Cena's Album #15

JoeMimic

WWE® Champion John Cena Debuts at #15 on Billboard's Top 200

Wrestler's Debut Release 'YOU CAN'T SEE ME' Sells More Than 43,000 Albums in First Week

Wednesday May 18, 8:00 am ET

LOS ANGELES, May 18 /PRNewswire/ -- World Wrestling Entertainment® champion and rapper John Cena delivers a different kind of "smackdown" this week. YOU CAN'T SEE ME, his debut album, enters Billboard's Top 200 this week at number 15 after selling 43,000 units in its first week.

Recorded in 2004 at Chaos and Order Basscamp Studios during Cena's rare breaks from the ring, YOU CAN'T SEE ME features 17 original tracks. Paying tribute to the classic two-man rhyming crews of the past, Cena and Tha Trademarc (Marc Predka) nimbly trade verses throughout the album. "You almost never hear a rap crew today working like EPMD or 3rd Bass," says Cena. "I wanted to bring that style back a little and get away from one MC up there doing his thing. Working this way let us attack a song from different directions and create a more dynamic flow."

The album's first single, "Bad, Bad Man," is backed by Chaos' insistent beat and respected rap legend Freddie Foxx (aka Bumpy Knuckles), who created the song's chest-pounding chorus. The new video for "Bad, Bad Man" parodies the classic A-Team television show, features modern special effects and stars: John Cena as Col. John "Hannibal" Smith, Bumpy Knuckles as Sgt. Bosco Albert "B.A." Baracus, Tha Trademarc as Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock, also a cameo with Different Strokes star Gary Coleman.

side note: Cena will be signing copies of his CD at HMV on Yonge Street in Toronto on 5/27 at 6pm, with the first 400 fans guaranteed an autograph. Big Show will be at the HMV in the West Edmonton Mall on 5/30 at 6pm for an autograph session.