Ill Wishes Wrestling

Guest nebulousecho

Guest nebulousecho

user posted image

Code Red Future in Jeopardy

Despite just debuting, MTV is concerned with the show competing head-to-head with WWE's Raw. Raw pulled a good number of fans away from IW Code Red, with ratings of 6.10 and 1.95 respectively. This unfortunately is not what MTV is looking for and currently Ill Wishes Wrestling and MTV are in talks about what can be done. Possible solutions include moving the show to another night, or moving it to a different time slot so that direct competition with Raw isn't happening. More will be said as we learn the details.

Main Event in Question?

Joel Gertner is said to have an announcment regarding Night of Glory's main event this coming Monday on Code Red.

New Format for IW on DirecTV

With the new addition of Code Red, the way that IW on DirecTV will be presented is going to change. Episodes of the programme will be taped the night before during Code Red, and will be aired the next night on the usual IW on DirecTV timeslot. Matches featuring the up-and-coming talent of IW Wrestling as well as recaps of the happenings in the company will make up the show. Please join us this Tuesday, October 4 at 11pm on DirecTV FreeView, Channel 124 for the debut of this new format

Guest nebulousecho

If people are enjoying reading my journal then I'll continue it the best I can, otherwise I'm going to stop before I get too far into it.

School starts in about a week and I will be spending most of my time on that and my long-term relationship with my girlfriend.

So let me know..

Guest nebulousecho

I'll try getting the PPV and all shows up to it done this week, then after that updates will be posted as I can do them b/c I will be bringing my Mac laptop to school and leaving my big PC (with EWR) behind. Sorry in advance if I leave anybody hanging, waiting for the next show to happen. Have patience, the diary isn't going to be dead, just maybe a bit of time between new shows.

Guest nebulousecho

user posted image

October 4, 2005 - Portland, ME - Attendance: 519

A video package opens the show, recapping Scott Steiner winning the World Title at last night's Code Red and the events that led up to it. It includes unseen footage of Nicho el Millonario swearing revenge on Steiner.

Overall: 70%

--

We fade to the ring where Frankie Kazarian is standing with a microphone..

Frankie Kazarian: "I've never had the respect I deserve. I have toured the world, been a top star in TNA, and I got nothing. I went to WWE and they put me on a show nothing happens on and airs Saturday night at 11 when everybody is drunk at a frat party."

Frankie Kazarian: "I am the future. I didn't come to IW Wrestling and agree to a contract with them and only them to be put on a show to fill in the empty time. I came here to make a name for myself, and I took the opportunity instead of waiting for it."

Frankie Kazarian: "I'm sick of waiting for my time. I'm raping it from the people who hold onto it with their dear lives because it's my turn. I am going to be the biggest star in this company, and I'm going to start with being the greatest True Talent Champion in history."

Frankie Kazarian: "CM Punk is not going to survive our match. I will take his title and give it the honor it deserves. It will be my stepping stone to glory because I am the future.. and the future is looking damn good."

Frankie Kazarian gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

Overall: 57%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Ron Waterman vs. Muhammad Hassan

Ron Waterman gets the clean pin after ducking a lariat, hitting a massive one of his own then executing the Water Bomb.

Winner: Ron Waterman

Overall: 58%

Crowd: 39%

Match: 78%

Rating: *1/2

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK

--

Jun Kasai and Masada vs. Billy Fives and Jimmy Rave

Jimmy Rave tages in Billy Fives, who sprinboards in and lands a dropkick on Jun Kasai. He picks Kasai up and Rave comes over to join in. Fives goes to the ring apron, looking ready for something. Billy Fives springboards while Rave hooks Kasai into a wheelbarrow, lifts him up and drops him face-first into a reverse sitdown powerbomb, with Fives landing a legdrop on Kasai's head at the same time! Kris Kloss gets his 5 seconds of fame by announcing that the move is their new finisher, called the Fives and Dime. Billy Fives gets the pin.

Winners: Billy Fives and Jimmy Rave

Overall: 59%

Crowd: 34%

Match: 85%

Rating: **1/4

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Joel Gertner is backstage, and announces stipulations for the match between Mike Tyson and Ken Shamrock at Night of Glory.

If Ken Shamrock wins, Mike Tyson will never appear in IW Wrestling again.

If Mike Tyson wins, Ken Shamrock will have to face him in another match while handcuffed!

Overall: 69%

--

Mike Knox (w/Marshall Knox) vs. Trent Acid (w/Austin Aries)

A teaser match for the World Tag Team Title bout at Night for Glory. Trent Acid gets the pin after Aries trips up Knox, allowing Acid to hit the Yakuza Kick for the win. This resulted in Marshall chasing down Aries into the ring where he cleans house. High Impact backtrack from the ring while Marshall and a recovering Mike Knox yell insults at them.

Winner: Trent Acid

Crowd: 43%

Match: 72%

Rating: *

--

OVERALL RATING: 61%

TELEVISION RATING: 1.65

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't put nearly as much time into this show because it's now a B-show. If you want me to go back to the A-show format for this one just let me know.

• 1 month later...
Guest nebulousecho

Hi.

OK so I didn't get the PPV up and I'm sure most people think this is dead. But I am finally home for the weekend and I will be running as many shows as I can, and I will be bringing my PC back to school with me so I can keep this thing running..SO there will be a show up and posted sometime this weekend. I hope my readers haven't lost interest and I am truly sorry for being gone for so long.

The journal is returning.

Guest nebulousecho

Code Red Preview

IPB Image

The second edition of IW Code Red on MTV this Monday features Ken Shamrock facing Andrew Martin in the main event!

True Talent Champion CM Punk will be in action this week!

Also this Monday, Joel Gertner's major announcement about the Night of Glory main event!

Don't miss the last Code Red before the huge Night for Glory event!

Edited by nebulousecho

Guest nebulousecho

SORRY

Greatly sorry. I had to leave early last weekend and couldn't bring the computer with me..I wasn't able to write the show, but I did simulate it. And now I've downloaded EWR onto a pen drive and I will sim and write the show at school, and have it up as soon as possible.

I'm sorry for all the excuses, I promise to get the show up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nebulousecho

Here's Code Red, finally. I'm sorry for the wait but the shows will be coming in steadily from now on.

----

IPB Image

October 10, 2005 - Portland, ME - Attendance: 887

A video intro airs.. It shows the opening pyro of the first show, Joel Gertner's announcement of the main event, and Scott Steiner's victory for the World Championship. A graphic showing that the Night of Glory main event is in question and Joel Gertner has the answer is shown, the IW logo comes on, and finally the opening video..

Followed by pyrotechinics galore! Joey Styles and Steve Prazak join us from the annoucing position..

Styles: Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Code Red, live on MTV! I am your voice of Ill Wishes Wrestling, Joey Styles!

Prazak: And I am the ever so faithful companion, Steve Prazak. Tonight is a big night. The main event: Ken Shamrock going against Andrew Martin. In addition, our True Talent Champion CM Punk will be facing Kid Romeo tonight.

Styles: We also have the man challending CM Punk for that title at Night of Glory, Frankie Kazarian in action going against a phenominal athlete in Paul Birchall.

Prazak: There's a lot more action than just that too, plus we are going to hear from Scott Steiner tonight, and Joel Gertner will be making a major announcement about the main event at Night of Glory.

Styles: Absolutely, everybody has been up in arms about what the main event at Night of Glory will be after Scott Steiner won the World Title from Nicho el Millonario last week. Tonight we will find out, just days before the pay per view takes place. Now let's go to the ring for the first match here on Code Red!

--

Caol Uno vs. Alan Funk

Both men lock up and Uno comes out of it with an armdrag followed by two more. A dropkick sends Funk against the ropes, Uno charges, gets backdropped over the top by Funk and lands on the ring apron. Funk reaches behind him and drops Uno's throat across the rope, and he hits the concrete floor with a thud. Funk follows him out and bodyslams Uno on the floor. The referee gives him a warning for it but it's ignored as he goes for a second one. Uno slips out of it behind Funk, spins him around and lands a few punches before whipping him into the guardrail and climbing back into the ring to rest.

Funk eventually climbs through the ropes but is met halfway through. Uno snaps out a perfect suplex, floats over and gets a 2-count. A sleeper grounds Funk for nearly two-minutes, but Uno is finally pushed out of it and into the ropes. He rebounds but Funk nails him with a hard clothesline as soon as he springs off the ropes. Uno has now ended up with his arms tied into the ropes and Alan Funk has no regret in pounding away at his head. He stomps away at Caol Uno until the referee finally gets between them and unties Uno. Funk charges in but Uno pulls down the top rope and Alan Funk goes flying over the top nearly landing on his head. Uno waits for the right moment then leaps onto the top rope so he's facing backwards then leaps off onto Funk with a beautiful moonsault! Both men are down and out!

When both men get up, Funk tries whipping Uno into the guardrail but Uno jumps on top of it and hits Funk with another moonsault! Caol Uno grabs Funk by his interesting hair and throws him back into the ring. Again he waits, and when Funk gets up Uno springboards into a sunset flip, does a Matrix up onto his feet, turns around, grabs both of Funk's arms and crosses them across Funk's own midsection, and lifts him into a German Suplex pin! Joey Styles remarks that the move is called an Azteca Suplex. Funk gets out of the pin just before three, gets to his feet only to be knocked down with the Maximal Uno kick! The pin and the 1..2..3!

Winner: Caol Uno

Overall: 65%

Crowd: 57%

Match: 74%

Rating: *3/4

--

Lash LeRoux is backstage with Dave Meltzer..

Meltzer: Lash, you requested some airtime earlier today and we could fit a couple of minutes in for you, so what is on your mind?

LeRoux: What's on my mind is that I am the best Cajun wrestler in the world! But the problem is, nobody has gotten to see what the Ragin' Cajun can do. I don't get much time here in IW Wrestling. *cough*Gertner*cough* WCW buried me, I was gone when WWE bought them, where've I been since then?! Who cares! I'm here! So listen..

Meltzer: Well, with all due re..

LeRoux: Dave, didn't I tell you to listen? Everyone else is.. Next week, on Code Red, I will face anyone. The old standby Open Challenge, that's right. Next week, anybody, from anywhere. Everyone will get to see what the Ragin' Cajun is capable of, Dave.

Lash LeRoux walks away..

Meltzer: Well, apparently next week we will see Lash LeRoux take on anyone who steps up to challenge him! To you, Joey..

Styles: Thanks, Dave, and when we come back from commercial we will see Paul Birchall versus the challenger for the True Talent Championship this Sunday, Frankie Kazarian! Stay with us.

Lash LeRoux gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Overall: 71%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Paul Birchall (w/Air Paris) vs. Frankie Kazarian

They go for a lockup to start but Frankie pokes Birchall in the eye, lands a few punches then whips him into the ropes followed up by a leg lariat. He picks Birchall up and kicks him in the gut to keel him over. Powerbomb setup gets reversed with a double-leg takedown. Birchall jumps through Kazarians legs to land an elbow drop on his chest, followed by an unloading of stomps to the head and chest. Birchall picks him up then executes a front chancery suplex for a two-count. Birchall picks him up again, or at least tries to as Kazarian grabs his tights and pulls him head first into a corner.

Frankie gets to his feet and begins stomping and punching in the corner. Three chops precedes a whip to the opposite corner, but Birchall reverses. Frankie goes in but catapaults up so the charging Birchall gets into the corner, then Kazarian drops into a sitdown while grabbing Birchall's jaw with both hands and dropping him backwards! Both men stay down for a 6-count, with Kazarian up first. Air Paris gets on the apron to distract Frankie and it works. Kazarian takes a swing but Paris hops off in time to not get hit, Frankie turns around to be met with a kick to the gut and a fisherman buster for a near-fall. Birchall picks him up and whips him into the ropes. On the return, he catches him in a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker, but stays in position to lift and flip Kazarian back over his arm and back onto Frankie's feet, and then drops him again with a reverse DDT that lands on Birchall's knee! A cover results in Kazarian barely getting a shoulder up before three.

Birchall is now telling Kazarian to get up and eventually he does. Two punches back him against the ropes, then an Irish whip is reversed and out of nowhere Air Paris trips Paul Birchall! Paris jumps onto the apron just as Birchall turns to confront him. He's met with a hard punch that spin him around, and just as he does he's immediately leveled by a superkick from Kazarian that gets him the three count. It looks like the team of Air Paris and Paul Birchall is no more as Paris walks off looking pleased.

Winner: Frankie Kazarian

Air Paris's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Air Paris gained 2 points of overness from this turn.

Overall: 66%

Crowd: 49%

Match: 84%

Rating: **1/2

--

A video is shown to the audience and viewers at home hyping a new star to debut soon by the name of Ryan Wing.

Overall: 54%

--

Frank Shamrock vs. Lenny Lane

Lenny Lane gets some offence in at the beginning, but eventually is caught in a belly-to-belly side suplex that takes him down to mat. Shamrock stays on top of him, hitting knees and forearms to the head. Lane gets picked up by the waist only to be taken back down with a German suplex whip. Shamrock locks in a triangle hold and Lane immediately taps out to gain the quick victory!

Winner: Frank Shamrock

Overall: 69%

Crowd: 63%

Match: 75%

Rating: **

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

The show fades back in to the blaring sirens that signifies the World Heavyweight Champion, Scott Steiner, is in the ring with a microphone..

Steiner: Last week, I did what I came here to do, and that's win the World Heavyweight Title. Nicho el Millonario's punk ass got beat in this ring so bad that he's not here tonight. I don't care if he's here tonight or not, Big Poppa Pump is here with the World Title and the fans, waiting to hear what I'm gonna be doing this Sunday. So Joel Gertner, I know you have an announcement to make so get out here and make it.

Scott Steiner waits on Gertner's arrival, but after nearly 30 seconds Joel Gertner shows up on the big screen..

Gertner: Trust me Scott, you are just as anxious as the fans to find out what's going on Sunday at Night of Glory, but the truth is I'm still weighing all my options and I haven't decided yet on what the main event will be.

Steiner: You've got to be kidding me Joel! You don't know what you'll do for the main event? What kind of punk commisioner are you? I came out here to fi..

Gertner: I am the Head of Talent thank you, Scott Steiner, and insulting me isn't going to get you anywhere except worse. I'll be here after the next match to announce my decision and that decision will be final. Until then Scott, I suggest you just go backstage and wait, and not cause any problems because I can and WILL keep you under control if I need to.

The screen goes black and the crowd is starting to chant Scott Steiner's name..

Steiner: Listen Gertner, it doesn't matter what you threaten me with, it doesn't matter what you do, I will walk out of Night of Glory with the World Heavyweight Championship. Now holla if ya hear me!

Overall: 80%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Kid Romeo vs. CM Punk ©

Non-Title Match

The crowd is chanting "CM Punk" as the match gets underway. Fast-paced action as Romeo trips Punk, goes for the cover and gets a one-count. CM Punk does the same, then takes two arm drags before doing three of his own, the last one into an armbar that he pulls Romeo into a standing position with. He lets go and into a headlock, gets pushed away into the ropes, rebounds and takes a back elbow. Romeo runs perpendicular, Punk rolls on his stomach and Romeo hops over, to bouce off the opposite ropes. CM Punk leaps from the mat into a HIGH dropkick but Romeo slides under it onto his stomach, leaps up for one of his own but is swatted away. Punk responds with an incredibly fast snap hurricanrana that sends Kid Romeo out to the floor to the delight of the crowd. CM runs the far ropes and leaps over the top with a front flip, but he connects with nothing but the guardrail and lands partially on his neck! The crowd heats up a "holy shit" chant in response.

Kid Romeo now comes over and picks up the remains of CM Punk, drives his head into the guardrail then Irish whips him hard into the ring steps. Again he picks him up and now whips him into the guardrail. Romeo leads him to the side of the ring where he spears him into the apron then stomps at the now sitting body of CM Punk. Romeo goes into the ring and waits for Punk, who gets in slowly to a welcoming party of more stomps. Again he gets picked up and now thrown into the corner where he recieves a long-winded set of 5 chops. After yelling a couple taunts to the crowd, unusual for the babyface Kid Romeo, he whips CM Punk across the ring to the opposite turnbuckles. Punk tries to get a boot to the face in, but Romeo sees it coming and grabs both legs, pulls Punk away from the corner in a seated powerbomb position, and drills him into the ring mat. Romeo does a little bit of dancing before climbing up to the top rope and launches off with a moonsault that misses! Both men are down!

At the count of 7, CM Punk staggers to his feet followed by Kid Romeo. Romeo goes for three punches but all of them were blocked. Punk runs into the far ropes and comes back with a diving forearm smash. CM Punk picks up Kid Romeo and hooks him up for a suplex, but it's countered into a small package for a two. Punk responds with a crucifix into a sunset flip for a two of his own. A quick DDT from Romeo gets another two-count, follow by a roll-up that gets another, a hurricanrana pin that gets yet another two-count, and finally a Downward Spiral from CM Punk for a final two-count. The crowd loves it! Kid Romeo charges but Punk gets out of the way and Romeo does a crash and burn into the corner. CM Punk waffles him with a clothesline before executing the Pepsi Plunge and getting the three count!

Kid Romeo rolls outside after the pin, but comes back in with a fire extinguisher from under the ring while CM Punk is celebrating the win. Punk turns around and gets sprayed in the eyes with it, and when he stumbles back over to Kid Romeo, he nearly takes his head off with a blow from it! Romeo leaves, yelling at the fans.

Winner: CM Punk

Kid Romeo's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Kid Romeo gained 5 points of overness from this turn.

Overall: 78%

Crowd: 65%

Match: 91%

Rating: ***1/2

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

We come back from commercial to see Joel Gertner is backstage with a microphone in hand..

Gertner: Let me make this short and sweet. Since everyone wants to know what the main event for Night of Glory this Sunday nigh on pay-per-view will be, I have decided that it will be a rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship. We will have Nicho el Millonario versus Scott Steiner for the title. Thank you and good night.

Overall: 70%

--

A video highlighting High Impact vs. The Urban Outlawz at Night of Glory is aired.

Overall: 52%

--

Ken Shamrock vs. Andrew Martin

Shamrock is controlled by Martin at the beginning and gets caught in a corner taking knees to the gut. Whip into the ropes is followed by an attempt at the Big Boot early on but Shamrock gets out of the way and attacks Martin's left knee. Now Shamrock is stomping on the knee and ankle. Martin gets lifted up from the mat and pressed against the ropes where he takes two elbow butts to the chest before getting his left leg wrapped in the ropes and attacked some more. Ken Shamrock manages to execute a dragon screw on Martin to get him down, and he locks in a sleeper. After more than a minute, Martin gets to his feet and reverses with a back suplex.

Shamrock still gets to his feet first but is met with hard punches, gets sent into the ropes and is caught in a sidewalk slam for a two-count. Both men are up but Martin bodyslams Shamrock down, lands a big legdrop and gets another two-count. Martin picks up Shamrock and sets him up for a powerbomb, but he slips down and grabs Martin's left ankle trying sucessfully to bring him down! The Ankle Lock is hooked in but Martin isn't tapping.. Shamrock lets go and quickly moves to Martin's head to start pounding on it, then he goes back to the ankle, stomps away at it, then locks in the Ankle Lock again! After almost 45 seconds, Andrew Martin finally taps out to give Shamrock the victory.

Suddenly the arena goes black! And after a short time, Mike Tyson appears on the big screen with a message to Ken Shamrock..

Tyson: Ken Shamrock, boy, you have a hard lesson to be taught to you. You put Mike Tyson away by manipulating tha system. Countless men have felt my punishment, boy, and it destroyed them. This Sunday is the biggest fight of my life and it's against you. Let me tell you this Ken, you will go down and you will go down hard. There's no other way..

The lights come back up to show Ken Shamrock with a blank look on his face as the show fades to close.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

Overall: 75%

Crowd: 72%

Match: 79%

~~~~

Overall Rating: 68%

TV Ratings: 1.70 (vs. WWE Raw's 6.01)

Current Promotion Status: National Level, 13% (+)

----

Don't miss Night of Glory (H)

Guest nebulousecho

IPB Image

October 11, 2005 - Portland, ME

The opening video airs, the pyro explodes, and we are off with the last show before Night of Glory!

Jimmy Rave vs. Air Paris

Air Paris pins Jimmy Rave after hitting the Air Assault.

Winner: Air Paris

Overall: 67%

Crowd: 49%

Match: 86%

Rating: **3/4

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

A video for The Urban Outlawz vs. High Impact at Night of Glory airs.

Overall: 42%

--

The Urban Outlawz vs. Jun Kasai and Masada

The Urban Outlawz execute The Showdown on Jun Kasai to score the victory.

Winner: The Urban Outlawz

Crowd: 36%

Match: 79%

Rating: *1/2

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

A video promoting the match between Kevin Sullivan and Sean O'Haire at Night of Glory is played.

Kevin Sullivan gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Overall: 61%

--

Sean O'Haire vs. Kid Romeo

Kid Romeo is proving to be a great addition to the roster. He wins with the Last Kiss after a ref bump allows Kevin Sullivan to knock Sean O'Haire out with a chairshot.

Winner: Kid Romeo

Overall: 71%

Crowd: 63%

Match: 80%

--

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

--

Nicho el Millonario vs. Paul Birchall

Nicho wins his first match since losing the World Title with the Guillotine Legdrop. After the match, Scott Steiner runs into the ring and can only get a single shot in before Nicho escapes through the crowd.

Winner: Nicho el Millonario

Overall: 65%

Crowd: 46%

Match: 84%

Rating: **1/4

~~~~

Overall Rating: 61%

TV Ratings: 1.76

Current Promotion Status: National Level, 11% (-)

I forgot to add, and of course now lost, the attendance number. Not a biggie though.

• 1 year later...