week.

Heyman: And this tells us just what a benevolent Chairman Mr. McMahon is. I mean, seriously, JR…in most cultures, traitors are put to death. Raven’s getting off light.

Raven immediately begins pounding away with a kendo stick as Rhyno slides into the ring. Edge and Christian stay respectfully outside the ring, but continue to brandish the chairs. Raven batters Rhyno around the ring for a bit until he pauses to set up the chair in the middle. When he returns to Rhyno, Raven’s met by a pair of right hands and a shoulder block to the gut that sends both men tumbling to the floor. Edge and Christian try to flank Raven for a quick Conchairto, but Christian’s swing is interrupted by a drop toe hold that sends him right into the path of Edge’s swing! Raven ducks back into the ring, and Rhyno gives chase for more brawling. Eventually, the two men abandon all pretense of even hand-to-hand combat and start trading weapon shots! Rhyno smacks Raven with a trash can lid…Raven responds with a stop sign…trash can lid…stop sign…trash can lid…stop sign…and both men are quite wobbly by the time they cease the exchange. Raven staggers off in search of his bat, but finds only a trash can. Rhyno pauses for a moment in the opposite corner to get his bearings…then spots Raven across the ring and charges for a Gore! But Raven shoves the trash can into the corner and ducks aside, leaving Rhyno to smash headfirst into the garbage can!! Raven drags Rhyno out of the corner, looking for the Raven Effect…but Edge reaches out and crashes his already-dented steel chair over the back of Raven’s skull! Raven falls to the mat, and Rhyno lands on top of him for the cover…1...2...SHOULDER UP! Now, here comes Edge, supremely pissed off and swinging. He clocks Raven once…twice…thrice…FOUR TIMES with the chair, which now has Raven’s head imprinted in more detail than George Washington’s on the quarter. He drops the chair to the mat, and drags the prone Raven to a semi-vertical position…then scores with an Impaler flat on the chair! Edge rolls Rhyno onto his opponent…1...2...3!! After the count is made, Christian finally returns to the action, and as Edge hauls Raven vertical again, he helps Christian set up for an Unprettier on the chair! Raven is left busted open as Team REC head up the ramp with Rhyno’s Hardcore title intact.

WINNER and STILL CHAMPION: Rhyno

JR: Absolutely sickening, Paul. That was nothing but a gang mauling!

Heyman: JR, the only rule in a Hardcore match is that there are no rules! Edge and Christian being there was as legal as a wristlock, as you always bore the public by saying. Anyone who wants to take that battered strap away from Rhyno better bring help, because Edge and Christian may just be there every time!

Back to backstage, this time in Commissioner Regal’s office. Regal is looking over some paperwork when the WWF Championship belt comes flying onto his desk, startling him and spilling his cup of tea.

Regal: What the bloody hell…

He looks up into the angry face of the WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Regal: Ah, Mr. Austin. You startled me. What can I do for you this fine evening?

Austin: You can start by gettin’ a Keg-O-Rator installed in yer office. After I’m done bitchin’ atcha, I’m gonna need a beer or six. After that, you can find somebody who can beat the Undertaker’s ass tonight and give me this Sunday off. Now, I might be able to wait on the beer, but I’m not leavin’ until you find me some hard-ass sonofabitch that can beat Undertaker in the middle of that ring.

Regal: Well, Mr. Austin…I can’t simply order someone to face the Undertaker tonight…

Austin: Why the hell not? You do it to everybody else.

Regal: Well, for God’s sake, man, the Undertaker is a killer. He gets into the ring looking to end someone’s career.

Austin: So do I, WHAT’S YOUR POINT!?!

Regal: I cannot, in good conscience, send someone out there to suffer potential permanent injury simply because you’re…

Austin: Because I’m what?!

Regal:

Austin: Come on, son, spit it out…BECAUSE I’M WHAT?!?

Regal: Well, it seems that you might be…possibly…somewhat…shall we say…reluctant to face the Undertaker.

Austin: Wait…sounds to me like you’re callin’ ol’ Stone Cold a coward. Is that it?

Regal: Oh, no, Mr. Austin, far from it--

Austin: That’s what it sounded like to me. (Grabs Regal by the jacket.) Now, let’s try this again. Get Undertaker an opponent for tonight, or I’m gonna tear that tie off and shove it so far down yer damn throat that I’ll be able to floss your insides with it! Gimme the first name that pops into your head.

Regal: Funaki.

Austin: Eh-eh…try again.

Regal: Haku?

Austin: He’s got a match tonight. (Tightens Regal’s tie.) Try again!

Regal (gasping): Triple Haitch?

Austin: Close, but he’s got a match, too. Come on, Regal, you can do better than that.

Regal (turning purple): Uh…Kurt Angle?

Austin stops and thinks for a second, then releases his grip on Regal and loosens his tie.

Austin: You know, Kurt Angle just might work. He’s a former WWF Champion, he’s beaten Undertaker before…and he ain’t busy tonight, is he?

Regal: No, sir, no match for Mr. Angle tonight.

Austin: Well, now he’s got one. You’re doin’ a good job, Regal…just get me a stocked fridge in here and we’ll be best pals.

Austin grabs his belt and leaves as Regal continues to fight for breath.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back from break, and we see the Dudley Boyz walking backstage when they’re turned around by an angry voice behind them. They turn and come face-to-face with a grumpy-looking Hardcore Holly, who’s trailed by cousins Crash and Molly.

Hardcore: You two have a lot of damn nerve, sticking your nose in our match last Thursday. We didn’t need your help.

Buh Buh: Funny, comin’ from the guy who was laid out flat when we got to the ring. All you needed was for X-Pac to stick his greasy head in, and you two would be watchin’ the rest of the tournament.

D-Von: That’s the truth, brother. Testify!

Hardcore: I’ll testify to this…if I see either of you trying to get involved during our match with Rikishi and Haku…you won’t like what I do to you.

Buh Buh: Well, there ain’t much chance of that, because we don’t really have a problem with Rikishi and Haku…but it sounds like we might have a problem with you, Holly.

Molly (stepping between): Cousin Hardcore, just let it go. You gotta go win a match.

Spike: Yeah, guys. Molly’s right.

Crash: Hey, stuff it, Spike. Nobody wants to hear from you…especially after you won MY battle royal last night on Heat.

D-Von: You were first one out of that battle royal, fool, so you need to lay off Spike.

Crash: Yeah, and what’s he gonna do if I don’t?

Buh Buh: It ain’t what he’s gonna do…it’s what we’re gonna do.

Molly finally succeeds in shoving her cousins toward the ring for their match, which begins…right about now.

Rikishi and Haku v. Hardcore and Crash Holly (w/ Molly Holly)

Hardcore starts the match off fast, taking things right to Rikishi, and the Hollys are able to isolate the Phat Man fairly well…until Crash overrates his own strength and tries to heft Rikishi for the Crash Course. Phatu is easily able to counter with a Samoan Drop and manages to reach the corner for the tag to Haku. Haku administers some enthusiastic punching and kicking to Crash, pounding him all the way around the ring, even back to his own corner. Hardcore gets the tag, and Haku doesn’t miss a beat, waylaying him on the way in as well. Hardcore and Haku trade fists until Hardcore scores with a kick to the gut and DDT. Hardcore stands back up to continue the pounding, but he’s interrupted by a thrust kick from the invading Rikishi! Holly slumps to the mat in the corner, and Rikishi tries to take advantage and go for a Banzai Drop…and here comes Crash, trying to knock Rikishi off the turnbuckle with right hands. Surprisingly, he succeeds…but Rikishi lands right on Hardcore’s chest with the move he was looking for in the first place! Rikishi hops up and clotheslines Crash off the apron as a revived Haku clamps the Tongan Death Grip on Hardcore! Holly’s shoulders are down…1...2...3!!

WINNERS: Haku and Rikishi

JR: Haku and Rikishi are headed to Judgment Day, Paul, and I‘m surprised. Except for Rikishi illegally attacking Hardcore Holly, this match was fairly clean.

Heyman: FAIRLY clean? JR, Rikishi and Haku were consummate sportsmen in that match. The only cheating I saw was Crash Holly trying to take liberties on Rikishi.

JR: Rikishi was taking liberties on Hardcore Holly at the time…or did you miss that part?

Heyman: Rikishi was protecting his injured partner, and I’m sticking to that story.

JR: Well, either way, folks, later tonight, we’ve got Buh Buh Ray Dudley’s punishment for interfering in X-Factor’s match last week. On SmackDown, D-Von had to face Kurt Angle, and tonight, Buh Buh has to go one-on-one with the Intercontinental Champion, Triple H!

Heyman: And I’m not sure how good of a situation this is for Triple H…I mean, he’s got a dangerous man in the ring in Buh Buh Ray Dudley, and he’s got an even more dangerous man stalking him around the building in Kane! The Game could be walking into a trap tonight!

JR: Well, if he is, hopefully he’ll blame our scoundrel of a Commissioner.

Heyman: WHAT?!? Commissioner Regal, if you’re listening, these comments do not represent the opinions of Paul E. Heyman, only those of Jim Ross.

JR: We’ll be back, fans.

Heyman: Well, I will at least. Keep talking like you are, and you won’t be.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Once again, we’re looking at Commissioner Regal backstage, and he’s flagged down by Kurt Angle.

Angle: Commissioner Regal, can I have a word with you?

Regal: Certainly, Mr. Angle. What’s on your mind?

Angle: I’m wondering if you’ve lost YOUR mind, sir.

Regal: Excuse me?

Angle: Commissioner, I’m six days away from facing Chris Benoit at Judgment Day. It’s a ladder match, and those are always brutal. Plus, I have the added pressure of getting my gold medals back. I need to be at the top of my game, so why am I facing the Undertaker tonight?

Regal: Well…you see…as the Commissioner of the WWF, I have to provide the ultimate in superb action for the fans…

Angle: Since when have you cared about the fans?

Regal: These people pay our wages, sunshine…much as I hate to admit it. Now, when I thought about who could put on a great match for our main event tonight, you were the first to come to mind. Who knows more about great wrestling than an Olympic gold medalist?

Angle: Absolutely no one, but that’s beside the point. If I’m not going to be 100% going into Judgment Day, I demand that Chris Benoit get a similar treatment this Thursday. He needs a match.

Regal: I see…and do you have an opponent in mind?

Angle: Um…well…(Angle looks off camera and points.) Him!

Regal and the camera both turn and spot Albert walking by.

Regal: Albert, you say? I rather like that. This Thursday, we’ll see Chris Benoit face Albert, then. Anything else I can do for you, Mr. Angle?

Angle: No, sir…I just wanted to make sure I got a fair shake. Thank you.

Angle walks off, and Regal keeps going…until his path is blocked by the Right to Censor.

Richards: Commissioner.

Regal: Lovely to see you, Mr. Richards, but I have some pressing business…

Richards: Yes, you do…and it’s with us. I demand to know how you plan on punishing that miserable harlot Lita for costing Goodfather and Val Venis a chance to compete at Judgment Day.

Regal: First off, sunshine, change your tone when you speak to me…I’m the bloody Commissioner here, not you. Secondly, I do agree that the Right to Censor were sorely ill-used by the Hardy Boyz and Lita. So, I have a solution for you. First of all, Lita. I have already made a match for tonight, set to start quite shortly in fact, where Lita will be Chyna’s tag team partner, and they face Trish Stratus and Molly Holly. Now, as a show of good faith to the Right to Censor, I propose that Ivory be added to the Women’s title match at Judgment Day to make it a Triple Threat match. Is this acceptable?

Ivory: Absolutely, Commissioner.

Richards: Sister Ivory, I’ll decide if this is acceptable, thank you. (To Regal) Yes, that’s all well and good, Commissioner, but what about the Goodfather and Val Venis? These men have lost their chance at a prestigious championship!

Regal: Well, what if one of them gets a shot at another championship? Since the Hardy Boyz unjustly benefited from Lita’s interference, one of them should receive the punishment, wouldn’t you agree?

Richards: Certainly.

Regal: Well, then, Matt Hardy will have to wrestle twice at Judgment Day. He and his brother will compete in the Four Corners match, and then he’ll have to turn right around and defend his European title against either the Goodfather or Val Venis. The opponent will be of your choosing, Mr. Richards, and you are under no obligation to announce your choice until that man enters the ring on Sunday. Fair?

Richards: Absolutely, sir. It’s a beautiful idea, and I’m very sorry for my tone earlier.

Regal: Think nothing of it. Good day, lady and gentlemen. (The RTC walk away and Regal shakes his head.) Bloody zealots.

Trish Stratus and Molly Holly v. Lita and Chyna

Trish and Molly enter together to Trish’s music, while Lita and Chyna enter separately. This establishes the theme of the match, as Lita and Chyna remain on different pages for the remainder of the bout. Trish and Molly are able to keep Lita isolated, a fact which is certainly helped by Chyna refusing to even attempt to tag into the match. It all hits the fan when Molly whips Lita into a corner and tries for a Chyna-esque backflip elbow…only to see Lita duck out of the corner and dive at Chyna, tagging her on the arm! Chyna charges into the ring and pounds on Molly in one corner, whips her across to the opposite corner, and shows her how the backflip elbow’s really done. Chyna allows Molly to stagger out far enough to tag, and Trish charges in…and absorbs a Powerbomb for her trouble! Molly takes one as well, and then Chyna reaches out for the tag to Lita. Lita enters…and Chyna boots her in the gut as well…another Powerbomb connects, this one on her own partner! Chyna pulls the prone Trish onto Lita for a cover…1...2...3!!

WINNERS: Trish Stratus and Molly Holly

JR: What the hell was that? Chyna just Powerbombed her own partner!

Heyman: That, JR, is strategy. They’re partners tonight, but Chyna’s looking at the big picture. This Sunday, Lita is a threat to the Women’s Championship, and Chyna is out to eliminate the threat!

JR: And what do you call this? OH, DEAR GOD! Another Powerbomb! This is absolutely sickening! Chyna has no compassion whatsoever! Lita needs medical attention here!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back from break, and we’re looking at a very uncomfortable-looking Michael Cole, who is standing in between Kane and the Undertaker.

Cole: I’m standing in between the Brothers of Destruction, Kane and the Undertaker, and gentlemen, I wanted to get your thoughts on…

Undertaker borrows the mic.

Taker: You can have our thoughts on whatever we wanna talk about, Michael Cole. And what I wanna talk about is the yellow streak runnin’ down Steve Austin’s backside. Austin, you’re tryin’ to find anybody with a pulse that might be able to save you from Judgment Day this Sunday. You’re hellbent on makin’ sure that I have to face Vince McMahon instead of you, and it’d be pretty funny if it wasn’t so damn pathetic. You see, you know good and well what happens to people who come to meet me in my yard. You’ve been there…lookin’ up at the lights after a Chokeslam, or a Tombstone, or a Last Ride. Difference is, this time, I may as well cut your heart out, ‘cuz we all know that title is your life right now. Tonight, they tell me I gotta beat Kurt Angle, and that’s no problem. I’ve done that before. Thursday, you’ll probably find some other punk to step up to me, and I’ll beat them too. And after that, there’s nothing left for you to do but pray, Austin. Pray that you can keep me from taking your title…your life…away from you this Sunday. Big Daddy Deadman’s comin’, Austin…and you can’t even bring an army to stop me.

Taker hands the mic back to Cole.

Cole: Thank you, Undertaker, now Kane…

Kane borrows the mic this time.

Kane: Shut up, Cole. You wanna ask me about Triple H. The man who’s gotta meet me this Sunday in a Street Fight for the Intercontinental Championship. The man who’s facing Buh Buh Ray Dudley tonight. Well, tonight, I need to know what I’m up against…so I may just go down and get me a ringside seat. Check things out close up. And if Triple H is really “That Damn Good,” he won’t lose his focus by having me just outside the ring. Triple H, you’ve played with fire one too many times getting into our business…and so has your wife. But remember…payback burns, Triple H. Whether you find that out tonight or Sunday…well, that’s up to you.

Cole is given the mic back, and the brothers walk off camera.

Cole: Uh, JR, Paul, back to you.

Non-title Match:

WWF Intercontinental Champion Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) v. Buh Buh Ray Dudley

With the two opponents in the ring, the action has no time to even start before Kane’s pyro and music hit, and here comes Triple H’s Judgment Day opponent. The Game is understandably annoyed by this, and Stephanie tries to keep as much distance between herself and The Big Red Machine as possible. Kane’s carrying a chair and sets it up at the foot of the ramp, sitting down to watch the match. Buh Buh Ray gets a quick start, hammering Triple H in the back to start off. Buh Buh is actually able to retain control for several minutes, until he decides to head up to the top rope. Buh Buh launches himself for a top-rope senton…and HHH rolls away, leaving Buh Buh to crash to the mat! Both men arise fairly quick, but Triple H responds first, scoring with the high knee. Kane stands up out of his chair and begins to walk around the ring as HHH continues working over Buh Buh with mounted fists. Stephanie’s so intent on watching her husband that she doesn’t even notice Kane’s in motion until he rounds the corner nearest her! HHH hears his wife scream and sees her start running, and here he comes rolling out of the ring! He spins Kane around and starts to lay into him with the fists, and referee Mike Chioda calls for the bell when Kane begins to fight back!

WINNER by DQ: Triple H

The two men bash each other all over ringside, until Rikishi and Haku barrel down the ramp. Haku begins to pound away on Kane, but Rikishi is headed off by Buh Buh Ray!

JR: Bah Gawd, we’ve got a bar-the-door melee here, Paul! Now, here comes D-Von Dudley!

Heyman: Triple H and Kane will be ready to tear each other apart on Sunday, and quite honestly, Kane deserves every bit of it!

JR: Now, how do you figure?

Heyman: He was threatening Triple H’s wife, and with no provocation! Absolutely uncalled for! And look at this, here comes the Undertaker!

JR: Folks, we’ve got to go to a break, and hopefully we can get this car wreck straightened out before our main event match!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

JR: Fans, during the break, we saw one of the most cowardly attacks that I’ve ever seen in my years in this business. Kurt Angle comes down and gets involved in the melee that already involved Triple H, Kane, The Undertaker, the Dudley Boyz, and Rikishi and Haku, and look what he does here!

Heyman: JR, you call it cowardice, I call it brilliant strategy! Kurt Angle saw that The Undertaker was involving himself in other people’s business, and a tremendous Angle Slam through our announce table is no more than Undertaker deserved!

JR: He couldn’t wait until the match started, then.

Heyman: Why should he? Undertaker was already getting involved in a physical confrontation, and Kurt’s not one to be left out. Undertaker should have waited for officials to get the brawl cleared up. He knew he had a match up next!

Kurt Angle v. The Undertaker

With the participants in the big fight cleared out and apparently removed from the building, Angle is able to exert his will early on against Taker, working the big man’s back after Taker kicks out of a couple of early pin attempts. The crowd is red-hot, never having a chance to calm themselves following the HHH/Buh Buh match and the ensuing melee. Chants of “UN-DER-TA-KER!” fill the US Bank Arena as Kurt buries his knee in Undertaker’s back repeatedly. Angle hauls Taker to his feet and shoves him chest-first into the corner, then proceeds to drive his shoulder into the small of Taker’s back several times. Undertaker staggers backward out of the corner…and Kurt tries for an Angle Slam! Taker’s able to slip out the back, and he flattens Angle with a massive lariat! Taker catches his breath in the corner as Angle tries to get his faculties back, and when Kurt charges, Taker is ready with a Big Boot! Taker mounts Angle and begins to throw the soupbones, pounding away on Kurt as he tries to cover up. Kurt tries frantically to squirm out of this position, and manages to snag Taker’s right arm in an armbar! Taker tries to stand up, but Angle yanks him back down by the arm and cinches the armbar tighter! Kurt tries to turn the move into a Fujiwara, but Taker is able to counter into a rollup…1...2...KICKOUT! Free of the armbar, Taker is able to drive a fist into Angle’s gut, then another into his face! Taker grabs an armwringer…and heads up top! Old School connects, and Angle is flat! Taker raises a fist, signaling for the Last Ride, but when he pulls Kurt into position, the Olympian is able to catch him with a double-leg…and he snags an Anklelock! Taker is stuck at center ring, and appears to have no escape…until Chris Benoit’s voice rings out across the arena!

Benoit: Kurt! Hey, Kurt! (Angle looks up and sees Benoit grinning on the Tron.) Look what I got for ya, Kurt! (Benoit waves Angle’s medals teasingly.) I’m backstage, Kurt…you want these back, you’ll have to come get ‘em. (Looks at his watch.) You got one minute, Kurt…better hurry.

Angle drops the Anklelock and rolls out of the ring. He’s halfway up the ramp when Stone Cold Steve Austin’s music hits! Austin comes out bearing a mic and a pissed-off expression.

Austin: Boy, what the hell you think you’re doin’? You got that man beat! You get back there and break his damn ankle! Kurt! KURT!

Angle hustles right past Austin and through the curtain, and all Austin can do is look on as Earl Hebner’s count reaches ten and he calls for the bell!

WINNER by COUNTOUT: The Undertaker

Austin stomps his way to the ring and up the steps. He gets into the ring as Taker is standing again, and he dives at Taker’s leg with a vicious chop block!

JR: Dammit, Austin is scared to death! He wants no part of the Undertaker at Judgment Day!

Heyman: Why bother with him at Judgment Day when he can get a piece of him now? Steve Austin looks far from scared to me, JR. Matter of fact, he’s beating the fear into the Undertaker!

Austin laughs as Undertaker tries to crawl toward the ropes, and he grabs Taker’s ankle to pull him back to center ring. Taker tries to hop to his feet one-legged, and when he gets there, Austin drops the leg…KICK AND STUNNER CONNECT!

JR: Look at this! This is our WWF Champion! This scared, pathetic coward is our WWF Champion! I don’t know about anyone else, but I AM ASHAMED!

“Austin definitely was all over Taker at the end there, but were you afraid of backlash from fans for the dubious endings on those two matches?”

Henry: “A little bit. We don’t often see DQ’s and countouts in the two main matches, but these would come back and help us later on.”

Sowders: “This show was one that really helped us get over with McMahon. When we suggested the DQ and countout, he thought we were nuts. Then we explained where we could go with it, especially as it related to Austin.”

“It seemed that RTC was really starting to run out of gas before May started, then they enjoyed somewhat of a revival. Were you guys big fans of RTC?”

Sowders: “Yeah, once Vince got over the whole neener-neener thing with the PTC Nazis, this was a fairly strong midcard heel group.”

Henry: “And when we added the other guy to the mix as well, it helped freshen him up a bit, just like it had for Val and Goodfather.”

“But, once again, that guy just kinda seemed to show up in storylines around that time.”

Henry: “Hey, it stopped him drifting for a while, didn’t it?”

user posted image

SmackDown Preview

May 17th, 2001

The final stop before Judgment Day brings the WWF to Freedom Hall in Louisville for SmackDown!

The WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin, finally decided to take matters into his own hands and get physical with The Undertaker on Raw.  But their Judgment Day match is still on, so who will Austin demand that Undertaker face this Thursday?  And will the Chairman, Mr. McMahon, even allow another match to go on, knowing that he may have to face Undertaker on Sunday?

Commissioner Regal had to bribe Kurt Angle to face The Undertaker on Monday night by booking Chris Benoit to face the mountainous Albert on Thursday night.  Can the Crippler overcome not only his huge opponent, but the ever-present X-Factor AND the likely presence of a vengeful Kurt Angle?

The final two slots in the Judgment Day Four Corners tag match will be filled when the Dudleyz face Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko and the seven-time tag champs Edge and Christian battle the makeshift team of Chris Jericho and Faarooq.  Each match has its own volatile elements outside the ring, and will Eddie Guerrero and Bradshaw make their presences felt somehow? 

Plus, the Intercontinental Champion Triple H and his wife Stephanie will likely have something to say to Kane, and will Chyna have any explanation for walking out on Lita this past Monday?  Find out at 8/7 Central, only on UPN!

Guest Prototype

Decent show. I think an angle with Raven joining WCW could be very intresting. I kinda hope Rikishi and Haku win the tag tourney.

This is becoming a favourite diary of mine. The slow build of the invasion is better than throwing every top name/midcard WCW star in attacking Austin nad having a brawl between WWF and WCW at the end of every show. The idea of Shane waiting to strike and winding up his father is a one I like although the interaction with Raven did seem a little off as someone mentioned before.

As for staying true to the time I think your pretty much spot on. The Austin/Debra/Taker segment was something I could see happening at the time. And your William Regal is perfect, you have the guy down perfectly.

I'm hoping this continues to develop slowly but manages to keep us interested and we don't just see a plethora of mid match attacks by WCW stars but something more original for the Invasion itself.

Overall a really good diary that I'm really enjoying. Nice job!

I'm really enjoying what you got going on here. I absolutely loved the backstory. I've read InVasion diaries and you by far, have the best one out there.

Have Raven jump ship to wCw and have Rikishi and Haku win the tag titles. Lookin forward to see who's gonna make an impact at the PPV.

Great ish my man!

user posted image

SmackDown--May 17th, 2001

From Freedom Hall, Louisville, Kentucky

Hosted by: Michael Cole and Tazz

Cole: We are just days away from Judgment Day on pay-per-view, and the WWF Champion is running out of time! Welcome to SmackDown, everyone! I’m Michael Cole, joined by Tazz at ringside, and Tazz, what kind of mood do you guess Stone Cold Steve Austin is in right now?

(The glass shatters before Tazz can speak.)

Tazz: Well, looks like we’re gonna find out ourselves, Cole. Usually best to get the answers from the horse’s mouth, you think?

Cole: Well, after that cowardly attack on the Undertaker this past Monday, I’d say Austin is certainly part of a horse…but the mouth isn’t the part I would suggest.

Tazz: Careful, Cole, Commissioner Regal’s already got you on probation, and maybe he wouldn’t like you badmouthin’ the WWF Champion.

Cole: Just calling ‘em as I see ‘em, partner.

(Austin’s in the ring, mic in hand.)

Austin: A-HEM! A-HEM!!

Tazz: What, does he have a hairball?

Austin: If all you Kentucky hillbillies will please shut up and let Stone Cold Steve Austin speak! I am the WWF Champion, and I do not deserve to be disrespected like this! (Boos rain down even harder.) Now, if all you inbred hicks saw me tear up the Undertaker like a wet newspaper on Raw this Monday, gimme a “HELL YEAH!” (More boos.) Yes, that’s right…BOO! Boo, Undertaker, boo! You all SHOULD be booing the Undertaker, you know why? Because you all deserve to see a man put up some kind of fight when another man gets in his face. The Undertaker just laid down and died for me on Raw, and I was damn disappointed! I kicked that sumbitch’s ass eight ways from Sunday, and all he did was take it and say, “Thank you, Mr. Austin, may I have another?” The Undertaker is nothing but a spineless coward!

Cole: He’d just been in a ringside brawl AND a tough match with Kurt Angle! What show was Austin watching?

(“UN-DER-TA-KER” chants start up.)

Austin: Yeah, call his name, people. Get ’im out here so I can kick the stuffing out of him again! Matterofact, I think I’ll chant with ya! UN-DER-TA-KER! UN-DER-TA-KER! (No sign of Undertaker.) Dammit, I’m gettin’ tired and thirsty here, I need a beer. Somebody toss ol’ Stone Cold a beer! And you, Chimel, gimme yer chair! Now, boy! (Beer and chair are produced, and Austin sets up the chair, parking it at center ring. He sits and takes a big drink.) Ah, much better. Now, where was I? Oh, yeah. Undertaker, a couple of weeks ago, you tried to hold up a whole episode of SmackDown, and Vince McMahon came out and put you in yer place. Now, tonight, I’m holdin’ up this episode until I see your ugly mug in MY ring. And I can do it, you know why? ’Cuz I’m the WWF By-God Champion, and if I don’t want the show to go on, then it don’t go on! Now, get out here and fight me, ya yellow-bellied excuse for a man!

(Some music hits, but it ain’t “Rollin’”. The massive bursts of pyro at the front of the stage herald the arrival of the Undertaker’s brother, Kane, instead. Kane stops at the middle of the ramp, mic in hand.)

Austin: What the hell is this? I asked for Tweedle-Dee, not Tweedle-Dum! You don’t want no part of this, Kane!

Kane: I don’t want a part of you, Austin?

Austin: No, you don’t…and neither does your coward brother!

Kane: Funny you mention that…I wanted to come down and tear your head off and roast it on a spit. But I promised I wouldn’t.

Austin: You promised? Heh, that’s funny. Why did you promise you wouldn’t get in my face, Kane?

(The crowd begins to pop.)

Kane: Well, because my “coward brother” wanted to do it himself!

Austin is struck down from behind with a massive forearm belonging to The Undertaker! Taker grounds and pounds, flailing away at Austin with those massive soupbones as Kane looks on from the ramp. Austin finally succeeds in worming his way out of his predicament and sliding out of the ring…but he leaves the WWF Championship belt behind! Austin backs away and hops over the security railing, T-shirt ripped, pointing and yelling at Undertaker. Taker bends down, with some apparent pain from Monday, and picks up the title, holding it over his head as the flashbulbs pop!

Cole: Could this be a prophetic sight, Tazz?

Tazz: Could be, but it could also be a sign of things to come!

Cole: Um…right. Will the Undertaker be holding that title aloft three days from now in Sacramento, California? We’ll have to wait and see! But one thing we won’t have to wait for is the third semi-final match in the Tag Team Tournament, because it’s coming up next! The Dudley Boyz take on the team of Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko! Stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko (w/ Eddie Guerrero and Terri) v. The Dudley Boyz (w/ Spike Dudley)

Fairly ugly match, considering the veteran status of its participants. Saturn sort of goes through the motions, and Malenko is forced to work the majority of the match to fill in. As a result, we have the typical tag formula in reverse, with one of the heels isolated for a long period of time. Terri turns the tide by hopping onto the apron, distracting Tim White and allowing Dean to get in a low blow on D-Von. Malenko tags in Saturn…and he walks right into a flapjack from a quick-to-recover D-Von! Tag to Buh Buh, and he pounds away with right hands all over Saturn’s grill, and even works in a Bionic Elbow. Scoop slam, and Buh Buh points his thumbs to the sky, signaling D-Von up to the top rope. Terri wants to climb in and stop the abuse on Perry, but Eddie wraps his arms around her waist, keeping her from the ring. WAZZZUUUP connects, and Saturn is at least willing to sell it like ritual castration. Malenko charges in, only for Buh Buh to backdrop him to the floor, and a tag is made to D-Von. The Dudleyz wait patiently, stalking Saturn as Guerrero drags Terri further away from the ring. Saturn staggers to his feet…3-D!! Malenko slides into the ring, but can’t shake Spike off his leg, and is forced to watch as D-Von covers Saturn…1...2...3!!

WINNERS: The Dudley Boyz

Cole: We’ve got our third team headed for Judgment Day, and it’s the three-time champions, the Dudley Boyz! I think I’d consider them the favorites going in, wouldn’t you, Tazz?

Tazz: I dunno, Cole, I mean, they beat the Radicalz, and Saturn and Malenko are some tough dudes, but they didn’t have their heads in the game. Eddie Guerrero wasn’t lettin’ Terri get involved, and somethin’s goin’ on there! Then you got the Hardyz, who are four-time champs themselves, and they beat RTC, who’s a lot more unified than the Radicalz right now…and later tonight, the seven-time champs Edge and Christian may get in on this action, too! Too close to call, Cole.

Cole: And don’t forget Mr. McMahon’s attack force of Rikishi and Haku! They’ll be out to defend Stone Cold and Triple H’s titles at all costs! But for now, let’s go backstage, where Lilian Garcia is waiting with Lita and Matt Hardy!

Lilian: Thanks, Michael. Matt, Lita, you two have been really hit hard by Commissioner Regal’s rulings on Raw this past Monday. Lita, you’ve now got to contend with not only the Ninth Wonder of the World, Chyna, but the queen of Right to Censor, Ivory, in a Triple Threat Match for the Women’s title. And Matt, you’ll be forced to wrestle not only in the Four Corners Elimination Match, but you’ll also have to defend your European title against a Right to Censor member whose identity you don’t even know yet. Do you think these decisions were unfair?

Matt: Of course they’re unfair, Lilian, but those are the only kind of decisions Regal makes. We just have to go out and do the best we can do, and maybe by this time next week, we’ll have three titles in Team Xtreme.

Lilian: Lita, what do you have to say to Chyna after she powerbombed you and walked out last Monday, leaving you to get pinned by Trish Stratus in your tag team match?

Lita: I’ll tell you this, Lilian, I was already motivated to win the Women’s title, but Chyna made me even angrier in that match. Whether it’s her or Ivory, somebody’s…

The unmistakable voice of Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley drowns out the rest of Lita’s sentence.

Steph: Blah, blah, blah…oh, it’s so unfair. Oh, let’s all feel sorry for Matt and Lita.

The Billion Dollar Princess steps into frame, accompanied by her husband Triple H.

Steph: Lilian, you wanna hear about unfair? Unfair is me being chased all around the ring by that masked psychopath Kane on Monday night, and him not being banned from the building tonight! My husband has to follow me everywhere to protect my safety, even into the bathroom!

Lita: Well, Stephanie, I’ve heard you’ve followed enough guys into the bathroom in your time…it’s about time someone returned the favor.

HHH looms menacingly over Lita, and Matt places himself between the two.

Matt: Triple H, you may intimidate a lot of people, but I’m not one of them.

Lita: I wasn’t trying to upset you, Triple H…I mean, it’s not your fault your wife’s a slut.

Stephanie tries to get at Lita, but Triple H holds her back.

HHH: Hardy, you’ve got a big mouth sometimes. What’s there to stop me from dragging you out to that ring and kicking your ass yet again…just like I did to your brother when I took this Intercontinental title off him?

Matt: Absolutely nothing…matter of fact, why don’t I meet you down there later?

HHH: Done…and I’ll tear you apart just like I’m gonna do to Kane at Judgment Day. And Lita, you can come too…you’ll love having your head between my legs…right before I Pedigree your ass!

HHH and Stephanie walk away, and Matt and Lita stare intently after them.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Albert (w/ X-Pac and Justin Credible) v. Chris Benoit

All three members of X-Factor get their licks in on Benoit in this match, as Albert keeps maintaining that he’s having problems with his contacts, repeatedly distracting referee Mike Chioda. Albert is thereby able to control the tempo of the match and allows Benoit very little offense…until Chioda finally catches Justin trying to choke Benoit on the ropes, and ejects both Credible and Pac from the ringside area! They don’t go quietly, and Albert tries to plead their case as well, but his arguments are cut short when he’s flipped ass-over-teakettle by a Benoit German Suplex! And another…and a third! Benoit rips open Albert’s tight black T-shirt and shoves him roughly into the corner…and administers an echoing knife-edge chop! And he chops Albert across the chest many times, firing them off in machine-gun fashion before allowing the big man to stumble out of the corner! Benoit scores a drop toehold and attempts to float over into a Crippler Crossface…but quickly hops back to his feet and charges at Kurt Angle, who’s come dashing down the ramp with a steel chair in hand! Angle wisely stays on the outside of the ring, and Benoit even cracks a smug smile and points down his tights, indicating where Angle would need to go to get his medals back. Benoit turns away…and is snagged around the throat by Albert’s massive paws! Benoit’s lifted off his feet for a Baldo Bomb…NO! Benoit wraps his legs around Albert’s head and squeezes!

Cole: What a counter!

Tazz: That’s a triangle choke, Cole! It’s a jiujitsu submission hold, and Albert just went from havin’ this thing won to bein’ in real big trouble real quick!

Albert drops to a knee and releases Benoit’s throat, but Chris refuses to release the hold and continues hanging from Albert’s neck! Finally, the big man is forced to tap out…and here comes Kurt Angle! Angle swings with the chair…but Benoit quickly vacates, and Angle bashes Albert across the back of the head with it! Quickly, Kurt swings again, but Benoit ducks! Chris snags an arm and tries to take Angle down for a Crossface…but Kurt squirms out of that predicament and under the bottom rope to the floor!

WINNER: Chris Benoit

Cole: A huge win for Chris Benoit, considering the numbers he was up against!

Tazz: No doubt, Cole, it was three-on-one early on, then he had Kurt Angle lurkin’ outside, and he still pulled off the win! Big ups to Benoit!

Cole: And if you’re Kurt Angle, aren’t you pretty disappointed about the way things turned out here?

Tazz: I sure would be. He couldn’t get his medals back before Judgment Day, he couldn’t cost Benoit the match, and he nearly got stuck in a Crippler Crossface! This one was a bust for Kurt, totally!

Backstage, Commissioner Regal and Triple H sit with Vince McMahon.

Vince: Has anyone seen Austin since Undertaker and Kane ran him out of the ring?

Regal: No, sir, in fact, I think he may have taken Miss Debra and left.

Vince: And did I hear correctly, that he’s got Haku facing the Undertaker tonight?

Regal: Yes, sir.

Vince: Good. Regal, I want you to go give Rikishi the night off.

Regal: What? Why on earth?

Vince: I don’t need Haku having any extra advantages. He is not to win this match, do you understand me? I’ll be damned if I’m facing the Undertaker at Judgment Day.

HHH: I don’t think Austin has any qualms about throwing you to the wolves, Vince.

Vince: I know he doesn’t. The selfish bastard is protecting his own ass at all costs. That’s why I had Benoit tease Angle with those stupid gold medals on Raw.

HHH: Wait…Benoit playing cat-and-mouse with Angle was your idea?

Vince: Absolutely. Benoit was a little reluctant to listen to me at first, but he was all for the idea of sticking it to Angle like that. And the look on Austin’s face when Angle went running right past him…that was priceless.

HHH and Regal laugh, but the merriment is interrupted by a knock at the door.

Vince: Regal, go see who that is.

Regal heads for the door, and comes back a few seconds later with an envelope.

Regal: Certified letter for you, Mr. McMahon.

Vince: Thank you, William. (Opens letter.) What the hell? (Vince turns the letter around, revealing it to be on WCW letterhead.) He’s spent his money to get letterhead for a dead company? My son is a moron. (Reading.) “Dear Dad, hope your show’s going well…because it’s the last one that will for a while. I’ve changed my mind about this Sunday, and I will see you at Judgment Day. Whether or not you see me, that’s another story. All due disrespect, Shane. P.S. Tell Triple H he can thank me for the surprise later.”

HHH: What the…? What surprise?

Vince: I wouldn’t worry, Hunter…sounds like Shane blowing smoke.

HHH: Vince, I’ve got a Street Fight with Kane in three days…I don’t need surprises.

Vince: There won’t be any. William, tell security to be on guard tonight. Anyone who looks out of place, make sure they’re ejected before Triple H’s match. Got it?

Regal: Yes, sir.

Regal and Triple H leave, and Vince sits back in his chair.

Vince: Shane, you just don’t know when to quit, do you?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back from commercial, and we see Chris Jericho lacing up his boots. As he finishes, we see a pair of black cowboy boots standing next to him. Jericho rises…and comes face-to-face with Bradshaw.

Bradshaw: Havin’ fun pretending to be me, Jericho?

Jericho: Pretending to be you? Bradshaw, I got news for you…I don’t wear cowboy boots, drink beer a case at a time, listen to country music, or engage in unnatural acts with livestock. So how could I possibly be pretending to be you?

Bradshaw: You’re out there teaming with my partner, son. And you two ain’t comin’ anywhere near those Tag Team titles.

Jericho: And you know this how?

Bradshaw: You ain’t half the man I am, and I’m the man who’s been carryin’ the team for years.

Jericho: What the hell does that mean?

Bradshaw: Faarooq’s old broken-down ass needs somebody who can carry the match, and for three years, that’s been me. Me and him have been the champions before, but he ain’t gonna do it again with a runt like you.

Jericho: Why, because he’s not good enough?

Bradshaw: No, and neither are you.

Jericho: Well, why don’t you tell him he’s not good enough to his face?

Bradshaw: What are you, stupid? Then I won’t have nobody to play cards with.

A voice comes from off-camera.

???: Looks like you gonna be playin’ solitaire for a long time, then.

Bradshaw whirls, and the camera shows Faarooq leaning in the doorway.

Faarooq: You carried me for three years, huh? I ain’t good enough, huh?

Bradshaw: How long you been standin’ there, man?

Faarooq: Long enough. You know, I done a lot in this business that you ain’t never done, Bradshaw. I’ve headlined pay-per-views, I been a WCW Tag Team Champion…a WWF Tag Team Champion…hell, I been a WCW World Champion. You ain’t done none o’ that. And you tryin’ to say I ain’t good enough?

Bradshaw: Look, I didn’t mean--

Faarooq: No, I know what you meant. And Chris Jericho’s a tough SOB, just like me…and he’s a damn sight tougher than yo’ ass. Me and him, we gonna go out there and beat the hell out of one o’ the best tag teams ever, Edge and Christian. And I don’t wanna see you nowhere near that ring, you hear me?

Bradshaw simply nods.

Faarooq: Good. Now my broke-down ass and my Canadian midget here got a title shot to win.

Faarooq turns and stomps out, and Jericho follows close behind.

Cole: Bradshaw stuck his foot in his mouth that time, didn’t he?

Tazz: Yeah, and I’m glad Faarooq put him in his place, Cole. I still owe Bradshaw a couple of cheap shots from Sunday.

Edge and Christian (w/ Rhyno) v. Faarooq and Chris Jericho

Faarooq and Jericho come out highly motivated, laying into Edge and Christian before Jim Corderas can even call for the bell. Even Rhyno takes a big lariat from Faarooq when he hops on the apron. Faarooq and Edge start things off proper and trade momentum back and forth. Both men are down after Edge ducks a Faarooq clothesline and scores with a neckbreaker, and the dramatic crawl is on! Hot tag Jericho and hot tag Christian, and those two meet at center ring trading shots until Christian tries to Irish whip Jericho toward a corner. Jericho hops on the second buckle and lands a high cross body that puts Christian in a pinning predicament…1...2...SHOULDER UP! Both men up, and they partake in a brief crisscross at center ring, then they try to outduel each other on a hiptoss. They dance around the ring for a moment until Christian thumbs Jericho in the eye…and flips him right over the top rope! Y2J tumbles to the floor, and Christian threatens to head out after him, which draws Corderas in to intercept. While Corderas is busy, Rhyno begins stalking the staggering Jericho. Chris turns…and dives out of the way of the charging Rhyno, sending him headfirst into the ring steps!

Tazz: My God, Cole! Was that some impact, or what?

Cole: I’ll say! I think Rhyno’s face is imprinted on those steps!

Christian is able to lure Faarooq into the ring, and Edge hops down to go after Jericho…only for Chris to come up swinging! Edge gets shoved into a ringpost, and here comes Y2J back into the ring. He catches Christian from behind with a bulldog, and the crowd starts to buzz in anticipation of the Lionsault. Jericho bounds off the ropes, but Christian is able to roll out of the way…so Jericho lands on his feet and dives to tag in Faarooq instead! Faarooq instantly goes medieval on Christian, pounding away with right hands and backing him up to center ring. Manhattan Drop and lariat put Christian flat on his back, and now the crowd starts to stomp for Faarooq. Edge rolls into the ring, and Corderas goes to head him off…once again allowing E&C to bend the rules, this time in the form of a kneeling Christian delivering a low blow to Faarooq! Faarooq turns away, holding himself in agony, as Edge shoves aside Corderas and charges for a Spear…NO! Faarooq drops to the mat as Edge leaps for the Spear, and Christian is the one there to take the bullet! Edge is aghast at what he’s done, and he doesn’t see Jericho hustling into the ring! Jericho grabs Edge by the tights and bundles him over the top rope as Faarooq yanks Christian roughly to his feet. Over the shoulder he goes…DOMINATOR!! Cover…1...2...3!!

WINNERS: Faarooq and Chris Jericho

Cole: Wow! Tazz, I’d call this one an upset! Two guys who have never teamed together before, and they’ve just beaten the seven-time Tag Team Champions!

Tazz: Big win, no doubt! Faarooq just proved a big point to his normal partner Bradshaw! He IS good enough, Jericho IS a tough SOB, and the two of them ARE going to Judgment Day! Congrats to Y2J and Faarooq!

Cole: And coming up next, we’ve got a match that could have huge implications regarding Judgment Day, as two men with stiff challenges this Sunday go head-to-head! Matt Hardy’s facing two matches on Sunday and Triple H has a Street Fight with a seven-foot monster, but they’re gonna go at it tonight one-on-one! Don’t go away!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Non-title Match:

Intercontinental Champion Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) v. European Champion Matt Hardy (w/ Lita)

The crowd is adequately warmed up from the prior tag match, and stays into this one from the beginning. Triple H dispenses with the usual formalities, actually carrying a sledge to the ring with him this time. Matt and Lita, already in the ring, trade uneasy looks, but not to worry, Earl Hebner’s right on top of things, demanding that HHH hand over the hammer before he enters. The sledge finds its way to the timekeeper’s table, and while Earl’s handing it over to be put there, HHH gets an early start, pounding the fists into the skull of Matt Hardy. Hunter’s offense is high-impact and brutal, with lots of stomps when Hardy’s prone on the mat, punches and clotheslines when he’s standing, and chokes whenever he feels like it. In a dominant position, Triple H decides to toy with Matt a bit and props him up in the corner, where he can talk trash eye-to-eye. And Matt takes the opportunity to begin fighting back, head-butting HHH right across the nose, which backs him up from the corner. A bulldog puts both men on the mat, and Lita begins to pound the mat, firing up the crowd, who chant loudly for Hardy. Triple H is up while Matt is still on his knees, but Matt fires a pair of right hands into HHH’s breadbasket. Quick inside cradle…1...2...KICKOUT! Now Stephanie’s on the apron, yelling at Hebner…until Lita comes over and yanks her off, dropping her face-first into the apron! Lita fires off some mediocre right hands, and here comes Triple H to defend his wife. Lita takes off running, and Hunter chases after her. Hebner heads to the floor, trying to get HHH back in the ring to continue the bout…and Hunter runs right over him trying to get to Lita! Earl clatters into the ring steps, and he’s flat on the floor! Hunter finally gets a handful of Lita’s hair, and he’s muttering all sorts of unspeakable threats…until both he and Lita are flattened by the flying form of Matt Hardy! Matt doesn’t waste time checking on Lita, instead grabbing HHH immediately and shoving him back into the ring. Out of nowhere, here comes Stephanie to clamp herself to Matt’s leg! By the time he can shake her off and enter the ring, Triple H is waiting…to score a low blow!

Cole: That was despicable! The referee’s down, can’t see a thing!

Tazz: Stephanie did her job, Cole! She bought her man a little time to get his brains unscrambled!

Cole: And now he’s got Matt right where he wants him…PEDIGREE CONNECTS!

Tazz: Still no ref, though, Cole! This thing ain’t over…what the hell?

A tall form comes out of the crowd behind the timekeeper’s table, grabbing HHH’s sledgehammer as he goes…and as he enters the ring, the camera catches a good look at his face…it’s TEST! Stephanie sees him and yells to Hunter…but she’s a second late, as Triple H turns just in time to catch his own sledge right between the eyes! Test slaps Matt around a bit in an attempt to rouse him, and Stephanie tries to hop into the ring…then she thinks better of it when Test glares right at her! Matt begins to stir, and Test heads outside to attend to the also-stirring Earl Hebner. Test rolls Earl back into the ring as Matt drags the bleeding HHH to his feet…Twist of Fate connects! Cover…1...2...3!!

WINNER: Matt Hardy

Cole: Triple H thought he totally ended Test’s career a couple of weeks ago! And now Test has cost him a match right before Judgment Day! Tazz, I’m stunned!

Tazz: Me, too…hell, last time we saw Test, he was flat on a stretcher! But he still isn’t staying out of Triple H’s business, is he?

Cole: Not in the least…looks like he wants to add some insult to injury here…Pumphandle Slam!

Tazz: Yeah, not much time to celebrate, though…here comes security!

Test hustles out the same way he came in, through the crowd, as we go to a…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Backstage, Test is on the hop, heading straight for the exit…but when he gets there, he’s met by three security guards and Commissioner Regal!

Regal: You miserable little specimen! Have you any idea what you’ve just done?

Test: Yeah, I know exactly what I’ve done…I’ve kicked Triple H’s ass!

Regal: And have you stopped to ponder the consequences of your actions? There are severe ramifications for not only your actions here tonight, but because of who sent you to commit them!

Test: Nobody sent me, Regal…

Regal: You think I believe that, sunshine? Shane McMahon sent his father a letter earlier tonight, and it promised a surprise for Triple Haitch! Now you show up out of nowhere! If that’s a coincidence, then I’m the bloody Prime Minister!

Test: Shane didn’t…

Regal: SILENCE! Now, I see that I need to keep an eye on you, so you’ll be accompanying these three security officers out of the building. They will hand you over to the police, and you will be spending the rest of this evening in prison! However, you will be in Sacramento this Sunday, because I’m giving you a match at Judgment Day! You’ll be facing, in a Hardcore Rules match…the Hardcore Champion, Rhyno, as well as his compatriots, Edge and Christian!

Test: Wait…you’re giving me a title shot? Not much of a punishment, Regal.

Regal: Oh, but considering your opponents…the Hardcore Championship is the least of your priorities, boy. Survival should be first and foremost…and I don’t like your odds. Get him out of here!

The security guys drag Test off, and we quickly cut to Jonathan Coachman.

Coach: I’m standing by with one of the hottest Divas in the WWF…and she’s been winning some matches lately, too. The one and only Trish Stratus, and Trish, I gotta ask you…are you a little disappointed that you got passed by for the title match at Judgment Day?

Trish: A little bit…but the Commissioner did what he had to do to shut Steven Richards and Ivory up, so I understand why she’s in the match. But I also understand this, Coach…not only did I pin Ivory this past Sunday on Heat, but I also pinned the number one contender, Lita, this past Monday on Raw. I’d say that no matter who wins this match on Sunday, that makes me the new number one contender, don’t ya think?

Coach: You may just be right, Trish, and…

Coach trails off, and Trish and the camera turn to see why. It’s Chyna, looming menacingly over the shorter Trish.

Chyna: Trish, Trish, Trish…didn’t you learn anything from our match a few weeks ago? You can’t compete with me. None of the women here can. I’m just beginning a reign that’s going to reach levels that the Fabulous Moolah never even dreamed of. And there’s nothing you…or Lita…or Ivory can do about it.

Trish tries to throw a right hand, but it’s easily blocked by Chyna and countered with a clothesline! Trish is on the floor, holding her head, and Chyna decides to add some insult, ripping Trish’s skin-tight white T-shirt right off of her! Coach tries to come to Trish’s aid, and takes a clothesline of his own for his trouble! Trish tries to crawl away, but she’s grabbed around the waistband of her leather pants…and she finally escapes, but not without squirming right out of her pants! The camera stays on Chyna, who grins sadistically at Trish’s humiliation.

Cole: This woman is absolutely sick! There was no call for that!

Tazz: Yeah, but she proved a point, Cole…there ain’t too many women who can hang with Chyna, let’s be honest here!

Cole: Well, we’ll see how she handles herself against two of the best, Lita and Ivory, this Sunday at Judgment Day! I’d even be happy if Ivory took the title right now, and that’s saying something!

Tazz: Wow, you really are upset.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Haku v. The Undertaker

DEAD MAN WALKIN’…and as “Rollin’” kicks off, The Undertaker’s bike engine threatens to drown out Fred Durst completely. Taker barrels to the ring on a scarlet bike with spider web designs on its wheel rims, and the crowd eats it up. Plus, the WWF title is displayed across the handlebars. Taker dismounts and walks toward the ring with a slight limp, still showing effects of the Anklelock. In the ring, Taker demands Tony Chimel’s mic.

Taker: Well, Austin…last chance. You’re dyin’ to get outta this match on Sunday, but you know it’s not gonna happen. I didn’t sweat Kurt Angle, and I damn sure don’t sweat Haku. So, come on, Afroman, get your hairy ass out here and let me make ya famous.

Haku wastes no time, stomping out from the back before Taker even throws the mic down. Taker removes his long black duster, and reveals a back brace from Kurt Angle’s work on Monday. Haku slides in, and the brawl is on! The two men trade shots until Haku scores with a throat thrust and hefts Undertaker up for a backbreaker! From here, Haku has a clear target in mind, and he focuses closely on Taker’s back, even locking in a bow-and-arrow at one point. The island savage allows himself a brief moment of celebration, and that costs him dearly, as Undertaker is ready with a flurry of fists. He grabs an armwringer…and it’s time to go Old School! Haku is down, and Taker raises his fist, signaling that the end is near…suddenly, the sound of glass shattering fills Freedom Hall!

Cole: Wait, what’s Steve Austin doing out here? He knows he can’t get involved!

Tazz: Looks like one last try to throw Undertaker off his game, Cole. He knows Haku’s in a bad way, and maybe he thinks he can distract the Deadman!

Taker glances at Austin, who stomps down the ramp and yanks his title off Taker's bike, and even pauses to give him the ol’ California Howdy (aka The Bird), but it doesn’t interrupt…THE LAST RIDE! Haku gets completely planted at the center of the ring, and Taker covers…1...2...3!!

WINNER: The Undertaker

Cole: Stone Cold’s plan didn’t work, Tazz! Now he’s locked in to facing Big Evil at Judgment Day, and he can’t even get disqualified!

Tazz: That’s right, Cole, and the Deadman’s on one helluva roll going in, too! He took everything the Rattlesnake could throw at him…but I wonder what kinda shape he’s really in after the match with Kurt Angle this week. I dunno, Taker’s been winnin’ some matches, but he’s not gonna be 100%, and that’s a bad way to be when you face Stone Cold!

Cole: Stone Cold and the Undertaker stare each other down, and these two men are gonna put each other through hell this Sunday at Judgment Day! Call your local cable company! Good night, everyone!

“So going into what they eventually called the first pay-per-view of the Invasion era, what did you think you did right?”

Henry: “Well, it seems like we did do a solid job of getting Austin over as a paranoid lunatic, and the Undertaker really seemed like Austin’s personal Angel of Death.”

Sowders: “Me, personally, I liked the tag tournament. Best thing we could come up with to give some kinda focus to the tag division while Austin and Triple H were busy with singles feuds.”

“What did you not do so well?”

Henry: “Kane and Triple H, definitely.”

Sowders: “Hell, with all the time we devoted to Austin and Undertaker, Kane and Triple H were just sorta…there. Not a good way to hype a Street Fight.”

“Now, personally, I thought putting Edge and Christian in the Hardcore title match was pretty inspired. What did you guys think of it when all was said and done?”

Henry: “It opened a nice can of worms later, but for the moment, we needed a way to put Test under the gun. With Big Show out, we had to find a fallback. And those four produced a pretty solid match.”

Sowders: “Test fought hard, but, man, those were some odds.”

“Were you guys in Creative ready to get the Invasion truly started?”

Sowders: “Sort of…I mean, we were anxious to see how some of the angles were gonna play out, but at this time, we still didn’t have much of the top talent in place.”

Henry: “We were still getting out on our off days and trying to get guys on board. As far as we personally were concerned, the days where we were planning on guys showing up were getting close real fast.”

“Made for some long days, eh?”

Henry: “Shit, you try flying from Louisville to Tampa to Sacramento, and in between, trying to hire a guy who wanted to hold the whole fucking company over a barrel.”

Sowders: “We had to stay in Tampa for a night and get shitfaced after that one.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here it is...the first PPV. Take your picks, and let's see who knows where I'm going here.

WWF Championship Match:

Stone Cold Steve Austin © v. The Undertaker

--If Austin is disqualified, he loses the title.

Intercontinental Championship Street Fight:

Triple H © v. Kane

Ladder Match for Kurt Angle's gold medals:

Kurt Angle v. Chris Benoit

Four Corners Elimination Tag Team #1 Contender's Match:

The Hardy Boyz v. The Dudley Boyz v. Rikishi and Haku v. Chris Jericho and Faarooq

--For bonuses, call the order of elimination. 1 point each.

European Championship Match:

Matt Hardy © v. Val Venis OR The Goodfather

--BONUS: Who is the correct challenger?

Hardcore Championship Fatal Four-Way Match:

Rhyno © v. Test v. Edge v. Christian

--BONUS: Who gets pinned?

Women's Championship Triple Threat Match:

Chyna © v. Lita v. Ivory

--BONUS: Who loses the fall here?

Light Heavyweight Championship Match:

Jerry Lynn © v. Spike Dudley

BONUS QUESTIONS:

1) One of these matches will have some VERY mysterious interference. Which one?

2) Which match will get the WORST EWR crowd reaction score?

3) Which match will get the BEST EWR overall score?

Seventeen points here, plus the 11 from the tournament. Here's the guys with points already:

Venom--3

simon522109--2

The Future--3

Tristan Kancer--3

wwefan14--2

So these guys aren't exactly off to a flying start. As I said before, top two get to pick THREE guys each to enter King of the Ring. Much luck to all.

WWF Championship Match:

I Just don't think you're going to give the title to Undertaker yet. Unless of course Austin's paranoia comes true here but I don't think so yet.

Triple H © v. Kane

Not a lot of build up which kind of kills it if the title changes hands. I think that maybe it will be built for next ppv which leaves it at Triple H retaining.

Again, fued not quite over so I think Benoit wins by cheating somehow and keeping the medals.

The Hardy Boyz v. The Dudley Boyz v. Rikishi and Haku v. Chris Jericho and Faarooq

1. Rikishi and Haku

2. Hardy Boys

3. Dudley Boyz

Val Venis after interference from every member of RTC

Edge gets pinned

Chyna © v. Lita v. Ivory

Lita is pinned

BONUS QUESTIONS:

Gonna go with an odd choice and say the hardcore title match.

Light Heavyweight Title Match

Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle

WWF Championship Match:

Triple H © v. Kane

1) Rikishi and Haku

2) Hardys

3) Dudleys

--BONUS: Val Venis

--BONUS: Christian

Chyna © v. Lita v. Ivory

--BONUS: Chyna

BONUS QUESTIONS:

Triple H/Kane

Light Heavyweight Title match

Angle/Benoit, Ladder Match

WWF Championship Match:

If you give the title to Taker now then Austin has to stop being a cowardly heel and make some sort of attempt to get it back. I think it stays with Austin and when he does drop it it won't be to 'Taker.

Triple H © v. Kane

There hasn't been enough Kane/HHH hype for a title change to not ruin the belt. I say it stays with HHH and they lose the tag belts later down the line leaving them both as singles champs for a while.

Angles been getting the run around now. He'll steal a win, grab the medals and run.

Bradshaw will cost Jericho and Farooq. Hardys go on to face the champs.

Eliminations: #1 Rikishi & Haku #2 Dudleys #3 Farooq and Y2J

--BONUS: Who is the correct challenger? Goodfather and he wins so the Hardys can go on for the tag titles.

--BONUS: Who gets pinned? Test

Christian will pin Test after some confusion to set up a 3 way unstable alliancey thing.

Chyna © v. Lita v. Ivory

--BONUS: Who loses the fall here?Lita

This way Chyna gets distracted by say Steven Richards and Ivory pins Lita. Ivorys champ and Chyna says she was never pinned.

Push for MR. JL. A Big push.

BONUS QUESTIONS:

1) One of these matches will have some VERY mysterious interference. Which one? Austin/Taker.

2) Which match will get the WORST EWR crowd reaction score? Womens Title.

3) Which match will get the BEST EWR overall score? Its between Angle/Benoit for the technical and Austin/Taker for overness/brawling in my opinion....I say Austin/Taker.

WWF Championship Match:

Triple H © v. Kane

1. Kish and Haku

2. Hardy Boyz

3. Dudleys

Val Venis

Christian

Chyna © v. Lita v. Ivory

Ivory

BONUS QUESTIONS:

Hardcore Title Match

Jerry Lynn vs. Spike

Austin/Taker

Guest Prototype

Smackdown was good, especially since it came from my hometown!

WWF Championship Match:

Triple H © v. Kane

1st- Hardyz

2nd- Rikishi and Haku

3rd-Dudleys

--BONUS: Who is the correct challenger? Val

--BONUS: Who gets pinned? Test

Chyna © v. Lita v. Ivory

--BONUS: Who loses the fall here? Chyna

BONUS QUESTIONS:

1) One of these matches will have some VERY mysterious interference. Which one? Hardcore Title Match

2) Which match will get the WORST EWR crowd reaction score? Womens Title

3) Which match will get the BEST EWR overall score? Taker vs Austin