The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to let you all know, it took me three seasons to get the Chicago Blackhawks to actually start winning. The second season I missed the playoffs by one point. But I traded Rick Nash (whom I got as a free agent, and then he proceeded to suck) for the 1st pick in the draft and drafted a Russian version of Todd Bertuzzi, except better offensively. Yeah, that good. Eric Daze posted an 87 point year, and Ruutu got 30+ goals.

Oh, and my checking line was Chris Simon, Matthew Barnaby and Tie Domi. And Dion Phaneuf on the blue line.

Can we take some of the goals we scored tonight and apply them to Monday's game against Buffalo?

7 to 0. Wow. I guess the Leafs took advantage of there rest and exploited Buffalo, who obviously looked tired.

Well, 7-0 is a mighty fine score indeed. Glad to see that the Leafs and Habs both got shutouts. Huet got his 7th in 20 games. And Montreal got their 6th win in a row and now sit in 7th place. We only have 3 road games left which is great because the atmosphere at the Bell Centre is absolutely fucking incredible.

An excellent outing for the Leafs. Too bad everybody else had to fucking win so we didn't even move up in the rankings. If the level of play they had last night carries through, they've got a prayer of the playoffs, but they need an assload of help (Big losing streaks from Florida, Atlanta and at least Tampa Bay if not NJ/Montreal as well).

If Tampa, Montreal or New Jersey go 5-5 in the last ten here (I know, they have already gotten a head of me), Toronto can make it in with 10 wins, maybe 8. We need help from one of those three though to make it - and we need Atlanta and Florida to not steal our spots.

Well as much as I am a fan, Montreal is due a loss soon. I wouldn't be suprised if they got taken down by Boston tomorrow night. 6 Wins in a row is great and all, but it's their biggest streak in a few seasons, also Boston has gotta want to beat the Habs so badly, they haven't scored on us in 200+ minutes.

Atlanta must be one of the dirtiest teams ever within one minute they do the following.

- Holik hits arnason in the head with both elbows... arnason to the lockeroom and holik no penalty

- Kovalchuk attempts to injure Neil... who gets injured and is now in the lockeroom and kovalchuk only gets 2

- someone else didn't catch the name elbows and then pushes eaves into the boards while on his knees and I am not sure if that got a penalty.

so far the game is 4-2 ottawa at the end of the second... so going by the four goal stat ottawa won the game already :D

Atlanta must be one of the dirtiest teams ever within one minute they do the following.

- Holik hits arnason in the head with both elbows... arnason to the lockeroom and holik no penalty

- Kovalchuk attempts to injure Neil... who gets injured and is now in the lockeroom and kovalchuk only gets 2

- someone else didn't catch the name elbows and then pushes eaves into the boards while on his knees and I am not sure if that got a penalty.

so far the game is 4-2 ottawa at the end of the second... so going by the four goal stat ottawa won the game already :D

Edited by desiredtoe

Burn Sundin and Tucker while you're at it.

Sheesh, why the fuck do you go five hole? Sundin I can understand, being the first shot and all, but Tucker, Jesus, he JUST fucking stopped a five-hole shot, don't shoot it five-hole!