The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

The Leafs offered him $1,000,000. Dallas offered him $1,550,000 plus incentives. So he went where the money was. I know that, unless I was in some severe financial crisis, I would take the pay cut to play for the team I had always wanted to play for. Heck, Lindros' one season with the Leafs was pretty poor, I would have thought he would want to return and try to erase that memory and have a great year.

Dallas is on the downward slide too. This signing is supposed to fill the hole that the departure of Jason Arnott made. And Lindros, unless he shows us something he didnt do in Toronto, cannot fill that hole. Dallas is going to finish around 6th-8th in the division, I think.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Leafs offered him $1,000,000. Dallas offered him $1,550,000 plus incentives. So he went where the money was. I know that, unless I was in some severe financial crisis, I would take the pay cut to play for the team I had always wanted to play for. Heck, Lindros' one season with the Leafs was pretty poor, I would have thought he would want to return and try to erase that memory and have a great year.

Dallas is on the downward slide too. This signing is supposed to fill the hole that the departure of Jason Arnott made. And Lindros, unless he shows us something he didnt do in Toronto, cannot fill that hole. Dallas is going to finish around 6th-8th in the division, I think.

TSN is reporting that Mike Peca will sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs tomorrow. I am a little disapointed I wanted him to either go back to Edmonton or come to Ottawa but I guess I would rather have that money go towards Antoine Vermette and Peter Schaefer.

Ya Peca is the type of player Ottawa needs for the playoffs, somebody that shows alot of heart. Something Ottawa needs besides Mike Fisher. :P

As for Peca, I want to see him on a line with Tucker and I think he could be our new Roberts.

Don't really know what you mean by players that show a lot of heart. You really don't have the right to say players don't play with their hearts. I think it would be better to say more gritty players.

I like the Peca signing. Well it doesn't help at all on the offensive side (unless we get Peca at his prime), we now have a proper shut down center. This signing goes a long way to improving our play even strength. The loss of Allison could hurt our powerplay numbers, but I think Stajan can pick up that slack.

That video is hilarious, triplexpac. Bellows is a faggit.

• 2 weeks later...

Owen Nolan has resolved his greivance with the Leafs and has now signed with the Phoenix Coyotes. No one is saying numbers, but it is thought that for not playing for two seasons, Nolan recieved over 6 million dollars (which is only half of what he was seeking).

• 2 weeks later...