The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After another OT game this time Flyers/Sabres. Buffalo just picked up the win with Briere getting the winner in 2nd OT.

Western Conference

* (1) Detroit vs. (8) Edmonton

Red Wings lead series 1-0

* (2) Dallas vs. (7) Colorado

Avalanche lead series 1-0

* (3) Calgary vs. (6) Anaheim

Flames lead series 1-0

* (4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose

Predators lead series 1-0

Eastern Conference

* (1) Ottawa vs. (8) Tampa Bay

Senators lead series 1-0

* (2) Carolina vs. (7) Montreal

Canadiens lead series 1-0

* (3) New Jersey vs. (6) NY Rangers

Devils lead series 1-0

* (4) Buffalo vs. (5) Philadelphia

Sabres lead series 1-0

Does anyone have a better clip, ideally with a replay maybe from another angle? It's hard to see, it looks like it might be a Scott Stevens special, but if it's clean, good lord.

I am so pumped for tonight's Tampa Bay @ Ottawa game since I will be their and I expect a win. But this makes me worried.

OTTAWA (CP) - Ottawa Senators defenceman Wade Redden flew home to Lloydminster, Sask., on Sunday following his mother's death.

Pat Redden, 57, lost her battle with cancer on Saturday night, the Senators said Sunday as the team prepared to face the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference quarter-final series.

Defenceman Christoph Schubert took Redden's spot in the lineup for Sunday night's game.

The Senators didn't say when Redden would return to the team.

''We're definitely going to miss him,'' said Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson. ''There are things that are more important than hockey. He's going through a tough time and our thoughts are with him.''

Anyone else think the Hurricanes cheerleaders are awesome? They are the only NHL team that I ever notice has them (shown on TV, anyway).

Buffalo/Philadelphia was one of the better games I have ever seen. I knew Philly made a good choice in Esche, as I always liked him (based on 2004 World Cup).

Edited by Kevin Elliott

No, you can see from the other angle it's pure shoulder, and for RJ Umberger, pure death.

What teams do you guys not want to see win the cup and why?

Philly- as I hate them the most of all the teams in the playoffs

Colorado- they have won it too many times lately

Detroit-same as Colorado

New Jersey-same as the other two

Dallas- Being a buffalo fan you have to hate them

...and Montreal wins! What a goal, as soon as I saw Higgins free behind the net I knew it was over. Did anyone see Montreal taking a 2 game lead on Carolina? I doubt even the Montreal press saw that coming!

Then, I switch the channel to see Mike Modano score with seconds left in the second to put Dallas up 4 to 3 against Colorado!

These NHL playoffs have been amazing so far, and Toronto isn't even involved! We have blowouts, double OT games, huge hits and amazing goals. I love it.

Bwahahahaha, tell Lindy to fuck off. Classic.

Even if the Flyers never win the cup at least they always provide the heel heat.