World Wrestling Federation 1998

It's almost here, the biggest wrestling event ever. The event that can push you to the stars or keep you in the gutter. It has finally come...

Wrestlemania XIV! Wrestlemania made some of the biggest superstars such as Hulk Hogan, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Shawn Michaels, and Bret Hart. Who will gain superstar status this year? Will it be Royal Rumble winner/number one contender for the WWF Heavyweight Title Stone Cold Steven Austin? Will it be the most hated wrestler in the whole WWF, Intercontinental Champion Rocky Miavia? Before we can no, we have to take the road to Wrestlemania!

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Money: $12,734,480

Size: Global

Public Image: 27%(-18)

Based In: America

Risk Level: 60%

Production Values: 100%

Merchandising: 100%/20,000,000 PM

Advertising: 100%/10,000,000 PM

Sponsors: Sports Illustrated (Main), Stacker II, Viacom Inc., and Nintendo

Television Shows

user posted image

USA Network -- Monday -- RAW IS WAR (Primetime) -- Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

user posted image

Local Network -- Saturday -- Shotgun Saturday Night (Graveyard) -- Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

user posted image

USA Network -- Sunday -- Sunday Night HeAT (Prime Time) -- Doc Hendrix and Jerry Lawler

WWF Title Holders

WWF World (95) -- Shawn Michaels

WWF Intercontinental (84) -- Rocky Miavia

WWF European (76) -- Triple H

WWF Tag-Team (72) -- The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Saggs)

WWF Light-Heavyweight (57) -- Vacant

Former WWF Title Holders

WWF World

1. Shawn Michaels

From ??? to ???

WWF Intercontinental

1. Rocky Miavia

From ??? to ???

WWF European

1. Triple H

From ??? to ???

WWF Tag-Team

2. The Nasty Boys

From March 22, 1998 to ???

1. The New Age Outlaws

From ??? to March 22, 1998

WWF Light-Heavyweight

2. Vacant

1. Taka Michinoku

From ??? to March 22, 1998

Roster

Face -- Tweener -- Heel

Main Event

Kane -- 94 Overness -- Supernatural

Owen Hart -- 92 Overness -- Loner

Shawn Michaels -- 93 Overness -- Cocky

Steve Austin -- 96 Overness -- Rebel

The Undertaker -- 96 -- Supernatural

Upper Midcard

Cactus Jack -- 86 Overness -- Crazy

Ken Shamrock -- 81 Overness -- Legit Athelete

Rocky Miavia -- 90 Overness -- Cocky

Triple H -- 82 Overness --  Arrogant

Midcarders

Ahmed Johnson -- 70 Overness -- Monster

Animal -- 80 Overness --  Face and Paint

Billy Gunn -- 76 Overness --  Cheater

Brian Knobbs -- 70 Overness -- Fun Babyface

Brian Lee -- 74 Overness -- Supernatural

Chainsaw Charlie -- 79 Overness -- Crazy

Faarooq -- 66 -- Racist

Goldust -- 75 -- Freak

Hawk -- 80 -- Face and Paint

Jeff Jarrett -- 78 -- Old School Heel

Jerry Saggs -- 71 -- Fun Babyface

Marc Mero -- 75 -- Old School Face

Road Dogg -- 76 -- Bad Ass

Rob Van Dam -- 82 -- Whole Damn Show

Vader -- 79 -- Monster

Lower Midcarders

8-Ball -- 50 -- Bad Ass

Barry Windham -- 62 -- Cowboy

Bart Gunn -- 56 -- Old School Heel

Bob Holly -- 56 -- Old School Heel

Bradshaw -- 59 -- Cowboy

D'Lo Brown -- 59 -- Blue Chipper

Dan Severn -- 57 Overness -- Legit Athlete

Flash Funk -- 67 -- Fun Babyface

Greg Valintine -- Old School Face

Henry O. Godwinn -- 60 Overness -- Hillbilly

Honky Tonk Man -- 67 Overness -- Old School Heel

Kama Mustafa -- 62 Overness -- Machine

Mark Henry -- 59 Overness -- Legitimate Athlete

Phineous I. Godwinn -- 60 Overness --  Hillbilly

Ricky Morton -- 61 Overness -- Teen Idol

Robert Gibson -- 61 Overness -- Teen Idol

Scott Taylor -- 56 Overness -- Obnoxious

Skull -- 50 Overness -- Bad Ass

Taka Michinokun -- 67 Overness -- Foreign Star

Openers

Brian Christopher -- 59 Overness -- Obnoxious

JC Ice -- 42 Overness -- Fun Babyface

Mosh -- 52 Overness -- Metalhead

Mr. Aguila -- 42 Overness -- Daredevil

Steve Blackman -- 59 Overness -- Martial Arts

Thrasher -- 52 Overness -- Metalhead

Wolfie D -- 43 Overness -- Fun Babyface

Non-Wrestlers

Gorilla Monson -- 75 Overness -- Staff Member

Vince McMahon -- 90 Overness --  Evil Boss

Managers

Chyna -- 75 Overness -- Bodyguard (Triple H)

James E. Cornette -- 71 Overness -- Obnoxious (Bob Holly, Jeff Jarrett, Bart Gunn, Ricky Morton, and Robert Gibson)

Luna Vachon -- 55 Overness -- Crazy (Goldust)

Paul Bearer -- 75 Overness -- Weirdo (Kane and Brian Lee)

Paul Ellering -- 60  Overness -- The Brain (8-Ball and Skull)

Sable -- 70 Overness -- Cheerleader (Marc Mero)

Shane McMahon -- 75 Overness -- Staff Member

Stephanie McMahon -- 70 Overness -- None

Terri Runnels -- 65 Overness -- Cheerleader

Tag-Teams

Brian Lee & Kane (0) -- Brian Lee and Kane -- Double Chokeslam

Legion of Doom (100) -- Hawk and Animal -- Doomsday Device

PG-13 (81) -- JC Ice and Wolfie D

Rhythm N Blues (70) -- Honky Tonk Man and Greg Valintine

Skull and 8-Ball (100) -- 8-Ball and Skull -- H-Bomb

The Godwinns (76) -- Henry O. Godwinn and Phineous I. Godwinn -- Slop Drop

The Headbangers (31) -- Mosh and Thrasher -- Mosh Pit

The Nasty Boys (82) -- Brian Knobbs and Jerry Saggs -- Double DDT

The Newage Outlaws (62) -- Road Dogg and Billy Gunn

The New Midnight Express (10) -- Bart Gunn and Bob Holly

The Rock'N'Roll Express (100) -- Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson

Too Much (53) -- Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor

Stables

D-Generation X

Chyna

Rob Van Dam

Triple H

Leader: Shawn Michaels

NWA

Barry Windham

Bart Gunn

Bob Holly

James E. Cornette

Ricky Morton

Robert Gibson

Leader: Jeff Jarrett

The Nation

D'Lo Brown

Kama Mustafa

Mark Henry

Rocky Miavia

Leader: Faarooq

Memphis Championship Wrestling Roster

(Development League)

Adam Copeland

Andrew Martin

Christian York

Erin O'Grady

Gangrel

Glen Kulka

Jeff Hardy

Joe E. Legend

Joey Matthews

K-Krush

Kid Kash

Matt Hardy

Prince Albert

Recon

Rico Constantino

Scott Borders

Shawn Stasiak

Tiger Ali Signh

Vic Grimes

Edited by JerryLynn420

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCC: Yea, I know Sunday Night HeAT didn't come until August or something...

March 1, 1998

Sunday Night HeAT Recap

WrestleHeat.com

-- Martial artist Steve Blackman defeated NWA member Bob Holly

-- Right after the match, Barry Windham came down to the ring to tell fans how disgusted he is with the world and why there's a reason Texas is called the lonestar state. Luckly, Bradshaw came from the back and told Windham to shove it. Windham challanged Bradshaw to a match later on and Bradshaw accepted.

-- Skull and 8-Ball were in a heavily battled match against Henry and Phineous Goodwin and was able to come out on top with the help of manager Paul Ellering.

-- Nation of Domination member Mark Henry was outmatch by Ahmed Johnson. After the match, while Ahmed Johnson was celebrating shaking hands with the fans, Faarooq came out of nowhere and hit Ahmed Johnson with a chair. Faarooq hit a couple cheap shots until Ahmed Johnson was down and out.

-- There's a few clips of Japanese phenom and WWF Light-Heavyweight Champion Taka Michinoku and Mr. Aguila.

-- Taka Michinoku and Mr. Aguila wrestle a fast paced match. Taka was able to retain his Title with the Michinoku Driver.

-- The main event was Bradshaw against Barry Windham. Bradshaw was going to go for the Clothesline From Hell but hit the ref instead. With the ref out, Windham saw the perfect chance to use his cowbell and used it at his advantage. Bradshaw walked in and got a kiss from the cowbell. Windham pins Bradshaw for the win.

Edited by JerryLynn420

Pretty decent SNH, Realistic though so I'll give you that. I hope to God we don't see Faarooq/Ahmed again, As they met quite alot in '97, Though Ahmed's issues with the nation never really ended.

There's a few screw ups with the roster as far as disposition is concerned, And some guys shouldn't be on the roster (Rude was in WCW, Ellering hadn't come in it) But that's the scenarios problems.

I'll check out Raw and see what you'll do with the main guys from '98 like Undertaker, Austin, Kane, DX etc. Good luck with this man, I'll be reading (Y)

My pick for new DX members are the New Age Outlaws

March 2, 1998

Monday Night RAW

Network: USA Network -- Primetime

Announcing Team: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Attendance: 6,047

Ticket Sales: $241,880

Opening montage play and fans are greeted with fireworks and a welcome from Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler. The quickly run down what's going to happen on Raw before they get interupted by the music of D-Generation X.

D-Generation X proudly presents. . .

Strutting down to the ring is the WWF Heavyweight Champion Shawn Michaels with Triple H, Chyna, and Rick Rude not far behind. D-Generation X gets a mix of boos and cheers from the crowd while entering the ring.

Shawn Michaels "You fans don't know how much I love you! Everytime I enter the ring, I can feel the electricity you guys give me! I just love it when I. . . piss everybody off!"

HBK looks as his fellow DX partner Triple H and gives him a little giggle.

Shawn Michaels "Alright, I know why you guys came to tonight's RAW. You guys came to RAW to see. . . D-Generation X!"

HBK gives Triple H another giggle and a high five. The fans seem to start getting irritated.

Triple H "Come on Shawn, quit teasing the crowd."

Shawn Michaels "Alright, alright. . . fans . . . the D-Generation X is growing bigger every second. You guys don't know that in that backstage area, YOUR favorite wrestler wants to join the biggest group in the WWF to date! That's right, we have the number one contender Stone Cold Steve Austin wanting to join DX! But. . . only champions are allowed to join this precious group. And we talked to all the WWF Title Holders; Rocky Miavia, Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg. But none of them gave us the flare that this man presented us. Fans. . . I give you the NEWEST D-Generation X member. . . Taka Michinoku!"

Jerry Lawler "What?! Taka Michinoku! That little Japanese kid that we hired a few months ago?!

Taka Michinoku's music plays. Taka comes out with no pop from the fans. Taka shows off his WWF Light-Heavyweight Title and brand new D-Generation X t-shirt and walks down to the ring.

Shawn Michaels "Toku, it's an honor that you have accepted my invitation to join D-Generation X. With you on our side, we finally have the power to. . . defeat Godzilla!"

Jim Ross "Boy. Shawn Michaels thinks he's a reeeal jokester."

Shawn Michaels "But real--"

OR: 70

Taka Michinoku gained overness from this segment. Shawn Michaels lost overness from this segment.

The Main Event

Before HBK can finish what he was saying, the sound of glass breaking runs through the arena. Coming out on stage is Stone Cold Steve Austin! Austin walks around the stage and gives fans the salute.

Steve Austin "You guys don't know how sick and tired I am of listening to you sum bitch yappin' about how you can beat the crap out of some dinosaur. HBK. . . you talk about how the Rattlesnake wants to join yer lil' club. I ain't gon' join any club that has a man that looks like a woman (Points to Triple H) and a woman that looks like a man (Points to Chyna)."

Triple H "Austin! You call me a woman! Look who has some gold!  Everyone in this ring has gold! The European Champ! (Raises title) The Light-Heavyweight Champ! (Points to Taka) And the best of all, the World Heavyweight Champ! (Points to HBK) If you so badly want the World Heavyweight Title, you have to prove yourself. And that's why tonight on RAW. . . in the main event. . . I challenge you against Taka Michinoku!"

Jerry Lawler "Taka Michinoku versus Stone Cold! On RAW! What a way to join D-X!"

HBK and Triple H are laughing their asses off while Taka pacing around the ring wondering what he has gotten himself into. Taka whispers something to Triple H clearly saying he doesn't want to wrestle the Rattlesnake.

Triple H "No no no Taku. You'll do great! You're the freakin' Light-Heavyweight Champion! You can take on that! Just think of him as Godzilla!"

Steve Austin "Whoever I'm fightin' I ahready know yer ass is about to get whoop!"

OR: 72

Steve Austin lost overness from this segment. Taka Michinoku gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIALS

Flash Funk d. Goldust w/ Luna Vachon

Goldust owned Funk most of the match. With power bombs and piledrivers. It wasn't until Goldust got side tracked by a fan that Funk found energy inside of him to come back. Funk hit Goldust with a kick to the face, climbed the top rope and hit the devistating Tumbleweed for the win.

OR: 71 CR: 70 MQ: 72

Goldust lost overness from this match. Flash Funk gained overness from this match.

He Ain't Nothing But Manure

Right after the match the camera quickly shifts to somewhere backstage. We see a pair of cowboy boots and people talking. The camera zooms out and on air is the NWA.

Barry Windham "Did you see the look on Bradshaw's face when he puckered up and gave my cowbell a lil' purdy kiss?"

Dan Severn "Well unlike you Windham, I am legit. I don't have need any cowbells, chairs, spurs, none of that."

Barry Windham "Well what are you sayin'? Do you want to end like Bradshaw? Not only down on the ground, but against the NWA?"

Barry Windham and Dan Severn both stand up and before anything can happened are pulled apart.

James E. Cornette "Settle down! Settle down! This is the NWA! I'm not gonna tolerate any of this! You guys are the same team and I want to keep it that way. Now Dan, lets go out there and show Bradshaw what you're made of!"

James E. Cornette walks out of the room. Dan gives Barry Windham a stare before leaving.

OR: 81

James E. Cornette gained overness from this segment.

Bradshaw d. Dan Severn

Severn is down on the canvus. Bradshaw hits Severn with a knee drop. Bradshaw signals to the fans what's coming next. . . the Fallaway slam! Bradshaw pins Severn for the win.

Right after the match, Bradshaw stay in the ring to celebrate. Coming out from the crowd is Barry Windham! Windham slides in the ring with Bradshaw not even knowing who's behind him. Bradshaw turns around and before he knows it, he's on the ground by the Cowbell! It's last night all over again. Windham looks at Bradshaw and leaves the ring.

OR: 60 CR: 51 MQ: 70

COMMERCIALS

Few Minutes With The Champs

Back from commercial break, Kevin Kelly is backstage with the New Age Outlaws.

Kevin Kelly "Hello folks. I'm Kevin Kelly and I'm backstage with the Tag-Team Champions, the New Age Outlaws! Billy Gunn and Road Dogg, what are your thoughts about D-Generation X recruiting WWF Light-Heavyweight Champ Taka Michinoku and not you guys?"

Road Dogg "That was a bad move by the D-Genration X. When they see that they'll fail with the plan they have now, they'll be seeing the New Age Outlaws up and in the sky. And not would have they only gotten one Champ, but they coulda got two! Right now the D-Generation X will see what they missed!"

OR: 78

The New Age Outlaws © vs The Legion of Doom

For The WWF Tag-Team Titles

Hawk took the early advantage on Billy Gunn. The match could of ended early with a neckbreaker on Gunn, but Gunn kicked out before the two count. Billy Gunn was able to bounce back and tag his partner after dodging a flying clothesline. Road Dogg also did no good against LOD. Road Dogg fell for nemerous double team moves. Billy Gunn had enough of his partner getting beaten and decided to get in the ring himself. All four men were in the ring, and it was chaos. The referee doesn't even know who the legal men are. Billy Gunn throws Animal out of the ring. The ref urges both men to get back in the ring. With the ref's back behind him, Road Dogg takes something out of his pocket. Hawk slowly stands up but falls back down by a punch to the face with some brass knuckles! Road Dogg yells at the ref to make the three count.

OR: 79 CR: 82 MQ: 74

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Are you ready?

After the match, camera goes backstage. It shows the front door of D-Generation X's locker room. The door opens and all of the D-Generation X members are there.

Shawn Michaels "Don't worry about it Taku. The Rattlesnake is nothing. We all know dragons are more tougher! And that's you!"

Triple H "Yeah. . . and like what we said, your title makes you a WAY better wrestler than Stone Cold Steve Austin."

Taku feels more and more excited while HHH and HBK try to hype him up.

Shawn Michaels "Now you go out there and show that you earned that belt!"

Taku jumps up and down and walks out of the room.

Triple H "He's a goner."

Shawn Michaels "Yeah, but at least it buys me time before Wrestlemania. . ."

OR: 85

COMMERCIALS

Steve Austin vs Taka Michinoku

Taku takes a beating from Steve Austin mostly the whole match. The whole match, Austin looks like he's never been touched. Taku tries to fight back but has nothing in him to over come the odds. Austin hits the Stone Cold Stunner and earns the win.

The show ends with Steve Austin telling D-Generation X to come down to the ring but no one comes out.

OR: 78 CR: 75 MQ: 82

March 4, 1998

WWF.com

The official website of the World Wrestling Federation

HOME>INSIDE WWF>News>WWF Releases

WWF announce to release several Superstars

March 4, 1998

The World Wrestling Federation have agreed to come in terms on the release of the following Superstars. WWF wishes them great luck in their future.

--Carl Ouelette

--Doug Furnas

--Jacques Rougeau Jr.

--Miguel Perez

--Phil LaFon

--Scott Putski

--Tom Brandi

March 7, 1998

Shotgun Saturday Night

Network: Local Network

Announcing Team: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Clips from the begining and end of RAW begin the telecast. Fans cheer and scream.

Michael Cole "Welcome fans to Shotgun Saturday Night! I'm Michael Cole with my good friend Kevin Kelly."

Kevin Kelly "Tonight is going to be a good one. On the card, we have Nation of Domination member D'Lo Brown against Ken Shamrock!"

"And you can't forget the main event! Triple H will be putting his European Title on the line against Hardcore Icon, Cactus Jack!"

Ken Shamrock vs. D'Lo Brown

Shamrock domminated most of the match schooling the young D'Lo Brown. Shamrock looked to finish the match with the Ankle Lock, but coming from the backstage area is Nation of Domination leader Faarooq. Faarooq slides in the ring and kicks Shamrock in the head to give D'Lo Brown the DQ. After the match, Faarooq and D'Lo Brown decide to stay in the ring and give Shamrock a beating that he gave D'Lo a couple minutes earlier. The athelete that he is, Ken Shamrock tries to fight back but is no use when Faarooq hits the Dominator.

OR: 79 CR: 71 MQ: 87

Ken Shamrock lost overness from this match. D'Lo Brown gained overness from this match. Faarooq is losing overness because of his weak gimmick. D'Lo Brown is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

COMMERCIAL

I'm the European Champion, give me MY TV time

Kevin Kelly "If you just tuned in, Ken Shamrock defeated D'Lo Brown."

Michael Cole "But he didn't win it like he should of. If it wasn't for Faarooq, Shamrock would be in the back celebrating instead of with the medics. . . and that's what where we take you. . ."

Instead of showing Ken Shamrock, instead, the camera is with the European Champion Triple H.

Triple H "I just don't get you guys. I'M the gawd damn European Champion (raises title), and you guys would rather see someone who's hurt? I'm part of the biggest faction in this damn business! All of us have a damn title! And that's how it's going to be after tonight when I defeat the so-called Hardcore Icon. Now get out of my face!"

OR: 79

Jeff Jarrett vs. Marc Mero w/ Sable

The match isn't as terrible as it seems. Both were pretty even throughout the whole match. Jarrett almost took the win with a couple of DDTs. With the help of the crowd and his beautiful bombshell, Mero was able to fight back and hit the Merosault off the top rope for the win.

OR: 75 CR: 74 MQ: 77

Wrestlemania XIV. . . it's almost here

There was a short hype video for the Stone Cold Steve Austin versus Shawn Michaels match at Wrestlemania XIV for the World Heavywieght Title. It showed clips from Austin's win at the Rumble and from previous RAWs.

OR: 88

Triple H © w/ Chyna vs. Cactus Jack

For the WWF European Title

The match was even throughout the whole match. It took a while for both men to get an advantage on one another. There was many two counts in the process. Cactus Jack was very close to winning the Euro Title. Setting up the Double Arm DDT, Triple H was able to get out of it and counter with a Low Blow! Luckly, the referee didn't see what would of caused a DQ if he wasn't paying attention to Chyna. Triple H pins Cactus Jack for the win.

OR: 83 CR: 82 MQ: 85

The WWF European title has gained in image.

Looking good, I'm playing a WWF 1998 game myself at the moment (coming up to King Of The Ring) so it's interesting to see what others would do different. I was contemplating a diary but I've probably tried about 10 over different forums over the years and I just can't keep my interest to do more than a few shows.

"Glam Rock" Tom Brandi = Ratings~~~!111!!!11

Taka Michinoku in DX? It's strange, but I can't wait to see where you go with it. Although I can see Michaels and HHH kicking him out sooner rather than later.

I also like the format of your shows, they're clear and easy to read so that's good. :P

I'll definitely keep reading this as 1998 was one of my favourite years for wrestling.

March 8, 1998

Sunday Night HeAT Preview

Last night on Shotgun Saturday Night, Triple H was able to retain his European Title. Tonight, it's fellow D-Generation X member Taka Michinoku's turn to lay his gold on the line. Who will it be? Mr. Aguila? Flash Funk? Or maybe somebody from the industry?

Also, the Undertaker will appear live on television! The Undertaker has been out for many weeks and will finally speak on his brother and Paul Bearer!

Find out all this and more tomorrow night on USA Network.

March 8, 1998

Sunday Night HeAT

Network: USA Network (Early Evening)

Announcing Team: Kevin Kelly and Shane McMahon

Attendance: 6,050

Ticket Sales: $242,000

Lights flicker orange and black while pyros go off to show the begining of Sunday Night HeAT. When everything cools down, fans are greeted by commentators Kevin Kelly and Shane McMahon.

Kevin Kelly "Welcome fans to Sunday Night HeAT! We're very excited to bring you the best wrestling product in the nation! I'm Kevin Kelly and I'm here with Shane McMahon."

Shane McMahon "Thanks Kevin. . . tonight is going to be filled with a lot of excitement! Taka Michinoku will put his title on the line and Owen Hart will face up against Kane!"

Skull and 8-Ball vs Too Much

The new young tag-team made sure their precense was made for their first match in the World Wrestling Federation. Skull and 8-Ball tried to power their way back, but the agility of the young stars was too much. Scott Taylor hit a flying elbow for the win.

OR: 66 CR: 60 MQ: 73

Deal?

After the match, camera shows NWA members Barry Windham and Jeff Jarrett backstage.

Jeff Jarrett "You got me right? I know that scumbag is going to pull something against me."

Barry Windham "Don't worry Jeff, I have everything under control. Just be sure to distract the ref and I'll have him meet my pretty baby."

Camera fades while Barry looks at his cowbell and gives it a hug.

OR: 70

COMMERCIALS

Bradshaw vs. Jeff Jarrett

Both men are pretty even throughout the match. Bradshaw took advantage when reversing a power bomb. During the match, NWA member Barry Windham slowly walks down to the ring. Bradshaw loses attention in the match and irish whips Jarrett into the ref. Windham slides in the ring and hits Bradshaw with the cowbell! Everyone is out! Windham drags Jarrett onto Bradshaw and the ref wakes up for the three count.

After the match, Barry Windham and Jeff Jarrett stay in the ring to give Bradshaw the beating of a lifetime. Barry watches Bradshaw slowly get up and waits to hit the Superplex. Before that can happen. . .

Kevin Kelly "Look who's in the ring! It's NWA member Dan Severn! He's helping Bradshaw against his own teammates!"

Severn cleans house. He throws Jarrett out of the ring, same with Windham. Severn looks at Bradshaw to see if he's alright.

Shane McMahon "What does this mean Kevin? Is Severn out of the NWA?"

As they leave, Windham and Jarrett are shocked on who just helped Bradshaw.

OR: 71 CR: 72 MQ: 71

Dan Severn's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Dan Severn gained overness from this turn.

Kevin Kelly "Was that a shocker Shane! Who would of thought Dan turning on the team that made him? I'm sure he's goning to say something tomorrow night on RAW!"

Shane McMahon "Or maybe even worse, the NWA doing something to Dan!"

Ken Shamrock vs. Mark Henry

While Ken Shamrock is walking down towards the ring, out of nowhere comes the strongest man on earth Mark Henry, but also D'Lo Brown! They throw Shamrock in the ring with Faarooq, Kama Mustafa, and Rocky Miavia already in it!

Kevin Kelly "Oh my?! Look what the Nation is doing to Shamrock! This is suppose to be a one versus one match! Not five against one!"

Shane McMahon "I guess it's very unlucky to be Ken Shamrock the last few days. A loss taken away from you last night, and now a match? What's next. . . his life?"

Shamrock is taking all the beating he can. He's basicly a dead fish. After a Rock Bottom, Powerslam, and Domminator on the chair, Shamrock is all done and battered. The medics run to the ring to help, but it's all but too late. The Nation leaves with their heads high and proud on what they just did to a human being.

OR: 73

Mark Henry debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

COMMERCIALS

Kevin Kelly "Fans, if you just tuned in, Ken Shamrock took the worst beating I've ever seen in my life by the Nation of Domination."

Clips of the Shamrock beating shows.

Kevin Kelly "We are not sure of Shamrock's health but we'll keep you updated if we hear anything new."

Taka Michinoku © vs. ???

For the Light-Heavyweight Title

Taka is in the ring waiting for the announcer to announce who his opponent is. Unheard music plays and fans get on their feet to see who's coming out from the back.

Kevin Kelly "I can't believe it! Vince must've pulled strings to bring in Rob Van Dam!"

The 25 yearold rushes down to the ring to get the match started.

Rob Van Dam took control in the begining of the match. Round house kick after round house kick, it sure looked like RVD will come up on top. The tables turned when D-Generation X member Shawn Michaels came down to the ring. While the ref was telling HBK to go back up the ramp, Taka Michinoku took out brassknuckles and hit RVD square in the head! Taka yelled at the ref for the three count and the win.

OR: 73 CR: 61 MQ: 86

Rob Van Dam lost overness from this match. Taka Michinoku gained overness from this match. The WWF Light-Heavyweight title has gained in image. Rob Van Dam is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

2 can play that game

After the match, HBK and Taka Michinoku stay in the ring to celebrate. They stay a little too long because coming out on stage is Stone Cold Steve Austin! He runs down the ring and before you know it, takes out Taka and HBK! He looks at Rob Van Dam who's still in the ring and then grabs a mic.

Steve Austin "You lil' sum bitches wanna go two on one every damn time yer lil' group comes out to wrestle? Well the Rattlesnake can play that game. If you want to see Stone Cold team up with Rob Van Dam and take on the D-Generation X tomorrow night on RAW, give me a hell yeah! "

Fans chant Hell yeah!

Steve Austin "So what it's gonna be?"

Taka Michinoku and Shawn Michaels are stunned at what just happened. They look at Austin and RVD and just leave.

Kevin Kelly "What does this mean? Did D-Generation X accept the challange or not?"

OR: 76

Steve Austin lost overness from this segment. Taka Michinoku gained overness from this segment. Shawn Michaels lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIALS

Shane McMahon "Fans, tonight has been a wild night of Sunday Night HeAT! And we still have plent more! After this match, Undertaker will appear live and in-ring!"

Owen Hart vs. Kane w/ Paul Bearer

Kane seemed just too big and powerful for Owen. Owen, with the help of the croud was able to reverse powerbomb. Owen had a little steam and had a combination of punches, suplexes, and DDTs to get himself back in the match. Kane, just like his brother showed these moves were no effect on his body whatsoever. Owen runs into a kick to the face, and Kane finishes him off with a Tombstone Piledriver!

OR: 83 CR: 86 MQ: 78

The Undertakers return

The match is over and Kane and Paul Bearer are still in the ring. Bearer is yelling the likes of "Come out Undertaker" to the entrance stage. The lights darken, smoke appears around the arena, and the Phenom's theme music plays.

Shane McMahon "Here he is Kevin! He's finally back!"

The Undertaker comes out with the fans 100% behind him.

Shane McMahon "Kane and Paul Bearer are still in the ring! What does this mean. . . ANOTHER match?!"

The Undertaker walks down to the ring. While entering the ring, the lights go back on. The Undertaker is face to face with his brother Kane! Owen Hart slowly gets up. While Owen gets up, the Undertaker smacks him in the face!

Kevin Kelly "What the? The Undertaker is beating the crap out of Owen!"

The fans are confussed. The Undertaker picks up Owen and hits the Tombstone Piledriver and then throws him out of the ring. He stares at Kane and then shakes hands with Paul Bearer.

Paul Bearer "You guys thought I couldn't do it! You guys thought the Undertaker will go against his own brother! No he won't! Family is all that matters!"

The show ends with the Undertaker walking up the ramp with Kane and Paul Bearer.

OR: 91

Kane gained overness from this segment. The Undertaker's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. The Undertaker gained overness from this turn.

Edited by JerryLynn420

March 9, 1998

WWF.com

The official website of the World Wrestling Federation

HOME>TV SHOWS>RAW

Monday Night RAW changed to RAW IS WAR

March 9, 1998

WWF has changed their prime time television show Monday Night RAW name to RAW IS WAR.

HOME>TV SHOWS>RAW>Preview

What's up with the Undertaker?

March 9, 1998

On Sunday Night HeAT, Stone Cold Steve Austin decided to team himself up with newest WWF Superstar, Rob Van Dam and challange D-Generation X members, Taka Michinoku and Shawn Michaels in a tag-team match! Find out tonight if the D-X members accept!

Also on HeAT, we saw the return of the Undertaker. We expected him to fight Kane, but not alongside. Tonight, the Phenom will speak on his decision to team with his brother and former manager!

All this and more Monday at 9/8 CT only on USA Network.

HOME>INSIDE WWF>News>WWF Releases

WWF announce to release several Superstars

March 9, 1998

WWF has agreed to release the remaining wrestlers in Los Boricus; Savio Vega, Jesus Castillo, and Jose Estrada Jr.

The World Wrestling Federation have agreed to come in terms on the release of the following Superstars. WWF wishes them great luck in their future.

--Carl Ouelette

--Doug Furnas

--Jacques Rougeau Jr.

--Miguel Perez

--Phil LaFon

--Scott Putski

--Tom Brandi

--Brooklyn Brawler

Edited by JerryLynn420

I don't know about the swerve with Undertaker joining Kane, I guess we'll have to wait for Undertaker versus Kane a little bit longer. It doesn't really make sense for him to join Kane since Kane was hell bent on destroying Undertaker since he came to the WWF, Hopefully you'll give a good explanation as to why Undertaker turned.

March 9, 1998

user posted image

Network: USA Network (Prime Time)

Announcing Team: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Attendance: 6,005

Ticket Sales: $240,200

Opening montage plays. Instead of the usual red and black pyro and RAW theme song, it's green and black with the D-Generation X theme song. Fans star to boo when they see the Heart Break Kid followed by Triple H, Chyna, Rick Rude, and Taka Michinoku walk down to the ring.

Lets just start right now

Shawn Michaels "I'm just going to make this short. . . and simple. On Sunday Night Heat, Stone Cold had to get in between D-Generation X plans. . . again! What do you want Austin? I'm going to give you your title shot at Wrestlemania XIV! Now you want to face me and Taka Michinoku against you and a HBK wannabe?"

HBK folds his arms and thinks for a moment.

Shawn Michael "I say. . . lets get it on right now!"

Fans cheer.

Jerry Lawler "Are you kidding me JR? This is the first time ever I've seen a main event match be the first!"

Stone Cold theme music hits. Stone Cold comes running down to the ring, Rob Van Dam right behind him. Stone Cold and RVD slide in the ring and at the same time, D-Generation X slide out of it.

Jim Ross "Aww. . . come on Shawn! You said you wanted a fight, now you got it! Why are you running away like a scared man?"

Walking up the ramp, still looking at Stone Cold, HBK mouths 'Later tonight.'

OR: 82

Rob Van Dam debuted his new gimmick, it got a negative response. Rob Van Dam gained overness from this segment. Taka Michinoku gained overness from this segment.

Jerry Lawler "What do you think is going to happen now? Is the match still on?"

Jim Ross "I hope so. The WWF Champ shouldn't run away like that."

Vader vs. Faarooq

This match is better then expected. It's one of the best brawls we've seen all year. Both men put their hearts in this match. Both were evenly matched throughout the whole match. Vader was able to get the upperhand when hitting a piledriver. He for sure had the victory, but it slip right out of his hands. While going for the Vader Bomb, Faarooq rolled out and hit the Dominator for the win.

OR: 81 CR: 70 MQ: 93

Faarooq is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

I'm hurt, but I'll still fight

After the match, Faarooq is still in the ring to show the fans who he is. The fans start to cheer for some odd reason. Faarooq thinks their cheering for him, when suddenly a tapped up Ken Shamrock is in the ring!

Jim Ross "Ken Shamrock isn't suppose to be here tonight. He's suppose to be in the hospital resting his body!"

Jerry Lawler "Ken Shamrock has balls to get beat up by Faarooq again."

Shamrock starts punching Faarooq, but it's no use. Faarooq pushes Shamrock to the canvus and starts kicking him. Faarooq pulls Shamrock up and hits the Dominator! Shamrock is holding his back as if it's broken. Faarooq leaves the ring with the medics running down to the ring. . . again.

OR: 68

COMMERCIALS

I'm down for anywhere and anytime!

After the commercial break, we see Kevin Kelly backstage with Bradshaw.

Kevin Kelly "Bradshaw, the past couple of weeks you've had a little grudge against Barry Windham and the NWA. What caused this?"

Bradshaw "Kevin. To tell you the truth, I don't know what's Barry or the NWA's problem. I've done nothing that coulda got their cowboy hats on too tight. I'm just here to do my job and win."

Kevin Kelly "What about Dan Severn? What is between you two?"

Bradshaw "Dan just so happened to dislike his former partners. If he wants to join me, I'm fine. If not, g'luck to him."

OR: 68

Bradshaw gained overness from this segment.

Dan Severn vs Bart Gunn

The match was pretty decent, but the fans just couldn't get into it. Gunn went straight at Severn for leaving the NWA. He hit him with a lot of punches to the face and to the stomach as if it was a boxing match. Severn was able to bounce back with his UFC-fighting style, taking Gunn to the ground and hitting him with a punches to the head of his own. Severn had some steam behind him and hit three body slams in a row! Severn looks like a snake waiting to strike. . . and he locks in the Beast Choker. Before Bart Gunn can tap out, running down the ring is Barry Windham! Barry slides in and hits Dan Severn over the head with his cowbell. This is it, the match is over. Dan Severn wins by DQ. The ref tries to stop Windham from destroying Severn but all he gets is a shove in the face. Gunn and Windham are beating on their former partner. When they're done, they walk back up the ramp smiling at what just happened.

OR: 65 CR: 50 MQ: 81

Why Undertaker why?

It's dark, gloomy, and raining. It looks like it's in a cemetary. The camera zooms out and shows two tombstones clearly owned by the parents of the Undertaker and Kane. On camera now is Paul Bearer with the Undertaker holding a umbrella.

Paul Bearer "Why Undertaker why? Why did you have to turn on everyone around you? You turned on your fans, and you turned on your parents! Because of you, we're here now morming their death. If you weren't a bad child and set your parents' funeral parlor on fire, they would be here! And not only that, but you're little brother Kane wouldn't have to wear a mask to cover up his burnt face. Now what do you have to say to yourself?!"

The Undertaker tips his hat to cover his face.

Paul Bearer "You deserve to be there. Not your parents! And that's where you'll be at Wrestlemania!"

Jim Ross "What does that mean?"

Jerry Lawler "I don't know, but Paul Bearer is too creepy to look at."

OR: 79

The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIALS

I'm glad to be here

We come back from commercials and backstage with Michael Cole is Rob Van Dam.

Michael Cole "Hello fans. I'm backstage with Rob-Van-Dam. RVD, you made your debut on Sunday Night Heat. How is it so far in the World Wrestling Federation?"

Rob Van Dam "Aww man. . . you don't know how stoked I am to be here! It's just great man. But you know, teaming up with Austin later tonight against Taka Michinoku and Shawn Michaels, that's even better! I'm pumped."

RVD kicks the air and then a spinning heel kick.

Rob Van Dam "Now you'll be seeing more of THAT on your television screen."

OR: 66

Cactus Jack vs. Rocky Miavia

Youngster Rocky Miavia had the edge on Cactus Jack in the begining of the match. With his agility and speed, Miavia seemed to lead for the win. But going on cruise control, Miavia forgot Cactus Jack is a veteren in the ring. Cactus reversed a DDT, same with the match. Miavia receives a couple punches and then Snap Suplex which give Cactus a two count. Instead of focusing on Miavia, Cactus argues with the ref. This buys Miavia some time to gain some energy. Cactus finally realizes he can't win the argument and goes back to the match. Miavia, watching him like a wolf goes in for the kill and goes for the Rock Bottom! But Cactus saw it coming and came with a Rock Bottom of his own! Cactus pins Miavia for the win.

OR: 84 CR: 87 MQ: 79

We'll do it as a team!. . .

Camera is backstage in the D-Generation X locker room. Shawn Michaels and Taka Michinoku are warming up for their match.

Shawn Michaels "Come on Taka! Are you ready?!"

Taka is jumping up and down and nodding his head smiling.

Shawn Michaels "It's going to be a piece of cake. Now don't let last week bother you. It's okay if you got your ass whoop by Austin. I'm here this time."

Taka is still nodding his head and smiling.

Shawn Michaels "Now lets go!"

HBK points to the door and Taka heads out the door. HBK walks towards the door, peaks his head outside of it and closes it.

Triple H "So you're leaving him out there himself?"

HBK gives a little smile.

Triple H "You little sly dog."

Triple H smiles and they give eachother little girl giggles.

OR: 82

COMMERCIALS

Taka Michinoku vs. Steve Austin and Rob Van Dam

Taka comes out to the crowd and suprised his partner is no where to be found. He watches the Rattlesnake and RVD come down to the ring and finally realizes he's going to be in a handicap match when the bell rings.

The first couple of minutes, instead of fighting, Taka was trying to get away from Austin as far as possible. Austin was finally able to catch Taka and gave him a dozen to the head. Austin threw Taka in the corner and did that ten punch count thingy. Taka was basicly a sitting duck for the second week in a row. RVD came in and excited the croud with his fast-shoot style wrestling skills. RVD hit the Five-Star Frog Splash. Suprisingly, Taka kicked out of it for some reason. RVD tagged in Austin and Austin finished the match with the Stone Cold Stunner.

After the match, Austin and RVD stay in the ring to celebrate their victory. Austin grabs a couple beers and hands one to RVD to show they can build a friendship. . . wrong. After RVD took his first sip, Austin kicked him in the stomach and hit the Stone Cold Stunner. He picked him and Taka up and threw them out of the ring as the show ends.

OR: 80 CR: 73 MQ: 88

I don't know about the swerve with Undertaker joining Kane, I guess we'll have to wait for Undertaker versus Kane a little bit longer. It doesn't really make sense for him to join Kane since Kane was hell bent on destroying Undertaker since he came to the WWF, Hopefully you'll give a good explanation as to why Undertaker turned.

Good Raw, I laughed at HBK leaving Taka all on his own. Can you post like what the current Wrestlemania card is? I know Austin/HBK but what about the rest? I liked Bearer revealing that Undertaker set the fire, Hopefully Undertaker will have a good Wrestlemania opponent.