not another recommend me some songs thread!

aznhitman

What the! You've got Pantera and no AC/DC? Come on, son. I recommend AC/DC. Oh, and some G.G. Allin if you like to listen to that sort of music.

I love the guy but, seriously, I wouldn't wish GG Allin on anyone. The guy's only had a handful of half-decent songs, and they won't appeal here anyway.

Depending on the era, I think GG could appeal to people. His album "Banned in Boston" is excellent, bordering on pop rock, with sleazy lyrical content. Contrary to popular belief, GG released alot of great tunes, it was his later years when his vocals/the music began to deteriorate. Anything with the Jabbers and/or the Scumfucs is quality (with the Scumfucs being a bit more raunchy). I can see people hating his work with the Murder Junkies, but one should really look into giving Banned in Boston or Dirty Love Songs a full listen. Out of curiosity, can you remember which songs of his you've heard?

As for my musical recommendations, I'd say the topic starter should check out The Melvins and Orange Goblin. Both are pretty good stoner rock bands, and could have an appeal based on the music you like.

Verbalpuke, you just said everything I was about to say. GG Allin once was a really good singer. It was all down hill with the Murder Junkies. Merle is still out there trying to make money off his brothers somewhat stardom. They had a one shot deal the old Murder Junkies not too long ago. The lead singer from Antiseen was on vocals. Check out Antiseen if you haven't heard much.