Will DVD-Rs work in a PS2?

Guest SelfHighFive

Guest SelfHighFive

I ask this because I have a massive load of stuff I need off my computer, and instead of just using CD-Roms to put them on, I wanna use DVD-Rs, but I only have a PS2 to play them in, and I'm not sure if they would work, anyone know?

backups arent neccercerly illegal and modchips are 100% legale

ps2 dos not take dvd-r without modchip, it dos play CD-r audio cd´s without modchip, thats it.

with the right modchip the laser defenetly will read DVD-R, it´s just about the block being killed;- DVD-rw, DVD+R and DVD+RW are not suported by the older moddels.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest TheKarnivalShow

I bought a DVD-R from IPVideos.com and it does in fact work in your PS2. And I don't have a mod chip or anything it is just a standard PS2.

Guest Takayamanofear

Yeah DVD Rs work fine, I have a DVD R recorder and I have also recorded some highlight videos onto a DVD and both played fine on the computer. You can't play DVD R games that are burned though.