WWE: The '05 Draft And Beyond

Guest ADDavis

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

SmackDown Preview For June 17th (via WWE.Com)

This week on SmackDown, we'll see the second draft pick from Raw to come over from SmackDown! Last week, Ric Flair made a big splash by being the first draft pick and won the United States Title from Orlando Jordan! Will the next draft pick make waves on SmackDown as well?

Speaking of Flair, the legendary 16 Time World Champion and the current US champion will defend his title against another one of JBL's cabinet members, Doug Basham!

And of course, the big main event will feature number one contender Booker T putting his shot at John Cena's WWE Title on the line against fierce rival, Kurt Angle! Will Booker T avenge his wife Sharmell after the mind games she was put through? Or will Kurt Angle have trumped the former WCW champion once and for all? Find out on SmackDown!

Other matches on the show will include Eddie Guerrero facing Cruiserweight champion Paul London in a non title match, and Carlito will be in action against Heidenreich! Tune in this Friday night!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ADDavis

I'll work on getting the next SD up for tommorow, but in the meantime, I'd love some feedback on the last couple of shows...any thoughts on the booking, the style, whatever... anything is appreciated! I'd like to see your thoughts.

I starting to like your version of the draft.

RVD back on RAW & teaming back up with Kane is really good thing. Also, having Haas back with Benjamin...The World's Greatest Tag Team back together.

Ric Flair going to SmackDown is very good, because it will show if Triple H can survive on his own, but Flair winning the U.S. Title is ok. Getting the strap off of Jordan is a great move, but I don't think having Flair holding it is very good. I think after a while, Flair should go for the WWE Title, but not the U.S. Championship. Other than that, this dairy is the one to watch.

Guest ADDavis

I know...I know! SmackDown is finally here...plus, directly after the show, we'll have an update on a newly injured Raw superstar! Believe me folks, this is a HUGE hit to the Raw locker room...

First though, its time for SmackDown!

user posted image

WWE SmackDown!

Live from Hershey, PA!

June 17th, 2005

SmackDown’s Second Draft Pick!

SmackDown opened up with GM Theodore Long in the ring, ready to make some big announcements!

Theodore Long: Its time to holla at ya, fans! We have a huge edition of SmackDown tonight, and I’ve got some major announcements to make before I reveal SmackDown’s second draft choice! First, I’m officially making an announcement that involves everyone on the SmackDown roster! See, Raw has its big money-match at Vengeance, the Hell In A Cell bout. While I can’t take that idea from Eric Bischoff, I can do even better... I can announce that at the Great American Bash, eight SmackDown superstars will compete in a monumental tournament that will crown a new number one contender! For the first time ever, Great American Bash will be the setting for the Great American Tournament, which is not just any big tournament...no, you see, it is the first tournament that will get progressively harder! The first round will be simple...four singles matches. The four best men will move on to the semi finals, where things begin to pick up...for the next two matches are no-DQ, no countout, bonafide street fight matches! Once we narrow it down to the final two, these competitors will square off in a ladder match with the contract for a match against the WWE Champion at SummerSlam suspended high above the ring! This will be the most coveted prize in SmackDown history, and it all begins tonight when we have our first two qualifying matches!

Tazz: Cole! Ya hear that? We’ve got a Great American Tournament!

Michael Cole: This will be a great opportunity for a SmackDown star to prove that they’re deserving of a big match at SummerSlam!

Theodore Long: Now, onto the current number one contender situation. Tonight, as you may well know, Booker T and Kurt Angle will face off with Booker T’s number one contendership on the line. The winner of this bout will face WWE Champion John Cena at The Great American Bash for the WWE Title! Now, the feud between Angle and Booker has been fierce! In fact, it is so heated that I don’t feel any regular referee can contain the action that will take place here tonight. I want someone who knows how to call the match down the middle, and keep control, and I want it to be someone completely unbiased...I don’t know if I could even trust anyone on the SmackDown roster! So, when I thought of all the options, I realized that there is one man who has the experience and who knows a thing or two about being a referee. In fact, this man happens to be the man I drafted from Raw! That’s right...without further ado, ladies and gentlemen... the Second Draft pick for SmackDown is... The Heart Break Kid SHAWN MICHAELS!

The crowd goes wild as the classic music hits the PA and HBK himself appears with a referee’s shirt on!

---SECOND DRAFT CHOICE (SMACKDOWN) : Shawn Michaels ---

Tazz: Yo Cole! I can’t believe it!!! Shawn Michaels is on SmackDown!

Michael Cole: And he’s going to be the special guest referee tonight in the Booker T/ Kurt Angle match! I can almost guarantee that Angle is going wild over this announcement!

(77% Overall)

(Theodore Long gained overness, while Shawn Michaels lost overness)

ANALYSIS: I’m still trying to figure out how HBK lost overness. Maybe it was because this is the thousandth time he’s been announced as a special guest referee? Who knows.

US TITLE: Ric Flair vs. Doug Basham

Whoooooo! Ric Flair’s first US title defense was going to be against another member of JBL’s cabinet, Doug Basham! JBL came down to ringside to join Tazz and Cole on Commentary, and throughout the match, he spoke highly of Flair – but said he made a great mistake in coming to SmackDown. The match itself was solid and the crowd was hot for the Nature Boy. Basham tried to outmatch the Dirtiest Player In The Game, but Basham clearly wasn’t able to outsmart Flair, who used his technical skill to lure Basham down on the mat and in position for the Figure Four! Flair locked it in and Basham tapped! Just as Flair began to celebrate, JBL threw his headset down and slid into the ring, attacking Flair! Danny Basham joined him, and the Bashams helped JBL ‘welcome’ Flair to SmackDown! How did the welcome party end for Flair? With JBL busting Flair open by wrapping his belt around his fist and repeatedly punching Flair in the face! JBL and his cabinet then left, as JBL laughed at the bloody Nature Boy!

WINNER: Ric Flair via Submission

(78 Overall – 82 Crowd, 70 Match)

(The US Title Gained Prestige!)

ANALYSIS: Great opener, showing that Flair still knows how to work a solid match. Some might criticize Flair’s US Title reign, but there are good reasons for Flair holding onto the title for now...

Pre Match Rant With Carlito!

We go to the back where Carlito is standing by with his ‘enforcer’, Matt Morgan.

Carlito: So, Carlito’s got a chance to qualify for the Great American Tournament tonight? Now that is cool. Let me tell yooooou sometheen’... it is Carlito’s time to shine in the WWE. The Big Show? He found out how cool Carlito really is! But he still wants to mess with me and my friend Matt. You hear that Matt? He’s messing with you. He’s calling you things behind your back...he’s telling you that you’re a l-l-l-l-loser!!! What do you say to that, mang? What do you have to say to the Big Show???

Matt Morgan: BIG SHOW! I want to c-c-c-c-c—

Carlito: C’mon mang, get it out...

Matt Morgan: ...CHALLENGE... you to a match at the Great American B-B-B-B-BASH!

Carlito: You’re challenging the Big Show? Are you sure about that, mang?

Matt Morgan: I’m p-p-p-p-positive!

Carlito: Now that... that is cool. C’mon...lets go win this match.

(80% Overall)

ANALYSIS: I did this as a Carlito interview, which is why its high. Carlito can easily get over if he gets mic time like this every week.

Great American Qualifyer: Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Heidenreich

Heidenreich continued his quest to find more friends, and Carlito told him before the match that being his friend would be ‘cool’. But as Heidenreich extended his hand for a handshake, Carlito grabbed him and kicked him in the gut, taking the wind out of Heidenreich! The match began and Carlito tried using as many legal cheap shots as he could to keep Heidenreich off his feet, but the big man didn’t take long to revive himself and he soon turned the tides on Carlito! He threw his big man offense on Carlito while also mixing in some ground-and-pound offense, but Carlito begged off and dodged a charge from Heidenreich that ended up hitting the ref instead! As soon as the ref went down, Matt Morgan came down to the ring and hit the F5 on Heidenreich, leading to Carlito rolling over and reviving the ref in time to get the pinfall victory! Thus, Carlito is entered into the Great American Tournament!

WINNER: Carlito via Pinfall

(70 Overall – 72 Crowd, 66 Match)

ANALYSIS: Just an average match. Nothing more.

The Champ Speaks!

We came back from the break and out came the WWE Champ, John Cena, to a thunderously large ovation! He had a huge smile on his face as he held the title up for the fans to see, and soon he made his way down to the ring for a quick interview.

John Cena: Yo yo yo yo... THE CHAMP IS HERE! And I got a little freestyle for the chain gang tonight. Peep this.

Ain’t it a bitch to see John Cena on top?

I’m lighting Billboards on fire, and I ain’t ever gonna stop!

Everybody wants a piece of the champ, oh its true, its true!

From Booker T to Angle, even Cena’s Little Bitch Christian wants me too!

I’m takin’ all comers, just be careful; watch ya’ step.

Just like a Michael Jackson scandal, I’ll be bustin’ up your rep!

I’ll turn your three “I’s” into three “B’s” – Battered, Bruised, and Beaten

Can you dig that sucka? Cause its your ass I’ll be defeatin’.

So tonight, I find out who I’m facing at the next Pee-Pee-Vee

Will I shine my shoes with Angle’s head, or mop the floor with Booker T’s?

I hope you guys like layin’ out and lookin’ at the ceiling,

After the F-U strikes, I’ll still be champ – and that’s a damn good feeling!

John Cena: Word LIFE!

(82% Overall)

ANALYSIS: A simple rap by Cena, nothing big but it gets the message out there to both Booker and Angle, who face off for the number one contendership tonight.

Another Promo For the Young Guns

After Cena’s promo, another ‘commercial’ aired showing countless tag teams from the past. This time, we saw these teams in action, with many of them hitting their signature moves – we see the Doomsday Device, the 3-D, and many other countless classic double team moves. Just like the last video, these clips fade into two darkened silhouettes, as some words show up on the screen.

The new era of tag team wrestling shall be ushered in by one team...

Glory will be attained...

Naysayers shall suffer defeat...

And in the end...

There will be two men left standing.

Erick Justice...

Devon Storm...

THE YOUNG GUNS

(59% Overall)

ANALYSIS: More Young Guns hype...hopefully they turn out to be a strong face team for whatever brand they end up on.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Paul London

Eddie wanted to prove his point to Rey by taking out the Cruiserweight Champion here tonight. London ran down to the ring and immediately charged Guerrero, who ended up dominating most of the match. London made several comebacks, however, with his amazing high-flying style, but Guerrero was quick to take his aggression out on London and used whatever means necessary to beat London within an inch of his life! However, London made several huge near falls, one which came after Eddie missed the Frog Splash! Eddie was done with the games, and after crotching Paul London on the top rope before London could hit the 450, Eddie retreated to the outside. London revived and chased after Guerrero, who looked as if he was going to walk out...but it was a trap! Eddie instead grabbed a chair and slammed it against London’s skull! The ref saw this and immediately rang the bell as Eddie continued his warpath, driving the chair into London several times on the outside. Many road agents and officials ran down to restrain Guerrero, and Eddie kept yelling “Come on Rey! SAVE HIM NOW!!” Unfortunately, Rey did not make the save this time, and Paul London was left a bloody mess by the former WWE champion.

WINNER: Paul London via DQ

(81 Overall – 77 Crowd, 86 Match)

(Paul London gained overness)

ANALYSIS: A solid TV bout between two great workers, but its purpose was more to further Eddie’s insanely strong heel ‘story’ revolving around his obsession with defeating Rey. Still, good match and it got Paul London over as a great underdog to rally behind.

MNM Speaks...

The WWE Tag Team Champions, MNM, were backstage – except for Melina, who was absent.

Joey Mercury: Me and Johnny just made it in on a flight straight from Hollywood, and let me tell you...this place is a letdown!

He gets the cheap heat, of course.

Joey Mercury: But, its fitting because tonight, one huge MNM fan is going to get let down – BIG time. I’m talking about Hardcore Holly, who has seemed obsessed with trying to beat us week after week. And, like any pathetic wannabe, he comes up short every single time! Now, Melina is a little busy hanging out with all our famous celebrity friends...the usual, with us at least... but she’s watching back at the mansion, and I know she’s going to be proud of me once I defeat you one on one, fair and square, and qualify for the Great American Tournament!

Nitro nods in agreement as we go back to ringside.

(64% Overall)

ANALYSIS: I wanted to test out MNM on the mic without Melina, just to see how it compared to the interview with Melina (Which, I later realized, was due to an overness mistake I forgot to fix when I was fixing up the data file – whoops!). Ehh. While they have decent charisma, its nothing that will get them over right now.

Great American Qualifyer: Hardcore Holly vs. Joey Mercury

Without a partner, Hardcore Holly seems to be a little more at ease in the ring. That helped him out against one of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Joey Mercury, who was accompanied by his partner and fellow Tag Champ, Johnny Nitro. Midway through the match, Nitro helped Mercury get to the ropes after Holly locked on a sleeperhold, so the referee ejected Nitro from the ring! Without a partner or a valet, Mercury was at the mercy of the veteran, and Holly took no mercy in exacting revenge on the Tag champ! Holly finished off Mercury with the Alabama Slam and moved on in the tournament, but after the match, Johnny Nitro ran down to get his own revenge on Holly. After a double team attack on Holly, Mercury and Nitro left taunting Holly, despite not having the victory tonight!

WINNER: Hardcore Holly via pinfall

(67 Overall – 63 Crowd, 71 Match)

ANALYSIS: Ehh, Holly had to get a win back somehow, right?

Your Olympic Hero Is Ready...

We went to the backstage area as Kurt Angle warmed up for his number one contendership match.

Kurt Angle: Booker T, I’ve outsmarted you...I’ve outwrestled you. And while you may have a fluke victory over me, I will tell you this...the war will soon be won by Kurt Angle. Make no doubt about it...I will not settle for anything less! Of course, there’s Shawn Michaels now being thrown into the equation. Shawn, lets make one thing clear. I am the better man. I proved that at WrestleMania when I made you tap out! I know you’re jealous, but I’m warning you, pal. Don’t screw me over. You might have a reputation of doing that, but it won’t happen with me... It WILL NOT happen to Kurt Angle! I will walk out of here as the number one contender, and I will go on to face John Cena at the Great American Bash for the WWE Title! There is no doubt in my mind that tonight...victory will be mine.

(91% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Great promo from Angle, who is always one of the top players on SmackDown right now. We’ll see how this heat transfers over to the match with Booker T...

Number One Contendership : Kurt Angle vs. Booker T

The big main event of the night proved to be a showstopper, especially with the new SmackDown draft pick Shawn Michaels as special guest ref (no pun intended, of course)! Angle kept Booker T grounded with his mat wrestling finesse, and made sure HBK was watching. Angle got too cocky by trying to show off to Michaels, and it allowed for Booker T to make a big comeback. Booker then kept Angle off his feet using his power moves, and Booker’s speed matched surprisingly well with Angle’s. The crowd was ELECTRIC and they started Booker T chants throughout the match.

Angle wasn’t about to lose this match that easily though, and started using his desperation maneuvers. Specifically, he countered an axe kick attempt and nailed Booker with a stiff German that made everyone in the crowd cringe. That only produced a two count, and Angle became paranoid, thinking that HBK was trying to screw him over! He constantly argued with HBK after hitting Booker with two MORE suplexes, and once more tried a pin. It got a two count again! Angle got in HBK’s face, yelling at the top of his lungs, while Michaels warned him not to get any closer. Angle did, so HBK turned, looked at the crowd, and smiled. Angle prepared himself for the superkick and immediately covered his face, but instead...Booker T grabbed Angle from behind! HBK then pushed the stunned Angle over and Booker proceeded to roll him up in a small package! Then HBK slid down onto the mat and made the three count as the crowd exploded in cheers! Angle watched on, shocked and appalled, as Booker T celebrated with Sharmell and HBK in the entrance area.

WINNER: Booker T via Pinfall

(89 Overall – 92 Crowd, 84 Match)

(Booker T gained overness)

ANALYSIS: These two really blended well and the crowd was VERY much into the match. Booker T getting the win was huge, and it continues the HBK/Angle feud that never really ended after WrestleMania...is a rematch truly in the cards? We’ll find out.

SHOW RATING: 76

High Points: Angle and Cena doing solid promos, Angle vs. Booker, Guerrero vs. London

Low Points: MNM’s interview, Mercury vs. Holly

ANALYSIS: A couple of hot matches and about three solid interviews held this show up. We still have some work to do with SmackDown, specifically some of the weaker workers (Heidenreich) and weaker interviews (MNM, I even did it without Melina!) but this show will definetly be in great shape, especially with the draft and the Great American Tournament helping along the way.

Without further ado, its time to see just who the 'lucky' Raw superstar is who just happened to receive an injury this week...

The Coach Injured At House Show (Via WrestleCircle.com)

In a strange turn of events, Jonathan “The Coach” Coachman was injured at a house show this Friday. He sustained an ankle injury after taking a Batista Bomb from the World Champion, Batista, during an interview segment. The strange thing is, like the other two injuries that have occurred in the last month (Nunzio and Psychosis), Coach will only be out for two months.

Edited by ADDavis

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE Adrenaline Preview (Via WWE.Com)

This week on Adrenaline, "Mean" Gene Okerlund will be joined by Raw's very own Stacy Keibler and SmackDown's high flying Cruiserweight Champion, Paul London! They'll be discussing all the big news items in the WWE, including the second round draft picks for Raw and SmackDown, the Hell in a Cell match scheduled for Vengeance, and the announcement of the Great American Tournament for the next SmackDown Pay Per View!

Also, we'll see exclusive matches from the Raw and SmackDown brands! From the Raw side of things, we'll see the team of Maven and Simon Dean in action, as well as a bout between Christian and Steven Richards, and Chris Jericho taking on Gene Snitsky! In exclusive SmackDown content, Billy Kidman will face Funaki and Chavo Guerrero will also be in action. Plus we'll see a classic showdown between JBL's Chief of Staff Orlando Jordan and the Big Show! So tune in to Adrenaline this Sunday!

I'm really digging this diary. I'm glad that you signed Elix Skipper as he is one of my favorite wrestlers. Push him to the top! Maybe have him feud for the IC title or even better, the World Heavyweight title.

One thing I do disagree with is the drafting of Charlie Hass. Benjamin is the IC champ he should be focusing on his title and moving up the ranks. What I could see happening is a SWERVE~!1`~~ and Hass turning on Benjamin and having those two feud over the IC title.

Just some ideas...

Anyways keep up the great job. Teh Hotness!!

Guest ADDavis

Here's Adrenaline, which isn't that amazing...but there's a BIG news item following the show, that definetly impacts Adrenaline.

user posted image

WWE Adrenaline

Live from the WWE Studios in Connecticut!

With your host, “Mean” Gene Okerlund!

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Welcome fans to another action packed episode of WWE Adrenaline! I’m your host, “Mean” Gene Okerlund, and tonight, we’ve got a great show for you. I’ll let the action speak for itself, as we start off with an exclusive SmackDown match!

Billy Kidman vs. Funaki

Michael Cole and Tazz welcomed us to the first ‘exclusive’ match on Adrenaline, and began the unrelentless hyping of the cruiserweight division “only found on SmackDown!” Kidman, the cocky heel he is, was showboating for most of the match, and this gave Funaki a couple of big opportunities to go on offense. Funaki seemed to have the match won, but Kidman distracted the ref at one point, which led to a very unexpected return – out of the crowd came Christopher Nowinski! The man who was last seen on the Raw brand ran in and his Funaki with a pair of brass knucks before exiting the ring. Kidman then used this opportunity to go to the top rope and hit the Shooting Star Press for the three count and the win! Afterwards, Kidman and Nowinski celebrated as they left the ring!

WINNER: Billy Kidman via Pinfall

(73 Overall – 64 Crowd, 82 Match)

ANALYSIS: Nowinski isn’t officially on SmackDown yet, but from the looks of things, he seems to be paired with Billy Kidman. We’ll see what comes from this.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: We just saw quite the interesting development take place in that exclusive match! What in the world is Chris Nowinski doing on SmackDown when he is under Raw contract? And why is he helping out Billy Kidman? Folks, we may not find out just yet...but that couple be a pairing that could make waves in the cruiserweight division! Up next though, we’ll see Simon Dean and his protégé Maven in action!

Simon Dean and Maven vs. John Walters and Jimmy Jacobs

Before the match, Simon Dean and Maven hyped more of the Maven System, throwing shakes at Jacobs and Walters before the bell and then attacking them! This match was clearly to show off Maven and Dean, as they seem to be developing as a team. Maven picked up the win with his new finisher, the Maven Plex, which seems to be a spinning fisherman’s suplex.

WINNERS: Dean and Maven via pinfall

(66 Overall – 55 Crowd, 77 Match)

ANALYSIS: JOB Duty once more for the ROH talents, but they do the trick and get Dean and Maven over as a team.

Split Perspective

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: A big win for Maven and Dean! They’ll be a force to be reckoned with in the tag division on Raw, that’s for sure. Right now, though, its time to bring out our guests for the Split Perspective, which will take a look at some of the big happenings on Raw and SmackDown through the views of one Raw superstar and one SmackDown superstar! Our guests are, from Raw, Stacy Keibler, and from SmackDown, Cruiserweight Champion Paul London! Now, before we start...Paul, have you healed up after the vicious attack from Eddie Guerrero on SmackDown?

Paul London: I’m still really bruised up, Gene, but I’m getting better each day. I think I’ll be in shape by the next SmackDown. I’ll tell you this though...I’m not taking Eddie Guerrero lightly. He’s a madman in the ring, and one day down the road...I’m going to defeat him fair and square.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Alright, lets get down to business with... Split Perspective!!

Topic One

The Second Raw Draft Pick, Charlie Haas

Stacy Keibler: This is a big pick for Raw because Charlie is a world class wrestler and one of the bright stars that will shine in the WWE. Unfortunately, with him being reunited with his best friend Shelton Benjamin, the two will no doubt look to take the Tag Titles once more, and that is major competition for my team, Hurricane and Rosey.

Topic Two

The Second SmackDown Draft Pick, Shawn Michaels

Paul London: I trained under Shawn a long time ago, and when I found out he was coming to SmackDown, I was ecstatic. This guy is a legend, and he’s going to bring major star power to SmackDown. If I ever get the chance to face him down the road, I’d be honored.

Topic Three

Hell in A Cell at Vengeance

Stacy Keibler: I think Triple H could finally have Batista’s number here. The match is Triple H’s specialty, and he’s not taking Batista lightly anymore after their previous encounters.

Topic Four

Booker T is the No. 1 Contender

Paul London: Booker T took Kurt Angle to the limit last week, and he overcame the odds. I know Angle was shaken after finding out that HBK was the special ref, but HBK called things down the middle and it was great to see Booker win the bout and get a shot at John Cena’s WWE Title.

Topic Five

The Tag Title Divisions

Stacy Keibler: Well, as the sidekick of Rosey and the Hurricane, I can easily see how the tag division is heating up on Raw. We lost last week to the Heart Throbs, but that was due in part to that hideous Joel Gertner interfering! I have no doubt that the Dynamic Duo will get their shot at the World Tag Team Championship once more. Still, there are a lot of up and coming teams...we’ve seen Maven and Simon Dean team up, and now Val Venis seems to be paired up with Viscera. Weird pairing, I know...but hey, whatever works for them!

Paul London: MNM are the WWE Tag Team Champions, and they’ve been pretty dominant. I’d like to see a real tag team show up and teach them who is boss, though!

Topic Six

The Great American Tournament

Paul London: This was a big announcement from Theodore Long, and I know that I’ll be trying to get in on this tournament. We saw Hardcore Holly and Carlito both advance last week, and we know six more SmackDown superstars are going to qualify before the Great American Bash. Whoever wins this will become a major player on SmackDown and get a big opportunity to face the WWE champion at the Great American Bash!

Topic Seven

Kane and RVD vs. Edge and Christian signed for Vengeance

Stacy Keibler: Wow...this one is going to be wild. We know Edge has taunted Kane for weeks now, but the addition of RVD to Raw has caused Kane to gain an ally. Edge’s brother, Christian, has aligned himself with Edge as well, and after the Raw invasion fell through at One Night Stand, Edge and Christian definetly had issues with RVD. RVD and Kane were former Tag Team Champions, and RVD even told Kane backstage that he had his back! We’ll see if Kane gets his revenge against Edge through this tag match, but you can’t count out either of their partners as being major factors in the match.

Topic Eight

The Cruiserweight Title Division

Paul London: Things are really heating up for me. I know I was honored to win the belt, and there is a ton of competition on SmackDown. Guys like Chavo, Kidman, Spike Dudley, Akio, Funaki, Shannon Moore...plus I know JBL is still planning on finding someone to take the title from me. Well, he can find anyone from around the globe, but as far as I’m concerned, I’m still going to defend this title as much as I can and I won’t back down from any challenge!

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Alright, thank you very much, Stacy and Paul! Well, up next...we’ll see one of those exciting cruiserweights, former champion Chavo Guerrero, in action!

Chavo Guerrero vs. Roderick Strong

Oooh Chavo! This was a basic squash match to show Chavo’s amazing abilities in the ring, and he took little time in putting Strong away with the Frog Splash!

WINNER: Chavo Guerrero via Pinfall

(58 Overall – 33 Crowd, 83 Match)

ANALYSIS: I actually want to build up Chavo a little more...I think he’d be a good U.S. Title contender, honestly. We’ll see if he has any room to get pushed, though.

MNM Checks In...

In special footage from their ‘mansion’ in Hollywood, MNM checked in with a special promo...

Melina: This past Friday on SmackDown, my boy Joey Mercury got ROBBED in his Great American Tournament qualifier. That washed up, no talent Hardcore Holly shouldn’t have won that match! But, its no matter, because at the end of the day, my boys Mercury and Nitro are still the WWE Tag Team Champions. We just had a party last night with all the big stars...you name any star, and they were probably there!! They all told us that MNM are the biggest thing in the industry, and that they are bringing the ratings to SmackDown. But MNM needs competition. We’ve destroyed every last team, and its time for some new challenges! So this week on SmackDown, we are challenging any team that thinks they can overthrow MNM as the top team on SmackDown! We’ll show all of you just why MNM is the must-see team of the year!

(67% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Let the speculation begin as to who will face MNM this week on SmackDown...

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Great victory for Chavo Guerrero, and we just heard a big announcement about MNM throwing an open challenge to any team to face them for the WWE Tag Team Titles this week on SmackDown! We’ll see what team answers that challenge this Friday, but up next, the Raw brand has an exclusive match for us...Captain Charisma himself, Christian, faces the crazed Steven Richards!

Christian vs. Steven Richards

Richards actually put up a bit of a challenge for the former multi time Intercontinental and Tag champion, but Christian wasn’t about to lose this Raw exclusive bout! Christian used a lot of heel tactics in order to gain the offensive advantage on Richards, and was able to put away Richards after a couple of minutes with the Unprettier for the 3 count!

WINNER: Christian via Pinfall

(73 Overall – 69 Crowd, 77 Match)

ANALYSIS: Another squash, but at least Richards got some offense.

Muhammed Hassan Speaks!

A Raw exclusive interview began, with Hassan cutting a promo in front of the arena where Raw will be held this Monday in Phoenix, Arizona!

Muhammed Hassan: Phoenix, Arizona. This will be where the most monumental announcement in WWE history will be made. Tommorow night, I will speak my mind and when all is said and done, the WWE will never...ever... be the same again.

And the promo cuts out here!

(76% Overall)

ANALYSIS: What will happen? The suspense is killing me!!!

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: What will Hassan have to say tomorrow night on Raw? One can only wonder...its time for the SmackDown exclusive main event for the evening, with JBL’s chief of staff Orlando Jordan facing the 500 pound BIG SHOW! Its going to be wild!

The Big Show vs. Orlando Jordan

A few weeks ago, OJ ended up defeating the Big Show in a US title defense, picking up a victory thanks to interference from Carlito and Matt Morgan. Well, Big Show was clearly not in the mood for games in this match. He manhandled Jordan, not taking the former US champion lightly. One Showstopper later, and the Big Show got the clean victory over OJ, sending a message to the man who challenged him for the Great American Bash, Matt Morgan!

WINNER: The Big Show

(75 Overall – 77 Crowd, 71 Match)

ANALYSIS: This is just to give Show a win after not having one in a while. That, and at least give Adrenaline some more ‘star power’.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: And here’s our main event for the evening, with Y2J Chris Jericho facing Gene Snitsky in a Raw exclusive bout!

Chris Jericho vs. Gene Snitsky

Jericho may be taking wrestling a bit lightly lately, but he had to be on his toes this week against the monstrous Gene Snitsky. Snitsky threw Jericho around like a ragdoll at first, but Y2J used his expertise and targeted Snitsky’s leg in order to set up for the Walls of Jericho. Snitsky started favoring his leg, but quickly came back with his usual power moves and got a near fall with a sidewalk slam – Jericho barely got his foot on the rope! Jericho made a big comeback, however, after escaping a powerbomb attempt and dropkicking Snitsky’s leg. Jericho was able to hit the Lion Sault, which got a two count, and work some more on the leg. Snitsky didn’t give up, but he made a rookie mistake and underestimated Jericho – he went for another powerbomb but Jericho blocked it and grabbed Snitsky’s legs, sweeping him into the Walls of Jericho! Snitsky held on but his weakened leg kept him from powering out of the hold, and thus he tapped!

WINNER: Chris Jericho via Submission

(79 Overall – 80 Crowd, 77 Match)

ANALYSIS: Jericho got a big victory by defeating Snitsky, and I was even surprised that Jericho pulled the big lug to a somewhat decent match. Snitsky needs something to do, or he’s worthless, though.

SHOW RATING: 71

High Points: Jericho carrying Snitsky to a decent match!

Low Points: Chavo’s squash match

ANALYSIS: Squash city. Not my strongest show or anything, but just trying to use guys who weren't on the main shows.

Well, unfortunately here at the 'E, there's much buzz going around the backstage area...

BEHIND THE SCENES

WWE Headquarters

Connecticut

Secretary: Mr. McMahon, the rep from USA Network is on the phone...

Vince McMahon: Ahh, thank you, Sophie. Hello? ...wait, what did you say? ... WHAT? You can't just cancel the show, it's only been on for two weeks! ... what?!?!? More reruns of Monk and Kojak?!?!? Oh, give me a break! Look, maybe we can just negotiate the deal?? ... Look, we'll send representatives next week. We'll look at the deal. I just want the show back on as soon as possible. Alright? Fine. Good bye.

*Click*

Secretary: Sir? What was that about?

Vince McMahon: Sophie, send word out to the writing staff that as of today, Adrenaline was just cancelled for the time being. I'm going to try to rework the deal, but as is, they wanted something else in the time slot! Those bastards can't do that to me...and they BETTER not try anything with Raw!

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE Raw Is WAR!

Live from Phoenix, Arizona!

June 13th, 2005

JR: Welcome everybody to MONDAY NIGHT RAW! We’re live from Phoenix, and we’re SIX DAYS AWAY from Vengeance!

The King: And we’ve got a six man Vengeance showdown match tonight! The World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, will step in the ring with a returning Rob Van Dam and the demented Kane to face Batista’s opponent in six days, Triple H, and his partners, who will face Kane and RVD on Sunday, Edge and Christian!

JR: This is gonna be a real barnburner, King! With all six of these men in the same ring, all hell can break loose!

The King: We also know that tonight, Chris Jericho is going to have Chris Benoit on the Highlight Reel! And the newWorld Tag Team champions, the Heart Throbs, are gonna face William Regal and Tajiri in non title action!

JR: But wait! Eric Bischoff is about to come out! He’s going to make the next Draft pick announcement for Raw!

The Third Draft Pick!

Eric Bischoff walked out to a mixed reaction, and wasted no time in announcing his next draft pick!

Eric Bischoff: So, Teddy Long wants to take Shawn Michaels from Raw? Well, I’m sure my next draft choice is going to send a REAL message to SmackDown! So, lets get this going...

Eric grabs a blue SmackDown egg out of the cage that happens to be at ringside, and opens it up. He glances at it first hoping for it to be a big name...but then does a double take and raises an eyebrow.

Eric Bischoff: Well, uhh...I guess this is a good thing. He’s a former WWE Tag Team Champion and –

(76% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Wait a minute! An interruption!

... Hassan?!?

JR: Hey! Wait just a second! That’s Muhammed Hassan’s music! What is that man doing out here?

Hassan and Daivari come out to HUGE heel heat. Daivari seems to be yelling in his foreign tongue at Bischoff, who is annoyed after being interrupted. Hassan grabs a mic.

Muhammed Hassan: Eric, I know this ‘draft’ thing is important to you. But I have an even greater announcement...and it all stems from the lack of respect I get from you, and all these people week in and week out! See, just last week, I got blatantly disrespected by Batista and Triple H, two men who don’t deserve to be where they’re at in this company. Where is the real talent? Its standing right in front of you, yet constantly I am belittled and disrespected due to my Arab background! I’m sick and tired of not getting respect from the locker room here on Raw, and tonight, I’m putting an end to that!

Eric Bischoff: Hassan, I don’t have any idea what could be so ridiculously important to you that you have to come out here and interrupt a VERY important draft pick. I’ll let you speak in just a moment, cause right now, I’m going to introduce the third Raw pick in the draft lottery – KENZO SUZUKI!

Before Kenzo can even make his entrance, Hassan gets in Bischoff’s face.

Muhammed Hassan: What is this, a joke? You’re going to push me, Muhammed Hassan, aside for that joke of a man? Kenzo Suzuki is nothing compared to me! This is just an example of the kind of disrespect I am faced wit—

Suddenly, “Real American” plays over the PA system! The fans all look towards the entrance and see the Bronze Warrior himself, Kenzo Suzuki walking out...wearing a red, white, and blue robe, showing off a big goofy smile, and waving the American flag! The fans actually cheer Suzuki for this! Hassan is extremely disgusted and once Kenzo makes it down to the ring, Hassan points at him.

Muhammed Hassan: What in the world do you think you’re doing?!

Kenzo Suzuki: ...AME-LICA... IS NUMBA ONE!

Cheap pop for the former WWE Tag Champion. Hassan laughs.

Muhammed Hassan: Can you believe this? This is a joke, right? I mean, Kenzo, you’re a proud Japanese man, and you’ve been reduced to becoming a cheerleader for the same nation that constantly shunned you over on SmackDown?!? Give me a break!

Kenzo Suzuki: The people do not laugh at Kenzo Suzuki! AME-LICA LOVES KENZO!!

Interestingly enough, the fans actually start to get behind the lovable goof. Hey, all those weeks of singing James Brown on SmackDown paid off for something, I guess!

Muhammed Hassan: Kenzo, you’re more idiotic than I thought. Eric, I hope you’re happy, because you just probably got the most worthless pick of the draf—

Without warning, Suzuki suddenly lashes out at Hassan with a right hand! Daivari tries to make the save but gets a kick in the gut for his efforts! Suzuki then grabs Hassan and slams him to the mat! The fans are cheering even more for Suzuki as Hassan and Daivari bail out of the ring and retreat! Hassan still has a mic though, and he is irate!

Muhammed Hassan: THAT’S IT! I’m sick and tired of this! I’m not putting up with this any longer... Eric, you want to know what my announcement is? I’m ending this constant torture here on Raw... I QUIT!!!

Hassan drops the mic and walks off, with Daivari yelling in his foreign tongue once more. Bischoff shrugs, and Kenzo takes the mic once more!

Kenzo Suzuki: You quit Raw? You worthless! Na na na na... NA NA NA NA.... Hey heyyyy hey, goooooo-bye!

The fans start chanting with Kenzo, as Hassan and Daivari actually leave Raw!

75% Overall)

(Kenzo’s Turn gained him overness! He also has a new ‘fun babyface’ gimmick!)

ANALYSIS: Hassan’s mic work helped get this one over. Interesting way to start off Raw...Kenzo might be a weird choice, but I think he’d be well suited for Raw. Plus, the image of him doing that “Goodbye” chant kind of makes me laugh. I dunno, I wouldn’t mind seeing it happen. I’ve got an interesting plan for Hassan and Daivari, though.

Charlie Haas vs. Robert Conway

Conway had challenged Haas over the weekend, and Haas easily accepted this singles match. Grenier came out with Conway, so to match that, the InterContinental Champion Shelton Benjamin accompanied Haas! This was a solid match, as Haas and Conway are expert technicians and did a lot of mat wrestling early on. The end came when Grenier tried to interfere, but was stopped by Benjamin. Conway was distracted by the action on the outside and tried yelling for Grenier to help him, but when he turned around, Haas nailed him with a high cross body from the top rope to get the surprise three count! Post match, the Worlds Greatest Tag Team celebrated and left, leaving Conway with Grenier...Conway yelled at his partner for failing to help him, and slapped him in the face! Grenier did nothing though, and walked off.

WINNER: Charlie Haas via Pinfall

(75 Overall – 68 Crowd, 83 Match)

ANALYSIS: Good pairing. If anything, Haas is definetly going to bring on some good pairings now that he’s on Raw. I think the chances of Conway staying on Raw are pretty good, as well...but never doubt the unpredictability of this draft lottery!

Victoria confronts Christy!

#Yes, I’ve lost my mind!!!

Victoria came down to the ring with her old T.A.T.U. theme in-tact and her vicious mean streak back on Raw once more. She got in the ring and got a microphone.

Victoria: Christy Hemme, get your ass out here right now! We’re going to have a ... girl chat. Yes, that’s right.

Christy Hemme’s music then played up, and she walked down to the ring, not looking very happy. She cautiously got in the ring as Victoria gave her a cold stare.

Victoria: Now, I’ve made it very clear that I have no respect for you, Christy. I am sick of you prancing out here each and every week, doing absolutely nothing, and making yourself look like an idiot. It sickens me! And yet, you were the one who got the Wrestlemania Women’s Title shot. You got the cover of Playboy...and enough is enough! I’m going to put an end to you, Christy...and when—

But Christy had enough of this! She suddenly lunged at Victoria and attacked her! The fans actually were behind Christy, but then out of nowhere... came SNITSKY!! The monstrous Snitsky ran down and threw Christy off of Victoria. The announcers and everyone else were baffled as to why Snitsky was helping out Victoria, but Victoria then commanded Gene to take Christy out once and for all! Snitsky smiled and grabbed Christy, setting her in position for a powerbomb! Just before he could lift her up, Eugene ran down! The fans started going wild for Eugene, who came down to save the first girl who ever kissed him! Eugene started wailing on Snitsky, but the big man hit him with a knee to the gut that took poor Eugene down. He then grabbed Eugene and hit a thunderous powerbomb on him, drawing massive heat from the crowd! Christy went to Eugene’s aid, checking on him, but Victoria grabbed her by the hair and then put her in position for the Widow’s Peak! She nailed Christy with it, and she left the ring laughing along with her new protégé, Gene Snitsky!

(62% Overall)

(Eugene lost overness!)

ANALYSIS: I’m going to try to give Snitsky a ‘manager’ of sorts by pairing him up with Victoria. Meanwhile, I’m trying to give him someone to face at Vengeance, so throwing Eugene into the storyline – and trying to help fans remember that very strange storyline where Christy had the hots for Eugene – seemed as if it would help. Unfortunately, getting beaten up hurt his overness a little bit. Whoops!

Val Venis vs. Tyson Tomko

Venis faced the Problem Solver in a singles match that was decent, if anything...Venis showed a lot more fire in this match, which caught Tomko off guard – he must’ve thought Val was a pushover! Chris Masters came out and tried to interfere by grabbing Val from the apron, but as Tomko came off the ropes with the big boot, Val moved and Masters ended up eating the kick from Tomko! Venis then took down Tomko and went to the top rope and hit the Money Shot for the victory!

Post match, Masters re entered the ring and locked Venis in the Masterlock! Viscera came down though to make the save, and Masters then bailed...Masters got on the mic as Viscera checked on his new friend, and the Masterpiece challenged Viscera to a match at Vengeance to prove he can beat the big man!! Masters also said that Viscera could bring his ‘slut’ Lillian or even his ‘washed up’ buddy Val to back him up, but Masters will have his own backup there to make sure that the match is ‘fair and square’!

WINNER: Val Venis via Pinfall

(69 Overall – 64 Crowd, 74 Match)

ANALYSIS: I’m sure Vince McMahon pitched the Viscera/Masters match idea (“This’ll sell the tickets, alright!”), and I’m sure smarks all across the globe are yelling simultaneously at their screens...but considering the other matches planned for Vengeance, this one won’t hurt the show too much.

The Highlight Reel!

The Highlight Reel started off with a bang!

Chris Jericho: I’m not gonna waste any time with this one...I’ve got a hectic schedule as it is, and I can’t miss out on the autograph signings! Ladies and gents, my guest for tonight’s show...he’s a decorated champion of champions, a man who needs no introduction... CHRIS... BENOIT!

Benoit came down to a nice ovation from the crowd. He acknowledged the fans, and then Jericho, before taking a mic.

Chris Jericho: Now, Chris, I understand that you actually...requested this interview with me. May I ask why? I mean, if you wanted to talk to Y2J that BADLY, you could’ve just called...then again, I don’t know if you would’ve gotten through, my phone has been ringing off the hook lately...

Chris Benoit: Jericho, stop being an ass for a second and look at what you’re doing!

Chris Jericho: Whoa whoa whoa...what do you mean, bud?

Chris Benoit: I’m sick and tired of hearing your excuses. I’ve known you for so many years, and I’ve never known you to put wrestling aside...but now, it’s Fozzy this, autograph signing that...you pissed away match after match because you kept coming up with these lame excuses! I’m here to give you a reality check, Chris. You’re a former Undisputed champion...and you’re wasting your talents in the ring!

Chris Jericho: You’re saying I’m wasting time when in reality, I’m performing for all the Jerichoholics in the greatest band in the world, FOZZZZZZY!

Chris Benoit: Chris...I’ll be honest, man. Fozzy? It’s...ehh... terrible.

Chris Jericho: Look, who the hell are you to tell me about my life, Benoit??? Why do you feel the need to parade yourself out here and try to tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’m Chris Jericho, damnit!

Chris Benoit: I feel the need to do this because your actions in the last few weeks have been downright pathetic. You abandon people in tag matches...and then you slap Eugene in the face last week? Look, if you wanna pick on someone, pick on someone who isn’t afraid to take you on!

Chris Jericho: Whoa whoa whoa...you wanna stand up for Eugene? I’ll be honest... I don’t regret my actions!

Jericho actually gets some boos for this!

Chris Jericho: That kid needed to learn just who the best superstar on the Raw brand is, because its CERTAINLY not Chris Benoit! Just cause you got lucky in Japan, just cause you’ve gotten lucky other times...doesn’t mean that you’re suddenly better than Chris Jericho, assclown!

Chris Benoit: You talk big, Jericho, but you have yet to prove me wrong! You think you’re truly better than me? Why don’t we find out at Vengeance!

Chris Jericho: Alright, you’re on! And don’t be complaining once I take you to school and teach you how its done, jackass!

The two get in each others face and exchange some heated words before they separate and Jericho walks out. Benoit’s music plays and he gives Jericho a cold stare as we go to commercial break...

(85% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Pretty solid promo work by both men to set the stage for what should be a great respect match at Vengeance!

Joel Gertner and the Heart Throbs!

The Quintessential Stud Muffin, Joel Gertner, is in the back, getting the Heart Throbs ready for their upcoming non title tag match. Well, he’s trying at least. Antonio and Romeo are listening to some club music and are dancing all around the locker room, which seems to be their pre match ritual.

Joel Gertner: Boys...listen up...will you quit dancing to that frickin’ music already? I’m trying to tell you something!

Romeo then reluctantly turns the boombox off. They huddle around Gertner.

Joel Gertner: Guys...you’re World Tag Team Champions. You did the unthinkable and proved to the people that you’re more than just pretty faces. But now you have to go out there and prove it again. You have to beat William Regal and Tajiri, which is no easy task.

Antonio: Ayyyy! No problem, bro!

Romeo: Yeah, boss, we’ll slap them around, show them just why we’re loved by the ladies and envied by the fellas...there’s no doubt about it. And then we’ll go clubbing afterwards!

Antonio: YEAH! And we’ll pick up chicks! Some... some... mad good lookin’ chicks!

Romeo: No doubt! They’re gonna be bangin’! I can’t wait!

Romeo gets excited, and starts dancing again. Gertner starts to get frustrated.

Joel Gertner: Romeo! Antonio! Get your heads out of the gutter and focus on the match. After that, yeah...I’ll make sure I treat you to a night on the town, and I’ll hook you up with all the women you want!

Antonio: Only if they’re mad good lookin’.

Romeo: Yeah! They better be pretttttty ladies.

Joel Gertner: Just get out there and win the damn match!

(73% Overall)

(Romeo gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: Well, at least we’re going to give these two idiots some character. And Gertner being their manager definetly helps them out if they’re gonna get pushed as tag champs right now.

The Heart Throbs vs. William Regal and Tajiri

Regal and Tajiri were out to get a big win here so they could get Tag Title contendership, and the Heart Throbs...well, their minds were on other things. Mainly, the ‘pretty ladies’ sitting in the front row! Regal and Tajiri used this to their advantage, but Gertner made sure to keep his boys in check – while also interfering as much as he could! As Regal locked Romeo in the Regal Stretch, Antonio tried to break it up but was taken to the outside by Tajiri. Joel Gertner jumped up on the apron and distracted the ref, and then Maven and Simon Dean ran down to the ring! They attacked Regal, but to the rescue came the Dynamic Duo of Hurricane and Rosey! Chaos broke out and the ref tried to eject the two interfering teams, but what he didn’t see what Gertner sliding one of the title belts to Romeo, and Romeo using it to knock out Regal! Romeo disposed of the evidence as the Dynamic Duo and Dean/Maven brawled on the outside, and he pinned Regal as the ref turned! The ref made the three count and the Heart Throbs got the victory!

WINNER: The Heart Throbs via pinfall

(70 Overall – 66 Crowd, 75 Match)

(Romeo and Antonio gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: This was necessary to not only get the Heart Throbs over, but...well, you’ll see in just a moment.

The Haters Club?!

Eric Bischoff is in the back with the Coach, watching what has just gone down.

Eric Bischoff: Seems like the tag division is heating up. Well, you know what? We can make something of this. At Vengeance...lets have a little four way contendership match for the Tag Team Titles. We’ll see if these Heart Throbs are really up to a challenge...Lets set up a match where the winners will face the Heart Throbs for the titles later in the evening! I’ll throw in Regal and Tajiri, Simon Dean and Maven, Hurricane and Rosey...and lets add one more team...Ah, I’ve got it. The newly reunited World’s Greatest Tag Team of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas! Yeah, that sounds like a plan!

The Coach: Excellent plan, boss...but, hey, speaking of tag teams, I’m just letting you know, we have these two new guys outside...they wanted to speak to you personally.

Eric Bischoff: Two ‘new guys’?

The Coach: Yeah, they said they’re free agents that want to come to Raw. You want me to let them in?

Eric Bischoff: Well, sure, I’ll let them amuse me.

The Coach: Alright, I’ll go get them...

The Coach exits and soon re enters, with two black men following him. These two guys look quite confident, wearing some nice suits and expensive jewelry to boot!

The Coach: Mr. Bischoff, this is –

First Guy: Coach, brotha, we’ve got this covered. Mr. Bischoff, I’mElix Skipper...you can call me Prime Time, though.

Second Guy: And I am “Beautiful” Jayson Brown, and we are The Haters Club!

Eric Bischoff: The Haters Club?

Elix Skipper: Hah, yeah man! Hatin’ is our game, its our specialty! I mean, look at all these cats on Raw...none of them could match up to our abilities. And some of these fools are just jokes. I mean, look at your World Champ. Batista, right? Sucka looks like he’s gonna explode or somethin’!

Jayson Brown: The only thing ‘big’ on him is that big ass vein in the middle of his damn forehead, the one that’s gonna pop right out of there any second!

Elix Skipper: See man? That’s just down right hate!!! Heh...what ‘bout that sucka Kane, whats his deal?

Jayson Brown: I dunno, but the boy has some issues, let me tell you that. He’s more messed up than all the Jackson family combined!

Elix Skipper: How HATEFUL of ya, brotha Brown! Yeah, no wonder Kane’s so messed up, though. Boys lookin’ ugly like Uncle Fester or somethin’!

Eric Bischoff: Look, you two, could you please just get out? If you want to join Raw, no problem...we’ll get you set up and signed in no time. I’ve just got a lot that I have to get ready for, the pay per view is this Sunday, and—

Elix Skipper: Oh for real? The pay per view is Sunday?

Jayson Brown: Hey! We can be there, no problem. We’ll bring the hate, Bisch!

Elix Skipper: We gotta run, boss...we gotta go heckle over at the Diamondbacks game...

Jayson Brown: We’re gonna go heckle at a baseball game? Man, that’s lame. Baseball is so boring.

Elix Skipper: It won’t be boring when we’re there. Come on, brotha.

And thus, the ‘Haters’ leave, as Bischoff shakes his head and shrugs.

(73% Overall)

(Elix Skipper and Jayson Brown debuted their new ‘comedian’ gimmicks. Both men also gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: I have a feeling this gimmick is going to be my guilty pleasure. Yeah, I’m totally ripping off one of my favorite Chappelle Show sketches (The Haters Ball) but when HASN’T wrestling ripped off something, anyways? Oh, and in case anyone wonders, Jayson Brown is Onyx, formerly of TNA fame.

IT’S A TRAP!

We immediately cut to the back, where we see Batista being attacked by Edge and Christian... and we see Triple H orchestrating the attack! Officials are trying to stop them, and the three men are just yelling at the World Champion to get up. Batista seems quite hurt though.

Triple H: If you can’t survive this, you won’t survive Hell in a Cell, Dave...six days, and your ass is MINE!

With that, the three finally back off and head to the ring. Batista then gets checked by the medical staff as we go to ringside.

(85% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Looks like Batista might be out of the match coming up next! We’ll see...

Batista, RVD, and Kane vs. Triple H, Edge, and Christian

This was more like two on three, as Batista didn’t come out during his entrance. Kane and RVD had to fend off against HHH, Edge, and Christian, and what a match for RVD to return for! Kane wanted Edge to begin with, and Edge fled the ring with Lita in tow and Kane in pursuit! This left RVD up against Triple H and Christian, and try as he may, he was no match for two guys! He took a lot of damage and looked to be put away as Triple H set him up for the pedigree, but then Batista’s music played again! Batista ran out from the back, bandaged up, and went right after Triple H! He clotheslined HHH out of the ring and attacked him, thus beginning another brawl that would cause them to leave the ring! This left Christian with RVD, and while Christian thought he had it made...RVD wasn’t done! RVD caught him by surprise with an enziguiri, and went to the top rope...the fans called it! FIVE STAR SPLASH! RVD hit the big move and made the cover...and the three count was made!

Post match, Batista and HHH fought all the way to the back as we saw Edge and Lita escaping the parking lot in their vehicle. HHH meanwhile lured Batista into the hallways backstage where he used a pipe to hit Batista in his newly-injured ribs. Batista was hurt, thus giving HHH the advantage! HHH then applied the Pedigree on the concrete, laying out the World Champion once more! HHH stood over him and spit right on his unconscious face as the road agents rushed to break things up...And that’s where Raw ended!

WINNERS: Batista, Kane, and RVD via Pinfall!

(84 Overall – 86 Crowd, 80 Match)

ANALYSIS: A very nice main event that hammers home the two big matches for Vengeance.

SHOW RATING: 75

High Points: Six man match, the Highlight Reel with Benoit!

Low Points: Venis vs. Tomko

ANALYSIS: A solid show leading to Vengeance this week, and while the draft pick wasn’t the greatest, it wasn’t a complete DUD either. The PPV shaped up mostly this week and considering WWE has the tendency to rush their PPVs anyways, this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise :lol:

Here's the PPV card, even though I still have an episode of SmackDown to go.

WWE Raw Presents VENGEANCE!

Main Event: World Heavyweight Title

HELL IN A CELL

Batista © vs. Triple H

Tag Team Match

Edge and Christian vs. Kane and Rob Van Dam

Respect Match

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

World Tag Team Title Match

The Heart Throbs © w/ Joel Gertner vs. Winner of Tag Team Melee

Tag Team Melee Match

The Dynamic Duo (Hurricane/Rosey) vs. Maven/Dean vs. Regal/Tajiri vs. The Worlds Greatest Tag Team (Haas/Benjamin)

Singles Match

Eugene w/ Christy vs. Gene Snitsky w/ Victoria

Special Challenge

Chris Masters w/ ??? vs. Viscera w/ Val Venis

Pre-Show Match

Kenzo Suzuki vs. Rob Conway

Feel free to make some predictions...I'll try to get SmackDown up by tommorow! And then, the PPV...things are looking good, I'll say that much.

Edited by ADDavis

The Coach exits and soon re enters, with two black men following him. These two guys look quite confident, wearing some nice suits and expensive jewelry to boot!

The Coach: Mr. Bischoff, this is –

First Guy: Coach, brotha, we’ve got this covered. Mr. Bischoff, I’mElix Skipper...you can call me Prime Time, though.

Second Guy: And I am “Beautiful” Jayson Brown, and we are The Haters Club!

Eric Bischoff: The Haters Club?

Elix Skipper: Hah, yeah man! Hatin’ is our game, its our specialty! I mean, look at all these cats on Raw...none of them could match up to our abilities. And some of these fools are just jokes. I mean, look at your World Champ. Batista, right? Sucka looks like he’s gonna explode or somethin’!

Jayson Brown: The only thing ‘big’ on him is that big ass vein in the middle of his damn forehead, the one that’s gonna pop right out of there any second!

Elix Skipper: See man? That’s just down right hate!!! Heh...what ‘bout that sucka Kane, whats his deal?

Jayson Brown: I dunno, but the boy has some issues, let me tell you that. He’s more messed up than all the Jackson family combined!

Elix Skipper: How HATEFUL of ya, brotha Brown! Yeah, no wonder Kane’s so messed up, though. Boys lookin’ ugly like Uncle Fester or somethin’!

Eric Bischoff: Look, you two, could you please just get out? If you want to join Raw, no problem...we’ll get you set up and signed in no time. I’ve just got a lot that I have to get ready for, the pay per view is this Sunday, and—

Elix Skipper: Oh for real? The pay per view is Sunday?

Jayson Brown: Hey! We can be there, no problem. We’ll bring the hate, Bisch!

Elix Skipper: We gotta run, boss...we gotta go heckle over at the Diamondbacks game...

Jayson Brown: We’re gonna go heckle at a baseball game? Man, that’s lame. Baseball is so boring.

Elix Skipper: It won’t be boring when we’re there. Come on, brotha.

And thus, the ‘Haters’ leave, as Bischoff shakes his head and shrugs.

(73% Overall)

(Elix Skipper and Jayson Brown debuted their new ‘comedian’ gimmicks. Both men also gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: I have a feeling this gimmick is going to be my guilty pleasure. Yeah, I’m totally ripping off one of my favorite Chappelle Show sketches (The Haters Ball) but when HASN’T wrestling ripped off something, anyways? Oh, and in case anyone wonders, Jayson Brown is Onyx, formerly of TNA fame.

I like what I see so far.

HELL IN A CELL

Batista © vs. Triple H

I just don't see Triple H getting the belt back here.

Tag Team Match

I see this one being pulled out to Summerslam, so heavy cheating on E&C's part is expected here. And besides that, Kane and RVD and Batista won on Raw. If Batista wins, then someone from that match has to take the fall at the PPV.

Respect Match

Jericho will then turn heel and attack Benoit. Though this would mark the second time now that Benoit faced a former partner at Vengeance. Bring up Eddy in 2003, and it'll be a good call. Drag to Summerslam for a rematch.

You're trying to build them, so why would they lose? Even if it is to the WGTT.

Tag Team Melee Match

The Dynamic Duo (Hurricane/Rosey) vs. Maven/Dean vs. Regal/Tajiri vs. The Worlds Greatest Tag Team (Haas/Benjamin)

I figure that Maven/Dean and Regal/Tajiri will take one another out, and from there WGTT isolate and destroy Hurricane.

Singles Match

Lesser of two evils, though Victoria being out there is good.

Special Challenge

See above but take out the part about Victoria.

Pre-Show Match

I can't see a guy who has just made his debut, losing to someone who has been jobbing regularly.

HELL IN A CELL

Batista © vs. Triple H

Batista

Tag Team Match

E & C

Respect Match

Benoit

Heart Throbs

Tag Team Melee Match

Regal/Tajiri- I feel WGTT will have a mis-communication which will lead to a Hass turn

Singles Match

Eugene

Special Challenge

Masters-if you have any plans to build him he can't lose to Big Vis

Pre-Show Match

Suzuki

World Heavyweight Title, Hell In A Cell: Batista© retains over Triple H

World Tag Team Title Qualifier: World's Greatest Tag Team over Dynamic Duo, Maven/Dean & Regal/Tajiri

Tag Team Match: Edge and Christian over Kane and RVD(Kane will eventually get his revenge in a 1 on 1 match, this will continue the fued.)

Singles Match: Eugene over Snisky(I don't like the idea of jobbing Victoria's guy, but Eugene can't lose to this piece of crap.)

Respect Match: Chris Benoit over Chris Jericho(The inevitable Jericho turn is coming, I just don't see it coming yet.)

Waste of Time Match: Chris Masters over Viscera

Preshow Match: Kenzo Suzuki over Rob Conway(Don't like the idea, but I can't see Suzuki losing his debut match. Conway deserves better.)

Guest ADDavis

Thanks for the comments and predictions, everybody. I'm happy enough that I made it past the three page mark finally, but the fact that people seem to be enjoying what I'm writing is really nice. Makes things a lot more entertaining for me as well!

I'll try to get SmackDown up by tommorow night, I've had a busy weekend and I work tommorow morning so I'll probably write up the results after I get home. Then, I'll see about getting Vengeance done either that night or Tuesday afternoon.

Interesting predictions for Vengeance. Obviously, some matches aren't as well liked as others (See? Just like the real WWE!) but I'm going to, at best, make things entertaining.

As for SmackDown, here's a quick preview to completely throw things off track from the Vengeance predictions! (Swerve???)

user posted image

SmackDown Preview (Via WWE.Com)

It's the third week of the draft lottery and things have really shaken up on SmackDown!

First, Ric Flair arrived and defeated Orlando Jordan for the US Title, sparking hatred from Jordan's 'boss' John Bradshaw Layfield.

Then, Shawn Michaels was the second pick and made waves by being the ref in the Kurt Angle/Booker T number one contendership bout.

Who will show up this week? Whoever comes over from Raw, its bound to be a big surprise and a new start for one superstar!

This week, we'll also see a big main event tag match with the WWE Champion and the number one contender - on the same team! John Cena and Booker T will team up to face JBL and Kurt Angle, and this one is sure to be a classic! But can the two men who will face off at the Great American Bash be able to work together to overcome JBL and Angle?

Plus, we'll see two more Great American Tournament qualifiers, as Rey Mysterio will face Akio and Eddie Guerrero will face The Big Show! Theodore Long has made it clear that Guerrero and Mysterio will not be allowed near each other's matches, and if they interfere in any way before, during, or after the matces, BOTH men will be suspended! Who will survive to make it to the Great American Bash for this prestigious tournament, joining Carlito and Hardcore Holly? Also, Ric Flair will be defending the US Title against the other Basham Brother, Danny Basham! JBL has made it clear he has no respect for the Nature Boy, so we'll see if the last member of his Cabinet can get the job done and take the US Title from the Dirtiest Player In The Game! And we'll see who took up MNM's challenge for the WWE Tag Team Titles! All this plus more, this Friday night on SmackDown!

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE SmackDown!

Live from Tucson, Arizona!

June 24th, 2005

SmackDown’s Third Draft Pick!

We open SmackDown once more with the GM of SmackDown, Theodore Long, ready to announce the next Draft Lottery pick for SmackDown!

Theodore Long: Fans, its time once again for the SmackDown Draft Lottery pick! HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA! But before I make the third round pick, let me just talk about the show tonight. I ain’t gonna lie, this one is the biggest show so far this year! We’re gonna even top last week’s amazing performances. That’s right...tonight, our main event is gonna feature the WWE Champion John Cena and the number one contender, Booker T, facing two former WWE champions, Kurt Angle and JBL!

Tazz: Yo Cole! Did’cha hear that??

Michael Cole: Yeah, Tazz, that’s gonna be a huge bout!

Tazz: Yeah but its Booker and Cena on the same side! There’s no way they’ll get along! It was just last year they were fightin’ in the best of five series!!

Theodore Long: And we’re also going to continue the qualifying bouts for the Great American Tournament! Tonight, Akio will face Rey Mysterio, while Eddie Guerrero will face the Big Show! Now, we’ve seen Rey and Eddie get into some heavy altercations and I’m making it clear right now, if either of them interferes in each others matches, they’ll both be fined and suspended! Ya betta BELIEVE that, playa! But right now, its time to get to the third draft choice for SmackDown...

With that, he picks a red egg out of the lottery cage and is quick to open it. When he sees the name inside, he beams with pride.

Theodore Long: Well, damn...holla holla HOLLA, cause the next star to go to SmackDown is quite possibly the future of this company. He may be injured right now, but when he makes his return to the ring, he’s gonna be wearing the SmackDown colors...ladies and gentlemen, the third SmackDown pick is RANDY ORTON!

---SECOND DRAFT CHOICE (SMACKDOWN) : Randy Orton ---

Orton’s music hits and he gets a largely mixed reaction as he comes down to the ring in a full suit. He favors his shoulder a bit as he enters the ring, but shakes Long’s hand and takes a mic with a cocky smirk. He then addresses the fans.

Randy Orton: So, Randy Orton finally makes the jump to SmackDown. I bet you people are happy right? And you should be!

The fans cheer, and Orton goes along with it, until getting dead serious.

Randy Orton: But don’t think for a moment that I’m happy. I could care less about this hellhole!

And of course, as quick as they started cheering him, the fans then turn right around and boo him!

Randy Orton: Now, I’ve been taken from the revenge I vowed against Batista for injuring me. Do you think that makes me happy?!?!? HELL NO! In one swift, Randy Orton has been screwed over, thanks to you, Long!

Orton points his finger straight at Long, who stands tall.

Randy Orton: ...but you know what? You’ll get a lot out of this deal. See, now that Randy Orton is on SmackDown, you’ll finally get the ratings you want. You’ll get the prestige of having the future of the business on your show. I bet that makes you proud, doesn’t it? I could care less about bringing you the ratings, but let me make one thing clear Long... ONE thing. If I’m on SmackDown now, I want you to guarantee me this. When I’m back, when I’m in one hundred percent shape...there is one man on SmackDown who I want to get revenge on. His name? The Undertaker!!!!

The fans go wild at the name of the Phenom!

Theodore Long: What you’re saying is this...when you are ready to wrestle, you want a rematch with The Undertaker??

Randy Orton: You know damn well that’s what I want!

Theodore Long: Well, I may not talk to the Undertaker on a one on one basis very often...but I can at least tell you this. You keep talking about him, and you damn sure better be ready to face him, because he never backs down from a challenge, playa! So you recuperate and you rest up that shoulder, because you might be asking for a little too much by going after SmackDown’s one and only phenom, ya hear me???

Randy Orton: Oh, I hear you, Teddy. But I want you to hear me. He might be SmackDown’s legend now, but after I get through with him...he’ll be just another myth that bites the dust. They didn’t call me the Legend Killer on Raw for nothing, after all. So, Undertaker, if you’re listening out there...count the days, deadman, because your time is nearly up!

And with that, Orton leaves to some major heat as we go to a commercial break!

(74% Overall)

ANALYSIS: So even though we’ll be waiting on his eventual debut, Orton is a big pick for SmackDown, as the show has yet to choose someone who hasn’t held a World Title. Interesting indeed...

Great American Qualifier: Rey Mysterio vs. Akio

We started the show with a hot match, as Rey Mysterio faced Akio once more! Akio was clearly more ready for his opponent as they finally faced off on the ‘big show’ with much on the line. In fact, many times it looked as if Akio could’ve won, but this was a match of many near falls – Rey was a little caught off guard by Akio’s improvements from a few weeks ago! Rey, the experienced veteran, was able to capitalize off a high risk mistake by Akio which led to Rey picking up the offense and taking Akio to the limit. At the end, Akio tried to reverse the tide with a top rope hurricaranna, but it was blocked by Rey who pushed him off right into the ropes! This led to Akio being in position for the 619 and the hurricaranna that led to Rey winning the match and securing a spot in the tournament!

WINNER: Rey Mysterio via Pinfall

(82 Overall – 69 Crowd, 96 Match)

ANALYSIS: Wow, these two mesh perfectly in the ring. If anything, Akio can easily get over with his impressive ringwork alone, and Rey is helping him in that aspect.

The United States champion speaks!

Josh Matthews is in the back with...yes, who else? NAITCH!

Josh Matthews: Ric, ever since you came to SmackDown, it seems JBL and his Cabinet have been hunting you for taking the US Title off of Orlando Jordan. What are yo—

Ric Flair: Kid, lets get one thing straight. First! Until you hit puberty, the name is MISTER Flair to you! WHOOOOOOOO! Second. That is correct, the Nature Boy is here on SmackDown. I’ve heard people say that Ric Flair can’t make another run anymore...well, this is to prove all those boys wrong. Third! I want to say to my main man Triple H, I have faith in you this Sunday. And Finally. JBL. You want to keep sending your boys after me? Go ahead! You want to attack me from behind like a coward? Go ahead! But when all is said and done, I’ll prove to you that I still am the ‘Man’! Next week, JBL, I challenge you to settle this once and for all. You and me! One on one! You’ll find out the hard way that I am the Dirtiest Player in the Game!

Flair walks off.

Josh Matthews: Well, there you heard it, Ric Flair has extended a challenge to JBL for next week! It’s going to be –

And then Flair re-enters!

Ric Flair: WHOOOOOOOOOO!

And we go to a commercial break.

(95% Overall)

(Ric Flair gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: Flair has been on as usual since coming to SmackDown. Good promo.

Matt Morgan vs. Heidenreich

This match came about after last week when Carlito defeated Heidenreich for the spot in the Great American Tournament after Morgan interfered. Morgan seemed to be on his own tonight, without Carlito at ringside. Heidenreich ran out and immediately attacked Morgan, as he was still angry about last week. This was a slow, plodding match and Morgan seemed to be more cocky by the moment, which nearly cost him the match a few times! Heidenreich almost had it won, but after the ref missed a low blow by Morgan, the tables had turned and Morgan was able to hit the F5 in desperation to put the last nail in the coffin. Morgan covered Heidenreich and picked up a big singles win.

Morgan had no time to celebrate though, as the Big Show immediately charged the ring, looking to get some big-time revenge on Morgan. Morgan, too winded from the match, tried fighting back but the Big Show was just too powerful! Big Show then grabbed Morgan by the throat, looking to hit a big chokeslam, but Carlito came out of the crowd with a steel pipe! He nailed Big Show in the right leg with the pipe, which took the big man down quickly. Carlito and Morgan then went to work on the Big Show’s leg with stomps as they taunted Show unmercifully. Carlito then yelled at Morgan to hit the F5, which he did! Show was left in the ring, favoring his leg, as road agents ran down to help him out.

WINNER: Matt Morgan via Pinfall

(68 Overall – 64 Crowd, 73 Match)

(Matt Morgan gained overness)

ANALYSIS: At least Morgan got over a bit from the match. The match itself? Eh, what would you expect?

United States Title: Ric Flair © vs. Danny Basham

Danny Basham brought a little more brawling to this match than his brother did last week, and it caught Flair off guard – Flair, of course, figured Danny would be a technical based wrestler. Danny put up a good fight, but he underestimated the vitality of Flair, and Flair capitalized on some rookie mistakes as per usual. This led to Flair locking on the Figure Four and making Basham tap out in no time! Post match, Flair celebrated, but watched his back for a JBL attack.

WINNER: Ric Flair via submission

(77 Overall – 82 Crowd, 66 Match)

ANALYSIS: The match between Flair and Dough Basham last week proved to be a little better than this, mainly due to the match quality. Still, the crowd was hot for this, and I imagine they will be next week when Flair faces JBL.

JBL Has Had Enough!

As we come back from another commercial break, JBL is chewing out the Cabinet in the back.

JBL: You can’t even beat a man way past his prime? Give me a damn break already! You idiots have proved nothing to me as of late...in fact, I don’t even think some of you deserve the distinction of being near a wrestling GOD!

The Bashams and Orlando Jordan don’t really know what to say.

JBL: Jordan, I’m sparing you for now because unlike these two idiots you’re standing next to, you actually won some GOLD in the past couple of months. Bashams, I want to congratulate you though...you are the first two to be FIRED from the Cabinet!

Doug Basham: Wait, Boss, we’re fired?!?!?

JBL: Did I stutter? I’m not Matt Morgan, damnit! You heard me right! I’m officially firing you two, and actually...to be even more frank...you two have been TRADED!

Danny Basham: ...huh?

JBL: See, I called Eric Bischoff this morning, and with Teddy Long’s blessing, I traded you two idiots for two guys who just recently quit Raw. These two are two men who deserve to be in the Cabinet, and after being held down on Raw, will finally get the appreciation they deserve! Unlike you two, they are... WINNERS. I’d like you to meet the two newest members of the Cabinet, Hassan and Daivari!

And in walk Muhammed Hassan and Khosrow Daivari, wearing big smiles on their faces. The Bashams are stunned.

Muhammed Hassan: Finally. Someone who appreciates the talents of Muhammed Hassan. This is a welcome change, indeed.

Daivari: *yells in excited foreign voice at the Bashams*

Muhammed Hassan: Do you two see this? It’s the sight of victory. The man who defeated Shawn Michaels, Daivari, and the man who stands in front of you with an unblemished record...Muhammed Hassan. And now that we’ve been invited to join the Cabinet, we’re going to take SmackDown by force just to show those idiots all over the globe that Hassan can BEAT the system, and that all along...I have been RIGHT!

JBL: So Bashams, enjoy Raw! Because, as always, the real winners come to SmackDown!

With that, the Bashams walk out in a frustrated manner.

JBL: ...now, Hassan, don’t forget our deal.

Muhammed Hassan: Believe me, I’m not forgetting whatsoever.

And we go to the ring for our next match!

(73% Overall)

(JBL lost a little overness, but Daivari gained some!)

ANALYSIS: We have our first trade of the Draft, with the Bashams being traded for the two men who ‘quit’ Raw, Muhammed Hassan and Khosrow Daivari. Hassan might be a good fit for SmackDown, but being aligned with JBL is an interesting twist.

WWE Tag Team Titles: MNM © vs. Scotty 2 Hotty and Shannon Moore

MNM’s challenge for a Tag Team to face them for the Titles was answered by...Scotty 2 Hotty and Shannon Moore. MNM certainly was expecting a different team though, and they almost laughed off the challengers...but Scotty and Shannon actually proved to be pretty decent for a thrown-together team, as they set out to prove the arrogant Nitro and Mercury wrong! Unfortunately, while they had the experience, it was Melina who was the x-factor in this match. She jumped up on the apron as Scotty attempted to do the worm on Nitro, which distracted Scotty and caused Joey Mercury to nail Scotty from behind. MNM then threw Scotty to the ropes and hit him with a double superkick, leading to a pin. Once more, the WWE Tag Team Champions escaped with a close victory.

WINNERS: MNM via Pinfall

(64 Overall – 48 Crowd, 81 Match)

ANALYSIS: Wow. The crowd really must’ve liked that Flair match somehow, because they were apparently ‘let down’ by this match. Maybe it was Scotty and Shannon answering the challenge...I could see that being a letdown in some eyes. Still, we have to build MNM up a little, and also keep some suspense there...

A Special Interview with Eddie Guerrero!

Eddie Guerrero is in the back, taping up his wrists and getting ready for his Great American Tournament matchup with the Big Show!

Eddie Guerrero: So, they want to give me a shot at being in the Great American Tournament? I can handle that, esse. And I hope that you’re watching tonight, Rey. I’ve torn Paul London apart, I’ve destroyed everyone else in my path, and tonight...I take apart the Big Show. If I can do that to the Big Show, imagine what’ll happen when we meet up in the Great American Tournament. So, I may not be able to see you tonight, Rey, but mark my words...I will prove soon enough that I will be able to defeat you. And when that happens, the world will finally respect Eddie Guerrero!

And we go to the ring for the next bout...

(89% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Nothing much to say here, Eddie’s clearly a strong heel on the mic.

Great American Qualifier: The Big Show vs. Eddie Guerrero

The Big Show was still favoring his right leg after the attack earlier by Carlito and Morgan. Naturally, this was the first thing that Eddie targeted. Big Show still pushed Guerrero around throughout the match, using his immense power to keep Eddie grounded. But Eddie found ways to go after the leg and thus keep Big Show down. Eddie tried pinning Big Show a couple times, but only got two counts, as Big Show powered out each time. Big Show finally made his comeback and TOSSED Eddie out of the ring in an impressive display of power! Unfortunately, Show’s mistake was going outside to attack Eddie, as Guerrero crawled around the ring making Show chase him, limping all the way. Once Eddie had caught his breath, he tackled Big Show’s leg which caused the big man to topple over on the outside. Eddie then jumped up on the apron and went up to the top rope, and in an IMPRESSIVE feat, hit the frogsplash to the outside on Big Show’s injured leg! The impact caused Big Show to yell out in pain, and Eddie rolled back in the ring as the official eventually counted the Big Show out! So while it wasn’t a totally ‘clean’ victory, Eddie had stolen a victory from Show and used a dirty tactic in doing so!

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero by countout

(84 Overall – 88 Crowd, 78 Match)

ANALYSIS: Good ending, and a believable way of getting Guerrero the win without making Big Show look really bad. This was a hot match, as the fans were wanting Big Show to make a huge comeback despite his handicap. Plus, you know Big Show will want revenge on Carlito and Morgan after their attack earlier, so it all evens out.

Pre Match Warmup...

In the back, John Cena is warming up when Booker T walks in. The two do a little staredown before Booker offers his hand. Cena shakes it.

Booker T: We might be fighting at the Great American Bash, Cena, but for now, I respect you. I respected you last year, when you took me to the limit in the Best of Five Series.

John Cena: Yeah, dawg, that was a hell of a battle. At the Bash, we’re gonna make it even bigger.

Booker T: No doubt. But, this time around, things might end a little differently.

John Cena: I guess we’ll just see. Tonight, though, lets make an example out of those two wannabes.

Booker T: Now, I can dig THAT, sucka!

With that, the two exit and head towards the ring for the main event!

(82% Overall)

ANALYSIS: The face/face dynamic of Booker T and Cena could be interesting, and it will no doubt be highly competitive. Somewhat reminiscent of the Booker/Benoit feud from way back.

John Cena and Booker T vs. JBL and Kurt Angle

The crowd in Tuscon was electric for this match, and it showed. Four of SmackDown’s top stars took it to the limit, and Angle clearly wanted revenge on Booker for winning contendership last week. Meanwhile JBL seemed to be watching his back for Flair. The two heels went after Booker T as Cena watched on, waiting to get the tag. Booker eventually hit a belly to belly suplex on JBL out of desperation, and made it to the ropes to tag in Cena! Cena entered and the roof blew off the arena as he unloaded his punches on both heels. Booker revived himself and he and Cena double teamed Angle with Cena kicking Angle in the gut to set Booker T up for the axe kick! With Angle taken down, JBL tried to escape but Booker T brought him back into the ring just in time to be set up for the F-U! Cena got the pin and the victory for his team, and he and Booker celebrated in a showing of respect as SmackDown went off the air!

WINNERS: John Cena and Booker T via Pinfall

(86 Overall – 90 Crowd, 80 Match)

ANALYSIS: A STRONG tag team match that kept the hot crowd on their feet the entire time. While the match itself was cookie cutter tag team action, the energy was amazing for a TV match.

SHOW RATING: 78

High Points: Nearly all of the interviews, the tag main event, Rey vs. Akio round two...even Guerrero/Big Show delivered!

Low Points: MNM vs. Scotty/Moore, Heidenreich vs. Morgan

ANALYSIS: I’d almost say this was more of a filler show to keep things going while Raw has their PPV this week. Still, it was definetly a strong showing. Orton going to SmackDown will be good once Orton is able to wrestle again, which should be within one to two months. Meanwhile, we had the first ‘big’ trade and some great matches, with two GAT qualifiers that added two major players to the tournament.

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE Raw Presents... VENGEANCE!

Live on Pay Per View from Las Vegas, Nevada!

June 26th, 2005

Kenzo Suzuki vs. Robert Conway

Before the real show started, Kenzo Suzuki started his Raw career in the pre PPV show, facing Rob Conway in his debut match. Conway didn’t bring Grenier with him and wanted to win this match on his own. Kenzo, meanwhile, had new American Flag themed attire...guess he really loves ‘Ame-lica’ after all! Conway dominated a lot of the match due to Kenzo not having been in a WWE ring for a while. Conway did a lot more brawling than technical work in this match, but he couldn’t match Kenzo in that aspect...the Bronze Warrior made a big comeback with some brutal chops, taking Conway to the ropes! As soon as Conway was in trouble, Sylvain Grenier ran out to try to help his La Resistance partner, but he only created trouble for Conway! As Conway tried to whip Kenzo to the ropes for Grenier to hit Suzuki with the Quebec flag, Kenzo reversed the irish whip and Conway hit the ropes, right as Grenier was attacking! Conway felt the sting of the flag hit him, and was helpless as he walked right into the Faceclaw STO by Suzuki! Kenzo made the pin and got his first ever victory on the Raw brand!

After the match, Grenier tried to help his partner out, but Conway was extremely angry and pushed Grenier aside. He walked out on his La Resistance partner, signifying the end of La Resistance forever!

WINNER: Kenzo Suzuki via Pinfall

(72 Overall – 64 Crowd, 81 Match)

ANALYSIS: This match turned out better than expected, and afterwards, some of the road agents said that they meshed pretty well together. The time in development after his injury helped Kenzo out considerably though, and he can play the face surprisingly well.

The World’s Greatest Tag Team vs. Dean and Maven vs. Tajiri and Regal vs. The Dynamic Duo

The real opener of the show was the big elimination style tag team match, with the winning team facing the Heart Throbs later in the evening. Before the match begins, we see a pre match promo with each team!

William Regal and Tajiri

William Regal: Now, Tajiri, my boy, this is a big match for us. We’ve got to win this match to prove that we still deserve the gold.

Tajiri: *nodding excitedly and murmuring in Japanese*

William Regal: We’re gonna show all these bloody heathens just what kind of fire we can bring to the table, Tajiri! Especially those bloody fitness freaks, Maven and Simon Dean...they think they can talk trash, but when it comes to a good brawl, no one knows a back alley fight more than me!

Simon Dean and Maven

Simon Dean: Now, we’ve got a special treat for you, Las Vegas! Now, I know how you people work. You sit down at those slots, and you sit there for three, four days at a time! All that fat that sits there, and you’re too busy trying to get back all that money you lost at the poker tables! Well, you don’t have to let that depressing fate be yours! For a limited time, I’m offering the Maven System for a special one time low price of one hundred and fifty dollars! You get the shake, the video, the workout bench...the works! You won’t get this offer any other time, because tonight, Maven and myself are going to make history and become World Tag Team Champions! We’re going out there tonight with style, and we’re going to show you how the Maven System can work for you!!!

Maven: Hi, I’m WWE superstar Maven, and you might remember me from such classic moments as eliminating the Undertaker from the Royal Rumble! Winning Tough Enough! Or, more recently, kicking William Regal’s ass! And tonight, I’ll show you that Simon and myself can do the unthinkable...win two big matches in one night! You know how this is all possible?

Simon Dean: How’s THAT?

Maven: Because of the Maven System, that’s how! Tonight, we’ll show you why THAT...is guaranteed!

The World’s Greatest Tag Team

Charlie Haas: Whoo, do you FEEL that, Shelton? That’s the feeling of the World’s Greatest Tag Team being back in the headlines, one more time!

Shelton Benjamin: This is like a victory lap, and its crazy...I know I’m the Intercontinental Champion and all, but I’m putting that aside for now because me and Charlie, we’re making one more run at the titles. And tonight, we’ll prove to every team out there, from the Dynamic Duo to Maven and Dean to even the World Tag Team Champions, the Heart Throbs, that we’re STILL the World’s Greatest Tag Team!

The Dynamic Duo

The Hurricane: Citizens of Las Vegas! The Dynamic Duo is here once again to stop the tyranny that has taken over the tag division! The Heart Throbs are guilty of thievery, and tonight, their evil deeds will be thwarted by...THE DYNAMIC DUO!

Stacy Keibler: But Hurricane, what about the other three teams in the melee?

The Hurricane: Holy Melee, Stacy! You’re right! Roosevelt, whats your analysis?!?

Rosey: Hurricane, we’ve got this one under control.

The Hurricane: Well put, my trusty sidekick. To the ring!

And with that, we got to the match at hand. The rules were simple...all four teams were allowed out, but two men began. They could tag out to whoever they wanted to, teammate or foe. Once one member of a tag team was eliminated, both members of that team were eliminated. Simple rules, but this match became chaos right off the bat with all four teams brawling! Eventually, order set in and the first two men to start were Hurricane and Simon Dean. Dean put Hurricane through a workout of sorts, seeing if the super hero could survive his punching and kicking spree! Hurricane came back through with a flying cross body and went to work on Dean. He tagged in his tag partner, Rosey, who crushed Dean in their corner with an avalanche! Dean stumbled into the ropes, tagging Charlie Haas. Haas was fast and furious, attacking Rosey with a high-speed assault of rights and lefts. Haas tagged in Benjamin and they did a few outstanding double team maneuvers to keep Rosey off his feet.

Eventually, Rosey threw the InterContinental champion over the top rope, and tagged out to William Regal. Regal and Tajiri then went to the outside and attacked Benjamin, though Haas ran down to the floor to save his partner. Regal threw Benjamin back in the ring and Regal applied a sleeper to keep the high energy Benjamin off his feet.

Eventually, Benjamin powered out and pulled Regal off with a Fireman’s carry. Benjamin then tagged out to Maven, who desperately wanted a piece of Regal. Maven went to work on Regal, not holding back any punches. Maven and Dean did some double team maneuvers, trying to keep Regal from making a comeback. Eventually, he did though and made a hot tag to Tajiri who cleaned house with his roundhouse kicks! Dean was knocked out of the ring and Maven was knocked to his feet, where Tajiri waited to get one of his patented kicks in. Unfortunately for Tajiri, he was close enough to the ropes where Dean could grab onto his legs from the outside, and as Tajiri turned in the distraction Maven quickly snuck up and rolled the Buzzsaw up! Using the tights for leverage, Maven ended up eliminating Tajiri and thus knocking Regal and Tajiri out of the match!

Maven stayed in the ring, showboating and yelling at Regal as Regal and Tajiri left, but Maven didn’t see Hurricane perched up on the top rope! Maven turned and was hit with a blockbuster by the superhero! Hurricane made the pinfall, and as Dean tried to save his partner Rosey made the interception and thus the Dynamic Duo eliminated the fitness freaks!

That left two teams, the Duo and Haas and Benjamin. Haas got in the ring and he and Hurricane had a staredown before they locked up. After a fierce, quick-paced sequence, Hurricane tripped up Haas and took him to the ropes. He tagged in Rosey, who unleashed a lot of powerhouse offense on Haas. Rosey set Haas up in the middle of the ring after a sidewalk slam and tagged in Hurricane for Hurricane’s flying splash off the big man’s shoulders, but as they were setting it up, Benjamin ran to the outside and tripped up Rosey under the ropes! Rosey slipped and Hurricane came crashing down onto the turnbuckle! Benjamin hopped back up on the apron and yelled for Haas to tag him in...which he did! The hot tag was made and Benjamin unloaded fists of fury at Hurricane! He whipped him to the corner and came back with the stinger splash! But Benjamin was caught from behind with a big fist by Rosey, and this took Benjamin down to his feet, which set Hurricane up for his shining wizard! Hurricane made the attempt but Benjamin dodged it and jumped to his feet! As Hurricane turned around, he was caught in the exploder suplex! Rosey tried charging over but Charlie Haas re-emerged and clotheslined himself and the big man over the top! Benjamin covered Hurricane and the ref made the three count, awarding the number one tag team contendership to the Worlds Greatest Tag Team! Haas and Benjamin celebrated their big win, and as Hurricane and Rosey re-entered the ring, they extended their hand in a great show of respect. Haas and Benjamin accepted and shook their hands!

As the two team left, Hurricane and Rosey saw two hecklers sitting in the front row of the entry way, laughing right at them! With the cameras on them, we could easily see that these two men were, in fact, The Haters Club, Elix Skipper and Jayson Brown! They laughed at the losers, calling them various names out of pure hate! Hurricane and Rosey walked off and left the two men to laugh to themselves, not wanting any part of these guys.

WINNERS: The Worlds Greatest Tag Team via Pinfall

(77 Overall – 72 Crowd, 83 Match)

ANALYSIS: Very exciting, fast paced match and a great opener. The World’s Greatest Tag Team moves on to face the Heart Throbs later this evening, so that should be an interesting encounter!

Chris Masters vs. Viscera w/ Val Venis

The biggest Masterlock challenge that Chris Masters has ever made is happening here tonight at Vengeance...and as Val Venis and Lillian Garcia accompanied Big Vis down to the ring, the big man seemed willing and able to break the Masterlock here in the city of Sin! As Chris Master’s entrance began, he had a mic with him and seemed reluctant to come down to the ring.

Chris Masters: Whoa, whoa whoa. Viscera, I see what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to bring your new buddy and your girl here to throw Chris Masters off his game. Well, honestly? I don’t think you have the confidence to break the Masterlock here tonight! Just because you can hang out with some washed up “film star” and bag some two bit floozie like Lillian Garcia doesn’t mean you can hang with the Masterpiece!!

Viscera was angered at hearing that comment, and Masters just smirked in his cocky, arrogant way.

Chris Masters: But listen up. If you wanna bring your crew down, I can bring somebody down to back me up. And that’s what I’m going to do. I called up the guy who trained me, and made me what I am today, and he said he’d be HAPPY to watch on as I make you pass out to the Masterlock! So, Joe E, come on out!

And out walks Joe E. Legend, who joins him on his way to the ring. Legend is dressed up a bit, making it seem like he’s some kind of consultant or something. Masters slides in the ring and immediately Viscera attacks him, starting the match!

Masters tried many times to dominate the match, but couldn’t get the upper hand trying to brawl against Big Vis. Joe E. Legend then tried distracting Viscera by taunting Lillian on the outside, which gave Masters the chance he needed to assault Vis from behind with a sledgehammer blow! He then tried locking on the Masterlock, but he couldn’t lock Viscera’s arms and the big man pushed him off! Vis then went in for the kill, but Legend once more decided to get in the way by getting in Lillian Garcia’s face! Val Venis then started arguing with him, and Legend pushed Lillian down! Venis fired back by attacking Legend and the ref decided to get involved to break the two up on the outside. This gave Masters the opportunity he needed and he dodged a Viscera avalanche and pulled something out of his tights...he had brass knucks! Viscera turned around and Masters slammed the knucks right in his face, knocking Vis out cold. The ref turned around after Legend and Venis stopped brawling, and watched on as Masters actually locked the big man in the Masterlock! The ref checked on Viscera and found that he was knocked out, so he called for the bell! Venis slid into the ring but Masters escaped, and he and Legend walked off in victory as Venis tried to help out Viscera.

WINNER: Chris Masters via KO

(60 Overall – 63 Crowd, 56 Match)

(Joe E. Legend debuted his ‘sidekick’ gimmick, it worked well.)

ANALYSIS: The DUD of the show! Whoo hoo. Legend did debut as Master’s trainer and ‘consultant’, so at least Masters has a little more to his character now.

It’s Game Time.

In the back, Triple H is taping up his fists, preparing for his Hell in a Cell bout later in the evening.

Triple H: This is all about me tonight. Hell in a Cell...it’s my match. The World Heavyweight title... it’s my belt. And Batista... he’s my creation. There would be no Batista without Triple H. He’d be some nameless bastard in a sea of nobodies...no, it was ME who made him. And tonight, it will be ME who breaks him. Dave, you’ve played with fire and you’re going to find out just how much you can burn. You don’t know what I am capable of in that cell. Soon enough though, it’ll all flash in front of your eyes and you’ll realize you made a mistake trying to screw me over. It’s game time Dave...and your time is UP.

And with that, we get one of H’s signature angry faces as the camera cuts back to ringside.

(81% Overall)

ANALYSIS: I wonder how much of that about tonight being ‘all about’ Triple H is really true? Hmm. Typical intense promo by HHH, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing...just something we’re all used to by now.

This match came about when Victoria brought in her new ‘enforcer’ to take care of Christy Hemme, and Eugene made the save. Victoria and Snitsky had some pre match comments for Eugene and Christy.

Victoria and Snitsky

Victoria: Christy, Christy, Christy. I find myself a real man in Gene Snitsky, and what do you dig up? EUGENE? You’ve got to be kidding me. Then again, it all makes sense...the bimbo who doesn’t deserve to be on Raw teaming with the one wrestler who doesn’t deserve to be here, either! I guess that just gives us one more person to take out, right darling??

She looks up at her monstrous enforcer, who is smiling sadistically.

Victoria: Christy, I hope you’ve said your last goodbyes to poor Eugene, because tonight it will be all over for the poor boy. And when all is said and done, don’t blame us. Because it wasn’t our faults!

Eugene didn’t seem like his normal, happy self though. After Snitsky had entered the ring, Eugene came walking down in a furious manner, looking to start a fight! Snitsky laughed off this ‘threat’ but Eugene was dead serious – he attacked Snitsky with fists flying! Unfortunately, his offense might have caught Snitsky off guard, but it didn’t last for long. Eugene tried to hit Snitsky with his version of the rock bottom, but Snitsky blocked it and instead lifted up Eugene and dropped him with a chokeslam! He then set out to destroy Eugene, drawing major heat from the crowd who actually stood behind Eugene! Despite having the crowd, Eugene was no match for Snitsky, who finished the match off with a very powerful powerbomb to get the three count!

After the match, Victoria yelled at Snitsky to finish the job, and despite having won the match, Snitsky wasn’t done! Christy tried to save Eugene, but Victoria held her back and made her watch on as Snitsky lifted Eugene up once more and set him up for a powerbomb – this time aiming to throw him outside the ring! Snitsky dropped Eugene, who ended up going over the top rope and slamming onto the mat-covered floor on the outside. The fans all cringed as Eugene landed with a sickening thud, and immediately officials came out to check on him as Christy rushed over to see if he was okay. Victoria and her enforcer walked off laughing, proving that they were an unstoppable duo.

WINNER: Gene Snitsky via Pinfall

(71 Overall – 69 Crowd, 73 Match)

ANALYSIS: While this wasn’t a pure squash, it did help in re-establishing Snitsky as a beast in the ring, especially with a motivating force (Victoria). That, and Eugene will be written out a bit story-wise...we’ll see how that goes.

World Tag Team Titles The Heart Throbs © vs. World’s Greatest Tag Team

Benjamin and Haas looked ready to win the World Tag Team titles as they entered the ring for their title match against the Heart Throbs. Before the Heart Throbs came out, we got to see a clip made right before the match.

Joel Gertner and the Heart Throbs

Joel Gertner: Well, well, well. We finally get to test how great the World Tag Team champions are tonight, because the Heart Throbs will face the self proclaimed Worlds Greatest Tag Team. Face it, guys, you’re just pretending to be a team...Benjamin, you’re too concerned with the Intercontinental Title to be worrying about some schmuck like Charlie Haas, and Haas? You know you’re just trying to cling to Shelton’s success. Now, tonight, it’ll be time for the best tag team in the WWE to shine, when Romeo and Antonio make short work of the World’s Most Washed Up Tag Team. Afterwards, you know what we’ll do? We’ll head to all the best casinos and pick up all the finest women...and believe me, it WILL be a night of sin for the Heart Throbs!

With that, the Heart Throbs made their entrance, but as they entered the ring and started dancing with their titles, Benjamin and Haas wasted no time in attacking them to start the match! Haas and Benjamin started the match off in a big way, demonstrating some impressive double team moves that have been staples of their teamwork.

Of course, they were tired from the match earlier, which hurt them as the match went on. Romeo and Antonio decided to work on Haas, which was a surprisingly smart move for them to pull – he had been weaker after being in the tag melee longer than Benjamin. Once more, Benjamin was supposed to be the hot tag, but as Haas was making his comeback, Gertner decided to get involved and take Benjamin out of the picture. The IC champ went after Gertner on the apron, chasing him around the ring. The ref tried to stop the melee on the outside, but missed Antonio throwing Romeo one of the tag belts! As Haas got up, he was decked with the tag title, and as soon as the ref turned he saw Romeo covering Haas! Shelton was too late once he regained his focus on the match, as his partner had just gotten pinned by Romeo!

As the Heart Throbs danced their celebration dance with the titles in hand, Haas got up and seemed very angry with Shelton. Shelton tried to tell him it was an accident, but Haas didn’t want to talk to him. It seemed as if Haas was going to explode, but instead...he just shrugged his shoulders, and shook Benjamin’s hand. The two walked off and got a good ovation from the crowd.

WINNERS: The Heart Throbs via Pinfall

(75 Overall – 71 Crowd, 80 Match)

ANALYSIS: This help put over the Heart Throbs as a team, though they didn’t straight-up gain overness from the match. Good tag team match, and we see some dissention in the WGTT as well. Interesting!.

The respect match was next, and the fans knew they were in for a treat. They got more than expected though, as Jericho and Benoit put on a four to five star classic!

The two started the match off as a friendly competition, but things soon heated up after a series of german suplexes from Benoit! Jericho began getting more frustrated with Benoit, and began showing a more violent edge to boot. He stopped holding back and became more stiff, which caused the Crippler to get more violent as well. Soon enough, these two were going back and forth with non stop fury, which got the crowd going. Surprisingly enough, after Jericho began to show little respect for Benoit and began cheating at certain points, the fans started rallying behind Benoit, which peeved Jericho to no end. In fact, he was so thrown off by the crowd reaction that it caused him to become even more angered with his opponent!

Unfortunately for Jericho, he began making more and more mistakes than usual after becoming so angry. While he had been trying to work over Benoit’s neck throughout the match, he missed a crucial lion sault that turned the tides of the match. Benoit was back on the offensive, hitting the flying headbutt for a very close two count.

Benoit tried applying the Crossface, but Jericho then used a low blow which went unnoticed, and this caused the fans to really start getting negative; this match was not about respect any more! Jericho then set up for the Walls of Jericho, but Benoit was able to counter it and roll him up in a small package which actually got the three count! The fans went crazy after the pin, which surprised everyone INCLUDING Jericho.

After the match, the two stood as the fans gave them a round of applause for such a great match, and Benoit extended his hand for a handshake. At first Jericho seemed to not want any part of Benoit, but Benoit turned him around and Jericho caved in. He shook his hand... but that didn’t last for long. Jericho pulled him in and clotheslined him down, signifying the end of the ‘respect’ between he and Benoit! Then Jericho went to work attacking Benoit, not holding back one bit! The referees came down to try to break things up, but Jericho decided that the damage was done and that he had vented his frustrations enough. By the time that was over, the fans had completely turned on Jericho and his newfound attitude – and he could care less!

WINNER: Chris Benoit via submission

(96 Overall – 95 Crowd, 97 Match)

(Chris Jericho gained overness from his turn)

ANALYSIS: Considering they were given much more time than their past few encounters, this match definetly delivered and showed that these two can easily put on a clinic. Jericho also seemed more motivated than he has been, mostly because this is the beginning of a big heel run for him.

Kane and RVD vs. Edge and Christian

This was a big match due to the heated confrontations that were bound to happen – especially Kane and Edge. As both teams entered, Kane was the last to come out and ran out in pursuit of Edge. Edge, though, wanted no part in the Big Red Machine, and it was Christian who started the match against Kane. Bad move by Christian, who felt the anger of Kane. Of course, Lita was a heavy distraction on the outside, as she taunted Kane at every opportunity. In fact, Kane tried to go after her at one point, which made him lose his focus and get caught in a trap by E&C

The two then used their experience as a team to keep Kane isolated, and Edge got a lot of cheap shots in here and there out of disgust. RVD kept trying to get in, but was cut off by the ref, leading to more cheap tactics by E&C. At this point, it had looked like Kane had lost hope...

Not so fast, though! After a spear, Edge showboated a little bit instead of making the pinfall, getting in RVD’s face...bad move! Kane suddenly had a second wind and lifted himself up, and as Edge saw it, his expression turned from cocky to downright frightened. He tried to keep the big man down but Kane grabbed him by the throat and hit a chokeslam out of desperation! He was out of breath though, and both men were down...Christian tried to get Edge to come over to tag him, as RVD was also cheering his partner on. Edge made it to the corner and tagged in Christian, but too late – Kane had made the hot tag to RVD! RVD came in like a house of fire, taking out Christian and then Edge with his roundhouse kicks. He then went to the top rope, hitting Christian with a split legged moonsault, but that only got him a two.

The end was near, and as RVD looked to have the match won were it not for Lita. She tripped up RVD as he was going to go for the Five Star Frog Splash, pushing him off. He landed on the mat, and as he turned around, he was caught with a spear by Edge from out of nowhere! Kane then took Edge out of the ring, and the two brawled all around the outside of the ring, but he didn’t notice Christian pinning RVD for three! Thus, E&C stole a big one from the former World Tag Team Champions!

After the match, Edge escaped with Lita, but Christian was left for the vultures, as Kane decided to take his frustration out on Christian. Christian was hit with chokeslam and tombstone by Kane, and RVD even got his shots in with the five star!

WINNER: Edge and Christian via pinfall

(88 Overall – 89 Crowd, 88 Match)

ANALYSIS: The fans were treated for the second quality match in a row, and while this couldn’t beat the Benoit/Jericho match for quality, it certainly delivered. I’m just noticing now that there have been three matches decided on managerial interference...well, at least we have more managers these days!

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE HELL IN A CELL Batista © vs. Triple H

Trying to describe the mayhem that goes on in Hell in a Cell is no simple task. This match seemed to follow a similar format to the last HIAC Triple H was involved with, the match against Nash. Thus, there weren’t as many high spots (except the end, which we’ll get to), and the match was a brawl-fest. The difference here is that Batista is much more agile than Nash could ever dream to be, and thus he was able to put on a much more exciting brawl with Triple H.

The action was intense and both men were busted open midway through the match. Towards the end of the match, Triple H grabbed the sledgehammer and decided to take things outside the cage after being unsuccessful in a pedigree attempt. He then challenged Batista to be a man and head to the top of the cage! Batista accepted and the fans were on their feet as both men were risking life and limb at the top of the cell!

Triple H swung the sledgehammer at the first chance, but he missed and the hammer actually broke off of the handle on impact with the roof of the cell! Batista used this opportunity to clothesline Triple H, knocking the handle out of his hands. The action went back and forth until Triple H hit Batista with a kick to the gut and knocked the wind out of him. He then attempted to hit the pedigree once more, but Batista miraculously picked Triple H up and dropped him on his back! He then did the thumbs-down with his hands, signaling the Demon Bomb! He lifted Triple H up on the roof, and Triple H fought back by punching Batista in the face...

But he couldn’t escape! Triple H was dropped down with force on the top of the cage, and the roof nearly broke off with the impact! Batista covered Triple H and the ref, who had followed Batista to the top, made the three count, giving the huge victory to the World Champion!

Batista soaked in the cheers he got post match, and celebrated over the defeated Triple H on the top of the cage as the show faded out!

WINNER: Batista via Pinfall

(92 Overall – 99 Crowd, 77 Match)

(Triple H lost overness. World Title gained prestige.)

ANALYSIS: Batista’s Hell in a Cell debut proved to be quite successful, and if anything this played to his hard hitting style very well. Triple H lost overness most likely due to doing the job for the third time in a row, but that’ll play into his story, don’t worry.

SHOW RATING: 82

High Points: The last three matches, especially Benoit/Jericho and Hell in a Cell

Low Points: Masters vs. Vis

ANALYSIS: The three final matches made this event alone worth the purchase. Yeah, fans had to sit through Masters/Viscera (though they got to see the return of Joe E Legend to WWE TV!) and Eugene/Snitsky (which could’ve been worse), but the last three matches and even the opener to a degree, definetly delivered.

Alright, so my first PPV as a 'creative team member' has come and gone. It was pretty successful for a Raw PPV, if anything, but we still have a long way to go. Here are some news and notes from Post-Vengeance.

Sylvain Grenier Released (Via WWE.Com)

WWE has released Sylvain Grenier from his contract. We would like to wish him luck in his future endeavours.

Edited by ADDavis

Guest ADDavis

Oh, and before the Raw Preview, congrats to Corino and Witlon for being the closest to the real results in their predictions. This PPV was a bit predictable, I will admit, but then again...thats the 'E for ya. Though I will admit, their draft has been much more interesting than I expected...

But enough of that! Time for the Raw Preview.

Raw Preview (Via WWE.Com

Vengeance has come and gone, and we saw a ton of surprising events transpire last night!

Tonight marks the last night of the draft, and with two picks in one night, anything can take place!

Batista is still World Champion, and after defeating Triple H in a brutal Hell in a Cell match, we'll see what the champ has to say about retaining the belt! Also, will HHH be in attendance as well?

Also, we saw Edge and Christian narrowly escape with a victory against Kane and Rob Van Dam. Kane isn't done with Edge by a long shot, and he still wants a piece of Mr. Money in the Bank. Edge, though, still has his contract for the World Title...will he use it for Summerslam?

And we saw Chris Jericho brutally turn on his friend Chris Benoit after Benoit defeated Jericho in the respect match. Jericho has planned to discuss his actions in a special interview segment, but Benoit will be there and we're sure he won't be happy whatsoever!

In a rematch from last night, the Heart Throbs will defend the World Tag Team Titles against the Worlds Greatest Tag Team of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Haas and Benjamin came up short last night, but tonight they'll be fresh and hungry to win the titles. Can they show the Heart Throbs that they truly are the greatest tag team in the business?

Plus, Gene Snitsky will be in action after his terrible attack on Eugene that sent the lovable superstar to the hospital And "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters will team with his new consultant, Joe E. Legend, to face The Fighting Temptations, Val Venis and Viscera! All this plus more, on RAW IS WAR!

Good show and all, I only have one thing to say. Wouldn't "Joseph Legend" sound more like a fitting name for a type of business consultant? Unless his role is being played in a completely different direction than I'm imagining it as.

Guest ADDavis

Good question. I think character wise I see him being more of the sleazy agent kind of guy...I can't think of a direct comparison off the top of my head. I guess the closest thing i can think of character-wise would be the lawyer from the Simpsons, Lionel Hutz. Some kind of guy that is completely shifty and lies about nearly everything. Legend, though, won't be confined to an agent/manager role, he'll be wrestling too (Which is why i said he was Masters's "trainer" as well).

There's my two cent logic for ya.

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE Raw Is WAR!

Live from Anaheim, California!

June 27th, 2005

JR: Welcome everybody to MONDAY NIGHT RAW! We’re live from Anaheim, and let me just say that Vengeance was a huge event for the Raw Brand!

The King: There were some huge surprises last night...I mean, you had Batista retaining the World Heavyweight Title in the Hell in a Cell match, and he beat Triple H at his own game!

JR: The World Heavyweight Champion will be HERE in Anaheim to address his match, and that leaves you to wonder how Triple H feels about losing three times in a row to Batista now...

The King: Well, I’ve heard some rumors that Triple H has refused to show his face tonight, so I guess it must’ve sunk in for the Game!

JR: Folks, tonight is the final night of the Draft Lottery, and you know all hell is gonna break loose with TWO people being drafted over from SmackDown tonight!

The King: Anybody could come over...John Cena! The Undertaker! Kurt Angle! JBL! I mean...the possibilities are endless!

JR: We’ll also see the World Tag Team Titles on the line as the Heart Throbs defend against the World’s Greatest Tag Team in a rematch from last night! And directly from the tag match last night, we’ll see Christian one on one against Mr. Monday Night, Rob Van Dam!

The King: But JR! Check out who’s coming out...someone is not happy about last night!

Chris Benoit vs. ???

Chris Benoit’s music hit and the fans in Anaheim began to go nuts as the Rabid Wolverine walked out with an intense look on his face. He immediately called out Chris Jericho...

Chris Benoit: Jericho! You want to be a coward and attack me after I rightfully made you TAP OUT last night? Well I want you to come out here and face me like a man!

Well, someone came out, but it wasn’t Jericho...it was Eric Bischoff!

Eric Bischoff: Whoa there, Chris...Jericho hasn’t arrived in the building yet. You’ll have your redemption soon enough, BUT...since you’re out here, and in your wrestling gear no less, why don’t I let you vent your frustrations? In fact, I’ll let you face the next draft pick from SmackDown, right here right now!!!

Chris Benoit: You want me to fight the next draft pick? You’re on!!!!

Eric Bischoff: Well, then, let me introduce you to the fourth pick in the draft for Raw...ladies and gentlemen, he’s a former WWE Tag Team Champion and a former Cruiserweight Champion as well....he is CHAVO GUERRERO!!

OOOH CHAVOOOO! Nobody was expecting this one, not even Benoit! Chavo then slowly strutted his way out to the ring, and as he entered, Benoit wasted no time and attacked him! The match was on!

This was a good showing for both men, and got Chavo acquainted with Raw a bit. Unfortunately, Chavo was facing a very angry and determined Chris Benoit, once Benoit locked in the Crossface after a failed frog splash attempt, this match was over for the new Raw pick!

WINNER: Chris Benoit via Submission

(81 Overall – 80 Crowd, 100 Match)

ANALYSIS: Great match, and if anything maybe it showed up the rest of the show a bit TOO much, as you’ll see soon. This actually gave Chavo a huge rub, and that you’ll also see later on...a strange choice that no one probably expected but if anything, its an experiment...we’ll see how it goes!

A Message From Y2J

As Benoit ended the match, Chris Jericho walked out from the back with a mic in hand, clapping in a prick-like manner. The fans started chanting “YOU TAPPED OUT” to Y2J, who just shrugged them off.

Chris Jericho: Great victory, Ben-oyt! Way to prove that you’re “4 Real”! But seriously...you probably are mad about last night, and to that I say...who cares? Who EVER has cared about you, or what you have had to say? I mean, Chris, I’ll be honest...I’m sick of your little ‘pity party’. “Oh, I’m Chris Benoit! I’ve worked too many damn years now and I’m finally getting taken seriously!” Give me a break...just who WAS it that won the Undisputed Title a couple of years ago and defeated the Rock and Steve Austin in one night? That was me, Chris! And yet, people still feel the need to harp about your accomplishments. Face it, I’ve always been the more talented one. I have more charisma, I have more talent, and I damn sure have the better looks. And if I have to prove it to you once more, I’m willing to! I’ll take you on any day of the week, you little jackass!

Chris Benoit: You’ll take me on any day? Well how about right here, RIGHT NOW?!?

Chris Jericho: Whoa whoa whoa. Any day...EXCEPT tonight. I mean, c’mon, I don’t even have my gear tonight. I don’t need to perform in front of an ANAHEIM crowd, after all...I’ve gotta keep some class here, you know? But you know what? Sometime down the road, I will face you again, and I guarantee that I will defeat you fair and square. And—

Chris Benoit: Well I didn’t come here tonight to listen to you talk...I came for a fight, and if I have to come up there right now...I’m getting one!

Suddenly Benoit slid out of the ring as the crowd cheered him on, watching as Jericho simply stood on the ramp without moving. He started backing up as Benoit charged up the ramp, and as Benoit got within a close distance of Jericho, he was suddenly blindsided by two... Ninjas???? Two guys in all-black gear and covered masks attack Benoit and tear him apart as Jericho cheers them on. As the camera gets closer, you can see JERICHOHOLIC NINJA #1 and JERICHOHOLIC NINJA #2 written on their backs...

JR: Those two masked men just jumped Benoit out of nowhere!

The King: That must be Jericho’s personal security! Wow, JR, I knew he was a huge rock star and all but this really proves it!

JR: Oh would you quit? This is a hideous attack set up by Chris Jericho!

After they’ve had their kicks, the two masked goons walk off with Jericho, as the fans give Y2J a piece of their mind!

70% Overall)

(Jericho and Benoit lost a bit of overness!)

ANALYSIS: I guess people would’ve rather preferred a highlight reel or something for Jericho tonight, but either way...the feud continues, and it seems Jericho has two ‘guards’ now...but who are they? Interesting development...

Simon Dean vs. Tajiri

Simon Dean came out with Maven in tow, but as Tajiri was making his entrance, William Regal ran out to take Maven out of the equation! This became a one on one bout, which Dean wasn’t planning on, and Tajiri made the most out of this match. Without his backup, Dean was left helpless against the Japanese Buzzsaw, who finished things off quickly with his high-impact kick to the face! Tajiri got the pin and the big victory on Raw!

WINNER: Tajiri via Pinfall

(69 Overall – 66 Crowd, 88 Match)

ANALYSIS: It seems we have a ‘show from hell’ tonight after opening with the very strong Benoit/Chavo match...ugh. With the matches coming up, I don’t see the rating being very good for this show.!

A Word With Edge...

Edge is in the back with Lita in tow, as they have an interview with the (injured) Coach!

The Coach: Edge, last night you and Christian stood victorious against the Big Red Machine, Kane, and RVD. Now, the question is, what’s next?

Edge: Well, first things first. Kane, I told you that you’d be in trouble if you tried taking me on, and even in a tag team environment, I proved that you’re NOTHING compared to me. You can bring your buddy RVD, but it doesn’t make a difference. At the end of the day, I’ve got the girl, I’ve got the contract, and I’ve got a World Title shot headed my way. Speaking of that shot, I’ve been thinking about it...and while I wouldn’t mind waiting and saving it up for a guaranteed Wrestlemania title shot...you know, something inside of me just tells me that maybe, just maybe...I should use this contract a little sooner. Summerslam is the next big event, and what better time for me to finally gain what I rightfully deserve? Now that Triple H has proved that he’s not capable of winning the World Title anymore, its time for me to step up and take down the Animal once and for all. Next week, I’ll make my decision on whether or not I’ll be using this Money In The Bank contract...but rest assured, Batista? You’ll be the first one to find out!

85% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Solid promo by Edge, looks like he wants to use his World Title shot for Summerslam...

Gene Snitsky w/ Victoria vs. Steven Richards

Weird continuity match here, as Richards and Victoria used to be aligned at one point. Richards tried asking Victoria to ditch Snitsky for him, but Victoria let Snitsky do all the talking for her – he destroyed Stevie, and basically this ended up being a glorified squash match. After Snitsky took the victory, Victoria stood by her new man, as she watched Richards struggle to get up. She even got a kick in, further adding insult to injury!

WINNER: Gene Snitsky via Pinfall

(61 Overall – 64 Crowd, 72 Match)

ANALYSIS: Poor Stevie. Hate jobbing him out, but really...that’s all he can do at this point. Maybe he can pull the total Barry Horowitz and get a big win at some point, gaining a huge underdog face reaction or something...but I don’t see that happening right now. At least he makes his opponent look good, to say the least!

The Fighting Temptations (Viscera/Venis) vs. Chris Masters and Joe E. Legend

This was Legend’s debut, and he seemed to be in good shape. He and Masters got along pretty well and looked to be somewhat cohesive, but Viscera and Venis had a little more experience as a team, so they had the upper hand. Legend ended up taking a lot of hits towards the end of the match, and it looked as if Viscera and Venis would win this one easily, but Masters got tired of waiting and decided to take action, coming in with a chair and belting Viscera with it! He then slammed the chair into Val’s head, knocking him off the apron. Masters revived his trainer and consultant, and the two double teamed Viscera. Then, Lillian Garcia tried pleading with them to stop, but Masters had another idea...He locked Garcia into the Masterlock! The officials tried to get him to stop, and he finally broke the hold after a few second, leaving Lillian lying on the mat! Masters and Legend walked off, getting quite a bit of heat in the process.

WINNERS: The Fighting Temptations via DQ

(59 Overall – 64 Crowd, 68 Match)

ANALYSIS: Blah, not a great match. We need to really get a weekend TV show going so this stuff isn’t always having to be put on Raw.

Haas and Benjamin Are Ready!

The InterContinental Champion is lacing up his boots in the back, when his tag team partner Charlie Haas approaches him.

Charlie Haas: Alright, man, you ready to win the titles tonight?

Shelton Benjamin: Yeah, they got us last night but those little dance-happy fools are gonna get taken down once and for all.

Charlie Haas: Yeah, just make sure you don’t leave me out to dry like you did last night...

Shelton Benjamin: Look, man, will you get off my case? It was one mistake...one. I was distracted by Gertner, and I won’t let that happen tonight!

Charlie Haas: We can’t afford to make mistakes! For gods sake, Shelton, we’re the World’s Greatest Tag Team, we have to live up to the name...just because you’ve got the whole InterContinental Title thing going for you doesn’t mean you should forget your roots all of a sudden...

With that, Charlie exits and Benjamin is left looking a bit confused as we go to a commercial break.

69% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Dissention in the WGTT? Hmm...

World Tag Team Titles: The Heart Throbs © vs. The Worlds Greatest Tag Team

Joel Gertner accompanied the Heart Throbs out for yet another title defense, once again against the Worlds Greatest Tag Team! He seemed quite nervous, as his team would be facing a fresh WGTT tonight, but none the less the champs seemed as clueless as ever as they danced their way out to the ring. The WGTT made their way out and wasted no time going after Romeo and Antonio! It looked as if the former tag champs had this one in the bag, but once more Joel Gertner made sure that his team didn’t lose this one so quickly. His constant interference became a thorn on the side of the World’s Greatest Tag Team, and once more Shelton decided to go after Gertner to teach him a lesson! The problem was that this allowed the Heart Throbs to regroup, and they dumped Haas over the top rope before turning their attention to Benjamin. As Benjamin hit Gertner with the Exploder in the ring, he turned around to receive a double superkick via Romeo and Antonio! This move put it away for the Heart Throbs, as Romeo covered the IC Champ for the three count and once again the stolen victory! Haas stood on the outside, frustrated with his partner, as the Heart Throbs celebrated by dancing all the way to the back...Haas slid into the ring, and as Benjamin tried to figure out what happened, Haas had none of it – he viciously attacked Benjamin from behind! Haas then locked in the Haas of Pain, and didn’t let go until the refs came down and pulled him off! The fans then booed Charlie as he walked off with a sadistic look on his face, as the refs checked on the IC champ in the ring!

WINNERS: The Heart Throbs via Pinfall

(70 Overall – 74 Crowd, 82 Match)

(Haas gained overness from his turn. The Heartbreakers also gained overness.)

ANALYSIS: And finally, we get the Charlie Haas heel turn. The former tag partners collide! Interestingly enough, this turn mimicked the Owen Hart heel turn from wayyyyy back, except minus the whole ‘kicking the leg out of his leg’ thing. So, it looks like we’ll have our upcoming IC Title feud for Summerslam, and it looks promising to say the least.

Christian Speaks!

Christian is in the back with Tomko, and he is warming up before his bout with RVD.

Christian: This is an emotional night for me, Tomko. I bet its even an emotional night for the peeps...cause it is Captain Charisma’s FINAL night on Raw!

Tyson Tomko: How do you know that?

Christian: I have no doubt that I’m going to be one of the final two draft picks this Friday on SmackDown. I mean, its my destiny to go over there...the WWE Title calls me! John Cena is jealous, Booker T is wetting himself thinking about how he’ll have to play second key to me yet again...oh man, the suspense is just KILLING me. As for tonight, though, I get to clean the ring with RVD in my final Raw match. Man, of all the times I’ve faced him, I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten the picture yet...I mean, he’s just not in my league, Tomko! He found that out last night why you don’t mess with the E & C Connection, and tonight? He’ll see what happens when you try to stand up to the Peep Army...

Tyson Tomko: What’s that?

Christian: Simple. You either get on the train, or you get under it! Hah, isn’t that awesome? I’m so clever...c’mon Tomko, lets go.

With that, they head off to the ring.

84% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Could this really be Christian’s LAST Raw promo and match? Either way, it was a nice promo and a good boost for tonight’s show, as it seems to be lacking match-wise.

Christian vs. Rob Van Dam

The two men who met many times for the Intercontinental Title a couple years ago faced off in a great main event that the crowd was very much into. Mid-match, Edge came down to the ring with Lita in tow to ‘watch’ the match, though it soon became apparent what his agenda was. As RVD set up for the Five Star Frog Splash, Edge made his entrance, hitting RVD with the Money In The Bank briefcase! The ref called for the DQ, and Edge and Christian then double teamed Mr. Monday Night with Lita taunting from the sidelines.

That’s when Kane made his entrance!

The fans were on their feet when the pyro went off and the Big Red Machine came plodding down to the ringside, with murderous intentions! Edge and Christian bailed, but they weren’t who Kane was after – he went after Lita! She tried escaping, but Kane grabbed her by the hair! The fans were cheering Kane on, and he made sure he knew Edge was watching as he grabbed Lita by the throat! Before he could lift her up for the chokeslam though, Edge came back into the ring and slammed the briefcase into Kane’s back, causing him to drop Lita. He then tried to lunge at Edge, but Edge escaped and took Lita with him! Edge, Christian, and Lita all backtracked up the entrance ramp as Kane and Edge yelled back and forth! Edge vowed revenge as we went to a commercial break!

WINNER: RVD via DQ

(82 Overall – 84 Crowd, 100 Match)

ANALYSIS: Like the opener, this was a strong pairing. The other matches, though, helped lower the rating for this one and thus, it doesn’t look as good as it should. Still, good match with two guys who aren’t in the Raw World Title scene.

The Final Draft Lottery Pick!

Batista came out to a thunderous ovation from the crowd, and as he walked out dressed in a fine suit with the World Heavyweight Title draped across his shoulder, you could see the battle scars from last night’s grueling Hell In A Cell match. He walked down to the ring and grabbed a mic.

Batista: Well, I fought the devil, and it looks like I came back alive...and STILL the World Heavyweight Champion! Triple H, I know you’re not here tonight, but listen up. Last night was a hell of a match. And if anything, you took me to my greatest limits...I respect that. Any time down the road you want a shot...I’m willing to face you, any time, any place. But it’s time to move on. It’s time to face the next challenger, and I’ve been hearing some rumors as to who wants the next shot. Frankly, I don’t mind...I’ll defend my title any time, and anyone in the back can find out why they call ME the Animal!

Suddenly, out of nowhere...

The King: JR! Listen to that music!

JR: IT’S KURT ANGLE!

The Olympic Gold Medalist came out to a very surprised crowd in Anaheim, and he had a giant smile on his face. Batista even looked somewhat confused. Angle made his way down to the ring, grabbing a mic of his own.

Kurt Angle: Dave Batista! The World Heavyweight Champion...well, in case you’ve been living under a rock, let me just fill you in...you’re standing in the ring with a bonafide OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST. I know, its crazy! I bet you can’t believe your eyes!

Batista: Kurt Angle. You know, I really don’t care much, but may I ask why you’re down here on my time?

Kurt Angle: Actually, if anything, you’re on MY time, Batista. See, I’m officially the FINAL pick of the draft. And you know what? Now that I’m on Raw, this main event slot...its mine for the taking. I mean, no offense, kid, but you better be getting used to this...your Olympic hero deserves no less!

Batista: Oh really? Well, do you see this title, Kurt? It’s the World Heavyweight Title. This is Raw, Angle, not SmackDown...this is where the real competition is. And if you think you can come right onto Raw and try to take me down...well, obviously you didn’t see Hell in a Cell last night, did you?

Kurt Angle: Hell in a Cell? What do you think I am, some kind of barbarian? I’m a WRESTLER, not a bar room brawler. And as a true wrestler, you better believe that within a split second, I’ll snap your ankle and make you tap! OH its true, its damn true!

Batista: Not before I snap your back in half with a powerbomb! Now THAT...my friend... is true.

Kurt Angle: That’s it, you’re getting on my last nerve!

Angle gets in Batista’s face, but the World Heavyweight Champion doesn’t back down! Suddenly, Angle throws a punch! The fight is on! The two go back and forth, neither man getting a clear advantage, and the fans are on their feet cheering for Batista! Batista pushes Angle back to the corner and comes in with a clothesline that rocks Angle! Batista then gives the signal for the Batista Bomb, but as he pulls up Angle, the Olympic Hero picks him up by the waist and executes a takedown! Angle then goes for the Angle Lock, and successfully applies it to Batista, but the champ pushes him off! By now, the road agents have poured out of the back in order to break this up, but the two men are still trying to go after each other as Raw goes off the air!

92% Overall)

ANALYSIS: A very hot ending to Raw, as we now see Kurt Angle entering Raw and looking to get a shot of Batista! The fans were hot for this one, and the draft lottery has definetly stirred up some major drama here, as Batista/Angle is a very fresh match.

SHOW RATING: 75

High Points: The Angle/Batista brawl, Benoit vs. Chavo, Christian vs. RVD

Low Points: Venis/Viscera vs. Masters/Legend, Snitsky/Richards

ANALYSIS: This might’ve been a solid card without some of the filler in the middle. Another show that opens and ends hot, but just seems dull in between. Angle and Chavo are interesting additions to Raw though, and we’ll see who is taken over to SmackDown this Friday!

Edited by ADDavis