RW - Revolution Wrestling

Thanks to everybody for the feedback so far, it's really appreciated.

user posted image

Revolution Wrestling: Legends - Friday, September 23, 2005

Chicago, Illinois

The pay per view begins with Bret Hart standing in the middle of the ring with a microphone and a sad expression on his face.  He looks around at the crowd for a few seconds, before speaking.

Bret Hart: I'm not out here to make some long boring speech tonight, and STING.. this is directed towards you.  You see last week, I guess you did convince me into giving you a chance.  I'm not going to fire you, because I know that's what you want.  What I'm gonna' do instead, is make your life as much of a living hell as I can.  So you better have your wrestling gear on, wherever you are, because tonight.. It'll be Sting.. VERSUS KRONIK!

Hart stops.

Bret Hart: And I seriously hope you'll learn your lesson, Sting, because after you lose to Kronik tonight.. You'll be out of a job.. FOREVER!

Hart keeps it short and walks out of the ring in pain for Jim Neidhart.

Overall Rating: 84%

National Title Match: Ken Shamrock vs. D'Lo Brown

The bells ring and Shamrock and D'Lo Brown lock up in a high elbow tie up.  Brown grabs Shamrock's arm and twists it, but gets caught on the neck with a hard clotheline.  Shamrock then grabs D'Lo up by his head and places him right under his arm, getting him up and dropping him with a vertical suplex for a two count.  He then picks D'Lo up again and irish whips him across the ring, squashing him in the corner with a turnbuckle clotheline.

Josh Matthews: Ken Shamrock is a monster.

Don Callis: That's why he's the national champion.

Josh Matthews: He's one of the best in the business, Don.

Shamrock irish whips Brown across the ring, and catches him on the rebound with a belly to belly suplex attempt, but D'Lo elbows him right on the head three times and pushes him away.  Shamrock comes running at him but gets caught with a spinebuster! D'Lo covers the far leg 1...2...kick out! Both men get right back up to their feet, and D'Lo kicks the national champion right in the gut, scoop slamming him on the mat and running to the ropes to hit a nice leg drop.  He goes for another cover but isn't even able to get a one count as Shamrock pushes him off from the ground and gets right back up to his feet.  D'Lo runs towards him but gets caught with a huge hand wrapped around his neck, as Shamrock throws him to the outside of the ring.  Shamrock follows him to the outside and grabs him by his head, smashing him into the steel steps and throwing him back in the ring.  He covers but only gets a two count and doesn't seem too happy about it.

Josh Matthews: Shamrock's going insane.

Don Callis: I don't think he can stand this much longer.

Shamrock walks over to D'Lo's legs and begins twisting his ankle as hard as he could, until D'Lo rolls through into a rollup 1...2...kick out! Both men get back up and D'Lo knocks down Shamrock with a spinebuster.  The crowd goes wild as Brown makes his way up to the top rope and jumps off to hit a Lo Down, but Shamrock moves out of the way and makes D'Lo fall flat on his face.  Shamrock gets back up and grabs D'Lo's ankle, twisting and turning and forcing him to tap out in a hurry, as he goes to the outside to grab his national title and walks away.

Don Callis: Ken Shamrock is a beast.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

Overall Rating: 80%

The Elite Tournament: Simon Diamond vs. Marcus Bagwell vs. Perry Saturn

Josh Matthews: This is the second to last match in the elite heavyweight title tournament, and it will be a triple threat between three of the guys that weren't pinned in the previous triple threats!

Don Callis: Thanks for that wrap up, captain obvious.

The three men begin brawling, until Simon Diamond and Marcus Bagwell decide to double team Perry Saturn.  They irish whip him across the ring and into the turnbucke.  Bagwell tells Simon Diamond to go get him, and Diamond fakes him out and clothelines him down to the mat for a two count, trying to pull a fast one.  Bagwell gets back up to his feet and pushes Simon Diamond, arguing with him in the middle of the ring until Saturn runs over and nails both of them with a series of rights and lefts.  He then clothelines Simon to the outside and goes to work on Bagwell.  He kicks him in the gut and picks him up, nailing a gutbuster for a one count only.  He then picks Marcus back up by his hair and scoop slams him down, running to the ropes, but missing an elbow drop.  Both men get back up to their feet, and Bagwell clothelines Saturn down.  Saturn gets right back up and runs towards his opponent but gets caught by a fantastic powerslam with a cover 1...2...Diamond pulls Bagwell to the outside and clothelines him down to the floor.

Josh Matthews: What a veteran move by Simon Diamond!

Don Callis: One of the elite ecw alumni right there.

Diamond slides into the ring and puts Saturn in a suffocating headlock.  Saturn slowly gets back up to his knees and feet behind the support of the fans and starts hitting Diamond with some elbows to the gut, then throwing him into the ropes and bending over, but getting kicked right on the shoulder.  Diamond then waits for Saturn to stop moving around from the pain of the kick and kicks him once again in the gut, giving him a DDT that knocks him out on the mat.  Bagwell enters the ring before Diamond could go for a pin and the two begin brawling.  Bagwell nails Diamond over the head with a series of right hands, but gets caught in the gut by a strong close fisted right hand, and then gets pushed down to the mat with nothing but strength by Simon Diamond.

Don Callis: Come on Simon, you can do it.

Josh Matthews: I don't understand what you like about this guy, he's just cheap.

Don Callis: CHEAP!? I call it astute, my friend.

Simon takes his attention off of Saturn and leg drops Bagwell on the ground, working on his head a little bit to set him up for a Simonizer possibly.  Saturn sneaks up from behind and rolls up Diamond 1...2...kick out! He then kicks him in the gut and begins nailing him over the head with some forearm smashes, but gets nailed with a Simon Diamond low blow which goes undetected by the referee.  Diamond then throws Saturn to the outside, but doesn't realize that Bagwell is up behind him.  Bagwell goes for a clotheline, but Diamond ducks it and grabs Bagwell down for a rollup while holding onto the tights as the referee makes the count 1...2...3! Simon Diamond runs away from the ring celebrating, while Bagwell and Saturn look on with anger.

Winner: Simon Diamond

Overall Rating: 72%

The cameras take us backstage, where Mick Foley is standing in front of the interview set with no interviewer near him, just a plain old school Cactus Jack style ecw promo.

Mick Foley: I bet you're all wondering why.. You're all asking yourselves why the hardcore legend, Mick Foley, would ever stab one of his best friends in the back.. And you see, the answer's pretty simple.  I used to enjoy going out to that ring and listening to the fans chant my name, BUT IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH ANY MORE.  What drives me to go out to that ring every week isn't just a few cheap pops from the crowd, it's the thirst for blood that I've been lacking for the past few years, AND NOW IT'S BACK.. And Terry Funk.. I'm sorry it had to happen like this.  I'm sorry I had to throw you off the stage and almost kill you to make an impact.  I know down deep that I don't have it in me for much longer, and the only thing I want from you, Funk.. Is one more match.  Could there be anything better than the two most psychotic individuals in professional wrestling history facing off in a no holds barred, falls count anywhere, street fight? I want to re-live the glory I felt back in ecw, or when I leaped off a thirty foot high steel cage and landed right on top of the announcers' table just to hear the fans chanting my name.  All I wanna' know is if it's worth it.  I want to feel like I can step into that ring and it doesn't matter that I have a fat ass or that I'm completely out of shape for this business at this point.  I want to feel like all that matters is that I would drive A KNIFE.. THROUGH MY HEART.. FOR THE FANS.  And the recognition is poor, very poor.. As a matter of fact I did just what the fans have been praising me for, and I got BOOED.  But I guess it all comes down to this Funk, and I'm challenging you to a match in two weeks, live on pay per view, one last match, because I know that you can't do it for much longer either.. AND I WANT TO BE THE LAST ONE TO KICK YOUR ASS.. BANG BANG! So lace up your old wrestling boots, and prepare yourself to feel.. THE WRATH.. OF SOCKO!

Foley punches out the camera with his fist and we are taken back to the ring.

Overall Rating: 84%

10 Man Light Heavyweight Title #1 Contendership Match: Shark Boy, Cima, Spanky, Gibson, Kidman, Colt Cabana, Sonjay Dutt, Kid Kash, Bryan Danielson, Delirious

Josh Matthews: We've got Alex Shelley joining us in commentary for this match!

Alex Shelley: That's great and all Josh, but I don't need any introductions.  I'm just out here to see the competition, not that there is many.

The match starts with "Classic" Colt Cabana dominating, as his partner CM Punk is away in japan for a few weeks, and he is trying to seize the moment and take control of this opportunity.  He tries his best to eliminate Delirious and Shark Boy at the same time, but gets bit in the ass by Shark Boy and kicked in the face by Delirious.  Kidman then runs over to the ropes and clothelines Cabana out, making him the first man eliminated.  Kidman is taunting Cabana now from the inside of the ring, and he takes his attention off his opponents.  Spanky runs towards him, but Kidman throws him over the top rope as well with a back body drop.

Josh Matthews: WOW! Kidman's doing great so far!

Alex Shelley: Don't get too excited there Josh, he ain't that good.

Delirious is now spinning around the ring like a psycho, and nobody wants to get near him.  He then gets dizzy and doesn't know where he's going.  He quickly moves towards the ropes, and all Gibson has to do is push him to make him fall out over the top rope.  Kidman grabs Gibson from behind and tries to throw him to the outside from behind, but Gibson nails him over the head with a few right hands.  Suddenly, Sonjay Dutt runs towards Kidman but gets leaped over the top rope by a back body drop.  Kidman celebrates Sonjay's elimination, but the indian sensation is actually still standing on the apron.  He grabs Kidman from behind and begins punching him over the head with some right hands.  He then jumps on the top rope to springboard himself onto Kidman, but gets caught by a fantastic dropkick by Kidman himself that sends Sonjay Dutt flying to the outside in pain.

Don Callis: You gotta' admit this is an impressive performance by Kidman.

Josh Matthews: I've been saying that all along.

Alex Shelley: How come I don't see you guys saying that when I'm fighting.

Josh Matthews: I think you've been too busy dealing with Shark.. Boys?

Alex Shelley: Don't remind me.

Bryan Danielson, Kid Kash and James Gibson are going at it for a few seconds.  Kidman decides to take a breather in the corner after his eliminations, and watches as Bryan Danielson gets taken out by a fantastic Yakuza Kick by CIMA.  Cima dropkicks James Gibson into the ropes, and Kid Kash clothelines him over, but Gibson hangs on and now lays on the apron.  Kid Kash slides down and this time kicks James Gibson to the outside of the ring, eliminating him.  He gets back up and raises his arms as a sign of victory, but all of a sudden, CIMA runs over and clothelines Kash over the top rope, falling out with him.  Kid Kash hangs on to the top rope and makes sure his feet don't touch the ground, throwing himself back into the mix ala Shawn Michaels, and eliminating CIMA in the process.  Kidman decides to get back into the action as Kid Kash and Shark Boy are both knocked out after a double clotheline.  Kidman gets out on the apron and runs up to the top rope, obviously going for a shooting star press.  He stands on the top turnbuckle, but Bryan Danielson suddenly jumps to the second rope and kicks Kidman right in the face, making him fall to the outside and get eliminated!

Alex Shelley: Told ya' that guy was nothing.

It's down to the final three.  Kid Kash and Bryan Danielson are going at it, as Shark Boy is still resting in the corner.  Danielson irish whips Kid Kash across the ring but gets it reversed, but instead of hitting the turnbuckle, he jumps on top of the second rope and turns to hit Kid Kash with a cross body, which Kash rolls out of.  Kash picks Danielson up from the ground using only his strength, dropping him with a backbreaker.  He then carries Danielson over to the ropes and tries to push him over, and he seems to be very close to doing it.  Danielson tries to fight out of it but Kid Kash is just about to throw him out.  Shark Boy suddenly runs up to both men and nails them at the same time with a double clotheline, making them fall to the outside and winning the title shot at Alex Shelley.  Shelley takes his headphones off and stares down Shark Boy.  He then looks over at the crowd and sees a man with a Shark Boy mask waving at him.  Shelley runs away.

Winner: Shark Boy

Overall Rating: 64%

We are taken to the set of an "earlier tonight" promo, with Hulk Hogan standing in a black room.

Hulk Hogan: LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING SAVAGE.. You think it's all about winning nowadays for Hulk Hogan, brother? Well NEWSFLASH, DUDE.. It's not.  I electrify the fans, and I live for it.  Now if YOU want to step in the ring with Hulkamania, the greatest most followed cult in professional wrestling, then be my guest brother, but don't expect to go far.

Suddenly, Hogan gets attacked by Randy Savage himself.  Savage nails Hogan over the head with a forearm smash, then takes off his belt ala Hogan and nails Hulk right over the back over and over again, walking off and leaving Hogan in pain.

Overall Rating: 91%

The Elite Tournament: Charlie Haas vs. Scott Steiner vs. Sean O'Haire

Don Callis: I bet you're looking forward to this one, Josh.. It's wwe assholes galore.

Steiner completely dominates the early going of this match, destroying both Haas and O'Haire right off the bat.  He clothelines Haas to the ground and throws him to the outside with his feet, allowing him to catch a breath of fresh air for a change.  He then grabs Steiner by the neck and throws him to the mat with a Flatliner trying to end the match early, but O'Haire is able to get his foot on the bottom rope.  Steiner then gives O'Haire an elbow drop, and tries to go for another cover for just a two count.  Big Poppa Pump grabs Sean O'Haire up by his hair and irish whips him across the ring, making him hit hard against the turnbuckle.  He then runs towards him to hit a clotheline, but O'Haire ducks it and nails Steiner over the head with a superkick! He hooks both legs for the cover 1...2...Haas pulls O'Haire to the outside and begins brawling with him.  He irish whips him into the apron and slides back into the ring, trying to take advantage of O'Haire superkick as he covers Steiner but only gets a two count.  He then picks Steiner up by his head and nails him with a forearm smash, then has the strength to scoop slam him down to the mat and jump up high in the air for a perfectly executed leg drop!

Josh Matthews: This is a great match!

Don Callis: It's actually one of the most boring things I've ever seen, this is worst than Lawler's match last week.

Haas begins kicking Steiner's legs, trying to weaken him up for the Haas Of Pain.  Sean O'Haire slides into the ring and tries to clotheline Haas, but he ducks the attempt and runs to the ropes, flying in the air to nail O'Haire with a flying clotheline, sending him down to the mat.  He then waits for him to get back up and clothelines him down again, dropping him with an elbow drop and raising his arms in the air in victory.  Haas walks over to Steiner's legs and tries to grab him for the Haas Of Pain, but Steiner gets back up to his feet and gives Haas an undetected low blow, that sends him to the ground grabbing his crotch.  Steiner grabs him from behind with a steiner recliner and forces Haas to tap out for the cheap victory.  O'Haire is still on the ground, and Steiner runs out of the ring.

Winner: Scott Steiner

Overall Rating: 77%

The New Jersey Triad are hanging out backstage.

Diamond Dallas Page: Guys.. We're on fire.  We've pretty much dominated Revolution Wrestling since the first day we were on the air.

Suddenly, DDP is interrupted when Mikey Whipwreck walks in front of him and stops him from moving forward.

Mikey Whipwreck: Is that so, huh? If you think you're so good.. Then how about you face me, next week, and prove it.

Diamond Dallas Page: Hahahahaha, that's pretty funny kid.  What do you weigh? Two pounds?

Mikey Whipwreck: I weigh enough to know that I could kick your ass on any given day of the week.

Diamond Dallas Page: I'll tell you what.. Since you're so eager to fight me.  How about if next week you beat Bam Bam Bigelow AND Chris Kanyon in two seperate matches, then you've got a match, live in two weeks.

Mikey Whipwreck: I'll do whatever it takes.. BITCH.

Whipwreck spits in DDP's face, making him go ballistic.  Kanyon and Bigelow hold their boss back as Whipwreck walks away with a cocky smile.

Overall Rating: 71%

Before the next match could begin, the tournament brackets are finally completed after the last two matches tonight and were shown on the big screen.

user posted image

Handicap Match: Sting vs. Kronik

Don Callis: Bret Hart's gonna' show Sting that he can't come in here and do whatever the hell he wants tonight.

Both members of Kronik slide into the ring and start the match off without even taking off their long coats.  Sting begins nailing both of them with some series of right hands.  He then grabs their heads and smashes them together, throwing Brian Adam to the outside over the top rope.  Bryan Clark runs towards Sting trying to hit a clotheline, but Sting ducks it and clothelines Clark to the outside alongside Adams.  The fans are giving Sting a mixed reaction as he stands in the ring screaming "WOOOOO!" while Adams and Clark are re-grouping on the outside.  They decide to stand on opposite sides of the ring and slide in at the same time, confusing Sting, who tries to keep control of both men but gets floored by a series of rights and lefts, then some kicks on the ground.  Jim Mollineaux forces Brian Adams to go out on the apron as Clark and Sting fight it out.  Clark dominates Sting with his obvious power advantage.  He irish whips him across the ring and squashes him in the corner with a clotheline, making Sting fall to the ground.  He then chokes him out in the corner with his foot and pulls away at the count of four by the referee.  Clark irish whips Sting to the turnbuckle again, tagging in Brian Adams.  Clark scoop slams Sting down and allows for his partner to nail him with a leg drop, for a cover 1...2.kick out!

Josh Matthews: I don't know how Sting's gonna' be able to win this match, Don!

Don Callis: I guess he's out of a job then.

Adams grabs Sting up by his hair and The Stinger begins fighting back with some blows to the stomach of Adams, who clobbers him over the back with a forearm smash and sends him back down to the mat.  He then sits on his back and begins pulling his face backwards with some sort of version of the Camel Clutch.  He releases the hold and picks Sting up by his hair, dragging him to the corner and tagging in Bryan Clark again.  The two corner Sting and start kicking him in the gut repeatedly, before irish whipping him to the ropes and missing a double clotheline attempt as Sting ducks under it, and off the rebound from the opposite ropes, nails both Adams and Clark with clothelines.  The fans are getting behind Sting, as he grabs Brian Adams by his hair, and irish whips him across the ring, nailing him with a powerslam and going for a cover but realizing that he's not the legal man.  He turns around to Clark but gets nailed right in the face by a vicious big boot! Clark goes for the cover 1...2...shoulder up!

Josh Matthews: Sting BARELY kicked out of that one!

Don Callis: Kronik have this one in the bag.

Bryan Clark cockily grabs Sting up by his hair and calls Brian Adams into the ring.  Adams comes in, ignoring the referee's request for him to stay out.  The two grab Sting up in the air for the double spinebuster they call "High Times", but Sting is able to kick both of them in the face and land back on his feet before they could hit the move.  Sting nails Adams over the head with two right hands, then does the same to Clark.  He irish whips Adams into the turnbuckle, then ducks a Clark clotheline attempt and makes him nail his own partner in the corner.  Sting takes a running start and nails both men in the corner with a Stinger Splash! He then grabs Clark from behind for a rollup 1...2...Adams gives Sting a double axe handle from behind.  Clark is on the ground, sliding to the outside.  Adams grabs Sting in some sort of a powerbomb position and raises his arms in the air, but Sting grabs him by his legs and throws him to the mat, putting his leg in between Adams's and locking in the Scorpion Deathlock.  Clark notices it too late, because Brian Adams taps out and Sting wins the match by submission, walking out of the ring through the crowd and screaming "WOOOO!" the entire way up, as the pay per view fades to the black.

Winner: Sting

Overall Rating: 73%

Overall Show Rating: 76%

Buy Rate: 0.19

Edited by HaasOfPain

Elite Tournament Predictions Contest

QUARTER FINAL MATCHES

Joe E. Legend vs. Lance Storm - 1 point

Steve Corino vs. Simon Diamond - 1 point

Scott Steiner vs. Carl Oulette - 1 point

Jerry Lynn vs. Austin Aries - 1 point

SEMI FINAL MATCHES

Winner of Legend/Storm vs. Winner of Corino/Diamond - 3 points

Winner of Steiner/Oulette vs. Winner of Lynn/Aries - 3 points

FINAL MATCH

Winner of Legend/Storm/Corino/Diamond vs. Winner of Steiner/Oulette/Lynn/Aries - 5 points

BONUS QUESTIONS:

Will any match involve a run in? If yes, which one/s? - 2 points, 1 point each question

Will anybody bleed during the tournament? - 1 point

Will anybody be disqualified or counted out? - 1 point

Will anybody else be involved in the tournament, either in a wrestling or non-wrestling role? If yes, who? - 3 points

Edited by HaasOfPain

user posted image

REVOLUTION WRESTLING: LEGENDS PREVIEW

Live From Indianapolis, Indiana

Elite Heavyweight Title Tournament Quarter Final Match

Joe E. Legend vs. Lance Storm

Elite Heavyweight Title Tournament Match

Austin Aries vs. Jerry Lynn

The New Jersey Gauntlet: Part I

Mikey Whipwreck vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

The New Jersey Gauntlet: Part II (If Mikey Beats Bigelow)

Mikey Whipwreck vs. Kanyon

The tournament is on.  After thrilling qualifying rounds, the quarter finals will begin this friday live on pay per view as Austin Aries takes on Jerry Lynn and Joe E. Legend takes on Lance Storm.  The rest of the competitors will take a breather with the night off, but those two rocket buster matches are definitely what the fans want to see.

Also this week live on pay per view, Diamond Dallas Page has set a gauntlet for Mikey Whipwreck, in which he has to face Bam Bam Bigelow and Kanyon in two seperate matches on the same night, and only if he is able to win both bouts will he be able to face DDP in two weeks from Lansing, Michigan.

Also, will Terry Funk answer Mick Foley's challenge for the street fight? What will Bret Hart have to say about Sting's win in the handicap match? All this and much more next friday night live on Revolution Wrestling: Legends at 8/7 central.

Choose Your Legend Voting; Superstars To Work Both TNA/RW

The "choose your legend" fan poll given out just a few days has gotten a poor response from the fans.  However, a few have voted and put Ultimate Warrior, Honky Tonk Man, Bobby Heenan and Kevin Nash at the top of the list, with Warrior having a slight advantage.  We'll see if anything changed by tuesday.

It has been reported that a few TNA stars who did not sign written contracts with the company have agreed to compete in revolution wrestling.  Among these workers are Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas, The Naturals, and also the current TNA Tag Team Champions.  Stevens and Douglas have told the media that they would love to work with the Hart Family, as they admire and respect all of the talent that has graduated from the Dungeon.  The Naturals are honored to work with the Harts, and will certainly give their best performances on upcoming shows.

Edited by HaasOfPain

Gotta say so far i really like the diary, a good mix of stars young and old make for an entertaining read. My votes gotta go to warrior, maybe he could get involved with Hogan vs Savage considering the history he has with them. He won the title from Hogan at Wrestlemania 6, but lost it to Sergeant Slaughter because of interference from Savage. It could help add to the fued I think, special Referee Ultimate Warrior maybe?

Just wanna' keep you guys up to date. I'm going to be posting the next show later tonight, so there's still time if anyone wants to predict on the tournament. There will be some sort of a "big" pay per view in a few shows, which will include the tournament final and some other important stuff, so I'll probably put a predictions contest. Oh, and I forgot to mention that because the tournament doesn't take place all in one night, you can still do your predictions for the next two shows. Once the semifinalists are chosen, predictions will no longer be allowed.

user posted image

Revolution Wrestling: Legends - Friday, September 30, 2005

Indianapolis, Indiana

New Jersey Gauntlet Match I: Mikey Whipwreck vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

The bells ring and this week's pay per view is under way as Mikey Whipwreck runs towards Bigelow and begins nailing him in the gut with a series of right hands, without stopping himself.  Bigelow pushes him over by his head and makes him flip on the ground, catching him with a clotheline the second time he tried to run towards him.  Kanyon and DDP are on the outside applauding their stablemate's performance, as he goes for a cover without applying much pressure and only gets a one count.  Bigelow grabs Whipwreck in a healock and applies pressure right on that neck, almost forcing Whipwreck to tap out.

Josh Matthews: Bigelow's finally starting to use his overwhelming size advantage.

Don Callis: I'm shocked Mikey's even lasted this long.

Josh Matthews: It's only been about a minute, Don.

Mikey slowly gets back up to his knees and his feet, nailing Bigelow in the gut with a series of elbows and escaping the hold.  He then runs to the ropes, but gets caught on his way towards Bigelow with a titl-a-whirl side slam and yet another close fall.  He then picks Mikey up by his hair and carries him over to the ropes, slapping him across the chest once, getting a WOOO! from the crowd, and doing it yet again to inflict some more damage on Whipwreck.  Bigelow then turns his attention off of his opponent and taunts the crowd, but gets surprised when Whipwreck grabs him from behind for a school boy with his feet on the second rope 1...2...3!

Josh Matthews: Whipwreck just stole one from the Triad.

Don Callis: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Bigelow is thrown to the outside to the referee, allowing for Kanyon to make his way into the ring.

Winner: Mikey Whipwreck

Overall Rating: 69%

New Jersey Gauntlet Match II: Mikey Whipwreck vs. Chris Kanyon

Josh Matthews: What the hell is this?

Don Callis: Looks like DDP's taking advantage of the fact that the referee is still arguing with Bigelow.

DDP runs into the ring and nails Whipwreck to the mat with a Diamond Cutter, sliding right out.  The referee turns right around as Kanyon hooks the far leg and the pin starts 1...2...3! KANYON HAS DONE IT FOR HIS TEAM! DDP and Bigelow enter the ring to celebrate their win, until all of a sudden a second referee runs down to the ring and begins explaining what just happened.  After a few seconds of arguing, the referee calls over the ring announcer, recently fired diva from the wwe, Maria Kannelis.

Maria Kannelis: The winner of this match.. AS A RESULT OF A DISQUALIFICATION.. MIKEY.. WHIPWRECK!

Josh Matthews: WHAT!?

DDP looks to be in shock as he grabs Whipwreck up and plants him down with yet another vicious Diamond Cutter.  The three men continue giving Whipwreck the beat down, until sliding out of the ring and walking off after making their presence felt.

Winner: Mikey Whipwreck via DQ

Overall Rating: 74%

After a quick commercial break, the cameras take us back to the ring where Sting is coming out to a mixed reaction from the crowd with a microphone in his hands.  He enters the ring and wastes absolutely no time in saying what he needs to say.

Sting: I ain't out here to waste anyone's time, so I'm gonna' get right down to business.  Bret Hart.. COME ON OUT!

Hart's theme song hits over the PA to one of the top reactions of the night.  The boss makes his way out to the entrance ramp, walking all the way into the ring and staring down Sting.

Bret Hart: I don't wanna' hear it from you, Sting.  I thought the montreal screwjob was bad, but I didn't know what was in store until I met you.

Sting: BRET.. I didn't come out here to argue with you.  I came out here to make an agreement.  Now you see, I only want one thing from you, Hart.  The one thing that only you can give me.. A match.

Bret Hart: Look Sting, you might've beaten up half my family but that doesn't mean I'm going to stick you in the elite heavyweight title tournament.

Sting laughs and interrupts Hart.

Sting: You're not even CLOSE my friend.  I don't want to go for the gold, I want a match.. AGAINST YOU.

It seems as if Bret's heart stops beating for a few seconds.

Bret Hart: Why do you have to do this to me? You don't think I struggle, knowing that I won't be able to get in the ring again for at least a year? What's the point of doing this to me, Sting?

Sting: LISTEN UP HERE, PAL.. I've wanted to face you for the damn longest time, and I'm not about to take no for an answer.  So what do ya' say.. Are you in.. Or are you out?

Hart drops his microphone and doesn't give Sting an answer, just walking back up the ramp quietly.

Overall Rating: 90%

A video plays on the titantron, hyping a Mick Foley vs. Terry Funk match in two weeks, implying that Funk accepted Foley's challenge.

Overall Rating: 86%

The Elite Tournament Quarter Final: Lance Storm vs. Joe E. Legend

Josh Matthews: We've got Simon Diamond joining us here for this match, folks!

Simon Diamond: I don't even know why I'm out here, we all know what's going to happen.  First, I'm going to destroy Steve Corino, and then, I'm going to beat whoever wins this match, it's no secret.

Legend and Storm lock up in the middle of the ring, with Legend using his strength advantage over his opponent, forcing him into the corner.  He then reluctantly releases the hold and goes for a quick punch, but Storm ducks it and begins hitting Legend right on the chest with a series of Flair-like chops.  He irish whips him across to the opposite turnbuckle and runs over to him, but gets hit in the face by an elbow.  Legend then jumps up to the second rope and hits a beautifully executed missile dropkick, showing some athleticism for a big man, as he covers 1...2..kick out! Joe picks Storm up by his head and hits a right hand, scoop slamming him down to the mat and going for a leg drop, which Storm moves out of the way for.  Legend lands right on his ass, and gets dropkicked right on the face while sitting on the mat, as Storm covers 1...2..kick out! Both men get right back up to their feet in a fighting stance, getting some fan reaction while doing so.

Josh Matthews: This match has been fantastic, I knew these two were some of the best, but I didn't expect them to be THIS good.

Simon Diamond: Please, I entertain more people with a clotheline.

Don Callis: As long as you did it in ecw, it was entertaining.

Legend kicks Lance in the gut and grabs him up with his head under his arm, nailing a nice looking vertical suplex for a two count.  He then grabs Storm back up by his hair and irish whips him across the ring, bending over but getting kicked on the shoulder.  Storm tries to use his momentum to run to the ropes and run back towards Legend, but he gets caught with a fantastic spinebuster by Joe E. Legend, who covers 1...2...shoulder up! Legend can't believe it.  He picks Lance Storm back up and throws him shoulder first into the turnbuckle post, grabbing him from behind and going for a backdrop.  Storm lands on his feet, and waits for Legend to turn around to give him a superkick that sends him flying over the top rope.  Storm is obviously favoring that right arm, holding it in pain after that shot on the turnbuckle.  The crowd begins chanting for Lance, as he catapults himself over the top rope and onto Joe E. Legend, getting right back up to his feet and throwing him into the ring for a two count.  Lance picks Legend back up to his feet and grabs him in a DDT position, but Legend is strong enough to reverse the move into a northern lights suplex out of nowhere 1...2..kikc out! Storm looks angry as he walks back towards his opponent and begins nailing him over the chest with a series of kicks and elbow drops.  Storm then runs to the ropes, but Legend does a Rock-like sit up and clothelines him inside out!

Don Callis: WOW! What a match.

Josh Matthews: Joe E. Legend is showing me something here tonight, I didn't think he had this in him.

Simon Diamond: Still isn't good enough.  These guys aren't worthy of being here.

Both men get back up to their feet and now Storm goes for a right hand, which is blocked by Legend who nails him with a right hand of his own.  He then irish whips Storm across the ring and goes for a clotheline, but misses and Lance is able to run to the opposite ropes and knock Legend down with a jumping heel kick of some sort, as he covers 1...2.kick out!  Storm is setting Legend up for a superkick.  Legend is slowly making his way back up to his feet with some help from the ropes, and as soon as he turns around he sees the bottom of Storm's foot running towards his face, but he's able to duck it.  Storm turns right around and runs towards Legend, but gets caught on his way with a GODZILLA CHOKE BOMB! The referee counts as the fans are going crazy 1...2....shoulder up!

Josh Matthews: This is unbelievable!

Legend can't believe Storm kicked out of his finisher, and angry, he walks to the outside of the ring to grab a steel chair.  He slides back into the ring and the referee starts arguing for him to drop the chair, but Legend pushes Mollineaux out of his way and turns his attention back to Storm, but doesn't realize that Storm has actually gotten up to his feet.  Lance quickly runs towards Legend and superkicks the chair right back in his face! The fans are expecting a cover here, but Storm wants to make sure the job is done, therefore he walks towards Legend's legs and grabs them both up, looking at each side of the crowd.  He then slowly turns around and applies pressure onto the legs with a Canadian Maple Leaf.  Legend is slowly trying to crawl to the bottom rope, but unable to, he's forced to tap out and give Storm the win in a great quarter final bout.

Winner: Lance Storm

Overall Rating: 76%

Singles Match: Harry Smith vs. Marcus Bagwell

Smith got a HUGE reaction from the crowd as he's starting to resemble his father, the great British Bulldog, more and more with his style of wrestling.  Bagwell starts the match out kicking Smith in the gut before the bell could even ring.  He beats him down in the corner with a series of rights and lefts and some kicks to go with it, and irish whips him across the ring, but gets reversed and lands right on the turnbuckle chest first.  Smith then runs to the ropes and catches Bagwell with a clotheline.  He picks "Buff" back up by his head and hits him with a forearm smash, scoop slamming him to the mat and hitting a beautifully executed leg drop for a cover 1...2.kick out! Smith wants to put an early end to this match, as he gets back up to his feet and asks for the crowd to get behind him.  He then picks Bagwell up over his shoulders and goes for a running powerslam ala Bulldog, but Bagwell lands on his feet and catches Smith with a running neckbreaker instead.

Josh Matthews: What a veteran move by Bagwell.

Don Callis: Buff is the stuff.

Bagwell covers Smith a few times but is unable to get a three count.  He picks him up by his head and irish whips him across the ring, squashing him against the turnbuckle with a clotheline.  He then picks Smith up from behind and tries to knock him down with a backdrop, but Smith lands on his feet and dropkicks Bagwell back into the turnbuckle, grabbing him from behind for a rollup 1...2..kick out! Smith kicks Bagwell in the gut and picks him up off his feet for a suplex, holding him up in the air for a few seconds before dropping him down to the mat with a perfectly executed vertical suplex.  He picks him right back up by his hair and starts hitting some hard right hands to the face, getting a huge reaction from the crowd.  He then knocks Bagwell down with a clotheline and waits for him to get back up to hit him with another, and yet another, setting him up for the finish.  Bagwell gets back up to his feet and Smith grabs him up for a running powerslam, but Bagwell slides behind him and pushes him into the turnbuckle, where he squashes the referee!

Don Callis: Uh oh.

Bagwell walks up to Smith from behind and nails him with a vicious low blow, making him bend over in perfect position as he climbs up to the second rope and nails the Buff Blockbuster.  The referee is slowly making his way back up to his feet as he counts 1.......2.......3! Bagwell has stolen a victory from Harry Smith.

Don Callis: What an astute man.

Winner: Marcus Bagwell

Overall Rating: 71%

Randy Savage is standing in the ring with a microphone and a very serious expression on his face.

Randy Savage: HULK HOGAN... OOOOH YEAH.. I ain't wastin' any time today.  I can beat you.  I've proved it plenty of times now, and I ain't about to sit here and take your trash talking any more.

Suddenly, Real American hits over the PA system and the crowd goes absolutely wild for the Hulkster.  He makes his way out to the entrance ramp and slides into the ring at the end, staring down Randy Savage and stealing the mic from him.

Hulk Hogan: It's my turn to talk, brother.

The crowd cheers.

Hulk Hogan: Over the past few weeks, it's been all about YOU.  You keep telling me how much better than me you are, you keep bragging about a stupid pinfall you got over me, which you cheated to get in the first place, DUDE! Now if you invited me, THE ICON, Hulk Hogan out to this ring just to give me a little trash talkin', then you better shut your damn mouth before I make you!

Hogan shoves the microphone back on Savage's chest.

Randy Savage: It ain't that simple, Hogan.  You beat me, I beat you, the way I see it.. We're right back where we started.. BROTHER! So I'm proposing a match.  Live next week, WE.. Two old men.. Can steal the show.

Hulk Hogan: It's a tough decision, Macho Man.. But I accept!

Savage wastes no time in trying to nail Hogan with a right hand, but gets it blocked and starts getting hit with a series of right hands by Hogan, who forces him into the ropes, then clothelines him out of the ring, taunting him as the crowd goes wild.

Overall Rating: 89%

Tag Team Match: Kronik vs. The Naturals

Don Callis: Well Josh, The Naturals are making their debut in Revolution Wrestling this week.

Josh Matthews: And as we all know they are great competitors, and also two time NWA Tag Team Champions.

Andy Douglas starts in the ring with Bryan Clark, getting nailed by a vicious clotheline that sends him flying to the mat.  Clark uses his massive size advantage to hit a leg drop that makes Andy Douglas's back arch up from the ground.  Clark picks Douglas up and carries him to his corner, where he drives his head into the turnbuckle and tags in his tag team partner.  Brian Adams gets into the ring and starts double teaming Andy Douglas with a series of kicks to the gut, before Clark makes his way to the apron and Adams is able to pick Douglas up on his shoulders, knocking him down with a nicely executed running powerslam.  He covers 1...2..Stevens runs into the ring to make the quick save and runs right back out of the ring, with the referee following him.  Kronik take advantage of the referee's distraction by giving Douglas a double elbow drop and allowing for Clark to come back in without even getting a tag.  He picks up his opponent by his hair and scoop slams him down to the mat, running to the ropes and jumping as high up in the air as he could to hit a huge elbow drop, which he misses.  Both men crawl to their corners and tag in their respective partners.  Stevens ducks an Adams clotheline attempt and runs to the ropes, clotheline Adams down to the mat.  He then picks Clark up by his hair and tries to irish whip him across the ring, getting it reversed but landing on the second rope and nailing Clark with an elbow drop from the second rope! He covers 1...2..Adams breaks the count.

Josh Matthews: Chase Stevens is on fire!

Don Callis: It won't last long.

Stevens gets back up to his feet and starts nailing Brian Adams with a series of right hands, running to the ropes and going for a cross body, but getting caught in mid air.  Adams taunts the crowd with Stevens in his arms, allowing for Andy Douglas to run into the ring and dropkick Stevens on his back, making him fall on top of Adams for a pinfall attempt 1...2...kick out!  The Naturals are in the ring together, and Adams slides out of the ring, leaving Clark in the ring on his own.  Clark slowly gets back up to his feet but is looking a bit groggy.  Chase Stevens runs towards him and nails him with a spinning tornado DDT, but doesn't go for the count as Andy Douglas is out on the apron at the same time.  Douglas jumps over the top rope and nails a leg drop on Clark, covering him 1...2...Adams pulls Douglas out of the ring and knocks him out with a vicious clotheline.  He runs back into the ring, where Chase Stevens greets him with a series of rights and lefts right across the back.  He then runs to the ropes and ducks an Adams clotheline attempt, knocking Brian Adams down with a flying forearm smash of his own! He then waits for Adams to get back up to his feet, but he turns around and sees Bryan Clark back up and setting him up for a big boot.  Clark runs towards Stevens but misses the big boot and nails his own partner right over the head with it! Clark tries to check on Adams, but Chase Stevens crawls up quickly from behind with a rollup 1...2...3! Stevens runs out of the ring and exits with Andy Douglas, they've just stolen one from Kronik!

Winner: The Naturals

Overall Rating: 73%

The Elite Tournament Quarter Final: Jerry Lynn vs. Austin Aries

Don Callis: If this match is as good as I think it will be, we've got history in the making.

Both men circle each other in the ring for a few seconds, before they lock up in a high elbow tie up, and Aries slips out of it with an armdarg take down.  Lynn runs towards him with a clotheline attempt, but Aries ducks it and continues to run into the ropes, springboarding himself onto Jerry Lynn for a flying elbow drop.  Both men get right back up to their feet.  Aries goes for a leg sweep, but Lynn jumps, and as he lands back on the ground, tries to kick Austin Aries, but gets the kick blocked.  He hops around for about two seconds before nailing Aries with an enzuiguiri and a cover 1...2.kick out! He picks Aries back up by his hair and drags him into the corner, irish whipping him across the ring and following him to hit a hard clotheline that sends Austin flying into the bottom turnbuckle.  Lynn runs to the opposite turnbuckle and tries to catch Aries with a bronco buster, but Aries moves out of the way and makes Lynn fall on his crotch area.  Aries walks right up to Lynn's head and grabs him from behind, nailing a nicely executed falling reverse DDT for a cover 1...2..shoulder up! Aries won't have any of it.  He exits the ring and starts climbing up to the top rope, the crowd going wild as he starts to stand on the top turnbuckle and jumps off with a 450 splash attempt, which Lynn moves out of the way for, making Aries fall flat on his face.  Lynn goes for a cover hooking both legs this time as the referee counts 1...2...kick out!

Josh Matthews: I thought it was gonna' be over!

Don Callis: Austin Aries is a great young competitor, he's showing that he can hang with the big guys.

Lynn helps himself up and walks along the ropes, running towards Aries and baseball sliding him outside of the ring.  He waits for Aries to slowly get back up and catapults himself over the top rope with a cross body, which knocks Aries down to the unprotected cement floor.  Lynn picks him back up by his hair and throws him into the ring, climbing back up on the apron.  He springboards himself off the top rope but misses a leg drop attempt as Aries moves out of the way.  Austin Aries stands right over Jerry Lynn and nails him with a standing moonsault, covering him 1..2..kick out! Aries grabs Lynn up by his hair and scoop slams him down to the mat, running to the ropes and then springboarding himself in a Lionsault type manover to nail Lynn and cover him 1...2..kick out! Austin Aries now picks Lynn up by his hair again, but Lynn gains momentum as he begins nailing Aries over the head with a series of right hands that make the crowd go wild.  He irish whips Austin Aries across the ring and bends over, getting a stiff kick right on the injured shoulder by Aries! Aries then runs back against the ropes but Lynn comes firing back out of nowhere by catching him with a fantastic powerslam, hooking both legs 1...2...kick out! Lynn can't believe it, as he gets right back up to his feet and calls out Aries to do the same.  He waits for the youngster to get back up to his feet and goes for a right hand, which Aries blocks and counters with a right hand of his own.  He then tries to kick Lynn, but gets the kick blocked and goes for an enzuiguiri, which Lynn ducks.  Aries then hits a back kick much like RVD's.  Lynn goes falling into the turnbuckle but runs right back towards Austin Aries, getting caught with a titl-a-whirl back breaker that looked brutal, as Aries makes the cover 1...2...shoulder up!

Josh Matthews: So close!

Don Callis: I thought it was over right there, what a performance by young Austin Aries.

Aries stands right over Lynn and starts swinging his arms around for a few seconds, nailing the swinging pendulum elbow on Jerry Lynn and going for another cover 1...2...kick out! Aries hits the ground hard in awe, he can't believe that Jerry Lynn has kicked out.  Aries jumps out to the apron and waits for Lynn to get back up.  He springboards on the top rope and tries to hit a hurricanrana, but Lynn is able to catch him in mid move and reverse it into a powerbomb, which is again reversed into a DDT from mid air by Austin Aries! Aries covers 1...2.....shoulder up! The fans are going wild, chanting "RW.. RW.. RW" throughout the arena, as Austin Aries continues to get angry with Jim Mollineaux for not giving him the three count.  He turns around again, and Lynn stands right up ala Rock, hitting Aries with a spinning heel kick that sends him flying into the turnbuckle.  Lynn runs towards him, but Aries quickly slips out of the second rope in a great way and making Lynn hit hard on the turnbuckle.  Aries then climbs up to the second rope and grabs Lynn from behind to hit a reverse tornado DDT from the top rope.  Lynn is on the mat grabbing his arm in pain, as Austin Aries climbs to the outside of the ring again and starts climbing up to the top rope.  He looks around at the crowd and dives off with a beautiful 450 splash which he nails to perfection this time! The crowd chants along with the referee's count 1...2...Lynn is able to grab onto the bottom rope! Austin Aries doesn't it and begins celebrating around the ring, with the referee trying to stop him and tell him the match isn't over.  He argues with him for a few seconds, giving enough time to Jerry Lynn to get back up to his feet.  He grabs Aries from behind and turns him around, kicking him in the gut and grabbing him up for the Cradle Piledriver, but Aries is able to slip right out of it and land behind Jerry Lynn, grabbing him by his arm and trying to clotheline him down to the mat, but getting surprised when Lynn ducks it and steps behind Aries to nail a german suplex with a bridge 1...2....kick out! Both men quickly get back up to their feet and Austin Aries grabs Jerry Lynn up in a piledriver position to mock him, but Lynn is able to reverse it into a piledriver position of his own! He fixes up his hand positioning and nails Austin Aries down with a cradle piledriver and the crowd is loving it! Lynn barely is able to get an arm over him for the count 1...2....3! Jerry Lynn has done it! He gets back up to his feet and starts celebrating his victory for a few seconds, until Austin Aries could make his way back up to his feet.  Lynn walks over to him and extends his right hand, offering him a handshake.  Aries looks at it and puts his hands around his waist, thinking about it.  Lynn pressures him into doing it a bit more, as does the crowd, and Aries accepts, shaking Lynn's hand.  Lynn then raises Aries' arm high up in the air, pointing towards him, as the pay per view goes off the air in fantastic fasion.

Winner: Jerry Lynn

Overall Rating: 77%

user posted image

Overall Show Rating: 79%

Buy Rate: 0.21

user posted image

REVOLUTION WRESTLING: LEGENDS PREVIEW

Live From Atlanta, Georgia

Elite Heavyweight Title Tournament Quarter Final Match

Steve Corino vs. Simon Diamond

Elite Heavyweight Title Tournament Match

Scott Steiner vs. Pierre Carl Oulette

The New Jersey Gauntlet: Part III

Mikey Whipwreck vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Icon vs. Icon; Legend vs. Legend

Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan

The tournament continues this week as Scott Steiner takes on Pierre Carl Oulette to find out who moves on to the semi final round to take on Jerry Lynn, and Simon Diamond battles with Steve Corino to decide the last semi finalist to compete against Lance Storm.

Also this week live on pay per view, Mikey Whipwreck gets his match against Diamond Dallas Page after a very confusing finish to the New Jersey Gauntlet last week.  Can Mikey Whipwreck steal one from DDP? Or has his luck finally run into a brick wall?

And then, in the main event of the evening, two legends collide.  Former world champions and icons in the industry, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage finally meet one on one in one of the most anticipated battles since the start of the company.  Can "two old men" really steal the show? That and more this friday night live on pay per view.

Edited by HaasOfPain

• 1 year later...