Suggestions for Web Design of Titlehistories.com

Guest JT179

Guest JT179

Ok first of all this ain't advertising so please don't take it as such. I'm simply looking for suggestions for the Web Design of Titlehistories.com, my website. I've recently grown board with the current layout/design of the site and i'm looking to freshen it up a bit but I don't have the first clue on where to begin. So i'm looking to the best graphics folks on the planet to help me out and give me some starting ideas. If anyone has any constructive ideas by all means let me know, cause I really think my website needs to be refreshed. And if you don't know the web address for my site, then you haven't been paying attention :P . Thanks to anyone who leaves their thoughts. Sorry if this should go in requests, but I didn't think of this as a request, simply as people leaving suggestions.

if you aren't using it now my suggestion would be to try to redo the whole page in css. I've jsut recentl started liking css layouts and pages and such. I know a little so I might be able to help you also

Just some ideas:

You need more interactivity in your site. Try having the links change color during a rollover and during a hit.

Most of your pages have too much text on one page. Try to reduce the text. Or split the content into different pages. As a rule of thumb, try not to let the page scroll beyond 2 times of a full browser window.

Ever tried frames? You could put the title banner on one frame, navigation in another and content in one. Some people don't like to design websites with frames, so it's up to one's preferences.

Personally, I tend to avoid using tables with visible borders. Tables, without borders, are good for laying out content, but too many tables with borders just makes it too 'rigid'.

And use css. It makes 'freshening up' your website(s) so much easier.

Guest JT179

I'm kinda farmilar with CSS, not too farmilar but some. The biggest problem with redesigning my site is that I did it in Microsoft FrontPage. Since then however i've learned some basic HTML, enough to create ROHReborn.com but due to time constraints i've been unable to update the site for almost two months. Keep in mind this is a title history site, breaking the pages up is kinda pointless. The information is the most important thing about the site, so I don't want to touch that. The information is what made the site, not the design. I'd like very much to improve the basic layout if and at all possible though. I've thought about using rollover color links, but I felt that was a bit too much glam. I really didn't think it was gonna serve much purpose. I've also played with frames but I found them to be more trouble then its really worth. Too my knowledge no one actually made me any other designs for the site, IWC i'm pretty sure was the one who design the background for my website (and thank you so very much) but as far as I know no one else created a layout for it. I'm looking to kinda make the site a bit more professional and clean up the design i'm just not sure how to go about it. I want the site to be seen as a respectful wrestling website with lots of useful information for anyone who might be looking for it. Thus, i'd like to simply clean up the design as i've left it this way for several years now and its just getting old.

Guest JT179

Thanks adreanlinejunky, i'd of course need some set up help but i'd be glad to see what ya got to offer. In fact i'd be glad to see what everyone has to offer!