Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Grapehead

Nah Beaty the Sens are a bunch of assholes. Except for that sexy sexy beast named Chara.

Hopefully Ottawa's tradition of dominating the regular season then getting their asses handed to them in the playoffs continued if this play keeps up.

Another thing, Biron is fucked, after such a poor performance his trade value has certainly decreased. Not to say all the goals are the goalies fault, because with Ottawa coming down the ice, it's certainly not, but Biron was brutal out there.

Biron let in a few smelly goals, and those breakaways he went down too early, but he was basically handcuffed by his team's sloppy defensive zone play. Ryan Miller would have lost that game. And Mika Noronen did not play much better. Both managed to surrender goals on the first two shots in net. Not even mentioning that the Buffalo "crowd"... if you could even call it that, I've seen bigger crowds to watch the Canucks on TV then that... the Buffalo... assembled peoples... booed the shit out of the poor guy when he was really basically hung out to dry by his team. The periods when Buffalo wasn't playing like a team full of AHL depth players, both goalies had flashes of brillance, it was just overshadowed by the mountain of shit heaped on them by a tired and young Sabres team unable to stop what is arguably the best line in the league.

Guest Grapehead

Another thing, Biron is fucked, after such a poor performance his trade value has certainly decreased. Not to say all the goals are the goalies fault, because with Ottawa coming down the ice, it's certainly not, but Biron was brutal out there.

Biron let in a few smelly goals, and those breakaways he went down too early, but he was basically handcuffed by his team's sloppy defensive zone play. Ryan Miller would have lost that game. And Mika Noronen did not play much better. Both managed to surrender goals on the first two shots in net. Not even mentioning that the Buffalo "crowd"... if you could even call it that, I've seen bigger crowds to watch the Canucks on TV then that... the Buffalo... assembled peoples... booed the shit out of the poor guy when he was really basically hung out to dry by his team. The periods when Buffalo wasn't playing like a team full of AHL depth players, both goalies had flashes of brillance, it was just overshadowed by the mountain of shit heaped on them by a tired and young Sabres team unable to stop what is arguably the best line in the league.

As far as the Buffalo goalies go, sure, they didn't have a great night, but when the two teams play the way they did it is very difficult to blame them.

Now, as far as the comments go about the Sens getting their asses handed to them in the playoffs go, I will be the first to admitt that they have not done so great. But it's not as if Toronto has done much better. Sure, they beat Ottawa, but only to lose in the next round every single time. And I'm sure that within the span of 40 years Ottawa will have at least ONE cup to show for it.

Guest Grapehead

I've waited a long time for a season like this, put up with the likes of Lance Pitlick sucking it up and watched my team suffer since I was a wee boy. Now is Ottawa's chance to breakthrough and become a name, instead of just that team that loses to Toronto in the playoffs. They've already accomplished most everything short of the actual Cup, winning the Presidents trophy, making it to the Eastern Conference Finals(and only losing to the would be Stanley Cup Champions). There's no one single team going to deny the Sens this year, it'll take the whole damn Eastern Conference.

I have a proposition for you Senators fans.

Ottawa and Toronto naturally hate one another. It's a force of nature; like Arsenal and Tottenham hating one another, like Millwall fans being thugs, like Charlton NEVER, EVER getting any decent press in the media. But there is one thing we can ALL agree on; Canadian hockey teams are infinitely better than American teams.

Together, the Habs and the Leafs have more Stanley Cup victories over the total of the entire NHL south of the border. The Sens are in insane form at the moment (and this is praise from me. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool fan; once I start following a team, I do not stop for anything). The Canucks have Todd Bertuzzi.

So, I propose that we accept that one another's teams rock, and that any from south of the borders suck like a thousand whores working in unison. Any takers?

You're telling me you think Biron was ace tonight aside from the poor performance of the rest of his team and the lack of morale support from the crowd? There's no two ways about it, Biron was brutal in net, so was Noronen mind you, but Noronen isn't the one Buffalo is trying to auction off. The Sens probably would've killed any goalie out there, given, but when you're trying to get traded you have to step it up a bit. I didn't see Biron play a game worthy of being a backup goalie, let alone a starter. Maybe it was just a rough night for Biron, and it probably was, but you can't say the blame doesn't fall on him at all, because even if Buffalo had've played a better game, he probably still would've let in those 6 goals. You can't tell me you'd expect Biron to get the same trade value from every interested GM now, because he won't, GMs think he's iffy now at best.

That's not what I said. I said Biron was smelly. One of the key points I made was that Ryan Miller would have lost that game. Here, tell it on the mountain brother Prime Time.

As far as the Buffalo goalies go, sure, they didn't have a great night, but when the two teams play the way they did it is very difficult to blame them.

That's what I was trying to say. Did Martin Biron earn any Vezina votes last night? No. Did his trade value probably suffer? Yeah. But did Martin Biron put on a Red Light Raciot inspired clinic on how to suck dick as a goaltender? No. He was caught with a few smelly goals, but even the best goalies let in stinkers from time to time. The bottom line is that on the vast majority of Sens goals, the defensive coverage was either caught up ice, winded and unable to catch them, out of position and lost to the skill level of the Sens, or off in the concourse buying programs. You could say the exact same for the breakaways, but I didn't go so far as to let him off the hook as I said he went down too early. But Biron cannot be held solely responsible when his tired, young team, totally outclassed, plays with no fire and no energy for about 40 minutes of a sixty minute game. Hell, I don't think Dominic Hasek playing for the Sabres could have earned then the win. The Sensators had more skill, more passion, and more energy. There was no hope to survive make your time.

Also, don't forget Ryan Miller got ventilated by the Sens for the tune of five goals I think. There is a talent discrephency between the teams, and with the Sabres tired and playing asleep, it's even more evident.

Biron still looked better then Lalime has so far this season!

ZING!

Holy shit, you aren't kidding.

I mean, it's not like St. Louis has that good of a team, but still, god damn Lalime has been sucking the cock of life.

Lalime used to only play this bad in the playoffs, but now he is just playing like a huge turd. He has let in so many weak goals, and in games where St. Louis should be winning, Lalime's play has let them down huge.

Ottawa and Toronto naturally hate one another. It's a force of nature; like Arsenal and Tottenham hating one another, like Millwall fans being thugs, like Charlton NEVER, EVER getting any decent press in the media. But there is one thing we can ALL agree on; Canadian hockey teams are infinitely better than American teams.

Together, the Habs and the Leafs have more Stanley Cup victories over the total of the entire NHL south of the border. The Sens are in insane form at the moment (and this is praise from me. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool fan; once I start following a team, I do not stop for anything). The Canucks have Todd Bertuzzi.

So, I propose that we accept that one another's teams rock, and that any from south of the borders suck like a thousand whores working in unison. Any takers?

On the subject of goalies that suck during the playoffs, it looks like Dan Cloutier will miss the next two games with brain fart.

My friend and I actually made a line of latitude our border (Since he happens to like Detroit and I root for Buffalo teams [My dad's from there]). The border was slightly below NYC and made sure to exclude East Rutherford. I forget how we did it. It was a few years back.

Guest Grapehead

Ugh, what a game, hardly had me excited for some reason, I don't know why as there was good action but I just wasn't sitting up like I usually do. I am thoroughly disgusted at the interference call on Hasek, that was just completely lame and it was THE worst call I've seen in awhile. Also there were more than a few weak calls on the Sens, but regardless they still pulled through and handed the Bolts a tough loss. The Lightning played very well, and much better than their last encounter with Ottawa, but couldn't make that final play to get the go ahead goal when they had the momentum. Good enough game, but that call on Hasek really ruined any good mood I could've taken from the play of the Sens, happy about the win though.