Gallop Racer 2004

Guest Wrestling_Man

Guest Wrestling_Man

I got my dad this game the other day, it's a horse racing game for those who don't know, and we can't figure out how to win the game. So whoever has this game, could you please tell me how you win a horse race.

Got the original, dunno how much is changed, the secret is to know you're horses strengths (speed horse or late runner most obvious) but essentially hold off a charge until the last 2 furlongs, should give you the best chance basically. It's not a surefire method by any chance but it does a decent job for me.

I have 2004, actually. They have this mode, where if you've run a perfect race (perfect start, perfect position, perfect speed) once you go to the whip, you get "an amaaaazing burst of speed" and you can fly past the competition. That's how I won most of my races up until I had the ability to get really good horses.

Other than that, just practice and know your horse's strengths and weaknesses. Find a racing style that works well for you and get horses that fit the style.

Their not fantastic games and I think you have to have a fair amount of interest in the sport to begin with. Gallop Racer added a bit more then G1 by having training and breeding in there as well as the racing.

There is a tactical element in there that means that no two horses should ever really be the same (breeding in GR means you can have very similar but not exact) so you need to learn to ride them before they can really reach their full potential.

Might be worth a rent rather then buying straight out to be sure though.