Where did you learn to code layouts and such?

I've been searching sites left and right but whenever I find one, it's a dead link. I just want to learn how to code PS layouts and set up websites. So if any of you could help me, I'd appreciate it.

(P.S. I wasn't sure if this should go in Requests, so if it belongs there, move it please. Thanks.)

Guest [ Tyler ]

Erm I learned by going to HTML websites, looking for scripts, get some basic knowledge or PHP. You can't read a website and look for a tutorial to know how to make a great website. Just read tons of HTML help stuff I know if you search google for HTML Help you'll find some good sites.

And what do you mean PS Layouts?

HTMLGOODIES.COM < I cannot emphasise enough how good this site is. Use all the primers and the tutorials to learn HTML coding. It's not that difficult to take it in one bit at a time. Once you have, it'll be a hell of a lot better than using Dreamweaver or Frontpage. Those two are horrifically bad with code.

Once you have even the basics of HTML down. You can begin to create layouts in Photoshop and then export them using ImageReady or whatever slicing tool you have and then use Notepad to modify the code and content however you like.

I learnt HTML from a book I bought. There are plenty of books relating to HTML and Web Programming out there for beginners. And some of these books are really comprehensive, better than most HTML tutorial sites you find out there.

And once you've learned HTML, go learn CSS. It will be infinitely useful when you are making websites.