The Movies

Fanku Kaibutsu

This game isn't coming out until October, but I'm already excited about it. It's from Peter Molyneux, the same developer as Populous and Black and White and Fable. Basically, you'll be able to manage a movie studio from the 1920's until (I think) 2010. It's gonna have all the typical sim stuff, like building sets and studio facilites, hiring, managing, and firing staff and actors, but the biggest draw is that you'll actually be able to make movies the game. Between the few examples and screenshots I've seen, and the numbers they're claiming for the amount of stuff in the game, I'm really hopeful about the things you'll be able to do in this game. Probably too hopeful. Over the past couple days I've been heavily looking into this game, I can't help but think and plan of the movies I'll hopefully be able to make.

Um... anyway, yeah, Anyone else looking foreward to this?

IGN Preview Page

Official site

Guest Leeleemu

I have read about that game on the net and I am very entrigued by the content of it, however I get bored of Sim games relatively easy, eg. Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon

I think it will be good for like a day then kind of boring, although in the game you do have a specific goal so it could be good to work towards. Looks promising though!

Guest Leeleemu

Yeah Fable was unusually short for how long it took them to make it, I thought all together though that was a fgood rp game as you made choices, not as good or as popular as shenmue and thats why im suprised microsoft are allowing a second one to made instead of the third shenmue. :angry:

if the running the studio manager gameplay is good it will be a winner, if it is to much of the sims bullshit it will not be, i know they say you can customiz that in a way that everyone will be happy but don´t forget that they want to sell the game and the sims are certainle hotter than economie manager games at the moment.

Guest Jules

When the game was first announced last year I was hooked, I mean c'mon, you can make your own movie - how cool is that? I really did expect the game to release early this year (as it was originally planned to), so I've kinda' gone off it now as it's been scheduled for an October release. I think I'll pick it up for PC though. Making your own Action, Horror, Western and many more films, it should be totally awesome. I think, or at least hope, the variety will be there and it doesn't get boring after the second film you make. Given the time they have been spending on the development, I doubt it'd disappoint.

Yeah, I really don't expect much from Lionhead anymore.

After disappointment with both Black & White and Fable after the stupidly large amount of hype surrounding them I really wouldn't be suprised when they release the game that half of the features have been cut out and theres nothing remotely interesting about the game.