The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great game by Heatly. He's back to fucking form eh gentlemen?

I love how everyone raved that Atlanta got the better end of the trade, while Heatley has been a key factor in Ottawa's success, while Atlanta flounders and Hossa is helpless to make a difference. I think Montreal caught NY on a good night, cause the Rangers were going hard and I never saw them let down in any of the footage I saw. Was really disappointed by the Canucks game, I mean it was a great game, but when I saw them hold off for overtime, I thought they were going to come out heavy, instead they make another bad play with the defense jumping too far into the play. Great hockey all around the league, besides the Leafs of course because they obviously weren't playing hockey.

The other reason that they gave up two players was salary cap space, and since they were considering just buying out DeVries' contract, putting him in that trade and sweetening the deal for Atlanta seemed like a good thing.

And as far as last night goes, the two teams looked like they didn't belong in the same league. One looked like on of the better NHL Clubs, while the other looked like a bunch of misguided 13 year olds.

Guest Grapehead

I am not saying it was a bad trade, I am actually one of the people who thought that it favored Ottawa if Heatley played like he did before the accident... which it looks like he has.

Guest Grapehead

Fuck, Sens lost to Philly. From what I caught on the radio, the Sens had some serious penalty trouble, and that pisses me off hardcore. Yet to see any highlights, and since my dish is being a twat I won't tonight.

Thanks Clawson, but that's been my background for a couple of months already :P

Leafs played like absolute shit on Saturday. I turned it on and it was 2-0, and then I laughed when Brian McGrattan beat up Tie Domi, and then I laughed some more when the Sens kept scoring.

Quite an awful, awful game. Sens were good, though.

I like how Murray gave the third and fourth lines more playing time during the end of the game, to avoid running up the score, but it just didn't work. The Leafs were just too bad.

Lines were juggled in practice today. The Kids Line [the only decent line from Saturday] was broken up. Steen and Stajan will still play together, but now will be centered by Allison. Tucker will be re-united with 03/04 linemate Tie Domi with Wellwood in the center. Lindros will be centering O'Neill and Ponikarovsky, and Wilm will likely center Kilger and BELAK.

On defence, with Berg returning, he will most likely be paired with Kronwall, while KhavaKlee and McCaberle will be reused.

I also heard that Perrott was sent down [and thus placed on waivers], and let me just say, THANK FUCK. The guy is an enforcer, yet he fails to do ANYTHING related to the job. He doesn't hit, he doesn't fight, he doesn't take one for the team.. he's the anti-Domi.

It's not like Domi is hitting and fighting lately. I think he thinks he's Kris Draper or something.

Speaking of hits though, Matt Cooke has been outstanding for the Canucks. Playing against Burnbay Joe he's been throwing down, crashing the net, making shit happen. Who needs the Butcher when the Cooker is playing like an all-star?

Guest Grapehead

Speaking of hitting, I love Brian McGratton, he's my new fucking hero. The Sens are so much better now with a guy like McGratton to get his hands dirty with the checks and the fights, now we wont get bullied around so much.

Sens played great, then played like shit. But at least they could score in there loss!

Belak playing on offense doesn't bother me as much as Belak as a defenceman. At least this way, if he screws up, hopefully the two d-men will be there to cover for him. And Belak can be used as a defense winger or as an agitator.

Great game the Rangers vs Habs was. Goaltending battle till the third period. Montreal played really well. Tons of pressure in the second and third and it showed with 4 goals in the third period. Theo seemed back on game, Lundqvist was great again, even if he did let in 3.

Guest Grapehead

I have a bad feeling about tonight's game. Ottawa was undefeated, period, and then they lost to Carolina... well then they were still undefeated at home, before losing to Philly... and now they are still undefeated in their division, and play Buffalo tonight... ugh, I worry too much.

EDIT: Well, Brian Murray has reorganized the lines for tonight, and considering Heatley, Spezza, and Alfredsson are playing together... score. Havlat got shoved to third line, Murray is pretty upset with him and rightfully so, should be interesting to see if Havlat can earn a higher spot on the lines with his play tonight.

Edited by Grapehead

look at it this way no team was every going to be 82-0 or 41-0 at home... and Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson together is pretty sweet line especially since Spezza works well with Heatley and has shown he works well with Alfredsson on the powerplay.

Ottawa is currently destroying Buffalo as the score is 10-4. Havlat has 4 goals, Alfredsson has 4 goals and 2 assists, Heatley has 2 goals and an assist, and Spezza has 4 assists. If Havlat gets one more goal he will have a goal for every game he missed (Y) .

Hell of a game. That Alfred-Spetz-Heater line is deadly. Just keep Dany Heatley away from a live microphone. I didn't think anyone could do a worse version of that song then the Killers, but damn, I was so, so wrong.

Apparently Spezza and Staal are tied for point leaders followed by Heatley and Alfredsson... or Alfredsson and Healtey... either way after the last few games I am not surprised.

Good win for Ottawa, hopefully they can continue this tomorrow against Tampa Bay.

Guest Grapehead

Hell of a game. That Alfred-Spetz-Heater line is deadly. Just keep Dany Heatley away from a live microphone. I didn't think anyone could do a worse version of that song then the Killers, but damn, I was so, so wrong.

Fucking hell. Sens AREN'T dirty. Sens AREN'T overpayed. Sens AREN'T a bunch of assholes. Sens ARE kicking many different kinds of ass this year. Somewhere in my Leafs-loving, Sens-hating mind, whatever it is that controls logic is weeping right now.