not another recommend me some songs thread!

aznhitman

yeah. uh.. im running out of bands to listen to. and i guess i could broadan my music listening to. whether it is bands similar to what i listen to or something a little bit different. so yeah. i mean, its kind of tiring listening to the same bands over, and i would like some others to listen and enjoy.

and please. no hardcore death metal where the singer is screaming his ass off and you have no idea what he is saying. thanks.

here are some bands i am currently in to right now (old and new):

Alice in Chains

Alter Bridge

Black Sabbath

Breaking Benjamin

Chevelle

Creed (and please, no christian music :P )

Crossfade

Disturbed

Drowning Pool

Earshot

Faith No More

Future Leaders of America

Godsmack

Guns N Roses

Jimi Hendrix

Marilyn Manson

Metallica

Motorhead

Nirvana

Pantera

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rob Zombie/White Zombie (are they the same?)

Shinedown

Skid Row

Slipknot

Staind

Stone Temple Pilots

System of a Down

Three Days Grace

Three Doors Down

Tool

Velvet Revolver

every band listed above I have listened to recently that I have CDs of and i have in my playlist on my PC. Yeah. so thats like 30 bands i have listed... and i want more.

although you get one of these like every other day, but i know you guys know alot of music, and i guess i could get to know more bands to broadan my uh.... rock music.

thanks. ;)

You need to listen to some real music.  Get a bit of Oasis on.

Hahahahaha no.

You like Alice In Chains, so check out Layne and Jerry's respective side-projects, specifically Jerry Cantrell's "Degradation Trip Vol. 1 & 2" double-album and Mad Season, Layne's other band.

Guest Josef Stallion

What the! You've got Pantera and no AC/DC? Come on, son. I recommend AC/DC. Oh, and some G.G. Allin if you like to listen to that sort of music.

What the! You've got Pantera and no AC/DC? Come on, son. I recommend AC/DC. Oh, and some G.G. Allin if you like to listen to that sort of music.

I love the guy but, seriously, I wouldn't wish GG Allin on anyone. The guy's only had a handful of half-decent songs, and they won't appeal here anyway.

ok thanks for the suggestions. yeah, i listen to ac/dc, but not i a while, and they werent in my playlist. lol.

ill check these bands out.

didnt know Layne and Jerry had any other things going for them until now too.

yeah, and i am open to more suggestions too.

edit: yeah. i missed the official thread when i posted this. but i did see it after this thread was made.. :pinch:

EDIT2: ok, so i acquired a couple of Jerry's songs from Degradation, pretty good. i got into the songs. and in the beginning riff of "Angel Eyes" i thought at first that was nirvana. lol.

and then listened to a couple of songs from Mad Season. eh...... theyre ok. nothing really great.

Edited by aznhitman

It was recommended long ago, but I second Degredation Trip. Fucking awesome.

Creed blows, and I fail to see how liking Pantera means someone would enjoy AC/DC at all. I love Pantera. I can only listen to select AC/DC songs, and those only sparingly.

You like what I like, pretty much, so I'll toss out these bands that you could check out:

40 Below Summer

Adema

Cold

Flaw (not around anymore, but their first CD is awesome and their second CD is good, too)

Five Bold Main (consists of the lead singer of Flaw now).

Lifer (No longer around either).

myDownfall (consists of the lead singer of Lifer, but also isn't around anymore)

RA

Sevendust

Edited by Fitzy

• 2 weeks later...