Half-Life 3?

tristy

Yeah, I was searching Google for shit about Half-Life 3, and it said news might be brought up at E3, but I think I would have heard if something was announced.

I only ask because I literally just beat Half-Life 2 like, 15 minutes ago and I want to continue the story. The ending was a bit of an anti-climax, but G-Man is the fucking shit.

So, has anyone heard anything? All I've heard is that they're going to push the graphics even harder this time around, and Alyx is a playable character.

There is the expansion pack "Aftermath" which was mentioned above, but what Valve showed off at E3 was this free level coming out on Steam for HL2 called "The Lost Coast"

Which will require a fairly powerful PC to run apparently, its just Valve showing off some new techniques with the Source engine, but letting you have fun at the same time.

But yeah, other than those two things, there has been no announced development on any other Half Life game.

Edited by FunkAsPuck

Don't expect Half-Life 3 for at least another five years, if not longer. Valve revolutionizes the industry when it releases a game, and HL3 will be no different.

The only thing I've heard, other than Lost Coast (which I can't wait for, as I built a new comp specifically to handle the Source engine) is a HL2 expansion, possibly with Alyx as the main character. I wouldn't expect that for another year, though.

The one I'm waitng for, though, is Team Fortress Classic 2.

Edited by Heel Turn

Guest Jules

What are the needed system specs for The Lost Coast?

This is going to sound like an asshole answer, but if you need to ask, your comp can't handle it.

Well, I've already had to upgrade my RAM for this computer to play Half-Life 2 when I got it for Christmas, so I figure I should be prepared for it this time around.

If you won't tell me, then I'll just go google it. -_-