The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

The less said about that Canucks game the better.

Man was that Sidney winner something though? I'm still convinced Ovechkin is the better player but at this point it's like comparing Jaromir Jagr and Teemu Sellane... they're both pretty fucking good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, I'm getting sick to my stomach watching TSN right now as they get every player to jizz over Crosby. Honestly he scored a fucking shootout on a little deke and they're hailing it as the most amazing goal.

Get over yourselves TSN and every other media outlet, Ovechkin has truckloads more talented. That hit on Colin White today was a beauty too.

Wow, I'm getting sick to my stomach watching TSN right now as they get every player to jizz over Crosby. Honestly he scored a fucking shootout on a little deke and they're hailing it as the most amazing goal.

Get over yourselves TSN and every other media outlet, Ovechkin has truckloads more talented. That hit on Colin White today was a beauty too.

Yeah it was a tight game for the first two periods and Toronto didn't show up for the third.

It's funny how nobody says anything about their teams when they lose but if Leafs fans don't start posting about their losses, everyone else starts chastising them.

Shut up with the double fucking standards.

Edited by grind your soul

Speaking of double standards the refs in the Leafs/Habs game is brutal. Poni clearly got ridden into Theo by Koivu yet it was goaltender interference resulting in a goal then O'Neill gets hooked when trying to go in and no call but there is one on Koivu on a questionable call so it worked out

This is a joke, I swear I'm watching soccer with all the diving too. At least Kovalev got called on one.

And Begin missing the empty net: :lmao:

Guest Grapehead

Yeah it was a tight game for the first two periods and Toronto didn't show up for the third.

It's funny how nobody says anything about their teams when they lose but if Leafs fans don't start posting about their losses, everyone else starts chastising them.

Shut up with the double fucking standards.

I post after most of my teams losses, I don't have sattelite so I've only seen half of the Canucks games, four wins and two losses I think, one of which was the terrible lose to the Avalanche I missed most of.

By the way, in that Canucks Avalanche game there was a two on one with the goalie pulled and Sami Salo had to make a save. I laughed.

That O'Neill goal tonight was pretty fly, for a white guy.

About the Crosby shootout winner: STFU, that shit was off the hook. The way the water bottle got hang time off the net was insane. Most people cannot shoot a backhand with that kind of velocity, especially not while trying to deke around a goalie. That's usually wrist shot power. That Crosby did that AFTER dancing around the goalie and making him look like a DEL backup was amazing. Spezza's goal was awesome, and a bit better because he did it in a game, but it got fair play at the time and was considered at the time absolutely amazing. It's of no suprise to me that Clawson doesn't consider it a good goal since his hockey knowledge is about as limited as his experience with concious women.

In short, the goal was awesome, but yes Ovechkin is better, and holyshitthekidcancrunchbodies.

AUGHHH!!!!!!!

Too many men?! Too many fucking men?! Goddamnit. That and what kind of luck was on the Leafs side for the goal they got to tie it up. Grr... It's a piss off especially when Montreal outplayed Toronto for a good large chunk of the game. Belfour saved Toronto over and over again. Was a fun game to watch, but Montreal blew it so badly.

Canucks looked very sharp against the Wings, Bertuzzi picking up the hat trick and Cloutier playing pretty sharp. He even took a headbutt at the puck. Showing little ill efects of his PCS.

Josh Green looked pretty good too. Shame the Canucks are going to kill the guy with the constant demotions.

I post after most of my teams losses, I don't have sattelite so I've only seen half of the Canucks games, four wins and two losses I think, one of which was the terrible lose to the Avalanche I missed most of.

By the way, in that Canucks Avalanche game there was a two on one with the goalie pulled and Sami Salo had to make a save. I laughed.

That O'Neill goal tonight was pretty fly, for a white guy.

About the Crosby shootout winner: STFU, that shit was off the hook. The way the water bottle got hang time off the net was insane. Most people cannot shoot a backhand with that kind of velocity, especially not while trying to deke around a goalie. That's usually wrist shot power. That Crosby did that AFTER dancing around the goalie and making him look like a DEL backup was amazing. Spezza's goal was awesome, and a bit better because he did it in a game, but it got fair play at the time and was considered at the time absolutely amazing. It's of no suprise to me that Clawson doesn't consider it a good goal since his hockey knowledge is about as limited as his experience with concious women.

In short, the goal was awesome, but yes Ovechkin is better, and holyshitthekidcancrunchbodies.

Clawson is right about that. If anyone else in the league who isn't Crosby scored that, we wouldn't be seeing it at all anymore until some highlight reels reviewing the year are shown.

Sullivan and Spezza have had better goals [off the top of my head]. That Connolly goal against Toronto was the bomb diggity, too. Tanguay had a wicked shootout goal. Kariya's had 'em. It's not like Sid is the only guy shooting for the stars here.

But anyway, the goal was bad ass, and the water bottle hang time was just sick, so no argument with SDM's analysis either.

Oh, and that Toronto - Montreal game was absolutely brutal. The refs were the most fucked up crew I've seen in this "new NHL". Stephane Auger needs to really get his fucking eyes examined, letting obvious, OBVIOUS calls go [for both teams] while calling both teams on some terribly bogus, bullshit calls for seemingly no reason. It's absolute horse shit. Consistancy is key and this guy has the consistancy of sand paper right now. Piece of shit.

Anyway, go hockey, I love you.

Sorry to double post [i'm not really], but TSN just showed the "Top 10 Highlight Reel Goals of 2005".. and here they are!

10 - Patrice Bergeron vs Pittsburgh

09 - Martin Havlat vs Buffalo

08 - Steve Konowalchuk vs I forget

07 - Alexander Ovechkin vs I forget

06 - Sidney Crosby vs Montreal [shootout winner]

05 - Jeff Carter vs I forget

04 - Erik Cole vs Toronto

03 - Tim Connolly vs Toronto

02 - Steve Sullivan vs Dallas

01 - Jason Spezza vs Montreal

I think that's a pretty good list.. Konowalchuk's goal is a bit overrated, as is Havlat's, but still all-around a good list. Glad Erik Cole's goal is on there, and really glad Crosby's goal isn't number one.