The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

5-0 over Philly and Huet gets a second shutout in as many days. For a guy who literally makes a tenth of Theo's salary he sure is making a fine shot for the number 1 spot in Montreal. He's lost some games, but he's a very consistent and good goaltender.

So Montreal is now a point over Boston and one back of Toronto. Tuesday will see if they swap positions as Toronto plays Atlanta and Montreal plays Buffalo. Should be a hard game for both teams.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Grapehead

Since I don't know who is in charge of the Sports Bar, one of you hockey peeps should challenge Jerichoholic to a battle of some sort with the loser being banned from this thread until the season is over. You'd NEVER have to hear about the Sabres again, which makes it win/win for everyone involved. Just a suggestion :shifty:

Okay I am actually now open to this and vote for Jerichoholic vs. Grapehead... win freakin win <_<

Since I don't know who is in charge of the Sports Bar, one of you hockey peeps should challenge Jerichoholic to a battle of some sort with the loser being banned from this thread until the season is over. You'd NEVER have to hear about the Sabres again, which makes it win/win for everyone involved. Just a suggestion :shifty:

Okay I am actually now open to this and vote for Jerichoholic vs. Grapehead... win freakin win <_<

Guest Grapehead

I'd rather a million Grapeheads then one Jerichoholic. Actually maybe not a million, I just prefer Grapehead since he actually tries to bring up points about why the Leafs blow. :P

Congratulations Atlanta you've shown once again you're a scum bag team by hitting somebody from behind about 10 seconds after the puck was passed. Fucking dirty cunts.

EDIT: Holy shit McCabe was shitting himself over that injury yet he's able to come back within 2 minutes of injuring himself. I don't know if he was faking (which if he is it's slightly disappointing) but he's back.

Edited by Clawson

Yeah 6 straight wins. Hopefully 7 after thursday. Miller is looking really good right now. I don't know if they should trade Biron or not. He is been rumoured to go almost everywhere. One was a trade to Montreal, not sure for who though. Another was Biron and Afinogenov to Vancouver for Bertuzzi. Personnally I like that one. Bertuzzi in a Sabre uniform would be awesome.

Don't fucking count on it. The Canucks don't need another soft Russian closet homosexual with an inflated opinion of himself. We had Pavel Bure here once and once was more then enough.

I wouldn't mind Biron, but if you want Bertuzzi back, it better be with more then Maxim Jackinafanoff.

Congratulations Atlanta you've shown once again you're a scum bag team by hitting somebody from behind about 10 seconds after the puck was passed. Fucking dirty cunts.

EDIT: Holy shit McCabe was shitting himself over that injury yet he's able to come back within 2 minutes of injuring himself. I don't know if he was faking (which if he is it's slightly disappointing) but he's back.

Edited by grind your soul

Guest Grapehead

I don't see why anyone can say my worries of the Ottawa Senators is unwarranted now. They are not playing on the same level they opened the season at, and are falling behind quickly, dropping big game after big game. They really need to make a trade or something, because I don't think anyone realizes how poorly they've showed against important teams since the beginning of 06.

The Sens keep playing like they did last night and they just might lose the division. They said on TSN last night since the start of 06 Columbus has a better record the the Sens. The other thing I would be worried about is that the Sabres are only 4 pts back. It would be great to say Buffalo Sabres 2005-2006 Northeast Division Champs

Guest Grapehead

The Sens keep playing like they did last night and they just might lose the division. They said on TSN last night since the start of 06 Columbus has a better record the the Sens. The other thing I would be worried about is that the Sabres are only 4 pts back. It would be great to say Buffalo Sabres 2005-2006 Northeast Division Champs

Edited by Grapehead

I am sure that the Sens are probably not the only team that Columbus has had a better record in 06, so far this year they have been on a pretty hot streak so isnt really that big of a deal that the Sens have a worse record in 06 then the Blue Jackets. After looking at the Jackets record in 06 they are 11-6 so far. I dont really know why it matters though how a team is doing so far this year though cause really the only thing that matters is the record for the whole season.

Edited by Green Demon

I know the record for the whole season matters most. I think I they were just trying to show how bad the Sens have been lately. The only team they have beaten in 2 weeks is the Pittsburgh Penguins. Maybe its just they are coasting toward the playoffs. Since they know that they are most likely going to be a high seed anyway. Hopefully for Sens fans that that is the case. If not then they are in big trouble.

Wow, at first I was going along with your post, thinking you had something worth while to read, then BAM some obligatory statement about the great Sabres. Oh well... some things never change.