Why won't my PS2 play Attitude?

Pepsi Punk

I was at my brothers house and was bored, so I popped WWF Attitude into his PS2. It worked fine and I enjoyed going through career with D'Lo Brown. So the next day I took Attitude home, along with the PS1 memory card. When I got home I put it into my PS2 and it always freezes at the screen that has all the copyrights and trademarks on it. I tried it atleast 10 or 12 times and every time the same thing.

Yeah, so help me.

I remember Attitude well. I like how in some areas the game is stil years ahead of the Smackdown games (not really saying much though). Create your own arena? Insignificant, but fun nonetheless.

It sounds like a problem with the disc itself. Give it a good clean and try again. I know this because I had the exact same problem with Attitude on my PSOne a few years back, and cleaning the disc helped it. If that fails then I really have no idea.

Clean both the disc and the console, that's all you can try. If it has flatlined, second hand copies aren't hard to come by, and they're pretty cheap (I'm sure I've seen it around for £5/$10).

Great game, I really enjoyed it. The only annoying thing was the pausing for movelist checking :P

I washed it with a damp cloth and that worked. It is the worst game ever for multiplayer. My brother kept getting mad if I checked the movelist(I used to always get mad at him for this)so I was just randomly pressing buttons. Luckily I remembered how to do the Sky High and won.

After that I made an obese rapper and had a 33 minute match against the same created guy. Show me a WWE game today that will let you have matches like that.

man, Attitude was some of the funnest moments I had with wrestling games. In attitude, the gameplay wasn't the best, but you could make literally ANYONE without putting a lot of time into them. It was cool because me and my friend made four of our teachers, made a bet, put them all on CPU and had a 4 way match to see who won.

It could be the laser reader in your PS2 is just playing up, I personally haven't had this problem but I know its a reasonably common breakdown in older PS2 models.

Attitude is good fun after learning it properly, I could never quite manage it with my Playstation though. Go Dreamcast!