My first graphic using Photoshop...

Guest solidsnake

Guest solidsnake

ajsig.jpg

Ok thats my first attempt at a graphic using Photoshop. I haven't yet figured out how to put a pixel border on it and stuff cause it's a bit more complex than Paint shop Pro. If anyone knows of any good tutorial sites then I would be very grateful...

Well /10 plz...

Laterz...

its pretty good for a first in fact I don't see anything wrogn with it except it needs a border.

there's several ways to make borders in ps the way I do it is to make a new layer above your other ones , hit CTRL + A on your keyboard and then go to edit - stroke and choose the color and size.

a good tutorial site is good-tutorials.com

For a first graphic it's very nice. Main text might need to be cleaned up a touch, but it's not terrible or anything. The blending on AJ makes him look a tad weird, maybe you could instead try going to colour balance and turning him a bit blue to match with the background.

Overall though very very nice for a first try, not much really wrong with it. Check the sticky thread at the top of this forum for a tonne of tutorial sites and stuff, the site Doc mentioned is very good though.

Guest solidsnake

its pretty good for a first in fact I don't see anything wrogn with it except it needs a border.

there's several ways to make borders in ps  the way I do it is to make a new layer above your other ones , hit CTRL + A on your keyboard and  then go to edit - stroke and choose the color and size.

a good tutorial site is good-tutorials.com

Edited by solidsnake

Guest Greeno

Not bad for a first try. I'd give it about... 6.5/10.

The font effects are good, and I think the font you used matches AJ's style well. Try looking for good patterns and brushes to use, too. I would suggest a tutorial site, but I don't use just one. I always try to search Google.

However... this site has really good PS tutorials.

Your background reminds me of some of the ones I did several months after I first started, which means that since that was your first you're starting way ahead from where I did. The blending of the cut is nice, though a bit awkward given the textures within the background, and I do like the font used (Just not the font effects or the strong glow. Mess around with it a little in your Layer Effects option, fade it or make it darker...I'm sure that'd look good, and don't use too much bevel. If you find yourself needing to use it...soften it. Alot. Oh, and for the blue outline around the main text...kill that too, or atleast make it darker and harder to see, which would make the font stand out a bit more.)

Typically, I'd suggest a black border with such a graphic, but white works fine too.