The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

Ottawa signed Martin Gerber and Joe Corvo. While Capitals got Brian Pothier.

I like Gerber he should be able to make a good starter like he was in Carolina before Ward took his job. And I don't know anything about Corvo.

Senators sign Gerber and Corvo

EDIT: Blue sign McKee :angry:, Flames sign Zyuzin, Blake returns to LA, Canucks sign Willie Mitchell, Arnason goes to Colorado, Blackhawks sign Lalime

Edited by CKN

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember last year when Boston made all their signings and everybody thought they would be great? Though Chara is a fucking nice addition.

We got Chara Lite though along with finally, FINALLY, getting somebody for the second pair in our defensive lines. JFJ how could I doubt you. :wub:

Now we don't need to pray for help when McCabe and Kaberle step off the ice. We have McCabe and Kaberle, and then Kubina and Gill. That's huge for us since last year, we had nothing past McCabe and Kaberle. The last d-line could be Belak and someone young, or two guys from the Marlies. Coliacovo is good but injury prone, Ian White was great when he came up, Wozniewski and Harrison could be ready too.

And I was thinking. That money spent is basically what we saved on Belfour and the increase in the salary cap. JFJ still has some room to play around and get a skilled forward to line up with Mats Sundin. I think we have some guys who are from the Marlies that Paul Maurice would like to see come up to the Leafs with him. Ben Ondrus can take over the roll of the departed Tie Domi, as he showed he could when he was called up.

Edited by desiredtoe

That's not what I had hoped for, because I was sure the Leafs were going to go full out for him. But those defensive signings made it impossible to get Elias, and I would rather see our defence strengthened because it was pretty shit last year.

Pronger and Niedermayer *drools* God that is freaking orgasmic. Now doesn't this mean that Anaheim is spending like over a $10 million on two defenseman?

But more importantly Captain Stever Yzerman retired today. :crying:

Edited by CKN

Toronto is spending like $20 million on defence.

But I am curious to see what the players and draft picks turn into. If it's more then one first rounder and a player like Kunitz or Getzlaf, then I think Edmonton wins.

Steve Yzerman will be a first ballot hall of famer, and I sincerly hope we see him in the NHL again in some form. Coach, commentary, zamboni driver, anything. He is just an overall hockey pimp who, without bum knees, would still be carving it up for a few more years.

Alrighty. I am going to get a Toronto jersey with a name on the back. I am thinking of getting either Domi (to commemorate his time as a Leaf), Stajan, Wellwood, or maybe McCabe since he is with the team for a long while now.

Any ideas?

Laraque in Phoenix...I mean it makes sense, the Oilers have a pretty solid forward line-up, especially with the addition of Lupul, but still I'm sad to see him go. He was the one guy you saw in bars almost every 2-3 weeks, completely shit-faced, buying people drinks and just overall going out of his way to talk to anyone. Laraque was awesome, and if you look at the charity work he did here, it was insane.

The New York Post report the Rangers sign free agent foward Brendan Shanahan

As a Rangers fan, if this is indeed true then I am happy about this. This is the help Jagr needs for the scoring department. We needed another true quailty scorer to help Jagr, and now we have one. I hope.. The only thing that is making me thing he could slow down at all, is his age.

At age 37, many people aren't good for the 40 goal seasons, but I do think Shanahan is the exception. This means that we won't need either Ruchinsky or Sykora. Personally, I rather have Sykora, so thanks for your help Ruchinsky (Y).

Time will tell for me on how this pans out, but right now, I am happy about this.

So happy.. I might sing the Rangers Victory Song!