The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Draper has been shit offensively this year, HOWEVER he was picked for his penalty killing - and he's still doing that very well.

Doan has been having a bad year, and I agree that he probably should've been on the taxi squad. However, again, they're using him in a third-line shutdown role with a lessened offensive presence, something which he can do quite well, even if his offensive game is in a slump.

Foote has been almost useless in the Columbus games I've seen. However I haven't seen enough of them to judge whether he should not make the team.

The taxi squad will likely see play anyway, so it doesn't matter.

And to previous topics..

---

Then Wilm, who I thought was playing a great game, looked to be semi-picking a fight with Pothier, which I thought odd, then he just blatantly pulled his helmet off, I was disgusted, cause that's just dirty. I'm very offended when I see a dishonorable hockey fight, so Wilm lost all respect from me he gained from an otherwise solid game

Guest Grapehead

Then Wilm, who I thought was playing a great game, looked to be semi-picking a fight with Pothier, which I thought odd, then he just blatantly pulled his helmet off, I was disgusted, cause that's just dirty. I'm very offended when I see a dishonorable hockey fight, so Wilm lost all respect from me he gained from an otherwise solid game

Uh, wow, okay.

Firstly, taking off one another's helmets is done often, by people who fight, and people who don't normally fight. To call it "dishonourable" is complete bullshit. And Wilm had a perfectly good reason for it. Why? POTHIER WAS WEARING A VISOR. Now, you want to talk dishonourable? For Pothier to consider dropping the gloves while wearing a visor is more "dishonourable" than Wilm taking Pothier's helmet off. Now both guys have equal space of face to punch! Wow, he's evening the playing fields, what a son of a bitch! Suspend Wilm indefinately! Jesus fucking Christ. Anyway, it's not like Pothier couldn't have done the same to Wilma. Is Wilma's helmet glued to his head? No. And just to say it again, taking off one another's helmet is not a dishonourable, disrespectful, or dirty tactic. In the slightest. Especially when said opponent is wearing a visor.

Okay.

Well I'm just letting you know that it's a common occurance, and that condemning Wilm for it while your boy Pothier was fighting with a visor on is just silly.

How can you punch a guy in his bare face when yours is 3/4 covered up by a piece of plastic? That's true dishonour right there. Not only that, but you risk him breaking his hand on your plastic, and you risk the plastic breaking and cutting either him - or you, or even possibly getting in your eye, causing serious damage to yourself.

I condone visor wearing, I think it's a player's choice, however when a guy with a visor fights, it should be a given that he removes his helmet. Likely, the other guy will do the same, visor or not.

-- resident EWB hockey fight expert

Good game PHilly versus Ottawa. The crowd in Philly was intense. They were into the game hardcore even when they were up 4-0. Ottawa gave a good push to try to come back, but 4 goals is a lot to overcome. Still, it's suprising that Philly almost blew it.

Was fun to watch, was really hardhitting on the Flyer's part.

Guest Grapehead

So Grapehead what you're saying is you'd punch a guy in the visor during a fight just because you wouldn't want to be a "goon" and punch him in the face which is the point of a fight?

Guest Grapehead

Do you think I know what Jason Spezza was thinking when he jumped your boy? No clue, my friend, just lost his cool I guess, I was the one in this thread saying he deserved a suspension, moron. Yeah, you don't go for the top of the head, but it happens, and when it does it's bad, so if you're going to open a guy up to a risk, take your helmet off too. You may disagree, but I know I'm not the only person who feels the way I do, so let's just drop it how about?

I can't believe no one talks about the hottest team in the NHL right now. The Buffalo Sabres are 18-2-1 in their last 21 games and are only 2 points behind the Sens for first. You all talk about the mighty Leafs and Habs. Both are only a couple of points out of not being in the playoffs at all. I really wish more people would give respect to one of the better teams in the league. They are in the top 5 for power play and top ten in penalty kill. They have the most road wins the entire league as well. When they make the playoffs and both Habs and Leafs don't. Maybe then people will realize how good Buffalo is. Lets go Buffalo.

Guest Grapehead

The Leafs are one of the oldest teams in the league, so they've had so much longer to build a fanbase. You are raised by your parents to like a team, quite often that's the case, so Leafs fans are born that way, they can't help their die hard nature. I'm actually more happy than anything that teams have such great support, because it's good for the game of hockey.

What I hate is CBC, they suck. Hockey Night in Canada is just Toronto games now. It's a pain in the ass, that and the commentating is ass there. I love the guys from RDS, if Montreal scores, they love it, if Montreal fucks up the rip into them, but they do that to the other team also. I watched a Montreal vs Toronto game on CBC, and anything good that Montreal did could not have been skill, had to be luck, A Toronto player scores a goal, and they're hailed as the second comming of Christ on skates, they go on and on about how much skill went into the goal.

But I'm not bitter.