Ill Wishes Wrestling

Guest nebulousecho

Guest nebulousecho

And with those six numbers, one man became 154 million dollars richer.

08, 12, 17, 29, 33, 46..this week's winning PowerBall numbers. And as they came across the TV screen one by one, Adam Kelly read them off of his ticket, an increasing crescendo with each number until his last nearly made him pass out.

He won the jackpot! $154m of a jackpot.. And he saw instantly that his dreams could come true. His and those of every wrestling fan alive.

Guest nebulousecho

A couple of months pass, and after the legal mumbo-jumbo Mr. Kelly recieves his lump sum of roughly $75m..my the taxes do take away a lot. The urge to run a professional wrestling company hit him hard when he was just 13, now he is a mere 21 years old and the luckiest man at age 21 in the world right now. He gets on the phone and makes calls.

Lots of calls.

To everyone he can think of. He hires the best lawyer in the country and sends him off to do a very important job..secure a TV slot. Orders are placed to highspots.com for guardrails, safety padding..and a six-sided ring. He is going national with this promotion and he wants to follow in TNA's footsteps.

He calls up Joe Marshall and orders four championship belts..

Adam gains a building permit, land in the outskirts of Portland, ME, and hires the best contractors in New England to build an arena that will become the mecca of his wrestling legacy.

Now the waiting game begins. But he assures himself one thing..a new era of wrestling will dawn when he steps out into the scene.

Edited by nebulousecho

Guest nebulousecho

Four long months pass, and it is now August, 2005. The arena has been completed and in fact Adam Kelly is sitting in his office that is housed inside the arena. In a brilliant move, he contracted the Eastern Wrestling Alliance, a local indy fed, to develop local talent with the help of his trainers so that he can give deserving New England names their shot at glory.

All four title belts arrived about a month earlier, but Mr. Kelly insists on keeping everything about the company secret, thus the names of the belts will not be revealed until the first show. And speaking of the first show, when is it and when will it be? The only detail known about the name, Ill Wishes Wrestling.

Mr. Kelly's lawyer called a few days earlier and said that some details had to be tied up and then he would be in to tell what was happening. Well today is that day and his lawyer, Eric Townsend, walks into his office to tell the juicy news.

Adam: "Eric, it's been a long four months getting to know you and it all comes down to this moment! Nice to see you again."

Eric: "You will be seeing me some more in the future, actually, but I have plenty to tell you today."

His comment about future meetings elicited an "oh..?" from Adam.

Eric: "First of all, despite you having money beyond many's wildest dreams, I still secured four high-profile sponsors for the company: Acclaim, Budweiser, Caesar's Palace and none other than Playboy."

Adam: "Playboy?"

Eric: "They offered, we accepted. With the kind of content you plan to have in your shows, sponsors aren't going to be as plentiful as they would otherwise be. Same is going to go for television, unfortunately."

Adam: "Are you saying we don't have a TV deal?"

Eric: "Yes and no. I'm still in negotiations with multiple networks.."

Adam groans at this..

Eric: "..but I did secure a TV spot for us, on a national level, until major network picks us up. And I have secured pay-per-view broadcasting rights on all major PPV outlets."

Adam: "Excellent work on the pay-per-view and for having networks wanting us, but where are we going to be aired in the meantime?!"

Eric: "DirecTV Freeview."

Adam: "What? The free concert thing?"

Eric: "Yes. They offered us a late-night spot on Tuesday and I took the liberty of saying yes. Why? Because they are going to let us do ANYTHING we want on the programme."

Adam: "Anything?"

Eric: "Yes, anything, which is even more than HBO could say."

Adam: "When do we go on the air?"

Eric: "A pay-per-view debut event will be on September 4, and our first Freeview event is on the 6th."

Adam: "Perfect.. do we name the show?"

Eric: "Unfortunately we don't get the option of naming the Freeview show..that is stuck as 'IW on DirecTV' as part of the deal."

Adam: "Well, we will name our other shows as we acquire them.."

And with that, the two went on to talk about minor details that won't be covered here.

Edited by nebulousecho

Guest nebulousecho

Ill Wishes Wrestling

Presents

The Debut Show

Live on Pay-Per-View

September 4, 2005

The roster revealed.

All championships decided.

The secrets will end..

A new era of wrestling will begin..

Guest nebulousecho

IW Wrestling's Debut Show

Pay-Per-View

September 4, 2005

Portland, ME

Attendance: 3,632

Buyrate: 0.32

A video promo airs, with only words appearing on screen that hype the new promotion. The lights come up on the crowd revealing the arena in detail. The enigmatic six-sided ring is in the center. Ill Wishes Arena is getting it's first use today. Suddenly theres some commotion going on in the crowd and soon everyone turns to the entranceway. None other than Joel Gertner is walking down towards the ring!

Gertner: "WELL...WELL...WELL..."

The crowd chanted each word along with him.

Gertner: "If it isn't I, the quintesential stud muffin, Joel 'its been a long time since

I've been on the scene, so I came to Ill Wishes Wrestling to tell everyone where I've been, but that my friends wouldn't be worth the trouble, because you all know I've been with your wives as a couple...'...GERTNER!"

The crowd erupts at his long-desired wordplay intro.

Gertner: "And I'm here for one reason. To lead. I am the head of talent, and that means that I am boss to every athlete in the locker room. But that isn't why I'm out here. Right now, I want to introduce the commentators that everyone at home will be hearing. First, one of the more controversial names on the internet wrestling scene, and a man who wishes death upon TNA, Dave Meltzer."

Dave Meltzer gets almost booed out of the building as he walks down to his broadcast position.

Gertner: "And his broadcast partner, someone I've known for a long, long time.."

"Joey" chants rise up from the crowd.

Gertner: "..yes my friends, JOEY STYLES!"

"More Human Than Human" plays as a nod to ECW as Joey Styles walks out to a thuderous ovation.

Gertner: "And lastly, straight from the UFC, your ring announcer, Bruce Buffer!"

Bruce Buffer walks down to the ring to a half silent crowd, mostly because they're unfamiliar with him. Gertner leaves the ring to cheers.

Joel Gertner gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

--

Buffer: "Ladies and gentlemen, this first match is a FOUR WAY LADDER MATCH to crown the first Ill Wishes Wrestling World Tag Team Champions!"

The crowd goes nuts at the announcement of such a great opening match. First out is Paul Birchall, then Air Paris walks out as he is announced as his partner. Next out are the team of Billy Fives and Jimmy Rave. Both teams get a fair reception from the crowd. Trent Acid and Austin Aries, announced with the team name of High Impact, come out next. Lastly, the duo of Jun Kasai and Masada get into the ring, mostly to silence since they are fairly unknown.

Paul Birchall/Air Paris vs. Billy Fives/Jimmy Rave vs. Trent Acid/Austin Aries vs. Jun Kasai/Masada

HIGH SPOTS:

- Free-for-all at beginning.

- Jun Kasai hits springboard moonsault in the ring on Paris and Rave.

- A "ladder table" is made outside, Trent Acid is placed on it and Air Paris hits a springboard shooting star press from the inside onto Acid.

- Austin Aries hits a moonsault from the top of a ladder to the outside on everyone else who are all brawling.

- One ladder is set onto another like a see-saw, Birchall lands on one end, then Masada powerbombs Aries onto the other end, sending Birchall flying off.

FINISH:

Everyone but Acid and Billy Fives is lying around ringside. Fives goes for the belts but

Acid stops him at the top by climbing the same side of the ladder. Acid gets knocked off but lands on his feet. In an attempt to take Acid out, Fives turns around on the ladder, his back to it, but Masada holds the ladder on the other side while Jun Kasai hits a springboard dropkick right to Fives' groin. He stays on the ladder but is incapasitated. Acid throws Kasai out of the ring then stops Masada as he climbs for the belt, throwing him out as well. Finally Acid climbs to the top, but instead of going for the win, he climbs onto Fives' shoulders and spins around into a hurricanrana from the top rung! Both men are down and out, but Austin Aries slides in and climbs the ladder to retrieve the belts and win the match.

Winners: High Impact (Trent Acid and Austin Aries)

Match: 55%

Crowd: 37%

Match: 74%

Rating: *1/4

--

Once the ring is cleared of the carnage, Bruce Buffer enters the ring to open the next match.

Buffer: "This next match-up is for one pinfall or submission.."

Kevin Sullivan appears to occult-sounding music. He gets a decent heel reaction although his time has likely passed and many people in the crowd don't know who he is.

The Taskmaster grabs the microphone from Buffer..

Sullivan: "I had one stipulation when I signed a contract to work for this company, and that was to be allowed to do anything I want. I demand that all of my matches here be falls-count-anywhere rules."

The referee nods in approval as Buffer gets the microphone back. Sirens blare in the arena and everyone stands in anticipation of who they think it is. And they are not disappointed, because walking to the ring is Scott Steiner! The crowd responds loudly to every muscle flex he does but it's cut short as Sullivan attacks before the bell. However, Steiner looks more like a fly just ran into him than a victim.

Kevin Sullivan vs. Scott Steiner

Taskmaster's Rules

HIGH SPOTS:

- Mostly domination from Scott Steiner.

- Sullivan runs to the outside, and blasts Steiner with a chair to the head when he follows. Sullivan then sets up a table but gets thrown back into the ring before he can use it.

- Steiner bench presses Sullivan above his head, over the top rope and through the table outside.

FINISH:

Instead of taking advantage of the big bump, Steiner poses to the crowd for what seems like ages. Finally he goes outside and starts scraping Sullivan off the floor when he gets low-blowed and falls over. Sullivan somehow drags Steiner all the way to the entranceway and ties him into the Tree of Woe on a metal bar that outlines one of the video screens. Sullivan grabs a steel chair and drives it full-speed into Steiners head using his knee, but Sullivan also collapses from the move. Sullivan manages to drape an arm over Steiner though and gets the surprise three-count.

Winner: Kevin Sullivan

Scott Steiner lost 1 point of overness from this match. Kevin Sullivan gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Match: 60%

Crowd: 61%

Match: 61%

Rating: 1/2*

--

Bruce Buffer is in the ring..

Buffer: "This next match is special to Ill Wishes Wrestling, and being the official UFC ring announcer, makes me feel at home. Out of the desire to bring to you, the fans, the best in-ring action of all kinds..this is a mixed martial arts rules match!"

The crowd is pleased to hear about UFC-style action in front of them.

Buffer: "This match is won by submission or knockout..there are no rounds, it goes until one competitor cannot."

Dan Frye walks to the ring to a chorus of boos. Next comes international MMA icon Bas Rutten! The fans seem almost shocked that he's in Portland at IW Arena.

Dan Frye vs. Bas Rutten

Shootfight Match

The match is almost too fast. Within 10 seconds, Frye has Rutten on the mat and is

pounding away, but in another ten Rutten is on top returning the favor before quickly

floating over into an armbar. Frye tries to get out but can't take the pain and taps out

quickly. Bas Rutten offers a handshake to Dan Frye after the match but he is stared at and then his hand spit on before Frye leaves the ring to tons of booing.

Winner: Bas Rutten

Time of match: 33 seconds

Don Frye lost 2 points of overness from this match. Bas Rutten gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Match: 68%

Crowd: 56%

Match: 81%

Rating: **1/4

--

Buffer: "The next match is for one pinfall or submission.."

Lash LeRoux comes out first, looking a bit like a Cajun redneck. Being in Maine, the crowd responds warmly. Lenny Lane is his opponent, coming out looking like a Hollywood denizen. The crowd is clearly even more on LeRoux's side now and heavily boos Lane when he tries to warm up to the fans then tells them to piss off.

Lash LeRoux vs. Lenny Lane

HIGH SPOTS:

- Lots of back and forth wrestling and series of reversals.

- High-risk moves a-plenty!

- ReRoux hits a top rope hurricanrana to the outside! The crowd goes crazy but both men took a bad tumble.

FINISH:

Lenny Lane crawls back into the ring after the spot only to recieve a springboard legdrop to the back of his head and neck. It took the last remaining energy out of LeRoux too, as both men stay down. As the both stumble to their feet, Ron Waterman runs in from out of nowhere and spears both men at the same time! One with each arm! He goes out for a chair and returns to smash both men in turn with it. The referee has called this one a no-contest.

Match: 66%

Crowd: 61%

Match: 71%

Rating: *1/2

--

Both men roll out of the ring at hit the floor like wet towels as Waterman grabs a microphone.

Waterman: "I'm here to dominate. It's my time to be the top name in the wrestling world, and these two pricks didn't deserve the airtime they got on this pay-per-view telecast. I should be main-eventing, but I didn't have a place on the card until now, and that's because I took it. I want a damned match tonight, and I am demanding anyone in that locker room to get their ass out here so I can show this mass of toothless hicks what I'm talking about."

Waterman throws the microphone down to tons of boos and waits for someone to come out. During the few seconds wait, you can hear him scream "get the fuck out here!" to nobody in particular. Suddenly some music hits and Test is running to the ring to a cheering arena!

Ron Waterman vs. Test

HIGH SPOTS:

- It's all Test in the first couple of minutes. He's on fire when he hits the ring.

- Test charges into a corner to clothesline Waterman, but he gets the boot up and that

turns the tide.

- Waterman takes much of the match methodically tearing down Test with power moves.

FINISH:

Test makes a comeback by slipping out of a power slam, landing a few punches and then hitting two backdops. A third attempt results in him getting a forearm to the back follwed by an Irish whip from Waterman. A clothesline attempt misses, but Waterman ducks under Test's return attempt at his Big Boot. Waterman spins Test around, kicks him, and executes the Water Bomb on the big man to get at three-count. Waterman walks away from his carnage yelling at fans on his way.

Winner: Ron Waterman

Match: 68%

Crowd: 58%

Match: 79%

--

Bruce Buffer finally gets to return to the ring to resume his duties..

Buffer: "This next match is a four-way-dance match, and will decide the first ever IW

Wrestling True Talent Champion!"

The crowd a little intrigued by the name of this belt.

Alex Shane comes out first, then Kid Romeo, TNA dropout Frankie Kazarian, and to a great response, CM Punk! Everyone stares each other down while the referee holds up the new True Talent belt..

CM Punk vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Kid Romeo vs. Alex Shane

HIGH SPOTS:

- This whole match was a high spot!

- Kazarian is left alone in the ring when Romeo, then Shane, then Punk come in one-by-one, but each are taken down by a viscious superkick as they arrive.

FINISH:

Alex Shane throws Kazarian out of the ring then rebounds off the far ropes and dives over in an incredible Spiral Tap-style move! Meanwhile, Romeo whips Punk into the ropes but ducks under his leg lariat then nearly superkicks Kid Romeo's head off. Romeo staggers into a corner where CM Punk joins him and executes the Pepsi Plunge for the win and the crown of first True Talent Champion!

Winner: CM Punk

The IW True Talent title has gained in image.

Crowd: 53%

Match: 80%

--

Suddenly gangster rap plays over the PA system and all four men in the ring run for their safety when they see who is on the entrance ramp. The crowd is cheering their heads off in disbelief of who they are looking at. Bringing a microphone up to his mouth, boxing legend Mike Tyson begins to speak.

Tyson: "Ya know, ya know I done it all in tha, the boxing ring. I am the greatest champion of all time..."

The crowd erupts as Tyson pauses..

Tyson: "But I only been in that wrestling ring one time and I weren't even wrestling, I was ref. So I am here to be a wrestler. I quit boxing, but I ain't quitting the ring. I am goin' to be the greatest boxing..AND wrestling champion ever. I wanna see somebody stop me. If anybody got the guts to stop me, then meet me in that ring. I've torn a man's ear off. I've knocked men out cold with one punch. If anybody got the guts to stop me then come on and die trying, at least I respect ya if you try."

Overall rating: 81%

--

He drops the microphone and walks to the ring with the crowd still cheering non-stop for him. Bruce Buffer looks nervous as Mike Tyson entes the ring, but Tyson just stands in the corner while telling Buffer to "say I'm the first guy."

Buffer: "This match is tonight's main event!"

The crowd both cheers and sighs a little..

Buffer: "It is a twenty man, sequential battle royal, meaning that two men will start out and every minute a new man will enter the match. Elimination by being thrown over the top rope only. The winner of this match will become the first World Heavyweight Champion in Ill Wishes Wrestling history!"

Again the crowd cheers, and Tyson looks like he's impatiently waiting for something..

Buffer: "By his request, the first entrant in this match is the Baddest Man on the Planet, Mike Tyson!"

Familiar music hits, boos ring out, and a very unlucky Lenny Lane is the first man to

challenge Mike Tyson in this match.

20-Man Sequential Battle Royal

Lane enters from the opposite side that Tyson is on and tries making small talk with him. Tyson isn't showing any interest but Lane continues obviously trying to stall time. Lane cautiously walks towards Tyson, looking like he might offer a handshake. Tyson sends Lane running to the opposite corner when he barely flinches, causing him to break out into laughter. Lane laughs nervously as well while getting to his feet then unwisely rushes Tyson. All he gets is a right hand to the jaw and an eruption from the fans because of it, and there's no life left in Lenny Lane's body.

#3: Bas Rutten

The two men stare each other down. Rutten picks up Lane's barely moving body and throws him out of the ring.

Eliminated: Lenny Lane

Tyson and Rutten talk and out of mutual respect wait for the next man to enter.

#4: Kevin Sullivan

Sullivan climbs onto the apron reluctantly but is thrown in by Rutten, knocked out cold by Tyson, then disposed of again by Rutten.

Eliminated: Kevin Sullivan

Both wait longer for the next entrant..

#5: Dan Frye

Frye charges and immediately tackles Rutten who he lost to earlier, unloading stiff punches on him. Tyson looks on, impressed, then drags Frye off of Rutten to get some for himself. Frye actually hits a shot that stuns Tyson, then Tyson hits one of his own, but Frye isn't going down. Suddenly Rutten takes him down from behind and locks in a rear naked choke.

#6: Frank Shamrock

MMA names are filling the ring! Frank Shamrock, making his debut in IW, hits the ring and kicks away at an already motionless Dan Frye. Shamrock and Rutten pick up Frye and chuck him over the top rope.

Eliminated: Dan Frye

Tyson charges at both men with a double clothes line, but Bas Rutten ducks! Frank Shamrock doesn't however.. Tyson clotheslines Shamrock out of the ring while being backdropped out himself!

Eliminated: Mike Tyson, Frank Shamrock

#7: Kid Romeo

Tyson is furious, and knocks Kid Romeo out cold on his way to the ring. He then drags Shamrock with him, pummeling him as he goes until security breaks it up. In the chaos, a couple guards get thrown around but Tyson finally gets restrained with handcuffs.

#8: Billy Fives

Fives mockingly tiptoes over Romeo's downed body to get into the ring. He isn't too wise though as he runs at Rutten and gets backdropped out of the ring for his troubles.

Eliminated: Billy Fives

Rutten waits for..

#9: Scott Steiner

Steiner has a bandage on his head from where he was cut from Sullivan's Tree of Woe. Both men have a stare-down. Rutten goes for a takedown but get clubbed in the back for it, gets picked up, and thrown out of the ring, on top of Kid Romeo who isn't faring well as it is.

Eliminated: Bas Rutten

#10: Masada

Romeo and Rutten are down in a pile while Steiner waits for Masada to enter the ring. he runs in and tries to match power with power, but the slugfest quickly goes in Steiner's favor. Masada stumbles back to the ropes where he is clothslined over the top and onto a now-standing Kid Romeo.

Eliminated: Masada

The crowd couldn't help but laugh at Romeo's misfortune..

#11: Alex Shane

On his way to the ring, Shane grabs Romeo and finally throws him into the ring. Steiner chucks him out just as fast, then grabs hold of Alex Shane and sends him to the same fate.

Eliminated: Kid Romeo, Alex Shane

Now Steiner has nothing to do but wait for..

#12: Jun Kasai

Kasai looks scared to death, and reluctantly enters the ring, backing against the ropes

begging for mercy. All it gets him is a clothesline over the ropes.

Eliminated: Jun Kasai

Steiner waits yet again..

#13: Nicho el Millonario

Nicho makes his first appearance in IW, wisely waiting around at the entranceway, then slowly walking to the ring. He stalls long enough for the next entrant to come out..

#14: Lash LeRoux

The two men converse and both walk to the ring. Both appear to start entering at the same time but Nicho shoves LeRoux into the ring to get mauled by Steiner. Nicho steps inside and while Steiner is busy with LeRoux, he hits a dropkick to Steiner's knee, stopping him instantly.

#15: Frankie Kazarian

Nicho el Millonario continues working on Steiner while Kazarian walks over and throws

LeRoux over the top.

Eliminated: Lash LeRoux

Now Frankie goes over to Nicho and a two-on-one ensues. They know what to do, and are waiting for a third man to come into the match while they keep Steiner on the ground.

#16: Jimmy Rave

Rave rushes to the ring to keep up the attack on Steiner. It's looking like a mugging as all three men stomp and strike Steiner who's appearing almost lifeless now.

#17: Test

Test makes a slow walk to the ring, and when he steps over the top rope all three men turn to him as if to greet him. He almost takes off Kazarian's head with a boot to the face instead, punches down Rave and Nicho, then gets to work on taking Steiner out of the ring.

#18: Alan Funk

The debuting Alan Funk walks down slowly while Test tries getting Steiner off the ground. It's a failed attempt, as Steiner springs to his feet with Test on his shoulders and dumps him over the top. Kazarian hits a surprise superkick to the back of his head followed by a double dropkick from Rave and Nicho that sends Steiner out to the floor!

Eliminated: Test, Scott Steiner

Alan Funk quickly catchs Jimmy Rave off guard while celebrating and thows him over and into the two newly-eliminated men.

Eliminated: Jimmy Rave

Nicho fights Funk while Kazarian looks for an opening.

#19: Sean O'Haire

Sean O'Haire is also making his debut in this match, but as soon as he enters the ring, Kazarian meets him with a superkick that sends him flying back out!

Eliminated: Sean O'Haire

O'Haire is livid! He climbs back into the ring with a chair and blasts Kazarian with it before leaving!

#20: Ken Shamrock

Another Shamrock enters the match, quickly picking up Frankie Kazarian and dumping him over the top rope. Alan Funk runs at Shamrock but he too is send out, this time with a dangerous belly-to-belly suplex!

Eliminated: Frankie Kazarian, Alan Funk

Ken Shamrock and Nicho el Millonario are left.. Shamrock tries to wear him down but Nicho is too fast, eventually hitting a dropkick to the knee like he did to Scott Steiner. Shamrock makes a limping run at Nicho, but recieves a hurricanrana that propels Shamrock onto the top rope where he hangs on for dear life. Nicho sees him hanging and dropkicks him in the face through the top and middle ropes! Shamrock falls almost head-first onto the apron and then the floor, and with that the bell rings!

Eliminated: Ken Shamrock

Bruce Buffer: "The winner of this match..and the FIRST EVER Ill Wishes Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion..Nicho el Millonario!"

Winner: Nicho el Millonario

The IW World Heavyweight title has lost image.

Match: 58%

Match: 60%

--

The crowd is half booing, half clapping as Nicho el Millonario parades around the ring with his title. Joey Styles reminds the viewers of IW on DirecTV debuting this coming Tuesday and wishes everyone a farewell.

OVERALL SHOW RATING: 64%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, first show done! Everyone on the roster was used in the show, and I'll post the roster as a list at some point..I'm a little tired from typing all this lol I hope this wasn't too long, was easy to read, and you like the way I wrote it. TV Shows won't be nearly as long as pay-per-views. Tell me what you think!

Guest nebulousecho

Breaking News

Head of Talent Joel Gertner has just named Scott Steiner as the number one contender for the IW World Heavyweight Championship because of how well he did in the main event of the debut pay-per-view event.

He will go on to face Nicho el Millonario for the title at the next IW pay-per-view.

More details will be given on the debut episode of IW on DirecTV this Tuesday.

Edited by nebulousecho

I'm going to start with the first problem I have with this diary and that is the first show your promotion ever runs is a pay-per-view. It's absurd but I'll accept it as possible. The impossible thing is that you don't give any preview of the show and expect us to accept that people would randomly order a wrestling show on PPV.

Secondly you wouldn't be able to get a TV deal without showing the stations something to look at and judge what your federation does.

Then we'll go to your booking. You start your show off with a match for the Tag Team Titles and not just a match but a four way ladder match. Not exactly an opening match. The worst part of the match is that you randomly create four teams to work the match. Couldn't you have hired actual tag teams? There are a bunch of good ones on the indy scene.

Why would you book Sullivan over Steiner? Steiner is the biggest name in your federation and you job him out to a has-been.

The shoot fight was absolute crap as well. It's just poorly written.

The description of the Kazarian/Punk/Romeo/Shane match is stupid. You say it is all one high spot but Kazarian, Punk and Romeo don't really use a lot of high spots. They will pull them off but that's not their style. I don't really know about Shane but I don't think he's a highspot worker either.

The battle royal was okay but it's not a good main event and the winner of your belt is a poor idea. From a marketing standpoint he has no name value. Yes, Nicho is Psychosis but without the Psychosis name he doesn't have name value.

You talk about using the promotion to give New England Indy talent a chance to shine and then you book a total of zero New England guys on the roster if I am correct. If it isn't zero it is right down there.

Guest nebulousecho

I'm going to start with the first problem I have with this diary and that is the first show your promotion ever runs is a pay-per-view. It's absurd but I'll accept it as possible. The impossible thing is that you don't give any preview of the show and expect us to accept that people would randomly order a wrestling show on PPV.

Secondly you wouldn't be able to get a TV deal without showing the stations something to look at and judge what your federation does.

Then we'll go to your booking. You start your show off with a match for the Tag Team Titles and not just a match but a four way ladder match. Not exactly an opening match. The worst part of the match is that you randomly create four teams to work the match. Couldn't you have hired actual tag teams? There are a bunch of good ones on the indy scene.

Why would you book Sullivan over Steiner? Steiner is the biggest name in your federation and you job him out to a has-been.

The shoot fight was absolute crap as well. It's just poorly written.

The description of the Kazarian/Punk/Romeo/Shane match is stupid. You say it is all one high spot but Kazarian, Punk and Romeo don't really use a lot of high spots. They will pull them off but that's not their style. I don't really know about Shane but I don't think he's a highspot worker either.

The battle royal was okay but it's not a good main event and the winner of your belt is a poor idea. From a marketing standpoint he has no name value. Yes, Nicho is Psychosis but without the Psychosis name he doesn't have name value.

You talk about using the promotion to give New England Indy talent a chance to shine and then you book a total of zero New England guys on the roster if I am correct. If it isn't zero it is right down there.

Edited by nebulousecho

Why can't events start with big matches? I remember WCW Nitro kicking off with Hulk Hogan winning the World Title..

Events can start with big matches. When you have Sullivan/Steiner higher on the card than the Tag Title match, there's something seriously wrong

It's kind of hard to write shootfights when they last 14 seconds and consist of two punches.

Then don't write them to have two punches and to last fourteen seconds.

EDIT: I forgot to say that I threw random guys together to try making new tag teams that over time would make names for themselves. I'm trying to make names, not buy them.

So then WHY do you have CM Punk, Scott Steiner, Frankie Kazarian, Michael Shane, Austin Aries and so on here?

Guest nebulousecho

IW on DirecTV

DirecTV Freeview

September 6, 2005

Portland, ME

Attendance: 432

TV Ratings: 1.90

A video recap from last Sunday's debut pay-per-view event airs, followed by the camera panning around IW Arena in Portland, Maine. Pyro kicks off the hour-long broadcast and cheesy 80's hair band rock plays as the show's announcers, Kevin Kelly and Kris Kloss come down to the broadcast booth. Ring announcer Bruce Buffer follows.

Bruce opens his mouth to speak but sirens go off in the arena and the crowd jumps to it's feet. Big Poppa Pump makes his appearance on the entrance ramp, flexes his muscles, and walks to the ring where he takes the mic.

Steiner: "Now everyone knows Big Poppa Pump is the most dangerous man in this business. It took a small gang to get me out of the battle royal on Sunday. I was the dominant man! And if it wasn't for Nicho el Millonario tricking everyone into helping him win, I would be World Heavyweight Champion right now!"

Steiner pauses to let the fans cheer..

Steiner: "But that doesn't matter! All I have to do is wait, because I have been given the first title shot at the next pay-per-view, Night of Glory. And I will be walking out of that match with your belt, Nicho! Big Poppa Pump is going to beat you down and make you my bitch.."

Cheers follow despite the clichè threat..

Steiner: "Why not come out here right now so I can get it over with?"

Steiner throws down the mic and stomps around the ring to the fans' cheers, but pretty soon they fade into boos as they realize Nicho el Millonario isn't going to show. Steiner leaves the ring and goes back to the locker room. On the way, the camera picks up him saying "I'll find you if you don't want to find me."

Nicho El Millonario gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Overall: 72%

--

[FREEVIEW CONCERT SERIES COMMERCIAL AIRS]

--

Kevin Kelly explains that there were recently many cuts made from World Wrestling Entertainment and these next two men were picked up from there by IW Wrestling.

Bruce Buffer: "This opening match is set for one pinfall or submission.."

The Muslim call to prayer plays over the loudspeaker and Muhammed Hassan walks out to a plethora of cheers because of how the WWE treated him. Rap music plays next and former WWE U.S. Champion Orlando Jordan walks to the ring to boos.

Muhammed Hassan vs. Orlando Jordan

HIGH SPOTS:

- Jordan and Hassan play to the crowd in turn, Jordan getting angrier each time they boo him. Someone from ringside yells out "this isn't the WWE, WRESTLE!"

- Match starts with punches from Jordan, followed by an exchange of armdrags and finally an armbar from Hassan. Jordan rolls through the armbar, nips up and reverses into an Irish whip and a devistating dropkick to the jaw.

- They use ground wrestling "filler" for much of the match.

- Jordan goes for a backdrop but gets it turned into him taking a piledriver.

FINISH:

Jordan lays out Hassan and goes to the top, but takes a punch to the gut when he gets up there. Hassan hooks Jordan into a superplex but it's countered and Hassan is thrown off the turnbuckles. Orlando waits and dives off with a dropkick when Hassan stands up, but he is swatted away at the last second and hits hard. Hassan goes for a suplex, but Jordan counters with one of his own which lands near the ropes. He floats over, grabs a leg with one hand and holds on to the middle rope with the other as the ref counts to three. Jordan gets out of there while Hassan looks at him looking pissed.

Winner: Orlando Jordan

Overall: 50%

Crowd: 33%

Match: 67%

--

[iW NIGHT OF GLORY COMMERCIAL AIRS]

--

Bruce Buffer: "This tag team match is set for one pinfall or submission.."

Jun Kasai and Masada walk out first, then cowboy-style music plays as The Urban Outlawz, Mike and Marshall Knox, come down to the ring to make their debut. Neither team got much of a crowd reaction.

Kasai and Masada vs. The Urban Outlawz

HIGH SPOTS:

- Nothing fancy, just good-ol' tag team wrestling.

- Lots of tags in the first 4 minutes.

- Kasai and Mike Knox are down after a double clothesline, but make the hot tag to their parners.

FINISH:

Mayhem as all four men are battling it out! Mike Knox clotheslines Kasai out of the ring. Marshall whips Masada into the rope and ducks down. Masada goes for a sunset flip counter but totally blows the move, landing on his head. Knox scrapes him off the mat and hits the Showdown for the win while Mike takes care of Kasai.

Suddenly the Tag Team Champions, High Impact, hit the ring with chairs and lay out The Urban Outlawz before they knew they were even there. Kasai wanders into the ring only to be slammed between two chairs with a Conchairto! They leave the ring sparing Masada as he's already down and out.

Austin Aries grabs the ringside microphone and tells the crowd that's why they're the champions.

Winners: The Urban Outlawz

Overall: 42%

Crowd: 22%

Match: 65%

Rating: 1/4*

--

Boos ring out as Ken Shamrock is shown backstage, finishing up a workout. He grabs a towel, walks out the door and turns a corner.. running right into Mike Tyson. The crowd erupts as the two just stand there staring each other down until Shamrock backs away and goes a different route for safety's sake.

Overall: 82%

--

[DIRECTV FREEVIEW COMMERCIAL AIRS]

--

Kevin Sullivan is already in the ring with a microphone. He says that being an old man, he should have a hobby, so he is going to start collecting things. The crowd kind of blows it off as Sean O'Haire makes his way to the ring.

Kevin Sullivan vs. Sean O'Haire

Taskmaster's Rules

Instead of wrestling, Sullivan goes outside still with microphone in hand and searches under the ring until he finds a Singapore cane. O'Haire looks highly cautious now but Sullivan begins to talk to him..

Sullivan: "I want you to take this cane and knock me out with it."

O'Haire looks like Sullivan is insane. Sullivan holds the cane out to him and tells him to take it.

Sullivan: "HIT ME WITH IT! I told you to knock me out NOW DO IT!"

And with that O'Haire nails a thunderous shot to the head which staggers The Taskmaster.

Sullivan: "AGAIN!"

O'Haire looks dumbfounded but hits a second shot that drops him to one knee. He then starts unloading weaker, rapid-fire shots to the head until the can actually breaks in half with a final hard hit. Sullivan falls on his face in a bloody mess. O'Haire pulls him onto his back and makes the cover for the three count.

Winner: Sean O'Haire

Overall: 59%

Crowd: 51%

Match: 67%

Rating: 3/4*

As O'Haire goes backstage, Kevin Sullivan is seen in the ring propping himself up, blood running down his face and laughing maniacally as he watches O'Haire leave.

--

[iW NIGHT OF GLORY COMMERCIAL AIRS]

--

Bruce Buffer: "This final match is won by pinfall or submission and is for the IW Wrestling True Talent Championship!"

The crowd pops to the mention of a title match. Lenny Lane, who many in the crowd remembered as being knocked silly by Mike Tyson, comes out first. Then the IW True Talent Champion, CM Punk, comes out to a huge ovation. He has the belt around his waist so he can do his crossing-of-arms pose.

The referee holds the belt up as the match begins.

CM Punk© vs. Lenny Lane

IW True Talent Championship Match

HIGH SPOTS:

- Both men start off with a viscious chop battle that seems to never end.

- After a good 90 seconds of chopping, Punk whips Lane into the ropes, misses a dropkick and takes a clothesline in response.

- Lane is inside, Punk is on the apron when Lane hooks him up into a suplex. Punk counters, almost gets Lane out the hard way but he counters too. Lane lifts CM Punk up into a suplex then drops his neck across the top rope, causing Punk to crash and burn to the outside.

FINISH:

Lenny Lane whips Punk into the ropes but it's reversed. CM Punk rebounds with a leg lariat that brings Lane down hard. Whip into the corner and Lane falls victim to the Pepsi Plunge! The three count is just a formality.

As soon as the bell rings, Frankie Kazarian slides in and blindsides Punk, pounding him down to his satisfaction. The crowd boos him like mad as he leaves his damage in the ring.

Winner: CM Punk

Overall: 67%

Crowd: 60%

Rating: 3/4*

--

Before signing off the air, Kris Kloss says that Head of Talent Joel Gertner has signed a rematch between Orlando Jordan and Muhammed Hassan for Night of Glory, and wishes the viewers a good night.

OVERALL RATING: 63%

Guest nebulousecho

IW on DirecTV

DirecTV Freeview

September 13, 2005

Portland, ME

Attendance: 475

TV Ratings: 1.65

The show kicks off with pyro as we head to the announcer's table..

Kevin: "Welcome to Ill Wishes Wrestling on DirecTV Freeview. I'm Kevin Kelly along with my broadcast partner Kris Kloss."

Kloss: "We have a great show tonight, but we also have big news and for that we are going to go to the ring for our Head of Talent to tell us."

With that Joel Gertner walks down to the ring to a great ovation. Bruce Buffer hands him the microphone and leaves the ring.

Gertner: "There's a difference between Joel Gertner and Joel Gertner, Head of Talent. I'm the Head of Talent Gertner and that means I have duties and responsibilities, and most importantly, decisions to make. I saw what happened last week at the end of the show. I'm sure CM Punk would love to get his hands on Frankie Kazarian for what he did. But since CM Punk is a champion in this company, I see it's only fitting that the True Talent title be defended at Night of Glory against Frankie Kazarian."

The crowd mostly cheers the announcment, but some fans moan at the match being on PPV.

Gertner: "I also saw what High Impact did. That is not how champions conduct themselves! So Trent Acid, Austin Aries, you two will be defending YOUR titles at Night of Glory against Mike and Marshall Knox, the Urban Outlawz!"

The crowd gives the same reaction, only lesser in intensity. Kevin Kelly gives a typical "Wow!" response to the matches and hypes them for a moment.

Gertner: "There is going to be an important announcement at Night of Glory.. And my last piece of business, I have been told that Night of Glory will not be held here in Portland, ME.. it will be held in Manchester, NH!"

Some boos, but not too many as the city is only around 50 miles away.

Gertner: "Now please..enjoy the show."

Joel Gertner hands the microphone back to Bruce Buffer and leaves the ring to cheers.

Joel Gertner gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Overall: 77%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Air Paris vs. Caol Uno vs. Kid Romeo

Lots of action with two men going at it and when one goes down the odd man out gets in on it. Kid Romeo hits a deadly tornado DDT from the corner on Caol Uno. Later, Kid Romeo gets laid out and Air Paris performs a perfect shooting star press! The finish comes when Air Paris levels Kid Romeo with a superkick, then turns to take the Maximal Uno (running flying kick) from Caol Uno for three in his debut match!

Winner: Caol Uno

Overall: 54%

Crowd: 46%

Match: 76%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Ken Shamrock is backstage in his locker room when there's a knock on his door. He yells out to ask who it is but nobody answers, they just knock again. Irritated, Shamrock gets up and opens the door, but the look on his face goes somewhat pale when he sees it's Mike Tyson.

Tyson: "Look, I know you're scared shitless of me man.."

Shamrock looks very unhappy at this remark and tightens his fists..

Tyson: "..but I ain't here to pound you. I wanna ask you something. I wanna match with you at Night of Glory cuz we both legends in different things, and I wanna see who tha better man is."

Shamrock: "............................fine."

He goes to shut the door but Tyson stops it from closing.

Tyson: "Oh, and you watch your back now kid."

Tyson walks away, Shamrock closes then locks the door and then starts pounding away at a locker in anger.

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Alan Funk vs. Sean O'Haire

Back and forth, traditional wrestling. O'Haire executes a piledriver that crumples up Funk. After a very high backdrop, Funk stumbles to his feet right into the Prophecy to get pinned. O'Haire comes to his feet only to be blindsided with a Singapore Cane thanks to Kevin Sullivan. He beats the pulp out of O'Haire before leaving, throwing the cane onto O'Haire's chest.

Winner: Sean O'Haire

Overall: 56%

Crowd: 50%

Match: 76%

Rating: *3/4

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Paul Birchall vs. Trent Acid (w/Austin Aries)

Trent Acid has control, but slowly it turns to Birchall. Eventually Birchall is on fire, Acid unable to get anything in. Out of desperation, Acid "accidentally" takes out the referee. Aries runs in with one of the Tag Team title belts and clocks Birchall with it from behind. For good measure, he climbs the top rope and hits the 450 Splash before leaving as Acid makes the cover and gets the cheap win.

The duo back up the ramp, unaware that the Urban Outlawz were waiting for them. They take action, getting into a wild brawl when Acid and Aries walk right into them. After a minute or so, High Impact scrambles away for their lives while the Urban Outlawz get cheered.

Winner: Trent Acid

Overall: 52%

Crowd: 34%

Match: 82%

Rating: *3/4

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Scott Steiner vs. Ron Waterman

Waterman is a big man, but he's no match for Steiner. He is completely dominated without getting any offense in. Steiner locks in the Steiner Recliner but while holding the move, Nicho el Millonario runs in a dropkicks him in the side of the head. He quickly runs to the ring apron, springboards and hits the Guillotine Legdrop. After a load of stomps, he proceeds to hit two more Guillotine Legdrops from the top rope. Nicho leaves the ring, Steiner looks dazed but not out of it.

Winner: None, no contest

Overall: 58%

--

OVERALL RATING: 61%

A new writing style.. do you like it, or the old way, or prefer just results with interviews/angles written out?

Your comment about not wanting to buy talent when it comes to tag teams makes no sense when you hire one half of one of the biggest indy tag teams in Trent Acid. You then partner him up with Austin Aries who is one of the hottest wrestlers on the indy scene. If you want to develop new tag teams you should give them normal matches first. You don't have to crown every champion right away.

TNA was special because first of all they had the NWA name which has a lot of history in the wrestling world. Secondly they had a bunch of big names on the shows to sell the PPV. Your promotion doesn't and wouldn't succeed.

You have way too much sports entertainment things going on in your matches. On your last show two of the three matches ended with interference and one of them was the main event. Then Sullivan lays out O'Haire after his match. In the show before that you have the tag champs and Kazarian running into matches after the end to attack people they don't like. Plus you have Sullivan vs. O'Haire which just stunk.

There is no reason that either Kazarian or Aries/Acid would run in and attack the people they did. I can understand Kazarian wants the belt but that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The tag champs attacking somebody makes no sense in any way at all. Maybe if the Outlaws had run them down or something then I could see it happening but not just running down for no reason. Another thing on the Punk/Kazarian match is that it feels odd with Punk being a face and Kazarian being a heel. It's really counter to what both men do. I know they can do it but it seems really odd for them to be doing it with no explanation.

The new style would be better if you wrote the endings the way you used to but right now I'd stick with the old style.

The Shamrock/Tyson promo was dumb. Why would Shamrock be mad? Because Tyson talked to him? It just doesn't feel right.

Guest nebulousecho

IW on DirecTV

DirecTV Freeview

September 20, 2005

Portland, ME

Attendance: 519

TV Ratings: 1.88

The show comes on the air to Austin Aries and Trent Acid waiting in the ring with microphones in hand.

Acid: "A lot of people are wondering why we attacked after a match two weeks ago when we are the Tag Team Champions. The answer is really simple, we are two of the best singles wrestlers in the world today. Individually we dominate, together we are unstoppable."

Aries: "We don't need to prove anything. We did it to strike fear into anyone who may ever think of challenging us."

Acid: "It's not us who challenged the Urban Outlawz to a match, and it's not them who did either because they don't want any part of us. It's Joel Gertner who did it, and because of him, the Urban Outlawz will have to suffer for it."

Aries: "They can't do anything about it. The match is set, and we will dominate them. We will always have the upper hand."

Ausin Aries gained 3 points overness from this segment.

--

{COMMERCIAL}

--

Bruce Buffer: "This opening match is for one pinfall or submission!"

Jun Kasai walked down to the ring acting like he was somebody important that the fans should respect, which got some heel heat.

Jun Kasai vs. Jimmy Rave

Match starts with Kasai getting dropkicked out of the ring and then Rave faking a dive outside, doing a Asai moonsault onto Kasai when he came out of hiding. Great mix of ground and X-Division-style wrestling throughout the match. Kasai whips Rave into the corner and runs at him, but Rave launches himself up and over Kasai, coming down into a sunset flip. Kasai rolls through, somehow powers Rave up into a powerbomb and drives his back and neck into the turnbuckle. Kasai climbs up behind him, hooks in a Diamond Dust and hits it! A cover only gets a two count! Kasai scoops him up but Rave gets out, goes for a German Suplex but gets blocked. Victory roll from Kasai as a counter for a two. Kasai gets up before Rave and meets him with a dropkick to the jaw, sending him down. Kasai runs to and climbs an opposite corner and hits a huge swandive headbutt from across the ring! After a moment of being dazed, he covers for the clean 3-count! After the match, Jun Kasai has a small amount of blood on his forehead resulting from the headbutt.

Winner: Jun Kasai

Overall: 52%

Crowd: 25%

Match: 80%

--

{COMMERCIAL}

--

Kevin Sullivan is sitting in a dark corner somewhere backstage. He's talking to himself in a demented tone about having to "build his collection." Sean O'Haire levels him without seeing it coming and beats him down in his little corner. O'Haire tells him that was a bit of revenge for what happened last week, and that Joel Gertner signed them to a match at Night of Glory.

Overall: 66%

--

Bruce Buffer: "This next matchup is a non-title match, set for one pinfall or submission!"

Frank Shamrock walks out to a good ovation. Nicho el Millonario comes out next. While waiting for the bell, the fans are shown on the big screen what he to Scott Steiner last week. Nicho el Millonario is laughing at his deeds when we come back to live action.

Nicho el Millonario© vs. Frank Shamrock

Non-Title Match

Shamrock tries grounding Nicho to the mat, but his speed is too much. The champion slams Shamrock down and locks in a surprising variety of ground moves. This is Shamrock's territory though and finds an escape to a headscissor leglock, grapevining Nicho's leg. As he struggles to the ropes for a break, the crowd pops big for Scott Steiner walking down to the ring with a steel chair. Instead of running in and using it as a weapon, he sets it up at ringside, sits and watches the match. Nicho regains control, hits a dropkick to Shamrock's head and turns to Steiner asking "remember that?" Whip into the ropes by Nicho reversed, Shamrock drops down and Nicho leaps over him then over the top rope onto Steiner instead of rebounding. Steiner gets right back up and grabs Nicho, but just throws him back into the ring. Shamrock picks him up, hooks up a suplex, but get rolled into a small package counter for the pin!

Steiner walks away, both men exchanging words from a distance. Overall, Frank Shamrock and Nicho el Millonario put on an excellent match.

Winner: Nicho el Millonario

Overall: 75%

Crowd: 63%

Match: 87%

Rating: ***

--

{COMMERCIAL}

--

{COMMERCIAL}

--

Bruce Buffer: "This is to be a mixed martial arts match, won by submission or knockout!"

Ken Shamrock vs. Bas Rutten

Shootfight Match

Two international MMA stars locking up. The referee runs down the modified rules with them and the second ever shootfight match in IW Wrestling begins!

Rutten goes for the legs, but almost takes what would have been a hard punch to the head if it connected. Two hard kicks connect from Rutten, but a third results in a grabbed leg and a take down. Shamrock almost gets the Anklelock on, but get a hard foot to the jaw that sends him reeling to the mat.

Referee count: 8

Both men back up, locking up and Rutten gets a double-leg takedown. Punching ensues, but Shamrock somehow manages to get Rutten on his back, landing a hard punch to the temple. Shamrock gets up and waits.

Referee count: 9

Shamrock is frustrated by such a close shot at a win. He tackles Rutten straight to the mat, hard, and gets a leglock on. Desperation attemts to get out by Rutten ends up putting him on his stomach, which Shamrock takes full advantage of and locks in the Anklelock! Rutten taps out almost immediately!

Meanwhile, Mike Tyson is making his way down the isle and into the ring! Shamrock turns around and takes an uppercut to the jaw, knocking him out cold! Tyson walks away, hearing him say "I told you to watch your back!"

Winner: Ken Shamrock

Overall: 71%

Crowd: 67%

Match: 75%

Rating: **

--

{COMMERCIAL}

--

When we return from commercial, Mike Tyson is still in the ring, watching as Ken Shamrock gets to his feet. Shamrock, finally up, spots Tyson and lunges at him but is held back by security. Tyson is just laughing at this until Shamrock manages to hock a loogie into Tyson's face, which causes Tyson to erupt and more security rush down to hold both men apart. Eventually Shamrock is taken to the back while Tyson stays in the ring.

--

The commentary team, Kevin Kelly and Kris Kloss, comment about what just went down while the mess gets sorted out, then run down the Night of Glory Card. Finally they go back to the ring, showing Mike Tyson getting escorted away while Kelly and Kloss wish the fans a good night.

OVERALL RATING: 68%

The writing for the matches seemed better this time around. However you don't seem to have a grasp on how most of the wrestlers in your promotion actually wrestle. Jimmy Rave didn't wrestle much like himself at all.

The Shamrock/Rutten shoot fight was the worst thing I've ever read. Have you ever seen a shoot fight? It's nothing at all like boxing which you seem to have some idea that it is. When an opponent is knocked down you stay on them and beat the shit out of them. Plus Shamrock doesn't use the ankle lock in actual shoot fights. He may use an anklebar or legbar. An ankle lock is a horrible move to use in a shoot fight.

The Aries/Acid promo was lame. They didn't say enough about anything in the promo and the same thing goes for the Sullivan promo with O'Haire attacking him. It's really generic and lame.

Still your writing does seem to be getting better, so that's a good thing.

Guest nebulousecho

Shootfights aren't turning out the way I'd like them to either, so I wont be doing them any more

And running a big company completely on less-than-big-name talent isn't going to work out very well, that's why I have some popular names on the roster.

And speaking of the roster, I'll update the roster pulldown after every PPV.

Guest nebulousecho

user posted image

September 27, 2005 - Portland, ME - Attendance: 510

The show is starting immediately with in-ring action as Frankie Kazarian, Orlando Jordan, and Ron Waterman are waiting in the ring. The music of True Talent Champion CM Punk hits as he, Muhammad Hassan, and Test come down to the ring.

CM Punk, Muhammad Hassan, and Test vs. Frankie Kazarian, Orlando Jordan, and Ron Waterman

Two of the four men in this match are in matches with each other at Night of Glory. Good teamwork and fast tags on the heels' side keeps Hassan isolated for a good portion of the match. Eventually Jordan goes for a clothesline but Hassan ducks under and hits one of hit own. Hot tag happens as Jordan tags to Waterman and Hassan to Test. Test is on fire! Boots to the face around the house to all three opponents, but then gets taken down by Kazarian. After working on Test's leg, Waterman tags out to Jordan. Ducking after an Irish whip makes Jordan prone to Test locking in and executing a powerbomb counter! CM Punk finally gets the tag, cleans out Waterman and Kazarian before hitting the Pepsi Pluge on Jordan for the win!

A member of the medical staff attends to Orlando Jordan afterwards, placing a makeshift splint on his nose because of an apparent injury sustained during the match.

Winners: CM Punk, Muhammad Hassan, and Test

Overall: 60%

Crowd: 46%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Kid Romeo vs. Lenny Lane

The in-ring work was decent. Back and forth, Romeo using speed and Lane using more powerful moves. Tilt-a-whirl backbreaker attempt from Lane ends up with Romeo landing on his feet and dropkicking him in the face. Kid Romeo climbs to the top, looking to do a moonsault, but Lane cuts him off and joins him. After a few moments of highwire-esqe balancing, Lane lifts and takes Romeo all the way down to the mat in a top-rope powerbomb! Huge pop from the crowd, but it turns to boos as Lane hooks in a lobster pin and grabs onto the middle rope for a cheap win.

Winner: Lenny Lane

Overall: 61%

Match: 71%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

The familiar sound of sirens filling the air announces Scott Steiner's arrival as he comes out to have a word. His usual posing revs up the crowd before he begins talking.

Steiner: "Big Poppa Pump calling out to all his freaks, holla if ya hear me!"

And a huge crowd response ensues..

Steiner: "Nicho el Millonario is the worst champion I've ever seen. The fact is that punk wouldn't be World Champion if it wasn't for the kind of match he won it in. Nobody can beat Big Poppa Pump one-on-one and he knows it, that's why he won't face me like a man. He's not even here tonight. There is no way a respectable champion acts that way. Nicho, you are a pathetic excuse of a champion. You do nothing for Ill Wishes Wrestling but give them a bad name. Big Poppa Pump is going to put an end to that at Night of Glory!"

The crowd cheered every comment Steiner made about himself, and booed every time Nicho's name was mentioned..

Steiner: "Freakzilla, Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner is coming to Night of Glory like a steam train Nicho, and you can't stop it. You can backstab and cheat your way to the show all you want. You can cheapshot me every chance you get. It won't matter! Because when that night is over, no matter what you do, Big Poppa Pump is walking out of that arena in Manchester, NH the new World Champion! Now holla if ya hear me!"

Overall: 84%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Kevin Kelly gives us an update on Orlando Jordan, telling us he broke his nose during his match earlier in the night. Video footage of a DDT that he took from Ron Waterman during the match shows his face getting smashed into the mat, followed by footage of the blood running from his nose while getting bandaged up. Kelly then says that the medical staff believe he will be fine to compete in his pay-per-view match at Night of Glory but must remain out of action until then.

Birchall and Paris vs. Fives and Rave vs. The Urban Outlawz

Tornado rules as everyone battles at once! The Urban Outlawz out-brawl everyone else, sending them to ringside. The match is mostly a brawl, but Air Paris hits some speed manuvers and Jimmy Rave is able to lock in a couple submission holds. Air Paris hits a shooting star press to the outside on The Urban Outlawz and Jimmy Rave! Meanwhile, Birchall executes the C4 on Billy Fives to get the pinfall!

Afterwards, the Urban Outlawz look irritated at the loss, having not been involved in the decision.

Winners: Birchall and Paris

Overall: 56%

Crowd: 34%

Match: 78%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

The World Tag Team Champions, Austin Aries and Trent Acid, are backstage..

Acid: "Guys... that was so sad. Come on Mike and Marshall, you can't get up from some fancy backflip? If you want any chance of beating us for our belts, you better be doing a lot better than that when you face us at Night of Glory."

Aries: "But you won't! We aren't going to let you do better than that, not that we need to try because you already suck, but just keep in mind that we will be stepping our game up a notch when we are in that ring on pay-per-view defending our belts."

Acid: "And please, oh please don't get too upset when we pin your asses in the middle of the ring one, two, three. It's not our fault you can't hang with us, and it's not yours either. You just aren't on our level, that's all. Nothing personal, you know. Few men are kings, and most of the others are the peasants. Sadly fate deemed you peasants and you will fall to us, the kings."

Aries: *laughs* "OK, enough philsophy Trent.."

Trent Acid makes a goofy "my bad" look on his face in response.

Aries: "Just remember what I said last week, Outlawz. Acid and I will ALWAYS have the upper hand. You have no chance at beating us at Night of Glory. When we walk out of that ring on October the 16th, we will be a part of the best wrestlers in the world today. We guarantee it."

Overall: 55%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Ken Shamrock comes to the ring first but grabs a microphone when he gets there.

Shamrock: "You saw what happened last week! You saw it! Tyson snuck up behind me and took a cheap shot right to my jaw."

The crowd loves hearing that and cheers, following with a "Tyson" chant..

Shamrock: "Shut up because Mike Tyson isn't here! He was carried away in handcuffs for what he did to me last week. He was arrested yet again in his sad life, and right now thanks to my stroke as a world-famous athlete, I have gotten Mike Tyson put under house arrest for my personal safety."

The fans are nearly booing Shamrock out of the building by this point..

Shamrock: "Boo me all you want, I am a star and I need protection. That's why you won't see Tyson until our match next month. If none of you like it, the jus..."

Sirens cut Shamrock off as his opponent, Scott Steiner, comes out for the match.

Ken Shamrock vs. Scott Steiner

Ken Shamrock tries to take down Steiner but gets batted to the mat for his troubles. Shamrock then tries for a belly-to-belly suplex but Steiner responds with his own. Steiner then continues physical donimation for a couple minutes until Shamrock sneaks in a low blow. Quickly, emphasis is placed on keeping Steiner on the mat and working on his knee and ankle. Eventually Steiner gets back to his feet and mounts a comeback.

The fans boo as the supposedly absent Nicho el Millonario sneaks down to the ring. Steiner whips Shamrock into the ropes but it's reversed and as he rebounds, Nicho trips up Steiner. Steiner turns to see who it is but Shamrock hits a chop block from behind, then begins working his ankle. Amazingly Steiner fights back and tries lifting Shamrock into a guerrilla press, but his leg gives out. Shamrock quickly locks in the Ankle Lock and after some time Steiner is forced to tap out!

As soon as the bell rings, Nicho hops onto the ring apron and hits the Guillotine Legdrop on a prone Steiner who's still in the Ankle Lock. Both men stomp away at Steiner before leaving together, looking satisfied at what they did.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

Overall: 74%

Crowd: 75%

Rating: **

--

OVERALL RATING: 66%

TELEVISION RATING: 1.82

Guest nebulousecho

user posted image

October 3, 2005 - Portland, ME - Attendance: 515

A video package airs, recapping the short history of IW Wrestling. The video fades out and into the arena to a cheering crowd, Joey Styles and a man we haven't seen yet standing in the ring.

Styles: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to what will become one of the most historic nights in Ill Wishes Wrestling history! Welcome to the inaugural edition of Code Red, here, LIVE, on MTV! I am Joey Styles, and this is my broadcast partner Steve Prazak, we are voices of Code Red. This is our new flagship program, airing for two hours every Monday night at 8pm right here on MTV."

Prazak: "And now let's get this show going by introducing the Head of Talent in IW Wrestling, Joel Gertner!"

Gertner's music hits and he walks out with a microphone to love from the crowd. Styles and Prazak jokingly bow down before him before leaving the ring to go to their booth.

Gertner: "Well, well, well.. Isn't it incredible that we have begun the MONDAY NIGHT WARS ONCE AGAIN!"

Possibly the biggest pop ever in the company's history is the response to this statement..

Gertner: "And nothing pleases me more than to know that we are a force to be recognized in the professional wrestling industry. It's my hopes that what I do next will not cause any problems, I'm hoping this can happen in celebration rather than competition. I would like to call down to the ring the IW World Tag Team Champions, High Impact."

High Impact's music plays, with Austin Aries and Trent Acid walking to the ring with their belts.

Gertner: "And next, I would like the True Talent Champion CM Punk to come down."

The crowd pops as CM Punk begins walking to the ring. Some people in the crowd begin a newly devised "Pepsi" chant. Punk stands on the other side of the ring, near Gertner, away from Aries and Acid.

Gertner: "And finally, the World Heavyweight Champion, Nicho el Millonario.."

Nicho comes down, checking behind his back a couple of times in fear of a looming attack from Scott Steiner. He stands away from all of the men in the ring, on his own.

Gertner: "Forget any personal vendettas anybody may have. This is the biggest night in this company since the debut show. Let's take a few minutes to celebrate our success. You guys, all four of you, are the men who lead this company. You are the ones that represent what this company means. And for that..I thank you. You are all excellent examples of what a champion should be.."

The crowd is booing because of the blatant truth of how bad of a champion Nicho el Millonario is in their eyes, but Gertner recognizes this.

Gertner: "I would now like to ask the entire locker room to please come out to ringside!"

The fans cheer on the sight of every singe wrestler on the roster coming out and surrounding the ring. Friends and enemies are all standing side-by-side in a show of solidarity in respect for the company they work for.

Gertner: "Thank you all for your dedication thus far to Ill Wishes Wrestling. Let's continue it, and one day we will be the top company in the world! Now, let's put on a great show tonight, and I can think of no better way than to have a title match..a World Title match!"

The crowd erupts as Nicho el Millonario squirms uneasily at the news.

Gertner: "And you, my friend, will be defending your title against BIG POPPA PUMP!"

The fans go nuts, and the camera spots Scott Steiner smiling, then begins yelling insults at Nicho el Millonario. Joel Gertner's music hits and everybody clears out, except for Nicho who stays behind looking pissed.

Overall: 64%

--

[COMMERCIAL]

--

Both men are in the ring when we come back from commercial, the bell sounds and the match is under way..

Muhammad Hassan vs. Alan Funk

The opening match features two men who will have much more air-time now that IW Wrestling has a prime-time national TV spot. The match consisted of good mat wrestling, suplexes, and slams. The finish comes when Funk charges a dazed Hassan, but he ducks and Funk goes tumbling through the ropes. Hassan follows, and after a short struggle he hits a suplex on the outside, then throws Funk back in. He picks Funk up, executes the Finishing Touch, and gets the three count.

Winner: Muhammad Hassan

Alan Funk lost 1 point of overness from this match. Muhammad Hassan gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Overall: 49%

Crowd: 32%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Birchall and Paris vs. Kasai and Masada

Nice blend of two high-flyers and two power wrestlers. The teams tried keeping the match Birchall/Masada and Paris/Kasai to avoid unequal matchings. Air Paris hits a shooting star press on Kasai, but he gets his foot on the bottom rope. After this, he tags out to Masada, who gets hooked into a suplex but slips out, behind Paris. While Kasai keeps Birchall busy, he rolls Paris up and grabs the tights to get the pinfall! Birchall sees what happened though and waits for Masada to turn around. When he does, he catches him in the C4 and lays him out with it for revenge!

Winners: Kasai and Masada

Crowd: 28%

Match: 81%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Test is backstage with something to say..

Test: "First Kip James, then Matt Bentley, now me! Vince McMahon feels threatened by us, so he threatens to sue ME if I don't change my name from Test. Fine Vince, whatever you want. From now on I'll go by my birth name of Andrew Martin."

The crowd is fairly uninterested up to this point..

Martin: "You are the biggest asshole I've ever seen, McMahon. You have nothing better to do than attempt to sue every company that springs up so you can hold on to your monopoly. Vince, one of these days your run at the top will be numbered. This company is going to take the top spot and TRUST ME Vince, I will be one of the men leading the fight against you. You will get paid back for what you did to me. Trust me Vince, you are looking at wrestling's future, and your death.."

Overall: 55%

--

In another part of the backstage area, Nicho el Millonario is seen freaking out about his title match, rambling on frantically in Spanish.

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Caol Uno is in the ring, Frankie Kazarian comes out when the show comes back from commercial..

Caol Uno vs. Frankie Kazarian

Kazarian and Uno circle each other at the start, Frankie looking for a leg takedown a couple of times. They lock up, whip into the ropes from Kazarian but he gets plowed down on the rebound with a shoulder block. Uno runs into the ropes, jumps over Kazarian, goes for a dropkick but is swatted away, then is hit with one himself. Kazarian whips Uno into the corner, it's reversed and Uno charges in. Kazarian grabs the top rope, launches himself up and over Uno as he comes into the corner, and while coming down he grabs Uno's chin and drops him backwards into a sitdown ala Edge.

CM Punk walks out onto the entranceway to watch the match. Frankie goes for a superkick, but his leg is grabbed, pushed away, then whipped into the ropes. Uno runs the other way, and goes for the Maximal Uno but Kazarian ducks and puts on the brakes. Uno keeps running and tries a second time, but his leg gets caught and he's taken down with a dragon screw. Kazarian picks Uno up and hits the Wave of the Future for the win!

Afterwards, Kazarian spots CM Punk and starts yelling at him. Punk simply walks away, ignoring him.

Winner: Frankie Kazarian

Caol Uno lost 1 point of overness from this match. Frankie Kazarian gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Overall: 63%

Crowd: 52%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Joey Styles and Steve Prazak talk about how great IW Wrestling has been in it's short history, then run down the Night of Glory card for us before sending us back to the ring for the next match..

Andrew Martin vs. Kevin Sullivan

Taskmaster's Rules

Sullivan comes out with body paint on himself that looks like bleeding cuts, and he's wearing eyeliner. Steve Prazak reminds us this is under "Taskmaster's Rules," meaning basically falls-count-anywhere. Martin thinks about going easy on Sullivan, but he is attacked before he can make a move. Sullivan unloads with punches, but is quickly overcome when Martin gets a couple of his own in. Whip into the ropes followed by one of Martin's huge boots to the face! Sullivan rolls outside and Martin follows. Out of nowhere, Sean O'Haire is at ringside and swinging at Sullivan with a chair! But it doesn't connect, instead Sullivan ducks and the chair goes flying from O'Haire's hands. Martin pounds down on Sullivan in a corner of the guardrails while O'Haire hops them and goes for the chair again.

O'Haire comes up from behind, but thinking that he'll be attacked, Martin drops him with a huge boot. This again sends the chair flying, this time nearly at the feet of Sullivan who picks it up and levels Martin with a shot to the head when he turns around. He goes for the cover and gets another upset win, this time thanks to Sean O'Haire!

Sullivan then goes over to the dazed O'Haire, stands over him looking down and says "you've got potential" before walking away.

Winner: Kevin Sullivan

Kevin Sullivan gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Overall: 63%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

High Impact are backstage hanging out when the Urban Outlawz show up..

Marshall Knox: "Say what you want about us, boys, the truth is we don't really care. All we're gonna do is beat your asses."

And with that they attack Aries and Acid, clearly overpowering them in a fist fight before throwing both of them into a pile of wooden crates. Trent Acid's left eyebrow is bleeding, and Austin Aries has a big splinter of wood clearly stuck in his right arm, also bleeding.

Mike Knox gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Marshall Knox gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Overall: 47%

--

Now another camera is on Ken Shamrock, who's with Dave Meltzer..

Meltzer: "Ken Shamrock, we all know you have a match at Night of Glory against Mike Tyson, but was it a good move to do what you did? Don't you think it will only infuriate him even more now that you got him placed under house arrest until the pay-per-view? And do you feel your safety was really threatened so much that it was needed?"

Shamrock's short fuse already looks to be burning shorter and shorter after each question, but he composes himself before talking, but you can hear him compress his anger..

Shamrock: "You should treat someone like me with respect..don't question what I did. LOOK at what Mike Tyson did. He attacked me unprovoked! He picked a fight with me, and all I did was exercise my rights to life a safe and happy life. Tyson doesn't have the right to punch out anyone he chooses. He's a boxer, not a criminal.. Wait, he is a criminal. And criminals don't walk the street free, THAT'S why he's under house arrest. Not because of me, but because THAT'S HOW THE LAW WORKS."

Meltzer: "Well in all due respect, he's not in jail for a reason. And being attacked in the wrestling ring is a risk that the job brings."

Shamrock: "You said it yourself, being attacked in the wrestling ring. He's a boxer, always was a boxer, and he will always be a boxer. You will never see him do a body slam, a suplex, even a clothesline. He's a has-been boxer and he will always act like one. His last match? HE QUIT. And you think he has a chance against somebody like me, Meltzer? DO YOU?"

Meltzer: "It's not..um..really my place to.."

Shamrock: "Shut up. You know it like everyone else does. You know it especially like Mike Tyson does. There is no way in hell Mike Tyson will beat me at Night of Glory. I am too good for him and he knows it. And he knows there's nothing he can do about it."

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Sirens blare and we go to Bruce Buffer!

Bruce Buffer: "Ladies and gentlement, this is tonight's main event, set for one pinfall or submission and it is for the Ill Wishes Wrestling World Heavyweight Championship!

Nicho el Millonario© vs. Scott Steiner

IW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Nicho el Millonario immediately runs away from Steiner, but eventually he gets caught and is absolutely dominated. After nearly 4 minutes of pure punishment, somehow Nicho reverses an Irish whip by dropkicking Steiner knee on the rebound. He follows up with bouncing off the same ropes and hitting a dropkick to the face. Nicho then begins trying to wear down Steiner with ground moves. There's about 3 1/2 minutes divided among two seperate sleeperholds, until Steiner powers out of the second one with a back suplex. Both men are down until an 8-count, then Nicho runs into the ropes and brings Steiner down to one knee with another basement dropkick.

Millonario goes to the apron, springboards and hits the Guillotine Legdrop to the back of Steiner's head! Both men are down though. At the count of 4 he rolls Steiner over and goes for the cover, but Steiner powers out at 2! Stomps ensue, followed by smashing Steiner's hurt knee into the canvas twice. He climbs to the top and hits a second Guillotine Legdrop! Going for the cover..one, two, NO! At the last second Steiner gets a shoulder up!

Millonario looks frustrated now. He taunts Steiner to get up, kicking him stiff in the head while doing so. When he's up on one knee, Nicho climbs to the top rope and waits for Big Poppa Pump to get up. He's finally up, and Nicho leaps off to take down Steiner with a hurricanrana! It's countered into a strong powerbomb and both men are down! Nicho rolls onto his stomach in pain, and Steiner makes his way up and locks in the Steiner Recliner on Nicho! He's struggling to hold on, but there's no escape and Nicho el Millonario taps out! The fans go crazy as they realize the title changed hands!

Buffer: "The winner of the match, and the new Ill Wishes Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion, SCOTT STEINER!"

Steiner is climbing each of the six corners showing off his new belt while the sirens drown out the crowd, then walks around ringside to greet the fans before climbing up to the top of the ramp to pose with the title. Meanwhile, Nicho el Millonario is still collapsed inside the ring as the first show of Code Red fades to black..

Winner: Scott Steiner

Overall: 75%

Crowd: 76%

--

OVERALL RATING: 63%

TELEVISION RATING: 1.95

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to put the rating for the backstage Nicho segment.

Edited by nebulousecho