WWE: The '05 Draft And Beyond

Guest ADDavis

Guest ADDavis

Before we get a SmackDown preview, its time for just a note from Raw...

Chavo Gets Heavy Praise At Raw (Via WrestlingInsider.com)

Last night at Raw, Chavo Guerrero, who was Raw's fourth draft pick in the draft lottery, got huge praise after his match with Chris Benoit. Chavo has been seen as a very underrated talent by many staff members and in going to Raw, they seem to be trying something different with the former Cruiserweight champ. Either way, he is very over as a heel and his match with Benoit proved that, as the crowd was very hot for the match. No one is sure of what kind of angles await Chavo, but needless to say, he seems to be on the rise in the WWE.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE SmackDown!

Live from Sacramento, California!

July 1st, 2005

Michael Cole: Folks, welcome to SmackDown! I’m Michael Cole, and along with my broadcast colleague Tazz, we’re going to see a HUGE show tonight, with three titles on the line!

Tazz: Cole, I can’t believe it...Tonight we’re gonna see the Wrestlin’ God, JBL, take on the Nature Boy Ric Flair for the US Title!

Michael Cole: And MNM has promised to put their WWE Tag Titles on the line in yet another tag team challenge...

Tazz: Plus we got two more Great American Tournament Qualifiers, and yo...Cole, I hear the numba’ one contenda’ Booka’ T is gonna be on Carlito’s Cabana!

Michael Cole: That’s right! And we’ve heard some big rumors about the WWE Champ, John Cena...these rumors involve him facing the FOURTH draft pick tonight in a special open challenge! But first, we’re gonna start the show off with Paul London defending his Cruiserweight Title against an opponent that, apparently, JBL chose!

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Paul London © vs. ???

JBL’s chosen competitor happened to be a man debuting in the WWE after a very successful showing at ECW One Night StandSuper Crazy! London was surprised, but was ready to defend the title nonetheless. The match itself was quite competitive, and Crazy looked to be in amazing shape. Crazy almost had the match won, but London moved out of the way before Crazy could hit his famed moonsault, and London finished the match with an incredible 450 splash! After the match, London and Crazy shook hands in a showing of respect. As the cameras cut back to JBL, the “Wrestling God” looked very, very angry that his chosen cruiserweight lost the match!

WINNER: Paul London via Pinfall

(72 Overall – 52 Crowd, 92 Match)

(The Cruiserweight Title gained Image!)

ANALYSIS: A good debut for Super Crazy, and a good match in general for the cruiserweight division. Since Crazy was a huge face, the crowd was torn so obviously the match was a bit hurt in that respect.

Carlito’s Cabana with Booker T!

The Cabana was set up and Carlito welcomed his guest, the number one contender, Booker T! The man who will face John Cena at the Great American Bash came out to a nice pop, and Carlito took no time in questioning him...

Carlito: Booker T, mang, what makes you think you can really beat John Cena at the Great American Bash?

Booker T: Look, I respect John and all, but I know the guy’s style all too well. I’ve beaten him before, and at the Bash, I’ll be ready to do it again...do you dig THAT, Carlito?

Carlito: Oh really? Well even if you do become the WWE Champion, let Carlito tell you something. See, after Carlito wins the Great American Tournament, Summerslam will be my big time to shine. I will get the WWE Title Shot, and whether its you who is champion or whether it is John Cena...I will be the WWE Champion after all is said and done. And that, mang...that is cool.

Booker T: Whoa whoa whoa...TELL me you didn’t just say that. Tell me you didn’t just say you could beat Booker T...

Carlito: I believe you heard me right, mang. See, being a former five time WCW champion, that’s alright and all...but that’s not cool. Carlito winning the US Title in his debut? Now THAT is cool. And when I win the Great American Tournament and win the WWE Title? That’ll definetly be cool.

Booker T: You know whats cool, Carlito? When I smack that fro off your head in a second...that’ll DEFINETLY be cool!

Carlito: Jyooooo wanna fight ME, Booker?

The two get in each other’s face, but Carlito starts to back down as Matt Morgan steps in.

Carlito: Not now, Booker. Later tonight, though? Carlito will be happy to finish ‘jyoo off.

Booker T: Alright, sucka, you’re on!

Thus, the match is made for later tonight!

(76% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Just an interview segment...now that I think of it, wasn’t Booker the last guest on the Cabana? Oh well.

Great American Qualifier: Rene Dupree vs. Mark Jindrak

The French Phenom made his big return to SmackDown, facing Mark Jindrak for a spot in the Great American Tournament! Jindrak had a little advantage in the power department, but the sneaky Dupree used his quickness to his advantage, and eventually finished the match with a cobra clutch slam for the victory!

WINNER: Rene Dupree via pinfall

(70 Overall – 67 Crowd, 74 Match)

ANALYSIS: Very very lacking match, not that I was expecting much...but Dupree is now in the Great American Tournament, which seems like an odd fit for the French Phenom...

Rey and Eddie Brawl!

We go to the back where we see Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio brawling in the backstage area. Officials are trying to break it up in the back, to no avail. Mysterio gets the upper hand, throwing Guerrero into the chain-link fence near the production area. Guerrero trips Mysterio up though, and Mysterio falls into some boxes. The officials finally restrain the two men, and Mysterio tries to lunge at Guerrero to no success. Guerrero tries to backtrack, yelling back at Rey before escaping.

Eddie Guerrero: I will beat you Rey! I am not scared of you esse!

(87% Overall)

ANALYSIS: This is definetly becoming a heated feud...when these two finally do square off once more, its going to be a huge match.

John Cena vs. ???

The WWE Champ came out to a huge ovation, and he made a challenge to the next person to come to SmackDown in the Draft, thinking it would be the man he wants to shut up for good – Christian! Well, he didn’t get Christian...but he did get Christian’s protégé, Tyson Tomko!

Yes, Tomko was the fourth person drafted from Raw! Cena seemed more prepared for Christian than Tomko, but nonetheless he stood his ground and the impromptu match took place! Tomko dominated early on, but Cena made a big comeback and hit his usual arsenal of big moves before nailing the FU to seal the victory!

WINNER: John Cena via Pinfall

(71 Overall – 76 Crowd, 60 Match)

ANALYSIS: Tomko?!?!? Yeah, weird choice, I know...but believe me. There’s a big reason for this. Anyways, not a great match, but that’s believable...Cena isn’t the one to carry somebody in the ring yet.

Great American Qualifier: Billy Kidman vs. Funaki

The second Great American Tournament Qualifying match saw Kidman taking on Funaki in what was a high flying encounter! Funaki looked as if he could’ve picked up the victory, but once more, Chris Nowinski ran out from the back and helped Kidman by tripping up Funaki! As Funaki took his eye off the match, he was rolled up from behind by Kidman who put his feet on the ropes to get the three count!

WINNER: Billy Kidman via Pinfall

(67 Overall – 62 Crowd, 72 Match)

ANALYSIS: This was pretty much move-for-move like their Adrenaline bout a long time back. Though this time, the Nowinski move is going to be explained soon enough.

The WWE Tag Team Champs Speak!

MNM is in the back with Melina, who is on her cellphone talking to some random person...

Melina: Look, of course we’ll be at the afterparty! When are we not? Don’t get all pissy, Lohan! Look, hold on, I’ve gotta talk for a second...

She puts the phone down for a moment.

Melina: We told you people that MNM is still the best tag team in the world, but you refuse to believe us. So you know what? We’ve made a challenge to all the most successful tag teams, and tonight? One more team will take up the MNM Challenge. And I promise you this. My guys can take on any team, and they’ll always end up on top. Face it...we’re beautiful, we’re famous, and it doesn’t matter if you love us or hate us, because our fifteen minutes of fame will never end! So, lets get this over with, boys.

She leads her team off to the ring for the next match!

(76% Overall)

(Melina and Nitro Gained Overness!)

ANALYSIS: And slowly but surely, MNM is getting over. Each promo is getting better, so that’s nice to see.

WWE Tag Team Titles: MNM © w/ Melina vs. ???

MNM came out to their glitz and glamour entrance, and awaited the next challengers for the titles...Suddenly, out came Jim Cornette, who hadn’t been seen on WWE TV for a very long time!

Jim Cornette: So, MNM, you pretty-boys think you know tag team wrestling, huh? Well, let me be the man to teach you guys a lesson. See, before you brats were born, there was a team that tore up the tag team ranks all over the globe. These guys knew the meaning of great tag team wrestling, and they were one of the best damn tag teams to ever step foot in the ring! Tonight, they’re here, and they’re going to answer your little ‘challenge’... So ladies and gentlemen, allow me, the great Jim Cornette, to introduce... Ricky Morton... Robert Gibson... THE ROCK AND ROLL EXPRESS!

The Rock and Roll Express came out to a decent reaction from older fans in the audience, but the majority of people didn’t know who they were. Apparently neither did MNM, who wasted no time in attacking the legendary tag team. Morton and Gibson put up a closer fight than expected, but the younger Mercury and Nitro prevailed and hit the Snapshot on Gibson for the victory and the successful defense! Afterwards, MNM decided to throw respect out the window and attacked Morton, putting him in the Snapshot as well! They sent a message to a very angry Cornette, who vowed that he wasn’t finished with MNM!

WINNERS: MNM via Pinfall

(67 Overall – 63 Crowd, 71 Match)

ANALYSIS: The one time shot to put over MNM didn’t work exactly like expected, but it was mostly a filler week if anything.

Booker T vs. Carlito Caribbean Cool

The number one contender faced off with Carlito in a close bout, but even Matt Morgan’s presence at ringside couldn’t deter the determined Booker. The former WCW champion wasn’t impressed by Carlito’s constant mockery, and made sure to teach him a lesson he’d never forget! Morgan tried to interfere, but Booker was too quick and before anyone knew it, put Carlito away with the axe kick for the victory! After the match, Morgan attacked Booker and put him in the F5, but before he could hit it, out came Morgan’s opponent at the Great American Bash – The Big Show! Carlito and his bodyguard ran off before Show could make it to the ring, but they vowed revenge!

WINNER: Booker T via Pinfall

(78 Overall – 82 Crowd, 70 Match)

ANALYSIS: Decent match. That’s all.

WWE United States Title: Ric Flair © vs. JBL

This match was a brawl from the beginning to the end. JBL tried to out-play the Nature Boy, but Flair was surprisingly on top of this match, and in the early going had JBL caught off guard. Layfield got tired of playing games though and started manhandling Flair with his power move arsenal, and several times it looked as if JBL could’ve won the bout. Each time, though, Flair kicked out, showing his tremendous will to fight. The Nature Boy made a big comeback after hitting JBL under the belt, which went unnoticed by the ref. Flair then worked over the leg and set up for the Figure Four, but it was Muhammed Hassan who ran in and attacked before the move could be applied! Hassan’s attack triggered the DQ win for Flair, but it didn’t matter as Hassan and JBL wanted Flair to suffer!

WINNER: Ric Flair via DQ

(80 Overall – 88 Crowd, 62 Match)

(The US Title Gained Image!)

ANALYSIS: We’re not done yet...

The Save!

As the two put the boots into Flair, suddenly the lights went out and some familiar music played...

#Time to play the Game...

JBL and Hassan looked up in shock as they saw a very unexpected guest appear in the entryway – Triple H! The Game had a look of anger on his face as he ran down to the ring with sledgehammer in hand, ready to attack! JBL and Hassan quickly escaped before HHH could attack, and Triple H attended to Flair. HHH then got on the mic before the Cabinet could leave.

Triple H: Hey, Bradshaw. You want to mess with Flair? Well you mess with him, you mess with ME. And now that I’m SmackDown’s fifth draft pick, I’m going to make the rest of your life a living hell!

The show ended with a shot of JBL’s frightened expression as the fans started cheering Triple H!

(93% Overall)

(Triple H gained overness from his face turn. JBL also gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: And the last pick for SmackDown happens to be the Game. Interesting development, and it looks like we’ve got a feud set up between HHH and JBL. But HHH is a face? Interesting indeed...Great segment though, and the crowd was really surprised which made for an excellent end to the draft!

SHOW RATING: 75

High Points: Triple H’s first appearance on the SmackDown brand

Low Points: The two GAT qualifiers and the MNM/RnR Express Match

ANALYSIS: Definetly seemed like a filler show up until the end. With two more SmackDowns till Great American Bash, it seems like the focus of the shows are going to be the Great American Tournament and a couple major feuds that have been set up. While Tomko wasn’t a big pick, Triple H seems to make up for that.

Edited by ADDavis

Guest ADDavis

Alright, so the draft is done. While I had planned to do one or two more trades, I'm actually content with what we have down now. I plan on doing a few debuts here and there before Summerslam, as I've done some hiring and, in some cases, some rehiring.

So now, we're going to see how everything plays out with these big roster changes. Some of them might be complete DUDs, and others might inject new life into the brands. Either way it should be an interesting ride.

So, since we're keeping track with all the moves, here are the updated rosters, post draft.

user posted image

WWE Raw Is WAR!

Main Event:

Batista (World Champion)

Chris Jericho

Chris Benoit

Kurt Angle

Upper Midcard:

Christian

Edge

Kane

Rob Van Dam

Midcard:

Antonio  (World Tag Team Champion)

Charlie Haas

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Masters

Danny Basham

Doug Basham

Eugene

Gene Snitsky

Kenzo Suzuki

Maven

Rob Conway

Romeo (World Tag Team Champion)

Rosey

Simon Dean

Shelton Benjamin (IC Champion)

Tajiri

The Hurricane

Viscera

William Regal

Val Venis

Lower Midcard/Openers

Elix Skipper

Jayson Brown

Joe E. Legend

Steven Richards

Managers/Divas/Non Wrestlers

Christy Hemme (Diva/Manager)

Eric Bischoff (GM)

Ivory (Diva/NW)

Jerry Lawler (NW/Announcer)

Jonathan Coachman (Manager/Announcer)

Lita (Diva/Manager)

Stacy Keibler (Diva/Manager)

Trish Stratus (Diva/Manager, INJURED)

Victoria (Diva/Manager)

Edited by ADDavis

Brillient diary, I love both brands to no end. While reading through the page I was actually in high anticipation to read the JBL/Flair match and what a surprise ending! I never saw it coming even though I read the Triple H trade in your sig :) Can't wait till the next show - Hoping to see more from the Haters because I'm obsessed with their character.

Guest Crossface

I have a suggestion.

How about you delete the draft picks in your sig,cause it ruined my anticipation to the draft picks and i guess to other readers too.

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE Raw Is WAR!

Live from Sacramento, California!

July 4th, 2005

Charlie Haas and the Heart Throbs vs. Shelton Benjamin and the Dynamic Duo

Raw started off with a six man tag pitting former partners Haas and Benjamin against each other! Benjamin went after the man who turned on him last week at every chance, but Haas stayed away from Benjamin to draw some major boos from the crowd. Antonio and Romeo, meanwhile, were completely enthralled with themselves but made sure to get some damage on the former World Tag Team champs, Hurricane and Rosey. The Heart Throbs took care of Hurricane, but Benjamin came after them and took them on one on one. While all this happened, Romeo tagged in Haas who went right after Rosey and locked him in the Haas of Pain! Benjamin tried to make the save, but the Heart Throbs held him back as he watched Rosey tap out! Haas escaped as a frustrated Benjamin hit the exploder on Antonio and then Romeo, and vowed revenge!

WINNERS: Charlie Haas and the Heart Throbs

(63 Overall – 68 Crowd, 73 Match)

ANALYSIS: Ugh. Show from hell, so that means everything will be thrown off tonight. I don’t know if I agree with that happening on this show, but either way, the match was decent.

Eric Bischoff Interview

After that exciting bout, the GM of Raw came out to talk about tonight’s edition of Raw! He seemed someone mad about the loss of Triple H, but nonetheless kept his composure.

Eric Bischoff: Well, the draft has come and gone, and I’d say that Raw got some exciting new talent. Granted, that Teddy Long might think he’s a hot shot because he got some of my biggest stars, INCLUDING Triple H, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, and Randy Orton...but you know what? I’m Eric Bischoff, and I’m better than that. I hope they make it out of that ridiculous SmackDown brand alive. Because here on Raw, things are in control! So, what now, you ask? Well, there’s the issue of SummerSlam. Who will face Batista for the World Heavyweight Title? Edge has tonight to decide if he’ll use his Money in the Bank title contract to face Batista for the title. Then there’s Kurt Angle, who made the challenge last week. And there’s a horde of other contenders for the belt...But that’s then. Tonight? I’ve made a special tag match for the main event. Tonight, Edge and Christian will face the World Heavyweight Champion Batista....and KANE! That’s right, we’ll let Edge tell Batista face to face whether or not he’ll be meeting him at Summerslam! So, enjoy the match and enjoy another amazing edition of Raw!

(83% Overall)

ANALYSIS: So we have a tag match to end the night. Things are heating up in Sacramento...unless, of course, this crowd totally kills it. Bleh.

Val Venis vs. Joe E. Legend

The singles debut of Chris Master’s personal image consultant, Joe E. Legend, didn’t go as well as he would’ve liked. The veteran, Val Venis, made short work of Legend and dispatched him with the Money Shot for the three count! It was after the match though that things really heated up, for Chris Masters came out and locked Val in the Masterlock once again! Viscera didn’t come to save Venis, though, and Masters brought his consultant to the back after enough damage was done.

WINNER: Val Venis via Pinfall

(63 Overall – 65 Crowd, 78 Match)

ANALYSIS: Decent debut and all, but it won’t be that memorable. Plus the weird show atmosphere tonight hurt the match a ton. Basically, the crowd just didn’t care.

The Haters Do The Hating

JR and King begin talking about the draft’s successes, but suddenly a video cuts in out of nowhere. Sitting in some movie theater seats are Elix Skipper and Jayson Brown, the Haters Club!

Elix Skipper: Oh man, whats been up with Raw tonight? I mean, come on...this is getting too EASY to hate on.

Jayson Brown: Oh, too true my brothaaaaaa! I mean, look at what Raw has to offer. Lets talk about those two clowns that think they’re comic book freaks... The Hurricane and Rosey. WHAT IS THE DEAL?

Elix Skipper: I think its time to give our Hate Diagnosis on these two suckas. Rosey? Lets get real for a second...Who the hell thinks they’re hard with a name like Rosey? The only Rosey I know is Rosie O’Donnell, and just like you, punk, she’s a fat nobody!

Jayson Brown: Oh, oh, oh, PLEASE, my brothaaaaaa!!! The hate! It’s too much!

Elix Skipper: I’m sorry. I’m gettin’ ahead of myself. See, I can’t overlook the Hurricane. The kid who can’t seem to figure it out...you’re nothing. You dress up like a little five year old, with your cheap cape and your five cent mask –

Jayson Brown: HATE HATE HATE!

Elix Skipper: – and you call yourself a hero. Well, you can save all the damsels you want, but face it. You couldn’t save your own career if you were Superman!

Jayson Brown: See, the Haters Club is comin, ya heard? We don’t play games with punks like you. When we finally decide to show up, the WWE will be changed forever. Cause you can hate us, but believe me...we’ll ALWAYS hate you more!

Elix Skipper: I feel you, J-Brown. I feel you.

And with that, the video feed cuts and the two Raw announcers are left pondering what those two are planning.

(72% Overall)

(Skipper and Brown gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: Hah, I love writing for these two. I don’t want them to debut yet because of the Heart Throbs push, but when they do show up they’ll be a pretty interesting team.

Kenzo Suzuki vs. Chavo Guerrero

Kenzo came out waving the Red White And Blue on this special July 4th night, but Chavo didn’t care about the jingoism – he wanted to win the match! And while Kenzo had the match won at a couple of points, it was Chavo who ended up getting the win via a roll up and grabbing of the tights! Hey, a victory is a victory, and Chavo took one where he could get one!

WINNER: Chavo Guerrero via Pinfall

(67 Overall – 70 Crowd, 81 Match)

ANALYSIS: A match to bide the crowd over and to give these two something to do (and also milk the July 4th thing with Kenzo, which is an obvious WWE move) but again, while the crowd seemed to like it more than the other two matches before it, they just didn’t care.

The Highlight Reel!

If anything could get the crowd riled up, its definetly The Highlight Reel! Chris Jericho came out, accompanied by his two Jerichoholic Ninjas and made a true rockstar-like entrance.

Chris Jericho: Its time once again for all you losers to bow down your heads and worship YOUR Ayatollah. I’ve decided to grace your presence here tonight because tonight, I have a very special treat for you. See, I could easily impress you all by playing another one of Fozzy’s award winning music videos...but I won’t!

This gets a pop.

Chris Jericho: Yes, I know you ALL love Fozzy, but lets be real for a second. None of you will EVER amount up to the greatness of my band!

And...the cheers go to boos.

Chris Jericho: None of you will EVER be like me. Quite frankly, you won’t amount to being anything remotely resembling me. You can’t be charismatic like me, you can’t be successful like me, and you can’t be as TALENTED as me! All you can ever hope to be is someone who gets lucky once and then relives that one moment for the rest of your pathetic life. Just like Chris Benoit!

The crowd pops big for Benoit’s name.

Chris Jericho: Benoit, you think you can truly come after a man of my stature? Just because you did the “unthinkable” at Wrestlemania twenty doesn’t mean you have the BALLS to really take Chris Jericho off his pedestal. Face it, Ben-oyt, your fifteen minutes are up! You’re history...you’re the plucky underdog of last year and now? You’re OLD NEWS. And—

It doesn’t take long for the Crippler to come out to a HUGE pop. Before Benoit can make it down to the ring, the Jerichoholic Ninjas step in front of Jericho, protecting him from any attempts of harm.

Chris Jericho: Whoa whoa whoa! Hold on there, junior. You know what? I know you want a shot at Chris Jericho. While that might be career suicide...I’ll offer you this deal. You can have another match with me – you can have that match you’ve been wanting to get ever since I kicked your ass last time! BUT. You have to do one thing. Next week? You have to beat the Jerichoholic Ninjas in a handicapped match!

The crowd boos, but Benoit grabs a mic as he walks up the ringsteps and slowly enters the ring.

Chris Benoit: Well, its reassuring to see that you’re still the cowardly, pretentious JACKASS I’ve always known you to be! You want me to beat those two clowns next week? Fine! I’ll do it. I’ve been up against much bigger odds, and I’ve prevailed. I’m not afraid of two guys who can’t even show their faces! So next week, we’ll see how your challenge stacks up...and when I beat them and come this close to kicking your ass again, we’ll see if you can really PROVE. ME. WRONG!

Then, Benoit throws the mic down and attacks the Ninjas! He throws one of them over the top rope, and as the second comes at him he floats around and locks him in a German Suplex! Jericho tries to sneak up behind Benoit, but the Crippler is too quick, and attempts to lunge at Jericho. The first Ninja grabs Jericho’s leg from the outside and pulls him under, saving him from Benoit. Benoit then stands in the ring, ready for a fight, as Jericho and his ninjas run off!

(81% Overall)

ANALYSIS: This is becoming one of my favorite feuds so far, if anything just to have the old heel Jericho back in the thick of things.

Gene Snitsky w/ Victoria vs. ???

Christy Hemme promised Victoria she would find someone to take down Gene Snitsky, and as Victoria’s enforcer came down to the ring, it seemed like this might be a hard task for Christy. But she came down to the ring with a big smile on her face, and with a mic in hand.

Christy Hemme: Victoria, you think you can win by getting the biggest guy you can find? Well two can play that game, bitch! See, I went out and I found one of the baddest men on the planet. This man has been in every major federation... WCW, ECW, and yes...he was even here in the WWE! And he’s making his comeback tonight to kick Snitsky’s ass! Oh, PERRY, why don’t you come out to play???

The fans looked up and out came... Perry Saturn! Certainly an interesting return, if anything, but Saturn wasted no time coming down to the ring and going right after Snitsky! The big man attempted a running boot to the face, but Saturn blocked it and hit a surprise Three Handled Credenza to get a very quick pinfall on Snitsky! Saturn looked to do more damage after the match, but Victoria saved her enforcer before anything more could take place. Saturn and his new valet celebrated in the ring after the successful victory, and Hemme had gotten a measure of revenge against Victoria!

WINNER: Perry Saturn via Pinfall

(54 Overall – 64 Crowd, 63 Match)

(Gene Snitsky lost overness)

ANALYSIS: The atmosphere of tonight’s show DEFINETLY hurt this, but seeing Saturn back is a good thing in my eyes. I always thought he was underrated and got put in many stupid angles in WWE, and I think WWE could play on the fact that the guy saved a woman who was about to get raped and then got shot for his troubles. Of course, his neck surgery was the reason that this match was kept short, and he’s got to work off the ring rust before he works any longer matches, but I think he’ll be a good addition to the roster.

Hype Video

After Saturn’s return, viewers were treated to a video hyping the return of another star – this time, one who hadn’t been away for that long! We see some clips of Rob Conway losing and getting angry at his former La Resistance partner Grenier before Conway’s voice comes in.

Rob Conway: I’m sick and tired of being the ‘traitor’. I’m sick of being the “French Sympathizer”. I’m sick and tired of being the fall guy... La Resistance is done for, and “Robert” is no more. I’m Rob Conway, and soon, I’ll show everyone just who I really am. I’m an accomplished mat technician – one of the best in the world. I could defeat anyone in that ring...ANYONE!

Close up on the smug face of Conway.

Rob Conway: Get used to this face. Get used to this voice. And more importantly...get used to Rob Conway. Actually, on second thought? You can call me ... Mr. Wrestling. Get used to it!

(70% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Looks like Conway’s gonna get a gimmick overhaul, which is desperately needed...the guy is very talented, and being called a “French Sympathizer” every week won’t really make your career skyrocket. So, looks like he’s gonna be built up a little. We’ll see where this goes.

Regal and Tajiri vs. Dean and Maven

This was a big match for Regal and Tajiri, who have wanted to shut up Maven and Dean for weeks on end now. The match was back and forth and the crowd? Didn’t really care. That didn’t stop the match from being pretty good, and while Maven thought he was going to win the match with a powerbomb, Tajiri caught him with the green mist and reversed the move into a hurricaranna to get the three count! Regal and Tajiri got a big tag team victory and celebrated as Maven blindly shoved Dean away on the way to the back.

WINNERS: Regal and Tajiri via Pinfall

(63 Overall – 67 Crowd, 76 Match)

ANALYSIS: Simply put, just a tag match to get Regal/Tajiri over as a team and a match to also end the ‘mini’ feud these two teams had. As much as I’d like to see the “Maven System” angle get over, I don’t really have room to push it right now. Not to say we won’t see Maven and Dean doing interesting things...I have an idea for Dean, personally.

The E-C-K Reunion?!?

Christian and Edge were in the back for a special interview with Todd Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Edge and Christian, tonight you have a major task at hand – you must defeat the World Heavywe—

Christian: Hold on. I want to say something! See, Captain Charisma was SCREWED last week! I told everyone it was my last match on Raw, and what happens? MY PROBLEM SOLVER GETS DRAFTED?!? And then I didn’t even get TRADED? They’re out to get me! I’m convinced! It should’ve been me, but at the last second, I was screwed!

Edge: Hey! Shut up for a second, and realize this. If anyone in the WWE has been more screwed, its been ME! I’ve been constantly overlooked for the World Title, and tonight? I’ll show Batista just who he should really focus on for Summerslam! Not Kurt Angle, not ANYONE else...just ME!

Todd Grisham: So...does this mean you’re going to use the Money In The Bank Contract to face Batista at Summerslam?

Edge: What the hell do you think, chumpstain??

Christian: Yeah, Chumpstain!

Edge: Tonight, I’ll let Batista know first hand – by pinning him in the ring. And then—

Suddenly, Edge sees someone walking into the picture. That man happens to be Kurt Angle!

Kurt Angle: Well, long time no see, bud.

Edge: What the hell are you doing here?

Kurt Angle: Whoa! Calm down, I mean...whats gotten into you lately? Stealing other people’s wives...I mean who do you think you are?

Edge: Well, you’re one to talk, Mr. Stephanie McMahon. And need I bring up that whole Sharmell debacle...

Kurt Angle: HEY! Not cool, okay? Look, I was just coming in to say good luck. Remember when we used to be a team?

Christian: Team E-C-K, baby! Whoo!

Kurt Angle: Right! Christian’s got it. We were on top of the world! Don’t let your ego get in the way of remembering the good times.

Edge: Don’t tell me to do a damn thing, Angle! I know what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to walk in and take the title match that I rightfully deserve! Well your days of running in on my life are OVER. I make my own destiny now, and you can’t do a damn thing to screw me over!

Edge then walks off, as Christian and Angle are trying to figure out whats going on with Edge.

Kurt Angle: ...whats his problem?

Christian: Hell if I know.

And with that Christian walks off.

(85% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Another fun group to write stuff for. It’s especially fun due to the changed dynamic of the group...Edge has become paranoid, Angle’s motives are sketchy, and Christian is Christian.

Kane and Batista vs. Edge and Christian

If the crowd was hot for one match all night, it was this one. This one was a very heated affair, especially any time you had Edge and Kane in the ring at the same time! The World Champ and Kane seemed to work fine together to get their goal accomplished, but E&C aren’t about jokes anymore...they were all business! Their main objective was to take out Batista, but it seems that Kane wanted a piece of Edge more than ever! Luckily Edge was smart enough to leave Lita behind tonight! As Edge and Batista brawled in the ring, Kurt Angle came out to watch the World Champion up-close. Of course, with Angle, watching is not enough! Angle eventually got involved, grabbing a chair and looking to attack Batista. After a ref bump, he slid into the ring and waited for Batista to get up. Simultaneously, Edge was waiting to get the spear on Batista as well! Batista got up, and seeing Angle with the chair, he moved, and Edge ended up spearing Angle! Batista made the hot tag to Kane, and as Edge got up and tried to figure out what happened, he turned around and got just what the doctor ordered – a CHOKESLAM! The fans were on their feet as Kane got the pin and the three count on the so-called number one contender, as Christian looked on from the outside in dismay! After the bout, Edge got in Angle’s face and the two heels nearly went at it before Kane and Batista attacked! They layed the heels out and posed for the crowd’s delight to end the show with a bang!

WINNERS: Batista and Kane via Pinfall

(73 Overall – 86 Crowd, 76 Match)

ANALYSIS: The ‘night from hell’ atmosphere hurt this, but the crowd was still hot for it. So, that’s reassuring. And we got some major Angle/Edge tension!

SHOW RATING: 70

High Points: The E-C-K reunion!

Low Points: Saturn/Snitsky

ANALYSIS: Well. That was...interesting. Not a good show by any means, and you’ll see in the next Raw that I plan to cut a story or two out. I think it basically suffered from too many storylines in one show, which is exactly the reason I NEED a third show soon. I’m hoping we get a tv deal that I requested for on UPN, if anything just to give us the third show we need. This is just so we don’t have to expose everyone on one show...

Guest ADDavis

EDIT: When i uploaded this earlier it only uploaded the first segment. Here's the whole thing.

user posted image

WWE SmackDown!

Live from Sacramento, CA!

July 8th, 2005

The Meeting Of The Minds

SmackDown begins with, who else? John Bradshaw Layfield! JBL comes out accompanied by Muhammed Hassan, Khosrow Daivari, and Orlando Jordan – the three other members of his Cabinet. As the Cabinet enters the ring, JBL immediately gets a mic.

JBL: For an entire week, I’ve tried to figure out why Triple H has decided to come over to my show – SmackDown! See, I thought it was common knowledge...Raw could be his show, and SmackDown mine! We all went our separate ways and did our separate things, and in the end, I would just happen to be the better ratings grabber. But apparently, after this damned draft, that is not the case! Triple H has decided to step on my turf. Well, as much as I thought about it, I realized one important thing. Just like that washed up nobody that I faced last week, Ric Flair, Triple H is officially... a has-been!! That’s right! I mean, look at the last three big matches he was in – all against Batista, right? Match number one, Wrestlemania. He loses. Match number two, Backlash. He loses! Match number three, hell in a cell... his last chance at redemption! HE LOSES. Triple H, if you were the same man you used to be a couple years ago? You wouldn’t have lost any single one of those matches! But, as I said. You’re not what you used to be. You’re in no way, shape, or form the man who could dominate the ring anymore. You’re a shell of a man, who hides behind another shell of a man...and at least he has a belt right now!

The fans are giving JBL their mind by booing him. Muhammed Hassan then takes the mic, but not before Daivari takes his time to scream at them.

Muhammed Hassan: You know, Triple H reminds me of your typical, ignorant, obnoxious American...excluding those who defy the norm, such as my associates Mr. Layfield and Mr. Jordan, of course. But Triple H? He is obsessed with proving that he is the ‘game’ – that he still has what it takes – when really? He’s yesterday’s news. He’s not capable of winning the big one anymore, and he can hardly settle for even getting a win! It’s pathetic! But what is worse than being a loser and not knowing it? Trying to be exactly like a man who has no RIGHT to claim he’s ever been a sixteen time world heavyweight champion!

The crowd WHOOs, knowing that Hassan is referring to Flair.

Muhammed Hassan: See, Ric Flair might be the United States champion, but he’s clinging on to that belt for dear life. That belt is his last leg. Flair, you know what I plan to do? I plan to take you down. If you’re the representation for the prejudice and bigotry that are the United States, then I am going to systematically destroy you. I am going to tear down the walls of hate, and end your CAREER! And then, that leg has been cut off, and the “legendary” Ric Flair will be no more. Like Triple H, he’ll have nothing to cling to, nothing to hold on to, and nothing he can –

#Time to play the GAME....

The Cabinet turns around to see Triple H making his entrance, with his mentor Ric Flair at his side! The two are dressed in their finest attire, but they aren’t out to spend their night on the town...they’re here to let JBL and Hassan know their business!

Triple H: Boys, I’ve got to hand it to you. For two guys who talk about being “wrestling gods”, you manage to – at BEST- come off sounding more like total jackasses. JBL. I’m going to start with you, since you found it so delightful to try to mess with the Game. See, Raw was my show. I had a damn good thing going over there. But times have come and gone, and so have my ties to Raw. See, I respect Batista. I’ve thought about those three matches many, many times...and I’ve realized that he’s a hell of a competitor. If I can’t beat him, he may just have things going his way right now. I wouldn’t think any less of a man who used to run with the best in the business. You know who I have NO respect for? You two assholes. See, first you mess with me by attacking the man who I respect the most in this business – Ric Flair. You try to take the title he won fair and square, and you try to snatch it from him. Guys...you don’t know Ric Flair very well. You can’t take a title from Ric Flair. Cause he’ll keep coming back, and back, and back again, and more likely than not, he’ll get it back. Unlike you guys, who will one day be struggling to jumpstart your careers, Ric Flair has adapted to the changes in the industry. They don’t call him the Dirtiest Player in the Game for nothing!

WHOOO! The fans go nuts for Flair, who is standing proud at this moment.

Triple H: And you two clowns are going to find out very soon that Triple H is the same eexact way. I’ve found new hunting grounds on SmackDown, and as a wise man once said...to be the best, you’ve got to beat the best. You’re the “best” SmackDown has to offer, JBL? Fine. Consider the hunt ON, and consider yourself the target!

Ric Flair then takes the mic from Hunter, and looks Muhammed Hassan straight in the eyes.

Ric Flair: You want to talk about surviving in a world of hate, boy? Hassan, until you start winning some titles and making yourself out to be SOMEONE, you have no room to talk. Sixteen times, this industry has found out why Ric Flair is the NAY-TCHA BOY! WHOOO! I’ve seen ‘em all in my years. Guys just like you and JBL. The self proclaimed wrestling gods who, by the end of the day, get turned into hopeless nobodies! If you think you can take me one on one, I’d say go right ahead. Challenge me, Hassan! Prove that you can stand up to REAL competition!

JBL: Whoa, whoa, WHOA! See, this is the problem. You two think you can walk all over us because of your ‘past’ accomplishments. Get the picture! The Cabinet is the present; Triple H, Ric Flair, Evolution, the Horsemen, DX, whatever the hell else you two had going... that’s the PAST. I’d be more than happy to prove that to you two right here, right now...

The fans go nuts, wanting a big match for tonight.

JBL: ...but I’ve got other matters to attend to. And Mr. Hassan here has his debut match tonight. But you know what? If you want a piece of the Cabinet, Triple H, next week...you’ll GET a piece of the cabinet! Hell, go ahead and make your SmackDown debut! Next week...Triple H will go one on one with ... Orlando Jordan!!!

The fans boo at this copout, and even OJ looks a little confused.

Muhammed Hassan: That sounds like a surefire victory for the Cabinet! Hah! But I have to admit, JBL. I want more. I want to see what the ‘old news’ can do in the ring. I want to end the careers of both Triple H and Ric Flair, and kill two birds with one stone!

JBL: Now hold on there, Hassan. See, you’re not the only one who wants to put these two out of their misery. Triple H! Listen up, and listen up good. If you can make it past my chief of staff next week, then you know what? I’ll let you TRY to take down the Wrestling God. At the Great American Bash, we can have a little ‘meeting of the minds’... It’ll be myself and Muhammed Hassan, against you and Ric Flair in a TAG BOUT! How does that sound for you, huh?

Triple H: How does that sound? It sounds too easy to me, what about you Ric?

Ric Flair: Hunter, my man, this is music to my ears and another victory on my record... WHOOOOO!

And with that, Triple H and Flair leave as the Cabinet seems none to amused with their statements...

(83% Overall)

(Triple H loses a bit of overness, while Muhammed Hassan gains some.)

ANALYSIS: Well, the dynamic has changed a bit on SmackDown now that you have HHH coming in and playing a face, no less.

Great American Qualifier: Super Crazy vs. Spike Dudley

Super Crazy faced ‘Da Boss’, Spike Dudley, in his second match on the SmackDown brand. The result? A very successful match that qualified Crazy for the Great American Tournament! While it wasn’t a squash match, it didn’t take terribly long for Crazy to put away with youngest Dudley with the Trifecta Moonsault for the victory!

WINNER: Super Crazy via Pinfall

(67 Overall – 62 Crowd, 73 Match)

ANALYSIS: These two didn’t really blend as well, but that’s mostly because I don’t really consider Spike that much of a true ‘cruiserweight’.

Interview with HBK

Shawn Michaels is being interviewed in the back by Steve Romero.

Steve Romero: Shawn Michaels, you’re almost on your way back to action after taking some time off, but how do you feel the draft has changed your plans for the future?

HBK: Well, Steve, I’ll be frank with ya. At first, when I got drafted over here to SmackDown, I was excited. You know why? Because it put me on the same show with the man who I think I truly deserve a rematch against – Kurt Angle. See, he got the big win at Wrestlemania and I’ll give him all the credit in the world. But thunder won’t strike in the same place twice. He knows that down the road, the rematch WILL happen. I think he’s honestly scared...and so he gets the big break he needs and gets drafted to Raw. Not a big problem, because I’ve learned to become a patient man. That time will come – the time when we have to once again square off in the ring. I look forward to that, Kurt. If you’re watching out there, and I KNOW you are...know one thing. When we square off again, it will be HBK who will stand tall at the end of the match.

HBK then gives a serious look to the camera, knowing Angle is watching on, as we go back to the ring.

(81% Overall)

Rene Dupree vs. Hardcore Holly

This singles bout featured two men who have qualified for the Great American Tournament already – and two men who may end up facing each other somewhere within the tournament itself! The match itself went back and forth, and it looked like either man could pick up the win. In the end, though, it was Holly who countered out of Rene Dupree’s cobra clutch slam and put the French Phenom in his own special maneuver – the Alabama Slam! Holly covered for the pinfall and picked up a big win on his way to the Great American Tournament quarter finals next week on SmackDown!

WINNER: Hardcore Holly via Pinfall

(73 Overall – 68 Crowd, 79 Match)

ANALYSIS: Decent mid-card match.

Interview with Billy Kidman and... Christopher Nowinski?

Josh Matthews is in the back with one of the Great American Tournament qualifiers from last week, Billy Kidman! Kidman is accompanied by Christopher Nowinski, who was last seen on the Raw brand.

Josh Matthews: Billy Kidman, last week you won your way into the Great American Tournament, but it was due in part to the help of someone from Raw – Christopher Nowinski! Why is he here with you?

Christopher Nowinski: Whoa whoa, hold on just a second Matthews. Just like our time on Tough Enough, you’re once more trying to make me look like the bad guy in this situation! If you’d just listen to me for a second, you’ll understand whats going on! See, the people over on Raw, they never respected my abilities. That’s why people over on that brand tried so hard to get me out of the WWE! They made things dangerously unsafe over there, and as a result, I was injured...there is the chance that I may never even wrestle again! That won’t stop the only Harvard graduate in WWE history, though. See, I’m coming back with a vengeance...Teddy Long signed me to an exclusive SmackDown deal, and I’m going to start my takeover of the WWE – beginning with the cruiserweight division. I met Billy Kidman, who is a cruiserweight legend here on SmackDown, and believe me...he respects my intelligence. He knows that with a man like me in his corner, he is UNSTOPPABLE! That is why Kidman will make his leap from the cruiserweight division to the heavyweight division when he runs through the competition in the Great American Tournament. It all starts next week, when he faces the winner of this next match...either Orlando Jordan, or the Cruiserweight Champ, Paul London! We’ll make short work of whoever ends up in our path, and excellence WILL be achieved. That, Josh Matthews, is just another lesson from SmackDown’s ONLY Harvard Graduate!!

(70% Overall)

ANALYSIS: I think Nowinski will make for an excellent manager since he technically isn’t able to wrestle at this point. Its better than just using him whenever they do the voting campaign...

Great American Qualifier: Paul London vs. Orlando Jordan

The Cruiserweight Champion had a great challenge ahead of him, facing the former US champion Orlando Jordan for a spot in the Great American Tournament! Jordan dominated most of the match, and even taunted London by doing moves straight out of Triple H’s moveset! But Jordan underestimated his opponent, and London countered a pedigree attempt with a hurricaranna! London then took to the skies with his always-impressive 450 splash for the three count and the huge upset victory! Post match, London celebrated, but this brought out Billy Kidman and his new manager Chris Nowinski, who went to work attacking the Cruiserweight Champion! Kidman left London down and out and added insult to injury by hitting London with the shooting star press!

(75 Overall – 70 Crowd, 80 Match)

ANALYSIS: Interestingly enough, London’s underdog act and amazing workrate has gotten him to an impressive 80 overness. While I don’t think he’s upper-midcarder material yet, this is a great thing for him as we need someone strong leading the cruiser ‘revolution’ on SmackDown!

The MNM Challenge?

MNM came out with the WWE Tag Titles and their usual cockiness, ready for yet another MNM Tag Title Challenge match! Melina got on the mic and called the next team out.

Melina: Alright, my boys Mercury and Nitro don’t wanna wait any longer to see who we’re facing tonight. I don’t care if you think you’re one of the greatest teams in the world...odds are, you could never defeat US! So who wants to try to take the titles?

They waited on their response, and when music finally hit, they were none too happy...

#Get up, Get up, Get up, DROP THE BOMBSHELLS!

Thus marked the return of the Dudley Boyz!!! D-Von and Bubba Ray Dudley ran down to the ring to a huge pop, making their post-ECW return to SmackDown! MNM was completely surprised by this comeback, and they immediately attacked the Dudleys upon their entrance! The Dudleys fought back, and Bubba managed to toss Mercury, leaving Nitro alone to face his fate – the 3-D! Mercury and Melina pulled Nitro out of the ring after he took the dreaded move, and they vowed revenge as they ran off. The Dudleys made it clear to them, though – next week on SmackDown, they’re taking the gold!

(71% Overall)

ANALYSIS: Yup, the Dudleys are back, and they are face again. Due to the whole ECW thing, I’m not really going to mess with the Dudleys right now since they’re always popular in their typical role. Maybe in a few ‘months’ when they start going stale in the tag division, I might try something, but right now, they’ll play the faces to MNM’s heel act.

Heidenreich vs. Muhammed Hassan

Muhammed Hassan made his SmackDown debut, facing the massive Heidenreich! Hassan made it clear that he didn’t want to be Heidenreich’s friend, which made the friendly giant quite angry – he took his frustration out on Daivari first, and then turned his attention to Hassan! Heidenreich dominated early on, but Hassan used his quick thinking to trip up Heidenreich and quickly worked on the neck before hitting the inverted STO and getting the pinfall! Hassan and Daivari then put the boots to Heidenreich before Ric Flair came running down to make the save, wanting a piece of the arrogant Arab for himself! Hassan and Daivari managed to run off but let Flair know that he has the Nature Boy’s number!

WINNER: Muhammed Hassan via Pinfall

(70 Overall – 72 Crowd, 67 Match)

ANALYSIS: Lousy debut for Hassan, but not a terrible match by any means. His heel heat saved the match, and being in the ring with HHH and Flair at the Great American Bash should help him out considerably.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Rey Mysterio was not in the building tonight, so Eddie Guerrero decided to put on a match in order to show Rey just how easily he was going to run through the Great American Tournament! Eddie took his opponent lightly, as he had no idea that Scotty 2 Hotty would actually put up a fight! The former WWE Tag Champion put up MORE than a fight, and actually nearly upset Guerrero at the beginning of the match with a close two count roll up! This caused Eddie to lose his temper, and the former WWE Champion then got quite serious with this match. He aggressively attacked Scotty 2 Hotty before Scotty could hit the Worm, and Eddie then his every move in his arsenal – from the suplexes to the Frog Splash – before putting Scotty away with the Texas Cloverleaf! Scotty tapped in no time, and Eddie made sure Scotty felt more than enough pain before letting go of the move after the match!

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero via Submission

(84 Overall – 78 Crowd, 90 Match)

ANALYSIS: Wow, surprisingly interesting bout. I’m planning on doing something with Scotty’s character, I just need to figure out when to do it. He and Eddie mesh well in the ring, though.

Cena Has Company...

John Cena was in the back, talking about his Great American Bash bout with Booker T, when he got an unexpected visitor...the man who had just come from the ring, Eddie Guerrero!

Eddie Guerrero: Ey, Champ! Did you see that? Did you see how Eddie Guerrero handles his business?

John Cena: Eddie Guerrero. How am I not surprised...looks like you’ve got a lot going on right now.

Eddie Guerrero: Cut the crap, esse. I just want you to know one thing. You might be facing Booker T this week, but whoever is champ – whether its you or Booker – better watch out. See, holmes, Eddie Guerrero is making his big comeback. I’m not going to be a one time champion...I’m going to be the man once again. The Great American Tournament will be my time to shine, and you know what? No one...not you, not Booker, not even Rey MYSTERIO...can stop me! Cause no one...and I mean NO ONE... can handle the heat!!

John Cena: Is that so? Well check it! Yeah, me and Booker? We’re gonna cut another classic in the ring at the Bash. But I plan on coming out on top. And then? If you end up facing me once again, I’ll give you two things to think about when you’re lying on the mat, looking up at the lights – F-U! Now... oh my god, LOOK! It’s Rey Mysterio!

Eddie quickly turns around and sees no one. We hear laughter from Cena, who is getting a kick out of the joke.

John Cena: ...but I don’t think I’m the man who should be on your mind, aight?

Cena then walks off as Eddie looks furious!

(94% Overall)

Carlito and Matt Morgan vs. Booker T and the Big Show

The main event pitted Carlito Caribbean Cool and his bodyguard Matt Morgan against the number one contender, Booker T, and the massive Big Show! This was a brawl to say the least, as Booker wanted to get his hands on Carlito before he went on to face Cena at the Bash, and Big Show wanted Matt Morgan at all costs before the two faced off at the Bash as well! Morgan ended up taking Booker T to his limit before Booker made the hot tag to Show, who cleaned house. Morgan then tagged in Carlito in order to get away from the Big Show, but Carlito looked to not want any of him! He tried to escape, but Booker threw him back into the ring just in time for Carlito to receive the Showstopper! Booker then held Morgan at bay as Big Show pinned Carlito for the three count!

After the match, Booker and Big Show celebrated until out of nowhere, Big Show turned around... and WHAM! GORE!!!!

It was RHYNO!

Rhyno took the Big Show down with the Gore, and then looked to take down Booker too! Booker turned around and felt the move heard round the world, and Rhyno stood over the number one contender with a vicious grin on his face. Matt Morgan and Carlito then re-entered the ring and they watched as Rhyno stomped away on Booker and the Show...and they laughed! Morgan then picked up the Big Show and went to deliver the F5, but it was John Cena who ran down to make the save! The WWE Champ tried to go after the group with a chair, but the three men ran off and celebrated on the ramp as SmackDown’s final image was John Cena helping Booker T to his feet!

WINNERS: Booker T and the Big Show

(76 Overall – 77 Crowd, 74 Match)

ANALYSIS: Not a great main event, but it set up the return of Rhyno, who can now legally be on SmackDown since he was fired and taken off of Raw, after all. Rhyno looks to be in league with Carlito and Morgan, and this makes things very interesting for that group. I kind of wanted Morgan and Carlito to win this match due to Rhyno’s interference, but Booker and Show didn’t want to do the job so we did a clean victory. Oh well.

SHOW RATING: 75

High Point: Cena meets with Eddie Guerrero

Low Point: Super Crazy vs. SpikeDudley

ANALYSIS: A filler week for SmackDown, but we saw some major returns – the Dudleys and Rhyno! ECW definetly shook up things, and if nothing else it helped get Rhyno his job back. Also, the Great American Tournament has finally been set up, and next week all four quarter final matches will take place as SmackDown heads towards the Great American Bash!!!

Edited by ADDavis

Guest ADDavis

Here are the Raw and SmackDown previews for the week, including some newsworthy items...

Raw Preview for July 11th (Via WWE.Com)

Things are heating up between the now-official number one contender Edge and the Big Red Machine, Kane! This week on Raw, they will settle their differences in the middle of the ring, as these two are scheduled to face off one on one in a no disqualification match! A dispute that all began due to Lita cheating on her now-ex husband Kane has led to what should be a classic encounter!

Speaking of Edge, he announced last week that he was going to be using his Money In The Bank contract to face Batista at Summerslam for the World Heavyweight Championship! The champ will be in East Rutherford, New Jersey this monday, so we'll see what he has to say about his next challenger!

Batista seems to have other challengers lined up, though. Kurt Angle, who was the last draft pick to come over from SmackDown, has made several challenges towards the Animal! We'll see what Angle thinks about Edge being the next number one contender!

Four other exciting bouts have been made for this week's action-packed Raw.

-Chris Benoit must go through the gauntlet in order to gain the opportunity to face Chris Jericho. Benoit will face not one, but TWO "Jerichoholic Ninjas" who have been picked out by Y2J to destroy the Rabid Wolverine!

-The master of the Five Star Frog Splash, Rob Van Dam, will face "Captain Charisma" himself, Christian, in a singles match. This match was made by Eric Bischoff to keep both men busy while their partners, Kane and Edge, face off later in the evening.

-The Intercontinental Champion, Shelton Benjamin, will face Raw newcomer Chavo Guerrero with the title on the line! Someone who will have a heavy interest in the match is the man who turned on Benjamin two weeks ago, Charlie Haas! The former partner of Benjamin will be in action as well, facing Kenzo Suzuki!

All this will take place on Raw this week, but expect the unexpected!

Guest ADDavis

One other news items before Raw, which will either go up tonight or tommorow.

News on Maven and Simon Dean (Via WrestlingInsider.com)

Its been said around the backstage area that the team of Maven and Simon Dean will be splitting up. This is due, in part, to the large amount of heel teams on Raw right now, but also there are rumors that both men are going to be going under gimmick overhaul.

Maven may work with the whole "Maven System" idea, but is going to possibly become more of an arrogant character than he is right now. The one who will drastically change, though, is Dean. The plan is for him to change out of the Simon Dean character completely and instead go under his real name - Mike Bucci. Nothing has been said about how this will go about, or what his new gimmick will be.

Edited by ADDavis

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE Raw Is WAR!

Live from East Rutherford, NJ!

July 11th, 2005

The Bisch announces the Main Event!

Right as Raw begins, we see Eric Bischoff standing in his office, about to deliver more exciting news about tonight’s event!

Eric Bischoff: Welcome to yet another edition of Raw, which continues to be the top brand in sports entertainment! I don’t care what Teddy Long wants you to believe...the real deal is on Monday Nights. And what a Raw we have for you...See, tonight? The man who officially gave in his contract for a World Heavyweight Title shot at Summerslam, Edge, is going to face the man who wants to tear him limb from limb...the Big Red Machine, Kane! And this match isn’t going to disappoint...these two men will have every opportunity to tear the roof off the building, because their match will be NO DISQUALIFICATION! So enjoy the show!

The Raw intro plays and we get ready for the first match of the night!

(80% Overall)

Charlie Haas vs. Kenzo Suzuki

Haas and Suzuki started off Raw, and while Suzuki played to the fans before the match, Haas was ALL business. In fact, he was very intense throughout this match – much more than he had ever been before. Haas almost looked psychotic when he went after the neck of Suzuki, and when he locked on the Haas of Pain, Kenzo tapped in almost no time due to the excrutiating pain. Haas wouldn’t let go, and it took the ref a while before he could finally get Haas to release the hold. At that point, though, Haas had lost it, and kept yelling about how “Shelton is gonna pay!”... hmm!

WINNER: Charlie Haas via submission

(76 Overall – 69 Crowd, 84 Match)

ANALYSIS: These two mesh surprisingly well. Kenzo isn’t as worthless as you might think...maybe this game overrated his skills, but I dunno. I could logically see him getting some good training and help in OVW and such before coming back, so it could happen I guess.

The Haters Club on Regal and Tajiri

Another Haters Club promo starts up, just like last week...

Elix Skipper: Aight playa, it’s the Haters Club, ya heard? And once again, we’ve gotta set the record straight on some clowns.

Jayson Brown: My BROTHAAAAAA! I got a question for ya. What is the DEAL...with Willy Regal and Tajiri?!?

Elix Skipper: Man. A British guy and an Asian guy...I don’t get it either. They don’t even have a team name...what are you gonna call them, the United Nations?!?!?

Jayson Brown: Hah, fo sho!

Elix Skipper: I cant hate on William Regal though...

Jayson Brown: What?!?!

Elix Skipper:...I mean, the guys a world class athlete, and he’s been through countless struggles...and yet, I still can’t figure out if the man has done anything notable! I mean, his career might as well be non-existant, son!

Jayson Brown: OHHH let me hear that Hate! Hate hate HATE!

Elix Skipper: Tajiri...man, I feel sorry for this cat. Whats his one big move...The TARANTULA?! Ooh, scares me...I mean, whats he do, he stretches the guy for five seconds, and THEN what? He always lets go! I mean, hell, if you’re gonna use a move, at least make sure its legal...and even when it IS, why you gonna let GO? I know you don’t understand English well, but learn to understand common sense, son!

Jayson Brown: Watch that HATE son, you’re gonna hurt somebody with it!

Elix Skipper: All this hate I’m slingin’ now, it won’t compare to the hate we sling in the ring.

Jayson Brown: Fo’ SHO. See, we are the Haters Club, and not only do we do the hating, we get the wins...the money....the fame. You name it, the Club is gettin’ it.

Elix Skipper: We know some people are gonna get jealous. We know some of you might even... HATE... on us. But believe this. You can hate us all you want, but in the end, we’ll always hate you more!

(72% Overall)

(Skipper and Brown gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: Good promo to get them some overness before they eventually debut.

Chris Benoit vs. The Jerichoholic Ninjas

This was a big match for Benoit, as he had to defeat two unknown assailants in order to face Chris Jericho in the future! This was enough incentive for Benoit, who let loose on the masked men with all that he had! The two men seemed to be a cohesive tag team, though, as they seemed to communicate very well in the ring. Unfortunately, Benoit’s drive was a big factor in this match – he also was able to outsmart the two ‘Ninjas’! Eventually, Benoit made a big comeback after being double teamed a few times and he was able to take one of the ninjas out of the match, leaving the other to receive the wrath of the Rabid Wolverine! Benoit unleashed his german suplexes on the second ninja and locked in the Crippler Crossface for the big victory! As soon as the ninja tapped out, Benoit signaled that he was going to unmask the ninja, which he did...

It was Danny Basham!

By the time that Benoit realized this, he was attacked from behind by the other ninja, who had revealed himself as Doug Basham! Danny and Doug then hit a double DDT on Benoit as Chris Jericho walked out to ringside with a chair and a smirk on his face. The two Bashams then set up Benoit as Jericho entered the ring and he eyed his prey before viciously attacking with the chair! Jericho slammed the chair into Benoit’s head and side a few times before referees came in for the save, but Jericho had done enough damage. He left a message for Benoit as he and the Bashams walked off, gaining a measure of victory in this all.

WINNER: Chris Benoit via submission

(74 Overall – 72 Crowd, 77 Match)

ANALYSIS: While Benoit going over the Bashams in a handicapped match might seem crazy, I actually plan on doing some interesting stuff with the Bashams, specifically involving Jericho. I want to flesh out their characters, so that Doug and Danny aren’t just two ‘twin-like brothers’, because that’s a lame team gimmick. I think by letting them be Jericho’s backup, itll also provide for a little stable on Raw of sorts to give Jericho something to work with as well.

Christian interrupts Bischoff

As Eric Bischoff is doing some planning in his office, the door opens and he is greeted by Captain Charisma, Christian! Christian is wearing, interestingly enough, a SmackDown t-shirt.

Eric Bischoff: Uh, Christian, may I ask why you’re in here and WHY you’re wearing that godawful shirt?

Christian: Boss, I need to ask one thing...why did you screw me over in the draft?

Eric Bischoff: What are you talking about??

Christian: You could’ve easily traded me over to SmackDown and given me exactly what I wanted, but you kept me! Now my Problem Solver is gone, and I’m alone...I mean, I have Edge, yeah, but he’s always busy with that Lita chick, and Kurt thinks he’s too cool to hang out with me anymore... but still, this could’ve been much easier if you just freakin’ traded me! But you chose to keep me here! WHY, ERIC, WHY??

Eric Bischoff: I don’t know why you suddenly want to go over to SmackDown so bad, but understand this. You didn’t get drafted, Tomko DID. I can’t do much about that. I wanted a person of your caliber on my show, because if you got over to SmackDown...I mean, Teddy Long would get the upper hand, and I can’t have that!

Christian: Wait...you’re saying me going over to SmackDown would...help?

Eric Bischoff: Of course! You’re... uhh... the biggest commodity I have, Christian.

Christian: Really? Well...damn! This is music to my ears...can I get a title shot?

Eric Bischoff: No.

Christian: But you said I’m a commodity!

Eric Bischoff: Well...one of many, maybe, but...look, you’re starting to get on my nerves, Christian. You’ve got a match with RVD coming up in a little while, why don’t you just go prepare for that?

Christian: RVD? He’s a chump...But Eric? The peeps will NOT be denied, and I WILL go to SmackDown!

Christian then storms out of the office, leaving Bischoff to think for a moment.

Eric Bischoff: So, you want to go to SmackDown, eh? Well...we’ll see about that.

(86% Overall)

Intercontinental Title Match: Shelton Benjamin © vs. Chavo Guerrero

The Intercontinental Champ had a very big task ahead of him, as he had to defend his title against the always-determined Chavo Guerrero! Chavo was mighty confident in this match, and thus he seemed to overlook his opponent a bit. Shelton Benjamin is NOT the opponent to overlook. While Chavo had the upper hand quite a number of times, he was not able to put away Benjamin. He attempted the frog splash, but Benjamin moved after Chavo took too much time showboating, and Benjamin was able to wait for Chavo to get up just in time to get hit with the EXPLODER for the three count! The IC Champ retained, but after the match, he was attacked by Charlie Haas who blindsided Benjamin from out of nowhere! The two brawled a bit and finally road agents came out to break the fight up, with both men continuously trying to lunge at each other.

WINNER: Shelton Benjamin via Pinfall

(79 Overall – 76 Crowd, 83 Match)

ANALYSIS: Once the next couple of weeks comes and goes and Summerslam has come and gone, I’ll be able to work an angle with Chavo I thought up the other day...its pretty amusing, but I’m a little restrained right now with some big Summerslam angles taking over Raw. Benjamin/Haas is a good feud though and it should build up to be a great match.

Interview with Saturn and Christy

Todd Grisham is in the back with Christy Hemme and her new protection, the returning Perry Saturn.

Todd Grisham: Christy, last week you brought Perry Saturn back into the WWE to be your enforcer against Victoria’s own bodyguard, the monstrous Gene Snitsky. Why Perry Saturn, though?

Christy: Todd, I had heard a story about Saturn that made me realize the kind of man he is. You look at him, and you see one of the toughest men in the industry...but Perry stands up for what he believes in. It was months ago that he risked his life to save a woman who was about to get raped, and then got shot in the neck for his troubles. He didn’t have to do it, but he did because it was the right thing to do. This man is a lifesaver, and when he heard about the attack that I got from Victoria and Gene Snitsky, Perry came to my rescue, too.

Todd Grisham: So, Saturn, does this mean that you’re officially back in the WWE?

Saturn: Yer damn right it does, little guy! See, I don’t have respect for a lot of these creeps runnin’ around right now. Snitsky is just an example. Now that I’m back, I’m here to take out the trash. Christy, she’s gonna be along for the ride...cause business is about to pick up on Raw!

With that, Saturn walks off as Christy follows, and we go to a commercial break.

(75% Overall)

(Christy gained overness!)

ANALYSIS: Just wanted to explain Saturn’s return a bit, though his pairing with Christy really can’t make that much sense anyways...still, it needed an explanation of some sort. Getting Christy over is just an added perk, and it lets her try her craft at being a valet.

Maven vs. ???

Maven decided to come out, and this time he looked a bit different than usual...he was sporting leather pants, an expensive shirt, and sunglasses! Hmm.

Maven: You know, I could’ve easily sat back and NOT come here to New Jersey tonight, because c’mon...face it. It’s New Jersey, and this is the Maven we’re talking about. Contrary to popular belief, I won Tough Enough not because of YOU people, but because of my amazing ability. Yet, I get no respect from anyone, and its been years since I’ve become a Raw star! It’s getting ridiculous, and I demand some respect! So right now, I am calling out anyone from the back...anyone who thinks they can take THE Maven down!

His strange fixation on referring to himself as “The” Maven withstanding, Maven made the challenge and who would answer it?

Why, none other than The Animal!

The World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, came out to a huge pop! Maven wasn’t ready for this, but Batista seemed to want to fight tonight, and in little time Batista took the cocky smirk off of Maven’s face with a spinebuster! He then gave the thumbs down, and in almost record time on Raw, Batista put Maven away with the Demon Bomb for the win!

WINNER: Batista via Pinfall

(74 Overall – 78 Crowd, 65 Match)

ANALYSIS: Filler match to give Batista and, in a way, Maven something to do. I plan on doing more with Maven than just jobbing him out though, believe me. This will play into his new attitude a bit.

RVD vs. Christian

Yet another great match was put on between RVD and Christian, the latter of which was still wearing his SmackDown shirt for some reason! Despite his campaign, Christian desperately wanted the win here in order to show Bischoff that he could easily be the hottest commodity on either brand! But Mr. Monday Night was not about to let Christian one-up him tonight, and broke out all his signature moves! The end came when Christian grabbed RVD and prepared to finish him with the Impaler, but RVD broke free and hit a bridging german suplex on Christian to pick up a surprise three count! Christian was stunned as RVD celebrated the win, and Christian demanded to see a replay, which he got...of course, he still claimed he was cheated due to the “Anti Christian Bias”!

WINNER: Rob Van Dam

(90 Overall – 81 Crowd, 100 Match)

ANALYSIS: This match was partly filler, but these two blend so well in this game that you can always get a great match out of them. A perk of EWR, I guess.

Interview with Kurt Angle

The Olympic Gold Medalist is in the backstage area, ready to talk for a moment...

Kurt Angle: So, Edge decides that he wants a shot at the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam. Well, whoopty frickin’ doo! I mean, Edge, c’mon, you’ve already HAD your shot at the title, pal. Gold Rush tournament, remember that? Remember losing to Batista? I sure do, pal. And let me tell you...if anyone deserves a World Heavyweight Title shot, its not you. I think someone fresh needs to step up to the plate...someone who could carry that Summerslam match to a great bout and a memorable moment in history. Who else but Kurt Angle? I mean, I’m the frickin’ WWE MVP for crying out loud! This company hasn’t been able to survive without me! Look what happened when I was injured and getting my neck repaired...things went to utter crap until I came back to save things. Well, Batista, Raw needs a savior, and its not you! Kurt Angle will get his title shot, no matter WHAT! And you better be sure that at Summerslam or wherever I get my shot, that you know this – Kurt Angle WILL add another title to his collection! And that’s DAMN true! Whoo!

100% Overall)

(Angle gained overness – you’re damn sure he did, with THAT percentage!)

ANALYSIS: DAMN. 100%...nice. Leave it to Kurt to help boost the show rating up quite a bit.

No DQ: Edge vs. Kane

Tensions were high going into this one, and it turned into a huge brawl! Even though Lita tried to get a piece of Kane, he was ready for anything, and even attempted to Chokeslam her when she tried to bring a chair to Edge! Edge saved her though, and punished Kane by using the chair against him! The chairshots couldn’t keep the Big Red Machine down, though, and he fought back viciously. It was that point when Christian ran down to help his brother out, attacking Kane from behind! While people waited for Rob Van Dam, he didn’t end up coming – it was revealed that he was attacked backstage by Christian right before the match began! While things looked bad for Kane, it seemed he had help after all - b]Batista ran down to save him! The World Heavyweight Champion decided to even the odds himself, and went right after Christian. Edge went after him, but Batista sized him up for a lariat! Unfortunately, Edge moved and Kane was in the way, getting knocked into the ropes by the lariat! Batista apologized and tried to help Kane, but the Big Red Machine shoved him down, which caused Batista to get pissed! But as the World Champ was going to do something, Christian jumped on his back! Batista was busy with Christian, and this gave Edge the opportunity he needed – as soon as Kane turned around, he got smacked in the face with the briefcase! Edge had put a brick inside, so the force was enough to knock the Big Red Machine down and give Edge the opportunity to pin him for the three count, getting the big victory! Post match, Batista fought off Christian and slid in the ring to go after Edge, but Kurt Angle then made his entrance, going straight after the champ! Angle hit Batista with the angle slam, leaving the champ down on the mat! Raw then went off the air with Angle and Edge giving each other a staredown, and Kane and Batista lying unconscious on the mat!

WINNER: Edge via Pinfall

(81 Overall – 84 Crowd, 77 Match)

ANALYSIS: A solid brawl and a good main event, but I doubt the feud is over...if anything, it has degenerated into something new, adding Batista and Angle into the mix. Things are definetly interesting in the Raw main event scene, I’ll say that...

SHOW RATING: 80

High Point: Kurt FREAKIN’ Angle pulling a beautiful promo out of nowhere.

Low Point: The Haters Club? I dunno, it was lowest rated, but technically I cant think of anything terribly ‘low’ for this show...it was solid.

ANALYSIS: I learned from the last Raw not to put too much crap on one show, and since this was the Raw before SmackDown’s PPV, a big show was in desperate need. So, no Masters/Viscera/Venis or anything like that this week, ditto with Snitsky. A good show top to bottom, and helped progress things while Raw slowly heads towards SummerSlam.

Guest ADDavis

user posted image

WWE SmackDown!

Live from Worchester, MA!

July 15th, 2005

Great American Tournament: Hardcore Holly vs. Carlito

SmackDown begins with the first of four quarter final matchups in the Great American Tournament! Hardcore Holly faced the confident Carlito, who came out with his “Cult Of Cool” (Matt Morgan and Rhyno) before the match. He got on the mic...

Carlito: ‘jyoo know, I hope ‘jyoo people are happy about what Carlito has done. Because Carlito has found the MAN BEAST. Carlito knows that Rhyno has gone unappreciated, and now that he is a full fledged captain in the cult of cool, he can roll with Carlito. And tonight, the Cult of Cool comes one step closer to taking the WWE Title and dethroning John Cena, when I win this match and move on to win the Great American Tournament this Sunday! And when Matt Morgan and Rhyno destroy Cena and Booker T tonight, and Morgan goes on to take down the Big Show on Sunday, we will be UNSTOPPABLE!

But then, the referee yelled at Carlito that his two bodyguards would be ejected from ringside! Carlito was not happy, but Holly didn’t take long to start throwing around Carlito like a ragdoll! Unfortunately for Holly, he wasn’t able to out-do the “creator of cool”, who snuck a low blow in while the ref wasn’t looking to turn the tides! Carlito then put Holly in a reverse DDT position and lifted him up, hitting a reverse impact DDT! Carlito’s move even surprised him, and he pinned Holly to move on to the semi finals and to the Great American Bash!

WINNER: Carlito via Pinfall

(77 Overall – 71 Crowd, 83 Match)

ANALYSIS: Solid midcard match, and a good match to begin the tournament. Carlito looks to face the winner of Mysterio and Dupree at the Bash, and since Carlito now has his own stable, his chances of taking the Great American Tournament are very good.

Interview with JBL and the Cabinet

Josh Matthews is in the back with the Cabinet!

Josh Matthews: JBL, tonight your chief of staff, Orlando Jordan, will face Triple H in his SmackDown debut—

John Bradshaw Layfield: Now hold on just a damn minute, Matthews. Yeah, this might be Triple H’s “debut” match, but it will clearly be the Cabinet’s finest hour. See, Orlando Jordan, he’s a fine competitor. A former US champion who was screwed out of his title! Tonight, the finest chief of staff I’ve ever known will get his revenge. Ain’t that right, OJ?

Orlando Jordan: You could never be wrong, Mr. Layfield!

John Bradshaw Layfield: MR. Layfield...I like that sound. Triple H, after tonight and after our tag encounter at the Great American Bash, that might as well be what you call ME. See, this ain’t Raw, son. This is SmackDown, JBL’s show! You’re starting over from scratch...you’re not given a title, you’re not given preferential treatment. You’re in the Cabinet’s line of fire, and ask ANYONE else – that’s not a good place to be.

Josh Matthews: What about Ric Flair, the protégé of Triple H?

John Bradshaw Layfield: The guy can sit on the sidelines taking his geritol for all I care—

Muhammed Hassan: Hold up, John...

John Bradshaw Layfield: Ahh! Muhammed. Daivari! You’ve arrived... Josh, I’d like to welcome the recently appointed Chief of Homeland Security, Khosrow Daivari, and the new Chief of Foreign Affairs, Muhammed Hassan!

Josh Matthews: ...what?

Muhammed Hassan: Why the “what”, Matthews? Is an Arab allowed to have a position of power? My new business partner, Mr. Layfield, RESPECTS my diverse, cultural backround, unlike anyone else in this company! You look at Ric Flair...someone who looks down on me because I’m of Arab descent! You think you are still the best after all these years? You have nothing ... NOTHING... on Muhammed Hassan. John, don’t worry about Flair tonight. Muhammed Hassan has it all taken care of...

John Bradshaw Layfield: Alright! That’s what I like to hear...alright, Orlando, lets get ready for the bout...Interviews over, chump!

JBL pushes Josh Matthews aside, and we cut back to ringside.

(77% Overall)

ANALYSIS: It’s a totally cheap gimmick, yes. But my god, I love writing for Muhammed Hassan, especially now that he is in the Cabinet. If they don’t do this on SmackDown now that my prediction came true (Hey, not a bad choice, despite my version being a trade), they’re missing out.

Great American Tournament: Paul London vs. Billy Kidman (w/ Chris Nowinski)

Kidman came out with his new manager, Chris Nowinski, and looked as cocky as ever. The Cruiserweight champion knew his partner well...London and Kidman had previously teamed before and even unseated the Dudley Boyz as WWE Tag Team Champions! So this was an epic encounter, to say the least. Kidman had the advantage for most of the match, knowing how to counter many of London’s best moves. Nowinski being at ringside helped Kidman even more...but don’t count out Paul London. The Underdog of the Century battled out of the craziest predicaments and even dodged the shooting star press, which led to London hitting the 450 splash and getting a huge victory! The fans went nuts, but Kidman was pissed – he viciously attacked the Cruiserweight champion! But Scotty Too Hotty and Funaki, two of the top cruiserweight stars, ran out to make the save, and celebrated with the Champion as London makes a big splash going into the Great American Tournament semifinals!

(80 Overall – 68 Crowd, 93 Match)

ANALYSIS: Great match, as these two have a history behind them which is nice. Funaki and Scotty saving London was just to show some respect for the champion of the cruiser division, though it will set up the opening bout at the Bash...

It’s a Trap!

Ric Flair is backstage with the United States title, talking to some lovely ladies that happen to be backstage. While doing his usual stylin’ and profilin’, he doesn’t notice two men sneaking up behind him... Its Hassan and Daivari! They attack Flair from behind and throw him into the production boxes in the back, knocking Flair down. Hassan then starts punching away at the face of Flair, drawing blood! After this heinous attack, Hassan wipes the blood of Flair on his shirt as Daivari yells in his foreign tongue! They walk off as medics assist Flair.

(89% Overall)

(Hassan gained overness!)

Great American Tournament: Rey Mysterio vs. Rene Dupree

Rene Dupree and Rey Mysterio have faced off quite a few times in tag team action, after their ‘exciting’ tag team matches last year. Now, though, they have moved on and both men want to become the Great American Tournament winner and gain a WWE Title shot at summerslam! Dupree’s strategy was to keep Mysterio grounded, and it worked a good portion of the match. He underestimated Rey due to his size, though, and this is what cost him the match against the quick and versatile Mysterio. As Dupree grabbed Rey for the Cobra Clutch slam, Rey dropped down and hit him with a stunner, knocking Dupree into the ropes! You can figure out what comes next...619, pin, 1-2-3! Mysterio moves on to the semi finals at the Bash! As he celebrated, Eddie Guerrero appeared on the entrance ramp and clapped mockingly at Mysterio!

WINNER: Rey Mysterio via Pinfall

(77 Overall – 78 Crowd, 75 Match)

ANALYSIS: Not a bad match, but the clash of styles made it very unmemorable.

WWE Tag Team Titles: MNM © w/ Melina vs. The Dudley Boyz

The Dudleyz made their return last week, vowing to take down MNM and reclaim the WWE Tag Team Championship! MNM came prepared for this bout, and showed that they knew more than being just cocky...but they still were unprepared for the brutal brawling style of the Dudley Boyz! For the first time, it seemed as if MNM would finally lose the belts, but they decided to resort to different methods...They kept D-Von and Bubba Ray on the outside, and let the Dudleyz brawl with them until the ten count ran out! Both teams were counted out, but MNM retained the titles! As MNM regrouped, Teddy Long came out to address the situation!

Theodore Long: So MNM, you wanna be sneaky? Well I’m tired of your antics, and this crowd is tired of them too! I think I know what the crowd wants...they want extreme action! So, Dudley Boyz, you’re gonna get your extreme action...at the Great American Bash, you will face MNM for the WWE Tag Team Championship in an ECW RULES match!!!

MNM was stunned, and the Dudley Boyz smiled, knowing that at the Bash, they’d be in their perfect element!

WINNERS: No contest due to double countout!

(79 Overall – 75 Crowd, 84 Match)

ANALYSIS: Well, ECW still continues to sell, so theres no doubt they’ll slip little mentions of the fed in at any cost. “ECW Rules” withstanding, these two teams can still put on a solid tag bout, and the bash should be interesting.

The Big Show is backstage...

Steve Romero is backstage with The Big Show!

Steve Romero: Big Show, in less than two days, you face Matt Morgan in what should be a grueling bout...how do you think you’ll fare?

The Big Show: Steve, M-M-M-Matt Morgan is a j-j-j-joke. Yeah, sure, the guy has come after me at every opportunity, and yeah...that F5, its impressive. But in a one on one situation? He’s toast. I don’t care who Carlito throws at me, I’ll still come back to haunt him at every turn. At the Bash, Carlito’s enforcer will find out why I’m the BIGGEST threat on SmackDo—

Without warning, Big Show feels the sting of a chairshot from behind! He turns and sees Matt Morgan and Rhyno, Carlito’s Cult of Cool! Rhyno has a kendo stick, and swings it at Big Show, taking the wind out of the seven foot tall star. Morgan then picks Big Show up and hits an F5 on the concrete! The two big men leave the Big Show laid out on the floor, and they put more boots in until officials come to break it up.

Matt Morgan: Y-Y-Y-YOU THINK THIS IS A J-J-J-J-J-OKE? L-l-l-l-laugh now, damnit!

The two then walk off and prepare for their match with Booker and Cena later tonight!

(72% Overall)

Great American Tournament: Super Crazy vs. Eddie Guerrero

Crazy’s third match on SmackDown brought him face to face with the former WWE champion Eddie Guerrero! Eddie was not wanting to go ‘crazy’ in this bout, and simply wanted to get the match over with. Super Crazy brought more to the table than Eddie bargained though, so Eddie was forced to snap and really use his best offense against the talented luchadore star. Crazy missed the Trifecta moonsault, which was his biggest mistake and Eddie’s biggest godsend in the match...it allowed Eddie to focus on the back of Crazy and eventually lock in the Lasso from El Passo to get a surprising submission victory! Post match, Eddie refused to let go until he had inflicted enough pain on Crazy, but out came Rey Mysterio! Mysterio made the save and attacked Eddie, who wanted no part of Mysterio and ran off! Mysterio may have gotten a piece of Guerrero, but Eddie was still in the semi finals now!

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero via Submission

(86 Overall – 78 Crowd, 94 Match)

ANALYSIS: Another great, solid match. Guerrero faces London at the Bash, which is sure to be nothing short of amazing.

Triple H vs. Orlando Jordan

The crowd went nuts as Triple H’s music played on SmackDown, which definetly seems like a weird sight. His opponent, Orlando Jordan, seemed cocky at first, especially with JBL in his corner! But Triple H quickly made sure that the Chief Of Staff knew who he was, taking him down with a knee lift in a vintage HHH move! OJ quickly lost the cockiness and the match was on! While OJ made use of his size, Triple H’s experience helped him to come back and hit the pedigree for the win! Post match, JBL got in the ring and went toe to toe with HHH, but then opted to leave before any brawl started...the fans boo as HHH wanted a fight, but JBL decided to pick his shots and made it clear – he’s waiting for the Bash!

WINNERS: Triple H via pinfall

(78 Overall – 82 Crowd, 71 Match)

ANALYSIS: Not an amazing match by any means, but I really haven’t known Orlando Jordan to put on anything memorable, and it was a match to get HHH over pretty much. The crowd was very behind it, and the face turn of HHH has worked out so far...i think the fans like it that he’s not going for the title, and is instead feuding with one of the guys that has been compared to HHH due to JBL’s push. It’s a feud that wasn’t expected, that’s for sure.

Cena and Booker backstage

Booker T is backstage warming up when the WWE Champion, John Cena, walks into the scene. The fans go nuts as Cena and Booker T have a staredown before shaking hands.

John Cena: Aight, lets do this.

Booker T: I’m down for kickin’ some ass, dawg!

John Cena: Yeah, we gonna show Carlito’s freakshow a thing or two...but at the Bash, its gonna be a different story. I’m not gonna hold back...

Booker T: Cena, we know each other in that ring. I know your moves, you know mine. Its gonna be a hell of a match, and we’re puttin’ it on for the fans and for everyone in the world...but I ain’t settlin’ for second place. That gold? It’ll be mine...see, you had your time, dawg. Booker T, his time...his time is comin’.

John Cena: We’ll see... but either way, tonight? Rhyno and Matt Morgan, they’re gettin’ a CHAIN GANG welcome...Can you dig that?

Booker T: Oh I can dig that! .... SUCKAAAAA!

The two then walk off, heading out for their match!

(93% Overall)

The Cult Of Cool (Matt Morgan and Rhyno) vs. John Cena and Booker T

Cena and Booker made for a good team, but Morgan and Rhyno seemed to be a little awkward as a team. Rhyno’s return to the ring was good, though, as he got some major offense in and looked to be a huge player. His ring time with Cena seemed to work well, and Morgan even showed a lot of his brute force up against Booker. But the number one contender and the WWE champ got their game together, and when things looked bleak, they came back with a vengeance! Morgan and Rhyno then took the ref out of the equation by knocking him out, and they tried to end the match by using a chair, but out came the Big Show to be the equalizer! He took out Rhyno and left Matt Morgan for the vultures with a chokeslam as Cena and Booker T made it back to their feet! Booker hit the scissor kick and Cena lifted up Morgan for the F-U as the ref finally was revived and Cena made the cover for the three count! Big Show celebrated with the champ and contender as the two had a moment of respect before their big match at the Great American Bash!

WINNERS: John Cena and Booker T via pinfall

(78 Overall – 79 Crowd, 77 Match)

ANALYSIS: Not an amazing bout, but it had its purpose. While I would’ve preferred Morgan and Rhyno going over, it wasn’t happening... I want the Booker/Cena bout to be about respect, since the two have faced off a ton of times in the past – basically, they know each other well. While their matches haven’t been classics, its still a good competitive feud in that respect.

SHOW RATING: 78

High Points: Booker T/Cena’s warmup, Super Crazy vs. Eddie Guerrero

Low Point: The attack on the Big Show

ANALYSIS: This was basically a big set up for the Bash, as the four quarter final matches decided the four men to be in the Great American Tournament matches at the PPV. Also, we had a set up for the WWE Tag Team Title bout and some excellent stuff with Cena/Booker and Triple H/Flair/Cabinet. The PPV should be an interesting SmackDown show, and may give new life to the brand!

With that said and done, we have our Great American Bash PPV set in stone...here is the final PPV card.

WWE Title

John Cena © vs. Booker T

Tag Team Match

Triple H and Ric Flair vs. The Cabinet (JBL and Hassan)

Singles Match

The Big Show vs. Matt Morgan

WWE Tag Team Titles: ECW Rules

MNM © vs. The Dudley Boyz

The Great American Tournament

Semi Finals (No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere)

-Eddie Guerrero vs. Paul London

-Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Rey Mysterio

Finals (Ladder Match, winner gets WWE Title shot at Summerslam!)

Winner of Semi Finals Match 1 vs. Semi Finals Match 2

Special Attraction Cruiserweight Six Man Tag

Billy Kidman (w/ Chris Nowinski), Akio, and The Punk vs. Super Crazy, Funaki, and Scotty 2 Hotty

And yes, "The Punk" is the debuting CM Punk. :ph34r:

Feel free to predict...I'm contemplating doing some sort of prize for person who guesses closest, but I haven't decided yet. Either way I'd like some feedback as we head into what should be an interesting PPV!

Guest Crossface

WWE Title

John Cena © vs. Booker T

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Final:

Eddie Guerrero VS Rey Mysterio

Billy Kidman (w/ Chris Nowinski), Akio, and The Punk vs. Super Crazy, Funaki, and Scotty 2 Hotty

I can see a Cena VS Eddie in summerslam.

Edited by Crossface

Guest RickyW

WWE Title

John Cena © vs. Booker T

God, I would love for Booker T to get a world title reign in the WWE.

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

While a win for Morgan would be great, I am almost wondering where Morgan would move next. I would keep him in a small program with The Big Show

I think the Dudley's are great, but giving MNM a win in their own style match would be great

AS much as I like London, I don't see him getting a win over Eddie in a tourney for a WWE Title shot.

Eddie vs. Rey

Seeing as this is a ladder match and with their history I felt this was the better choice of the matchups and they could put on one hell of a match. Also a Booker/Eddie match would be cool.

WWE Title

John Cena © vs. Booker T

I cant see him dropping the strap yet

Tag Team Match

its too early to end this, so use this match to build to a #1 contenders feud[/i

Singles Match

It would be a good way to build up MNM's overness

awesome match, but Eddie will win

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

Its a great way to continue the fued but Rey will pull ahead to win his shot at the title

I see it as a way to put over the debuting CM Punk

WWE Title

John Cena © vs. Booker T

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

Billy Kidman, Akio and The Punk vs. Super Crazy, Funaki, and Scotty 2 Hotty

Loving everything thus far, should be an intresting tourney. I'd go with Rey-Eddie as the main event instead of the destined to be low crowd rated Cena- Booker. Should be a great show.