Ultimate Baseball Online

Yitzy

Yeah, if you didn't know, Ultimate Baseball Online has been in beta for a while now. (And I just found out today :shifty:)

UBO is an online baseball game, but it's not Team Vs. Team. You make a person, and you are ONLY that person. I.E you only bat when you come up. You only field your position etc. etc.

Everything is a bit hard at first (I'm still getting used to it, so I suck), but I'm sure as soon as you get used to it it's pretty fun.

I have a Right Fielder named Yitzy. My batting average is a whopping .000, but I did manage to Sac Bunt an RBI (don't ask how that happened).

http://www.ultimatebaseballonline.com/

Go me, I got 2 hits...well, the first time I ran past the bag and got tagged out <_<

But the second time they screwed up the throw/catch and I got on base.

Then I accidentally stole second, which I'm apparently not supposed to do. But the batter hit a HR (our third of the inning) and I became a run!

Look for Oldskool (Y)

EDIT WITH IMPORTANT UPDATE: Stealing, or running on wild throws/pitches...SEVERELY frowned upon. Half the game wanted to boot me from it because I took home on a wild pitch <_<

Edited by oldskool

Look for me, I'll help you get better. Yitzy too, right Yitz?

EDIT: First tip for any/everyone: The most important 2 stats are Body Strength and Speed. The others are pretty useless at this point, but without Body Strength, you'll struggle to get any decent hits...and without speed, you'll have a tough time running out any hits to start with <_< 2B and CF seem to be good positions to pick to get solid stats. Don't be a P, you get terrible speed and BS and not that big of a bonus in the other stats.

Edited by oldskool

Go me, I got 2 hits...well, the first time I ran past the bag and got tagged out <_<

But the second time they screwed up the throw/catch and I got on base.

Then I accidentally stole second, which I'm apparently not supposed to do. But the batter hit a HR (our third of the inning) and I became a run!

Look for Oldskool (Y)

EDIT WITH IMPORTANT UPDATE: Stealing, or running on wild throws/pitches...SEVERELY frowned upon. Half the game wanted to boot me from it because I took home on a wild pitch <_<

It's incredibly easy to steal, but only because the AI is god-awful at doing anything well, let alone consistenly doing ANYTHING, good or bad. One play the 3B is charging home plate, then making a catch of a ball halfway to the LF in the course of one second....the next minute that very LF is running on top of the ball while the runners advance.....and then with runners on first and second, throws the ball to the uncovered home plate <_<

Might want to turn that second pic in your sig to the past tense, tarheels4life :)

EDIT: BWAHAHA, first homerun ever, left field off of Noobler. I thought I missed completely but I CRUSHED it! :D:D:D:D:D

Edited by oldskool