Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Grapehead

I love how some of you guys were saying TSN and others were giving Crosby's goal too much credit and overlooking Sullivan, Connolly, and others' goals, meanwhile Crosby only makes 6th in a top 10 highlight reel goals, which he deserved. The reason it got so much credit was because it IS a great goal, but it was a goal at a very dramatic point in the game, and it was a rookie. I personally think if anyone scored that goal, it would've got just as much highlight time, because that was a good move and a great finish at a crucial point in the game.

So Ottawa lost to Carolina... again tonight 2-1. I didn't watch or listen to the game but the radio is saying that Whitney's goal should have been called for high sticking. But I never saw it so yeah. Heatley keeps his point streak alive also. And the 5 game winning streak is broken... time to start a new one. (H)

Guest Grapehead

Really obvious high stick was missed on the Whitney goal, but either way Ottawa was being shut down all over the ice for most of the night. When they were playing good, they were great though, but Gerber seems to be our new archnemesis in goal, holding the Sens to 3 goals in 2 games, more than can be said by any other goalie.

Well I dont post much in this hockey thread but I have become alot more of a fan since the lockout, unfourtuantly I am a fan of the Blue Jackets since they are a state team for me and I can watch them, but there isnt really much to say about them.

Anyways I just heard about the trade that the Jackets just pulled off with the Mighty Ducks:

To The Ducks: Tyler Wright and Rookie D Francois Beauchemin

To Blue Jackets: Sergei Fedeorov and a fifth rounder

I was just wondering what you guys though about the trade, I know that Sergei used to be good when he played with Detroit, I was just wondering if he still can help the team cause the Jackets didnt give up much for him. It is tough to watch there game lately especially the last game 8-2, that isnt even a real hockey score or atleast it shouldnt be.

Well, it's a really bad deal for Anaheim, like REALLY bad. While it may help the team free up cap space, it's just another in a long list of terrible deals that Burke has made to not only make the team a bit worse, but to alienate a fanbase which cannot really afford to be alienated.

Not that Columbus will come out like bandits. Fedorov has one point in six games, including going pointless in his first game as a Jacket. He's injury prone, fairly old, making way too much money, and very much past his prime. However, they gave up Tyler Wright [a mediocre fourth liner who's sole redeeming value was his community involvement], and Beauchemin, a defenceman who couldn't beat out Francis Bouillion to be a regular on Montreal's blue line in 03/04.

So all in all, it may look like rape for Columbus, but really, it's not nearly as big of a deal as everyone is saying it is, and there's no way Sergei is going to give you the numbers that MacLean is hoping he will give.

Also, you guys lost Todd Marchant today to waivers, due to his salary being pretty big and now with Fedorov coming in, having no cap space. Marchant is a great penalty killer and a bit underrated at forward. He won't put up the numbers that a motivated and healthy Fedorov will, but neither will the lazy and old Fedorov that you guys got in the deal.

All in all, it's really not going to affect lives as much as other people say it will.

--

Leafs win two in a row! WOOOOO.

Well, it's a really bad deal for Anaheim, like REALLY bad. While it may help the team free up cap space, it's just another in a long list of terrible deals that Burke has made to not only make the team a bit worse, but to alienate a fanbase which cannot really afford to be alienated.

Not that Columbus will come out like bandits. Fedorov has one point in six games, including going pointless in his first game as a Jacket. He's injury prone, fairly old, making way too much money, and very much past his prime. However, they gave up Tyler Wright [a mediocre fourth liner who's sole redeeming value was his community involvement], and Beauchemin, a defenceman who couldn't beat out Francis Bouillion to be a regular on Montreal's blue line in 03/04.

So all in all, it may look like rape for Columbus, but really, it's not nearly as big of a deal as everyone is saying it is, and there's no way Sergei is going to give you the numbers that MacLean is hoping he will give.

Also, you guys lost Todd Marchant today to waivers, due to his salary being pretty big and now with Fedorov coming in, having no cap space. Marchant is a great penalty killer and a bit underrated at forward. He won't put up the numbers that a motivated and healthy Fedorov will, but neither will the lazy and old Fedorov that you guys got in the deal.

All in all, it's really not going to affect lives as much as other people say it will.

--

Leafs win two in a row! WOOOOO.

Guest Grapehead

Actually, that game sucked, the Senators are being bossed all over the place by everyone now, because everyone was gunning for them. Sens can't get a variation in their play, so a team only has to watch a few tapes of them and know all their moves. The powerplay for example, just shoot the damn puck at the net, the cycling of the puck goes on far to long, especially when PP line 1 is out, I go mad watching it. So everyone knows Spezza tries a seam pass to Heatley everytime, so they just cut it off and intercept and kill the penalty just like that. When they have Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson, Havlat... Fisher should not be the star player. So help me god if the big line doesn't make an impact next game, I will insist Murray break them up.

Actually, that game sucked, the Senators are being bossed all over the place by everyone now, because everyone was gunning for them. Sens can't get a variation in their play, so a team only has to watch a few tapes of them and know all their moves. The powerplay for example, just shoot the damn puck at the net, the cycling of the puck goes on far to long, especially when PP line 1 is out, I go mad watching it. So everyone knows Spezza tries a seam pass to Heatley everytime, so they just cut it off and intercept and kill the penalty just like that. When they have Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson, Havlat... Fisher should not be the star player. So help me god if the big line doesn't make an impact next game, I will insist Murray break them up.

And I'm sure he'll get right on that.

Leafs were embarassing against the Bruins. After tonights poor performance I think the message is clear, Belak > Kilger. As much as I'd like to Kill Ger, Chad the player is pretty lousy and should fuck off. Also, the Leaf's commentators continue to be humerous. Saying that Jason Allison has certainly picked up his play recently despite an exact duplicate scoreline, the only difference being his plus minus up seven points.... HE'S A FREAKING SCORING FORWARD, he improves his games by putting up points. It's like saying Alexander Ovenchicken is really going cold, he's a minus 3 in his last two games... a pair of two goal losses tends to to do that to a forward, he's still a PPG player, shut the fuck up Leafs TV.

Getting hammered in hockey shootout. 5 for 8 my first day and 4 for 9 yesterday to bring me up to a cummulative 9 for 17. Ouch. Gotta be better then that to get the hawt lewt.

Kilger has been working his ass of this year to earn his playing time. He's been throwing his weight around and has been skating hard every shift. Man can he ever fly, I see now why he was on Montreal. Unfortunely he has hands of stone.

And Sean how come you only feel the need to bring up the Leafs when we've lost instead of during our 4 game winning streak where we only allowed 4 goals?

Edited by Clawson

And Sean how come you only feel the need to bring up the Leafs when we've lost instead of during our 4 game winning streak where we only allowed 4 goals?

I wouldn't call myself a diehard Canucks fan, I only have five Canucks flags in my room... and sure, I'm wearing my Canucks jersey right now... but my signatures Canucks cup is empty right now! HA! If I was a diehard Canucks fan, I'd be drinking out of it right now! HA! SO FUCK YOU!

And Clawson, I tend to comment on games I watch. I watched the Leafs game, which is why I commented on it. Tonight, I watched the Canucks game, and duh to the odd nature of the game, I have no comment.

Montreal against Buffalo should be good tonight. Although I'll miss the third period of it as I'm going to see the Maurice Richard movie that's out. It's supposed to be fucking amazing.

Hopefully Montreal can get back on track tonight with a win. Since the loss in Pittsburgh we've been rather shaky. But the win against Atlanta was intense. Theodore was on fucking fire in the third stopping Kovalchuk on a breakaway, stopping tons of scoring opportunities and his last save in the shootout was amazing.

That and I never knew Dagenais could shoot like that. He had such a quick release on the puck, I barely saw him shoot it.

Hahaha you lost money.

Oh, and Jason Allison is also a PPG player, including an AWESOME goal tonight [in a losing cause].

Win four, lose two.

That's our Leafs!

Kilger had a goal, too, but also took two stupid, stupid penalties. He has no finish and continues to take the dumb penalties.

However, he is more useful than Belak :P

Czerkawski is a lost cause. Ughhhhh. Why we picked this guy up, I will never know. Toss him in a boat with Khavanov and Berg and never let them come back!

On another note: NJ 8 | 2 TB? OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH