Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roenick wants to come north for cheap!

Thats from TSN.ca, while I don't really want to see Roenick on the Leafs after seeing both Jason Allison and Eric Lindros bust, I think that if he really does ask for a lower amount, he could work on a team like Montreal. He had a horrible season in LA, and I always am saddened to see a once great player go out like that. I hope he signs with someone. If he is really going to be in shape at the start of the season, he would be a good guy to have - good for 50 to 60 points, but more importantly a team leader.

Also expect new today on Wade Redden signing two years with the sens for $6.25 million for each year. Apparently if Havlat signs a three year deal he will be sent to San Jose for either Toskala or Nabokov. Gary Roberts apparently wants to be traded back to the Maple Leafs so he can be close to his daughter. Gaborik recieved a new offer for five years and averaging $5.2 million a year.

Now Chara needs to sign... but I am sure the Senators have a lot more players that need signing.

Now Chara needs to sign... but I am sure the Senators have a lot more players that need signing.

It was reported this morning that Chara won't resign because the Sens will not up the anti to $7M a year for him. He's told Muckler that if they don't meet that number he will walk. So bye-bye Z. I Say Ottawa should make a trade for Dan Boyle!

Edited by CKN

Leafs buy-out Domi, drop Belfour

So Tie Domi is gone. It's kind of sad to see him go, considering how much of a fan favorite he was and how long he was with the team. But, I guess he no longer fits into the teams plans. Seeing Belfour go is a welcome sign, to me.

Marc Denis to the Lightning

I like this move. The Lightning finally have a true number one goaltender with Denis, so they don't have to go through another year of Grahame and Burke. The Blue Jackets get something they needed as well. GM Doug McLean thinks Leclaire is ready to be #1, and they acquired a good second line scorer with Modin, taking some pressure off of Nikolai Zherdev and Rick Nash. The Jackets are looking to be competitive next year.

Sedins stay in Vancouver

This was a big signing for the Canucks. Both Daniel and Henrik were very important, and both had over 70 points last year. It would have been stupid to let these two go, and if you keep them with Anson Carter or get them another scoring forward, then they will be set for next year.

Sources: Fernado Pisani Re-Signs with Edmonton

To me that is a very good move for the Oilers, he was probably one of their best fowards during the entire playoff run. Also I think Pisani is bound to have a breakout year, so its a good thing Edmonton resigned him because I'm sure they would of been upset if they coudn't resign him.

Pronger to Speak to Press About Trade Request

Finally we can get some light onto why he wants out of Edmonton. We do know its a family issue, but what I don't understand is why would he do such a thing? He says he enjoys the city, his teammates, and he enjoyed the entire season. But, I mean we have to respect him if there is some family issue that does need to be taken care of.

Nick Lidstrom Re-Signs for 2 Years With Wings.

Well what is more to say.. 2 years for 15.2 million.. That's Brad Richards money, so you can say bye-bye to Shanny in hockey town. But unlike Brad Richards, Lidstrom is actually well deserved for this kind of money. Norris finalist 7 of 8 years. 80 points as a defensmen is something rarely done. Good for him, now he can finish his career in Detroit.

The reason Pronger has gone ahead with this conference call is because of the amount of rumors that have gone around Edmonton. A couple of different local newscasters have been rumored to have slept with him, and their names have been put out there, so they've been fighting the public on this. Should be interesting to see how this is adressed.

As for Pisani, good, but I hate it when a player has a good playoff run and then gets almost double what his previous salary was. I think they could've gone lower, but I don't know what other teams were offering him. Still, happy to have him back.

Also, I just noticed Roloson's name isn't on the TSN FA list. I know it's a screw-up, but I hope he re-signed.

Edited by EndOfAnEra

The reason Pronger has gone ahead with this conference call is because of the amount of rumors that have gone around Edmonton. A couple of different local newscasters have been rumored to have slept with him, and their names have been put out there, so they've been fighting the public on this. Should be interesting to see how this is adressed.

As for Pisani, good, but I hate it when a player has a good playoff run and then gets almost double what his previous salary was. I think they could've gone lower, but I don't know what other teams were offering him. Still, happy to have him back.

Also, I just noticed Roloson's name isn't on the TSN FA list. I know it's a screw-up, but I hope he re-signed.

Boston Bruins pulled out two big free agent signings today is Zdeno Chara and Marc Savard. Also Toronto signed Pavel Kubina and Hal Gill. Finally Ed Jovanovski goes to Phoenix.

The Chara signing hurts because it is the same division.

Bruins sign Chara

Bruins sign Savard

Leafs sign Kubina and Gill

Coyotes sign Jovanovski

Edited by CKN

Holy fuckweasels Batman. I actually had to check to make sure this wasn't your diary first. That is a good thing for the Leafs, as I've always liked Kubina as a player dating back to my 2K4 Leafs Dynasty, and that's a fucking great thing for the Bruins - not only does it help them, it hurts the Sens.

Chara and Savard are now Bruins. That fucking sucks for both of our teams, man. I was hoping Chara could go to the Western Conference. Fuck.

But, I shouldn't complain. Why? Fucking JFJ pulled off a good move for the Leafs. We now have defence other then McCabe and Kaberle. Kubina is good overall, with a great shot for the second powerplay unit. Better then Khavanov, who was supposed to be an offensive defender but just blew. Hal Gill is a stay at home guy, a huge upgrade from Aki Berg.

I hate the people that leave the comments to the articles posted on TSN.ca, they criticize ever move the Leafs make. I think this is a great move. Kubina might be making a little too much, but you need to overpay to get most free agents. Anyways, our defence was so filled with holes last season, this is what we needed.

Boston was looking pretty good in the last half of the season. They have a better defence, they now have a pretty good looking first line. I think now the only questions for the Bruins are there goaltending (which could be hit or miss next year) and there depth.

The Northeast Division is the most competitive division in the NHL. All of the teams in it could make the playoffs. It is pretty gnarly that the Leafs have to face Montreal, Ottawa, Boston and Buffalo a shitload amount of times. I like the new schedule now, it creates rivalries and even though hurts every team in the Northeast (as they have to face top quality teams every other night) it is still awesome.

Boston was looking pretty good in the last half of the season. They have a better defence, they now have a pretty good looking first line. I think now the only questions for the Bruins are there goaltending (which could be hit or miss next year) and there depth.

The Northeast Division is the most competitive division in the NHL. All of the teams in it could make the playoffs. It is pretty gnarly that the Leafs have to face Montreal, Ottawa, Boston and Buffalo a shitload amount of times. I like the new schedule now, it creates rivalries and even though hurts every team in the Northeast (as they have to face top quality teams every other night) it is still awesome.

Edited by CKN

I would think McKee in Ottawa would be a good replacement for Chara. Well nowhere near the dominating presence, he is a reponsible defender who is probably underrated by most. I would like to see Shanahan stay in Detroit, while I am not sure about Peca at all.

I would think McKee in Ottawa would be a good replacement for Chara. Well nowhere near the dominating presence, he is a reponsible defender who is probably underrated by most. I would like to see Shanahan stay in Detroit, while I am not sure about Peca at all.

I don't like Havlat for Toskala. Especially if the rumours of Hasek resigning are true, but even if he doesn't. Havlat can probably be used to get you a top 4 defender, and if you get Toskala I don't see him starting.